PDA

View Full Version : We are going to practice all week in Denver?

Lev Vyvanse
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Anyone think this is a good idea? What about jet lag? The 49ers are already in London.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Morning-After-Week-7/98eb490b-5a2d-477a-8efb-64b3e8c589d6
LONDON ITINERARY
The team's preparation for this Sunday's matchup with the 49ers will be a little different, seeing as the game will be held overseas.

"I think what we chose rather than going over (to London) and spending more time over there, we're going to move our week up," McDaniels said.

Tuesday, typically the players' day off, will be the first day of practice. Wednesday will be similar to a Thursday in terms of preparation, and Thursday will essentially be a Friday in the morning and a Saturday -- a travel day -- in the afternoon, when the team will fly to London.

"(We'll) try to get our bearings on Friday, have a walkthrough and then have a normal Saturday and then a game day on Sunday," the head coach explained. "We feel like we're going to get our three base days of practice in before we even get on the plane. So, the game plan will be installed, everything will be basically done at that point. Our players will feel more comfortable, I think, having (the game plan) in their hands (earlier). Then, when we get over there, we know what we have to do -- we have to get acclimated in a few days and then be ready to play the game on Sunday."

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-25-2010, 12:11 PM
This is not going to be good.

Taco John
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Everybody is going to second guess. Ultimately we'll see if it matters once we play the game. If it was me doing the scheduling, I'd have had them on a plane to London yesterday and practice there all week.

That would have been a looooooong plane ride after that loss though. I don't think that there is any right solution after a loss like that. Jet lag is a concern, but maybe the team has made plans to help that out.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
This is not going to be good.

Nope, I get that feeling also. I don't know why Josh seems to always force his way onto situations, but this feels like a mistake.

If anything it might have been a nice morale boost to get away from Denver, and relax just a touch.

I am going to do what a few posters mentioned, next Sunday being Halloween I am going to take my kids somewhere fun and hang out all day, take them trick or treating at night and forget about football.

The DVR can handle the game for me, but I am giving myself a 2 week bye I think.

Lev Vyvanse
10-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Everybody is going to second guess. Ultimately we'll see if it matters once we play the game. If it was me doing the scheduling, I'd have had them on a plane to London yesterday and practice there all week.

That would have been a looooooong plane ride after that loss though. I don't think that there is any right solution after a loss like that. Jet lag is a concern, but maybe the team has made plans to help that out.

Have any teams tried this in the past?

24champ
10-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Sounds like the same plan the Patriots had last year. They took a red-eye flight to London on a Friday morning.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 12:20 PM
If anything, a nice and uncomfortably quiet and long flight last night might have done them some good.

Rascal
10-25-2010, 12:30 PM
If I was bowlen I would cancel the chartered plane and make their ass fly coach.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 12:30 PM
If anything, a nice and uncomfortably quiet and long flight last night might have done them some good.

And a whole week in London.

jutang
10-25-2010, 12:31 PM
What they should is replay the entire damn Oakland game for their in flight entertainment and replay clips of the clowns laughing on the side line.

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
If I was bowlen I would cancel the chartered plane and make their ass fly coach.

I'd make'em take a bus.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Sounds like the same plan the Patriots had last year. They took a red-eye flight to London on a Friday morning.

Very sad that Mcd is following NE in this case also.
He doesn't have any identity.

bronco militia
10-25-2010, 12:42 PM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/273/566/iverson_display_image.jpg?1277767628

24champ
10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Very sad that Mcd is following NE in this case also.
He doesn't have any identity.

It's not uncommon. Tampa Bay did the same thing as well.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/tampa-bay-buccaneers-will-use-different-travel-plans-than-new-england/1045909

The Bucs are scheduled to leave at 8 a.m. and arrive around 6 p.m. Eastern time, 11 p.m. in London, and "you get off and go to sleep," Morris said. That means their Saturday walk-through becomes their Friday practice, though Morris said it won't be "the full-speed tempo you'd usually get.'' They'll try to make up for it in the meeting room.

"Less walk-through and more classroom," he said.

Coach Bill Belichick said the Patriots are "treating it like a Saturday game," getting all their preparations in regular Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday practices. They'll have a short practice Friday in London and try "to get in the same routine in a different location," QB Tom Brady said.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
At this point, do you honestly think practice is going to solve anything?

Garcia Bronco
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
The shouldn't even be playing over there.

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 12:50 PM
The shouldn't even be playing over there.

To be fair, they really haven't been playing over here either. Maybe some tea and crumpets will fix what ails them.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I would think jet lag would be minimized as a result of the game being played at night over there such that it'll be the same as an early kickoff here. By going over there the day before, they can just keep the same "body clocks" they have now. Now if it was a normal early game kickoff over there, that would make it, what, 6:00 AM in Denver? Now that would be a problem.

Pony Boy
10-25-2010, 01:40 PM
I think to make this game more exciting the losing coach should get "the Guillotine" immediately after the game.....

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I'd rather they get right into practice and get on the field again with that last game still in their heads. Hopefully we'll take out all the frustrations of the last 2 weeks on the 9ers.

oubronco
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
Stack the line and stop Gore and the running game and make them beat us throwing the ball, that's how evrybody else has beat them

i4jelway7
10-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Stack the line and stop Gore and the running game and make them beat us throwing the ball, that's how evrybody else has beat them

if we stack the line, Gore will still get through... Denver needs to work on their tackling ASAP or Gore is gonna run for more TD's than Mcfadden did

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
if we stack the line, Gore will still get through... Denver needs to work on their tackling ASAP or Gore is gonna run for more TD's than Mcfadden did

Nope. This week we're gonna eat rocks and **** gunpowder. Piss lightning and crap thunder...all that stuff. You'll see, we're going to win the division. This is all part of the plan, we'll be written off for dead and then Football Jesus will lead us back with the resurrection.

orinjkrush
10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
so who "needs" the game more, us or the Niners? It should be called "The King is Dead" Bowl.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Sounds like the same plan the Patriots had last year.

Now there is a shock.

Are we sure that McDaniels isn't just a simple remote controled perl script that Darth Hoodie wrote, and then foisted on the one team that always squashed him?

Liquid Courage
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM

isn't that what we would've been doing yesterday? our DL is more futile now than it was 3 years ago when I think we witnessed the worst run defense in history. either way i can guarantee that we will make someone on that team look like an All Pro by the time the day is through.

injuries, lack of coordinator continuity, lack of leadership, lack of character and good, old fashioned lack of talent means that we can't execute or take away at least one dimension of any team. :(

bronclvr
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
With Singletary's job on the line, this contest is not going to be a cakewalk-I think McD is doing the right thing-get 'em there, get it done and get back to town for the bye-

you know guys, that sometimes your team just has a bad day-I'm not sure if one of those "days" is a beat down like we witnessed, but I remember Elway being "off" sometimes too-

oubronco
10-25-2010, 01:55 PM
They will get it done this week just watch and see

mkporter
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM
Now there is a shock.

Are we sure that McDaniels isn't just a simple remote controled perl script that Darth Hoodie wrote, and then foisted on the one team that always squashed him?

This was a mildly funny joke the first couple hundred times. I like the perl script angle, though. Really nerds it up nicely.

Liquid Courage
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM

man do I hope you are right . . on the plus side, our flight is shorter! :yayaya:

mkporter
10-25-2010, 02:04 PM

Tackling wasn't the problem Sunday. Getting within 5 yards of the ball carrier was the real challenge.

meangene
10-25-2010, 02:31 PM
The DVR can handle the game for me, but I am giving myself a 2 week bye I think.

Me too! At least a two week bye and, after that, I am only watching to see some of the young guys perform so I can start thinking about next year, draft needs, etc. That way I don't get so damn frustrated!

Popps
10-25-2010, 03:03 PM

Yea, the day off should help. They get in Friday, right?

There's probably no right way to do this. Sucks for both teams, particularly the one that loses a home game for this.

boltaneer
10-25-2010, 03:08 PM
man do I hope you are right . . on the plus side, our flight is shorter! :yayaya:

The niners are already in London. Left right after the game in Carolina.

orinjkrush
10-25-2010, 03:34 PM
did any of you notice a blue light at the stadium?

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/skyline/51802/video/skyline-trailer-no-2/637731386001

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Yea, the day off should help. They get in Friday, right?

There's probably no right way to do this. Sucks for both teams, particularly the one that loses a home game for this.

It's not like our home field advantage is that great at 1-3, away record is not the great either 1-2...nothing is that great, maybe we will own London!

WOOOOO

serious hops
10-25-2010, 04:00 PM
I'd make'em take a bus.

"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do."

"What's that?"

"Win the whole ****in' thing."

Worked for those guys. . . might be worth a shot at this point.

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 06:09 PM

"What's that?"

It's about the only option left to us.

Lev Vyvanse
10-25-2010, 06:12 PM

"What's that?"

Step #1. Get McDaniels some glasses?

Los Broncos
10-25-2010, 10:14 PM

No predictions, please.

Baja will have plenty of threads saying "Orton will go crazy in this game"

baja
10-25-2010, 10:22 PM
No predictions, please.

Baja will have plenty of threads saying "Orton will go crazy in this game"

No I won't I'm officially in a wait and see mode.

16slayer24
10-26-2010, 12:08 AM
i remember a 55-10 beatdown in the superbowl

tsr28
10-26-2010, 10:16 AM
i remember a 55-10 beatdown in the superbowl

One team was quite a bit better than the other in that game...

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-26-2010, 02:47 PM
I hope the Broncos are bringing their own food and fluids because two-plus days isn't enough time to adjust to the flora and bacteria of England. Our team might be ****ting liquid in their pants on Sunday.

bendog
10-26-2010, 02:51 PM
I worry about Orton. Boubon's almost unheard of over there. Expensive.

Bronco Yoda
10-26-2010, 03:09 PM
I'd make them start swimming now.

Seriously though this probably lessons the distractions and they can use all their equipment to prep.