PDA

View Full Version : Divison title still in our own hands

eddie mac
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I've had a sobering thought believe it or not.

If we win out, we win the division on a better divisional record regardless of how KC or anyone else does.

I realise right now we are a million miles away from that and whilst most of us are still picking up our bottom lip, whilst there's hope there's a chance.

Somehow McDaniels got this team to 6-0 last year. You dont win 6 games back to back via luck. They had something last year from the get go and McDaniels and the players need to find that again.

I actually think a blow-out like this and a wee trip across the water to see us Brits might do our guys a bit of good and they may well come out fighting against the 9ers.

BTW none of the above will happen without Dawkins and some of his friends coming back. 59-14 would never had happened with him on the field.

Sits back and awaits the 'stay off the drugs, the drink, are you ****ing blind' comments.

I dont give a ****, I love this team and never give up on a Broncos season until the whistle blows on it.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Drunken Irish fool...

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Win out? I'm not sure we win again. Sunday morning I figured we were legit to get to the bye week at 4-4 with a shot at the division on the back side. The team that went out there yesterday...well, that just wasn't a team I ever want to see play again. I don't know who those guys were out there wearing Broncos jerseys but they sure as hell weren't NFL caliber players. Maybe if our squad decides to show up at some point we can win some games but yesterday was a disgusting bit of heart ripping agony.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Like I said in another thread name one team to get beat down like this at home that still made the playoffs let alone won the division. We just don't have enough talent to over come the injuries and the poor front office we have. The only way I could see it is if we didn't lose another game vs the AFC west teams and after yesterday I don't see how anyone can believe that is going to happen.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
;)

I actually think the London trip is coming at a perfect time for us. It's a great chance to build camaraderie and become more unified in the face of what happened yesterday

Be very interesting to see what happens against San Fran.

This team has hit the bottom, can we drag ourselves up again?

loborugger
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I am not mired in the pity mud like much of the fan base on here, and I realize that even good teams lose their minds from time to time, but what about this team makes you think they are going to win the 3 divisional road games? And thats just a start. You add those 3 up as loses, and the best they can do is 8 & 8. I mean hey, mathematically, anything is possible - meaning a 2 & 14 season is possible. And while I dont see 2 & 14 as realistic, I also dont see winning the division as realistic, either.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 10:14 AM
This team just got humiliated by the Raiders. The Chiefs and Chargers are going to take them apart.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
I like it! I just talked myself into 6-3 the rest of the way. Car bombs for everyone!

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Win out, win the division?
Can you give me your dealer's contact info please, because whatever you are getting must be freakin good.

Cito Pelon

If we win out, we win the division on a better divisional record regardless of how KC or anyone else does.
I realise right now we are a million miles away from that and whilst most of us are still picking up our bottom lip, whilst there's hope there's a chance.

Somehow McDaniels got this team to 6-0 last year. You dont win 6 games back to back via luck. They had something last year from the get go and McDaniels and the players need to find that again.

I actually think a blow-out like this and a wee trip across the water to see us Brits might do our guys a bit of good and they may well come out fighting against the 9ers.

BTW none of the above will happen without Dawkins and some of his friends coming back. 59-14 would never had happened with him on the field.

Sits back and awaits the 'stay off the drugs, the drink, are you ****ing blind' comments.

I dont give a ****, I love this team and never give up on a Broncos season until the whistle blows on it.

True.

If you get your ass kicked, you get your ass kicked, everybody that has played sports has had their ass kicked many a time, even if they don't want to remember it. The key is to come out fighting hard AFTER you've had your ass kicked. We'll see how this team responds.

eddie mac
I am not mired in the pity mud like much of the fan base on here, and I realize that even good teams lose their minds from time to time, but what about this team makes you think they are going to win the 3 divisional road games? And thats just a start. You add those 3 up as loses, and the best they can do is 8 & 8. I mean hey, mathematically, anything is possible - meaning a 2 & 14 season is possible. And while I dont see 2 & 14 as realistic, I also dont see winning the division as realistic, either.

Cos they won all 3 last year.LOL

Popps
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Dawkins can't come back soon enough.

Ambiguous
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
True.

If you get your ass kicked, you get your ass kicked, everybody that has played sports has had their ass kicked many a time, even if they don't want to remember it. The key is to come out fighting hard AFTER you've had your ass kicked. We'll see how this team responds.

This team isn't going to respond to ****... They could have responded at any time during that abortion yesterday.

eddie mac
10-25-2010, 10:28 AM
Look dont get me wrong, I was as angry as anyone last night after that debacle and if that was the final game of the season I would've sulked for weeks about this humiliation.

Difference being there's still 9 games left so whilst we still have football to play I expect a proud franchise to find a way to be competitive in games and keep any small playoff chances alive whilst they still can.

I realise we still cant run the ball with any efficiency, I also realise we cant defend the run on a consistent basis and yesterday we just fell apart within the first 10 mins of the game. 3 mistakes put the game out of reach and we never recovered.

I've looked at the schedule and whilst there are some teams on there like the Chiefs who are playing well, whenever we are playing our best football there's no-one on that list we shouldn't be able to compete with.

Furthermore I think a lot of people's jobs depend on the reaction from here onwards.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 10:29 AM
Win out, win the division?
Can you give me your dealer's contact info please, because whatever you are getting must be freakin good.

You're quitting already? Quitters never win, that's a given.

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:34 AM

you need to drink more if that's your reality.

Rascal
10-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Know who has the shakiest job in America right now: the guy that came up with the brilliant idea of sending the Broncos and the 49ers to London as examples of what the NFL has to offer.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 10:36 AM

The team quit yesterday!

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 10:37 AM

Nothing I've seen from this team makes me think they have any shot at winning 9 straight games against solid opponents.

Chris
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM
I view it as one game. Terrible yes... but there's the potential for it to be a massive wake up call to everyone and their egos. We can still do well.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Until they lose 8, I will still hope for a miracle, but it bothers me that they are now 1-5 in AFC play and don't even have a chance to improve on that mark with a win in London on Saturday.

Old Dude
10-25-2010, 11:55 AM
Until they lose 8, I will still hope for a miracle, but it bothers me that they are now 1-5 in AFC play and don't even have a chance to improve on that mark with a win in London on Saturday.

Conference records don't mean much unless you're talking about wild card tie-breakers, and the one thing that seems certain is that there won't be a wild card coming out of the AFC West.

Personally, I think the playoffs are now a pipe dream for this year. Statistically, the chances of a 2-5 team making the playoffs are something like 1 in 40.

Realistically, I think the team needs to settle on an offensive line, quit screwing around with moves in and out, and gadget plays, and work hard on teaching the youngsters some fundamentals.

I don't think Tebow is the answer at this point; he'd just get killed in there. He has his own fundamentals to work on.

Defensively, about all we can do is to grin and bear it until some of the injured starters get back. The remaining schedule is still probably easy enough that the team can pick up 3 or 4 more wins. 5-11. Maybe 6-10.

Then hope we have a season at all next year.

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
The Chiefs have this division in the bag.

chawknz
10-25-2010, 12:08 PM
Please. I love the Broncos but stop talking about having the division in our hands. We don't. We're not even close. We'll be lucky not to finish last in the division.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
The team quit yesterday!

I don't quit. Just can't. It may seem silly in light of recent events, but I can't quit. Quitting in sports never pays off, that's a given.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Nothing I've seen from this team makes me think they have any shot at winning 9 straight games against solid opponents.

So what? Quitters never win, period.

TheReverend
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM

And since then opponents have had adequate game film. I do wish I could share your optimism though.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 12:36 PM
What a joke of a thread. This team is going nowhere. If they can manage to win 2-3 more games it would be a surprise.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 12:37 PM
First let's win a game before we talk about playoffs.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 12:41 PM
We are too god damn gimmicky

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
People here are ****ing retarded, this forum is almost as bad as the broncomania forums. We won't win again? We almost beat the Colts and the Jets this year, jesus ****ing christ. Wow, the loss was bad, yea we know we all saw it. Our season isn't over, we WILL win more games, find a way to enjoy it and keep yourself off suicide watch in the meantime.

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
What a joke of a thread. This team is going nowhere. If they can manage to win 2-3 more games it would be a surprise.

You, are literally the worst poster on these boards. Go find something else to do if all you can muster up is acting like a 5 year old girl.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 12:45 PM
Know who has the shakiest job in America right now: the guy that came up with the brilliant idea of sending the Broncos and the 49ers to London as examples of what the NFL has to offer.

In week 8 the NFL is showcasing a matchup between 2 teams that have 3 wins between them.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 12:49 PM
You, are literally the worst poster on these boards. Go find something else to do if all you can muster up is acting like a 5 year old girl.

Agreed.

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 12:51 PM
In week 8 the NFL is showcasing a matchup between 2 teams that have 3 wins between them.

Okay for the geniuses on the other side of the pond, the 49ers are pretty popular over here for some reason so that's probably part of the reason for it. Do you know what they really hype about it though is the history of the franchises, more so the 49ers because it's their home game technically, but thats what they see. They talk about SFs superbowl victories, about Jerry Rice coming to town and they've been showing interviews with Joe Montana over here. That's the SF they think about. They also discuss prior pairings like when SF blew us out in the Superbowl. They do talk about Elway and Floyd Little coming over here as part of the festivities too, but mostly they emphasis the glorious history of the SF 49ers, downplaying current records. They did the same thing when the Miami Dolphins played (and they were pretty awful at the time if I recall).

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM

The Toilet Bowl brought to you by ACME Plungers.

"When you lay a turd too big for the bowl ACME plungers will clear the way."

Popps
We are too god damn gimmicky

And now you have people talking about swapping out QB's to a guy who's probably a 2-3 year project to be an NFL starter.

The bottom line is, we were around a .500 team BEFORE we lost a bunch of key players to injury.

I don't mind a rocky season. I expected it. I believe the payoff will come in the long term. I mean, I'd like to win every weekend, but I'd rather build a solid foundation than hover around .500 forever.

That said, you can't come out and do what we did yesterday. That was just freakish. Oakland didn't even have to try.

Honestly, did it not look like we threw that game? If an NFL team was throwing a game, isn't that exactly what it would look like?

Cito Pelon
People here are ****ing retarded, this forum is almost as bad as the broncomania forums. We won't win again? We almost beat the Colts and the Jets this year, jesus ****ing christ. Wow, the loss was bad, yea we know we all saw it. Our season isn't over, we WILL win more games, find a way to enjoy it and keep yourself off suicide watch in the meantime.

Yeah, one would think this being the senior board of them all, we wouldn't have so many panties in a wad, would have some more posters with intestinal fortitude.

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah, one would think this being the senior board of them all, we wouldn't have so many panties in a wad, would have some more posters with intestinal fortitude.

That game, and this team, are laughable. I'm laughing. They're a joke this morning and, to their credit, they earned every bit of it yesterday. I'm not going to sit here and gleefully polish the turd they laid into a golden nugget. That's McKid's job, not mine. I'm just going to have to have some fun with this.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
And now you have people talking about swapping out QB's to a guy who's probably a 2-3 year project to be an NFL starter.

The bottom line is, we were around a .500 team BEFORE we lost a bunch of key players to injury.

I don't mind a rocky season. I expected it. I believe the payoff will come in the long term. I mean, I'd like to win every weekend, but I'd rather build a solid foundation than hover around .500 forever.

That said, you can't come out and do what we did yesterday. That was just freakish. Oakland didn't even have to try.

Honestly, did it not look like we threw that game? If an NFL team was throwing a game, isn't that exactly what it would look like?

I agree Popps

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM

Ahem..ahem...when I was a 5 year old girl I did not act like this and I could've kicked all your arses. ;D

RaiderH8r
10-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Ahem..ahem...when I was a 5 year old girl I did not act like this and I could've kicked all your arses. ;D

I'm pretty sure you could have also run up a quick 24 points against yesterday's Broncos too.

Tom Cable, beats women but pulls starters against the Broncos. Why? Women put up more of a fight.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 01:01 PM
This team just got humiliated by the Raiders. The Chiefs and Chargers are going to take them apart.

The Cheffies...probably...but the Chargers look just as pathetic as Denver did yesterday even though the score wasn't as bad.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Classic. The homers have recovered and are starting in on the fans who could see this coming from miles away. Didn't think it would be Raiders but whatever.

Funny that people think attacking someone, crying about the way they post, makes them more of a man. The team stinks and I said they stink. Oh well deal with it.

They won't be happy until the board is a bunch of homers and women that just agree with each other all day long.

Not my fault the defense only 2-3 real nfl starters on it. The rest is trash or too old.

extralife
10-25-2010, 01:07 PM

If I keep spouting out aphorisms, I'll never have to think again!

Steve Prefontaine
10-25-2010, 01:15 PM

nah, if they were just throwing the game, it would have been closer. they had to put effort into losing that badly

Popps
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
nah, if they were just throwing the game, it would have been closer. they had to put effort into losing that badly

Hilarious!

Good point. Looked too obvious.

Rascal
10-25-2010, 01:19 PM
The game looked like they didn't care and didn't want to be there.

Why not put Tebow in...Orton isn't our QB of the future. FWIW, I would prefer to wait 2-3 more weeks (after the bye would be fine).

strafen
10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
I view it as one game. Terrible yes... but there's the potential for it to be a massive wake up call to everyone and their egos. We can still do well.
This is a good example of what a homer is all about! LOL

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 01:27 PM
If the Broncos are good enough to realistically be a playoff contender then I am a homer as well. It's not until its so obvious it can't be denied anymore that I flip the switch.

That was this past offseason when I saw the makeup of the defense, the young unproven oline, the injury to our best olineman, and best OLB, and the FA that I saw as reaches at best.

Popps
10-25-2010, 01:34 PM
The game looked like they didn't care and didn't want to be there.

Why not put Tebow in...Orton isn't our QB of the future. FWIW, I would prefer to wait 2-3 more weeks (after the bye would be fine).

Orton can execute this offense brilliantly, and has shown ability to make basically any throw needed. Give him some blocking, a running game and any sort of defense... and he's definitely QBOTF material, or at least good enough to win with.

How can people possibly make this about the QB? There were so many problems out there yesterday, and people just want to blame the QB?

Again, proving my theory on the subject.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 01:35 PM
That game, and this team, are laughable. I'm laughing. They're a joke this morning and, to their credit, they earned every bit of it yesterday. I'm not going to sit here and gleefully polish the turd they laid into a golden nugget. That's McKid's job, not mine. I'm just going to have to have some fun with this.

That's fine, I fully expect that. Have at it, lad.

oubronco
10-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes we lost a very humiliating game but the bright side is we got this outof the way now hopefully everyone of them looks in the mirror and gets this ship righted

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM
If I keep spouting out aphorisms, I'll never have to think again!

Good for you! I've had you marked as a sissy for a long time.

crazyhorse
10-25-2010, 01:49 PM
You're 2 and a half games behind the Chiefs. It is possible you could win out and still not win the division.

Of course the thread is a little crazy in the 1st place. But the logic is off. We would have to lose on your bye week for you to be guaranteed the division.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 02:03 PM

I'd like to have you on a team.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 02:24 PM
The Cheffies...probably...but the Chargers look just as pathetic as Denver did yesterday even though the score wasn't as bad.

At this point, I'll cling to any hope, no matter how thin. ;D

extralife
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Good for you! I've had you marked as a sissy for a long time.

It's all over for me

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM

I'm not getting my hopes up to see them crashed. I view sports realistically, not optimistically.
Go ahead and call me a quitter, but I'll mark it down that this team will not even come close to sniffing the playoffs this year. Heck, I expect us to finish at best 6-10 right now, going 4-5 the rest of the way. No game can be marked down as a win at this point and its going to be a dog fight getting any win.

SlipperyPete
10-25-2010, 02:51 PM
All crazy talk aside, the basic theory in the OP is false. We can't win out and still win the division regardless of what anyone else does.

We're 2-5. KC is 4-2. There's a 3 game difference in the loss column. Even if we won every remaining game, including 2 over KC, they would still be a game ahead of us. They would also have to lose somewhere else along the way.

Old Dude
10-25-2010, 03:05 PM
You're 2 and a half games behind the Chiefs. It is possible you could win out and still not win the division.

Of course the thread is a little crazy in the 1st place. But the logic is off. We would have to lose on your bye week for you to be guaranteed the division.

You know how sometimes you want to post a response? And then think better of it? This is one of those times for me.

extralife
10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
I'm not predictng jack****, all I'm saying is I never quit, therefore I never lose. It's worked fine for me over the years and I'll adhere to that philosophy til the day I die.

you know, "non-quitters always win" doesn't exactly follow from "quitters never win." this is one of those times where you might want to examine a "philosophy" before blindly parroting it for fifty years or whatever.

I just blew your world, son

Chris
10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
I don't think I'm a "homer" to realise this is just one game and we're not statistically out of it. Y'all a bunch a fatalists.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-25-2010, 05:07 PM
OK. Time for a reality check.

You need to pass that reefer around.

The Chargers are going to stomp a pair of mudholes in Denver this year. Rivers alone will see to that. He may approach 800 yards passing in two games.

I'm not confident the Chiefs can lay the sweep, but you will get crushed at Arrowhead. Tamba "Clady Killer" Hali and Jamaal "Dancing In Your End Zone" Charles will see to that.

The division is in your hands like my chances to wed Reese Witherspoon are in my hands. Technically I could kill every other earthly male and bribe her, but it's a long shot.

The division title is in your hands as much as Billy Blanks' chance to score a touchdown was in his own hands during the Last Boy Scout.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v53mGjWu0F4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v53mGjWu0F4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

If the Broncos want to win out they better start packing heat. And Orton would still misfire.

You'd also need to hold the NFL Commissioner at gunpoint, because even if you sweep the Chiefs, we could end up 12-4 and the best you can do is 11-5.

Ain't life a bitch?

Steve Sewell
10-25-2010, 05:21 PM
Bob, the Broncos may suck right now, we can all accept that.

However, you need to stop pretending that the Chiefs are actually a good team, because they are not.

10-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Bob, the Broncos may suck right now, we can all accept that.

However, you need to stop pretending that the Chiefs are actually a good team, because they are not.

I agree.

The Chiefs are a VERY good team.

Ain't life a bitch?

Steve Sewell
10-25-2010, 05:32 PM
I agree.

The Chiefs are a VERY good team.

Ain't life a b****?

Want to make this interesting?

Popps
10-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Dude, you're not going to propose a bet with him, are you?

You know how that works.

10-25-2010, 05:38 PM

Sure.

Steve Sewell
10-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Sure.

Ok, "very good" teams win playoff games. Wanna start there?

And yes, Popps. I'm very aware of what a spineless moron Clayton is. I was the one he bet with a few years ago when he welched on a 6 month self imposed ban.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 05:57 PM
you know, "non-quitters always win" doesn't exactly follow from "quitters never win." this is one of those times where you might want to examine a "philosophy" before blindly parroting it for fifty years or whatever.

I just blew your world, son

Eh, I don't have a problem with my philosophy of never quitting. If there's one philosophy to stick with for a lifetime, never quitting is the one.

tebowisdabomb
10-25-2010, 06:38 PM

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UE_TeM0GW9kU6M:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll147/adawofl/drooling_homer-712749.png&t=1

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 06:51 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UE_TeM0GW9kU6M:http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll147/adawofl/drooling_homer-712749.png&t=1

A mutt comes barking, what a surprise.

baja
10-25-2010, 06:54 PM

That's no where near a given. Stop it! ;D

tebowisdabomb
10-25-2010, 06:59 PM

We already beat the Chargers and if the Chiefs kick our ass, just imagine what they will do to the hapless Donks.

gunns
10-25-2010, 07:02 PM
How low we have sunk (to the Chief fans level) to be all giddy about prospectively being able to win the division. After 13 years ago, I actually thought we'd realized what the real prize is and you don't have to win the division to get it. Of course, after yesterday I'd be happy to just win a game.....that it looked like the Broncos played hard and smart to win.

baja
10-25-2010, 07:22 PM
This thread is almost as painful to read as the game was to watch.

We need to wait until the end of the game in London before we panic. Or not!

baja
10-25-2010, 07:25 PM
BTW The OP is accurate.

10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
BTW The OP is accurate.

No, it's not.

If Denver wins out they finish 11-5.

The Chiefs have two losses.

Do the math.

Requiem
10-25-2010, 07:32 PM
It is hard to have faith in this teams abilities to get into the post season after the beating we received at home from the Oakland Raiders.

2-4 was not a terrible record considering the competitive nature of our games against harder opponents, but losing to Oakland like that at home is unacceptable. I hope our players and coaches have a short memory and can mentally get through what happened on Sunday, however I feel there will be residual impacts from the loss as the season begins to move on.

2-5 is not where most of us thought we would be after seven games this season. Most everyone would agree that it is neither promising or acceptable. Mathematically, yeah, we have a chance to get there -- but do you even think it is realistic?

Kansas City can run the ball and put up points. San Diego is still a competitive divisional rival and those games are never easy. Those four games aren't going to be easy, and after yesterday, going to Oakland isn't going to be a scratch-n-sniff victory either.

I'm not even aware of the rest of our opponents, but basically -- the way I see it -- we can only lose twice the whole way out if we want the division. Too much bad stuff piled up already (emotionally, physically, etc.) for us to be competitive moving forward. . . and that doesn't even include questions regarding personnel and play-calling.

Sorry, I just don't see it.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 07:33 PM
No, it's not.

Do the math.

But if you drink some orange kool-aid anything is possible.

Br0nc0Buster
10-25-2010, 07:34 PM
I just hope we can win another game

Ill worry about the playoffs when we can go a year without getting our dick stepped on by the freaking Raiders at home

mwill07
10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Like I said in another thread name one team to get beat down like this at home that still made the playoffs let alone won the division. We just don't have enough talent to over come the injuries and the poor front office we have. The only way I could see it is if we didn't lose another game vs the AFC west teams and after yesterday I don't see how anyone can believe that is going to happen.

1989 Steelers.lost at home 51-0 to a division rival (Browns), but finished 9-7 and a wild card team.

1946 Giants lost 56-7 at home to the Bears, ended up 6-4-1 and division champs.

1948 Colts lost at home to SF 56-14, and made the playoffs at 7-7.

1993 Lions lost 55-17 at home to SF, ended up 10-6 and division champs.

Unfortunately, all of the above winning teams were also division champs (except for '48 49ers, who were 12-2 and behind a 14-0 Browns team), and were therefore pretty good. No team has ever lost to a non-playoff caliber team at home that big and gone on to the playoffs.

baja
10-25-2010, 07:53 PM
No, it's not.

Do the math.

Let's just say I like the spirit of the post.

You really think you will finish better than 11 and 5

10-25-2010, 08:49 PM

I think the Chiefs will finish 10-6.

So I guess you guys have hope.

manchambo
10-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of a "sobering" thought.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 08:54 PM

Why are you replying to that scumbag. Sheesh, that's pretty low you've stooped.

baja
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Why are you replying to that scumbag. Sheesh, that's pretty low you've stooped.

It's yoga move...

for flexibility.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 09:04 PM
But if you drink some orange kool-aid anything is possible.

What a surprise, steven slurps some Bob semen. Slurp it up, you can kiss his ass next, and probably enjoy it. You two can 69.

It's pathetic to see so-called Bronco fans cater to Raider and Chief fans, kiss their asses gleefully.

extralife
10-25-2010, 09:10 PM
you got some problems, dawg

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 09:16 PM
you got some problems, dawg

I was wondering which sissy would chime in first. Congrats, you win the prize as first sissy.

Steve Sewell
10-26-2010, 10:25 AM
Ok, "very good" teams win playoff games. Wanna start there?

And yes, Popps. I'm very aware of what a spineless moron Clayton is. I was the one he bet with a few years ago when he welched on a 6 month self imposed ban.

So Bob, apparently you don't think your "very good" team has a shot at winning a playoff game this year?

Hilarious!

Are you scared?

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 10:50 AM

:drown:

broncosteven
10-26-2010, 10:50 AM
What a surprise, steven slurps some Bob semen. Slurp it up, you can kiss his ass next, and probably enjoy it. You two can 69.

It's pathetic to see so-called Bronco fans cater to Raider and Chief fans, kiss their asses gleefully.

That would have been funny in Jr high, your not still in Jr high are you? That would explain a lot though.

strafen
10-26-2010, 10:54 AM
That would have been funny in Jr high, your not still in Jr high are you? That would explain a lot though.Nah, I think he was cracking those jokes at his 10th GED reunion this past Summer...

Eldorado
10-26-2010, 11:10 AM

Favorite thread on the board right now.

Br0nc0Buster
10-26-2010, 11:36 AM
last year the Titans started 0-6, with that 6th loss being a 59-0 spanking by the Patriots

they only went 8-2 after that and this year are 5-2

so all is not lost

always a way to turn it around

TheChamp24
10-26-2010, 11:39 AM
last year the Titans started 0-6, with that 6th loss being a 59-0 spanking by the Patriots

so all is not lost

A couple things:
That Titans team had a 2,000 yard rusher on that team and changed QB's following that 0-6 start.

broncosteven
10-26-2010, 11:43 AM
A couple things:
That Titans team had a 2,000 yard rusher on that team and changed QB's following that 0-6 start.

We have a rusher who is avg 2.8 YPC and is due to bust out and go over the 60 YPG mark at any moment.

Br0nc0Buster
10-26-2010, 11:44 AM
A couple things:

where theres Kyle Orton theres a way

bronco militia
10-26-2010, 11:47 AM
We have a rusher who is avg 2.8 YPC and is due to bust out and go over the 60 YPG mark at any moment.

:giggle::giggle:

cutthemdown
10-26-2010, 12:59 PM

so all is not lost

Even at 0-6 though the Titans were a big physical team. There is no comparison really.

Mile High Shack
10-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Even at 0-6 though the Titans were a big physical team. There is no comparison really.

having a 2000 yard rusher and a good defense will eventually shine through, we have none of that

Rascal
10-26-2010, 01:21 PM
The Titans also replaced their QB. Hmmm.....

Chris
10-26-2010, 01:32 PM
The Titans also replaced their QB. Hmmm.....

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/files/blog-correlation-291209.gif

Br0nc0Buster
10-26-2010, 01:47 PM

yes Im sure after being 0-6 the fans were just raving about their physicality

bendog
10-26-2010, 02:13 PM
what is this with mangling the word? First McDaniels mutters some innanity about being "outphysicalityied" or something and then this. LOL No offense, I understand your irony. But Mora and George Allen could RANT and use English. It's like mangling it is the current vogue.

Drek
10-26-2010, 02:27 PM
The 2000 Denver Broncos went 7-2 over the last 9 with Griese at QB. Never assume a team can't throw a run together.

Our remaining schedule:
San Fran (neutral field)
BYE
KC
@SD
STL
@KC
@AZ
@OAK
HOU
SD

Not exactly a murder's row of teams there.

It really boils down to just two things though: Do we start getting healthy and do we start playing like a team of professionals?

We've been a mistake prone team for the entire season. Penalties gave away the Jacksonville game. Failure of execution lost the Colts game. A single penalty cost us the Jets game. On Sunday we spotted the Raiders 21 points before we ran our third offensive play. The only team that has beaten the Broncos this year without significant help from the Broncos was the Ravens, at Baltimore. If that is the standard of what it takes to beat a generally mistake free Broncos team down a good portion of our starters then I'd say eliminating the mistakes makes nearly winning out seem like a relatively easy task, since not a team on our schedule compares with Baltimore.

TheChamp24
10-26-2010, 02:38 PM
The 2000 Denver Broncos went 7-2 over the last 9 with Griese at QB. Never assume a team can't throw a run together.

Our remaining schedule:
San Fran (neutral field)
BYE
KC
@SD
STL
@KC
@AZ
@OAK
HOU
SD

It really boils down to just two things though: Do we start getting healthy and do we start playing like a team of professionals?

We've been a mistake prone team for the entire season. Penalties gave away the Jacksonville game. Failure of execution lost the Colts game. A single penalty cost us the Jets game. On Sunday we spotted the Raiders 21 points before we ran our third offensive play. The only team that has beaten the Broncos this year without significant help from the Broncos was the Ravens, at Baltimore. If that is the standard of what it takes to beat a generally mistake free Broncos team down a good portion of our starters then I'd say eliminating the mistakes makes nearly winning out seem like a relatively easy task, since not a team on our schedule compares with Baltimore.

We are at the bottom in run defense on both sides of the ball, can't rush the passer and can't create turnovers.
I'd be shocked if we win 5 more games.

bendog
10-26-2010, 02:45 PM
If you want a statistical oddity, Den's offensive production this year is less than shanny's last year.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=TOTAL_YARDS&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2010&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Drek
10-26-2010, 02:52 PM
We are at the bottom in run defense on both sides of the ball, can't rush the passer and can't create turnovers.
I'd be shocked if we win 5 more games.

And much of that is on the back of 1. not having Moreno for most of the games so far and 2. getting ran all over by the Raiders on Sunday.

This defense held Chris Johnson under a 100 while not just giving up against the pass.

They've had two monumentally bad running games. Otherwise they're middle of the pack at stopping the run. With Moreno back the team has ran for more than twice as many yards per game on average than they were without him.

Again, if our guys actually get healthy and play like they're capable of this team could put a very strong run up against that relatively soft schedule. I'm not saying they will, just that more amazing things have happened in the NFL. Its entirely possible this team will go to London and let San Fran take the game from them, effectively mailing in the rest of the season too. I'd like to think the wouldn't, but both scenarios have a greater than negligible chance of happening.

Rohirrim
10-26-2010, 02:56 PM
And much of that is on the back of 1. not having Moreno for most of the games so far and 2. getting ran all over by the Raiders on Sunday.

This defense held Chris Johnson under a 100 while not just giving up against the pass.

They've had two monumentally bad running games. Otherwise they're middle of the pack at stopping the run. With Moreno back the team has ran for more than twice as many yards per game on average than they were without him.

Again, if our guys actually get healthy and play like they're capable of this team could put a very strong run up against that relatively soft schedule. I'm not saying they will, just that more amazing things have happened in the NFL. Its entirely possible this team will go to London and let San Fran take the game from them, effectively mailing in the rest of the season too. I'd like to think the wouldn't, but both scenarios have a greater than negligible chance of happening.

Where were you when the **** hit the fan?

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-31-2010, 04:12 PM
Call me crazy, but I haven't given up hope. Here's to an 8-game winning streak to finish off at 10-6!!!

oubronco
10-31-2010, 04:13 PM
Call me crazy, but I haven't given up hope. Here's to an 8-game winning streak to finish off at 10-6!!!

Hilarious! I love it!!!!!!!

Popps
10-31-2010, 04:23 PM

All I want to see is a solid effort without the mistakes we saw today.

Let's start there. Like the Jets game, we SHOULD have won this one. Yet, we let goofy **** spoil it for us.

Merlin
10-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Never assume a team can't throw a run together.

Our remaining schedule:
San Fran (neutral field)
BYE
KC
@SD
STL
@KC
@AZ
@OAK
HOU
SD

Is there a team there that we can honestly say is inferior to Denver?
We just lost to San Fran and Oak...can we honestly expect to be considered good enough to win half of the remaining games? The way Denver is playing and the coaches are performing, one could feasibly argue that Denver would be lucky to come out with 2 wins in the next 8 games...we have dropped that much...

Merlin
10-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Enough with the stupid solid effort talk. We are losing to lousy teams. Show us some wins, that is all that counts now.

TheChamp24
10-31-2010, 04:29 PM
I'm starting to wonder if we can even win ONE division game this year.

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 06:08 PM

Let's start there. Like the Jets game, we SHOULD have won this one. Yet, we let goofy **** spoil it for us.

I would like to see the team start a game with a purpose and not flop around aimlessly until late in the 2nd quarter or the 2nd half before they can get something going.

I can't remember watching a team that is so rudderless to begin a game. It is like watching a boxer who's plan is to take punches hoping to find a flaw in the opponnent only to get punch drunk or knocked out before he figures out a way to win.

eddie mac
10-31-2010, 07:08 PM
10-6 you heard it here first.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-31-2010, 07:14 PM

You mean second?

post 113

broncosteven
10-31-2010, 07:37 PM

I thought mathimaticwiseally 11-5 and a Division championship is still possible if you use math stuff to go back in time with math equasions.