PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Josh McDaniels to succeed?

The MVPlaya
10-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Whatever succeed means in your opinion... do you wish that Josh McDaniels achieves it here in Denver? or even wish for him to do well here?

FireFly
10-25-2010, 02:30 AM
Everyone is upset.

This is still my team.

I want Josh to turn it around right now, here.

I was thinking, if Josh gets fired now or at the end of the season, what does that mean for Tebow? A lot of coaches won't favor him like Mcdaniels does/will

broncocalijohn
10-25-2010, 02:36 AM
I have been on record that he has been hard headed at some things and I have questioned some of his play calling but I have never said he should be fired. I support him and hope he succeeds so that equates to that we are winning.

The MVPlaya
10-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Everyone is upset.

This is still my team.

I want Josh to turn it around right now, here.

I was thinking, if Josh gets fired now or at the end of the season, what does that mean for Tebow? A lot of coaches won't favor him like Mcdaniels does/will

Josh won't get fired now or next season. Even the Chiefs didn't fire Haley after last season.

Long term financially, Tebow is part of the equation no doubt about it... and there are probably only two teams in the NFL that are interested in him as a QB and that's the Broncos now, and the Patriots. Bills don't count...

I think Josh gets at least 4 years here (his contract) unless we see multiple occurrences of this.

We are lucky right now to be in the AFC west this season...

Next week in 49ers is a MUST WIN game... I think if we can win that game in a good fashion, we'll go into the bye week with some good momentum and energy... then if we can handle the Chiefs @ home after the bye we'll be in good shape.

The opportunity is there, and that's why we watch the games.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 03:15 AM
Yes, anyone who answers no is an asshole.

However, for the first time since he was appointed I don't actually think he will.

He does some good things, but there's absolutely no excuse for the egg we laid yesterday. I said last week that the next 10 games would tell us a lot about the direction that he was taking the team. We showed some encouraging things against some really good opponents over the last month, I felt that playing against weaker opponents we'd be able to get some victories to go with the positives.

But then we go out there and do that. Comfortably the single most pathetic performance I've witnessed in my time as a Bronco fan. 38-0 down after about 20 minutes of football.

There is no excuse, and I'm absolutely gutted and stunned by the whole thing.

I was right about one thing though. We did learn a lot about this year's Denver Broncos, and it's that they are pathetic.

I reckon he should still get 2011 to try and turn it around. At the very least he'll probably help the development of Tebow, so that's a positive...

I think he's been exposed though, sadly.

Bronco Yoda
10-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Everything is going to plan.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6uEG_t73Jnw/SKA5x9DLpcI/AAAAAAAAASo/weO-5yaVypA/s400/belichik+dr+evil.jpg

BroncoInSkinland
10-25-2010, 04:26 AM
Absolutely hope he succeeds. If he doesn't it means the Broncos are losing games, and I hate that, and I would guess almost everyone else on this board does as well. Now ask if people think he WILL succeed. They are two very different questions. And as they old saying goes, wish in one hand...

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 04:45 AM
I want him to succeed, and I still think he will succeed.

Bronco Rob
10-25-2010, 05:02 AM
everyone is upset.

This is still my team.

I want josh to turn it around right now, here.

+1

SlipperyPete
10-25-2010, 05:31 AM
Josh won't get fired now or next season. Even the Chiefs didn't fire Haley after last season.

Haley's team won more games than they did the year before and was playing decent ball at the end of the year (beating Pittsburgh, crushing us). Why on Earth would he have been fired?

On the other hand, Josh's team started strong and the wheels have been falling off ever since. The two situations aren't remotely comparable.

UberBroncoMan
10-25-2010, 05:35 AM
I think Josh will win a Super Bowl as a HC in this league...I'm having doubts it will be with us though.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-25-2010, 05:42 AM
I love this "McD will be a successful HC somewhere else" line of reasoning. Does anyone actually think that another franchise would allow a second chance on a guy who failed as spectacularly as this?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-25-2010, 06:40 AM
This is the bottom, lads. Every team has 'em, every coach goes through 'em. How we react to the bottom is the key.

If we can come out in London and put it on the Niners for four quarters, things won't look so dire next week.

But they look pretty dire right now.

And yes, I support the coach. The coach is responsible for winning games. I always support the coach.

Lolad
10-25-2010, 06:56 AM
what kind of dumb question is that? I want my Broncos to win, so obviously he needs to get his **** together.

But I'm not going to blindly follow him when I see whats getting put on the field every Sunday. We haven't been consistent all season. Our run defense is terrible our pass rush is terrible. Wink is in over his head, I don't see any exotic blitzes to help out with pressure.

Broncoman13
10-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Stupid poll. Why not ask, do you want the Broncos to win, Yes or no?

Rabb
10-25-2010, 07:03 AM
I want the team to succeed so yes. What a dumb ass question.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 07:03 AM
The poll should be 'Does Mcd wants Denver team to Succeed?"

jhns
10-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Of course I want him to succeed. The problem is he always does things in a way that makes it impossible to succeed. It is weird that you all love this way of doing things...

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Winning is the ultimate deodorant.

I like the guy. Maybe it's because I live in Dallas that I don't see all the "arrogance" or "ego" as everyone else does. But I like the guy. I like that he's young and energetic. He's a good family guy, he seems to care about his players and does what he can to put them in good positions. Does it always work? Obviously not. Even the best ones lose stinkers on occasion. I really do think he has the chance to be one of the brighest minds in the NFL. I'm hoping he blossoms in Denver, but that time may be running short if they continue to falter like this.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 07:24 AM

Are you implying he's tanking, on purpose, to bring down an entire franchise? Why wouldn't the head coach of a team want his product to succeed?

WolfpackGuy
10-25-2010, 07:31 AM
Does he?

What he's doing is not working.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I want the HC to succeed. He has to find the right buttons to push to get this turned around.

bloodsunday
10-25-2010, 07:59 AM
This is a loaded question. I definitely want him to succeed. What I am more concerned about is how long is the appropriate amount of time to decide if he is succeeding.

So far this is what I see/believe:
1) I think he has the right plan to build this team -- but that's they easy part
2) I'm not sure he's executing his own plan
- I don't like (as a general philosophy) drafting 3 offensive skill position players in the first round in his first 2 drafts
- Half the guys on defense are FA and nearing the end of their careers
- He's given up a boat load of draft picks
3) I don't see any reason to think this team is tougher, mentally or physcially, then the teams in Shanahan's last 4 years

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 07:59 AM
I think he can start by not trying to be cute with the playcalling and decisions being made. Ease up on the throws on first down, especially when the defense can sniff out what you're trying to do. No more of Thomas returning kicks - find one guy and go with it. Knock it off with the end-arounds and silly screens that defenses have already seen on tape. Injuries have this defense hurting, but the younger ones don't look like their heads are in the gameplan. Go back to the basics - run the ball and stop the run. It seems to be working for KC.

Calm, fitter, healthier and more productive - a pig in a cage on antibiotics.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 08:00 AM
I want Josh to succeed. I desperately do. I've just come to the conclusion that what is keeping Josh from that is Josh himself. In the process, he has killed this teams identity, insisted that he knows better then anyone around him - Bates, Goodman, Nolan. Behaved like a pratish brat - "The player", the immature escapades with Marshall, and taunting of San Diego players - when he said "we", he meant the patriots. He rarely says anything nice about his own players, and often tosses other people under the bus. The alarm bells went off the second they canned Mike Leech. The've been dinging ever since.

I really honestly picked him to do better this year - 10-6. But I really think that Oakland is the least talented team of the AFC West this year, and we just made them look like world champions.

I think he has made good choices as well, while the Cutler trade looks good on paper he has never been able to consistently produce a offense that scores - but certainly the Tebow acquisition, Dawkins, Nolan (before Josh decided that he wanted to run the defense), Bruton and McBath.

So I want Josh to do well. The only thing keeping him back is himself. At some point he needs to learn that being head coach doesn't mean it's all about him, it means that it's all about team - and that includes people he didn't hand pick, and roles that people other then him have to play.

lostknight
10-25-2010, 08:02 AM
I think he can start by not trying to be cute with the playcalling and decisions being made.

Honestly, I think this team would be 5-1 right now...

If we had Charlie Weiss as a offensive coordinator.

Go back to the basics - run the ball and stop the run. It seems to be working for KC.

Except that's not Josh's mentality or his system. He came in with a simple premise and promise - the NFL is going to be pass dominated. Give up ZBS and thousand yard rushers for thousand yard wide receivers.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Except that's not Josh's mentality or his system. He came in with a simple premise and promise - the NFL is going to be pass dominated. Give up ZBS and thousand yard rushers for thousand yard wide receivers.

Well, the Colts have proven against that old adage, though. I think the run/stop philosophy is important, but things have shifted to becoming more of a passing league. The difference between Denver and those NE teams is the Patriots' passing game was so good, they used effectively it to set up the run. In Denver, there have been few opportunities to try to do the same. I think the running game has started coming around these past couple weeks, but it never had the chance to get on-track yesterday.

Hamrob
10-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Wanting him to succeed and him actually succeeding are quite different. He wasn't ready to be a headcoach...certainly not one that makes personnel decisions to boot. He's failed...it's over. We would have to play like superbowl champs to make it to 8-8 at this point. Two years in a row without glimpses of improvement. The guy talks a good game...he wants the team to resemble the lines that come out of his mouth...but, he has no idea how to make it happen. He'll finish out the season, pack his bags and be gone. He'll settle in somewhere as a QB coach or college OC and then perhaps in 5-10 years get another shot. But, he's done...stick a fork in him.

The interesting thing to watch...will be if Bowlen has the stones to admit it. I mean...Bowlen fired Shanny and this is the kid he hand picked. Seeing him fail...means he failed and miserbly. Will he be big enough to admit it?

Personally, I hope Bowlen pulls the trigger on Ellis...what the hell good has that loser done?

In regards to McD...his biggest mistake has been in the personnel arena. Don't get me wrong. Guys like Thomas, Tebow, Beadles, Walton, Decker are all good players and have lots of talent. With the right coaching, each of these guys will be very good in the NFL for a long time. Add Moreno to that mix (whose a bust IMO for a #12 pick) and that's alot of new good players. But, here's the "What if" equation:

What if, we used those 3 #1's, #2 and 2 #3's on defense? Wasn't McD supposed to be a offensive mastermind? Wasn't our offense pretty good before he got here? Why use all that ammo on Offense? Couldn't he did just as well with Lloyd, Gaffney, Royal, and a couple free agents on Offense...until he had build a stong defense. Wouldn't that have balanced things out a little. I mean that's 7 high end picks to go along with Ayers (#1), Smith (#1), McBath (#2) and Bruton (#3). Think about how much better our defense could have been. In my mind...this is where McD failed...and why when you really get down to it...that he'll end up getting fired.

Kaylore
10-25-2010, 09:53 AM
MaloCS and his weird "he's not Bronco enough" vote for the no. Cue him making some kind patriot semen comment.

Popps
10-25-2010, 11:12 AM
Interesting poll, but very few will be honest enough to really vote what they're feeling.

We all know the truth on this issue. A small chunk of unhappy people would rather be "right" than have this team succeed.

Takes all kinds, I guess.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2010, 11:57 AM
I love this "McD will be a successful HC somewhere else" line of reasoning. Does anyone actually think that another franchise would allow a second chance on a guy who failed as spectacularly as this?

Why not? There was coaches who failed the first time around to win superbowls. I can think of one right off the bat. His name is Mike Shanahan. I believe another was Vince Lombardi.

ant1999e
10-25-2010, 12:18 PM

The poll should be "Does go_broncos want the broncos to fail so he can bitch and moan about McDaniels".

HAT
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Stupid poll. Why not ask, do you want the Broncos to win, Yes or no?

Because jetmeck and Malo are too dumb to understand it when it's worded this way. Hilarious!

~Crash~
10-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Jimmy Johnson seemed to be in about the the same place as McD is in now ...

bendog
10-25-2010, 12:31 PM
If McDaniels first two drafts produce an Aikman, Emmitt, Wiz, Darryl Johnson, Stepnowski, Tolbert, wright, jimmie jones and kenneth gant ... color me purple dank.

ScottXray
10-25-2010, 12:58 PM
I want McD to succeed and so voted yes. The embarassment yesterday
is now in the books. While they were showing McD on the sidelines you could see that he was fuming,,,yet he kept himself under control, and there were No outbursts like there have been before. So He HAS grown a bit. Not sure (for the first time) that he WILL succeed, but I do believe that he will still be coaching here for the next year at least.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 02:39 PM
This poll is like asking "When did you stop beating your wife"