PDA

View Full Version : Our own TSIguy makes MAXDenver's blog

broncosteven
10-26-2010, 09:03 PM
And he has mCd's back!

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/10/26/too-much-to-tweet-fans-takes-on-mcdaniels/

@tsiguy96: Don’t you get the feeling that media and some fans were just waiting for some reason to ‘hot seat’ Josh McDaniels?

Not specifically, although I think many were waiting for whatever validated the belief they’ve held for many months.

Those who’ve been in the anti-McDaniels camp — whether it’s since he was hired or the trades of Jay Cutler, Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler or Peyton Hillis — will naturally look for reasons to validate their belief, and when so easily rises, they’ll pounce. This is human nature; it’s not unique to Broncos fans (or fans of any particular team, for that matter). I heard Panthers fans say the same things about John Fox last year.

No matter where you go in this league, some people are going to despise the head coach, even in good times. The “Fire(insert coach name here).com” sites that litter the Internet offer evidence of that. Some people wanted Mike Shanahan gone in the 2006 offseason, even though the team had been to the playoffs four times in six seasons, seven times in 10 and had just gone 13-3.

But what I’ve observed the last 48 hours is that fans who’ve been steadfastly pro-McDaniels are questioning their support. That’s the deeper concern here among Bronco Nation (or Broncos Country or whatever you wish to call it).

You don’t worry about those that were waiting to put him on the hot seat because they had already made their judgment — and believe me, I’ve heard from plenty of them. You worry about the fans who had been in the corner of the current regime, fans who understood and accepted the team’s plan and now understandably struggle to defend their position to those who disagree.

...More at MAXDenver's site here:

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/10/26/too-much-to-tweet-fans-takes-on-mcdaniels/

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 09:27 PM
i was curious, hes a great writer and has been with more than one NFL team so he has perspective. and you can put me and probably every other bronco fan who thinks mcdaniels is good into the group that is starting to wonder IF this is going to work anymore. i even tweeted him after, saying its impossible anymore to ignore his 4-13 record after starting 6-0.

i still 100% believe he deserves another year, but next year is the deciding factor. i dont wnat to end up like houston.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 09:31 PM
I see tsiguy popping up on MaxBroncos & Lidnsay Jones has replied to you a few times too no?

Our own celebrity.

broncosteven
10-26-2010, 09:44 PM
i was curious, hes a great writer and has been with more than one NFL team so he has perspective. and you can put me and probably every other bronco fan who thinks mcdaniels is good into the group that is starting to wonder IF this is going to work anymore. i even tweeted him after, saying its impossible anymore to ignore his 4-13 record after starting 6-0.

i still 100% believe he deserves another year, but next year is the deciding factor. i dont wnat to end up like houston.

There is nothing wrong with questioning authority, the next few weeks will tell alot about the make up of this team.

I don't advocate firing a HC in the middle of the season after one horrific blow out but I do wonder if mCd went from a 5 year honeymoon to a 2 year anullment

Archer81
10-26-2010, 09:46 PM
And you didnt give this site a shout out?

What type of Orangemane member are you?

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 09:50 PM
And you didnt give this site a shout out?

What type of Orangemane member are you?

he posts here very occasionally

Archer81
10-26-2010, 09:55 PM

Thats good for him.

But you should sign your emails or questions thusly;

Tsiguy96, member of the most awesome fan forum of www.orangemane.com

Popps
10-26-2010, 10:29 PM

Out him so I can kick his ass around this place a few times.

Just kidding. His response was a good one. We all take up positions. Some just do it in a much more annoying fashion than others. I'm fine with people questioning McDaniels or even doubting his ability. But, I don't go for the rooting against the team stuff, or only showing up to the forum when we lose to gloat. (BPC, etc.)

The bottom line is, we weren't going to be much better than a .500 team this year before the injury plague hit. Now, we've got a young coach... literally having to sign guys off of the street so we don't run out of defensive linemen.

The guy needs a healthy squad before he can be properly judged.

People just have the taste of the Raiders game so fresh in their mouths, they forget that we SHOULD have beaten Jacksonvill, we SHOULD have beaten the Jets and we could have beaten Indy.

You give this team a healthy Clady/Doom/Ayers... and we're .500, minimum right now. Not to mention the rest of the walking wounded we've had.

In fact, we might have a winning record right now with a healthy squad. Anyone disagree with that?

So, maybe this year isn't exactly going to be the best litmus test as to what kind of coach McD will be in the long-term. I'll certainly admit that he's made some questionable moves. He's also made some great moves.

This thing wasn't going to be fixed overnight. You don't go from the mess we were in 08 to a competitive team in one season, particularly when you're swapping out systems. Much less when you're having to do it by signing guys off the street because of injury.

Sunday was a mess, but it doesn't define McD's career or this team's future.
We need a lot more information before we can make a definitive judgment, and Bowlen is well aware of that fact. Hence, McD will be coaching through the end of next season, minimum. Longer if he starts to improve the team.

Hey, it'll keep the forums busy. Look it it that way.

Mr Chatterboodamn
10-27-2010, 02:29 AM
out him so i can kick his ass around this place a few times.

Just kidding. His response was a good one. We all take up positions. Some just do it in a much more annoying fashion than others. I'm fine with people questioning mcdaniels or even doubting his ability. But, i don't go for the rooting against the team stuff, or only showing up to the forum when we lose to gloat. (bpc, etc.)

the bottom line is, we weren't going to be much better than a .500 team this year before the injury plague hit. Now, we've got a young coach... Literally having to sign guys off of the street so we don't run out of defensive linemen.

People just have the taste of the raiders game so fresh in their mouths, they forget that we should have beaten jacksonvill, we should have beaten the jets and we could have beaten indy.

You give this team a healthy clady/doom/ayers... And we're .500, minimum right now. Not to mention the rest of the walking wounded we've had.

In fact, we might have a winning record right now with a healthy squad. Anyone disagree with that?

So, maybe this year isn't exactly going to be the best litmus test as to what kind of coach mcd will be in the long-term. I'll certainly admit that he's made some questionable moves. He's also made some great moves.

This thing wasn't going to be fixed overnight. You don't go from the mess we were in 08 to a competitive team in one season, particularly when you're swapping out systems. Much less when you're having to do it by signing guys off the street because of injury.

Sunday was a mess, but it doesn't define mcd's career or this team's future.
We need a lot more information before we can make a definitive judgment, and bowlen is well aware of that fact. Hence, mcd will be coaching through the end of next season, minimum. Longer if he starts to improve the team.

tl/dr:

v2micca
10-27-2010, 06:51 AM
People just have the taste of the Raiders game so fresh in their mouths, they forget that we SHOULD have beaten Jacksonvill, we SHOULD have beaten the Jets and we could have beaten Indy.

You give this team a healthy Clady/Doom/Ayers... and we're .500, minimum right now. Not to mention the rest of the walking wounded we've had.

Now, as much as I'm really not liking McDaniels right now, I firmly believe that he should finish the season as the Head Coach and if there is a 2011 season he should remain head coach of the Broncos for that season as well. At that time, if his over all record is still below .500 without a playoff appearance, I believe it is time to move in a different direction.

I don't like to play the we should have won that game card. Partly because it feels hollow, and you just end up driving yourself crazy replaying different scenes in your head imagining if just one of many elements had changed in your favor. Secondly, luck tends to even out. We have and will continue to get our fair share of games that we had no business winning save for providence smiling on us. The Cincinnati Opener from last year springs to mind.

That said, games we lost that we should have won serve more as an indictment than as an affirmation as far as I am concerned. And I find it absolutely indefensible that way this team rolled over and played dead against a substandard Raider's squad at home. While he has not been deal the best hand in terms of injuries, McDaniels hasn't given us very many positives this year.

I like to believe I came into this season with reasonable expectations. I thought we had the makings of an 8-8 squad, with a 9 win ceiling. Even after the 2 and 4 start I still maintained that belief. Watching us get manhandled at home has really shaken that faith to the point were the Broncos are really going to have to show me something in the next few weeks to convince me they have more than 6 wins in them.

Ambiguous
10-27-2010, 10:04 AM
I was on the bandwagon until last Sunday. I still think he should finish the season, but barring some miracle turnaround it's time to move on.

Lev Vyvanse
10-27-2010, 10:14 AM
This just proves that tsiguy96 does in fact have an operational shift key.

jhns
10-27-2010, 10:17 AM
What I don't get is how a fan of this team can back McDaniels at this point. He has continued every single bad thing that was happening under Shanahan. He is unable to build the lines. He has kept the revolving door at d coordinator spinning. He has continued the tradition of getting blown out at home by crap teams. His drafting still needs time to be judged but so far we are not getting much production from guys he drafted, especially when considering the resources he has used in the draft. He has spent money on crap free agents. These are the exact reasons that McDaniels supporters hate on Shanahan. It doesn't make much sense other than they only support him so they can be the bestest ever fan!

You want to know how and when McDaniels will get support from the reasoable fan? He can get support by winning games and not creating controversy as often as possible. Respect needs to be earned. Turning this franchise into the league joke on multiple occasions will not earn respect from self respecting fans.

jhns
10-27-2010, 10:22 AM
The bottom line is, we weren't going to be much better than a .500 team this year before the injury plague hit. Now, we've got a young coach... literally having to sign guys off of the street so we don't run out of defensive linemen.

1) Why exactly is this scheme change thing an excuse? Shanahan just changed schemes on both sides of the ball and brought in his own players. Guess what? His team was instantly better. He has turned a top 5 pick team into a better team than this one in a single offseason. McDaniels got an 8-8 team and looks to be going backwards.

2) Losing a bunch of games you should have won is not a sign of good coaching... Why would this be inculded in his defense?

Chris
10-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Here is where and I stand (it's where Popps and micca stand) - this is a lousy situation to judge a coach in. The team is decimated on defense and extremely young on the O-line. Give Mcdaniels one more year and if he doesn't make the playoffs then it's time to cut ties.

broncosteven
10-27-2010, 10:37 AM
...The bottom line is, we weren't going to be much better than a .500 team this year before the injury plague hit. Now, we've got a young coach... literally having to sign guys off of the street so we don't run out of defensive linemen.

You give this team a healthy Clady/Doom/Ayers... and we're .500, minimum right now. Not to mention the rest of the walking wounded we've had. In fact, we might have a winning record right now with a healthy squad. Anyone disagree with that?

So, maybe this year isn't exactly going to be the best litmus test as to what kind of coach McD will be in the long-term. I'll certainly admit that he's made some questionable moves. He's also made some great moves.

Sunday was a mess, but it doesn't define McD's career or this team's future.
We need a lot more information before we can make a definitive judgment, and Bowlen is well aware of that fact. Hence, McD will be coaching through the end of next season, minimum. Longer if he starts to improve the team.

Your right, we should have beaten the Jags and the Jets, we were close enough to win both, the Jets was just a bad situation at the end of the game where they forced a young player into a bad decision which is what good teams do. Could have won the Jag game if didn't start so slow and were able to stop a QB who lost his job a couple weeks later.

If the team beats up on the cream puffs like we did vs Seattle and steal a game like vs Tenn then if there is football next year and the team plays better and gel's, the run game gets better, OL consistent then yes he deserves another year.

If we end the season at 6-10 and someone Bowlen likes is available then it might be prudent to make a move.

mCd has to be able to play the players he has available, the guys in the trainer room can't help, he needs to get the most out of the guys on the field and he hasn't been able to do that. I think part of that is his system is too complicated and if a BU is not getting reps they are going to make mistakes in games. Then game by game he is moving guys around or sitting them rather than try to get some consistent play, at somepoint his team is going to need to line up and beat opponets straight up without all the finess and they won't get that kind of confidence when mCd is pulling guys because he thinks the paper matchup looks better on Tuesday.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 10:47 AM
We have and will continue to get our fair share of games that we had no business winning save for providence smiling on us. The Cincinnati Opener from last year springs to mind.

Not to get off track here, but I still believe the Broncos absolutely deserved to win that game more than Cincy. We outplayed them and had the lead the whole game. Cincy only had the lead for a mere 30 seconds because of one scoring drive at the very end. The manner in which the game was won was lucky, but we were the better team that day and deserved it.

Bronco Yoda
10-27-2010, 03:03 PM
If he loses again in Oakland this year, I'd fire him before he hit the showers. As a Bronco fan, I take these Oakland & KFC games very seriously.

tsiguy96
10-27-2010, 03:09 PM
This just proves that tsiguy96 does in fact have an operational shift key.

http://twitter.com/tsiguy96/status/28819744427

not true.

Kaylore
10-27-2010, 03:35 PM
I really wish you would capitalize and use correct punctuation. It makes me loathe all your posts, even when I'm inclined to agree with you.

tsiguy96
10-27-2010, 03:45 PM
I really wish you would capitalize and use correct punctuation. It makes me loathe all your posts, even when I'm inclined to agree with you.

i use correct punctuation like 95% of the time.....but the capitalization thing is a habit that started long, long before i ever started posting here.

_Oro_
10-27-2010, 03:47 PM

Totally agree. And I was like wtf when you used capitalization to tweet Max. So you know how but you just refuse. Awesome.