PDA

View Full Version : Troy Smith will start on Sunday for the 49ers

The MVPlaya
10-27-2010, 03:10 AM
Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter
With 49ers QB Alex Smith out 2-3 weeks with his shoulder injury, Troy Smith will start against Denver in London on Sunday.

Caveat Lector
10-27-2010, 03:16 AM
To be honest it doesn't really matter who their QB is if we can't stop the run. They could have Vinnie Testaverde's dad playing QB and still beat us if we get trampled on like last week...

tsiguy96
10-27-2010, 03:20 AM
troy smith is easily the most talented of all their QBs, when he did play for baltimore on some gadget plays he was good.

bet hes pissed at how his NFL career has played out thus far.

McDman
10-27-2010, 03:20 AM
He's gonna get a lot of hype after this game.

ColoradoDarin
10-27-2010, 05:20 AM
These are the kind of games where we make a kid like that look like a star.

baja
10-27-2010, 06:04 AM
Hope the players have more confidence than their supposed ardent message board fans.

LRtagger
10-27-2010, 06:04 AM
This honestly worries me

Man-Goblin
10-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Hmmmm, rush Jarvis Moss and rotate in Tebow and it should give him not so pleasant flashbacks to the 2006 national championship game.

Lolad
10-27-2010, 06:49 AM
He's gonna get a lot of hype after this game.

We make all QB's look like all pro. After this game I wouldn't be surprised if they start talking HOF and Troy Smith in the same sentence.

HAT
10-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Hahaha...Troy Smith? And you guys are worried?

UberBroncoMan
10-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Hahaha...Troy Smith? And you guys are worried?

Two words.

Jason Campbell.

_Oro_
10-27-2010, 07:10 AM
Two words.

Jason Campbell.

Two more words.

Jafatty

Okay just needed one more.

cousinal11
10-27-2010, 07:13 AM
There will be a QB contraversy in SF on Monday.

ohiobronco2
10-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Troy Smith was an amazing QB, in COLLEGE. However, the Raiders just made us their bitch. I don't think we can mock anybody or any teams QB.

HAT
10-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Two words.

Jason Campbell.

What about him? Campbell is an established QB in this league who finished in the lower top half of the league LY......Very similar stats to Orton, Flacco & McNabb. (And ahead of your boy Cutler)

I say again...Troy Smith? Hilarious!

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 07:43 AM
Let's put it this way; As Jamarcus Russell shops himself around trying to find a job, he sends out video of his game against the Broncos.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Note to self: cut David Carr and pick up Troy Smith for fantasy team.

HAT
10-27-2010, 08:06 AM
Let's put it this way; As Jamarcus Russell shops himself around trying to find a job, he sends out video of his game against the Broncos.

The one where he was 5/11 for 47 yards? Why in the world would he do that...That's like 45% and 4 Y/A. (Both below his season average last year)

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 08:22 AM
The one where he was 5/11 for 47 yards? Why in the world would he do that...That's like 45% and 4 Y/A. (Both below his season average last year)

45% vs 48%
4.3 vs 5.2

Sad that there really wasn't much difference, actually, between that game and his season averages.

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 08:26 AM
It was a joke, actually. But around here, you have to explain your jokes. All Russell would have to show is the ten yard, comeback, game winning TD - is what I was thinking. The point being - the Broncos shouldn't take anybody for granted at this point. They're at the bottom, looking up.

broncofan2438
10-27-2010, 09:01 AM
How did I know that everyone on here would make a smart ass comment about how we will make Troy Smith look like an MVP out there??
Because it always happens?
or
The majority of people on here are smart asses?

Popps
10-27-2010, 09:03 AM
Two words.

Jason Campbell.

Yea, we beat ourselves in that game more than Campbell. He just had to show up and make basic plays.

Still, I'd rather see Alex Smith than any back up. Unless we're talking about an elite starter, I always felt like it was better to have a lot of film on a team's QB than to face an unknown.

bendog
10-27-2010, 09:26 AM
No Jason Campbell RAN and PASSED on Den. Hit guys in stride. Den didn't beat themselves ... they sucked and got crushed by a better team.

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 09:39 AM
McFadden: 4 TDS, 200 Yards.

baja
10-27-2010, 09:54 AM
No Jason Campbell RAN and PASSED on Den. Hit guys in stride. Den didn't beat themselves ... they sucked and got crushed by a better team.

The Raiders dominated the Broncos and were a much better team that day. Going forward we'll see.

baja
10-27-2010, 09:55 AM

That's all seemed like more. ;D

Ambiguous
10-27-2010, 10:01 AM
How did I know that everyone on here would make a smart ass comment about how we will make Troy Smith look like an MVP out there??
Because it always happens?
or
The majority of people on here are smart asses?

Well, we are currently one of the worst teams in the league. We have one more win than SF, but that's not saying much if you look at how they handled Oakland.

We can' mock anyone at this point.

Absolute embarrass.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 10:13 AM

But that was Orton's fault.

WolfpackGuy
10-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Sign and start Smith as soon as possible, fantasy players.

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 11:12 AM
But that was Orton's fault.

I even saw Champ pull up on a play. The receiver caught the ball a couple of yards in bounds and Champ was in position to make a big hit and instead, he pulled up and let the guy walk out of bounds. Never thought I'd see something like that.

Mr. Elway
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Can't believe the posts here. Obviously this is good news. He is a short, less NFL-ready version of Vince Young who has only been with the 49ers for a couple of months. It took the starter being out and Carr playing horribly for him to even get the start. Their playbook will be much more limited and it will definitely help our defense.

I am as troubled by everyone else by the Raiders loss, but we are not suddenly the worst team in the league. We almost beat the Jets and we will beat the 9ers in London this Sunday.

_Oro_
10-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Can't believe the posts here. Obviously this is good news. He is a short, less NFL-ready version of Vince Young who has only been with the 49ers for a couple of months. It took the starter being out and Carr playing horribly for him to even get the start. Their playbook will be much more limited and it will definitely help our defense.

I am as troubled by everyone else by the Raiders loss, but we are not suddenly the worst team in the league. We almost beat the Jets and we will beat the 9ers in London this Sunday.

Actually losing to the Raiders like that does make us the worst team in the league. But that doesn't mean we have to stay the worst team in the league.

Drek
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
The Raiders dominated the Broncos and were a much better team that day. Going forward we'll see.

The raiders dominated the Broncos because the Broncos quit after they found themselves in a 21-0 hole before the offense ran it's 3rd play.

If Orton doesn't throw a pick six that is almost immediately followed by Thomas fumbling and instead the Broncos match the raiders opening touchdown I'd guarantee you that the attitude we saw on the field would've been completely different and we circle the wagons to win that game.

Instead they were down 21-0 within the first couple minutes of the game and the team just mailed it in.

I watched Troy Smith play an entire game this pre-season against the Rams. He looked ****ing horrible. He can run still but he couldn't spot his passes to save his life or, in the case of that game, his job. Unless something magical has happened to him since the last game of the pre-season he should not be a serious threat to us. But then this rag tag front seven has shown themselves weak against a QB who gets out of the pocket when coupled with a real running game.

oubronco
10-27-2010, 01:49 PM
I even saw Champ pull up on a play. The receiver caught the ball a couple of yards in bounds and Champ was in position to make a big hit and instead, he pulled up and let the guy walk out of bounds. Never thought I'd see something like that.

It's what the NoFunLeague wants