PDA

View Full Version : Who's the team you need to beat to win the AFCW?

baja
10-26-2010, 10:08 PM
I think the Raiders finally got woken up and they are going to play lights out the rest of the season and if you want the AFCW you will have to go through them.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-26-2010, 10:12 PM
The Raiders have lost games to the Cardinals and 49ers this year.

They still have to play Seattle, Miami, Pittsburgh and Indianapolis, two games against KC, one more against SD.

I'll be shocked if they hit 8-8.

Taco John
10-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I hope they all choke on pumpkin seeds.

baja
10-26-2010, 10:15 PM
We'll just have too beat them in their house.

SouthStndJunkie
10-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Kansas City is the team to beat this year.

Oakland is too inconsistent.

10-26-2010, 10:19 PM
We'll just have too beat them in their house.

Will that game be your Super Bowl this year? Or would you rather get the keys to your house back from the Chiefs?

baja
10-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Will that game be your Super Bowl this year? Or would you rather get the keys to your house back from the Chiefs?

It's the old one game at a time Bob. Old sayings get to be old sayings because they have value.

spdirty
10-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Right now it looks more and more like KC will probably win the west. But we arent halfway through yet, so anything can happen.

BroncoMatt
10-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Oakland already has 2 divisional wins

richpjr
10-26-2010, 10:43 PM
There is just no way Oakland wins the division with the stiffs they have at QB. That is not a recipe for sustained success.

strafen
10-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I think the Raiders finally got woken up and they are going to play lights out the rest of the season and if you want the AFCW you will have to go through them.

The raiders are not that good of a team.
We've got beat by a lousy raiders team.
Nice try! ^5

baja
10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Campbell is very serviceable and he's got a very good defense to keep the opponents score reasonable.

baja
10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
The raiders are not that good of a team.
We've got beat by a lousy raiders team.
Nice try! ^5

There's 9 games left we'll see.

baja
10-26-2010, 10:53 PM
Not to mention a good running game.

NFLBRONCO
10-26-2010, 10:56 PM

I agree

baja
10-26-2010, 11:00 PM
I agree

That's because they were slow to get into rhythm. They are there now. You will see consistency from here on out, unfortunately the catalyst was at the expense of the Broncos.

Broncobiv
10-26-2010, 11:01 PM
Who's the team you need to beat to win the AFCW?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:985oOzKoNc-ZkM:http://www.sportslogos.net/images/logos/7/161/full/35fxccoh2gn4o3lavuzl.gif&t=1

baja
10-26-2010, 11:12 PM
1 Sep 12 OAK 13 @ TEN 38 Lost by 25

2 Sep 19 STL 14 @ OAK 16 Won by 2

3 Sep 26 OAK 23 @ ARI 24 Lost by 1

4 Oct 03 HOU 31 @ OAK 24 Lost by 7

5 Oct 10 SD 27 @ OAK 35 Won by 8

6 Oct 17 OAK 9 @ SF 17 Lost by 8

7 Oct 24 OAK 59 @ DEN 14 Won by 45

10-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Campbell isn't even their starter.

Gradkowski is.

They're a joke. Seattle should beat them and that will end this talk.

baja
10-26-2010, 11:20 PM
Campbell isn't even their starter.

Gradkowski is.

The will beat Seattle decisively.

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 11:24 PM

Agreed.

Norv is Norving the Chargers, and Rivers has reverted back to being a whiny child

ZachKC
10-26-2010, 11:28 PM

Beating the Broncos doesn't make someone a good team.

baja
10-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Beating the Broncos doesn't make someone a good team.

I agree.

Ugly Duck
10-27-2010, 12:08 AM

Oakland's "best" receiver Louis Murphy is out with a bruised lung, neither team has an adequate passing game. Looks like this will be a battle of the run games. Oakland sucks against the run, Seattle is great against the run. In spite of all that, Oakland is favored for the 1st time in a long time. I say the Raiders win because.... thats what I do...

ZachKC
10-27-2010, 12:12 AM
Oakland's "best" receiver Louis Murphy is out with a bruised lung, neither team has an adequate passing game. Looks like this will be a battle of the run games. Oakland sucks against the run, Seattle is great against the run. In spite of all that, Oakland is favored for the 1st time in a long time. I say the Raiders win because.... thats what I do...

A bruised lung? That sounds ****ing terrible. Ack...hoping he gets better.

Hoping I get to tune in to see some of this upcoming OAK\SEA game. It should be interesting to watch.

TheReverend
10-27-2010, 12:29 AM
"Baja: team physic"

lolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

baja
10-27-2010, 12:46 AM
ask me anything

HAT
10-27-2010, 02:16 AM
It's going to come down to a tie-breaker between SD & Denver. (Just like I predicted in July or August)

ZachKC
10-27-2010, 02:31 AM
it's going to come down to a tie-breaker between sd & denver. (just like i predicted in july or august)

rofl!

HAT
10-27-2010, 02:36 AM
rofl!

Have you seen Denver's road record vs. the AFCW under McD? 3 freebies.

Blueflame
10-27-2010, 02:56 AM
The will beat Seattle decisively.

That depends on which Seachicken team shows up. They're wildly inconsistent and can look pathetic one week only to look pretty decent the next.

Blueflame
10-27-2010, 02:57 AM

IMHO, Oakland's best (most consistent and reliable) receiver is their TE Miller...

ZachKC
10-27-2010, 03:17 AM
Have you seen Denver's road record vs. the AFCW under McD? 3 freebies.

Nobody that gets humiliated on their home field to a team who got beat by the 49ers gets a freebie.

HAT
10-27-2010, 03:22 AM
Nobody that gets humiliated on their home field to a team who got beat by the 49ers gets a freebie.

Dude...The Broncos humiliated the AFCW on the road last year. No doubters!

ZachKC
10-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Dude...The Broncos humiliated the AFCW on the road last year. No doubters!

So you are going to be really good on the road per your history but your tendency to forgot how to play football down the stretch will be erased?

Buckle up. You have a lot more ass kickings to receive in this league. You keep talking about last year but I believe last year is the absolute best scenario you can hope for. You can't run and you can't stop the run.

HAT
10-27-2010, 03:54 AM
So you are going to be really good on the road per your history but your tendency to forgot how to play football down the stretch will be erased?

Buckle up. You have a lot more ass kickings to receive in this league. You keep talking about last year but I believe last year is the absolute best scenario you can hope for. You can't run and you can't stop the run.

Well, I'm almost 40 and drink and smoke too much so you are right about that.

But if you were talking about the Broncos....CJ2K disagrees.

What's that? It was only one game? Oh yeah, you're right....So was the Raiders.

ZachKC
10-27-2010, 04:20 AM
Well, I'm almost 40 and drink and smoke too much so you are right about that.

But if you were talking about the Broncos....CJ2K disagrees.

What's that? It was only one game? Oh yeah, you're right....So was the Raiders.

You think I am only talking about one game when I refer to the Broncos inability to run or stop the run?

bloodsunday
10-27-2010, 11:00 AM
K.C. (I just puked)

They do the things no one else in the AFC West does right now... run the ball consistently (eliminates Denver and San Diego), play sound defense, and don't beat themselves (eliminates Oakland).

They are an overrated team. But they are an over achieving team in the worst division in the NFL (maybe ever).

HemiEd
10-27-2010, 11:35 AM
It's going to come down to a tie-breaker between SD & Denver. (Just like I predicted in July or August)

LOLHilarious!

Old Dude
10-27-2010, 11:52 AM
At this point, I'd have to say the Jets, and they aren't even in it.

ScottXray
10-27-2010, 12:19 PM
I also think that Oakland has woken up and will contend this year. They put EVERYTHING together last week, O, D and special teams. Denver didn't just play badly, Oakland played really, really well.

Their QB play is their weak point , and their OL has some issues but they have the defense to go toe to toe with almost any team, and they can run also. The two games against KC will be key, and frankly I think they have the horses to get it done. If they win those two games I think they could just swipe the division from KC in a tie breaker.

Right now its still open to anyone, but I think it will come down to KC and Oakland.

God that leaves a bad taste in the mouth!

loborugger
10-27-2010, 12:38 PM
ask me anything

How old were you when you were having the best sex of your life?

redrage
10-27-2010, 02:02 PM
K.C. (I just puked)

They do the things no one else in the AFC West does right now... run the ball consistently (eliminates Denver and San Diego), play sound defense, and don't beat themselves (eliminates Oakland).

They are an overrated team. But they are an over achieving team in the worst division in the NFL (maybe ever).

I don't think they are overrated. They are 4-2 and I don't see anyone talking about them in the same breath as NYJ, Pit, Balt, NE, IND or even Tenn. They are what they are: An improved, ascending team that is taking advantage of an incredibly down year in a ****ty division and a favorable schedule.

I think most people who follow the league know this. However, that doesn't mean they haven't improved. The running game is pretty darn good and Cassel has played mistake-free football (so far). He's only been sacked 5 times all year. Defensively, a number of guys are playing better, but clearly aren't at the level of the best teams.

They aren't over-achieving, they are just taking advantage of the situation they were presented with.

Br0nc0Buster
10-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Chiefies

doubt whoever wins the west wins a playoff game though

But the Chiefs have a cake schedule, they should get to 8-8

and that is what it is gonna prolly take

Eldorado
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
ask me anything

Whats a "team physic"?

supermanhr9
10-27-2010, 03:11 PM
Why are you on this board? Go annoy fans of your own kind, you obviously have way too much time on your hands.

baja
10-27-2010, 03:29 PM
How old were you when you were having the best sex of your life?

It gets better as time goes by so that time lays in the future I trust.

baja
10-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Whats a "team physic"?

It means Spiritual councilor and visionary.

It also means;

phys·ic   
[fiz-ik] Show IPA
noun, verb, -icked, -ick·ing.
–noun
a medicine that purges; cathartic; laxative.
any medicine; a drug or medicament.
Archaic . the Medical art or profession.
Obsolete . natural science.

Here are some synonyms;

physic
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: cure
Synonyms: aid, alleviation, antidote, assistance, catholicon, corrective, counteractant, counteragent, countermeasure, drug, elixir, elixir vitae, fix*, healing, healing agent, help, medicament, medicant, medication, medicine, nostrum, panacea, pharmacon, placebo, proprietary, quick fix, recovery, redress, remedy, reparation, restora-tive, therapeutic, treatment

Eldorado
10-27-2010, 03:59 PM
Why would I want to ask a laxative anything?

baja
10-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Why would I want to ask a laxative anything?

Because there is no holding back the truth.

Sorry it the humor escapes you maybe you and rev can pow wow about it. ;D

KCStud
10-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Well KC plays at Oakland in 2 weeks. If KC wins that game I think that would be huge for KC to win the division. If OAK wins, then they are either half a game behind or tied pending this weekend.

Big game in two weeks. Should be fun.

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 04:18 PM

I think you're smoking crack...Al Davis's to be more specific.

baja
10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
I think you're smoking crack...Al Davis's to be more specific.

I would think you would take some small comfort from being completely ass kicked by at least a team on the rise or a good team that finally put it all together.

I saw a pretty good team in silver & black out there, either that or the worse D I have seen in a long time which do you think it was?

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 05:05 PM
I would think you would take some small comfort from being completely ass kicked by at least a team on the rise or a good team that finally put it all together.

I saw a pretty good team in silver & black out there, either that or the worse D I have seen in a long time which do you think it was?

consider that the broncos have only scored over 20 points once this year, I think the Broncos gave up after the raiders went up 24-0. The injuries have taken their toll and josh hasn't done a good of aquiring quality depth.

don't fret Baja......mcdummy will at least finish up his contract. There's no Shanahan waiting in the wings this time (1994).

Popps
10-27-2010, 05:08 PM
The Raiders have amassed some talent. Just like KC.

When you suck ass for nearly a decade, you eventually parlay that into a few decent players via the draft. Oakland has cleaned up their act a bit. They won't be winning the division, but they can't be taken lightly.

Arkie
10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
It means Spiritual councilor and visionary.

It also means;

phys·ic   
[fiz-ik] Show IPA
noun, verb, -icked, -ick·ing.
–noun
a medicine that purges; cathartic; laxative.
any medicine; a drug or medicament.
Archaic . the Medical art or profession.
Obsolete . natural science.

Here are some synonyms;

physic
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: cure
Synonyms: aid, alleviation, antidote, assistance, catholicon, corrective, counteractant, counteragent, countermeasure, drug, elixir, elixir vitae, fix*, healing, healing agent, help, medicament, medicant, medication, medicine, nostrum, panacea, pharmacon, placebo, proprietary, quick fix, recovery, redress, remedy, reparation, restora-tive, therapeutic, treatment

A team physic can stimulate evacuation of the team's bowels.

baja
10-27-2010, 05:57 PM
consider that the broncos have only scored over 20 points once this year, I think the Broncos gave up after the raiders went up 24-0. The injuries have taken their toll and josh hasn't done a good of aquiring quality depth.

<b>don't fret Baja......mcdummy will at least finish up his contract. There's no Shanahan waiting in the wings this time (1994).

Wouldn't it be funny if he was. how long is his contract in Washington?

kmartin575
10-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Campbell is very serviceable and he's got a very good defense to keep the opponents score reasonable.

Very good defense? They are giving up 5.0 ypc, good for a ranking of 28th in the NFL against the run. The only reason Denver couldn't capitalize on that is because their run offense is the worst in the NFL. Guys like Maurice Jones-Drew, Rashard Mendenhall, Jamaal Charles/Thomas Jones x2, and even Ronnie Brown are going to gash the Raiders.

kmartin575
10-27-2010, 06:15 PM

It's one game. The Chiefs beat the Falcons 56-10 in 2004 but still went a mere 7-9 and missed the playoffs. One game is not indicative of a team's performance for the entire season.

bronco militia
10-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if he was. how long is his contract in Washington?

Kyle? his contract probably lets him out for any headcoaching position.

but then we'd be back to square one with a young coach in his first HC gig.

baja
10-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Kyle? his contract probably lets him out for any headcoaching position.

but then we'd be back to square one with a young coach in his first HC gig.

No I meant Mike coming back. Odder things have happened.

WolfpackGuy
10-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Who cares?

Any of the 4 teams will get stomped at home in the first round game.

Ugly Duck
10-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Well KC plays at Oakland in 2 weeks. If KC wins that game I think that would be huge for KC to win the division. If OAK wins, then they are either half a game behind or tied pending this weekend.

Big game in two weeks. Should be fun.

I'll be there. But if Oakland can manage to pull even with KC, the last game of the season OAK @ KC may be really huge. I won't be there.

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1149529

Eldorado
10-28-2010, 08:54 AM
A team physic can stimulate evacuation of the team's bowels.

I bet he meant psychic and is just trying to cover his ass. :yayaya:

baja
10-28-2010, 09:08 AM
I bet he meant psychic and is just trying to cover his ass. :yayaya:

LOL is that what you would do?

Eldorado
10-28-2010, 09:13 AM
LOL is that what you would do?

I would have spelled it right the first time, you old drunk.

baja
10-28-2010, 12:21 PM
I would have spelled it right the first time, you old drunk.

Hard to be a drunk when one hasn't had a drink of alcohol in almost 17 years.

Eldorado
10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Hard to be a drunk when one hasn't had a drink of alcohol in almost 17 years.

Jeez, you just ruined my day.

I thought you were the old retired guy living on a beach in mexico with a beautiful local girlfriend half your age, drinking rum, watching the surf and posting on the mane.

baja
10-28-2010, 01:59 PM
Jeez, you just ruined my day.

I thought you were the old retired guy living on a beach in mexico with a beautiful local girlfriend half your age, drinking rum, watching the surf and posting on the mane.

LOL that was what I was doing 20 yeas ago.

Well except for the posting on the Mane part.

Bronco Yoda
10-28-2010, 07:12 PM

We'll take (like it or not) what's behind box number two .....for 60 points.

Hogan11
10-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Agreed.

Norv is Norving the Chargers, and Rivers has reverted back to being a whiny child

Reverted? That guy has always been a whiny child