PDA

View Full Version : Good news! Dawkins and Goodman are back at practice today.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 01:04 PM
:strong:

bronclvr
10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Coincidence? I think not-

Popps
10-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Heeeeelz yea!!!!

Popps
10-26-2010, 01:12 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RCen45dUBkQ/Srw9jwUPXqI/AAAAAAAAAvc/8JtV7wkr77k/s400/968372_praise_god.jpg

Ray Finkle
10-26-2010, 01:14 PM
yeah, lets rush them back in order to get season ending injuries....

Popps
10-26-2010, 01:15 PM

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/replicate/EXID43585/images/DebbieDownerRachaelDratch.jpg

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 01:22 PM

yea, lets sit them til its officially too late to make this season worth anything...

Chris
10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/2009/07/custom_1246464774710_bruno.jpg

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Royal, McBath, Cox, Ayers, Vickerson, Woodyard not at practice.

This is all from MaxBroncos/Lindsay Jones twitter feeds in case anyone is wondering.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-26-2010, 01:27 PM
How long until Goodman gets hurt again?

Popps
10-26-2010, 01:28 PM

This is all from MaxBroncos/Lindsay Jones twitter feeds in case anyone is wondering.

Cox had his bell rung. Might not practice much. Hopefully Goodman can go.

I can't wait until we can field a healthy team again. This has been the most ridiculous season I can remember in that aspect.

Ray Finkle
10-26-2010, 01:29 PM
yea, lets sit them til its officially too late to make this season worth anything...

It makes more sense to have them healthy vs the Chiefs...

Chris
10-26-2010, 01:29 PM
How long until Goodman gets hurt again?

I think he's only been hurt once for us. Hopefully the time taken means he's really ok now.

jmz313
10-26-2010, 01:31 PM
damn, i figured they got a "See you Wednesday!!!!" after the game.

lostknight
10-26-2010, 01:35 PM
We will see if they make the plane ride or not.

Ambiguous
10-26-2010, 01:46 PM

I can't wait until we can field a healthy team again. This has been the most ridiculous season I can remember in that aspect.

08 was pretty close. But yeah, I agree.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 01:47 PM

I'd say losing every running back in 2008 was worse, mostly because that single-handedly caused us to lose Shanny (my premise -with a healthy Hillis we win vs Buffalo and thus make playoffs)

Popps
10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd say losing every running back in 2008 was worse, mostly because that single-handedly caused us to lose Shanny (my premise -with a healthy Hillis we win vs Buffalo and thus make playoffs)

I agree. Hillis stays healthy, and Shanahan is probably still the coach... for better or worse.

It was a bad injury year. Not sure if it was worse, though. In reality, the past 3-4 years have been bad.

You really do need some luck to be a winning team. Look our late 90s teams. We were all-healthy, all the time. The lack of serious injuries during that run can't be understated. But, we also had some nice depth, too. What a time that was.

Chris
10-26-2010, 01:56 PM
If anything I think we should fire the Greek.

baja
10-26-2010, 01:58 PM
Damn I better go and start my "I got a feeling" thread.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 02:00 PM
I agree. Hillis stays healthy, and Shanahan is probably still the coach... for better or worse.

It was a bad injury year. Not sure if it was worse, though. In reality, the past 3-4 years have been bad.

You really do need some luck to be a winning team. Look our late 90s teams. We were all-healthy, all the time. The lack of serious injuries during that run can't be understated. But, we also had some nice depth, too. What a time that was.

I've been telling Rascal since 2005 that Bowlen obviously made a deal with the devil, we got 2 superbowls out of the deal but the devil's price to pay was injury riddled seasons year after year after year after year

NFLBRONCO
10-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Cool we can hold SF under 30 pts now. J/K

Ray Finkle
10-26-2010, 02:01 PM

I missed the Shack posts....keep them coming.

baja
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
I've been telling Rascal since 2005 that Bowlen obviously made a deal with the devil, we got 2 superbowls out of the deal but the devil's price to pay was injury riddled seasons year after year after year after year

and how long has the Greek & Tulan (sp) been here?

MABroncoFan
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM

Did Royal and Vickerson aggravate their injuries Sunday, or are they just getting a day to rest?

Hopefully everyone else will be back after the bye. Maybe not Ayers ... it'll be 5 weeks when we play KC at home, and he was said to be out 6.

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 02:05 PM
Did Royal and Vickerson aggravate their injuries Sunday, or are they just getting a day to rest?

Hopefully everyone else will be back after the bye. Maybe not Ayers ... it'll be 5 weeks when we play KC at home, and he was said to be out 6.

i dont think vickerson expected to play, same with ayers and mcbath and woodyard.

royal should be fine.

MABroncoFan
10-26-2010, 02:14 PM
i dont think vickerson expected to play, same with ayers and mcbath and woodyard.

royal should be fine.

That explains the addition of L. Smith to the DL.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 02:19 PM
and how long has the Greek & Tulan (sp) been here?

I'm not sure, since Shanny started I think....I still haven't figured out if Greek has anything to do with our high injury rate, or just plain dumb luck.

It's all been downhill since SOB through that pick and TD got his knee wrecked by Lepsis

Drek
10-26-2010, 02:57 PM
08 was pretty close. But yeah, I agree.
We didn't lose a single player in '08 who could even dream about some day being half the player Doom is and we lost him before we even played a single pre-season game.

Our RBs missed all of camp, we lost our short yardage guy for the season before we got out of pre-season, and our feature back has missed as many games as he's played to date this year. Oh, and we basically had to cut bait on Brown because he couldn't stay healthy and we needed to at least make an attempt at a healthy 45-man active roster. Don't count the RB attrition rate out just yet.

Meanwhile on offense we've seen our star LT get a serious pre-season injury that obviously still has him hobbled, our #2 lineman (Kuper) missed almost the entire pre-season and the first game of this year. Since that he also has not looked 100% like his old self. Ryan Harris is, well, Ryan Harris if you ignore any year but 2008.

We also have continually seen our 1st overall pick this year look like a real play maker on offense, when he's healthy. Which has been week to week all season long.

What starting fullback? You mean this offense isn't designed to work with nothing but an H-back? I knew there was a reason that Larsen guy was still around.

On defense after losing our star pass rusher we thought we had hope with the young second year guy Ayers start to step up to the challenge. Then we lost him for what should be almost the entire rest of the season.

We lost our #2 corner several weeks ago, forcing us to play a rookie, and he only just now seems like he might come back (who knows at what level of competency).

Our stud veteran safety (Dawkins) the real X factor from a leadership standpoint on the D, has already missed more time for us than all but two other seasons in his 15 year career. His backup? Hasn't been consistently healthy all year. How about the guy who all last year was the #4 safety behind the starters and McBath? Oh yeah, a pre-season injury put him on IR (with the Pats though, because we had so few camp bodies we needed to try sneaking someone through waivers).

The FO actually made an immediate impact waiver wire acquisition on the DL in week 1, but who now has gotten hurt and is missing time himself now (Vickerson).

Our backup ILB/core special teamer, Wesley Woodyard? Inactive for over half the team's games already to this point.

And this isn't even going into all the other guys who we've seen limp themselves off the field (Champ and Royal most notably) to still lace 'em up and play next week at who knows what level of health.

We're going into week 8 and this team has seen more missed time by key role players than the 2008 squad saw in all 16.

crush17
10-26-2010, 03:00 PM
I almost just threw up.
That is a sickening perspective on our injury situation.

pink_feet
10-26-2010, 03:10 PM
Coincidence? I think not-

Dude, who is that in your avatar?

:gimme: :gimme:

Popps
10-26-2010, 04:49 PM
We didn't lose a single player in '08 who could even dream about some day being half the player Doom is and we lost him before we even played a single pre-season game.

Our RBs missed all of camp, we lost our short yardage guy for the season before we got out of pre-season, and our feature back has missed as many games as he's played to date this year. Oh, and we basically had to cut bait on Brown because he couldn't stay healthy and we needed to at least make an attempt at a healthy 45-man active roster. Don't count the RB attrition rate out just yet.

Meanwhile on offense we've seen our star LT get a serious pre-season injury that obviously still has him hobbled, our #2 lineman (Kuper) missed almost the entire pre-season and the first game of this year. Since that he also has not looked 100% like his old self. Ryan Harris is, well, Ryan Harris if you ignore any year but 2008.

We also have continually seen our 1st overall pick this year look like a real play maker on offense, when he's healthy. Which has been week to week all season long.

What starting fullback? You mean this offense isn't designed to work with nothing but an H-back? I knew there was a reason that Larsen guy was still around.

On defense after losing our star pass rusher we thought we had hope with the young second year guy Ayers start to step up to the challenge. Then we lost him for what should be almost the entire rest of the season.

We lost our #2 corner several weeks ago, forcing us to play a rookie, and he only just now seems like he might come back (who knows at what level of competency).

Our stud veteran safety (Dawkins) the real X factor from a leadership standpoint on the D, has already missed more time for us than all but two other seasons in his 15 year career. His backup? Hasn't been consistently healthy all year. How about the guy who all last year was the #4 safety behind the starters and McBath? Oh yeah, a pre-season injury put him on IR (with the Pats though, because we had so few camp bodies we needed to try sneaking someone through waivers).

The FO actually made an immediate impact waiver wire acquisition on the DL in week 1, but who now has gotten hurt and is missing time himself now (Vickerson).

Our backup ILB/core special teamer, Wesley Woodyard? Inactive for over half the team's games already to this point.

And this isn't even going into all the other guys who we've seen limp themselves off the field (Champ and Royal most notably) to still lace 'em up and play next week at who knows what level of health.

We're going into week 8 and this team has seen more missed time by key role players than the 2008 squad saw in all 16.

Yea, now that you break it down... this is much worse. It's also a good point that the QUALITY of players getting hurt now is much worse than in 08. Most of those slobs were out of the NFL by the next season.

It's funny that when people offer "analysis" of McDaniels' staff... they don't consider any of this.

Guarantee you Bowlen will, which is will McDaniels will be back for at least one more season, baring complete and total disasters like Sunday on a repeated basis.

McDman
10-26-2010, 05:02 PM
We desperately need Goodman back.

BTW, how's Cox doing?

_Oro_
10-26-2010, 05:04 PM
We desperately need Goodman back.

BTW, how's Cox doing?

Cox is good... just a little rug burn that's all.

McDman
10-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Cox is good... just a little rug burn that's all.

Damn man, that's rough. Throw a little Vaseline on that sucker and I'm sure he'll perk up.

Chris
10-26-2010, 05:20 PM
I think it's hard to really evaluate much of anything when your team is so banged up.

Ray Finkle
10-26-2010, 05:20 PM
doesn't remember the game...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5730750

Popps
10-26-2010, 05:23 PM

I wish I could say the same.

Kidding aside, that's very rough to read. I hope the kid's O.K... and they really shouldn't mess with playing him this week, imo. It's a game. That kid has the rest of his life in front of him.

_Oro_
10-26-2010, 05:40 PM

Wow that's awful.

mkporter
10-26-2010, 05:45 PM

I agree with you that with Hillis, we take the Division. But you have to remember that we needed the first four or so running backs to go down before Hillis even got the opportunity. I'm not sure we do much better with any of the backs that got a shot before Hillis: Andre hall, Selvin Young, Pittman, or Torain. Maybe Torain.

mkporter
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Except for last year when we were the least injured team in the league.