PDA

View Full Version : Just for perspective: Most point given up in the Super Bowl (Modern) Era - 62 points

bronco0608
10-25-2010, 10:47 PM
that's right. In modern football history (which is what, 55 some odd years?), we were one raider touchdown away from the most pathetic defensive performance in modern football history.

WOW

Goobzilla
10-25-2010, 10:49 PM
Considering Oakland called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter, it was even more pathetic.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-25-2010, 10:51 PM
Tougher and smarter.

bronco0608
10-25-2010, 10:52 PM
This team had to quit on Mcdaniels. This is not a common occurence. Just flat out "I don't give a ****" football. You would think this happens all the time - hell, the 0-16 Lions didn't have a performance like this.

I don't know what to think anymore.

WolfpackGuy
10-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Last two home divisional games: 44 (okay, 14 on Orton) and 59 points given up...

colonelbeef
10-25-2010, 11:31 PM
Tougher and smarter.

Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 11:37 PM
I figured it was close to a record, but I didn't want to do the research.

We'll see how they respond. It's up to them if they have pride. It's in their hands.

Broncosfreak_56
10-25-2010, 11:38 PM
But guess what? We didn't. Move on.

Los Broncos
10-25-2010, 11:41 PM
I thought they were going for 70 on us, it looked like they could have done it too.

extralife
10-26-2010, 12:07 AM
and remember, Campbell had a rushing TD that was called back and led to a field goal.

footstepsfrom#27
10-26-2010, 04:44 AM
I thought they were going for 70 on us, it looked like they could have done it too.
There's still time. We have more than half the season left to make history.

Gort
10-26-2010, 08:01 AM
This team had to quit on Mcdaniels. This is not a common occurence. Just flat out "I don't give a ****" football. You would think this happens all the time - hell, the 0-16 Lions didn't have a performance like this.

i don't think that's what guys in the NFL mean when they say "you quit". i think they mean that guys don't play at 100% and that they start worrying about not getting hurt, so they don't go with their full motor and they don't try to do anything exceptional, like a receiver laying out for a ball over the middle.

HILife
10-26-2010, 09:06 AM
........sigh. I wish this place would just move on and focus on the next game. We lost....BAD...TERRIBLE....HORRIBLE...Got it. Time to move on.

vancejohnson82
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM
........sigh. I wish this place would just move on and focus on the next game. We lost....BAD...TERRIBLE....HORRIBLE...Got it. Time to move on.

whats really sad is that I don't have an iota of faith that the team can get over it.

if they couldnt stop being butthurt about the Jets game, how they hell are they going to forget about this?

Rabb
10-26-2010, 09:09 AM

I don't disagree but that is a hard pill to swallow

sorry, losing to the Raiders sucks enough...doing it at home, helping them set franchise records and us being a laughing stock sorta' adds to the sting a little

it will be a while before I am over this one I am afraid

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 09:12 AM

Yes, but the 8 & 8 Titans did.

HILife
10-26-2010, 10:17 AM
whats really sad is that I don't have an iota of faith that the team can get over it.

if they couldnt stop being butthurt about the Jets game, how they hell are they going to forget about this?

Has that whole throwing the game talk been confirmed? I find it hard to believe that a professional would throw a game.

Rabb
10-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Has that whole throwing the game talk been confirmed? I find it hard to believe that a professional would throw a game.

I find it hard to believe that on our worst day of playing with full effort we lose 59-14 to Oakland at home

HILife
10-26-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't disagree but that is a hard pill to swallow

sorry, losing to the Raiders sucks enough...doing it at home, helping them set franchise records and us being a laughing stock sorta' adds to the sting a little

it will be a while before I am over this one I am afraid

It's not so much losing to the Raiders at home that bothered me. I personally think the Raiders are a decent team or at the very least better than last year. What bothered me was the epic ass whipping that was received. That was a major embarrassment and every one of the players and coaches should be ashamed.

With that said, by the time I woke up Monday morning, I was over it and ready to crush the 49ers.

59 - 14 Broncos win. You heard it here first.

HILife
10-26-2010, 10:29 AM
I find it hard to believe that on our worst day of playing with full effort we lose 59-14 to Oakland at home

Oh, no, I know they weren't playing with full effort. No team that played with full effort loses that badly. I think they played/prepared lazily and underestimated the team because they were the Raiders.

Rabb
10-26-2010, 10:31 AM
agreed man

Grumps
10-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes, but the 8 & 8 Titans did.

With the best rusher in the league and a decent defense. Do we have either of those let alone both?

mwill07
10-26-2010, 10:38 AM
that's right. In modern football history (which is what, 55 some odd years?), we were one raider touchdown away from the most pathetic defensive performance in modern football history.

WOW

Here is a complete list of all teams who have given up 59 or more points in a single game. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/tiny/gCLIu)

bendog
10-26-2010, 10:43 AM
well that took out the sting. (-:

Den was "outphysicaled." That kills me.