PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton is done as the Broncos' quarterback. He just doesn't know it yet

Bronco Rob
10-25-2010, 05:22 AM
McDaniels' last salvation — Tebow

Kyle Orton is done as the Broncos' quarterback. He just doesn't know it yet. So what's the hang-up getting the Tim Tebow era started? Coach Josh McDaniels doesn't have the guts to tell his players their NFL season is dead.

Good heavens, can Tebow save us from this mess?

The humiliation of a 59-14 loss to Oakland will forever be stamped like an "L" on the forehead of Orton so long as he wears a Broncos uniform. Whether he starts one or 12 more games for Denver doesn't really matter. Orton can never again inspire real hope in this town.

Is that fair? Heck, what does fair have to do with it?

This defeat will leave a scar on true blue Broncomaniacs, and the rout was on from the instant Orton threw a pick-six that staked the Raiders to a two-touchdown lead before Denver could run its second offensive play from scrimmage.

Asked if he would have liked the opportunity to play in the fourth quarter against the Raiders, Tebow responded as if reading from a cue card, his monotone voice as stiff and robotic as the movements of the new throwing motion he's trying to master. "I just try to do the best I can with my role," Tebow said.

His role is as a gimmick. That should not be the role of a first- round draft choice on a losing NFL team.

Fans predisposed to hating McDaniels for not being Mike Shanahan, for trading Jay Cutler or for wearing a hoodie now have a reason to despise him even more. During the past 50 years, has there ever been a darker football Sunday in Denver?

The venom hurled at McDaniels as he left the field was as angry as any abuse taken by a Denver coach since Wade Phillips suffered a 48-16 loss to the Raiders at the old Mile High Stadium in 1994. Phillips never recovered. He got fired the same year, at the end of his second season on the job.

Only Tebow can save McDaniels now.

But here's the tricky part: If Tebow can't play, then McDaniels is done in Denver.

In the fourth quarter, when only a few thousand masochists were left in a 75,000-seat stadium, McDaniels could have given the die-hards one reason to cheer by inserting Tebow at quarterback. McDaniels never made the move. Stubborn and stupid is no way to go through life.

"That's not really the time that I'd want (Tebow) to get work," said McDaniels, explaining why Orton played to the bitter end, at a time when the only dramatic thing Orton could have done was get injured during the final minutes of a blowout.

The Broncos own a 2-5 record. Until they were embarrassed by Oakland, I foolishly believed this Denver team had a chance to win a weak AFC West. My bad. What are the Broncos' playoff chances now? Well, take the Olympic record time in which veteran Champ Bailey bolted from the locker room without a peep, divide by three, and you get a big, fat zero.

What hope does McDaniels have to sell to franchise owner Pat Bowlen or all those people who bought No. 15 jerseys after Tebow was drafted?

Although they have a flight scheduled to London, the Broncos aren't going anywhere this season. Finishing 8-8 would be a major accomplishment. So why not let Tebow actually throw his first NFL pass or start his first league game?

After a great showing in September, Orton has completed a pathetic 41 percent of his passes for an average of barely 200 yards per game in consecutive losses to the New York Jets and Raiders that have ripped the heart from Denver's will to win.

But life in a losing locker room is never easy. As soon as McDaniels gives a start to Tebow, the coach basically informs 37-year-old safety Brian Dawkins and 34-year-old nose tackle Jamal Williams the Broncos are playing for a future in which it's impossible to imagine how they fit in. Go with Tebow as the starter, and Bailey might be glad Denver pulled that offer of a contract extension from the table, so the veteran cornerback can find a franchise closer to championship contention as a free agent.

McDaniels was obviously hoping not to depend on Tebow until 2012, for two obvious reasons. He doesn't want to rush his prized draft choice so much that impatience ensures failure. More important, should Tebow fail, then Bowlen would have to wonder why he hired McDaniels in the first place.

As soon as Denver starts Tebow at quarterback, the clock starts ticking on McDaniels' last chance to show he is competent at building and coaching a successful NFL franchise.

Should the Broncos lose in London and fall to 2-6, however, there would be one much more compelling motivation to start Tebow after a bye week, in a home game Nov. 14 against Kansas City. It would be a matter of self-preservation for the coach.

Sooner rather than later, the lone way McDaniels can silence the booing of Broncomaniacs directed at him will be to send Tebow marching into the Denver huddle.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16425205

The Joker
10-25-2010, 05:40 AM
I think it'd do more harm than good to Tebow's development, honestly.

So much of the offense we run is built on pre-snap reads, audibles and generally just knowing where to go with the ball. Tebow is still learning all of this, AND trying to alter his mechanics at the same time. With our pathetic defense and complete lack of running game, we'd basically be throwing Tebow to the wolves by sending him in there and asking him to try and win some games for us.

The smart play is to keep Orton in there for the rest of the year, hope he can play at a solid level for the rest of the season and then trade him to someone who has a competitive team but needs a solid QB (Vikings maybe) in the offseason, then use the draft picks to try and upgade elsewhere.

Turn the team over to Tebow for 2011 and beyond, and then we'll see what he's got.

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2010, 05:45 AM

So much of the offense we run is built on pre-snap reads, audibles and generally just knowing where to go with the ball. Tebow is still learning all of this, AND trying to alter his mechanics at the same time. With our pathetic defense and complete lack of running game, we'd basically be throwing Tebow to the wolves by sending him in there and asking him to try and win some games for us.

The smart play is to keep Orton in there for the rest of the year, hope he can play at a solid level for the rest of the season and then trade him to someone who has a competitive team but needs a solid QB (Vikings maybe) in the offseason, then use the draft picks to try and upgade elsewhere.

Turn the team over to Tebow for 2011 and beyond, and then we'll see what he's got.

This. I swear that Denver has the worst sportswriters.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 06:55 AM

I've had this feeling since last year that Orton will end up a Viking.

Broncomutt
10-25-2010, 07:04 AM
[B] McDaniels never made the move. Stubborn and stupid is no way to go through life.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16425205

LMAO!Hilarious!

The article sounds somewhat like what TJ was saying last night.

McDaniels must be pretty strong. He can throw Orton under the bus and throw Tebow to the wolves all at the same time. :strong:

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 07:06 AM
i love how after a single game, everyone is ready to throw orton under the bus, despite the fact that without him we might not have the 2 wins we do, and the losses would have been 2x as bad.

Broncomutt
10-25-2010, 07:10 AM
i love how after a single game, everyone is ready to throw orton under the bus, despite the fact that without him we might not have the 2 wins we do, and the losses would have been 2x as bad.

I don't think most people, and certainly not everyone are throwing Orton under the bus. I believe the sentiment is to save his job, McDaniels may have to make Orton the scapegoat. There is a difference.

I for one don't think Orton is our biggest problem, but McDaniels will need alot of teflon if he keeps this up.

jhns
10-25-2010, 07:14 AM

I was ready to throw him under the bus long before this game. I have tried opening everyones eyes to the stupidity of McDaniels. I have tried explaining that no coach has ever succeeded doing things the way he is. You guys just don't want to listen. You guys hate this team. You guys root for us to become the new Raiders. Sad really.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Orton is done as our QB though, just not as soon as the article says.

Opening day next season, I'd be amazed if anyone other than Tebow is taking the snap on our first offensive play. Only chance Kyle had was to lead Denver to the playoffs this year, and we know for sure now that this won't be happening.

I think we'd fetch a pretty good pick for Orton. Vikings, Cardinals, 49ers are three teams I can think of who have good rosters and are just let down by shoddy QB play and who have no young, developmental talent to speak of.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Problem is - if there is a coaching change as everyone seems to want, who's to say that new coach wants Tebow as his starter?

Jetmeck
10-25-2010, 07:19 AM
The article was dead on. Just keep supporting the idiot.

BroncosSR
10-25-2010, 07:22 AM

Does anybody think someone would take Kyle Orton and his 1 year/$9 million dollar contract?

barryr
10-25-2010, 07:23 AM
Yes, it's Orton's fault the defense can't stop anybody.

BroncosSR
10-25-2010, 07:25 AM

I just don't see that... He's not responsible for 2 wins. He was part of a team effort for all 4 wins. I don't think he's done anything special that somebody else couldn't do.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Does anybody think someone would take Kyle Orton and his 1 year/$9 million dollar contract?

Ummmmm, you bet. That's chump change for a starter.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately for Orton he is going to take the fall for his idiot coach.

McDaniels may have been the only guy to get what he has been able to get out of Orton...but he also may be the only guy that believes in Tebow. Just wait for the meltdown when a new coach takes over, and goes with Quinn.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 07:42 AM

McDaniels may have been the only guy to get what he has been able to get out of Orton...but he also may be the only guy that believes in Tebow. Just wait for the meltdown when a new coach takes over, and goes with Quinn.

so you are on the mcidiot bandwagon now, or were you always on it?

crybabies seem to run together. orton isnt taking any fall, i promise you that. not only is he getting 9 million dollars next year, he will be starting somewhere.

and if you think no other teams wanted tebow, you are simply dense.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 07:50 AM
so you are on the mcidiot bandwagon now, or were you always on it?

crybabies seem to run together. orton isnt taking any fall, i promise you that. not only is he getting 9 million dollars next year, he will be starting somewhere.

and if you think no other teams wanted tebow, you are simply dense.

go **** yourself troll

I was always a McD supporter until yesterday, he completely lost me with the most embarrassing loss I can personally remember...this one actually makes me forget about 1996, but you wouldn't know much about that since you probably became a fan the following year.

Welcome to the ignore list, you are easily the most grammatically ignorant and immature member of the fan police to grace this board. I am amazed that you are in graduate school.

oh and here is a tsi friendly version for you without punctuation or those pesky capital letters, you know...I don't want to get you all confused when you reply knowing I just put you on ignore anyhow

go **** yourself troll

i was always a mcd supporter until yesterday he completely lost me with the most embarrassing loss i can personally remember this one actually makes me forget about 1996 but you wouldn't know much about that since you probably became a fan the following year

welcome to the ignore list you are easily the most grammatically ignorant and immature member of the fan police to grace this board i am amazed that you are in graduate school

v2micca
10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
You know, Orton and the Vikings could be a very good match next year. Assuming that the Vikings can get their receiving corps healthy again, it is exactly the kind of environment that Orton would flourish in. Solid running game, stout defense, A passing game that asks him to be more of a game manager than a gunslinger. Plus, living in Chicago, I would love the intrigue that the Viking/Bears games would generate.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Wow. This is Kiszla? He sounds like Woody.

that's how far McDaniels has fallen.

baja
10-25-2010, 07:58 AM
go **** yourself troll

I was always a McD supporter until yesterday, he completely lost me with the most embarrassing loss I can personally remember...<b>this one actually makes me forget about 1996,</b> but you wouldn't know much about that since you probably became a fan the following year.

Welcome to the ignore list, you are easily the most grammatically ignorant and immature member of the fan police to grace this board. I am amazed that you are in graduate school.

oh and here is a tsi friendly version for you without punctuation or those pesky capital letters, you know...I don't want to get you all confused when you reply knowing I just put you on ignore anyhow

Not even close. We win that we would most likely have won it all that year.

You saying this game wipes out the memory of the 96 loss tells me you are way over reacting.

That Jacksonville loss most likely kept us from winning the Super Bowl three years in a row.

Is this what the week is going to be like.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
amazing that a loss like this is the worst loss you can remember. amazing!

forget when they lost 52-21 FOR THE DIVISION TITLE against san diego. or when they lost to the 49ers the previous year, again for a playoff spot. or when they lost 44-7 or something to the LIONS, who only had like 4 wins that year. they also got blown the **** out against the patriots on monday night, mid 40s-7.

but since mcdaniels is the coach and not shanahan, this loss is somehow worse than those far more significant losses. and in 96 i was 9 years old jackass, how am i supposed to remember anything bronco related when i dont even remember my pets names.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 08:04 AM

You saying this game wipes out the memory of the 96 loss tells me you are way over reacting.

That Jacksonville loss most likely kept us from winning the Super Bowl three years in a row.

I don't know baja, the reason that this one bothers me so badly is because there is not a chance in hell we should have lost it. We didn't even just lose yesterday, we were demolished by a lesser team. We were not ready in any phase of the game. At least Jacksonville was a playoff team. This is the Raiders we are talking about here...a team that was contemplating starting their 3rd string guy, a team that is our biggest rival. A rivalry that I am just not sure the coaching staff really puts enough emphasis on to be honest. This is a game at home we should never lose, ever. At a minimum, the team should come out and play instead of it looking like a keystone cops scrimmage.

Maybe I am a little jaded because we had an awesome season in 1996, 1997 and 1998. Yesterday's loss punctuates for me a letdown season from 2009, and makes me wonder just how bad it's going to get before it gets better. That's a feeling I never had in 1996 after that game.

I am not saying 1996 wasn't bad, but me personally...yesterday takes the cake. Again, just my opinion.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 08:05 AM
forget when they lost 52-21 FOR THE DIVISION TITLE against san diego.

Against a decent team. Not the raiders. I was at that game. It was soul crushing. I remember questioning if it were time for Mike to go.

This game is even more crushing, because it's against the ****ing raiders. And we are not even close to contention. And because it's not a two time superbowl winning head coach, and a man who has more superbowl rings then God as a head coach.

or when they lost to the 49ers the previous year, again for a playoff spot. or when they lost 44-7 or something to the LIONS, who only had like 4 wins that year. they also got blown the **** out against the patriots on monday night, mid 40s-7.

When we had winning records, and at least where in contention.

The reason this loss is being blown up is because everyone is realizing exactly how bad this team is, and finally coming to grips with 2-5 not being a accident.

but since mcdaniels is the coach and not shanahan, this loss is somehow

That dog don't hunt anymore son. This type of loss cost Wade his job, and is looking pretty dicey for McDaniels at the moment.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 08:07 AM

forget when they lost 52-21 FOR THE DIVISION TITLE against san diego. or when they lost to the 49ers the previous year, again for a playoff spot. or when they lost 44-7 or something to the LIONS, who only had like 4 wins that year. they also got blown the **** out against the patriots on monday night, mid 40s-7.

I was at that Pats game. Man, was it bad. The worst I've ever seen in person. But it wasn't as bad all around as yesterday's game. We were still "in" the Pats game at halftime. It wasn't until the 3rd quarter and the Pats started to pick on Champ's injury replacements that things really fell apart.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Against a decent team. Not the raiders.

When we had winning records, and at least where in contention.

The reason this loss is being blown up is because everyone is realizing exactly how bad this team is, and finally coming to grips with 2-5 not being a accident.

That dog don't hunt anymore son. This type of loss cost Wade his job, and is looking pretty dicey for McDaniels at the moment.

i realize this team is not amazing and im not making excuses for how bad they played. you cant discount a 4-13 record since starting 6-0. however, you cant blow it out of proportion. they had an awful game, theyve had some good games this year too. to say this is the worst game ever and always is dumb, its not, but it was really, really bad.

and no, this team was never in contention with jay cutler at the helm. i think hes proving now that he single handedly loses just as many games as he wins, and these are games where all he needs to do is NOT lose the game for them (ie 4 picks in 2nd half in a 3 pt game)

driver
10-25-2010, 08:20 AM

I think it's going to take longer than that, to get past this. Worst beat down Since Jurgenson pounded on the eagles( maybe it was the Giants don't remember for sure) in 63/64. Nice of Cable to put in the scrubs wasn't it. Groan! :pity:

lostknight
10-25-2010, 08:26 AM
Heh. Just listened to KOA sports update. their statement was "we are ignoring the elephant in the room" and not covering the Broncos loss this morning.

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 08:36 AM

So who was it that threw that pick 6 then? Jarvis Moss?
Or how about starting the game 4-13 or something like that. He was 12-29 against the Raiders. That is terrible.
Orton isn't a bad QB, but he isn't good. I'd say above-average. He's slow at times in making a decision and takes more sacks because of it. And when rushed, his accuracy plummets. He doesn't make many dumb mistakes like Brett Farve's wonderful interception returned for a touchdown yesterday.

I really think Orton will start the rest of the year, but next year, its wide open for competition.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Dang...forgot to put JHNS on ignore.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 08:47 AM
PFT finally calling out the awful reporting that is denver sports writers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/25/mcdaniels-apologizes-while-the-rest-of-denver-goes-insane/

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 08:52 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/25/mcdaniels-apologizes-while-the-rest-of-denver-goes-insane/

Excellent article.

(The reaction reminds us a lot of the response Tennessee's 59-0 loss in New England inspired last year.)

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Excellent article.

Well..that was against NE..We played against OAK..
Also, don't ever compare Fisher with Mcdummy.

jhns
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
Dang...forgot to put JHNS on ignore.

Well you should get on that. I know you guys hate reading posŪs from those of us that actually like this team. What did the Broncos do to you guys that makes you love having such a **** coach? Maybe you should just go root for the Bears or something so us real fans can let Bowlen know this isn't acceptable. He already said he listens to the fans and that McDaniels was still around because you haters support him....

Gort
10-25-2010, 08:56 AM
This. I swear that Denver has the worst sportswriters.

that article is idiotic. Kiszla is a complete moron.

we do not have a QB controversy. the problem in Denver right now has to do with coaching, scheming, player development, and leadership/character in the locker room.

you don't bench a high-performing QB after 2 games in favor of a rookie. you don't even consider something as stupid as that unless you have no understanding of reality.

honestly, that's the kind of thing reactionary sports radio listeners with room temperature IQs call in and demand.

it's dumb.

it's wrong.

it should not even be open to debate.

Tebow should have played yesterday to get some experience and to protect Orton when the game was already out of hand. but that in no way would have meant that Orton was going to lose his starting job to Tebow. anybody who thinks that is an idiot.

i'm sorry, but this article is just mind-numbingly dumb and this morning my tolerance for imbeciles is not very good.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 08:57 AM

Unfortunate that their points are incorrect. Orton's been well below the 50% completion rate for the last two weeks. Last week the (D) was good enough to compensate. This week, they were not.

41% completion will not win you games in this league.

Sassy
Where in the hell did you get the idea that I hated this team? Or LOVED the coach...just don't think he needs to be fired...yet. You are so far off from what I think it isn't even funny.

DenverBrit
Well..that was against NE..We played against OAK..
Also, don't ever compare Fisher with Mcdummy.

They were talking about the fan reaction, not the teams, not the coaches, just the fan reaction.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 08:58 AM
If Josh would have left Tebow on the board for some other team to experiment with and used those three picks on defensive players, maybe he doesn't find himself in this situation today? I still doubt Tebow is ever an NFL QB, especially a franchise QB. Orton was not the problem yesterday. Like PFT said, Orton didn't give up 59 points. Orton is the one thing on this team that has worked for us.

jhns
Where in the hell did you get the idea that I hated this team? Or LOVED the coach...just don't think he needs to be fired...yet. You are so far off from what I think it isn't even funny.

You support the coach. You hate this team. Pretty simple.

lostknight
<table class="datatablecell" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="rowAlt"><td>6 </td> <td> http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/img/video.gif (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101709/2010/REG6/jets@broncos/watch) NYJ (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NYJ) </td> <td colspan="2"> L 20-24 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101709/2010/REG6/jets@broncos) </td> <td>14</td> <td>34</td> <td>41.2</td> <td>209</td> <td>6.1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>8</td> <td>71.8</td> <td>3</td> <td>22</td> <td>7.3</td> <td>0</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td> 7 </td> <td> http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/img/video.gif (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102411/2010/REG7/raiders@broncos/watch) OAK (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=OAK) </td> <td colspan="2"> L 14-59 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102411/2010/REG7/raiders@broncos) </td> <td>12</td> <td>29</td> <td>41.4</td> <td>198</td> <td>6.8</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>4</td> <td>33</td> <td>73.6</td> <td>2</td> <td>21</td> <td>10.5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>
Third number is completion percentage for Orton. These numbers are disasterously bad, and a reflection that if you shut down Brandon Lloyd, this team is screwed.

Guess trading Marshall might have been a bad idea aft erall?

Gort
10-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Orton is done as our QB though, just not as soon as the article says.

Opening day next season, I'd be amazed if anyone other than Tebow is taking the snap on our first offensive play. Only chance Kyle had was to lead Denver to the playoffs this year, and we know for sure now that this won't be happening.

I think we'd fetch a pretty good pick for Orton. Vikings, Cardinals, 49ers are three teams I can think of who have good rosters and are just let down by shoddy QB play and who have no young, developmental talent to speak of.

i'm sorry, but this is really absurd.

McD's offense is very complex. look at the progress Orton has made going from year 1 to year 2. next year will be his 3rd year in the system. that's when he will excel as his young receivers will also have 1 more year as well.

Tebow is a rookie. Orton came over as a vet. there is no way that Tebow in his 2nd year will be better than a vet in his 3rd year in this system. Orton is the QB for neartearm and Tebow may be the QB of the future, but that future does not start next year.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 09:00 AM
If Josh would have left Tebow on the board for some other team to experiment with and used those three picks on defensive players, maybe he doesn't find himself in this situation today? I still doubt Tebow is ever an NFL QB, especially a franchise QB. Orton was not the problem yesterday. Like PFT said, Orton didn't give up 59 points. Orton is the one thing on this team that has worked for us.

I am a Tebow fan, and have hope he will pan out but I agree with this.

It seems the excuse for McD yesterday was player x, y and z playing poorly...well, these are the players the coach chose to play.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM
<table class="datatablecell" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="rowAlt"><td>6 </td> <td> http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/img/video.gif (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101709/2010/REG6/jets@broncos/watch) NYJ (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=NYJ) </td> <td colspan="2"> L 20-24 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010101709/2010/REG6/jets@broncos) </td> <td>14</td> <td>34</td> <td>41.2</td> <td>209</td> <td>6.1</td> <td>1</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>8</td> <td>71.8</td> <td>3</td> <td>22</td> <td>7.3</td> <td>0</td> <td>--</td> <td>--</td> </tr> <tr class=""> <td> 7 </td> <td> http://img.static.nfl.com/static/site/img/video.gif (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102411/2010/REG7/raiders@broncos/watch) OAK (http://www.nfl.com/teams/profile?team=OAK) </td> <td colspan="2"> L 14-59 (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102411/2010/REG7/raiders@broncos) </td> <td>12</td> <td>29</td> <td>41.4</td> <td>198</td> <td>6.8</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> <td>4</td> <td>33</td> <td>73.6</td> <td>2</td> <td>21</td> <td>10.5</td> <td>0</td> <td>1</td> <td>1</td></tr></tbody></table>
Third number is completion percentage for Orton. These numbers are disasterously bad, and a reflection that if you shut down Brandon Lloyd, this team is screwed.

Guess trading Marshall might have been a bad idea aft erall?

people REALLY still want brandon marshall back? i thought that sailed with the cutler idea, neither of them were vital to anything this team will ever do in the future. he has 5 good games for his part, then 2 that arent perfect and he needs to be benched? wtf is wrong with you people and quarterbacks, not everyone will be john elway.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 09:04 AM
They were talking about the fan reaction, not the teams, not the coaches, just the fan reaction.

The reaction is due to our team winning 4 games out of 17.
That's unacceptable.

baja
10-25-2010, 09:05 AM
I don't know baja, the reason that this one bothers me so badly is because there is not a chance in hell we should have lost it. We didn't even just lose yesterday, we were demolished by a lesser team. We were not ready in any phase of the game. At least Jacksonville was a playoff team. This is the Raiders we are talking about here...a team that was contemplating starting their 3rd string guy, a team that is our biggest rival. A rivalry that I am just not sure the coaching staff really puts enough emphasis on to be honest. This is a game at home we should never lose, ever. At a minimum, the team should come out and play instead of it looking like a keystone cops scrimmage.Well you are intitled to your opinion but even though this loss. May have far reaching consaquences I can think of several losses that were more painful. All the super bowl loses for starters

Maybe I am a little jaded because we had an awesome season in 1996, 1997 and 1998. Yesterday's loss punctuates for me a letdown season from 2009, and makes me wonder just how bad it's going to get before it gets better. That's a feeling I never had in 1996 after that game.

I am not saying 1996 wasn't bad, but me personally...yesterday takes the cake. Again, just my opinion.Mm

baja
10-25-2010, 09:07 AM
Damn iPhone too small a space

Rabb
10-25-2010, 09:08 AM
lol

it's alright, I am admittedly ass hurt, pissed, disappointed, overreacting

I cannot help it, I just take the crap too personally

I'll stop throwing gas on the fire, go Broncos

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 09:09 AM
That's unacceptable.

they havent won 4 out of 17, theyve won 10 out of 23.

its a fair point to say what their record is SINCE they started 6-0, dont act like those games didnt happen.

jhns
10-25-2010, 09:10 AM

Did you just make an argument that Orton wasn't part of the problem? Wow... That is a new level of stupidity. His first pass was a pick 6. The next 80 drives were 3 and out, including a fumble that gave the Turds great field position. 0rton was horrible.

baja
10-25-2010, 09:12 AM
lol

it's alright, I am admittedly ass hurt, pissed, disappointed, overreacting

I cannot help it, I just take the crap too personally

I'll stop throwing gas on the fire, go Broncos

You have every right to feel the way you do. It was a complete embarressment.

DenverBrit
10-25-2010, 09:15 AM
That's unacceptable.

Everyone wants the team to get on track and start winning consistently.

The reaction today was about the beat-down from Oakland yesterday.

Not everyone has been whining since Shanny was fired.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 09:21 AM
Well you should get on that. I know you guys hate reading posŪs from those of us that actually like this team. What did the Broncos do to you guys that makes you love having such a **** coach? Maybe you should just go root for the Bears or something so us real fans can let Bowlen know this isn't acceptable. He already said he listens to the fans and that McDaniels was still around because you haters support him....

The funny thing about you is that you just don't get it. I know you think you do, but you really just dont.

jhns
10-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Everyone wants the team to get on track and start winning consistently.

The reaction today was about the beat-down from Oakland yesterday.

Not everyone has been whining since Shanny was fired.

You are right. Some of us didn't start whining until McDaniels started making dumb decision after dumb decision. Then again, some of us actually like this team. Funny that people like me are hated on so much and told how we aren't fans because we point this stuff out. I don't know, I always thought fans wanted what was best for their team....

jhns
10-25-2010, 09:25 AM
The funny thing about you is that you just don't get it. I know you think you do, but you really just dont.

Sure. I'm the one that doesn't get it.... That makes sense.

epicSocialism4tw
10-25-2010, 09:25 AM

You have done a good job putting forth the wise way to handle it and to maximize assets.

However, McD has shown that he doesnt necessarily want to maximize assets if they stand in the way of his wants. We have seen that with the way he handled the Cutler, Marshall, and Wiegmann situations. The wise thing to do in all of them would be to ride them out behind the scenes, handling personnel in a non-confrontational way and dealing them without making too much of a stir. Make the stir when you deal, not before. He shows his hand too often and diminishes the worth of those assets.

It was also unwise to handle the Nolan situation the way he did. Nolan is probably laughing his butt off right now after the Broncos got 60 hung on them by one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 09:28 AM
Did you just make an argument that Orton wasn't part of the problem? Wow... That is a new level of stupidity. His first pass was a pick 6. The next 80 drives were 3 and out, including a fumble that gave the Turds great field position. 0rton was horrible.

Don't direct posts to me. I consider you a worthless pos on this board who doesn't have the sense enough to know that everybody hates your ****ing guts and is just waiting for the message to get through your thick ****ing skull. This is the last post of yours I will ever answer so save yourself the trouble in the future.

jhns
10-25-2010, 09:33 AM
Don't direct posts to me. I consider you a worthless pos on this board who doesn't have the sense enough to know that everybody hates your ****ing guts and is just waiting for the message to get through your thick ****ing skull. This is the last post of yours I will ever answer so save yourself the trouble in the future.

Of course it is. All of your guys **** talk for the last year and a half is looking pretty retarded at this point. How dare I question McDaniels or Orton! Your post was pretty dumb though. "Orton wasn't part of the problem!".. LOL.. Wow.

McDman
10-25-2010, 09:43 AM
orton wasn't the main problem, the offensive line was. Go back and watch the game again and count how many times he was under pressure, not even sacked, just under pressure. Its an absurd amount. The offensive line and the whole defense wet the bed on this one.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Sure. I'm the one that doesn't get it.... That makes sense.

You really just don't.You're a miserable asshole who no one will ever listen to because youre one of those weird people that is more content when they are unhappy.

Go see someone about this. Or as I suggested to Bob, e-harmony. Though he fired back with OKcupid...so if you prefer that, apparently that's like ordering a pizza you ****...his words not mine. In fact, if you join e-harmony, i bet you could find o-maners to help you pick up the tab if it means that you'll stop being an insufferable prick.

bendog
10-25-2010, 09:48 AM
This just mean. Kyle probably isn't even sober yet, and you guys are making fun of him.

BabyTO
10-25-2010, 09:49 AM
yeah the defense threw the pick 6 :clown:

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Of course it is. All of your guys **** talk for the last year and a half is looking pretty retarded at this point. How dare I question McDaniels or Orton! Your post was pretty dumb though. "Orton wasn't part of the problem!".. LOL.. Wow.

And Orton is really not the problem. When the world isnt crumbling around him, he's played at a very high level. Then again, you think Cutler is god's gift to quarterbacking...shall i take you through his beautiful passes to D'Angelo Hall from this past weekend?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
yeah the defense threw the pick 6 :clown:

youre right...manning, elway, montana, brady never threw bad passes.

jhns
10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
And Orton is really not the problem. When the world isnt crumbling around him, he's played at a very high level. Then again, you think Cutler is god's gift to quarterbacking...shall i take you through his beautiful passes to D'Angelo Hall from this past weekend?

"If everything else is working perfect, Orton is a good QB!".... Yeah, so is every other player that has made it to the NFL level... Good job Orton!

None of this counters the point that he had a bad game though, which is what my post was about.

Bob's your Information Minister
This whole situation is a little unfair to Orton.

No running game, no defense, ****bag head coach.

Very few quarterbacks would be winning games in this situation.

epicSocialism4tw
You really just don't.You're a miserable a-hole who no one will ever listen to because youre one of those weird people that is more content when they are unhappy.

Go see someone about this. Or as I suggested to Bob, e-harmony. Though he fired back with OKcupid...so if you prefer that, apparently that's like ordering a pizza you ****...his words not mine. In fact, if you join e-harmony, i bet you could find o-maners to help you pick up the tab if it means that you'll stop being an insufferable prick.

Dude, if you disagree with him, just ignore him. Better yet, put him on ignore.

If you ignore his trolling, he will troll less...and you will be less disturbed and perturbed by it.

strafen
10-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Drawing comparisons to Cutler, or playing the Cutler card doesn't change the fact that Orton is a lousy QB.
The guy stinks, he sucks. Trust me on this one. Believe you me!

strafen
10-25-2010, 09:54 AM
youre right...manning, elway, montana, brady never threw bad passes.Again, stop bringing the "oh, but other QB's also thrown picks, card"
Orton, sucks, man. I can't be more direct that this. He flat out sucks!

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Again, stop bringing the "oh, but other QB's also thrown picks, card"
Orton, sucks, man. I can't be more direct that this. He flat out sucks!

You're wrong. I can't be more direct than this. You're flat out wrong.

jhns
10-25-2010, 10:00 AM
You really just don't.You're a miserable a-hole who no one will ever listen to because youre one of those weird people that is more content when they are unhappy.

You would like to think you know me but I was the biggest homer this team had up to the point of McDaniels repeatedly making dumb decisions. I even have had to go through this in my own head and have tried forcing myself to like him, as I have never disliked something on this team like this. It just never happened because his way of doing things is that dumb.

Anyways, you are the ones that made me who I am today. Maybe you should stop talking **** and questioning loyalties just because someone doesn't like the coach. It is pretty obvious that I have been right all along. It has been obvious for a long time now. I have tried explaining it a ton of times but no team has ever been successful doing things the way that McDaniels is doing them. I'm not sure why you guys all think McDaniels is better than every front office that has ever been in the game. Maybe this should be a lesson for all of you though. If you had simply debated football instead of talking so much ****, I wouldn't care to point out how dumb all of you are.

strafen
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
You're wrong. I can't be more direct than this. You're flat out wrong.You can't prove me wrong, bud.
Can you?
So far, I'm right. Take your homer glasses off, and you'll see what I mean...

jhns
10-25-2010, 10:03 AM
This whole situation is a little unfair to Orton.

No running game, no defense, ****bag head coach.

Very few quarterbacks would be winning games in this situation.

Case closed. I am right because those saying different are agreeing with Bob. Just let that sink in for a minute.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:06 AM
This just mean. Kyle probably isn't even sober yet, and you guys are making fun of him.

I've known you for 10 years and I'm not sure you ever have drawn a sober breath in all that time. ;D

BabyTO
10-25-2010, 10:07 AM
youre right...manning, elway, montana, brady never threw bad passes.
yeah they also won superbowls and mvp trophies

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Damn straight, and I'm a little pissed. I mean I bought TWO 750ml of Jack on sale last week and was saving it for next week to go with some abita turbo dog, and now this thread about Kyle being done. How can I get a good buzz on watching the Jesus guy. Damn.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
You can't prove me wrong, bud.
Can you?
So far, I'm right. Take your homer glasses off, and you'll see what I mean...

What are you talking about? How can you prove he sucks? Every measurable statistic for his career says otherwise....look at the stats. I would actually have the easier job here.

Lot's of top QBs had bad days yesterday....some worse than Orton. When you say he sucks you have to compare him to his competition and, like the Duke said last week, there is A LOT of bad QB play out there this year.

errand
10-25-2010, 10:10 AM
Yeah Orton tossing a pick six was why the Raiders hung 59 on us.....get real, the route was on when our defense couldn't stop the Raiders on the opening drive...or any other drives. Our turnovers led to 21 points...the Raiders still scored 38 without any help from us.

Popps
10-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Told you guys last week... Orton has one bad game, and the goons will be out in force.

This article is comical, but not surprising.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Damn straight, and I'm a little pissed. I mean I bought TWO 750ml of Jack on sale last week and was saving it for next week to go with some abita turbo dog, and now this thread about Kyle being done. How can I get a good buzz on watching the Jesus guy. Damn.

Just consider the Jack the blood of Christ and have some wafers, you'll be covered. ;D

Rabb
10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
blaming Orton is silly here

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
It's not Orton's fault the front 7 is soft, the back end is old, the oline is in shambles, the RBS stink and the coaches can't even get 11 players on the field every play.

At least the draft will be fun to watch......until MCD trades our first round pick to move down and get 2 more picks....then trade those for 4 picks, then trade all of those to move back up 6 slots under where he started and draft a long snapper.

Popps
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Yeah Orton tossing a pick six was why the Raiders hung 59 on us.....get real, the route was on when our defense couldn't stop the Raiders on the opening drive...or any other drives. Our turnovers led to 21 points...the Raiders still scored 38 without any help from us.

Yea, we couldn't even get in their way.

But, take away your defensive star, your defensive leader, your young, improving OLB and other role-players, and you've got problems.

Still, the effort has to be better. Last week was respectable. Yesterday was a disaster and McDaniels stated as much.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:18 AM
The whole team got blind sided. After the Thomas fumble you could almost see the energy deflate from the team. This is a young group mostly and they were not experienced enough to recover from the 21 point blow. I fault McD for not calling a time out and gather all the players around and tell them to take several deep breaths and remind them there was still a hell of a lot of football left in the day. Josh is a rookie coach I bet next time he will do that.

What we should take from this game is it's counts as one loss and the important thing is how the play next week. That's my plan anyway.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:19 AM
Yeah Orton tossing a pick six was why the Raiders hung 59 on us.....get real, the route was on when our defense couldn't stop the Raiders on the opening drive...or any other drives. Our turnovers led to 21 points...<b>the Raiders still scored 38 without any help from us.
I think what you saw out there was a team in shock. We are not that bad!

Popps
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
The whole team got blind sided. After the Thomas fumble you could almost see the energy deflate from the team. This is a young group mostly and they were not experienced enough to recover from the 21 point blow. I fault McD for not calling a time out and gather all the players around and tell them to take several deep breaths and remind them there was still a hell of a lot of football left in the day. Josh is a rookie coach I bet next time he will do that.

What we should take from this game is it's counts as one loss and the important thing is how the play next week. That's my plan anyway.

That's all they can do, man. If I were a member of this team, I wouldn't be giving up. Hopefully guys have that same attitude.

I remember the Titans getting destroyed by the Pats a couple years back. They then went on like a 5 game winning streak and were actually in the wild card hunt, late in the season.

Not saying we'll do that, but there is PLENTY left to play for, playoffs or not. Been saying that since the preseason.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
i'm sorry, but this is really absurd.

McD's offense is very complex. look at the progress Orton has made going from year 1 to year 2. next year will be his 3rd year in the system. that's when he will excel as his young receivers will also have 1 more year as well.

Tebow is a rookie. Orton came over as a vet. there is no way that Tebow in his 2nd year will be better than a vet in his 3rd year in this system. Orton is the QB for neartearm and Tebow may be the QB of the future, but that future does not start next year.

Orton just doesn't have it to be much better than he is right now, IMO.

He's immersed himself in the system, and is playing well. He should be commended for that. But McDaniels system puts so much on the QB, he's the guy who has to go out there and get it done, and I just don't think Orton is good enough to go out there and put the points up.

The biggest issue is that he's not a good 3rd down QB. When you run a short pass offense like we do, you're going to have a lot of 3rd downs. If your QB isn't good on that down, you're not going to be successful.

Orton needs to go to a team with a strong running game. He's a good PA passer, and he won't make stupid mistakes and cost his team the game trying to force a play.

But he's never going to be a top quality player here. Tebow may never either, but he's at least got a chance. McDaniels needs to win next season, or he's gone.

Hence, Tebow will start.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
That's all they can do, man. If I were a member of this team, I wouldn't be giving up. Hopefully guys have that same attitude.

I remember the Titans getting destroyed by the Pats a couple years back. They then went on like a 5 game winning streak and were actually in the wild card hunt, late in the season.

Not saying we'll do that, but there is PLENTY left to play for, playoffs or not. Been saying that since the preseason.

When any team gets trounced that badly you got to be very concerned. This is pivotal for Josh and the Broncos, no doubt about it but as you say they can right the ship next week and win out or they can fold. This is going to be what is important in the grand scheme of things.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:24 AM
One thing for sure is I don't think I will start any more "I got a feeling" threads. ;D

Doggcow
10-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I think we should keep orton the starter so we don't **** all over his trade value.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 10:25 AM
When any team gets trounced that badly you got to be very concerned. This is pivotal for Josh and the Broncos, no doubt about it but as you say they can right the ship next week and win out or they can fold. This is going to be what is important in the grand scheme of things.

They couldn't have a better opponent than the Niners to "get healthy" against. If they can't win that game next week, pull the plug.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Bailey may be happy at end of yr he didnt get deal.

jhat01
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
They couldn't have a better opponent than the Niners to "get healthy" against. If they can't win that game next week, pull the plug.

I agree...If they lose, Bowlen should make the team pay for their own way back...And flush the entire coaching staff right then and there.

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Just hope it's david carr next week. Of course, it was Jason Campbell .....

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Bailey may be happy at end of yr he didnt get deal.

I was actually thinking to myself "Champ's done in Denver, why would he resign?"

epicSocialism4tw
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Orton just doesn't have it to be much better than he is right now, IMO.

He's immersed himself in the system, and is playing well. He should be commended for that. But McDaniels system puts so much on the QB, he's the guy who has to go out there and get it done, and I just don't think Orton is good enough to go out there and put the points up.

The biggest issue is that he's not a good 3rd down QB. When you run a short pass offense like we do, you're going to have a lot of 3rd downs. If your QB isn't good on that down, you're not going to be successful.

Orton needs to go to a team with a strong running game. He's a good PA passer, and he won't make stupid mistakes and cost his team the game trying to force a play.

But he's never going to be a top quality player here. Tebow may never either, but he's at least got a chance. McDaniels needs to win next season, or he's gone.

Hence, Tebow will start.

I hope that we ride out Orton this season because its the best thing for the franchise. Tebow gets to soak it all in, Orton gets to develop into a tradeable asset with a manageable contract.

My id says go to Tebow now for that instant gratification of getting to see a special talent if the team sucks anyway. It gives me more incentive to watch the games. However, it isnt whats best for the team now or later.

I hope McD sticks with Orton, and if we have another mess like the Raiders debacle, that Tebow will get to throw the ball a little.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:33 AM

Seattle certainly disagrees.

Taco John
10-25-2010, 10:35 AM

I've been a Broncos fan for all my life, and I'd say that this loss is probably the worst regular season loss in team history. I can't immediately think of a worse loss, and that includes the San Diego loss from '08. That loss was against a great San Diego team. This loss was to a pathetic football team that has no business scoring a record amount of points on the Brown's homefield, let alone at Mile High.

Garcia Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:36 AM
**** this team, coach, and every player on the roster. They all ****ing suck.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:39 AM
**** this team, coach, and every player on the roster. They all ****ing suck.

Must you be so wishy washy?

Taco John
10-25-2010, 10:40 AM
I didn't read Kiszla's article (and wont), but I don't need to. I'll be suprised if by Thanksgiving Tebow isn't our starter.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
I didn't read Kiszla's article (and wont), but I don't need to. I'll be suprised if by Thanksgiving Tebow isn't our starter.

I'll bet you on that barring injury.

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:44 AM

If not the fans will be throwing frozen turkeys ....

Taco John
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM

I already have a bet with you Baja that you're nowhere close to winning. I don't think I want to initiate another one.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:46 AM
If not the fans will be throwing frozen turkeys ....

Depends on what happens next week and going forward.

Taco John
10-25-2010, 10:48 AM
Depends on what happens next week and going forward.

I don't think next week matters if we win - only if we lose. Beating a 1-6 49ers team is what's supposed to happen. Winning that game isn't going to change the home field dynamics for our fan base. Mabye trouncing them at home would do that, but the home field fans are going to be out for blood regardless of what happens in London.

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:48 AM
they have to win next week, because the chorfs defense will tear invesco up and it's SD on the road ... then thanksgiving. Lose 2 of 3 or even all three, the natives who shell out a thousand bucks a game will not be in the mood for the same **** they've seen for two years now. Three, really.

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:52 AM
I don't think next week matters if we win - only if we lose. Beating a 1-6 49ers team is what's supposed to happen. Winning that game isn't going to change the home field dynamics for our fan base. Mabye trouncing them at home would do that, but the home field fans are going to be out for blood regardless of what happens in London.

IF, IF they beat the chorfs at Mile High, McDaniels catches a break. Losing to SF on a national feed will be bad. Couple that with a defeat at home to the chorfs ... Bowlen might actually have to fire McDaniels and just eat it.

I really thought they'd limp through at 7-9 or 6-10 at worst, and then get a lock out in 2012 and then sell the fans on Tebowtime to keep sales up, but the homers here not withstanding, yesterday was worse than any Saban era loss to KC of Oak at Mile High

Rascal
10-25-2010, 10:53 AM
I feel sorry for Orton actually. He is going to get thrown under the bus, and while he is a factor he isn't solely responsible for this debacle. Orton is a solid QB IMO.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
They played like they were out of gas. Flying to London to play next week isn't going to help that.

baja
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM

Not so much the final score but the intensity with which we play. There is a chance McD could lose this team after yesterday's performance

TonyR
10-25-2010, 10:59 AM
There is a chance McD could lose this team after yesterday's performance

Yesterday's performance may indicate he already has lost them, unfortunately. They quit yesterday, that's for sure.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Seattle certainly disagrees.

Maybe, but Oakland certainly doesn't.

Nor do Indy.

Nor Tennessee, Baltimore, The Jets or Jacksonville for that matter.

Still, at least Seattle disagrees.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Maybe, but Oakland certainly doesn't.

Nor do Indy.

Nor Tennessee, Baltimore, The Jets or Jacksonville for that matter.

Still, at least Seattle disagrees.

Kyle Orton on 3rd down this year:

78.5 QB rating
39-69 for 446 yds
3 TDs
2 INTs
8 rushes for 39 yds (10x better than our rbs!)

Not spectacular....but certainly decent for a team with a struggling OLine and no threat whatsoever of running. He's not nearly as bad as you are claiming.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 11:14 AM
Kyle Orton on 3rd down last year:

86.9 QB rating
84-153 for 933 yds
10 TDs 3 INTs

Clearly, Kyle just sucks on 3rd downs.....

The Joker
10-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Kyle Orton on 3rd down last year:

86.9 QB rating
84-153 for 933 yds
10 TDs 3 INTs

Clearly, Kyle just sucks on 3rd downs.....

I'd wager there were a lot of 5-6 yard gains on 3rd and long screens in there, I'd be interested to see what percentage of those plays picked up a 1st down.

If you feel he's a great 3rd down QB, then that's your prerogative. Personally, I don't feel confident when he drops back and we need a big 3rd down conversion.

bendog
10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I feel sorry for Orton actually. He is going to get thrown under the bus, and while he is a factor he isn't solely responsible for this debacle. Orton is a solid QB IMO.

yeah, I was gonna let it go, but the posting of the 3rd down stuff ..... Orton woud be fine with a steller defense and consistently seeing 3rd and less than 6. He's decent. And not a rapist.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
I'd wager there were a lot of 5-6 yard gains on 3rd and long screens in there, I'd be interested to see what percentage of those plays picked up a 1st down.

He's averaging over 11 yards a completion on 3rd down, so I'd say the 5 yarders are clearly more the exception than the norm....

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 12:01 PM
1. Does this clown Kizla get paid for this? Whatever he's paid it is too much. It reads like an internet blog written by someone at Chef's Planet, I thought at first the guy's name was Bob.
2. Kyle Orton is not and was not yesterday our biggest problem. An aging and weak defense, injuries, a nonexistent running game, a porous o-line, an inadequate special teams are far more critical on our lists of things to fix.
3. That said, would McD use him as a scapegoat and promote Tebow before he's ready? I certainly hope not, but at this point nothing would surprise me but I think it would be daft to do it and also wouldn't fix anything even if the guy does play well. Just putting him in yesterday would not have fixed anything and probably would've gotten him injured for no reason.

coachmastermind
10-25-2010, 12:56 PM
I think Orton = Plummer... in this respect:

When Plummer started hearing the boo's during the '06 season, and people chanting for "Cutler" he lost all confidence and tanked. When the rumors came out the Shanahan was going to put give Cutler after the bye-week, he crumbled in KC on Thanksgiving.

I think when the Broncos started to use more of Tebow against the Jets his confidence in how long he'd be the guy started to dwindle. As Tebow got more snaps, and when he scored the TD and the place went crazy, I think Orton's confidence went with it. Yesterday, when the crowed boo'ed and chanted "Tebow! Tebow!" ... I think he is just a lame duck QB like Plummer at that point.

That has nothing to say about his ability- but even if you change jobs and put in your notice, you are kind of a lame duck at the job you currently have till you're done, you don't give your very best... I wonder if he's feeling the same way, he's the lame duck, stop gap.

Popps
10-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Yesterday's performance may indicate he already has lost them, unfortunately. They quit yesterday, that's for sure.

Yea, this team needs Dawkins back out there.

This is one of the reasons, as much as I hate him as a human being... Ray Lewis was an intriguing rumor when it was going around. This team needs talent, but it also needs leadership... strong leadership.

But, we're also a makeshift team, right now. We've got a collection of cast-offs and back-ups playing key positions.

Give me Dumervil, Ayers a healthy Dawkins, a healthy Clady... and I think we're looking at a different kind of team.

I agree, though... they looked like quitters yesterday. Or, maybe they were just stunned.

Popps
10-25-2010, 01:04 PM

When Plummer started hearing the boo's during the '06 season, and people chanting for "Cutler" he lost all confidence and tanked. When the rumors came out the Shanahan was going to put give Cutler after the bye-week, he crumbled in KC on Thanksgiving.

I think when the Broncos started to use more of Tebow against the Jets his confidence in how long he'd be the guy started to dwindle. As Tebow got more snaps, and when he scored the TD and the place went crazy, I think Orton's confidence went with it. Yesterday, when the crowed boo'ed and chanted "Tebow! Tebow!" ... I think he is just a lame duck QB like Plummer at that point.

That has nothing to say about his ability- but even if you change jobs and put in your notice, you are kind of a lame duck at the job you currently have till you're done, you don't give your very best... I wonder if he's feeling the same way, he's the lame duck, stop gap.

I hope that's not the case. Our teams problems are many, but QB is just not one of them right now.

But, this does all go to support my theory that your average fan really can't see past the QB position. Something wrong? Change QB's. It must be that.

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 01:09 PM

Going to respectfully disagree. I do agree Plummer crumbled, but while this painful excuse for a game would indicate contrary, prior to this Orton stepped up when he had to compete in training camp and preseason. He's worked exceptionally well with our Wide Receivers and was on track to setting passing records. Yesterday I hope, I hope was an abomination, in what will continue to be a season where he fights and competes. Unfortunately he can't do it alone, so while I have hopes he will "bring it" it won't be enough if the rest of the team doesn't as well.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 01:14 PM

Nah, the last two games were affected MUCH more IMO by his attempts being cut in half. Look at the numbers. Instead of throwing over 50 times a game like he was doing early on, he's only attempted 50 passes combined over the last two weeks.

Add to that the fact that we've had more outright drops the last few weeks and there you have it IMO. The first few weeks, our guys seemingly caught everything even remotely close to them. The last two weeks I've seen more than just 2 or 3 clean drops. Not good.

10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Beating a 1-6 49ers team is what's supposed to happen.

Whoa now!

You guys are 2-5.

This one will be a dogfight. A tossup for sure.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 01:45 PM

This post has too much common sense for some of these idiots.
That Jhns or whoever probably can't comprehend this.

Like someone else posted...and I agree...McD and Orton were pretty much the only two who DID NOT GIVE UP in that game.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
You support the coach. You hate this team. Pretty simple.

I support the coach...(at this time...) Hate the team? Where do you even get that idea? Yeah...if I hated the team would I even be here...I watched that game or at least listened until the very end (when others walked out of the stadium)...and I have tickets to the AZ game in Glendale...yeah, I really "hate" this team ... so much I spent the money for hotel, airline and game ticket plus...Like I said, you are so far from the truth of what I think...all you really want to do is argue...it feeds your ego somehow...

Miss I.
10-25-2010, 01:54 PM
I support the coach...(at this time...) Hate the team? Where do you even get that idea? Yeah...if I hated the team would I even be here...I watched that game or at least listened until the very end (when others walked out of the stadium)...and I have tickets to the AZ game in Glendale...yeah, I really "hate" this team ... so much I spent the money for hotel, airline and game ticket plus...Like I said, you are so far from the truth of what I think...all you really want to do is argue...it feeds your ego somehow...

Still think you should've come to London Sassy. I would've let you and Hogan sleep at my place and we could've taken the train to Wembley for tailgating and stuff. ;D

Sassy
10-25-2010, 01:58 PM
Still think you should've come to London Sassy. I would've let you and Hogan sleep at my place and we could've taken the train to Wembley for tailgating and stuff. ;D

Yeah...oh yeah don't tell that Jhns dude that we considered that game as well.... Gee, I would go all the way to LONDON to support a team I hated! LOL!
Whatever...he's really not worth the time but it is entertaining somewhat. He's NEVER wrong....lol.

That would have been a blast!
and I would have brought the rum! ;D

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
He's NEVER wrong.

At least you are finally understanding this. I know, I know... It was sarcasm. Too bad everything I have said is showing to be true.

You have to hate this team to support McDaniels. Why else would you do it? Just because he is part of this team? Just because one of my loved ones has cancer doesn't mean I should support cancer. Cancer is clearly not good even though a person I love has it. You would have to hate that person to support cancer. This is you, and everyone here, supporting McDaniels. You have to hate this team to like what he has done to it.

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:13 PM
This post has too much common sense for some of these idiots.
That Jhns or whoever probably can't comprehend this.

Like someone else posted...and I agree...McD and Orton were pretty much the only two who DID NOT GIVE UP in that game.

Ummm, that is dumb. The OFFENCE put up 21 against this team. This teams offense put up 21 points against this team. The OFFENCE did not move the ball at all and continually put the defense in horrible position. I bet if we look up average starting field position, it won't show that the offense was helping....

Way to show off that football knowledge. I think it would be best if a lot of you stopped talking **** while you are way behind.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 02:16 PM
Ummm, that is dumb. The OFFENCE put up 21 against this team. This teams offense put up 21 points against this team. The OFFENCE did not move the ball at all and continually put the defense in horrible position. I bet if we look up average starting field position, it won't show that the offense was helping....

sweet lord it's like 2006 and replace Orton with Plummer, and TJ and I are arguing, some things in life sure are cyclical

Sassy
10-25-2010, 02:18 PM
nope...that's where you are wrong...I DON'T have to hate this team to support McD.
Duh...you support finding the cure not cancer.

I SUPPORT THE TEAM WIN OR LOSE...no matter who the coach is...why is that so hard to understand.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 02:19 PM
and of course, the 59 points Oakland put on the board were ALL Orton's fault...whatever.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 02:20 PM
people don't get that it's possible to support the team and not necessarily like or support a particular player/coach

it's useless to try and convince them

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Seriously...jhns loves to lay all the blame on the offense, yet his boyfriend over in Chicago has been CONSTANTLY putting his defense in impossible situations for the year and a half that he's been there and you know what? They step up and make stops. I don't think they've given up more than 30 pts in any game.....even the numerous times he's had 4+ turnovers in a single game.

Yesterday, Cutler had 4 INTs and a fumble. I think they had around 6 or 7 three and outs in a row when he wasn't turning it over. His defense gave up 10 pts.

Sassy
people don't get that it's possible to support the team and not necessarily like or support a particular player/coach

It's kind of like the "fine line" with Brandon Marshall...you can't like him for his skills but dislike him as a person...there is no "gray line" just black and white (according to some). I am a Marshall Hater...according to them...I can't like the way he plays...it's black or white.

Rock Chalk
Bench the best offensive player we have when the going gets tough.

Brilliant.

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:25 PM
and of course, the 59 points Oakland put on the board were ALL Orton's fault...whatever.

Which no one has said, so why argue with yourself? Orton was part of the problem. There is no way a team in the NFL scores 59 points if the other team has even one phase of the game playing even mediocre football.

Popps
10-25-2010, 02:29 PM

Oh, I think most people get that.

What most people don't get, is the elation when that coach fails. Given, we're talking about a small handful of very sad people, but they are also some of the loudest around here. Guys who were ass-hurt that Shanny left, and were going to take it out on whoever the next coach was.

There have been posters like Taco and SoCal... who were livid over the coaching change, but came around to give the new staff a fair shot and have been fairly supportive, and critical when called for.

Basically, it gets down to the difference between a troll and a real fan.

BPC is a troll, Taco and SoCal are real fans.

So, I think people really do get it.

jhns

LOL

Wow, this really came from you? The guy that cried how I was a bad poster and fan for not liking McDaniels? The guy that had to put me on ignore because I just couldn't admit when I was wrong? Funny stuff. I wonder why it is that I never admitted to being wrong? I know, it is just one of my many flaws. That has to be it!

Sassy
You don't even make sense.

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:32 PM
Bench the best offensive player we have when the going gets tough.

Brilliant.

Someone said to bench Clady? That is pretty dumb.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
What kills me is "I hate the team" because I support McD...
Yeah...that's why I've been to:

Minneapolis
Denver (every year)
San Diego (and all but one of those was extremely painful!)
New Orleans
Houston
Cleveland
Arizona (in the works)
and considered London!

Just to support a team I don't like? Be real. Geeze.

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:33 PM
You don't even make sense.

I say the same thing about you, so where does that leave us?

HAT
10-25-2010, 02:34 PM
I noticed jhiz hasn't voted yet. Interesting.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=94616

Sassy
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM

Well if you'd quit telling me "What I think" that would be a start.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 02:36 PM

Maybe we should take a vote on that Hilarious!

Rabb
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM
Don't even bother Sassy, just put him on ignore and be done with it. It's funny because he's too stupid to not reply to you anyhow even if he knows you ignore him.

He will also make all these sweeping claims and have no evidence when called on it. Just ignore him and you'll be happier.

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:38 PM

Then stop talking ****.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Then stop talking ****.

Why...you don't!

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Don't even bother Sassy, just put him on ignore and be done with it. It's funny because he's too stupid to not reply to you anyhow even if he knows you ignore him.

He will also make all these sweeping claims and have no evidence when called on it. Just ignore him and you'll be happier.

Well that is just because the majority don't really ignore me. How else would you guys know what I say all the time?

Anyways, I would love for you to point out these claims. This is a new reason for ignoring me that I haven't heard yet. I wonder if it's becuase you are trying to counter the claims I just made. It couldn't be, I'm on ignore.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 02:41 PM

Good point...he doesn't even know what he's arguing anyway. LOL!
I intentionally irritate him...it's fun to see the comments from everyone else bitching about him in my rep! Ha!

jhns
10-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Why...you don't!

But... So?

Just kidding. I don't talk crap to anyone that doesn't do it to me. I have a flawed sense of justice.

Bronco Rob
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM

:strong:

Hulamau
10-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Problem is - if there is a coaching change as everyone seems to want, who's to say that new coach wants Tebow as his starter?

Bingo... new coach in all likely hood means Tebow gets traded to restock a smaller number of picks next spring. Any new coach is gonna want as many new picks as he can get ,and unless he's already a certified Tebow homer, and appreciates his many intangibles, most NFL coaches are gonna be VERY leery of hitching their star to Tebow.

Unless Bowlen made it a condition of hire to keep the Tebow gravy train going here...

SouthStndJunkie
10-25-2010, 03:53 PM
they havent won 4 out of 17, theyve won 10 out of 23.

its a fair point to say what their record is SINCE they started 6-0, dont act like those games didnt happen.

By that line of logic, Mike Shanahan wasn't 11-12 his last 23 games with Denver, he was 138-86 as the head coach of the Denver Broncos....don't act like those games didn't happen.

Like it or not, it's a what have you done for me lately league.

That 6-0 start doesn't mean jack **** right now to anyone.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 03:55 PM
By that line of logic, Mike Shanahan wasn't 11-12 his last 23 games with Denver, he was 138-86 as the head coach of the Denver Broncos....don't act like those games didn't happen.

didn't mean jack **** at the end of 2009 either unfortunately

if anything, it's just embarrassing

HAT
10-25-2010, 03:56 PM
Bingo... new coach in all likely hood means Tebow gets traded to restock a smaller number of picks next spring. Any new coach is gonna want as many new picks as he can get ,and unless he's already a certified Tebow homer, and appreciates his many intangibles, most NFL coaches are gonna be VERY leery of hitching their star to Tebow.

Unless Bowlen made it a condition of hire to keep the Tebow gravy train going here...

Unless Orton gets traded this off-season...Tebow starts next year and has some success but McD still gets canned in 2012 for a lackluster 3 year record. New coach wouldn't be getting Tebow sight unseen in that scenario.

Or Gruden may be sick of the TV gig when McD's contract is up. He's got a Te-crush in the first place.

HAT
10-25-2010, 03:59 PM

Neither does the 2-8 finish then.

2-5 and a 2-1/2 game deficit in the AFCW is all that matters right now.

orinjkrush
10-25-2010, 04:07 PM
as shanny and John le Duche Elway have shown, HCs and QBs are tied at the hip

Hulamau
10-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Seriously...jhns loves to lay all the blame on the offense, yet his boyfriend over in Chicago has been CONSTANTLY putting his defense in impossible situations for the year and a half that he's been there and you know what? They step up and make stops. I don't think they've given up more than 30 pts in any game.....even the numerous times he's had 4+ turnovers in a single game.

Yesterday, Cutler had 4 INTs and a fumble. I think they had around 6 or 7 three and outs in a row when he wasn't turning it over. His defense gave up 10 pts.

Not giving a pass for our D for the flame out yesterday, but Chicago's D was not missing its top two pass rushers and outside linebackers, was not missing two of its top three corners and two of its top three safeties either. Just saying at some point those kind of injuries WILL catch up to you!

Specially after 4 very tough physical games in a row.... It was a Perfect S*** Storm of a scenario for us yesterday.

Before you could say 'Boo' its 21-0 .... Oakland has all their RB's back and they are a run first team ... and their pass defense is the strenght of the defense.

Sooo with spotting them 3 TDs in a thetfirst few minutes it took us out of any run game balance and put it on on the passing game going into their strenght when they could press all day long.. ALas Orton and the Oline had an off day as well.

WE actually started to creep back into it when we lost yet another corner in Cox after which Vaughn came in and promptly gave up the last 14 points and only points Oakland scored in the second half.

That all being said ... the pathetic effort of a lot of these guys who obviously mailed it in from 24 -0 onward was unforgivable and is what made it so over the top at 59-14. .... A Perfect S*** Storm indeed.

One from which we either bounce back and win the majority of our remaining division games or we could be coach shopping again in January ... I really hope not for all our sakes!

baja
10-25-2010, 04:45 PM
I already have a bet with you Baja that you're nowhere close to winning. I don't think I want to initiate another one.

Why? Don't you think I can afford to lose more than a sixer of beer?

baja
10-25-2010, 04:52 PM
Yea, this team needs Dawkins back out there.

This is one of the reasons, as much as I hate him as a human being... Ray Lewis was an intriguing rumor when it was going around. This team needs talent, but it also needs leadership... strong leadership.

But, we're also a makeshift team, right now. We've got a collection of cast-offs and back-ups playing key positions.

Give me Dumervil, Ayers a healthy Dawkins, a healthy Clady... and I think we're looking at a different kind of team.

I agree, though... they looked like quitters yesterday. Or, maybe they were just stunned.

I don't think the D falls apart like they did if Dawkins was on the field.

As much as I hate to say it Ray Lewis would not have let the D lose focus the way they did.

I was disappointed with Wink yesterday when he could not stop the bleeding yesterday. He should have found a way to get them refocused. Champ is a great player but not a player the guys can rally around, DJ neither.

baja
10-25-2010, 04:56 PM

Good point That D has to be playing well to keep the score close with all of Jay's mistakes.

baja
10-25-2010, 05:00 PM

LOL Ain't that the truth

gobroncos313
10-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Here's the deal. Mcd will be successful or replaced. I think Bowlen gives him another couple years unless we see more of what we saw last Sunday then it may come sooner.

I can guarantee you that Bowlen loves Tebow, Elway loves Tebow. Tebow sales tickets for Bowlen. Tebow is a dynamic QB who will be successful in the NFL, Bowlen knows this, Elway has said this. Back in 94 Bowlen went out and got the coach that he felt would work well with Elway. That being said if Mcd is replaced I can bet you that Gruden is #1 on the list. He has been successful in the NFL and he absolutely loves Tebow. Did you see the pre-draft interviews with Gruden and Tebow, Gruden was punch drunk with Tebow.

Mark my words if McD is replaced and Gruden is available he will be the next Broncos coach.

This being said I still think Mcd will be successful. I don't think he will be too successful with Orton. Orton can put up the stats between the 20's but is just not a play maker in the redzone. In the preseason Tebow showed he could run the offense especially for being so new to the system. Tebow has the intangibles that just can't be taught and once he takes the reigns and gets comfortable will be a top NFL QB. Lets give them some time.

Dudeskey
10-25-2010, 09:44 PM

Or a Cardinal

bombay
10-25-2010, 09:48 PM
Orton is taking a beating for the team because every team they play knows exactly what they're going to do and just unloads on him. Quinn should be the backup so he can go in and tae the beating. Tebow was just a ridiculous waste of a 1st round pick.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Here's the deal. Mcd will be successful or replaced. I think Bowlen gives him another couple years unless we see more of what we saw last Sunday then it may come sooner.

I can guarantee you that Bowlen loves Tebow, Elway loves Tebow. Tebow sales tickets for Bowlen. Tebow is a dynamic QB who will be successful in the NFL, Bowlen knows this, Elway has said this. Back in 94 Bowlen went out and got the coach that he felt would work well with Elway. That being said if Mcd is replaced I can bet you that Gruden is #1 on the list. He has been successful in the NFL and he absolutely loves Tebow. Did you see the pre-draft interviews with Gruden and Tebow, Gruden was punch drunk with Tebow.

Mark my words if McD is replaced and Gruden is available he will be the next Broncos coach.

This being said I still think Mcd will be successful. I don't think he will be too successful with Orton. Orton can put up the stats between the 20's but is just not a play maker in the redzone. In the preseason Tebow showed he could run the offense especially for being so new to the system. Tebow has the intangibles that just can't be taught and once he takes the reigns and gets comfortable will be a top NFL QB. Lets give them some time.

I guess this is the thread to say 59-14 sets the clock ticking really fast.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 10:45 PM
Orton is taking a beating for the team because every team they play knows exactly what they're going to do and just unloads on him. Quinn should be the backup so he can go in and tae the beating. Tebow was just a ridiculous waste of a 1st round pick.

I'm not sure any of this is correct.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure any of this is correct.

this

07-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Kiszla nailed this one.

strafen
07-26-2011, 09:41 AM
i love how after a single game, everyone is ready to throw orton under the bus, despite the fact that without him we might not have the 2 wins we do, and the losses would have been 2x as bad

It was! ROFL!

jhns
07-26-2011, 09:51 AM
At least you are finally understanding this. I know, I know... It was sarcasm. Too bad everything I have said is showing to be true.

You have to hate this team to support McDaniels. Why else would you do it? Just because he is part of this team? Just because one of my loved ones has cancer doesn't mean I should support cancer. Cancer is clearly not good even though a person I love has it. You would have to hate that person to support cancer. This is you, and everyone here, supporting McDaniels. You have to hate this team to like what he has done to it.

This. You all loved McDaniels driving this franchise in the ground. You all hated every real fan that questioned him. Every McFan has proven wjat they know about football. That would be nothing.

Abqbronco
07-26-2011, 09:58 AM
This. You all loved McDaniels driving this franchise in the ground. You all hated every real fan that questioned him. Every McFan has proven wjat they know about football. That would be nothing.

Did you just agree.... with yourself? Weird

tsiguy96
07-26-2011, 09:59 AM
glad tebow is taking the reigns. i respect what orton has done and he is still a winner in the NFL with a good TD:INT ratio (especially if you look at the first 11 games of every season, for some reason he SUCKS down the stretch, year after year). but glad hes moving on and denver has tebow to take the position to another level...hopefully

jhns
07-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Did you just agree.... with yourself? Weird

I have to. There are too few here that actually know something about this sport.

Why is it that Bronco fans would love watching the team get driven into the ground? How can you then claim to like the team?

Drunk Monkey
07-26-2011, 10:07 AM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/487258945/1256054_normal.jpg
KingNeckbeard (http://twitter.com/#!/KingNeckbeard)Kyle Orton

I better get traded somewhere with warm weather and skinny bitches with big fake tits who love anal. Looking in your direction Miami!

Drunk Monkey
07-26-2011, 10:08 AM
KingNeckbeard (http://twitter.com/#!/KingNeckbeard)Kyle Orton

I think some Cuban skank, speaking in Mexican screaming "Ay Papi Orton!" has a nice ring to it.

Abqbronco
07-26-2011, 10:16 AM
I have to. There are too few here that actually know something about this sport.

Why is it that Bronco fans would love watching the team get driven into the ground? How can you then claim to like the team?

Whatever. I just thought this crap got buried when Lil' Joshie got canned. I guess we can debate this again. It should be about as much fun as that other weird thread that Dagmar should have destroyed.

I'll start. Cutler's a whiny crybaby that wouldn't return McD's call. Now you make a point about McD ruining the team.

jhns
07-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Whatever. I just thought this crap got buried when Lil' Joshie got canned. I guess we can debate this again. It should be about as much fun as that other weird thread that Dagmar should have destroyed.

I'll start. Cutler's a whiny crybaby that wouldn't return McD's call. Now you make a point about McD ruining the team.

I don't need to make that point. He made it for me with the worst season in franchise history...

Abqbronco
07-26-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't need to make that point. He made it for me with the worst season in franchise history...

Then perhaps, just maybe, possibly, you could let it go. I'm just sayin'.

jhns
07-26-2011, 10:41 AM

Not likely.

mkporter
07-26-2011, 10:48 AM

The mane isn't exactly known for people "letting it go."