PDA

View Full Version : Gary Miller of CBS 4

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
I am still looking for an original source, but based on two other board reports, Gary Miller said this morning that McDaniels scolded the team after the Jets loss and put them through a tough week of practice.

The players didn't take it well because they felt they played their hearts out against the Jets and basically gave McDaniels the finger with yesterday's performance.

I hope it's not true, but if it is, it makes you think a complete housecleaning is in order.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Tin foil hats.

Broncoman13
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
I think they gave him more than the finger. Laughing and giggling on the sidelines after that performance pretty much tells you that they're okay with what happened yesterday. Probably laughing about what will happen this week if they got punished after the Jets performance!

The Joker
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
This would be horrendous news on so many levels.

Spider
10-25-2010, 10:25 AM
this wouldnt bother me if they had waited a week to do it ........ But the ****ing Raiders .....All of them should be arrested on felony charges

theAPAOps5
10-25-2010, 10:26 AM
I heard it and can confirm that is exactly what he said. He said it was personnel pretty deep, not just the law mower.

Ray_Lewis'_Victim
I don't believe that a single professional football player would pull **** like that. Not even B-Marsh or frown cannon would throw a game to get back at a coach for "a tough week of practice." And against the Raiders? Not buying it for a second.

spdirty
I heard it this morning as well.

And if its true, and I were to put myself in Mcds shoes, I would have no idea what to do going forward.

Old Dude
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Guys, it wasn't a conspiracy by the players. They were just beaten up, plain and simple, by a superior team with superior talent, focus and coaching.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Guys, it wasn't a conspiracy by the players. They were just beaten up, plain and simple, by a superior team with superior talent, focus and coaching.

thank you. no one lays down against a division rival.

strafen
10-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Tin foil hats.This. Top McDaniels supporter and a top homer!

eddie mac
10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Balls. He gave them a run after the Ravens game and look at the reaction against the Jets.

CEH
10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
If this were true then maybe his people skills need work
but I applaud Josh for saying there are no moral vicories in the NFL and good enough is not good enough. I was at the game and I can tell you Bailey was not amused at all with the team performance and stood off by himself when not on the field. He was clearly disgusted arms folded not a smile on his face the whole 2nd half and would not partake in the defensive gatheringing that occur while the offense is on the field. He's the gold standard by which we should judges these professional athletes so screw the players that thought they could give up and teach Josh a lesson

_Oro_
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Something obviously happened. Never seen a team not play like that before.

TonyR
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
They were just beaten up, plain and simple, by a superior team with superior talent, focus and coaching.

Is it that simple? I'll give you "focus" but I'm not sure Oakland has superior talent and coaching to anything close to what's needed to explain 59-14 at home. I really think they quit yesterday.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't believe that a single professional football player would pull **** like that. Not even B-Marsh or frown cannon would throw a game to get back at a coach for "a tough week of practice." And against the Raiders? Not buying it for a second.

Zach Miller did say Denver played hard through most of the game.

Miller and several teammates said they thought the Broncos played hard for most of the game.

"I felt like they were doing whatever they could, but when you get that kind of lead and our offense just keeps staying out there, it's tough when your defense is out there that long," Miller said.

"After we kept going up by more touchdowns, we kept saying, 'We can't let down,' because we knew their passing offense (enables them) to get back in the game quickly. We just wanted to make sure, as an offense, we stayed on the field and kept the ball away from them."

Read more: Raiders set records in routing Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_16424603#ixzz13ORyCDcl

bronclvr
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM

From a Fan's perspective, yes-from a Player's perspective, maybe not-these guys know that if they lose their Job here, they'll probably end up somewhere else-they weren't raised hating a Divisional opponent, not like a long term Fan is-I think it's more of keeping your Job than wasting an opponent-

Taco John
10-25-2010, 10:35 AM

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 10:36 AM
Lots of disturbing stuff in this thread. If the players layed down on purpose, shame on them, but it was McDaniels who chose the guys he wanted to go to war with. To have them quit on him would obviously be a giant stab in the back, but it's still on him.

But more disturbing is reading that players were laughing on the sidelines? I obviously didn't stick around to watch that far into the game, but that pretty disgusting to hear. Who were these players?

PRBronco
10-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Lots of disturbing stuff in this thread. If the players layed down on purpose, shame on them, but it was McDaniels who chose the guys he wanted to go to war with. To have them quit on him would obviously be a giant stab in the back, but it's still on him.

But more disturbing is reading that players were laughing on the sidelines? I obviously didn't stick around to watch that far into the game, but that pretty disgusting to hear. Who were these players?

Uggh, reminds me of Ian Gold.

My brain refuses to believe that Brian Dawkins would allow something like the alleged mutiny to happen in his dressing room.

bronclvr
10-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I really think they quit yesterday.

From where I sat, (and I'm certain it looks different on TV), it just looked like poor Coaching-there were so many missed Tackles, bad technique (going for the Ankles instead of squaring up and driving through the Runner), it wasn't funny. Orton looked "off", unlike any other Game this Year-the Oline couldn't keep the Defenders from getting into the backfield, everything just didn't gel-Royal was giving it his all though-Vickerson was definitely playing hurt-he's one big dude-

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I don't think any nfl player simply mails it in. Even in college, that's a good way to get seriously injured. However, if McDaniels really did do such a sophmoric stunt as to shame and physically punish that team after the Jests game .... he may have lost them and be considered a dangerous idiot by the players. I admit I really thought the faide would win yesterday with either Campbell or the polish guy, but .... not like that. If McDaniels faulted the effort against the Jests, I can see the players treating him and his staff like jokes.

Broncos4tw
10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
While they may not have laid down purposely against the Raiders, they may not have had a whole lot of "care" once they were falling behind. When the system is built on "The beatings will continue until morale improves," it's hard to get yourself pumped up to do great.

And Josh while he can get pretty worked up when are are winning, certainly seems quiet and lost when we are losing. I doubt he was a huge inspiration for the team to catch up.

24champ
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Specific players aren't mentioned in the supposed rumor, and the source of this story has yet to be named. I am a little skeptical of this "story".

jhns
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I doubt they got together and planned on putting together that performance. The fact is that they did quit on McDaniels though, It just wasn't some planned conspiracy. This isn't new though. They quit on him for the entire second half of last season. Just look at how we played against good teams early compared to bad teams late. All of this character crap has really worked for him.

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Agree!!

Any team, even the Raiders, that gets top 5 draft picks for 7 years is eventually going to be stocked with talent.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I doubt they got together and planned on putting together that performance. The fact is that they did quit on McDaniels though, It just wasn't some planned conspiracy. This isn't new though. They quit on him for the entire second half of last season. Just look at how we played against good teams early compared to bad teams late. All of this character crap has really worked for him.

youre so stupid, its crazy.

after a 6-0 start, they quit on mcdaniels? are you kidding?

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Agree!!

Any team, even the Raiders, that gets top 5 draft picks for 7 years is eventually going to be stocked with talent.

Not when you spend said picks on busts like Jamarcus Russell, Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Darius Heyward Bay and until yesterday, Darren McFadden.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Not when you spend said picks on busts like Jamarcus Russell, Robert Gallery, Michael Huff, Darius Heyward Bay and until yesterday, Darren McFadden.

sad that 2 of their busts seem to play well here

TonyR
10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
While they may not have laid down purposely against the Raiders, they may not have had a whole lot of "care" once they were falling behind.

This is what I believe. I've been using the word "quit" but that's probably too strong a word. Probably better to say they didn't give full effort, particularly once they fell behind.

jhns
10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
youre so stupid, its crazy.

after a 6-0 start, they quit on mcdaniels? are you kidding?

I'm stupid? You can't even form a sentence. I would watch trying to insult others.

How would you explain going 6-0, while beating good teams, and then not being able to win from there on? It isn't like we have only been playing SB teams since then. Did he forget how to put together a game plan?

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM

I was most surprised by that spare safety out of Ohio making plays yesterday. Now that's embarrassing.

MplsBronco
10-25-2010, 10:55 AM
I am having a hard time reconciling what happened yesterday and my view of McD as I have been a supporter from day one. Even though the losses were piling up before yesterday I always felt the team gave good effort and were in most games, unlike the end of the Shanny era where some games seemed just hopeless.

We all have never witnessed something like yesterday and I never saw McD getting in anyone's face, ala the Giants game last year, and that was very telling. Almost like he was a man on an island. He seemed small and powerless.

I always have felt the players had his back and never quit, like in Indy last year, but something happened yesterday and it was not good. It was more than just losing a game. I honestly do not feel McD can recover from this and the rest of the season is going to be a disaster.

MplsBronco
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Agree!!

We've played teams all year with better talent, Colts, Titans, Jets, Ravens and could have won 3 of those games.

Something else is to blame for a beating this bad that goes wayyy beyond talent and coaching.

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM

Is that all they got after seven years of top 5 picks?

Even a blind squirrel etc.

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 11:01 AM
We've played teams all year with better talent, Colts, Titans, Jets, Ravens and could have won 4 of those games.

Something else is to blame for a beating this bad that goes wayyy beyond talent and coaching.

I have no idea what happened yesterday..........I wonder if Jeff Fisher figured out what happened when the Titans were beaten 59-0 by NE.

colonelbeef
10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I am still looking for an original source, but based on two other board reports, Gary Miller said this morning that McDaniels scolded the team after the Jets loss and put them through a tough week of practice.

The players didn't take it well because they felt they played their hearts out against the Jets and basically gave McDaniels the finger with yesterday's performance.

I hope it's not true, but if it is, it makes you think a complete housecleaning is in order.

This is Eric Mangini in NY all over again

even worse

Archer81
10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
I have no idea what happened yesterday..........I wonder if Jeff Fisher figured out what happened when the Titans were beaten 59-0 by NE.

Sometimes teams get on a roll early in games and keep it up all game long. Everything went Oakland's way yesterday. All you can do is fix what you can and get ready for the next week.

:Broncos:

MplsBronco
10-25-2010, 11:04 AM

I forgot, was that really the score last year? I do feel that this season can go one of two ways. Either they turn it around or it goes completely in the tank. A 5-4 or 4-5 finish is not going to happen.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM
Is that all they got after seven years of top 5 picks?

Even a blind squirrel etc.

No. I forgot Fabian Washington, Tyler Brayton, Phillip Buchanon, Napoleon Harris and Derrick Gibson.

RunSilentRunDeep
10-25-2010, 11:08 AM

You mean "how" Jeff Fisher figured out. The Titans won their next five and went 8-2 the rest of the season.

I think McDaniels need to learn when and how to crack the whip. If you go ape-sh*t on the players all week long, they're likely to arrive on game day physically and emotionally burned out.

I was actually wondering everyone went out on a bender the night before the game or if they all had the flu. Guys looked like they were breathing heavy halfway through the first quarter. I've never seen such a lifeless bunch of meat sacks in my life.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM
I can completely believe this. When is the last time you heard McDaniels say something good about his teams performance, or a players performance without so many disclaimers and qualifications he could qualify for the approved car offer on TV.

We all blamed Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall and others for not wanting to play for this coach. There might just be a reason.

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Sometimes teams get on a roll early in games and keep it up all game long. Everything went Oakland's way yesterday. All you can do is fix what you can and get ready for the next week.

:Broncos:

I agree, time to move forward and see what they've got.

Though I couldn't think of a worse time for a short week and a flight to London.

titan
10-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Gary Miller said a source from the team told him this - it wasn't just his opinion. That's not a good sign.

I was at the game yesterday listening to Dave Logan and Brian Griese on the radio as I watched. Both Logan and Griese commented that it was strange McD wasn't talking to anyone on the sidelines as the Oakland scores piled up. I started looking at McD through my binoculars and noticed the same thing. He was standing all by himself, staring at his clipboard, not close to the team, while his coordinators were talking with the players. No "just win the *&%%&& game!" comments - he was really detached, like he was overwhelmed by what was happening.

Old Dude
10-25-2010, 11:13 AM
We've played teams all year with better talent, Colts, Titans, Jets, Ravens and could have won 3 of those games.

No it doesn't. Not really.

First is the fact that the defense was missing Ayers, Dawkins (and Goodman, still). Cox has been struggling as a rookie at corner, but even he got hurt, so the dial gets turned down another notch. They go to a 4-3 to try to contain the run and Haggan gets slid out to OLB, a spot that he conclusively demonstrated in preseason that he had no interest (or ability) in playing.

The Raiders, facing no pass rush, took the opportunity to run routes to confuse the heck out of the LBs and secondary. And the fact is that some of their players came up with very nice catches.

All preseason the Broncos had a problem against runs to the edge and McFadden ate them alive. Dawkins would have helped a lot ... but ....

All that notwithstanding, they still came close to stopping the Raiders on the first drive. Unfortunately, Campbell wasn't nearly as gimpy as reports suggested.

But the blow up really started when Orton misread the coverage and threw a pick six on the first play.

Then he fumbled on the second possession, deep in Denver territory.

21-0 just like that.

From that point on, the Raiders were able to completely ignore Denver's already weak running game and play action and they came after Orton full blast every play.

Meanwhile, the Oakland offense, being aware than Denver could make a run at them if their passing game got going, poured it on.

Mix in some frustration, a ridiculous difference in time of possession, some players trying to do too much, overrunning plays, etc. a missed holding call on a long run, a couple bad bounces of the ball .... and there you go. An a$$ kicking of biblical proportions.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 11:14 AM
I can completely believe this. When is the last time you heard McDaniels say something good about his teams performance, or a players performance without so many disclaimers and qualifications he could qualify for the approved car offer on TV.

We all blamed Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall and others for not wanting to play for this coach. There might just be a reason.

Ummmm, did you miss all the DJ love that was posted here in just the last 2-3 days? Tons of quotes with no disclaimers whatsoever.

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 11:15 AM
You mean "how" Jeff Fisher figured out. The Titans won their next five and went 8-2 the rest of the season.

I think McDaniels need to learn when and how to crack the whip. If you go ape-sh*t on the players all week long, they're likely to arrive on game day physically and emotionally burned out.

I was actually wondering everyone went out on a bender the night before the game or if they all had the flu. Guys looked like they were breathing heavy halfway through the first quarter. I've never seen such a lifeless bunch of meat sacks in my life.

McD needs to make the call to Fisher and ask. ;)

But my point was that a very talented team....which the Broncos are not....folded their tent that day and got crushed.

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 11:19 AM
I forgot, was that really the score last year? I do feel that this season can go one of two ways. Either they turn it around or it goes completely in the tank. A 5-4 or 4-5 finish is not going to happen.

Agreed. We will find out soon enough if this team has folded.

Dagmar
10-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Ummmm, did you miss all the DJ love that was posted here in just the last 2-3 days? Tons of quotes with no disclaimers whatsoever.

Doesn't fit with his conspiracy theory so it never happened.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Gary Miller said a source from the team told him this - it wasn't just his opinion. That's not a good sign.

I was at the game yesterday listening to Dave Logan and Brian Griese on the radio as I watched. Both Logan and Griese commented that it was strange McD wasn't talking to anyone on the sidelines as the Oakland scores piled up. I started looking at McD through my binoculars and noticed the same thing. He was standing all by himself, staring at his clipboard, not close to the team, while his coordinators were talking with the players. No "just win the *&%%&& game!" comments - he was really detached, like he was overwhelmed by what was happening.

Something had to have happened during the week. I wonder if he didn't push them and berate them that he knew if he approached them for another "We're just trying to win a MFing game" speech he would have got towels and gatorade cups thrown at him.

That or he pulled a Cutler and was so mad that he didn't want to talk to anyone, which could have been the case from the picture of him moping off the sidelines.

BTW did he shake Cables hand or just walk off the field?

Quoydogs
10-25-2010, 11:23 AM

NE was a great team. We got spanked by the fricken ****ty ass raiders. No comparison.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2010, 11:28 AM

you think they got worked over from last week, what do you think he would have in store for them this week before leaving to London? These guys are ****ed.

ScottXray
10-25-2010, 11:31 AM
The report was that the players felt that McD should have eased off
and not had such hard practices this week, because they played so well
against the Jets. Well, it appears McD was right, but the players didn't respond well. I don't think anyone laid down on purpose , but it is clear that the players thought they were going to have an easy game against the Raiders and they got blown out because they weren't ready for the intensity that the Raiders had, from the first play. They easily could have put up 70 points if they hadn't took the foot off the gas in the 4th

coaching wise the game plan was disappointing also, and it looks like they weren't ready for anything the Raiders had in their plan either.

This was a TOTAL failure, and while McD gets the lions share ( you always OWN the problem if you are in charge when this happens) the rest of the coaches and players also own this.

Anyone know how Cox is? After he went out Vaughan got picked on and it showed.

I almost didn't want to come here today, cause I just don't want to hear the crying and moaning today. It will take some time for the enormity of this to really set in.

Guess we find out this coming weekend whether the team thinks they should have "easy" practices this week.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 11:32 AM

actually agree with this 100%

i doubt it has any effect on anything else, but i wonder if its an indicator that his positive reinforcement during coaching and all that is done in a similar manner.

24champ
Something had to have happened during the week. I wonder if he didn't push them and berate them that he knew if he approached them for another "We're just trying to win a MFing game" speech he would have got towels and gatorade cups thrown at him.

That or he pulled a Cutler and was so mad that he didn't want to talk to anyone, which could have been the case from the picture of him moping off the sidelines.

BTW did he shake Cables hand or just walk off the field?

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/ap/8d/fullj.eb5b065bf154a1c69bc8ccb034d036c2/bf3736b26686404c957afe94913487f1.jpg

DenverBrit
NE was a great team. We got spanked by the fricken ****ty ass raiders. No comparison.

The same great team the Broncos beat?

I'm pretty sure that Fisher and the fan-base did a collective WTF?

bendog
10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Why is it that McDaniels was "right" and should not have eased off and rewarded the team, as the players thought they deserved, for the effort against the Jests?

(btw, I suspect there's really only a kernal of truth to this, but if McDaniels didn't recognize the effort against the Jests, there IS something wrong with his ability to recognize effort and talent)

that pic kills me. LOL

Popps
10-25-2010, 11:36 AM

Well, look... we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but if you watch McDaniels press conference from the prior week, he was fairly upbeat considering we lost. He heaped a lot of praise on several players, including some young guys. Re-watch it. He didn't seem in the scolding mood, at all.
He basically praised the effort and just said we needed to put it all together.
So, it would be pretty surprising if he went into punishment mode the following week.

That said, something was way off yesterday... aside from the obvious. We looked ready to quit.

Do grown men just quit because their coach yells at them? No one has any pride in their jobs out there?

I don't know. The whole thing was just confusing as hell, coming off of a pretty decent effort the prior week.

Popps
10-25-2010, 11:38 AM
(btw, I suspect there's really only a kernal of truth to this, but if McDaniels didn't recognize the effort against the Jests, there IS something wrong with his ability to recognize effort and talent)

Watch this...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Josh-McDaniels-Press-Conference/72a94cad-3692-4067-823c-7338772bdac1

(Post Jets game)

I've never heard him give so much praise to players in a press conference, especially after a loss. He clearly recognized the effort and makes mention of it many times.

That's why this rumor is a bit confusing.

Dagmar
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.outcastweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tin-foil-hat.jpg

extralife
10-25-2010, 11:46 AM
If this is true in any capacity, McD should just start throwing darts at the roster list. Anyone he hits is cut.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 11:49 AM
Specific players aren't mentioned in the supposed rumor, and the source of this story has yet to be named. I am a little skeptical of this "story".

I was debating whether or not to bring it up, and there has not been a source named, but I thought I should put it here for discussion in light of the debacle. Fans deserve all the news, and this was big news from Vic & Gary on the 87.7. It may be tough to hear, but those two are bigtime local journalists, and we have to take the bad with the good. You have to take adversity head on and attack it.

rugbythug
10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
The real problem is the players watched the raiders game tape and thought that was the team they were playing

ScottXray
10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Watch this...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Josh-McDaniels-Press-Conference/72a94cad-3692-4067-823c-7338772bdac1

(Post Jets game)

I've never heard him give so much praise to players in a press conference, especially after a loss. He clearly recognized the effort and makes mention of it many times.

The media in Denver was telling the players all week how they would have an easy time against the Faid...gonna get healthy and even by the bye week, yukking it up in the interviews. etc. And the report was, again, that some of the players felt that practices were too hard this week, and they thought that McD should have let up some in practice. No Names were named, no direct quotes. The team giving up on McD was not mentioned , except here on the interwebs. Pure rumor and speculation.

So maybe everyone will realise that a good effort, in a loss, is still just a loss and NOT good enough. I hope so. Looks like we are headed for another year of sub 500 record at HOME.

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 11:52 AM
I really don't buy this, you're talking about professionals here. If that's the case they are pretty unintelligent considering if they attempt to lay down, they are putting their own jobs on the line as well, especially in the event they are auditioning for other teams. I don't buy this at all.

THE719!
10-25-2010, 11:54 AM
would not be surprised.... after all the crap mcdaniels pulled in his 1 and half year being here here...

Popps
10-25-2010, 11:56 AM
The media in Denver was telling the players all week how they would have an easy time against the Faid...gonna get healthy and even by the bye week, yukking it up in the interviews. etc. And the report was, again, that some of the players felt that practices were too hard this week, and they thought that McD should have let up some in practice. No Names were named, no direct quotes. The team giving up on McD was not mentioned , except here on the interwebs. Pure rumor and speculation.

So maybe everyone will realise that a good effort, in a loss, is still just a loss and NOT good enough. I hope so. Looks like we are headed for another year of sub 500 record at HOME.

I just wonder what player on this roster right now feels like he has enough clout to expect soft practices after a loss. I mean, throw out a name... Orton? DJ Williams? Champ? Are these guys expecting an easy go and bitter because it wasn't?

Don't know. Not totally doubting the story, and there has to be some explanation, but it just doesn't seem to add up.

bendog
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Watch this...

(Post Jets game)

yeah, I find the story a little off. I think McDaniels is in over his comptence, but I thought and still think he's on a par with a young shanahan in terms of understanding offense. There may be a kernal here, but it's ... weird. Very possibly some guys like Clady who are playing hurt and Champ really thought they should have a soft week of practice, and very likely they were right. If McDaniels gave them a hard week after losing at home with a big home game upcoming followed by London and then the bye .... I can see vets being pissed.

But, for McDaniels to not think the team played in the Jests game .... I'm not gonna put up with guys posting "oh we were too banged up for the faide ...." But without Ayers and Doom and playing the Jests close.... You'd have to be crazy to not see the effort. I don't think he's crazy.

Pony Boy
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
the players didn't take it well because they felt they played their hearts out against the jets and basically gave mcdaniels the finger with yesterday's performance.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
Why is it that McDaniels was "right" and should not have eased off and rewarded the team, as the players thought they deserved, for the effort against the Jests?

that pic kills me. LOL

Maybe he should have eased off a bit, but we don't know and neither does Gary Miller. Seems like an awful lot of rumor and conjecture based on very little.

And you are supposed to go easy after a loss? I thought losing was unacceptable? But losing close is okay?

He may have been tough on them, he may not have been. Rumor was he ran them harder after Baltimore... yet they responded well against the Jets. So... what was the point?

24champ
10-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I just wonder what player on this roster right now feels like he has enough clout to expect soft practices after a loss. I mean, throw out a name... Orton? DJ Williams? Champ? Are these guys expecting an easy go and bitter because it wasn't?

Don't know. Not totally doubting the story, and there has to be some explanation, but it just doesn't seem to add up.

Well it is a rumor, and funny thing about rumors is that they never have specifics. I'd like to know specifically which players got fed up and couldn't handle it.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 12:03 PM
although I don't at all agree with a player not giving full effort when they are paid to

as a parent I also know that if you yell enough, eventually your kids just look at you like you are a screaming idiot

they stop listening or responding to it

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 12:06 PM
Well, look... we don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but if you watch McDaniels press conference from the prior week, he was fairly upbeat considering we lost. He heaped a lot of praise on several players, including some young guys. Re-watch it. He didn't seem in the scolding mood, at all.
He basically praised the effort and just said we needed to put it all together.
So, it would be pretty surprising if he went into punishment mode the following week.

That said, something was way off yesterday... aside from the obvious. We looked ready to quit.

Do grown men just quit because their coach yells at them? No one has any pride in their jobs out there?
I don't know. The whole thing was just confusing as hell, coming off of a pretty decent effort the prior week.

It's hard to believe so many guys quit at the same time, but they did. Orton and Moreno played hard.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Considering the goal of the new regime was to bring in TEAM oriented players with a team 1st attitude who are tough and smart it is beginning to look like they missed a few.

Dagmar
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Brandon Lloyd, who isn't shy, is on Broncos live tonight.

PRBronco
10-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I think I speak for us all when I say: What has Josina heard about this?

TonyR
10-25-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm waiting for Josina to weigh in on this rumor, preferably via twitter, before making a call one way or the other...

TonyR
10-25-2010, 12:15 PM

You bastage, you beat me to it!!!

PRBronco
10-25-2010, 12:16 PM
You bastage, you beat me to it!!!

:yayaya: ^5

BlaK-Argentina
10-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Not buying it. I think it was just that bad of a game. EVERYTHING went right for Oakland from the first snap.

They weren't ready, period.

From the look on Orton's and Dawkins' face, to Champ standing all by himself during the game and walking off the field without even shaking hands after it, to DJ's effort on the field, Moreno trying to pump up the offense... I mean, these are the team leaders. I don't believe for a second they would allow this kind of thing to happen.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-25-2010, 12:18 PM

@josinaanderson

Jus hrd frm da brnx playrs they mad had to practic hrd aftr nyj gm. mcd trng tm aprt.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-25-2010, 12:21 PM
Not buying it. I think it was just that bad of a game. EVERYTHING went right for Oakland from the first snap.

From the look on Orton's and Dawkins' face, to Champ standing all by himself during the game and walking off the field without even shaking hands after it, to DJ's effort on the field, Moreno trying to pump up the offense... I mean, these are the team leaders. I don't believe for a second they would allow this kind of thing to happen.

Additionally, I'd say that this was the ultimate example of a quicksand game. I've seen someone post it here before.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i3O-kYwM8qY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i3O-kYwM8qY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Broken play allows for a big touchdown. We get the ball, and our first pass play we give up a pick six. Before our third offensive play was run, we were down 14-0. Before we ran our fourth, it was 21-0.

Quicksand.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 12:38 PM

I don't know what the f adds up at this point. I saw plenty of guys that don't belong on an NFL field. I'm getting ready to bust off a rant, so I'll back off and leave it at that.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM

The team captains didn't do jack**** other than Orton. Dawkins wasn't suited up and players that aren't suited have no bearing at all. Champ looked like ****, he pussied out as he has many a time when the going gets tough. Moreno tried his best, but he's not a team captain. Orton tried his best but it looked like the OL was on opium or under some kind of magic spell where one of their feet was encased in concrete. Royal gave it a shot, kudos to him.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 12:48 PM
I don't think anyone purposely laid down.

It's pretty simple, they weren't prepared and they aren't talented enough to overcome any sort of adversity.

McDaniels and Xanders need to be fired now

Chris
10-25-2010, 12:49 PM

It's pretty simple, they weren't prepared and they aren't talented enough to overcome any sort of adversity.

Did you factor in the fact that we were playing lots of special teamers like Joe Mays?

Rabb
10-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Did you factor in the fact that we were playing lots of special teamers like Joe Mays?

you play who is on the team

and who is on the team is who we have chosen

that falls directly on McD

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
you play who is on the team

and who is on the team is who we have chosen

that falls directly on McD

Bingo

but let's not leave out Brian Xanders either, he's been pretty freakin' terrible as well

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Mays was one of the others I noticed still flying around at the end of the game, trying to make a play. Seemed like he made all the special teams tackles too. It obviously didn't matter, but it was nice to see him at least trying out there. He certainly wasn't one of the "quitters."

jhns
10-25-2010, 01:00 PM

This isn't an excuse that Bowlen will accept so no one else should. Shanahan had more injuries in his last year here than this team has right now, although that probably won't be true for long. Anyways, a full team of NFL backups shouldn't be that bad against a bad raiders team. This would maybe be an excuse for losing if the losing wasn't by so much.

DarkHorse
10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
I don't believe that they laid down for one minute, that's ludicrous to even suggest that in this game. You slow down, play down, half speed, half hearted that's a good way to seriously get hurt. I don't buy it for one second.

They got beat - badly, plain and simple.

There are times when you get your ass kicked and there are times when you get your skull kicked in while you're unconscious. We got our skulls kicked in.

Broncomutt
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Thing that bothers me is that this came from a reporter with access to players. Why would Gary Miller make this up? Why jeopardize access to the players because he decided to fabricate something?

What we saw on the field and sidelines seems to corroborate what he said.

And there's precedent for players quitting on McDaniels Marshall and Sheffler may be douchebags, but the fact is there is precedent.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM

That's a laugh.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Thing that bothers me is that this came from a reporter with access to players. Why would Gary Miller make this up? Why jeopardize access to the players because he decided to fabricate something?

And there's precedent for players quitting on McDaniels Marshall and Sheffler may be douchebags, but the fact is there is precedent.

And not just any reporter but doesn't Miller work for CBS4, who is the official TV partner of the team?

He isn't going to just leak BS.

Jesterhole
10-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Sounds like the truth. Why would they respect the guy? He's a dickheaded douchebag on an ego trip with no idea of what to do.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 01:08 PM

Have you watched the raiders this year? Superior team and talent? Ummm, not the first words that come to mind.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 01:09 PM
That's a laugh.

as in, it won't happen? Or you think they are great coach/GM combo?

bendog
10-25-2010, 01:11 PM
They just need a little time, for God's sake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9jR4Gv7qGs

orinjkrush
10-25-2010, 01:32 PM
even if it was "a" player, it may still be only one or a few players' opinion of what's goin down. regardless, McD has spent alot of time making this "his" team. Maybe some players feel ok, its YOUR team. this is all just conjecture of course.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
even if it was "a" player, it may still be only one or a few players' opinion of what's goin down. regardless, McD has spent alot of time making this "his" team. Maybe some players feel ok, its YOUR team. this is all just conjecture of course.

I wonder how hard Lonnie (Bob) Paxton is trying to sway the locker room.

"Comeon guys, he gave me, a long snapper, 1.5 mil! He can't be all that bad!"

i4jelway7
10-25-2010, 01:44 PM
this team is lacking talent.. I love Mcd's passion but his play calling is terrible, why throw the bomb so many times on 3rd down when all you need to do is move the chains? why bring in the sh*tty buffalo RB coach Eric Studsville? why get rid of the oline blocking schemes that has been working for years? why are the special teams so bad? too many questions not enough answers

Quoydogs
10-25-2010, 01:51 PM
this team is lacking talent.. I love Mcd's passion but his play calling is terrible, why throw the bomb so many times on 3rd down when all you need to do is move the chains? why bring in the sh*tty buffalo RB coach Eric Studsville? why get rid of the oline blocking schemes that has been working for years? too many questions not enough answers

BREAKING NEWS.

Josina is reporting that Josh in an attempt to get the players closer to one another and play like a team rather then spoiled brats called for a mandatory movie night.

He chose a film for 1984 because he knew that, that was the last time this team had seen future of the Denver broncos in John Elway.

Little did he know that he would do more damage then good.

That's right the movie was Ghostbusters.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 01:53 PM
BREAKING NEWS.

Josina is reporting that Josh in an attempt to get the players closer to one another and play like a team rather then spoiled brats called for a mandatory movie night.

He chose a film for 1984 because he knew that, that was the last time this team had seen future of the Denver broncos in John Elway.

Little did he know that he would do more damage then good.

That's right the movie was Ghostbusters.

I don't have a problem with that. Unless, of course, he told the players to invite their children.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Just as a side note, Orton was on the radio proclaiming how great their practice was in the pre-game interviews.

One wonders what they were prepping for?

Quoydogs
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Just as a side note, Orton was on the radio proclaiming how great their practice was in the pre-game interviews.

One wonders what they were prepping for?

A high school game. Thats why it looked so good. ROFL!

Rabb
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
I don't have a problem with that. Unless, of course, he told the players to invite their children.

Hilarious!

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 02:17 PM
And not just any reporter but doesn't Miller work for CBS4, who is the official TV partner of the team?

He isn't going to just leak BS.

They were pissed off, as all of us are. They also called out Champ Bailey who has a show on their own station, said they were gonna ask him about the lack of team captains not showing up for interviews after the game. They were mightily pissed off after having supported the team to have the team captains not stay around after the game for interviews, and I don't blame them for being pissed off when the team captains other than Orton duck interviews after getting their ass kicked 59-14.

You stand up as a man and take accountabilty as a team captain, you don't run and hide.

UberBroncoMan
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
If this is true, McDaniels has no idea how to run an NFL team.

crush17
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
They were pissed off, as all of us are. They also called out Champ Bailey who has a show on their own station, said they were gonna ask him about the lack of team captains not showing up for interviews after the game. They were mightily pissed off after having supported the team to have the team captains not stay around after the game for interviews, and I don't blame them for being pissed off when the team captains other than Orton duck interviews after getting their ass kicked 59-14.

You stand up as a man and take accountabilty as a team captain, you don't run and hide.

Agreed.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM

wow, yeah...that's not cool

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 02:21 PM
as in, it won't happen? Or you think they are great coach/GM combo?

A) Won't happen this year
B) Remains to be seen, because they have given the team chances to win.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 02:24 PM
A) Won't happen this year
B) Remains to be seen, because they have given the team chances to win.

We'll see, I use to think McDaniels would have 3 years, but with the team getting worse and fans starting to turn, it's going to hurt Bowlen's wallet.

Last few games are at home during holidays, if the stadium is 1/2 empty, I sense a change.

colonelbeef
10-25-2010, 02:24 PM

qft

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
I wonder how hard Lonnie (Bob) Paxton is trying to sway the locker room.

"Comeon guys, he gave me, a long snapper, 1.5 mil! He can't be all that bad!"

The quality of your posts has gone way down the last couple years. Nothing but smartass comments.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 02:30 PM
We'll see, I use to think McDaniels would have 3 years, but with the team getting worse and fans starting to turn, it's going to hurt Bowlen's wallet.

Last few games are at home during holidays, if the stadium is 1/2 empty, I sense a change.

Well, we're just gonna have to see what happens. Hopefully the team shows backbone and pride.

crowebomber
10-25-2010, 02:32 PM
I can't imagine a guy like Dawkins lying down to make some sort of point about practice being too hard. I really can't imagine many of the players doing that. If that were to happen I think we would have seen arguments between players during the game and on the sideline because I can't imagine everyone being on board with that.

Gort
10-25-2010, 02:32 PM
who on this roster would say such a thing. think about it. can you imagine anybody on this roster who'd feel comfortable enough in their stature and position on this team to "leak" such a rumor? i can't. the few guys in that position are McD guys, and/or were so obviously disgusted yesterday that it doesn't make sense that it could be them. if Scheffler or Marshall were still here, then yeah... i could imagine them saying this. they had axes to grind. but McD has rid the team of guys like that. look at the roster. who could be unhappy with playing time or have some other personal vendetta? i can't think of any. that's why i don't think this is coming from a player.

Hulamau
10-25-2010, 02:35 PM

He gives major props to players all the time Dip s*** !! Almost gave Ayers a key to the city two weeks ago before he was injured. Is usually very diplomatic when a player screws up, acknowledging his mistakes but giving the guy some props as well so as not to rub it in in public.

But since you obviously never listen to his daily pressers you wouldnt have the faintest idea and instead dribble this kind of crap out of your arse just to jump on the rumor bandwagon.

Pathetic really!, but I'm hardly surprised.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
He gives major props to players all the time Dip s*** !! Almost gave Ayers a key to the city two weeks ago before he was injured. Is usually very diplomatic when a player screws up, acknowledging his mistakes but giving the guy some props as well so as not to rub it in in public.

But since you obviously never listen to his daily pressers you wouldnt have the faintest idea and instead dribble this kind of crap out of your arse just to jump on the rumor bandwagon while jerkin'off in the closet.

Pathetic really!, but I'm hardly surprised.

mcdaniels has a habit of adding in qualifiers to the good stuff that happens in his pressers though. hell give credit, but immediately jump to what went wrong or what didnt happen. wish he would leave that stuff for later and just acknowledge a win and be happy with it.

Quoydogs
10-25-2010, 02:37 PM
If I was in charge and a player did this I would fire them on the spot. Don't care who they are they are gone. Don't even bother getting you **** I will mail it to you. GTFO !

TDmvp
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
I don't know about all the back story and drama but what we seen on the field yesterday was a team that quit regardless...

Can't fire Josh yet , but we better never see a gutless performance like that again .

Hulamau
10-25-2010, 02:39 PM
mcdaniels has a habit of adding in qualifiers to the good stuff that happens in his pressers though. hell give credit, but immediately jump to what went wrong or what didnt happen. wish he would leave that stuff for later and just acknowledge a win and be happy with it.

reviewing the game perhaps, but for players he's quick to praise a decent effort...and rarely if ever slams a guy in the press personally.

Hulamau
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
But if Josh really did tear into then for the Jets game and 'punished' the entire team that would be over the top as well and a mistake on his part. Time will tell it that was true?

TheProfessor
10-25-2010, 02:43 PM

In fairness to the kid he is just 34. I'll bet the farm he was absolutely shell shocked. Problem is, most 34 year olds don't have anywhere near the skill set to deal with something like that.

Now obviously Josh isn't just any 34 year old, but this looks to be spiraling out of control... real fast. Both the play on the field and his manerisms confirmed that.

Baring another 45+ pt loss he deserves to finish the season, and truth be told, the current economics of the NFL might give him next year as well.

But if Gary Miller's "Source" is right... Aw hell, we beter hope his source is wrong. I don't think any coach could survive a team quitting on them like that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-25-2010, 02:47 PM
who on this roster would say such a thing. think about it. can you imagine anybody on this roster who'd feel comfortable enough in their stature and position on this team to "leak" such a rumor? i can't. the few guys in that position are McD guys, and/or were so obviously disgusted yesterday that it doesn't make sense that it could be them. if Scheffler or Marshall were still here, then yeah... i could imagine them saying this. they had axes to grind. but McD has rid the team of guys like that. look at the roster. who could be unhappy with playing time or have some other personal vendetta? i can't think of any. that's why i don't think this is coming from a player.

Not only who would say it, but if this really was the conspiracy in the locker room, does anyone actually think guys like Dawk and Champ would stand around and let it happen without any sort of intervention?

Just doesn't add up to much.

Quoydogs
But if Josh really did tear into then for the Jets game and 'punished' the entire team that would be over the top as well and a mistake on his part. Time will tell it that was true?

For what they get paid if he wants to chew them out for a 100 point victory they should just down, have a coke and a smile and STFU.

Have you ever had a Dick for a boss ? Did you walk out ? If you did walk out were you making 750k + every year for working there ?

rbackfactory80
Poor millionaires upset about practice. I can't believe a coach would actually ask a team that can barely win a game to work harder.

He should have sent them to the Caribbean for the week.

Losing is becoming the culture of the Denver Broncos. Good teams that win keep winning and losing teams fall apart and continue falling apart. We are on a very slippery slope. Its similar to a teacher who has lost control of the class, and not only in the students and players having roughly the same IQ. Once control has been lost it can not be regained back in a quick fashion. Two things happen in this situation: 1. The teacher leaves the profession or moves. 2. He waits till next year and works on his philosophy of how to maximize his classes potential. If he truly has lost the locker-room it will be hard to gain back the respect of the athletes.

Garcia Bronco
10-25-2010, 02:53 PM
They get paid millions as group and they play like that? You guys trying to sort out the blame between are engaging in a useless exercise. They are all to blame. I don't give a **** if they lose and play hard. They didn't even play interested to get beat like that. **** those guys.

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Miss I's Top List of Why this is might be bull****
1. Was the source the light rail?
2. No such thing as a sports journalist. Sports gossip, but journalist, not those are as elusive as Big Foot, the Yeti, or a politician who doesn't lie.
3. Was the source of this information in anyway obtained by Baja while fishing?
4. Grown professionally paid athletes don't act like children...oh wait, that might be a fallacy...scratch that. Grown professional athletes who behaved like this should be ready to be fired so, it seems unlikely if they value their paycheck.
5. Tough practices should be something any NFL player is used to, so to come out and play chicken**** in relatiation is unlikely by an entire team, perhaps a few newbies, but not a whole team of professionals.
6. Oh one other thing, someone said why would a sports guy make this up? motivation? Oh I don't know, to get a new angle on an already miserable story, make a buck, because he's a jackass, just a theory as to why this could be and probably is a BS rumor.

anyway, my other two cents is if there is real substantiating proof they went all passive aggressive on McD and deliberately played like crap, I say fire em all and let Bowlen sort it out. ;D

rbackfactory80
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
McDaniels should put Maxi-pads on them with the way they played.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 03:00 PM
The quality of your posts has gone way down the last couple years. Nothing but smartass comments.

Did it coincide with the mCd hire?

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 03:01 PM
McDaniels should put Maxi-pads on them with the way they played.

they wish they were tough enough to wear maxipads.

What they should wear were Depends to clean up the **** they left all over the field. ;D

BlaK-Argentina
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
The team captains didn't do jack**** other than Orton. Dawkins wasn't suited up and players that aren't suited have no bearing at all. Champ looked like ****, he pussied out as he has many a time when the going gets tough. Moreno tried his best, but he's not a team captain. Orton tried his best but it looked like the OL was on opium or under some kind of magic spell where one of their feet was encased in concrete. Royal gave it a shot, kudos to him.

What the hell are you talking about man? I'm just saying they wouldn't allow the rest of the players to throw a game like this. It has nothing to do with their play on the field. This thread ain't about that. It is about a supposed "lay down" by the players to send a message to McD. That's BS IMO.

BTW I have no idea what you're talking about regarding Champ. He has never "pussied out". Never.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 03:04 PM
In fairness to the kid he is just 34. I'll bet the farm he was absolutely shell shocked. Problem is, most 34 year olds don't have anywhere near the skill set to deal with something like that.

Now obviously Josh isn't just any 34 year old, but this looks to be spiraling out of control... real fast. Both the play on the field and his manerisms confirmed that.

Baring another 45+ pt loss he deserves to finish the season, and truth be told, the current economics of the NFL might give him next year as well.

But if Gary Miller's "Source" is right... Aw hell, we beter hope his source is wrong. I don't think any coach could survive a team quitting on them like that.

Great post.

I said in the game thread that I wondered what he said at half time. He has 7-8 years of NFL experience on one team, a team that was used to driving up the score on other teams and going for it on 4th and 1 in the redzone up 30+. He has not seen how to overcome adversity like this at the NFL level. If he turns it around it would be EPIC.

rbackfactory80
10-25-2010, 03:10 PM
they wish they were tough enough to wear maxipads.

What they should wear were Depends to clean up the **** they left all over the field. ;D

Never underestimate the power of a woman, my bad.:strong:

broncswin
10-25-2010, 03:13 PM
They get paid millions as group and they play like that? You guys trying to sort out the blame between are engaging in a useless exercise. They are all to blame. I don't give a **** if they lose and play hard. They didn't even play interested to get beat like that. **** those guys.

I was about to add something to this thread....then I read Garcia's post and realized I was too late...^5

orinjkrush
10-25-2010, 03:20 PM
employees tend to mirror bosses. if players are acting immaturely, you can count on their supervisors acting that way. josh is very smart. he is not ready for prime time HC. he is not a leader of men. maybe high schoolers, but not professionals.
he needs to come to Jesus with the team, admit his mistakes and vow to work WITH them and not OVER them. (from someone who has no clue on what's going on in the locker room). sheesh.

Dedhed
10-25-2010, 04:06 PM
But the blow up really started when Orton misread the coverage and threw a pick six on the first play.

I had a bad feeling all week about this game, and after that play, I knew it was confirmed.

Beat the Chiefs twice, split with the Bolts and we win the division.

frerottenextelway
10-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Fire everyone.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Did it coincide with the mCd hire?

Yes.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 04:39 PM
What the hell are you talking about man? I'm just saying they wouldn't allow the rest of the players to throw a game like this. It has nothing to do with their play on the field. This thread ain't about that. It is about a supposed "lay down" by the players to send a message to McD. That's BS IMO.

BTW I have no idea what you're talking about regarding Champ. He has never "pussied out". Never.

Relax. I'm with you on about everything, but I'm saying the team captains let the team down, and I feel sure about that. I didn't say anything about a "lay down" or throwing the game.

And you yourself mentioned Champ walked off the field without shaking hands or talking to anybody. Champ is a captain on the team and should have spoke for the team after that loss. I'm sorry, but I'll stand by my "pussied out" comment.

I admire how you support the team.

BlaK-Argentina
10-25-2010, 05:59 PM
Relax. I'm with you on about everything, but I'm saying the team captains let the team down, and I feel sure about that. I didn't say anything about a "lay down" or throwing the game.

And you yourself mentioned Champ walked off the field without shaking hands or talking to anybody. Champ is a captain on the team and should have spoke for the team after that loss. I'm sorry, but I'll stand by my "pussied out" comment.

I admire how you support the team.

I mixed things up, sorry. I thought you were talking about Champ ON the field.

I'm not sure the captains could have done something to avoid that performance by the WHOLE team though. But they certainly didn't help, you're right.

TailgateNut
10-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Pass out the trailer load of tin foil hats. Anyone who believes this crapola is ready for a rubber room.

baja
10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
No it doesn't. Not really.

First is the fact that the defense was missing Ayers, Dawkins (and Goodman, still). Cox has been struggling as a rookie at corner, but even he got hurt, so the dial gets turned down another notch. They go to a 4-3 to try to contain the run and Haggan gets slid out to OLB, a spot that he conclusively demonstrated in preseason that he had no interest (or ability) in playing.

The Raiders, facing no pass rush, took the opportunity to run routes to confuse the heck out of the LBs and secondary. And the fact is that some of their players came up with very nice catches.

All preseason the Broncos had a problem against runs to the edge and McFadden ate them alive. Dawkins would have helped a lot ... but ....

All that notwithstanding, they still came close to stopping the Raiders on the first drive. Unfortunately, Campbell wasn't nearly as gimpy as reports suggested.

Then he fumbled on the second possession, deep in Denver territory.

21-0 just like that.

From that point on, the Raiders were able to completely ignore Denver's already weak running game and play action and they came after Orton full blast every play.

Meanwhile, the Oakland offense, being aware than Denver could make a run at them if their passing game got going, poured it on.

Mix in some frustration, a ridiculous difference in time of possession, some players trying to do too much, overrunning plays, etc. a missed holding call on a long run, a couple bad bounces of the ball .... and there you go. An a$$ kicking of biblical proportions.

This is the game I watched too. Toss is major shell shock and you have the story.

Popps
10-25-2010, 06:20 PM
This is the game I watched too. Toss is major shell shock and you have the story.

Yep, Old Guy nailed it. I felt weird about this game all week, and said that we needed to get out to a fast start so Oakland wouldn't go into spoiler mode. That team was so read to quit, and we just came out and handed them the game.

Oh well, time marches on.

Hopefully we can get Dawkins back this week. We need him, badly.

_Oro_
10-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Josh said in his Tuesday presser that the Thursday before the Raiders game was the first Thursday they hadn't practiced in pads.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
And Champ scoffed at this theory in the presser. Words from 2 different people there confirmed his reaction.

Popps
10-26-2010, 05:27 PM
For what they get paid if he wants to chew them out for a 100 point victory they should just down, have a coke and a smile and STFU.

Have you ever had a Dick for a boss ? Did you walk out ? If you did walk out were you making 750k + every year for working there ?

But see, Josh was mean to them.

Mean.

(Actually, he probably wasn't... as the rumor has no footing, but still... he COULD have been mean to them. Think of the horror. )

Popps
10-26-2010, 05:28 PM
Josh said in his Tuesday presser that the Thursday before the Raiders game was the first Thursday they hadn't practiced in pads.

The conspiracy theory continues to crumble.

Actually, seems like last year we had a melt-down when Josh took it easy on the team, as well. (Baltimore?)

This rumor might only be false, but the complete opposite may be true.

Dudeskey
10-26-2010, 05:32 PM

If thats the case, he's lost the team.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 05:44 PM

Champ Bailey openly scoffs at you.

Popps
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Right.

I mean, as long as you don't look at any factual information, it's probably the case.

Taco John
10-26-2010, 06:10 PM
Do 14 points against the Raiders at home against their 59 count as factual information?

I don't know if the team has thrown their hands up on Josh or not. I'm baffled by the week to week performance between the Jets and the Raiders. It seems to corroborate Miller's report. Why would Gary Miller just flat make this up though? That's not been his style.

I don't know if they've turned on Josh or not. What I do know is that losing like this after the week we had against the Jets shows *something* isn't right.

Hamrob
10-26-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't believe for one second that this team quit. The coaching was atrocious and the team is banged up beyond belief. They had cox, Vaughn and Thompson playing in the secondary all game. 3 rookie CB's...give me a break. The defense was going to give up some points. What's not acceptable to me and should be the responsibility of the head coach...are the turnovers, the penalties and the lack of offense (Isn't that JM's specialty?).

This team is not great...but, they are not as bad as they played either. They're an average team that can play with most teams in this league on any given Sunday when prepared appropriately.

frerottenextelway
10-26-2010, 06:14 PM
If the team didn't quit, does that mean that was our best effort?

_Oro_
10-26-2010, 06:26 PM
If the team didn't quit, does that mean that was our best effort?

Obviously they quit, but why?

Dudeskey
10-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Right.

I mean, as long as you don't look at any factual information, it's probably the case.

at this point there really isn't anything factual other than conflicting reports. I sincerely hope he hasn't "lost" this team.

bombay
10-26-2010, 06:37 PM

I'm in full agreement with this sentiment.

baja
10-26-2010, 06:39 PM

Personally I am disappointed any poster here would entertain that thought for even one second.

Dagmar
10-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Personally I am disappointed any poster here would entertain that thought for even one second.

Don't you get why? If it fits with their agenda people will believe anything, whether it be Coach or QB change.

Chris
10-26-2010, 06:53 PM
I heard Mcdaniels tried to eat a few puppies before the game so they quit on him. Fire Mcdaniels.

Taco John
10-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Here's me in the first quarter watching the game on Sunday.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/17sX3z0SMYg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/17sX3z0SMYg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

baja
10-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Here's me in the first quarter watching the game on Sunday.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/17sX3z0SMYg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/17sX3z0SMYg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

That's not you, you can clearly make out the go_broncos tattoo on his thigh.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-26-2010, 08:24 PM
http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

The Raiders are definitely more talented than the Broncos.

Name anyone on your team that compares to Darren McFadden. Zach Miller? Richard Seymour? Asomugha?

tsiguy96
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
The Raiders are definitely more talented than the Broncos.

Name anyone on your team that compares to Darren McFadden. Zach Miller? Richard Seymour? Asomugha?

so you hand pick their positions of strength, ignoring where denver is better?

name any one of them as good as orton? name one of their WR that is better than our 4th WR? what about clady?

quit being dumb all the time, seriously.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-26-2010, 08:47 PM
so you hand pick their positions of strength, ignoring where denver is better?

name any one of them as good as orton? name one of their WR that is better than our 4th WR? what about clady?

quit being dumb all the time, seriously.

I don't see any threats on Denver's roster.

McFadden, Miller, Seymour and Asomugha look like top shelf talent this year. And Michael Bush is no slouch.

Oakland's also racking up the sacks...didn't realize that.

baja
10-26-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't see any threats on Denver's roster.

McFadden, Miller, Seymour and Asomugha look like top shelf talent this year. And Michael Bush is no slouch.

Oakland's also racking up the sacks...didn't realize that.

McFadden & Seymour had great games.

I think the Raiders finally got woken up and they are going to play lights out the rest of the season and if you want the AFCW you will have to go through them.

bronco militia
10-26-2010, 09:09 PM
McFadden & Seymour had great games.

I think the Raiders finally got woken up and they are going to play lights out the rest of the season and if you want the AFCW you will have to go through them.

Ha!Ha!Ha!

I want what ever you're smoking

Popps
10-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Do 14 points against the Raiders at home against their 59 count as factual information?

No sir, they do not.

That is called losing a football game badly.

In order to prove this was some kind of uprising or revolt against the coach, you'll need more than losing a football game.

Teams lose every week. Sometimes badly.

All factual information points to the fact that McDaniels did NOT come down on the team too hard. He praised them and gave them Thursday practice without pads. He also praised their prior (Jets) effort THIS week in the press conference.

Now a respected member of the team came out and basically laughed at the conspiracy theory.

Again, Taco... I have fun playing along with the gag. But, you know the deal. Push a conspiracy theory, and YOU need to be the one bringing evidence to the table, not the people without the tinfoil hats.

Broncomutt
10-26-2010, 10:04 PM
Popps Conspiracy Theories>>>> Gary Miller actual player Interviews

strafen
10-26-2010, 10:12 PM
No sir, they do not.

That is called losing a football game badly.

In order to prove this was some kind of uprising or revolt against the coach, you'll need more than losing a football game.

Teams lose every week. Sometimes badly.

All factual information points to the fact that McDaniels did NOT come down on the team too hard. He praised them and gave them Thursday practice without pads. He also praised their prior (Jets) effort THIS week in the press conference.

Now a respected member of the team came out and basically laughed at the conspiracy theory.

Again, Taco... I have fun playing along with the gag. But, you know the deal. Push a conspiracy theory, and YOU need to be the one bringing evidence to the table, not the people without the tinfoil hats.Miller confirmed what he said this morning. I've heard it from the horse's mouth.
He said it was an inside Bronco close to the team.
You can say all you want in an effort to do some damage control of your own here, as you would defend McDaniels to death, but that's just that, popps blowing smoke out of his ass trying to confuse people, and now calling it a conspiracy theory.
Haven't we've heard this kind of crap from you before?
Continue on...

strafen
10-26-2010, 10:17 PM

I don't know if the team has thrown their hands up on Josh or not. I'm baffled by the week to week performance between the Jets and the Raiders. It seems to corroborate Miller's report. Why would Gary Miller just flat make this up though? That's not been his style.

I don't know if they've turned on Josh or not. What I do know is that losing like this after the week we had against the Jets shows *something* isn't right.According to popps a game in which McD talked all last week about rivalry and how new players are learning about this rivalry between the Broncos and the Raiders, and how he was preparing for this game, and losing at HOME 59-14 is his mind not factual.

Gary miller has a nice reputation and he wouldn't come out and say what he said if it wasn't true, but according to popps who lives 1800 miles away, has it already figured out. It is a conspiracy!

Miss I.
10-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Hey you know who also used to have a nice "reputation" as a news person, Dan Rather. But then, he went on air with a story about George Bush, without verifying the source data, and oh yes, that ended well for all. CBS had to apologize and Dan Rather is retired. And he reported actual news, not sports gossip. Geezus, this story has bull**** written all over. Maybe as a fan of the team, he would rather believe the team sold out their coach on purpose then believe they just didn't play well enough to beat the Raiders, who the hell knows. But as Occam's Razor stipulates, When competing hypotheses are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selection of the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities while still sufficiently answering the question and you know which theory does that? The most likely answer is....wait for it...We played badly because we were not prepared and the Raiders were.

Broncomutt
10-26-2010, 10:42 PM
How many quarters did it take for the Raiders to score 59?

Most of that was 4th quarter garbage time right?

Nobody quit right?

Miss I.
10-26-2010, 10:51 PM
Oh I think we quit. I think we quit in the first quarter, but I don't think it was some rebellion against the coach. Let me put it this way, if it was, those players need to go on record. This reporter needs to name his "sources" because every single one of them that "said" they did this on purpose because they were made to practice "too hard" should be on the street. I may not be happy with the coach, but you dont' do that as a professional athlete who's paid way too much to behave like that. Any of those guys who "said" they did that should be fired. Immediately. Asshats.

strafen
10-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey you know who also used to have a nice "reputation" as a news person, Dan Rather. But then, he went on air with a story about George Bush, without verifying the source data, and oh yes, that ended well for all. CBS had to apologize and Dan Rather is retired. And he reported actual news, not sports gossip. Geezus, this story has bull**** written all over. Maybe as a fan of the team, he would rather believe the team sold out their coach on purpose then believe they just didn't play well enough to beat the Raiders, who the hell knows. But as Occam's Razor stipulates, When competing hypotheses are equal in other respects, the principle recommends selection of the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities while still sufficiently answering the question and you know which theory does that? The most likely answer is....wait for it...We played badly because we were not prepared and the Raiders were.

Hilarious!

24champ
10-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Miller confirmed what he said this morning. I've heard it from the horse's mouth.
He said it was an inside Bronco close to the team.

Who? The Water boy?

We've already got a prominent player on the team scoffing at this conspiracy theory. Nobody has come out against Josh McDaniels, there's nothing holding up Gary Miller's "report".

Let's call it what it is...a debunked rumor and move on.

Popps
10-26-2010, 11:05 PM
But dude, he said it was an inside source. Like, when has one of those ever been wrong?

It's an uprising. 53 grown men collectively decided to have a "pout-revolt" to show McD who is boss. Orton had to be the ring leader. That INT was SO on purpose.

In fact, I watched it in super slo-mo and Kyle mouths the words "#### you PoopyDrawers" as he released the ball.

It's so obvious. I mean, what better way for a bunch of players to make their point than to make themselves a laughing stock among their peers?

Wake up dude.

Miss I.
10-26-2010, 11:17 PM
Hilarious!

Are you done behaving like a child? Let's take for arguments sake, this miller guy has players on the team saying this to him. Do we want players on our team that deliberately sabotage us because they are angry at the coach? it may be indicative of a problem with his control of the team, but it is also quite illustrative of the type of players we dont' want on our team either. I don't believe our actual leaders on the team, Champ, Dawk, Orton would ever have said or supported these actions and those are valid sources. If this guy got his info from 2 year old scrubs on this team, put those as sources as reliable and intelligent as Jamarcus Russell who also thought he was all that and above practice, etc.

baja
10-26-2010, 11:19 PM
But dude, he said it was an inside source. Like, when has one of those ever been wrong?

It's an uprising. 53 grown men collectively decided to have a "pout-revolt" to show McD who is boss. Orton had to be the ring leader. That INT was SO on purpose.

In fact, I watched it in super slo-mo and Kyle mouths the words "#### you PoopyDrawers" as he released the ball.

It's so obvious. I mean, what better way for a bunch of players to make their point than to make themselves a laughing stock among their peers?

Wake up dude.

Josefina has been strangely quiet about this mutiny. One would think she would be all over this.

24champ
10-26-2010, 11:26 PM

Wake up dude.

My bad, I'm just having a hard time assimilating with Strafens crew...

http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/28/2810/I3YOD00Z.jpg

Popps
10-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Josefina has been strangely quiet about this mutiny. One would think she would be all over this.

She's been busy comforting the team.

baja
10-26-2010, 11:28 PM
She's been busy comforting the team.

So I got it backwards she's all under this?

Hulamau
10-26-2010, 11:53 PM
Oh I think we quit. I think we quit in the first quarter, but I don't think it was some rebellion against the coach. Let me put it this way, if it was, those players need to go on record. This reporter needs to name his "sources" because every single one of them that "said" they did this on purpose because they were made to practice "too hard" should be on the street. I may not be happy with the coach, but you dont' do that as a professional athlete who's paid way too much to behave like that. Any of those guys who "said" they did that should be fired. Immediately. Asshats.

Amen Girl!!

tsiguy96
10-27-2010, 03:23 AM
to be fair, last year when tennessee was 0-6 and just lost 59-0, their message board absolutely blew the **** up too. i was reading it, i love reading message boards from fan bases in distress.

Dagmar
10-27-2010, 06:57 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16442435

The fact that fans here discount EVERYTHING written in this article proves what whiny agenda driven pussies they are.

Rabb
10-27-2010, 07:01 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16442435

The fact that fans here discount EVERYTHING written in this article proves what whiny agenda driven pussies they are.

don't generalize

I am personally not discounting anything, but it's just impossible for me to believe that Gary Miller who works for the channel that is the official Broncos partner would just make that up

whatever though, nothing we can do but move on

CEH
10-27-2010, 07:02 AM
Gary Miller is discussing exactly this issue right now after I aked the question in the chat room to help explain the difference between what Gary heard and what Mike as written

It's on right now . 7:56 am Chris chatted in

You can go listen to Kils and Miller discuss this contradiction

Again going back to the first page I applauded Josh for being hard on the players after the Jets game

Dagmar
10-27-2010, 07:12 AM
don't generalize

I am personally not discounting anything, but it's just impossible for me to believe that Gary Miller who works for the channel that is the official Broncos partner would just make that up

whatever though, nothing we can do but move on

I understand, when things go so badly I try and defend the other side, there aren't many people who think this was an anomaly of a game, I do. I think it was a complete **** the bed WTF happened game of WTF after 5 minutes. A poor 1st D drive followed by two catastrophic **** ups that left us screwed and shell shocked at home after 5 minutes.

Very few believe that and are going after the coach, all I see is Gary Miller, who I respect, making reports, in the emotional 24 hours after the game backed up by no quotes.

I respect how angry Vic and Gary were but part of me thinks they reacted more like fans than journalists.

colonelbeef
10-27-2010, 07:17 AM
Ah thank god!

Now we can go back to blaming the record setting ass kicking on the true culprits-

terrible coaching, lack of talent and leadership, and poor schemes offensively and defensively.

Really puts McDaniels in such a better light, right fellow fanboys???!!!?

:::FIST PUMPSS:::

Broncomutt
10-27-2010, 08:01 AM
I heard, after the game, the players actually hoisted McDaniels on their shoulder and carried him off the field.

I can't confirm it though because by that point all the Broncos fans had left the stadium.....driven home.....eaten dinner....and finished cleaning their garages.:egbgb:

Ray Finkle
10-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Gary Miller is discussing exactly this issue right now after I aked the question in the chat room to help explain the difference between what Gary heard and what Mike as written

It's on right now . 7:56 am Chris chatted in

You can go listen to Kils and Miller discuss this contradiction

Again going back to the first page I applauded Josh for being hard on the players after the Jets game

send a recap for those that can't listen.

strafen
10-27-2010, 08:07 AM

Wake up dude.At least there are sources.
Last year you made up this story about Hillis being dumb and unable to learn the playbook. We vnever heard that from the media, did we?

You've had the advantage of having a loyal following of clowns here who would support every senseless bull**** you say here, but never were you able to provide reliable information pertaining to Hillis.
He has proven all you clowns wrong, hasn't he?
Yup, thought so too.

Now, the tables are turned, and of course in typical popps fashion (going with the wind direction) is now trying to shove down people's throat that what Gary Miller said, couldn't have possibly happenned citing "sources"

Popps, I think it is clear you're a fake. Stop why you're still looking like an ass...

WolfpackGuy
10-27-2010, 08:09 AM
If the players claim they didn't quit, then the team is in really bad shape.

Maybe they can stay within 45 points of the Niners.

Beantown Bronco
10-27-2010, 08:09 AM
At least there are sources.
Last year you made up this story about Hillis being dumb and unable to learn the playbook. We vnever heard that from the media, did we?

Ummmmm.....actually, we pretty much heard it from McD just about 2-3 weeks ago when he was asked point blank why he let Hillis go, considering how good he was looking in Cleveland and how bad our running game was looking.

Ray Finkle
10-27-2010, 08:10 AM
At least there are sources.

That was said by a few people there were insiders here before Shanahan's ouster. Drop Michael Lombardi an email and ask him.....he'll give you an honest response about Hillis.

colonelbeef
10-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Ummmmm.....actually, we pretty much heard it from McD just about 2-3 weeks ago when he was asked point blank why he let Hillis go, considering how good he was looking in Cleveland and how bad our running game was looking.

And one thing we know is that we can trust Josh McDaniels to make sound decisions on personnel.

Rohirrim
10-27-2010, 08:43 AM
The players quit. After they quit, the Raiders kicked their asses.

bendog
10-27-2010, 08:44 AM
And certainly we can trust him not to lie to the media while stabbing a player. But, imo, Hillis is pretty much ... jouneyman talent. Of course, he'd fit right in here on that level. lol

bendog
10-27-2010, 08:45 AM

faide kicked their asses for the first 30 odd pts, then they quit, and then the faide kicked their asses some more.

baja
10-27-2010, 09:04 AM

Sometimes shell shock and the following confusion will look like the players quit. Last Sunday was one of those times. 21 points in about 5 minutes will do that to a team. We did try to fight back and it looked like for a while the O was going to get us back into the game but the D could not hold up their end, they had no answer for the Raiders. This is the real concern going forward, the defense. I would not call this a case of a team quitting. If you want an example of what that looks like go back and review the last three games of the 08 season.

If McD and boys don't figure out how to field a decent D the 49ers will kick our asses too.

CEH
10-27-2010, 09:06 AM
send a recap for those that can't listen.

Unfortunately the kids interrupted me being time for school so I'm hoping to find a podcast of the discussion

Ray Finkle
10-27-2010, 09:09 AM
Unfortunately the kids interrupted me being time for school so I'm hoping to find a podcast of the discussion

Dammit CEH! you have a commitment to this forum :D

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-28-2010, 07:18 AM

I don't know if they've turned on Josh or not. What I do know is that losing like this after the week we had against the Jets shows *something* isn't right.

He works in sports talk radio now, not just a 10 minute sports segment on the evening news. In sports talk radio, guys routinely throw **** against the wall to see what sticks. They make up "sources" and "people close to the situation," and it's awfully tough to listen to someone lying to you constantly.

Every player that has spoken on that station since Miller's "source" came out has denied that anything like this is true.

The MVPlaya
10-28-2010, 07:21 AM
There are probably more reasons for someone to make that up than not... check this thread. His name just got out that much more.

And the fact that team didn't practice in pads for the first time last Thursday pretty much proves how ****in gullible you morons are (yes you Taco).

Tombstone RJ
10-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Taco, gullible, naaaah!

Popps
10-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Taco, gullible, naaaah!

http://www.comicbookgalaxy.com/blog/uploaded_images/x-files-believe-796806.jpg

Cito Pelon
11-07-2010, 12:12 AM
FWIW, I heard on the radio just this past Friday why there was few players in the lockerroom for interviews after the loss.

It was because Josh went to the interview room way later than normal. Apparently, players can't be interviewed until Josh first speaks to the media after a game. So because Josh made the media wait for 20 minutes before he took questions, that meant the players were long gone by the time the media had a chance to interview them. Again, FWIW.

The speculation by the radio guys was the reason Josh was late for the media session was because he was getting his ass reamed by Bowlen and Ellis. Again, FWIW.

footstepsfrom#27
11-07-2010, 01:29 AM
He works in sports talk radio now, not just a 10 minute sports segment on the evening news. In sports talk radio, guys routinely throw **** against the wall to see what sticks. They make up "sources" and "people close to the situation," and it's awfully tough to listen to someone lying to you constantly.

Every player that has spoken on that station since Miller's "source" came out has denied that anything like this is true.
Oh come on now...

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/04/skipbayless.jpg

oubronco
11-07-2010, 11:09 AM

I beg to differ did you watch that putrid excuse for effort they looked like they could care less if it was the Raiders or whoever they just didn't show up to play.....Period