bronco militia
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
this is worse because the 2010 Raiders are so bad

Rascal
10-25-2010, 09:57 AM
did you go to the game?

Popps
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
Both sucked. I think my hopes were higher in the 94 season, so it probably felt worse.
I expected this season to be rocky. Not THIS rocky, but rocky.

bronco militia
10-25-2010, 09:58 AM
did you go to the game?

no...had to sell my tickets at the last minute.

lucky me :(

Rascal
10-25-2010, 10:01 AM
the person who bought your tickets probably wants a refund.

a buddy of mine flew into denver, got a hotel room, and four tickets to the game. He is pissed. Said he won't go to another game till McD is fired (he usually goes to 2-3 a year).

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
What kind of ****ing question is that?

How can it get any worse than your arch rival setting their team record for points scored on you?

HAT
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Every loss is pretty much the same......play-offs being the exception.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I honestly must have blocked that '94 game out of my mind because I don't remember it being that bad.

As far as embarassing losses for the franchise, this one ranks right up there behind Super Bowl XXIV. Others that come to mind are a game against the Colts where Eric Dickerson just went nuts (I think it was halloween in '88?), and those Manning/Colts playoff games are just one giant blur of suck.

bronco militia
10-25-2010, 10:03 AM
the person who bought your tickets probably wants a refund.

a buddy of mine flew into denver, got a hotel room, and four tickets to the game. He is pissed. Said he won't go to another game till McD is fired (he usually goes to 2-3 a year).

they'll have to get over it. If I had gone I'd have been thrown out in the first quarter by the Text Police.

bronco militia
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I honestly must have blocked that '94 game out of my mind because I don't remember it being that bad.

As far as embarassing losses for the franchise, this one ranks right up there behind Super Bowl XXIV. Others that come to mind are a game against the Colts where Eric Dickerson just went nuts (I think it was halloween in '88?), and those Manning/Colts playoff games are just one giant blur of suck.

28-3 at the half......someone from the south stands nailed Wade with a battery after the game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/199409180den.htm

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Every loss is pretty much the same......play-offs being the exception.

Did you see Tom Jackson last night? He was ticked off. The look on his face said it all. He looked like he wanted to put the pads on and rip a Raider's head off. This isn't just another loss, dip****.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 10:08 AM
This loss put a scar on this franchise that will still be remembered decades from now.

Rascal
10-25-2010, 10:08 AM

How can it get any worse than your arch rival setting their team record for points scored on you?

maybe you don't remember the '94 game???

Rascal
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
28-3 at the half......someone from the south stands nailed Wade with a battery after the game

Wish somebody would have done the same to McD leaving.

HAT
10-25-2010, 10:17 AM
Did you see Tom Jackson last night? He was ticked off. The look on his face said it all. He looked like he wanted to put the pads on and rip a Raider's head off. This isn't just another loss, dip****.

Yes, actually, it is. There are now 5 of them in that column and it sucks but they all count equal (exception being tiebreakers). This ain't the BCS.

Rascal
10-25-2010, 10:19 AM
No it doesn't HAT. Losing a game is one thing, getting throttled at home against your hated rival who we are supposedly better than is something completely different. To state otherwise is simply delusional.

titan
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
I was at both games in person (1994 and yesterday). I'd say yesterday was worse though 1994 was "alumni day" as I remember with lots of former bronco greats in attendance to see the Oakland route. 1994 actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I think it was the key game in getting rid of Wade as coach, which led to Shanahan, which led to Super Bowl victories, etc.

Maybe 2010 will be looked back on in the same way years from now - the beginning of the end for McD. I'm not ready to give up on McD yet but my doubts are stronger after yesterday.

Funny how the Broncos and Raiders take turns humiliating the other team on its home field. Broncos have had big wins in Oakland the last two years, while the Raiders now have a 3 game winning streak in Denver.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM

Damn, if you had Jeff Hostetler on your fantasy team that week you probably won.

The crazy thing about those two Wade years was that he was a defensive coach and a damn good one. But those defenses were terrible and the offense was very good. If he could have put a halfway decent defense out there like he did in his other head coaching stops, they may have had something.

Anyways, that '94 game was bad, but not yesterday bad. If they were playing a college team, I'm not sure the Raiders are up 31-0 sixteen minutes into the game.

SouthStndJunkie
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
The 1994 loss sucked bad and I was probably more pissed about that game because I was 22 years old and tended to get more frustrated and sulk over losses than I do now.

Now I am 38 and have a wife and a kid and realize there are more important things to worry about. Doesn't mean I still don't get pissed, but I am able to better put things in perspective now and shrug the losses off faster.

The 1994 loss made me realize that Wade Phillips must go. I remember it being demoralizing and I was furious.

This loss felt as demoralizing....and the Raiders set records in the process. If I would have flown out for this game and dropped $1000 to see that putrid performance, I would have been super pissed. Josh better be careful that the team does not replicate this performance again this season. I think Bowlen gives him 3 years, but a few more games like this and Bowlen might expedite the process.

HAT
10-25-2010, 10:26 AM
No it doesn't HAT. Losing a game is one thing, getting throttled at home against your hated rival who we are supposedly better than is something completely different. To state otherwise is simply delusional.

Well call me delusional than because:

A) I could care less about MOV

B) I hate all 31 other teams equal.

C) Lesser teams win multiple times every single Sunday in this league.

Archer81
10-25-2010, 10:39 AM

At the end of the day its a L. This is not college football. How badly you lose doesnt matter. Only that you lost. You can attach emotion on it, scream and cry about hated rivals or losing at home. If Denver manages a 10-6 record and gets a wc birth, will you care that we lost to Oakland in October? I sure as **** wont.

:Broncos:

orangemonkey
10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
This is the worst loss in franchise history including the Superbowls. At least there was effort in the past meltdowns. This team didn't make an effort and didn't play for each other, for Denver fans or for McD.

bronclvr
10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
this is worse because the 2010 Raiders are so bad

Really? Yesterday the 2010 Raiders looked like World Champions-

Inkana7
10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Oh how soon we forget the 50-note the Chargers hung on us 2 years ago.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Well call me delusional than because:

A) I could care less about MOV

B) I hate all 31 other teams equal.

C) Lesser teams win multiple times every single Sunday in this league.

Divisional games carry more weight than other games, **** for brains.

Archer81
10-25-2010, 10:45 AM
This is the worst loss in franchise history including the Superbowls. At least there was effort in the past meltdowns. This team didn't make an effort and didn't play for each other, for Denver fans or for McD.

No it isnt. Not even by half.

Losses to Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Washington, New York, San Francisco or Dallas far surpasses a regular season game.

Denver gets a chance to get beyond this loss this year.

Those games ended seasons and were worse because of the wait and failing in the first place.

Dont be dramatic.

Inkana7
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Oh wait that was with Shanny and Cutler, nevermind guys, its cool.

Archer81
10-25-2010, 10:47 AM

No they dont.

Maybe before they went from 8 division games to 6. And you are acting like this is the only division game we play.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
No they dont.

Maybe before they went from 8 division games to 6. And you are acting like this is the only division game we play.

In tiebreakers, division record is the most important. Denver has been ousted out of a divisional title and playoffs (1981, 2008) because of division record.

Thanks for making my argument for me. Six division games makes them all the more important because there are fewer of them now and there's more weight placed on them.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 10:57 AM

That's a good point. Speaking of coaches getting fired, THAT doozy probably punched the mastermind's ticket out of town.

But that was on the road. Still not as bad as yesterday.

Archer81
10-25-2010, 10:58 AM
In tiebreakers, division record is the most important. Denver has been ousted out of a divisional title and playoffs (1981, 2008) because of division record.

Thanks for making my argument for me. Six division games makes them all the more important because there are fewer of them now and there's more weight placed on them.

Theoretically you could go winless in the division, yet beat everyone else on your schedule and win the division because of superior record overall.

And again. We have 5 division games left. 1 loss does not a season make.

BroncoLifer
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
That's a good point. Speaking of coaches getting fired, THAT doozy probably punched the mastermind's ticket out of town.

But that was on the road. Still not as bad as yesterday.

And 2008 Chargers >>> 2010 Raiders

HAT
10-25-2010, 11:06 AM

Addressed in post #16. Try again emo boy.

HAT
10-25-2010, 11:09 AM

So if you admit that this team is still in playoff contention (Thus, the need for a tiebreaker) what are you getting all worked up about? :wave:

broncocalijohn
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM

Plus, that Raiders team was waaaaay better than our team. I was discussing this with someone at the bar yesterday as I remembered that horrible game. Raiders were really good in 94 and we sucked at defense but pretty good offensive team. This year, we were favored to win and Raiders are 60% of what that team was in 1994. Not even close for those that remembered. This is one of the WORST LOSSES EVER in the last 35 years.

Archer81
10-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Plus, that Raiders team was waaaaay better than our team. I was discussing this with someone at the bar yesterday as I remembered that horrible game. Raiders were really good in 94 and we sucked at defense but pretty good offensive team. This year, we were favored to win and Raiders are 60% of what that team was in 1994. Not even close for those that remembered. This is one of the WORST LOSSES EVER in the last 35 years.

The 52-21 game vs SD was worse. More on the line. Longer time to wait between games. Lots of change that offseason.

Dont get me wrong, I am not thrilled Denver lost by 45 points. But as far as worst losses ever its not in the top 10. At least for me.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 11:18 AM
So if you admit that this team is still in playoff contention (Thus, the need for a tiebreaker) what are you getting all worked up about? :wave:

I am mad the Broncos' playoff chances took a big hit yesterday.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 11:21 AM
No it isnt. Not even by half.

Losses to Jacksonville, Indianapolis, Washington, New York, San Francisco or Dallas far surpasses a regular season game.

Denver gets a chance to get beyond this loss this year.

Those games ended seasons and were worse because of the wait and failing in the first place.

Dont be dramatic.

Wrong again.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 11:21 AM

Also the Raiders beat the Broncos three times in 1993 (including a 42-24 loss in the playoffs). Wade Phillips (0-5) never managed a victory against them.

HAT
10-25-2010, 11:24 AM
I am mad the Broncos' playoff chances took a big hit yesterday.

Me too....Just like they did vs. Jax and Indy and Baltimore and the Jets.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
10-25-2010, 11:27 AM
Me too....Just like they did vs. Jax and Indy and Baltimore and the Jets.

The Broncos don't compete with those clubs for the right to host a home playoff game in the AFC Wildcard or Divisional round.

HAT
10-25-2010, 11:36 AM
The Broncos don't compete with those clubs for the right to host a home playoff game in the AFC Wildcard or Divisional round.

lolwut?

Rabb
10-25-2010, 11:36 AM
Do people seriously not see the point of winning games in the division as being more important than out of the division?

Really?

Archer81
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Wrong again.

No, I'm right.

If you think this loss was worse than 4 superbowl losses then I dont know what to tell you.

Hogan11
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
The 52-21 game vs SD was worse. More on the line. Longer time to wait between games. Lots of change that offseason.

It was wayyyy worse for me, I flew across the country to witness that garbage firsthand. When Tatum Bell is the only player on your team playing with any kind of fire at all (and it still didn't save his floundering career) with the division on the line....well, it's little wonder that heads rolled and the house got cleaned.

It's still too early for McDaniels to meet that end, but he sure as hell isn't helping himself with debacles like this come evaluation time.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 02:44 PM
This was worse because we could still hang our hat on a dude named "Elway". We literally are one of the least talented teams in the NFL, so there isn't much to hang your hat on.

Raiders are not a good team and to allow 59 points and just quit says a lot about this team. I know it's just one game and all that hip-hurrah BS, but sometimes "it is what it is"