PDA

View Full Version : Who?

Broncoman13
10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
So who would you prefer coach this team?

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
I'd like Bill Cowher.

Broncoman13
10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Not saying that McD is done... I think it would be difficult to cut ties with him this early. But there are two things working against him. The last 17 games and more importantly the fact that Pat Bowlen expects to beat the Faid, especially at home. Remember what he told Mike Shanahan when he hired him? And Shanny paid off especially vs the Faid.

I do believe that McD is coaching for his job this week though. Again, I don't think making a move right now is the right decision. We've traded away too much talent and started bringing in "his" guys. To start over right now is another 2-3 years of similar results, unless you bring in a Parcells type to turn it around.

Broncoman13
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
The other issue I see is the fact that a lot of "professionals" didn't think too highly of Tebow. But I'd bet that John Gruden would work with him (loved him coming out of FL), Tony Dungy would probably like him due to his character and work ethic, and Bill Cowher would have a heavy running game so could deal with him and physically, Tebow is quite similar to Worthlessberger.

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 06:23 PM
You wait, coach will have the guys ready to play in Amsterdam next week.

jhat01
10-24-2010, 06:24 PM
Parcells is available right? Just sayin...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Cowher.

Make the call tonight, Bowlen!

Broncoman13
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Bill Cowher, begs McD to stay on and coach the offense and add 3-4 mind in Wade Phillips. Cowher knows how to run the ball and gets the guys that have the temperament to run the football 35-40 times per game.

John Gruden, says Mike, I like your defenses. I have 3 pieces here in Denver to work with, but we have some good draft picks and can right the ship.

Tony Dungy, calls Lovie and says lets do it right in Denver. DJ Williams is an excellent Mike and can really drop in space making our defense effective. We'll have to draft a DL early, and OLB Early, and a pair of Safeties...early. We may even have to consider bringing in Ngata, even if it means giving up a 1st round pick.

Harbaugh is the biggest question mark here. Who does he prefer at QB. Can he work with Tebow? Who would he bring in for defense, Mike Singletary would make sense.

Then you have to start going to down the ranks of OL coaches, RBs coaches, and the like. I like Wink as a OLB coach but bet he would be cut with the rest.

OBF1
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM
Keep what we have. You girls (Sorry ladies) act like we just lost the superbowl.

WABronco
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I care more about the team building side of things. I'd kill for a guy like John Schneider.

Broncoman13
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM
Keep what we have. You girls (Sorry ladies) act like we just lost the superbowl.

Why do you suggest we keep what we have? I gave my reasons for why I think it's a bad time to switch... but it could be coming!

GoHAM
10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Other, yep don't really care as long as it's other than McDaniels.

broncswin
10-24-2010, 07:15 PM

Superbowl....superbowl....there is no fing way we could lose it..we couldn't get to it...we just got monkey raped by the fing faid!:oyvey:

loborugger
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM
We keep McD. Here is why...

There has been a vast change in the team in the last year and a half (not talking about personnel traded). We have gone to a 3 4 defense. We have gone away from a ZBS team to a power run team. We predominantly throw vs predominantly running. These changes need time.

The team has talent issues. We need help on the O Line and front 7. That will be true whoever is the coach.

I look around the league and see the teams that are constantly changing coaches, and their collective success level is low. Heck, even Al the crypt keeper figured out that running a coach outta town after each season is not the road to success & has kept Tom the Cable Guy around for a couple of years. I believe he is undefeated at Mile Hi.

Look at the HCs in the league... Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Tom Cable, Jack Del Rio, Brad Childress, Eric Mangini, etc, etc. As much as there is a talent hole at QB, there is also a talent hole at HC, as in there arent as many quality HCs as there are teams.

If this is next year, and McD's team is still laying eggs all over the place let him go.

As for all this retread talk... yawn. Those coaches had a moment of time with a group of talent. I guess if we had to take one, I would take Chucky.

One coach that might be let go this year that I could get behind bringing in immediately, it would be John Fox. His teams always have solid defensive play and special teams. And he got to the SB with Jack DelHomme.

Doggcow
10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
I'd kill for Cowher

Taco John
10-24-2010, 07:47 PM
I would never want Cowher to coach my team. I'm not a fan of Spittle Canon. If I have to choose from that list, give me Gruden.

Truthfully, I'd like Nolan. I think Nolan understands enough about the Broncos that he'd have his team ready at home to take on even a floundering Raiders organization. I like what Nolan brought last year, and believe that he'd make a good head coach.

WolfpackGuy
10-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Last year before everyone got traded and fired, Steve Spagnuolo.

TonyR
10-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Let's see...
Cowher, the guy Steelers fans wanted to run out of town for years and may not want to coach any more.
Dungy, they guy Tampa fans ran out of town who then inherited Peyton Manning and had some success. He may not want to coach any more either.
Gruden, who got run out of Tampa and is notorious for being hated by his players.
Harbaugh is probably the most intriguing of these "options".

briane
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
any of the above....

Rohirrim
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I couldn't stand the spitmeister. I'm beginning to wonder if the most important thing to have isn't a draft genius. Give any NFL coach a bunch of great players and he can probably win games with them. There's another Harbaugh doing a pretty good job with Stanford.

Aftermath
10-24-2010, 07:56 PM
harbaugh, he is a great coach

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 07:57 PM
Just about anyone in their 40's or older who has had multiple positions with multiple franchises and have held at least one HC gig.

Prefer Offensive guy who keeps the 3-4 but gets talent to actually run the 3-4 and not 4-3 guys who are forced to run the 3-4. Also someone who will bring back the zone Blocking scheme.

If Kubes is available next year Bowlen would be a fool to not make a change.

Popps
10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
We keep McD. Here is why...

There has been a vast change in the team in the last year and a half (not talking about personnel traded). We have gone to a 3 4 defense. We have gone away from a ZBS team to a power run team. We predominantly throw vs predominantly running. These changes need time.

The team has talent issues. We need help on the O Line and front 7. That will be true whoever is the coach.

I look around the league and see the teams that are constantly changing coaches, and their collective success level is low. Heck, even Al the crypt keeper figured out that running a coach outta town after each season is not the road to success & has kept Tom the Cable Guy around for a couple of years. I believe he is undefeated at Mile Hi.

Look at the HCs in the league... Wade Phillips, Norv Turner, Tom Cable, Jack Del Rio, Brad Childress, Eric Mangini, etc, etc. As much as there is a talent hole at QB, there is also a talent hole at HC, as in there arent as many quality HCs as there are teams.

If this is next year, and McD's team is still laying eggs all over the place let him go.

Excellent post.

It'll be lost on most, but still excellent.

TheReverend
10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
bill cowher, begs mcd to stay on

rofl!

Boltjolt
10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
LOL, Cower will be Carolina's HC next year and Dungy isnt coaching anybody next year. We will be stuck w/ Notv again im sure.

colonelbeef
10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Of the coaches named, I'd take Gruden. He is young and still has something to prove, yet commands respect with his pedigree.

RhymesayersDU
10-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Rex Ryan's brother, who is currently in Cleveland I believe.

baja
10-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Not saying that McD is done... I think it would be difficult to cut ties with him this early. But there are two things working against him. The last 17 games and more importantly the fact that Pat Bowlen expects to beat the Faid, especially at home. Remember what he told Mike Shanahan when he hired him? And Shanny paid off especially vs the Faid.

I do believe that McD is coaching for his job this week though. Again, I don't think making a move right now is the right decision. We've traded away too much talent and started bringing in "his" guys. To start over right now is another 2-3 years of similar results, unless you bring in a Parcells type to turn it around.

I usually agree with you but there is no way he is coaching for his job this week.

He and the way his players preform will be scrutinized much more closely from now on though

Zoobie
10-25-2010, 12:17 AM
Jim harbaugh from stanford plz kthnxbye