PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Scariest Movies of All Time...

Archer81
10-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Top 25 Scariest Movies of All Time...

According to IGN.com...

25. Friday the 13th (original 1980)
24. Scream
23. Dracula (1931 version)
22. The Haunting
21. The Blair Witch Project
20. Suspira
19. Let the Right One in.
18. An American Werewolf in London
17. Dawn of the Dead (1978 version)
16. A Nightmare on Elmstreet
15. The Thing
14. The Fly (1986 version)
13. Poltergeist
12. The Ring
11. Halloween (Jamie Lee Curtis version)
10. Night of the Living Dead (1968 version)
9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
8. Rosemary's Baby
7. Bride of Frankenstein
6. The Shining
5. Silence of the Lambs
4. Alien
3. Jaws
2. Psycho
1. The Exorcist

Kind of thought a nice change of pace from the regular doom and gloom threads would be good.

:Broncos:

Popps
10-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Can't argue with #1. List seems fairly soild.

28 Days Later probably deserves the list. It's the best zombie movie made, and probably a top 10 horror flick.

HAT
10-27-2010, 12:25 PM
Ahem?

http://www.symphonyspace.org/img/events/6416/ghostbusters-thumb-482x400-99211.jpg

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Can we add last Sunday's game to this list somehow?

Archer81
10-27-2010, 12:29 PM

Its 26...

It missed the cutoff.

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 12:31 PM

Well Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a bit reminscent, does that count?

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 12:32 PM

28 Days Later probably deserves the list. It's the best zombie movie made, and probably a top 10 horror flick.

Nuh uh. Shaun of the Dead. Best Zombie movie ever, also funniest. ;D

OBF1
They missed the monster from Piedra Blanco...scary as hell old black and white.

BroncoLifer
Ahem?

http://www.symphonyspace.org/img/events/6416/ghostbusters-thumb-482x400-99211.jpg

Don't know. My father wouldn't let me watch it.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Event Horizon needs to be on this list. Bag Scream or Blair Witch.

Archer81
10-27-2010, 12:36 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

Why not It, The Blob, 28 Days Later or When a Stranger Calls? Scream and Blair Witch?...

NFLBRONCO
10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
I think scream and friday the 13th deserve to be higher on the list.

Exorcist is scary if your young but, overrated if your older.

The Shining only cool thing it was filmed in Estes Park. Did not see hoopla of this movie being scary at all.

TheReverend
10-27-2010, 12:41 PM
The correct answer is: "The ones you watched as a child"

Nightmare on Elm Street and Pet Cemetary ****ed my world up.

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Top 25 Scariest Movies of All Time...

According to IGN.com...

25. Friday the 13th (original 1980) - always thought this was just a Halloween knockoff, never a fan. the first one was better than the rest, but still never scared me much.
24. Scream - good film, but not as scary now.
23. Dracula (1931 version) - eh, got to love Bela Lugosi in all his cheesy glory and the sets are amazing but the film is only so so. I like Nosferatu
22. The Haunting - the original is good, the remake bites
21. The Blair Witch Project - so overrated.
20. Suspira - creepy and weird and all these lists have it. not sure it's the scariest, but certainly it is weird.
19. Let the Right One in. - Really good. Am worried the Americanized version will bite.
18. An American Werewolf in London - scary and funny (sets the stage for great stuff like Shaun of the Dead)
17. Dawn of the Dead (1978 version) - I like this, but I really liked the remake too.
16. A Nightmare on Elmstreet - first one is scary and Nancy is one of the better horror heroines, smart and a fighter. The remake was ok, but fundamentally weakened Nancy which was the worst thing they could do.
15. The Thing - freakin awesome. Saw it last year first time in rerelease at the theater, still freaky even with the dated technology in it. I hear there's a remake in the works, given other remakes that sucked, I worry.
14. The Fly (1986 version) - creepy and well made, but not sure the best scary film
13. Poltergeist - definitely creepy, I remember closets being scary for a long time for some reason.
12. The Ring - eh, didn't scare me, but ghosts are not really my thing, except in 6th Sense maybe
11. Halloween (Jamie Lee Curtis version) - one of my first horror films and loved Jamie. Smart and human. Everything to follow was pretty bad tho
10. Night of the Living Dead (1968 version) okay, but not one of my scariest, but certainly set the standard.
9. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) - eh, I know everyone loves this film, but I kind of thought most of the people were stupid. But I recognize its freak out factor
8. Rosemary's Baby - creepy, really creepy. still hate Roman Polanski tho
7. Bride of Frankenstein - fabulous film
6. The Shining - Here's Johnny! Love this one too. I even had a red room in my house once nicknamed by my dad Redrum..and I put souveniers from the Estes Park Hotel the book is based on in here.
5. Silence of the Lambs - okay, love this one too, but have hated most of the ones made after this
4. Alien - amazing film, scary, creepy, gross.
3. Jaws - still scares me (the sequels are just patently bad and really funny)
2. Psycho - Love Anthony Perkins, love this film, tho for today's audiences the pace would be too slow I suspect. Hate the remake, completely pointless.
1. The Exorcist - excellent film, and also a great how to film on dealing with the problems of epilepsy.

Kind of thought a nice change of pace from the regular doom and gloom threads would be good.

okay I like most of the films on this list, though not necessarily in this order. I am a horror movie junkie for some reason. Cannot help myself. Wow, I talk a lot. ;D

Mogulseeker
10-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Decent list... I think the religious horror films are the scariest, because they're actually fathomable - ie Exorcist, Shining, Rosemary's Baby, etc.

Some of those however I wouldn't put on there. Especially Scream. I saw that when I was like 12 and I remmember wondering if it was a joke - like if it was supposed to be a comedy.

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 12:53 PM
I think scream and friday the 13th deserve to be higher on the list.

Exorcist is scary if your young but, overrated if your older.

The Shining only cool thing it was filmed in Estes Park. Did not see hoopla of this movie being scary at all.

Actually, only the Shining Miniseries was filmed at Estes Park. Stanley Kubrick's film was made in London on soundstages and the exterior shots are a hotel in Oregon. I found this fun fact out when I went to the hotel in Estes Park. Stephen King did in fact base his novel on the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park though.

Mogulseeker
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Actually, only the Shining Miniseries was filmed at Estes Park. Stanley Kubrick's film was made in London on soundstages and the exterior shots are a hotel in Oregon. I found this fun fact out when I went to the hotel in Estes Park. Stephen King did in fact base his novel on the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park though.

As amazing as Kubrick is, he always manages to piss off the writers of his movies. I'm pretty sure Stephen King hated the film adaption of the Shining, and Anthony Burgess said that the film adaption of A Clockwork Orange completely missed the point of his book, and even conveyed pretty much the opposite meaning of what he had initially intended.

NFLBRONCO
10-27-2010, 01:02 PM

Thanks you are correct.

OBF1
10-27-2010, 01:03 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

Why not It, The Blob, 28 Days Later or When a Stranger Calls? Scream and Blair Witch?...

"It" and the Blob....classics both gave me the creeps as a kid

Br0nc0Buster
10-27-2010, 01:04 PM
I didnt know Jaws was a horror movie
I liked it, but never thought of it as a scary movie

Event Horizon scared the poo out of me, but then again I was like 10 when I saw that so I dont know how scary it would be now

Exorcist is a good choice, good movie and very creepy

also I thought the remake of the Shining was scarier than the original version personally

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 01:07 PM
As amazing as Kubrick is, he always manages to piss off the writers of his movies. I'm pretty sure Stephen King hated the film adaption of the Shining, and Anthony Burgess said that the film adaption of A Clockwork Orange completely missed the point of his book, and even conveyed pretty much the opposite meaning of what he had initially intended.

Well the Shining I think is the only one of his films I like. It is atmospherically creepy, but it does alter the book a lot, sometimes for the better and sometimes not.

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 01:11 PM
The Sixth Sense had some pretty scary moments.

Br0nc0Buster
10-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I was about to say the Sixth Sense as well
even though it may not have been a horror, IMO it was creepier than a lot of those on the list above

Hogan11
10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I don't know if Angel Heart qualifies as a horror film or not, but it's about the only thing in my collection that comes close to it.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-27-2010, 01:13 PM
I dont really get scared by movies...but the Ring scared the bejeezes out of me. Cant explain why, but it did. Maybe ghosts scare me.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-27-2010, 01:14 PM

Good call

Old Dude
10-27-2010, 01:23 PM
My list of most horrifying films of all time:

10. Annie Hall
9. The Notebook
8. Terms of Endearment
7. Gone With the Wind
6. Adventures of Pluto Nash
5. Daddy Day Camp
4. Catwoman
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
2. Titanic
1. Gigli

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 01:25 PM

10. Annie Hall
9. The Notebook
8. Terms of Endearment
7. Gone With the Wind
5. Daddy Day Camp
4. Catwoman
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
2. Titanic
1. Gigli

oh my. I mostly agree with this list. ;D

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 01:28 PM

10. Annie Hall
9. The Notebook
8. Terms of Endearment
7. Gone With the Wind
5. Daddy Day Camp
4. Catwoman
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
2. Titanic
1. Gigli

You've mixed up your lists. That's the "Movies my wife made me watch" list. Ha!

Mogulseeker
10-27-2010, 01:43 PM
I loved the Sixth Sense.... incredibly creepy. Again, when youre raised to believe in religious ideology, it's not death that is scary - it's what lies beyond death because it becomes plausible.

Well the Shining I think is the only one of his films I like. It is atmospherically creepy, but it does alter the book a lot, sometimes for the better and sometimes not.

Do yourself a favor and see Dr. Strangelove. Amazing film.

Mogulseeker
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM

10. Annie Hall
9. The Notebook
8. Terms of Endearment
7. Gone With the Wind
5. Daddy Day Camp
4. Catwoman
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
2. Titanic
1. Gigli

One of those movies is incredibly out of place. They all suck, except Annie Hall was incredible.

MrPeepers
10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
just watched psycho this week, and didn't realize it was filmed in phoenix. we just bought a home in Scottsdale and its really cool to see "old phoenix" in the opening panorama.

it really did go by slowly though, it's a well made movie, but has aged considerably compared to today's modern shock and bang style horrors. Not to mention black and white vs. color.

I really loved 28 days, alien, and shining.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 01:55 PM
The correct answer is: "The ones you watched as a child"

Nightmare on Elm Street and Pet Cemetary ****ed my world up.

Terminator for me. First time I saw that one, it messed me up. I was fine when it was still Arnold.....terrible makeup and all....chasing them around. But once the oil tanker blew up and he became "uncovered", it was hide under the covers time.

Archer81
10-27-2010, 01:58 PM
In the same day, I saw It for the first time, Poltergeist for the second time and Killer Clowns from OuterSpace...That pretty much cemented my hatred of clowns for all time. We all float down here...good for you creepy ****ing Pennywise...you pedobear ****.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
Beep, beep, Ritchie......

BlueCrusher
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Decent list... I think the religious horror films are the scariest, because they're actually fathomable - ie Exorcist, Shining, Rosemary's Baby, etc.

Some of those however I wouldn't put on there. Especially Scream. I saw that when I was like 12 and I remmember wondering if it was a joke - like if it was supposed to be a comedy.

The religious ones seemed to scare me the most too. Omen.

Archer81
10-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Beep, beep, Ritchie......

Stupid clowns.

ColoradoDarin
10-27-2010, 02:14 PM
I hated The Blair Witch Project. Most of the movie I kept wondering why they didn't just follow the river, it's like no one who worked on that movie had ever been camping. Or knew history. Or had common sense.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM

Agreed. I wasnt expecting a scary movie when I watched it and then it just got suddenly terrifying.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2010, 02:26 PM

Kubrick wasn't amazing at all.

The Shining was the only movie he ever made that was worth a **** and the only reason it rocked was because Jack was in it.

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 02:30 PM
I'd think The Omen would be on there.

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 02:31 PM

10. Annie Hall
9. The Notebook
8. Terms of Endearment
7. Gone With the Wind
5. Daddy Day Camp
4. Catwoman
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
2. Titanic
1. Gigli

Ever see Caveman with Ringo Starr? How about Death To Smoochy?

BlaK-Argentina
10-27-2010, 02:39 PM
I don't think The Shining is scary at all. That old lady was creepy but nothing else.

TheReverend
10-27-2010, 02:40 PM
In the same day, I saw It for the first time, Poltergeist for the second time and Killer Clowns from OuterSpace...That pretty much cemented my hatred of clowns for all time. We all float down here...good for you creepy ****ing Pennywise...you pedobear ****.

Oh man, wasn't Poltergeist the one with the clown toy under his bed that came alive and tried to kill him?

I saw that when I was like 4...

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't think The Shining is scary at all. That old lady was creepy but nothing else.

C'mon man, Shelly Duvall wasn't THAT old...:afro:

Archer81
10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Oh man, wasn't Poltergeist the one with the clown toy under his bed that came alive and tried to kill him?

Yes.

They are about to move out, the clown is sitting in a rocking chair when the kid first lays down for bed, so he covers it with a blanket. Kid goes back to bed. He hears a noise, chair is moving, clown is gone. He checks under the bed and that creepy ****ing clown tries to strangle him and the closet turns into a giant vagina...

Goddamned Poltergeist...

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 02:44 PM

And didn't his braces try to deal him the deathblow as well?

From the underrated and oft forgotten files:

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTkwMjI4Njk4Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI4ODEzMQ@@._ V1._SX98_SY140_.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes.

They are about to move out, the clown is sitting in a rocking chair when the kid first lays down for bed, so he covers it with a blanket. Kid goes back to bed. He hears a noise, chair is moving, clown is gone. He checks under the bed and that creepy ****ing clown tries to strangle him and the closet turns into a giant vagina...Goddamned Poltergeist...

Meh, that happens at Tom Brady's place EVERY night.

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 02:46 PM

Damn dude. Did your parents follow that up with Ghostbusters next? ;D

Rabb
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
2 movies as a kid literally ruined any summer vacation we took after and to this day still mess with me.

Jaws and Friday the 13th. There is just something about the way that movies were made then that made it sorta' plausible...not all science fiction based.

I very literally won't swim in the ocean or lakes and won't stay in cabins now.

I watched both of these with my kids, and they think they are stupid and made fun of me. We are so desensitized now.

Archer81
10-27-2010, 02:49 PM
2 movies as a kid literally ruined any summer vacation we took after and to this day still mess with me.

Jaws and Friday the 13th. There is just something about the way that movies were made then that made it sorta' plausible...not all science fiction based.

I watched both of these with my kids, and they think they are stupid and made fun of me. We are so desensitized now.

My neice and nephew love horror flicks in general and zombie flicks in particular. We were watching Nightmare on Elmstreet and I told them about how freddy used to scare the hell out of me when i was their age (7 and 12) and they just laughed at me, and then at Freddy.

Kids...

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 02:50 PM

Yeah I got that from my nephew too. little densitized bastages, lol. Jaws still bothers me. Yeah the Shark looks fake at the end, but up to that, just something about the ocean and not being able to see, that vulnerability scares me...I also have that fear of marriage. ;D

Rabb
10-27-2010, 02:51 PM
My neice and nephew love horror flicks in general and zombie flicks in particular. We were watching Nightmare on Elmstreet and I told them about how freddy used to scare the hell out of me when i was their age (7 and 12) and they just laughed at me, and then at Freddy.

Kids...

lol...EXACTLY!!!

the other one was The Shining, as a kid it tore me up...again, my kids saw it and it was like watching Mystery Science Theater 3000...they just picked it apart

Rabb
10-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Yeah I got that from my nephew too. little densitized bastages, lol. Jaws still bothers me. Yeah the Shark looks fake at the end, but up to that, just something about the ocean and not being able to see, that vulnerability scares me...I also have that fear of marriage. ;D

you're right on both counts

Archer81
10-27-2010, 02:53 PM
lol...EXACTLY!!!

the other one was The Shining, as a kid it tore me up...again, my kids saw it and it was like watching Mystery Science Theater 3000...they just picked it apart

7 year old neice always comments during zombie flicks. She is like why would you run AT the noise? And why is no one carrying bladed weapons? They dont run out of ammo.

Then the 12 year old chimes in that he would run to the mountains to a preprepared bunker to wait out the first wave then emerge ala Fallout and Fallout New vegas...

Damn pop culture...

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 02:54 PM
you're right on both counts

I know. I am totally afraid if I get married, a shark will eat me. also that I will need a bigger boat. it's very odd. ;D

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 02:56 PM
check out the Mist....

HILife
10-27-2010, 02:56 PM
This guy scaries me. Why does he have to be so mean?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/390063351_362189bae9.jpg

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Phantasm

HILife
10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
check out the Mist....

Saw that movie. Crazy ending.

Archer81
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
check out the Mist....

Dude the latest remake of that flick PISSED me off.

The ending especially. He does what he does then takes a walk and less then a mile down the road the mist is gone and the military is rolling in...

What. The. ****.

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Carrie was the one that scarred me for life. That prom scene was freaky deaky and Sissy Spacek is just a frightening looking gal.

Rabb
10-27-2010, 02:59 PM
my oldest made me watch Paranormal Activity with her and frankly, I thought it was stupid as hell

Archer81
10-27-2010, 03:01 PM
my oldest made me watch Paranormal Activity with her and frankly, I thought it was stupid as hell

You know, I watched that one too. It scared the 12 and 7 year old...it bored the hell out of me. Ive seen this movie...they have shows called Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures...

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Dude the latest remake of that flick PISSED me off.

The ending especially. He does what he does then takes a walk and less then a mile down the road the mist is gone and the military is rolling in...

What. The. ****.

a horrifying punch to the nuts is what that was Ha!

Frank Darabont came up with it

BlaK-Argentina
10-27-2010, 03:04 PM

I have that one but haven't watched yet. Should I bother? (considering I'm not afraid of ghosts so it probably won't scare me much)

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 03:04 PM

Was that the dude who worked on such films as ....

The Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption and....

Nightmare on Elm St 3: Dream Warriors.

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Was that the dude who worked on such films as ....

The Green Mile
Shawshank Redemption and....

Nightmare on Elm St 3: Dream Warriors.

yes!

Rabb
10-27-2010, 03:07 PM
I have that one but haven't watched yet. Should I bother? (considering I'm not afraid of ghosts so it probably won't scare me much)

it's ok towards the end but it's not scary...at least it wasn't to me

my kid built it up to be the scariest thing ever and I had heard that from a couple others as well and I just wasn't feeling it

it's certainly no giant ****ing shark eating you or guy in a hockey mask tearing your face off

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 03:08 PM
yes!

I sort of liked Dream Warriors actually. Laurence Fishburne was in it so it had to be good right?

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 03:11 PM
I sort of liked Dream Warriors actually. Laurence Fishburne was in it so it had to be good right?

He was actually 'Larry Fishburne' in that...

SonOfLe-loLang
10-27-2010, 03:12 PM

Darabont's new AMC show looks interesting. Then again, it just looks like 28 days later/justified or something.

He hasnt made a good movie in a long ass while though.

BlaK-Argentina
10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
it's ok towards the end but it's not scary...at least it wasn't to me

my kid built it up to be the scariest thing ever and I had heard that from a couple others as well and I just wasn't feeling it

it's certainly no giant ****ing shark eating you or guy in a hockey mask tearing your face off

Yeah I heard it's scary as hell... but I guess you have to be afraid of ghosts to really "enjoy" it.

Meh... I'll probably skip right to the last 20 mins lol.

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
He was actually 'Larry Fishburne' in that...

Okay that Patricia Arquette from Medium was in it. I wonder if she saw how silly that film was while she was in it. ;D It was the first R movie I ever snuck into.

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Nobody mentioned Alien? That scared the hell out of me the first time I saw it.

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Okay that Patricia Arquette from Medium was in it. I wonder if she saw how silly that film was while she was in it. ;D It was the first R movie I ever snuck into.

Hey, Dokken did the title track to the soundtrack so it had to be good, right?

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 03:17 PM

i KNEW i had seen this picture out there before...Cowboy Curtis from Pee Wee's Playhouse:

http://pixelgroovy.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/cowboy_curtis.jpg

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey, Dokken did the title track to the soundtrack so it had to be good, right?

Do you remember the video? It was pure awesome. ;D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6JDchR31cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6JDchR31cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Darabont's new AMC show looks interesting. Then again, it just looks like 28 days later/justified or something.

I agree.....I can't believe that is going to be a TV series. Yawn

Miss I.
10-27-2010, 03:27 PM
you know over here they are doing some choose your own adventure type horror series, where the audience calls in and chooses who lives and dies. is that the same thing as the Darabont thing? I can't recall who was behind this one over here.

Smiling Assassin27
10-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Do you remember the video? It was pure awesome. ;D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6JDchR31cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H6JDchR31cc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0 x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Nice! Some of the poorest editing in music video history..lol. George Lynch, pre-steroids, being abducted by Freddie. Schmaltzy but I love it!

IHaveALight
10-27-2010, 03:49 PM
The Fourth Kind is a pretty creepy movie if you buy into it.

bap454
10-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Two that deserve some consideration include the Grudge and Mothman Phrophisies...imo

gunns
10-27-2010, 06:08 PM
I think it's a matter of what scares you. Pretty good list. The Thing scared the crap out of one of my kids, he slept with us for a week, and watching Alien I had my hands over my eyes almost the whole show. One that really got my skin to crawl was When a Stranger Calls.

Mogulseeker
10-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Two that deserve some consideration include the Grudge and Mothman Phrophisies...imo

I cannot believe I paid to see the Grudge. It's in the top five worst movies I've ever seen, and was so not scary it was (almost) funny.

Mogulseeker
10-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Are we talking legitimately scary? No film is *scary* to me anymore... but a very very bad babysitter showed me Stephen King's IT when I was 2. Didn't bother me while watching it, but I didn't sleep for days afterward.

That said, I really enjoy Stephen King's writing. I think he's actually quite a good writer, knows story structure and there are even some good levels of social commentary.

Miss I.
10-28-2010, 12:27 PM
okay, I am gearing up for Halloween. Planned and participated in our office Halloween costume contest, etc. I went as a Greek Goddess (insert smart aleck comment here), but I believe there is a running tie between the Witch and Wednesday Addams. Anyway, here's a link to a list of 100 best horror films. Some I agree, some I think are ridiculously bad so I don't know why they are on there unless they ran out of horror films or something. (Children of the Corn is a terrible movie).

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/top-100-horror-movies.html
anyway for what it's worth, a lot of it overlaps with the OP's list towards the top 10 of the list.

Happy Halloween and for my fellowe OMers coming to London, can't wait to see you guys, drink some beer and see my first regular season Broncos game!

Rausch 2.0
10-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Definitely think Prince Of Darkness and The Day After should be in there...

TD30
10-28-2010, 01:04 PM
Audition....Army of darkness

TheReverend
10-28-2010, 01:22 PM
The Fourth Kind is a pretty creepy movie if you buy into it.

This. Totally unsettling watching it until you look into it afterwards and find out it's complete bull****.

Ratboy
10-28-2010, 04:28 PM

28 Days Later is NOT a zombie film.

Atwater His Ass
10-28-2010, 04:38 PM
IT.

Somehow I was allowed to watch when I was young and it still creeps me out.

Archer81
10-28-2010, 05:26 PM
28 Days Later is NOT a zombie film.

I would say it is more a zombie film then not one.

People catch a virus, get a fever which burns out their neocortex and they go on a rampage of flesheating fun.

Ratboy
10-28-2010, 05:40 PM
I would say it is more a zombie film then not one.

People catch a virus, get a fever which burns out their neocortex and they go on a rampage of flesheating fun.

It's a film about an infection (rage virus). It's "zombie-like", but certainly not a zombie film.

_Oro_
10-28-2010, 05:56 PM
The Abyss

SonOfLe-loLang
10-28-2010, 06:21 PM
It's a film about an infection (rage virus). It's "zombie-like", but certainly not a zombie film.

Its a zombie film. Regardless of how they become zombies, its a zombie film.

Ratboy
10-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Its a zombie film. Regardless of how they become zombies, its a zombie film.

No it's not.

A zombie is something that has died and reanimates back to life.. In 28 Days/Weeks later, they do not die.

Bronco Yoda
10-28-2010, 07:43 PM
THE RING still creeps me out.

CHANGSTER
10-28-2010, 08:26 PM

That show is based on a GREAT comic. My favorite all time. If they stay anywhere close to the source material it'll be really good imo. And other than the opening it's really not like 28 days later at all. The zombies look and act as you would think a walking corpse would.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-28-2010, 08:58 PM
The two movies that truly scared me the first time I saw them:

1. Deliverance -- good lord, I was traumatized by that movie. I saw that at just the wrong time in my transition between childhood and adolescence.

2. Saving Private Ryan -- I still get kind of freaked out watching that amphibious landing. Holy shiat.

ShutDownPoster
10-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Halloween needs to be higher on that list - the mother of all slasher movies.

35 years later Exorcist still creeps me the f%ck out! And not the gore, but all the psychological stuff - the loud scratching noises from the attic, the subliminal 'Captain Howdy' images and even the montages of Father Karras' mom - just absolutely chilling.

spdirty
10-28-2010, 11:08 PM
Blair Witch Project freaked me the hell out when I watched thinking it was a real documentary.

Perry1977
10-28-2010, 11:47 PM

10. Annie Hall
9. The Notebook
8. Terms of Endearment
7. Gone With the Wind
5. Daddy Day Camp
4. Catwoman
3. Mrs. Doubtfire
2. Titanic
1. Gigli

LOL! Pleas add "The Horse Whisperer." Longest three hours of my life.

Perry1977
10-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Blair Witch Project freaked me the hell out when I watched thinking it was a real documentary.

That's exactly right. The people who didn't think it was scary were the people who already knew that it wasn't real footage. The whole hook to this film is that people thought it was real at first.

cutthemdown
10-28-2010, 11:55 PM

I was going to say same thing but you outwitted me.

montrose
10-29-2010, 12:00 AM
To me, the best movie that would be classified as horror was The Ring. I actually liked both Paranormal Activity movies. I agree with Rev that when (age) you see something effects your judgement because the Unsolved Mysteries show used to scare me when I was little. Damn Robert Stack's voice...

Now while it wouldn't be termed horror, no movie ever freaked me the **** out more than Eyes Wide Shut.

Archer81
10-29-2010, 12:14 AM
To me, the best movie that would be classified as horror was The Ring. I actually liked both Paranormal Activity movies. I agree with Rev that when (age) you see something effects your judgement because the Unsolved Mysteries show used to scare me when I was little. Damn Robert Stack's voice...

Now while it wouldn't be termed horror, no movie ever freaked me the **** out more than Eyes Wide Shut.

What is funny if I watch Nightmare on Elmstreet now I am amazed it ever scared me. But when I have nightmares as an adult, its usually Kruger chasing me around.

It also scared me when large Marge showed her post accident face in Pee Wee's Big Adventure when I was a kid. Freaked me the **** out.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 12:19 AM
That's exactly right. The people who didn't think it was scary were the people who already knew that it wasn't real footage. The whole hook to this film is that people thought it was real at first.

Agreed. I had the opportunity to see it right after Sundance (or whichever festival it was) and we were told it was secretive and real. Scared me.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 12:22 AM

Dude whenever they did "the UNEXPLAINED" ... **** i just got a chill down my back..haha

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 12:23 AM
No it's not.

A zombie is something that has died and reanimates back to life.. In 28 Days/Weeks later, they do not die.

Technicality

Mogulseeker
10-29-2010, 02:56 AM
IT.

Somehow I was allowed to watch when I was young and it still creeps me out.

See my last post.

IT is the only film I ever saw where I was legitimately scared.

Mogulseeker
10-29-2010, 03:06 AM
BTW why we're on Stephen King (IT, the Shining) I think an oft-underrated one was 1408.

1408 (with John Cusack) one was genuinely scary, but it had a happy ending, which was nice.

Beantown Bronco
10-29-2010, 07:23 AM
BTW why we're on Stephen King (IT, the Shining) I think an oft-underrated one was 1408.

1408 (with John Cusack) one was genuinely scary, but it had a happy ending, which was nice.

I'm on board with 1408. Speaking of Cusack, I'd throw Identity in there as well. Really liked that one. Not "Top 25 scary" or anything....but just an enjoyable flick.

maher_tyler
10-29-2010, 08:41 AM

Stigmata?? I also thought the 4th Kind was scary as hell!!

Pony Boy
10-29-2010, 09:05 AM
The two movies that truly scared me the first time I saw them:

1. Deliverance -- good lord, I was traumatized by that movie. I saw that at just the wrong time in my transition between childhood and adolescence.

2. Saving Private Ryan -- I still get kind of freaked out watching that amphibious landing. Holy shiat.

Deliverance for sure, wow that film still scares the sh*t out of me! I mean, what would YOU do if that happened? Where in the hell did they find that creepy looking kid with the banjo? I can't watch any Ned Beatty movies that had to mark his career. Squeal like a piggy.......

maher_tyler
10-29-2010, 09:52 AM
I also thought Strangers was pretty scary...

Atwater 27
10-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Notoriously missing from the list....

Signs

Communion (Christopher Walken)

Jacob's Ladder

The Grudge (American and Japanese versions)

The Eye (Japanese version)

Paranormal Activity

BlaK-Argentina
10-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Notoriously missing from the list....

Signs

Communion (Christopher Walken)

Jacob's Ladder

The Grudge (American and Japanese versions)

The Eye (Japanese version)

Paranormal Activity

I absolutely HATED The Grudge. I almost walked out of that one.

Signs though, I loved. Terrific acting (the dinner scene was awesome) and kept me at the edge of my seat the whole time.

Beantown Bronco
10-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Signs though, I loved. Terrific acting (the dinner scene was awesome) and kept me at the edge of my seat the whole time.

My favorite scene:

Graham Hess: Lionel Prichard and the Wolfington brothers are back.
Merrill: It's time for an ass-whupping.
Graham Hess: This is not an intelligent way to approach this. Lee is a friend of mine. This is his son.
Merrill: Yeah, we'll be doing Lee a favor. All right, listen, we both go outside, move around the house in opposite directions. We act crazy, insane with anger, make them crap in their pants, force them around till we meet up on the other side.
Graham Hess: Explain "act crazy".
Merrill: You know, curse and stuff.
Graham Hess: You want me to curse?
Merrill: You don't mean it. It's just for show. What?
Graham Hess: Well, it won't be convincing. It doesn't sound natural when I curse.
Merrill: Just make noises, then.
Graham Hess: Explain "noises".
Merrill: Are you gonna do this or what?
Graham Hess: No, I'm not.
Merrill: All right, you want them stealing something in the house next time?
[outside light comes on]
Merrill: On the count of three. One...
Graham Hess: All right.
Merrill: two... three!
Graham Hess: Ahh! I'm insane with anger!
Merrill: We're gonna beat your ass b****! We're gonna tear your head off!
Graham Hess: I'm losing my mind! It's time for an ass-whupping!
[Merrill and Graham meet each other]

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmTYYKKyJzw?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmTYYKKyJzw?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

bronco militia
10-29-2010, 11:55 AM
agree on Signs.....one of my all tiem favorite movies

sadly, it's been all down hill for M.Knight after Signs.

anyone see Devil?

Rock Chalk
10-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Signs was ****ing stupid. I kept waiting for something...ANYTHING to happen and bam, no effing payoff.

bronco militia
10-29-2010, 12:51 PM
I was bored to sleep watching 1408.....Shutter Island would be a much better choice for that kind of movie

bronco militia
10-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Signs was ****ing stupid. I kept waiting for something...ANYTHING to happen and bam, no effing payoff.

I had no expectations for the movie and had no idea what is was going to be about.

I think some people were expecting Independence Day 2. (I hated the first one...**** YOU WILL SMITH!!)

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 01:13 PM

I actually dug signs until the last 5 minutes when they decided to do that stupid alien in the living room BS. It had a begining/middle/end prior to that. I don't know why they bothered with that last scene.

BlaK-Argentina
10-29-2010, 01:24 PM

What I liked so much (aside from the acting) was that they made it believable. Watching it at the theater made me feel like I was there with them and it was awesome. Great atmosphere.

They could have left out the last scene with the alien in the living room though.

BroncoLifer
10-29-2010, 01:30 PM
sadly, it's been all down hill for M.Knight after Signs.

And for M. Gibson, too.

ohiobronco2
10-29-2010, 01:32 PM
Movies don't really scare me anymore. Shows like "I Survived" are much more scary than anything Hollywood can come up with. As a Catholic kid, Exorcist scared the s*** out of me. So did IT. I read the book as well. Stephen King is amazing.

bronco militia
10-29-2010, 01:36 PM
And for M. Gibson, too.

as an actor yes....after Signs he said he was no longer interested in acting anymore.

Beantown Bronco
10-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I actually dug signs until the last 5 minutes when they decided to do that stupid alien in the living room BS. It had a begining/middle/end prior to that. I don't know why they bothered with that last scene.

They could have left out the last scene with the alien in the living room though.

Ummm, what?

The last scene in the living room was EXTREMELY necessary. It LITERALLY tied together the whole movie.

The girl leaving the half full glasses of water everywhere because of the amoebas.
Telling the brother to swing away.
The son's asthma.
His lost faith.
The title of the freaking movie.

All of those references we were beat to death with throughout the movie would've been absolutely meaningless if not for the last living room scene.

BlaK-Argentina
10-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Ummm, what?

The last scene in the living room was EXTREMELY necessary. It LITERALLY tied together the whole movie.

The girl leaving the half full glasses of water everywhere because of the amoebas.
The son's asthma.
His lost faith.

All of those references we were beat to death with throughout the movie would've been absolutely meaningless if not for the last living room scene.

ROFL! It's been a while since I watched it but you're right. I still didn't like the scene. Shouldn't have said they could have "left it out" but I didn't like how it was done. I didn't want to see how the damn aliens looked!

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 02:58 PM
Ummm, what?

The son's asthma.
His lost faith.

The movie was essentially about how people react in an unexplained situation and how a family comes together in the face of extreme circumstances. The aliens were not violent, they were just there. Attacking them or some sort of retaliation was not what that movie was about, it wasnt independence day. It had a climactic scene, the scene in the basement when the son got over his asthema attack. That was it, movie over. Joaquin Phoenix didnt need to hit any grey beings with a baseball bat. It was dumb and tonally diff from the rest of the movie.

Also, the stupid **** with the girl and the water was to serve that moment...it wasnt some integral part of the movie...same with the retarded swing away. Neither were needed at all.

Beantown Bronco
10-29-2010, 03:11 PM
The movie was essentially about how people react in an unexplained situation and how a family comes together in the face of extreme circumstances. The aliens were not violent, they were just there. Attacking them or some sort of retaliation was not what that movie was about, it wasnt independence day. It had a climactic scene, the scene in the basement when the son got over his asthema attack. That was it, movie over. Joaquin Phoenix didnt need to hit any grey beings with a baseball bat. It was dumb and tonally diff from the rest of the movie.

Also, the stupid **** with the girl and the water was to serve that moment...it wasnt some integral part of the movie...same with the retarded swing away. Neither were needed at all.

All I can say is that you completely missed the boat on the movie IMO. There is a reason the movie is called "Signs". Mel Gibson's transformations from a man of faith, to one without faith, to one of faith again because of "the signs" is front and center what the movie was about IMO. You couldn't have completed that circle without the end scene.

You can say that you didn't like the way it was handled. Fine. But some "closing of the loop" was needed given the way we were bombarded by the seemingly unrelated "signs" throughout the movie. The living room scene certainly accomplished that.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 03:20 PM
All I can say is that you completely missed the boat on the movie IMO. There is a reason the movie is called "Signs". Mel Gibson's transformations from a man of faith, to one without faith, to one of faith again because of "the signs" is front and center what the movie was about IMO. You couldn't have completed that circle without the end scene.

You can say that you didn't like the way it was handled. Fine. But some "closing of the loop" was needed given the way we were bombarded by the seemingly unrelated "signs" throughout the movie. The living room scene certainly accomplished that.

I dont disagree with that, but the loop never needed to include ATTACKING ALIENS! His faith was restored in the basement with his son and the asthema. Forget about small details that were earlier in the movie that served that dumb moment when Joaquin "swung away!" which was just absurd. Faith was already restored at that point...again, this wasnt independence day, it was never about malevolant beings...why it became that, i have zero clue.

Archer81
10-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I dont disagree with that, but the loop never needed to include ATTACKING ALIENS! His faith was restored in the basement with his son and the asthema. Forget about small details that were earlier in the movie that served that dumb moment when Joaquin "swung away!" which was just absurd. Faith was already restored at that point...again, this wasnt independence day, it was never about malevolant beings...why it became that, i have zero clue.

If I recall correctly the aliens came to earth to harvest people for food.

So Merrill beating the **** out of the green nasty makes sense, as does the little girl leaving glasses of water everywhere.

The last scene was required because otherwise people would be wondering why show a scene with a dying wife saying swing away merrill or the kid's asthma flaring up? Those would be useless details and would take away from the entire experience.

So the ending was fine.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 04:00 PM

So Merrill beating the **** out of the green nasty makes sense, as does the little girl leaving glasses of water everywhere.

The last scene was required because otherwise people would be wondering why show a scene with a dying wife saying swing away merrill or the kid's asthma flaring up? Those would be useless details and would take away from the entire experience.

So the ending was fine.

It was? its been a while since I saw it, but are you confusing Signs with War Of The Worlds? I dont think the aliens had an agenda? If they found one at the end, still not needed...it wasnt an alien attack movie.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 04:01 PM

So the ending was fine.

Those would be useless details, but its not like those details NEEDED to be in there (the asthema was fine, the swing away never needed to be there at all..it could have easily been replaced by something subtle and relevant) The stupid swing away detail was solely there to serve that unneeded ending

Whatever its just my opinion.

Archer81
10-29-2010, 04:11 PM
It was? its been a while since I saw it, but are you confusing Signs with War Of The Worlds? I dont think the aliens had an agenda? If they found one at the end, still not needed...it wasnt an alien attack movie.

No, it wasnt an alien attack movie.

But aliens fly through space in droves to land on earth and check people out for the hell of it on a world where water is acid to them? That doesnt make any sense. There would have to be a reason aliens would come to earth knowing the high amount of water here could be deadly to them.

So while the story was a redemptive one for Gibson's character, it was set against the backdrop of aliens coming to earth to harvest people. His wife being cut in half and "seeing" the future is a sign from God that this is coming and she warns him what to do about it. That is what restores his faith, his wife leaving and his son and daughter having behaviors that can avoid or stop the aliens and merrill being a former major leaguer is all divine signs.

So those events were needed for the movie to make any sense at all.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 04:18 PM
No, it wasnt an alien attack movie.

But aliens fly through space in droves to land on earth and check people out for the hell of it on a world where water is acid to them? That doesnt make any sense. There would have to be a reason aliens would come to earth knowing the high amount of water here could be deadly to them.

So while the story was a redemptive one for Gibson's character, it was set against the backdrop of aliens coming to earth to harvest people. His wife being cut in half and "seeing" the future is a sign from God that this is coming and she warns him what to do about it. That is what restores his faith, his wife leaving and his son and daughter having behaviors that can avoid or stop the aliens and merrill being a former major leaguer is all divine signs.

So those events were needed for the movie to make any sense at all.

Wait, are you just implying this harvest thing? Did they say it? See, to me, the movie was about restoring faith and commentary on what people do in unexplained situations (similar to the original Day The Earth Stood Still). Any detail about the wifes whatever to SERVE that ending moment just wasnt needed. That whole crappy subplot made the movie worse for me. It was a well done, somewhat subtle character piece except for that thread..and the movie could have existed just fine without it.

The whole bit with the water was just crappy storytelling if you ask me.

Plus...the aliens just picked up and left. They werent chased away (if i recall)

Archer81
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Wait, are you just implying this harvest thing? Did they say it? See, to me, the movie was about restoring faith and commentary on what people do in unexplained situations (similar to the original Day The Earth Stood Still). Any detail about the wifes whatever to SERVE that ending moment just wasnt needed. That whole crappy subplot made the movie worse for me. It was a well done, somewhat subtle character piece except for that thread..and the movie could have existed just fine without it.

The whole bit with the water was just crappy storytelling if you ask me.

Plus...the aliens just picked up and left. They werent chased away (if i recall)

The day the aliens leave a television announcer says they have just gone, and alot of people are missing. (Assumption here is that the aliens took them. For what purpose? Who knows. But it would make the most sense that they were for food or for research. Either way our planet is invaded for something).

SonOfLe-loLang
10-29-2010, 04:48 PM
The day the aliens leave a television announcer says they have just gone, and alot of people are missing. (Assumption here is that the aliens took them. For what purpose? Who knows. But it would make the most sense that they were for food or for research. Either way our planet is invaded for something).

oh, i dont even remember that. But thats really not needed, it just wasnt that kind of movie. I loved what purpose the aliens, as a tool to question current life/faith/society...anything else was an extraneous detail because the movie had a beginning/middle/end within the constructs that i enjoyed.

rmsanger
10-29-2010, 05:32 PM
A few more the were creepy / scary from my younger years:

1) Children of the Corn - opening scene where the murdered the little boy in the corn field was crazy.. Any film with the devil, creepy white kids named Malaki, and in the boondocks = scary IMO

2)Event Horizon - Alternate Universe / Canibal scenes were just crazy

3) IT - Kinda campy teen clown movie but still some pretty creepy moments

4) Killer Clown from Outerspace - not as much scary but just good ole fashion gore/fun

5) The People Under the stairs - see above

6) HellRaiser - Original one was pretty intense for me

7) Pet Semetary - Awesomeness when the little kid and wife come back from the dead

8) Candyman - 1 scary blackdude!

9) Freaks - crazy scenes from really messed up Carnie peeps

10) Seven - Less of a horror and more of a thriller.. still some epic scenes

11) Child's Play - creepy voice doll killer.. ending cut scene of the doll is probably the best shot of the movie

12) Nosferatu - the OG and original of them all

13) Shocker - 1 more scary brotha.. terrible acting though...

14) The Birds - Alfred Hitchcock has to be at least mentioned the guy was an industry icon.. It's a slam to the industry by not even mentioning him.

15) Black Christmas - crazy to watch this at 8 years old on christmas eve...

16) Dead Alive - I really like this movie!

17) Audition - Japanese torture flick

18) Gremlins - not quite that scary but borderline classic for this genre

19) Puppetmaster - crazy puppet with a knife

20) Pumpkin Head - Finally a Halloween themed one to the max

21) Fright Night - Nice movie with the lady from Married with Children

22) American Warewolf in London - classic how can it not make the list!

23) Changeling - Dark/creepy

baja
10-29-2010, 06:13 PM
Has anybody mentioned "The Last House on The Left"?

BlaK-Argentina
10-29-2010, 06:15 PM
http://www.filmexpress.it/img/locandine/29923420e07340a529-Critters.jpg

BlaK-Argentina
10-29-2010, 06:16 PM
Those little ****ers scared the crap out of me when I was a kid.

Miss I.
10-30-2010, 05:22 AM
1. This is just my opinion, but I thought Signs was not scary at all. I like the tinfoil hat thing because it was funny, but the aliens at the end were lame and M Knight Shamalamalama should never act. He was as bad in this as he always is. Him and Tarantino should stick to directing and avoid acting or be like Hitchcock and just be a background piece without speaking.

2. Regarding religious films, I thought the low budget Fraility was one of the best and most disturbing in that venue.

3. Also a couple of very good recent films: The Descent and a French film called High Tension (which was gory, violent and genuinely disturbing, not my favorite ending but still good overall).

4. and an oldy but goodie, Near Dark was a very good vampire film back in the day.

Gcver2ver3
10-30-2010, 06:38 AM
The Exorcist, The Exorcist, The Excorcist...

that movie scared the CRAP outta me as a kid and to this day i have yet to get over it...

i remember reading about how the Exorcist affected people in theaters...it was too much for folks...they'd be running out of theaters throwing up or crying...

there were also creepy things that occurred during the filming of the movie...

movie is loosely based off of a true story which only added to its scariness...

that movie was boss...

Gcver2ver3
10-30-2010, 06:40 AM
also...

how does The Omen not make the list?...

and how on earth does Children of the Corn not make the list?...that movie was pretty darn scary...

Pet Semetary and What Lies Beneath deserve consideration as well...

NUB
10-31-2010, 02:31 AM
This French film called Martyrs left me psychologically ****ed up for like a week.

Archer81
10-31-2010, 10:54 AM
Speaking of horrific movies...

Ghostbusters is on TV. How did my parents subject me to this grusome display of celluloid?

Why God, why?

Rock Chalk
10-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Speaking of horrific movies...

Ghostbusters is on TV. How did my parents subject me to this grusome display of celluloid?

Why God, why?

This might be the single best running joke on the Mane.Ever.

Rock Chalk
10-31-2010, 11:02 AM
I watched Natural Born Killers on acid the first time and that ****ed me up for a good 2 years.

Beantown Bronco
10-31-2010, 12:43 PM
This might be the single best running joke on the Mane.Ever.

For me....it's that, then Myrtle Beach, then Shanny hanging out in baja.....then everything else.