PDA

View Full Version : Clady Question

Quoydogs
10-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I posted this in another thread but got no response so I will try it here.

I know Tebow will be on the pine this year but I have a pretty good Idea that he will be starting for us next year.

What I want to know is what do we do with Clady at that point.

Do we move him to RT ?

Do we keep him at LT ? That is a huge amount of money to pay a left tackle when the RT is you BS tackle.

Do we trade him for a few #1 draft picks. Although how do you trade a guy like Clady.

Just curious on what you guys would do.

Br0nc0Buster
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
keep him at LT

Ray Finkle
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
doesn't matter if the QB is left or right handed. Teams still put the better Pass Rushing DE on the left side. They do not flip the DE for the most part.

bronco militia
10-26-2010, 11:46 AM
speaking of, Clady has been pretty bad this year.

broncosteven
10-26-2010, 11:49 AM

He has been pretty hurt this year and has had to deal with rookies and career BU's sticking up the line.

Flex Gunmetal
10-26-2010, 11:50 AM
He has been pretty hurt this year and has had to deal with rookies and career BU's sticking up the line.

You are mad.

PRBronco
10-26-2010, 11:57 AM

I know Tebow will be on the pine this year but I have a pretty good Idea that he will be starting for us next year.

Do we move him to RT ?

Do we keep him at LT ? That is a huge amount of money to pay a left tackle when the RT is you BS tackle.

Do we trade him for a few #1 draft picks. Although how do you trade a guy like Clady.

Wtf man. The only thing you do with Clady is lock him out of the ****ing basketball court.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 11:58 AM
He needs the dreds again, he's like Samson after he got his haircut

supermanhr9
10-26-2010, 02:25 PM
yeah for sure, he needs the dreads.

RhymesayersDU
10-26-2010, 07:56 PM
I too was wondering if there'd be issues with the QB's blindside potentially being on the right side if/when Tebow starts.

Considering the Clady jersey I bought over the summer, I'd like him to stick around.

KS Bronco
10-26-2010, 08:19 PM
didnt orton sign a decent extension? who says tebow takes over next year? orton's had a couple avg weeks, still a top passer this year. i think we need to 86 the tebow plays and let orton stay in his groove. putting tebow in for a one yard gain and giving orton the ball on 2nd and 9 is like giving your pitcher a 2-0 count

Jay3
10-26-2010, 09:11 PM
Keep it the same. Just like the Eagles do when Vick comes in. Or like the Niners did when Steve Young came in.

As posted above, the "Blind Side" trend refers to the tendency for teams to have a beast pass rusher (in the L.T. mold), and they line him up on the LT side, because that's the blind side of most teams (righty QB's).

If anything, being a lefty can be an advantage in that regard. It's a coin toss who it helps.

Broncobiv
10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
didnt orton sign a decent extension? who says tebow takes over next year? orton's had a couple avg weeks, still a top passer this year. i think we need to 86 the tebow plays and let orton stay in his groove. putting tebow in for a one yard gain and giving orton the ball on 2nd and 9 is like giving your pitcher a 2-0 count
Orton signed a one-year extension. He is signed through 2011.

I think the original question is valid. Assuming you remove the "Tebow starts next year" part (because who knows?), the question remains, "When Tebow becomes the starter, what do you do with Clady?"

Oh, also remove the "trade him" part, because that's absolutely f'n retarded.

But still...what do you do with your stud LT, the best lineman on the team, when you start a new left-handed QB? I think it's a valid question. Do you A) just leave him where he is, or B) switch him to RT? I don't have an answer...I'm just cleaning up some of the mess in here.

Please continue.

Jay3
10-26-2010, 09:15 PM
What do you do? That is indeed the question.

The question remains, what do you do?

If only there were any answers. But the universe gazes back at us, silent.

Broncobiv
10-26-2010, 10:09 PM

So what you're saying...the universe is the reason that we have Internet message boards?

baja
10-26-2010, 10:49 PM

There is no thing gazing back.

barryr
10-27-2010, 06:30 AM
I don't see anything that says Tebow starts next year over Orton. Orton has not played terribly and the QB play is the least of this team's problems. Finding interior OL that can run block and front seven defenders that can make plays are the major problems.

Quoydogs
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM
Orton signed a one-year extension. He is signed through 2011.

I think the original question is valid. Assuming you remove the "Tebow starts next year" part (because who knows?), the question remains, "When Tebow becomes the starter, what do you do with Clady?"

Oh, also remove the "trade him" part, because that's absolutely f'n retarded.

But still...what do you do with your stud LT, the best lineman on the team, when you start a new left-handed QB? I think it's a valid question. Do you A) just leave him where he is, or B) switch him to RT? I don't have an answer...I'm just cleaning up some of the mess in here.

Please continue.

I understand that the trade part is f'n retarded but trading away one of the best WR's in the league, the defensive coach that brought your D from 31st to 7th in one year with barley any personnel change, a full back that can play RB,WR and block, that is also kicking ass right now is also pretty f'n retarded also.

You just don't know what Josh might do. That is why I put tit there.

Rock Chalk
10-27-2010, 01:19 PM

Speaking of, Clady really wasn't as good as he was touted.

In his "awesome" rookie season, he allowed more QB pressures than any other tackle in the league - according to that new stat site profootballfocus.com or whatever. (I found this just perusing the site the other day http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/08/10/rating-the-madden-ratings-the-20-worst/ - This article is about the NFL Madden Top 20 worst ratings)

6. Ryan Clady, T, Denver (98). This rating makes him the highest-ranked tackle in the game; PFF had him 16th in 2009 and 38th in 2008. Clady allowed a league-high 37 pressures in 2008. That he didn’t allow a sack is a bit of a miracle that speaks directly to Jay Cutler‘s abilities in that area — Bears tackle Orlando Pace only allowed one sack of Cutler despite playing like a matador in 2009. Clady gave up eight sacks with the less tricky Kyle Orton back there in 2009, and it’s safe to say he’s not elite.

BroncoMan4ever
10-27-2010, 01:20 PM

Do we move him to RT ?

regardless of a QB's throwing arm, defenses typically line up their top pass rusher over the LT. so even though he would no longer be guarding the QB blindside his position is still of huge importance. Our best linemen still takes on the most dangerous pass rusher of the opposition.

oubronco
10-27-2010, 01:46 PM
What makes everybody so sure Tebow is going to start next year?

What evidence do you have that he can even be a starter in the NFL?

BroncoMan4ever
10-27-2010, 03:00 PM
What makes everybody so sure Tebow is going to start next year?

What evidence do you have that he can even be a starter in the NFL?

my only reason to think Tebow starts next season is, money and McD may be worried about job security. might think he can hang on to the job if he starts a rookie. Also, Kyle may be a huge trade piece next offseason that can land us some quality D help

~Crash~
10-27-2010, 05:09 PM

nope Our Oline Coach has had a horrific year !!!!!!!!!!!!! Clady is just in for the ride .

~Crash~
10-27-2010, 05:10 PM
He needs the dreds again, he's like Samson after he got his haircut

nope he needs a real Oline Coach ! TE coach is what we got and it ****ing shows .:sunshine:

~Crash~
10-27-2010, 05:12 PM
oh and to answer the Question McDaniel's has already answered the Question Clady will still be at LT when and if Tebow is in the line up .

Drek
10-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Speaking of, Clady really wasn't as good as he was touted.

In his "awesome" rookie season, he allowed more QB pressures than any other tackle in the league - according to that new stat site profootballfocus.com or whatever. (I found this just perusing the site the other day http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/08/10/rating-the-madden-ratings-the-20-worst/ - This article is about the NFL Madden Top 20 worst ratings)

And this is why analysis like this is a joke.

As soon as Cutler went to Chicago he started getting hit like a ****ing piniata. But these guys deemed something a "pressure" off of what they DVR'ed so obviously Clady was being picked up by Cutler.

Meanwhile all the players and coaches in the league voted Clady to the 1st team pro-bowl and analysts who actually played/coached/managed in the NFL and have access to the coaches tape say he's probably the best young OT in the NFL when healthy.

Their numbers don't pass the eyeball test. In baseball sabrmetrics that means you rework your analysis to see if you ****ed something up. Instead these guys just throw it up.

Jay3
10-27-2010, 07:01 PM
oh and to answer the Question McDaniel's has already answered the Question Clady will still be at LT when and if Tebow is in the line up .

And yet, the question remains, longing for an answer . . . .

driver
10-27-2010, 07:52 PM

I've got another word that fits my thoughts about this mess better.:approve:

Bob's your Information Minister
10-27-2010, 08:06 PM
doesn't matter if the QB is left or right handed. Teams still put the better Pass Rushing DE on the left side. They do not flip the DE for the most part.

The Chiefs move Hali all around.

boltaneer
10-28-2010, 12:08 AM
A lot of teams will move their best pass rusher around.

You don't move your LT to RT for a left handed QB though.

While there's nothing wrong with having a "franchise" LT with a left handed quarterback, it sure is a strange way to build your offense.

Rock Chalk
10-28-2010, 05:05 AM

As soon as Cutler went to Chicago he started getting hit like a ****ing piniata. But these guys deemed something a "pressure" off of what they DVR'ed so obviously Clady was being picked up by Cutler.

Meanwhile all the players and coaches in the league voted Clady to the 1st team pro-bowl and analysts who actually played/coached/managed in the NFL and have access to the coaches tape say he's probably the best young OT in the NFL when healthy.

Their numbers don't pass the eyeball test. In baseball sabrmetrics that means you rework your analysis to see if you ****ed something up. Instead these guys just throw it up.

Id agree but they also went on to mention that Pace allowed only 1 sack on Cutler despite playing like a Matador last year.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-28-2010, 05:10 AM
I understand that the trade part is f'n retarded but trading away one of the best WR's in the league, the defensive coach that brought your D from 31st to 7th in one year with barley any personnel change, a full back that can play RB,WR and block, that is also kicking ass right now is also pretty f'n retarded also.

You just don't know what Josh might do. That is why I put tit there.

Oh good. More digging up bones.

Trading away a receiver who demanded a trade. Does that not exist in your parallel universe?

The defensive coach left. of his own accord. He wasn't fired. Details. HURRR DA HURRRR HURRRRRRRRRRR.

That Fullback never met a block he could make. Please stop making Hillis out to be Superman. He's not superman, he was a terrible fullback, and he's not a wide receiver. Kindly take his cock out of your mouth.

You certainly did put tit there.

The MVPlaya
10-28-2010, 06:51 AM

So that excuse works for Clady...

rbackfactory80
10-28-2010, 08:09 AM
Send Clady to the Pats for a 7 in the 2015 draft.

~Crash~
10-28-2010, 10:01 AM

or that Clady was the best Run blocking LT in the League that year Rock dip **** is trying like hell to belittle anything that puts the regime in a bad light !

~Crash~
10-28-2010, 10:07 AM
So that excuse works for Clady...

lets trade him !Ha! I know let trade everyoe on the Oline !Ha!

Do any of you ****ers get what makes a great Olineman ? Food for thought each time this Coach has tinkered with the Oline it has gotten worse. Every time !!!!!!!!!!

bendog
10-28-2010, 10:24 AM
he needs to stop tinkering and blow the damn thing up~!

Quoydogs
10-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh good. More digging up bones.

Trading away a receiver who demanded a trade. Does that not exist in your parallel universe?

The defensive coach left. of his own accord. He wasn't fired. Details. HURRR DA HURRRR HURRRRRRRRRRR.

That Fullback never met a block he could make. Please stop making Hillis out to be Superman. He's not superman, he was a terrible fullback, and he's not a wide receiver. Kindly take his cock out of your mouth.

You certainly did put tit there.

Who cares what he demanded. This happens all the time. I believe he said he wanted to play here also. As Josh has proven in the past, if a player wants out he gets it and you just can't do that in today's league, or you won't have any good players left.

Hillis is horrible in practice but great on the field. Besides who cares what he is like as a full back. I would want him as a running back. If he is so horrible then why does he have 460 rushing yards, 193 receiving yards, 5 rushing TD's and one receiving TD ? Yep that sure looks like a big old pile of suck to me. Even better he was there second string for the first 3 games. Now take that cock out of your mouth and look at the facts.

On the Nolan statement, If Josh would not have tried to take control of his D then he probably would not have been so pissed that he did not want to stay here.