PDA

View Full Version : David Carr may go for 49ers this week

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
Smith or Carr?
4:03
PM ETAlex Smith | 49ers Top EmailShare San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith was injured in the third quarter of the team's loss to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, and was being examined in a hospital in London on Monday, according to Chris Lehourites of the Denver Post. The Niners will take on the Denver Broncos in Great Britain on Sunday, and the injury to Smith's non-throwing shoulder may prevent him from joining the festivities on the field.

"It's all right. Could be better," Smith said. "I'm still waiting to hear from the doctors."

Mike Singletary, whose own future as head coach of the team is in question this week, also didn't know if his team's franchise QB would be able to play. "I'm not a doctor, so we'll have to wait and see," Singletary said.

The Niners would likely go with backup David Carr if Smith was unable to play, although Troy Smith and Nate Davis are traveling with the squad. Sorry, British NFL fans.

- Tim Kavanagh

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#6732

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 01:35 PM
Lulz

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Why would the Niners even attempt at this point.

Shove Frank Gore down our throat and you can't go wrong

Popps
10-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Yea, this is also sort of a must-win game for their coach.

Not an easy game coming up. They never are.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 01:39 PM
memo to self: pick up David Carr for fantasy team.

cousinal11
10-25-2010, 01:41 PM

Done.

Pony Boy
10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Imagine the meltdown if David Carr beats us

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 02:01 PM
I feel sorry for London. Getting a David Carr-led Niners vs. a McDaniels-coached Broncos, with Singletary on the sidelines giving us the "what is happening here?" look....man is that going to be an ugly game.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM

I think it's going to be a meltdown no matter who is at QB, if we lose

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
I feel sorry for London. Getting a David Carr-led Niners vs. a McDaniels-coached Broncos, with Singletary on the sidelines giving us the "what is happening here?" look....man is that going to be an ugly game.

We lose -7 to -3 (a new formula for negative scoring is implemented to explain our collective suckitude).

Missouribronc
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM

Add in the swamp that is Wembley Stadium...

Dagmar
10-25-2010, 02:15 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/PsychoPriest27/34hgjsw.gif

Los Broncos
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
He's going to look like an all pro, start him in your leagues.

Hogan11
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM

If David Carr somehow rehabilitates himself against the Broncos defense.....sorry, I can't even begin to complete that thought.

Los Broncos
10-25-2010, 03:23 PM
If David Carr somehow rehabilitates himself against the Broncos defense.....sorry, I can't even begin to complete that thought.

It would make me cry.

McDman
10-25-2010, 03:42 PM
I'm pretty sure he'll look great. This has happened the last five years. Some scrub gets a start and we make him look amazing.

Ugly Duck
10-25-2010, 04:22 PM

Don't do it. Look, folks... I'm an expert on bad quarterbacks. The only reason Singletary lets a guy like Alex Smith take the snaps is because the guy behind him is even worse.

Broncoman13
10-25-2010, 04:32 PM
Well, I can pretty much gurantee we'll make David Carr look like Peyton Manning if he does start. We managed to make Jamarcus Russell look like Elway with a come from behind victory... we did hold Jason Campbell under a 158.3 perfect rating though...SCRUB! It will be ugly but we'll never have to worry about the NFL sending us to England again!

Dedhed
10-25-2010, 04:41 PM
I hate playing against "the wounded warrior', or a QB "with something to prove"

broncogary
10-25-2010, 06:09 PM

A friend of mine picked up the Denver D for his fantasy team yesterday. He got -2 points. First time we'd ever seen negative for a defense. Ha!

Popps
10-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Dawkins was suspected to be out 2-3 weeks.

Anyone hear anything of his status?

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 06:36 PM
Dawkins was suspected to be out 2-3 weeks.

Anyone hear anything of his status?

Dawkins might help in run support vs Gore but the guy we should hope comes back is Goodman is the guy who will help down field as just him suiting up should help keep Nate Jones off the field.

Los Broncos
10-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Don't do it. Look, folks... I'm an expert on bad quarterbacks. The only reason Singletary lets a guy like Alex Smith take the snaps is because the guy behind him is even worse.

I was being sarcastic but he will play well, watch out for Davis the TE.

I mean, without a pass rush any QB would tear us apart.

WolfpackGuy
10-25-2010, 10:12 PM
Survey says: pick up Carr for your fantasy team

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 10:13 PM
smith or carr?
pm etalex smith | 49ers top emailshare san francisco 49ers quarterback alex smith was injured in the third quarter of the team's loss to the carolina panthers on sunday, and was being examined in a hospital in london on monday, according to chris lehourites of the denver post. The niners will take on the denver broncos in great britain on sunday, and the injury to smith's non-throwing shoulder may prevent him from joining the festivities on the field.

"it's all right. Could be better," smith said. "i'm still waiting to hear from the doctors."

mike singletary, whose own future as head coach of the team is in question this week, also didn't know if his team's franchise qb would be able to play. "i'm not a doctor, so we'll have to wait and see," singletary said.

The niners would likely go with backup david carr if smith was unable to play, although troy smith and nate davis are traveling with the squad. Sorry, british nfl fans.

lol, all that douche bag has done is drag that team down for 5 years in a row.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2010, 10:29 PM

the ****tier the QB, the worst of a loss it will be for us.

colonelbeef
10-25-2010, 10:43 PM
carr will be the worst starting QB fielded next week.

A loss to the 49ers would be catastrophic to say the least

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 10:48 PM
carr will be the worst starting QB fielded next week.

A loss to the 49ers would be catastrophic to say the least

In our current situation, yea i'd agree. Having said that, this team is so much more talented than their record. Look what happens when they give the ball to Gore more than 14 times a game, he explodes. Their defense is solid, forces turnovers and gets sacks. If it weren't for their QB constantly turning it over, they would easily have 4 wins. Just look at last week, they have two minutes left with the game tied and decide to air it out time after time with Carr, until the inevitable happens and he throws a pick.

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 10:55 PM
Smith or Carr?
PM ETAlex Smith | 49ers Top EmailShare San Francisco 49ers quarterback Alex Smith was injured in the third quarter of the team's loss to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday, and was being examined in a hospital in London on Monday, according to Chris Lehourites of the Denver Post. The Niners will take on the Denver Broncos in Great Britain on Sunday, and the injury to Smith's non-throwing shoulder may prevent him from joining the festivities on the field.

"It's all right. Could be better," Smith said. "I'm still waiting to hear from the doctors."

Mike Singletary, whose own future as head coach of the team is in question this week, also didn't know if his team's franchise QB would be able to play. "I'm not a doctor, so we'll have to wait and see," Singletary said.

The Niners would likely go with backup David Carr if Smith was unable to play, although Troy Smith and Nate Davis are traveling with the squad. Sorry, British NFL fans.

- Tim Kavanagh

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#6732

Dude is in an NHS hospital being examined? OH NO! Socialized Meds, dude is so not playing. ;D

Just kidding, NHS has been very good to me over here.

As for you other assclowns getting all giddy about us not getting selected to go to England again after this, here's what I say to that, I hope that is not true. For the fans over here who never get to see their team, this is a great opportunity, despite the fact that ticketmaster sucks great big giant mozarella balls. As a Bronco fan, I am so excited these guys are coming, but even if they weren't I would go to a game because it is fun to watch live and it is such a great opportunity to see them here. Plus I think I am going to the love in at Trafalgar Square on Saturday and possibly the boat cruise with Elway and Floyd Little (and some other SF players, Jerry Rice I think).

I am genuinely miserable about the loss Sunday, but I am excited to see these guys open up the playbook here in London. I am hoping this game will set in motion a hunger in our guys never ever to be humiliated again like we were this Sunday. :egbgb: GO BRONCOS!:egbgb:

Bob's your Information Minister
10-25-2010, 10:57 PM
That'll be a nice confidence booster for him.

Popps
10-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Dawkins might help in run support vs Gore but the guy we should hope comes back is Goodman is the guy who will help down field as just him suiting up should help keep Nate Jones off the field.

Dawkins is as much a presence-thing as a skill thing. Agree on Goodman, as well. Neither can get back quickly enough.

baja
10-26-2010, 05:36 AM
I think the 49ers are a lot like the Raiders in the that they have some very athletic players with lots of talent and can put it all together any given week. Oakland looked like they were a super bowl team out there against us last week and the 49ers have the potential to have the same kind of game and the timing is ripe for them to do just that.