PDA

View Full Version : When Tebow eventually starts....

bronco militia
10-26-2010, 08:16 AM
how soon before we hear the Urban Meyer rumors?

Ha!

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 08:19 AM
My word that would be awful...

missingnumber7
10-26-2010, 08:27 AM
The correct ending to the thread title is, the season will be officially over.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I'm holding out for Cowher or Gruden myself

UberBroncoMan
10-26-2010, 08:39 AM

Not sure I want Gruden. He won a Super Bowl with Dungy's defense and by knowing the Raiders by heart. Outside of that the Buc's did nothing. He did a good turnaround in Oakland, but that was a long time ago.

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 08:49 AM

Gruden. He is the logical choice.

I still say McDaniels gets 3 full seasons to implement his vision/ruin the team no matter what.

lostknight
10-26-2010, 08:52 AM
Urban Meyer was my choice going in last time. Given the commercial appeal of Tebow, the Broncos may decide to focus on grooming him with a complementary head coach. I think it has a lot to do with
a) How Pete Carrol does in Seattle.
b) How badly we do the rest of the (far easier) season.
c) if Cowher or Marty are available, and how much money they want - versus how much Bowlen has.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 08:55 AM
Gruden. He is the logical choice.

I still say McDaniels gets 3 full seasons to implement his vision/ruin the team no matter what.

I'm pretty sure McDouche will get 3 full seasons, UNLESS epic beatdowns keep occurring and the team quits on him. Bowlen doesn't want to pay a crap load of money to 2 coaches.

If we go 6-10, he'll get another season for sure, but we have a losing record NEXT year, he's done

Taco John
10-26-2010, 09:00 AM

Not me. I don't want Cowher for sure. I don't want anyone with an already established legacy with another franchise.

I like the idea of Cowher. I actually do like the idea of Urban Meyer, I'll admit. I love the idea of Kubiak. I'm intrigued by the idea of Mike Heimerdinger, who I think has shown plenty of competence.

Taco John
10-26-2010, 09:01 AM
I do like Gruden too. There's a coach that we know will prepare the team to play division rivals.

Popps
10-26-2010, 09:03 AM
What about Shanahan's kid. :)

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Not me. I don't want Cowher for sure. I don't want anyone with an already established legacy with another franchise.

I like the idea of Cowher. I actually do like the idea of Urban Meyer, I'll admit. I love the idea of Kubiak. I'm intrigued by the idea of Mike Heimerdinger, who I think has shown plenty of competence.

Kubiak is succeeding pretty well in Houston, so I don't see that happening, but I would LOVE that option.

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
What about Shanahan's kid. :)

Ugh. No legacies.

Kubiak is an intriguing choice, but I really like the idea of Gruden finally getting the chance to stay in one place and establish his own legacy.

McDaniels gets 3 years no matter what in my opinion... the Broncos don't want to become known as a franchise that prematurely pulls the eject lever on coaching staffs

lostknight
10-26-2010, 09:10 AM
The problem with Kubes, Dennison(who is a decent option) Kyle Shanahan and other former Broncos coaches is that we don't have the personal any more to run their system without some rejiggering. Kyle is a system quarterback and Tebow is a spread quarterback, but outside of New England, Kansas City and here, no one really runs spread.

HAT
10-26-2010, 09:16 AM
Kubiak is succeeding pretty well in Houston, so I don't see that happening, but I would LOVE that option.

Yeah....He's really racking up those playoff appearances. ROFL!

If it's Kubiak you want...He WILL be available in 2012.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah....He's really racking up those playoff appearances. ROFL!

If it's Kubiak you want...He WILL be available in 2012.

He basically inherited a loser, he's turning it around and so far is looking pretty good the past couple of years

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 09:22 AM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2551/tebowisrisen.jpg

HAT
10-26-2010, 09:33 AM
He basically inherited a loser, he's turning it around and so far is looking pretty good the past couple of years

As is usually the case with coaching changes.

I like Kub's and wish him well but you McD haters crack me up. Kub's is "looking pretty good the past couple of years" because he was allowed to stick around and build his team.

He was 14-18 in his first 2 years. A record McD will at least match.

Shanahan was 8-12 in his first 20 games before being fired by the Raiders. A record McD exceeded.

Even today....Kub's sits squarely at 34-33 halfway into his FIFTH season.

But yeah, okay....Fire Mcdoodoopants and hire Kubiak, another .500 coach.

(Who would have to do a TOTAL rebuild b/c he wouldn't have the pieces needed for his preferred style of play as LK pointed out)

UboBronco
10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
No way Josh is gone this year or next. If there is a strike/holdout/work stoppage, the coaches will still get paid.. No way Bowlen pays Josh on his deal and another "new" coach for a year with no play.

Let us just hope Josh can learn from this past game and meet the expectations he and the front office both have.

baja
10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
What about Josh McDaniels, lets give him at least 2 full seasons and more likely 3. He is better than all the candidates I see mentioned here.

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 09:38 AM

I like Kub's and wish him well but you McD haters crack me up. Kub's is "looking pretty good the past couple of years" because he was allowed to stick around and build his team.

Shanahan was 8-12 in his first 20 games before being fired by the Raiders. A record McD exceeded.

(Who would have to do a TOTAL rebuild b/c he wouldn't have the pieces needed for his preferred style of play as LK pointed out)

Now take the teams that they inherited and compare.

McDaniels inherited an 8-8 team and has made it worse.

Kubiak took over a 2-14 team with no talent whatsoever.

Once again, when context comes into play, McDaniels looks much worse.

bendog
10-26-2010, 09:40 AM
No way Josh is gone this year or next. If there is a strike/holdout/work stoppage, the coaches will still get paid.. No way Bowlen pays Josh on his deal and another "new" coach for a year with no play.

Let us just hope Josh can learn from this past game and meet the expectations he and the front office both have.

Are you spamming? lol

McDman
10-26-2010, 09:40 AM

Don't you dare bring logic into this conversation! If the new coach doesn't bring glory to the franchise immediately he must be excommunicated!

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 09:44 AM

re-quoted for what I was going to say, no reason to add to this.

HAT
10-26-2010, 09:46 AM

Indeed.

Houston won 14 games in the 3 years prior to his hiring and indeed improved them to 22 wins over the next 3. The point of my post wasn't to discredit or disparage Kubiak in anyway.

It was more to show how GD fickle some of the fire McD instantly crowd is. You know perfectly well that 95% of those same personalities would be calling for Kubiaks head on the mane if he were-34-33 with no playoff appearances 5 years into his tenure here in 2017 or whatever.

We are polar opposites on most issues around here 'beef but at least you see that going all chicken little in regards to coaching changes is a path this team doesn't need.

HAT
10-26-2010, 09:52 AM
re-quoted for what I was going to say, no reason to add to this.

Except for the part that he hasn't "made it worse". He inherited an 8-8 team and produced an 8-8 team.

No great accomplishment yet to be sure but certainly not worth calling for his head like some of you nancies are doing.

baja
10-26-2010, 09:55 AM
I wanted Red Miller fired and he was

I wanted Reeves fired and he was.

I wanted Philips fired and he was

I do not want McDaniels fired

BroncoSojia
10-26-2010, 09:56 AM

Did McD inherit a 2-14 team with little to no talent at all?

Edit: just saw someone bring this up already

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Except for the part that he hasn't "made it worse". He inherited an 8-8 team and produced an 8-8 team.

No great accomplishment yet to be sure but certainly not worth calling for his head like some of you nancies are doing.

you have noticed the team since the 6-0 start right? We appear to be regressing, not getting better.

I don't agree with your assessment of the "nancies", it's just like when you are in a hole, you don't keep digging, you stop digging and get a better foreman.

Josh might end up being a good coach, but I don't think he has the time to learn the correct way to run a team, we are his internship unfortunately for us.

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 09:58 AM
if you truly believe kubiak is doing a good job as head coach, with ZERO playoff appearances in his 5th season, while mcdaniels is the worst coach ever with a 10-13 record and not even done with his 2nd, you are just ****ing stupid. there is no other word to describe it.

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Did McD inherit a 2-14 team with little to no talent at all?

know who did? pete carroll, raheem morris, steve spagnuolo. they are already doing better than kubes and they are in seasons 1, 2 and 2. all inherited AWFUL teams.

Requiem
10-26-2010, 09:59 AM
The Heavens will roar when Tebow starts, the clouds will part, and we will be delivered.

bendog
10-26-2010, 10:07 AM
know who did? pete carroll, raheem morris, steve spagnuolo. they are already doing better than kubes and they are in seasons 1, 2 and 2. all inherited AWFUL teams.

this doesn't give me warm fuzzies over McDaniels, btw.

jmz313
10-26-2010, 10:07 AM
if you truly believe kubiak is doing a good job as head coach, with ZERO playoff appearances in his 5th season, while mcdaniels is the worst coach ever with a 10-13 record and not even done with his 2nd, you are just ****ing stupid. there is no other word to describe it.

But come on man.... Kubes has improved Houston every season in the toughest division in Football over that time span. Playoffs are coming.

The Broncos havent improved since 2005.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 10:08 AM

While insulting Kubes you kinda just threw Josh under the bus.

HAT
10-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Crap....."The McD has made this team worse" crowd really got me this time. I will eat my crow.

McD the young, idiot, arrogant, Patriot spooge drippping, fist pumping a-hole's record over his first 23 games with the Broncos? 10-13.

Shanny, the HOF, masterminding, do no wronger's record over his final 23 games with the Broncos? 11-12

10 wins is in fact worse than 11. Sorry guys.

I have now changed my opinion and hope McD gets fired NOW!

PS....I <3 Hillis.

Hogan11
10-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Neither of them would come to Denver for the HC job or even a GM/HC job.

Holding out for them is like holding out hope Elway makes a comeback.

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 10:10 AM
But come on man.... Kubes has improved Houston every season in the toughest division in Football over that time span. Playoffs are coming.

i dont deny that at all, they have gotten better, but what results are they getting out of that? a BETTER 9-7 record than last year? mcdaniels hasnt been the coach since 05 hes been coach since 09, why should he be held accountable for when he wasnt here?

Hogan11
10-26-2010, 10:13 AM
I wonder if Tebow is named the starter, how long the grace period/honeymoon will be before he takes some heat if he doesn't produce?

Would it be immediate or does he get the teflon "it's not his fault" treatment?

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 10:14 AM
While insulting Kubes you kinda just threw Josh under the bus.

i like josh and i think most people here know that, but it is a fact that none of us can deny: he needs to win more games than he is. to cry about how bad he is doing and is destroying the team midway through his 2nd team is so naive at best. raheem and spags are doing a damn good job with their teams.

Chris
10-26-2010, 10:15 AM
http://www.tvclassic.net/programs/growing/growing_logo.jpg

Beantown Bronco
10-26-2010, 10:15 AM

It's pretty tough to improve on a conference championship appearance.....

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Indeed.

Houston won 14 games in the 3 years prior to his hiring and indeed improved them to 22 wins over the next 3. The point of my post wasn't to discredit or disparage Kubiak in anyway.

It was more to show how GD fickle some of the fire McD instantly crowd is. You know perfectly well that 95% of those same personalities would be calling for Kubiaks head on the mane if he were-34-33 with no playoff appearances 5 years into his tenure here in 2017 or whatever.

We are polar opposites on most issues around here 'beef but at least you see that going all chicken little in regards to coaching changes is a path this team doesn't need.

I agree, you cant make a decision based on one big win or one monster blowout.

I don't like McDaniels which I have been consistent on, but on the other hand I don't think he should be fired. He needs 3 years minimum to fully implement his plan, and no matter what happens this year short of trading Tebow, Royal, Clady, and Moreno, he deserves another year. Maybe he proves me wrong and goes 11-5 next year and we all enjoy crow parmesan together.

People who think I am trolling are mistaken- I am just calling it like I see it. It is what it is. I haven't liked his heavy handed approach, but if he was able to be successful, I would have been the first in line to admit I was wrong about him, but this simply hasn't happened.

I have fun with the fan police on this site, but beyond that I take zero pleasure in saying that this situation completely sucks.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I wonder if Tebow is named the starter, how long the grace period/honeymoon will be before he takes some heat if he doesn't produce?

Would it be immediate or does he get the teflon "it's not his fault" treatment?

If Tebow was named started today, it would surprise me if Josh lost the team. Orton is hugely popular in that locker room.

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
If Tebow was named started today, it would surprise me if Josh lost the team. Orton is hugely popular in that locker room.

I think starting Tebow would be the single worst thing McDaniels could do right now.

I say stick with Orton, he isn't the solution nor the problem currently. If somebody came knocking with decent picks offered for Orton I might change my mind, otherwise focus on fixing the run game.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I think starting Tebow would be the single worst thing McDaniels could do right now.

I say stick with Orton, he isn't the solution nor the problem currently. If somebody came knocking with decent picks offered for Orton I might change my mind, otherwise focus on fixing the run game.

Trade deadline has passed no?

Hogan11
10-26-2010, 10:30 AM

Orton is the least of this team's worries.

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 10:33 AM
Trade deadline has passed no?

you're correct, it went by so quietly I completely missed it. Thought it was after week 8 for some reason.

jmz313
10-26-2010, 11:15 AM
It's pretty tough to improve on a conference championship appearance.....

They coulda at least made it back to playoffs. Just noting that the team was never as good AFTER kubiak left.

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 11:17 AM
They coulda at least made it back to playoffs. Just noting that the team was never as good AFTER kubiak left.

I think that losing Al Wilson and the Darrent Williams murder had more to do with the decline of the defense and team overall than losing Kubiak did.

jmz313
10-26-2010, 11:18 AM
i dont deny that at all, they have gotten better, but what results are they getting out of that? a BETTER 9-7 record than last year? mcdaniels hasnt been the coach since 05 hes been coach since 09, why should he be held accountable for when he wasnt here?

I was trying to push that the Broncos have been worse since Kubiak left. The Texans will be in the Playoffs for the next few years to come. Change is in progress in the AFCS. Houston is 3-0 against their division.

baja
10-26-2010, 11:19 AM
I agree, you cant make a decision based on one big win or one monster blowout.

I don't like McDaniels which I have been consistent on, but on the other hand I don't think he should be fired. He needs 3 years minimum to fully implement his plan, and no matter what happens this year short of trading Tebow, Royal, Clady, and Moreno, he deserves another year. Maybe he proves me wrong and goes 11-5 next year and we all enjoy crow parmesan together.

People who think I am trolling are mistaken- I am just calling it like I see it. It is what it is. I haven't liked his heavy handed approach, but if he was able to be successful, I would have been the first in line to admit I was wrong about him, but this simply hasn't happened.

I have fun with the fan police on this site, but beyond that I take zero pleasure in saying that this situation completely sucks.

Very level headed post.

The world is turned upside down. "Where's the beef" authors this and Kaylore is calling for Tebow to start.

jmz313
10-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I think that losing Al Wilson and the Darrent Williams murder had more to do with the decline of the defense and team overall than losing Kubiak did.

Come on, Heimerdinger's Offense was nothing the team was built for. The O was garbage in 2006. the D was stellar for first 8 games. lead league in scoring D. then when D went, Culter came in, the team record went to crap.

And your a year early with Dwill and Al. both happened at end of 2006/07 season.

bronco militia
12-07-2010, 08:04 AM
how soon before we hear the Urban Meyer rumors?

Ha!

kick!

OH YEAH!

strafen
12-07-2010, 08:11 AM
I wanted Red Miller fired and he was

I wanted Reeves fired and he was.

I wanted Philips fired and he was

I do not want McDaniels fired, and he wasFixed it for you! LOL:strong::welcome:Ha!

bendog
12-07-2010, 08:24 AM
The Heavens will roar when Tebow starts, the clouds will part, and we will be delivered.

The Jews and Muslims will convert, and peace will break out all over.

bronco militia
12-07-2010, 09:28 AM
lol

bronco militia
12-08-2010, 11:44 AM
kick it on up again!

Rohirrim
12-08-2010, 11:47 AM
If we bring in a new coach who has no interest in running a spread or any kind of wildcat, where does Tebow fit in?

bronco_diesel
12-08-2010, 11:54 AM
If we bring in a new coach who has no interest in running a spread or any kind of wildcat, where does Tebow fit in?

He'll be evaluated for the position. If Tebow can play, does it really matter what style of offense is run? He is either an NFL QB or he isn't.

bendog
12-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I see a star rising on Dec 26th in the cold dark sky!!!!!!

1 In those days Roger Goodall issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Football world. 2 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.
4 So Bowlen also went up from the town of ****ING CANADA in Galilee to Judea, to Denver the town of the Broncos, because he belonged to the house and line of Denver. 5 He went there to register with Joe Ellis, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. Ellis wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were Bronco fans living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of Denver a Savior has been born to you; he is the Tebow. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

14 “Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the Bronco Fans said to one another, “Let’s go to Invesco that we built for Bowlen and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

16 So they hurried off and found Bowlen and Ellis, and the baby Tebow, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the Bronco fans said to them. 19 But Ellis treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The Bronco fans returned to buy millions of season tickets, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

BroncosMT
12-08-2010, 11:55 AM
He'll be evaluated for the position. If Tebow can play, does it really matter what style of offense is run? He is either an NFL QB or he isn't.

well said!

Rohirrim
12-08-2010, 12:04 PM

Just what I'm saying. Josh was immersed in Urban's ideas and was building a spread offense that I'm sure he envisioned Tebow taking over at some point. Can Tebow shift over to a pocket style QB if that's what the new coach wants? I'm not really taking a position. Just wondering.

bronco_diesel
12-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Just what I'm saying. Josh was immersed in Urban's ideas and was building a spread offense that I'm sure he envisioned Tebow taking over at some point. Can Tebow shift over to a pocket style QB if that's what the new coach wants? I'm not really taking a position. Just wondering.

I guess we will find out. It is something I am certainly watching. I also think the ultimate coaching hire will say a lot of TT's future.

bendog
12-08-2010, 12:20 PM

I don't really buy the whole "spread offense thing." If McD envisioned Tebow running off tackle, he's even stupidier than I give him credit for. Urban Meyer is adept at 4wr packages and forcing defenses into coverage by moving safties around. I've no doubt that McD borrowed some of that. But is that really much different than what Indy did with harrison, wayne, and the te and slot wr shanny ended up overpaying? I don't think it is in any really substantive way. Two ways of skinning cats. If Tebow can carry the ball up by his right ear and fit the ball into a window the size of a car door on time, he'll be ok.

bronclvr
12-08-2010, 12:23 PM

1 In those days Roger Goodall issued a decree that a census should be taken of the entire Football world. 2 3 And everyone went to their own town to register.
4 So Bowlen also went up from the town of ****ING CANADA in Galilee to Judea, to Denver the town of the Broncos, because he belonged to the house and line of Denver. 5 He went there to register with Joe Ellis, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child. 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. Ellis wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

8 And there were Bronco fans living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of Denver a Savior has been born to you; he is the Tebow. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the Bronco Fans said to one another, “Let’s go to Invesco that we built for Bowlen and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

16 So they hurried off and found Bowlen and Ellis, and the baby Tebow, who was lying in the manger. 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the Bronco fans said to them. 19 But Ellis treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. 20 The Bronco fans returned to buy millions of season tickets, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had heard and seen, which were just as they had been told.

I want some of whatever it is that you are drinking-

bronco militia
12-08-2010, 12:29 PM

sweet! I still have tickets to this game

jhns
12-08-2010, 12:32 PM

I would think that if he is NFL ready, a Shanahan west coast type offense would fit him perfectly as well. I think his skill set fits perfectly with the offense we ran with Plummer. There are multiple offenses out there that fit the mobile QB. The spread just seems to be for the QB that you don't want making many decisions post snap. With that said, no one here can really know if he would fit other offensive systems because there is no way to know how good he is at making multiple reads.