PDA

View Full Version : Raheem Morris vs. Josh McDaniels

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Morris - dude takes a small market team, with not a whole lot of recognizeable talent, and gets them to 4-2. How? Seriously, I'm asking how he did it? They are near the bottom of the pack in the major offense and defensive statistic categories

McD - dude somehow finds a way to get rid of all the quality offensive talent he has (Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis, etc.), patches those holes with offensive talent (Moreno, Maroney, Tebow, Quinn, etc.) at the expense of a good OL and/or solid defense, and the result is 2-5 and an ass kicking by the RAIDERS.

LULZ. So I guess Raheem would've been the better choice?

eddie mac
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM
Who have the Bucs beat and who have they lost to???

I realise that it doesn't mean a whole lot after yesterday but if you had asked the same question before the Oakland game I'd have said the Broncos lost 3 games to 3 of the top 5 teams in the league, no shame in that at all.

Personally I think yesterday was one of those games where Aliens took over Broncos players/coaches bodies.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 11:00 AM
For our next discussion:

Lets compare apples and oranges.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 11:01 AM

I realise that it doesn't mean a whole lot after yesterday but if you had asked the same question before the Oakland game I'd have said the Broncos lost 3 games to 3 of the top 5 teams in the league, no shame in that at all.

Personally I think yesterday was one of those games where Aliens took over Broncos players/coaches bodies.

I'm a big fan of a coaching staff that can win games regardless of the teams they are playing over all record.

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 11:07 AM

Another way of looking at it is that the Bucs have won the games they should've won and their two losses are to the best team in the country (Steelers) and the defending SB champs at their home.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 11:09 AM
For our next discussion:

Lets compare apples and oranges.

you suck..

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Morris - dude takes a small market team, with not a whole lot of recognizeable talent, and gets them to 4-2. How? Seriously, I'm asking how he did it? They are near the bottom of the pack in the major offense and defensive statistic categories

McD - dude somehow finds a way to get rid of all the quality offensive talent he has (Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Hillis, etc.), patches those wholes with offensive talent (Moreno, Maroney, Tebow, Quinn, etc.) at the expense of a good OL and/or solid defense, and the result is 2-5 and an ass kicking by the RAIDERS.

LULZ. So I guess Raheem would've been the better choice?

I see your name pop up a lot with ridiculous posts, and then I look and see you have less than 1,000 posts. I realize that all you do is start meaningless threads and pollute this board.

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 11:12 AM
I see your name pop up a lot with ridiculous posts, and then I look and see you have less than 1,000 posts. I realize that all you do is start meaningless threads and pollute this board.

U mad?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 11:18 AM
you suck..

****, you got me:notworthy

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 11:22 AM
I would say Tampa's start this year is more fluke than reality.
They were lucky to win yesterday to St. Louis and the Bengals game.

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I would say Tampa's start this year is more fluke than reality.
They were lucky to win yesterday to St. Louis and the Bengals game.

Yeah, they are definitely squeaking out some wins. They remind me of the Redskins - i.e. eek out wins, but not dominating in any particular category.

Not to mention the obvious Broncos coaching corrolary in that one as well...

PRBronco
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
How many backups do the Bucs have forced into starting positions? What kind of offensive line talent did Morris inherit?

Pull your head out of your ass.

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 11:43 AM
How many backups do the Bucs have forced into starting positions? What kind of offensive line talent did Morris inherit?

So in McDaniel's second year, he's still "inheriting" players from Shanahan? Priceless. When does the inheriting excuse become invalid? Couldn't he have chosen to focus his draft on the OL (or chosen to focus free agency efforts on the OL)?

I think Tampa Bay's offensive line was ranked near the bottom in the pre-season. Is it talent or is it coaching?

bendog
10-25-2010, 11:46 AM

shaking head.

http://www.buccaneers.com/team-and-stats/depth-chart.html

Raider Bill
10-25-2010, 11:48 AM
U mad?

come at me brah

Taco John
10-25-2010, 11:51 AM
What kind of offensive line talent did Morris inherit?

The Bucs didn't inherit nearly as good an offensive line as the one Josh inherited and then dismantled.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 11:52 AM
How about this, what QB did Morris inherit? What receiving talent?

bendog
10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Josh Freeman, Mike Williams, K. Vincent, Winslow, Stroughter, Moore, McCoy, Grimm

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 11:59 AM
The Bucs didn't inherit nearly as good an offensive line as the one Josh inherited and then dismantled.

He changed the blocking scheme, he didnt dismantle anything. Unless you yearn for the days of Wiegmann and Hamilton. Last I checked, Kuper, Clady, and Harris were still there...and its not his fault Clady wrecked his knee and Harris cant stay healthy.

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Josh Freeman, Mike Williams, K. Vincent, Winslow, Stroughter, Moore, McCoy, Grimm

Ha - this is great. He drafted everyone on that list but Winslow, right?

Inherit my ass.

bendog
10-25-2010, 12:11 PM
**** you, pussy. The coach brings in new guys with free agents and picks. TB kicked Den's ass. Live with it homer.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 12:13 PM
He changed the blocking scheme, he didnt dismantle anything. Unless you yearn for the days of Wiegmann and Hamilton. Last I checked, Kuper, Clady, and Harris were still there...and its not his fault Clady wrecked his knee and Harris cant stay healthy.

Weigman is starting and playing well for KFC, he looks like he is rejuvenated compared to what he looked like last year.

Pontius Pirate
10-25-2010, 12:15 PM
**** you, p***Y. The coach brings in new guys with free agents and picks. TB kicked Den's ass. Live with it homer.

Not sure who that was directed at, but I was agreeing with you in that Raheem made good choices and McD did not.

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
It's also worth noting that Morris did not have to install a new defensive scheme. He simply took over for Monte Kiffin in that regard.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 12:30 PM

I do yearn for the days we were not dead ****ing last in rushing.

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2010, 12:36 PM
and yet, they keep getting blacked out at home....