PDA

View Full Version : What Will Our 2011 Draft Position Be?

RhymesayersDU
10-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Pretty obvious. Rock the vote, baja style.

ZONA
10-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Sort of a weak choice list. We know we're not picking above #20 so you should have made it

1-5
5-10
10-15
15-20

I'll say 5-10

HAT
10-25-2010, 12:18 AM

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 12:26 AM
32nd, BOOM.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 01:06 AM
I'd guess we end up with a top 10 pick for sure. Unless we trade it for 4 3rd rounders or something slick like that.

RhymesayersDU
10-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Sort of a weak choice list. We know we're not picking above #20 so you should have made it

1-5
5-10
10-15
15-20

I'll say 5-10

See I actually agree with you, but I wanted to give any optimists their voice. Hence #32. I still could have made the choices more defined though.

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 07:28 AM
Can that DE from Iowa play in the 3-4?

Rabb
10-25-2010, 07:30 AM

I think Clayborn can play in any system honestly, but Iowa mainly runs 4-3

jmz313
10-25-2010, 08:08 AM
Where ever the pick is. McD will miss on it big. i say between 9-12.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 08:09 AM
I just hope Bowlen will send Mcd to another planet during draft day.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 08:12 AM

I would imagine he'd make a very good 3-4 DE. His strength is against the run and he's a very powerful player.

3-4 DE has to be the odds-on favorite for where we spend our 1st round pick next year. I'm guessing we pick in the 6-14 range.

Luckily this seems to be a good year for 3-4 DE prospects. On top of the aforementioned Clayborn, there's guys like Allen Bailey, Cameron Heyward and maybe even Marcel Dareus if we suck enough over the next few months.

The only other direction I can see us going is CB. Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara and Brandon Harris all have a chance to go high next year, one of them may represent the best balance of BPA and need when we make our pick.

I'm not sure how you pass on Peterson if he's there, the guy looks a bonafide stud.

If McDaniels doesn't address the D-line next year I'm going to personally fly to Denver and beat the **** out of him.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Broncos may not even be running a 3-4 next yr. Who knows who the new coaches will be. No way Bowlen going to sick with mcdaniels. If he does it could mean he wants to get books in order, get CBA done, and sell team or something.

All NFL teams going to be dropping in value. May be time to sell.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 08:31 AM
Honestly take away the SD castoff at NT and Broncos don't really have any. 3-4 DE? nope not a decent one in the bunch, just a bunch of castoffs and never have beens. Big inside linebacker? Nope don't have them.

This team would be better off running a 4-3.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 08:34 AM
I'm gradually calming down from the loss, and as I do I think that keeping McDaniels at least one more year is the thing to do.

Mainly because of Tebow.

I think he has the potential to be absolutely awesome in our offense, I'd regret not at least having a chance to see what he could do in it before throwing in the towel on McD.

The Joker
10-25-2010, 08:39 AM
Honestly take away the SD castoff at NT and Broncos don't really have any. 3-4 DE? nope not a decent one in the bunch, just a bunch of castoffs and never have beens. Big inside linebacker? Nope don't have them.

This team would be better off running a 4-3.

I'd agree, only for the OLB's.

Doom isn't an every down player in a 4-3, and Ayers looks like a perfect compliment to him on the other side.

We need some more physical talent on the D-Line though, whatever system we intend to run.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
I still prefer having a huge 4 man front with super fast linebacking in behind them.

Broncos 3-4 looks like a bunch of pansies hitting the dance floor.

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 12:02 PM
I would imagine he'd make a very good 3-4 DE. His strength is against the run and he's a very powerful player.

3-4 DE has to be the odds-on favorite for where we spend our 1st round pick next year. I'm guessing we pick in the 6-14 range.

Luckily this seems to be a good year for 3-4 DE prospects. On top of the aforementioned Clayborn, there's guys like Allen Bailey, Cameron Heyward and maybe even Marcel Dareus if we suck enough over the next few months.

The only other direction I can see us going is CB. Patrick Peterson, Prince Amukamara and Brandon Harris all have a chance to go high next year, one of them may represent the best balance of BPA and need when we make our pick.

I'm not sure how you pass on Peterson if he's there, the guy looks a bonafide stud.

If McDaniels doesn't address the D-line next year I'm going to personally fly to Denver and beat the **** out of him.

BPA, or no BPA, there is no try.

ColoradoDarin
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
Eh, Voted #32 just to mess with it, but really I see us in the 8-12 range.

mattob14
10-25-2010, 03:48 PM

This would be the year if they're going to go with a DE. In addition to the guys mentioned here, Cameron Jordan could be a late 1st-rounder and Nick Fairley has the potential to be as good as any of them. I'd love to see one of the top DE's in round 1, then address CB in round 2. There should be some good depth at CB and a guy like Jimmy Smith would be a nice pick.

robbieopperude
10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
I would say Denver will be picking between pick 6 and 10. I can't see us beating the Chargers, I think we split with K.C. and we likely lose to Oakland again. I think teams are now looking on the schedule and circling Denver as an easy win. I bet that is what the Rams are doing right now. We probably finish the year 6-10 or 5-11 due to all the injuries. Maybe we win week 17 if that team is going to the playoffs and rests there starters.

In the draft I see DE or DT as the need pick. I think there is a good player from North Carolina and Alabama that fall right about that 5th or 6th pick. If we end up winning a couple we shouldn't and pick 10 we probably need to trade back and take the DE from Ohio St.

I still think Champ resigns with Denver in the offseason.

FantomForce
10-25-2010, 04:26 PM
"And with the number one overall pick the Broncos select Mark Ingram RB from Alabama"-cut to boomer "Coach Cowher wants to bolster up the running game with that pick" -cut to Chucky "why the hell wouldn't he take another QB?" -cut to Mr. Bronco Tom Jackson "oh sh*T we need some D in Denver"

oubronco
10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Who ****in knows we still have 9 games to play and wherever it is we better be gettin some mean nasty sumbeeches who play hard strong football

Garcia Bronco
10-25-2010, 06:07 PM
I say there won't be a draft

RhymesayersDU
10-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I say there won't be a draft

Ooooooh, I really should have thought of that.

Good call.

ZONA
10-25-2010, 06:31 PM
I think we scrap out 7 wins at most. My low end is 5 wins. With the injuries we have, the damage is done. We have a few rookie OL men who just need the seasoning. I said between 5-10 but I'm going to just go ahead and call an exact number. I'm going with the 8th pick. My guess is we'll be looking at one of the top MLB in the draft with out 1st pick. I don't think we'll look at CB's early since we do have a good young core of them to go with some aging good ones but I do think we could look at a Safety in round 2 since we are banged up there and Dawk isn't getting younger. Then it's onto the DL with the next 3 picks. Finding powerful big guys who can stuff the run. We'll have Doom to rush and Ayers looked like he was improving in that area.

So my break down on what we'll be looking for would go like this:

MLB
S
DL
DL
DL
OLB
TE
RT

gunns
10-25-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't care where we pick, it just damn well better be majority defense.

Requiem
10-25-2010, 07:21 PM
We will be selecting 8 overall.

listopencil
10-25-2010, 07:45 PM
We'll get 12th and trade it back for the 18th and 10th in the second. With the 18th we'll get an interior linebacker, and a Safety with the 10th. The Mane will implode.