PDA

View Full Version : This is still my team...

Sassy
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
...even though it was the worst loss in team history and I am so frustrated with them, embarrassed for them and wonder what the hell they were doing today...I don't want to bench Orton...I didn't want Tebow in the game...and I don't want McD fired...yet...This was one of those games you just have to suck up and wonder what the heck...anyway...Here's to next week...GO BRONCOS! You're still my team! :strong:

PS Don't get me wrong...still pissed about the game and I get crabby every time they lose...but just thinking...they have a "fluke" game every so often and this may definitely be it...but there is nothing I can do about it....so I'll just read the board, wait for next week and drink my rum/dt. coke ;D

oubronco
10-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I hear ya Sassy but man this one stings like hell

Sassy
10-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Yes it does...there are no excuses...it was an ass kicking right from the get go...but here's to kicking some butt in London!

oubronco
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
They better load up for the run and stop Gore make them throw the ball that's how everyone else is beating them

lostknight
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm sorry. The entire "you can't criticize McDaniels and still be a fan" speel for years and years is sickening, and finally, over.

This is my team, but I see one really big freaken part of the team that needs fixing.

OBF1
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I am with you sister... I have been thru 4 superbowl losses and that loss to the Jags in 96 was alot worse than this game by far. I am a fan for life, will take alot more than this to sway me.

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm sitting here in a orange and blue painted room with a broncos border full of all Broncos memorabilia ... and no way I'm repainting or selling my crap LOL ....

bpc
10-24-2010, 05:07 PM
People don't need to prove their fanship, despite this debacle we've been watching since McDaniels took over... I think we all understand how terrible this has been to go through, from the very 1st presser McDaniels twitched his way through, stuttering like a little school-boy.

We'll make it through this but Bowlen and this scrub probably set the franchise back 4 or 5 years in the process.

Alas, eventually, we will recover.

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 05:08 PM
I like Broncos...That's the reason i want Mcdummy to be fired.

LongDongJohnson
10-24-2010, 05:08 PM
shut the **** up

Sassy
10-24-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm sitting here in a orange and blue painted room with a broncos border full of all Broncos memorabilia ... and no way I'm repainting or selling my crap LOL ....

LOL yep repainting is a pain in the ass and that Broncos memorbilia is too spendy to replace ;D

Sassy
10-24-2010, 05:10 PM
You idiots that want McD fired and want to bitch go somewhere besides this thread...You are ruining my day....even more than the team did today.

ant1999e
I like Broncos...That's the reason i want Mcdummy to be fired.

McDummy is ruining my life.:vermeil:

Quoydogs
Still my team..... On that same note if my son went in and shot a poor defenseless crippled child I would still love him too. Ha!

Popps
10-24-2010, 05:11 PM
Count me in Sass. It sucked. Brutal loss. But, I love me some Broncos.

Time to take the kids for ice cream and forget this game happened.

Sassy
I am with you sister... I have been thru 4 superbowl losses and that loss to the Jags in 96 was alot worse than this game by far. I am a fan for life, will take alot more than this to sway me.

AND I don't want Cutler back...either.

Spider
yeah these pig ****ing jerkoffs are still my team .......... but McD should be arrested for impersonating a head coach

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 05:12 PM
People don't need to prove their fanship, despite this debacle we've been watching since McDaniels took over... I think we all understand how terrible this has been to go through, from the very 1st presser McDaniels twitched his way through, stuttering like a little school-boy.

We'll make it through this but Bowlen and this scrub probably set the franchise back 4 or 5 years in the process.

/agree and rep ....

I hate that crap ... the better fan than you guy.

You could be anti shanny and wanted him gone like Wolf and others and STILL love your team , and hence you can Hate Josh want him gone and still love your team ...

A lot of very simple people here who don't seem to get you can do 2 things at once.

bpc
10-24-2010, 05:13 PM
You idiots that want McD fired and want to b**** go somewhere besides this thread...You are ruining my day....even more than the team did today.

Where do we go to vent about our ruined franchise if we can't bond, come back together and ask Bowlen for a change in leadership, which is needed.

United we stand, divided we have 60 pts hung on us by the Raiders, arguably the worst AFC team (besides us now) at home?

Time to call it a wrap and change course just in time for the lockout.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know if I agree that McD should be fired yet...he hasn't even had the team for a season and a half yet...and even though it sounds like an excuses...I believe major injuries have played a big roll in the losses.

There are a few other threads you can bitch and moan in. I'm done with bitching about this game...time to get over it and move on.

OBF1
10-24-2010, 05:17 PM
You idiots that want McD fired and want to b**** go somewhere besides this thread...You are ruining my day....even more than the team did today.

The ignore feature is worth its weight in gold... I never have to listen to GoBronco or lobstergirl, as well as the 50 others on the list ROFL!

Bob's your Information Minister
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Plenty of room on the bandwagon, baby.

Boogerboots
10-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Now I know how Tom Cable's ex-wife felt.. Uhh

This was an epic beatdown. But the Broncs are still my team.

Only questions remain to ask I guess is how do we run out the season.

Will Tebow be given more opportunities to run the full offense?

Will the coaching staff be turfed?

Should be another interesting couple of months ahead.

Popps
10-24-2010, 05:54 PM

You really are a POS.

Honestly. I've never even seen Bob so happy after we lost.

bronco militia
10-24-2010, 05:57 PM
I'll always be a broncos fan

Sassy
10-24-2010, 05:58 PM
The ignore feature is worth its weight in gold... I never have to listen to GoBronco or lobstergirl, as well as the 50 others on the list ROFL!

ROFL!LOL:sunshine:

Floyd44
10-24-2010, 05:58 PM
:strong:...even though it was the worst loss in team history and I am so frustrated with them, embarrassed for them and wonder what the hell they were doing today...I don't want to bench Orton...I didn't want Tebow in the game...and I don't want McD fired...yet...This was one of those games you just have to suck up and wonder what the heck...anyway...Here's to next week...GO BRONCOS! You're still my team! :strong:

gunns
10-24-2010, 06:02 PM
Of course they are still my team and that's why today has me so angry. This is a great franchise, with a great past history and is normally a formidable foe. I've been through losing seasons and I expect this one to be one. It doesn't matter who wins the SB, who wins the division, who beats the Broncos, the Broncos are still the best team in the NFL and I'm proud to support them. So damnit, don't ever do something with my team like you did today.

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Everyone does not need to start the predictable 'this is till my team' thread.

Of course they are still your team.

Almost all of us are Broncos fans....if each one of us started a thread proclaiming that we still were fans of our team, we would have hundreds and hundred of threads.

briane
10-24-2010, 06:04 PM
I admit I am one who keep hoping and rooting for players and coaches a little too long. It took me forever to give up on Greise. But now I find myself giving up on McDaniels. I dont want Orton benched or anything. I just looked like the team didnt care at all and for that I blame coaching. Ok, thats my little rant.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 06:04 PM
Everyone does not need to start the predictable 'this is till my team' thread.

Of course they are still your team.

Almost all of us are fans of the Broncos....if each one of us started a thread proclaiming that we still were fans of our team, we would have hundreds and hundred of threads.

Quit being an ass...you're one of the ones that bitches and moans every week when they lose...it gets old as well.

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Quit being an ass...you're one of the ones that b****es and moans every week when they lose...it gets old as well.

Is that right?

Don't take your anger out on me....the name calling is not needed and pretty juvenile on your part.

I'm simply pointing out that not everyone needs to proclaim their fandom because of a loss....we are all Broncos fans.

I think you may want to rethink your statement.

I tend to be one of the more levelheaded posters on this board.

I heap praise when it's due and I critique when it's due.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Not angry...just wanted to "chat" in a semi positive thread...looking forward to watching the Broncos play in London...like I said...time to get over this "fluke" of a game. GO BRONCOS! ;D

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2010, 06:10 PM
Not angry...just wanted to "chat" in a semi positive thread...looking forward to watching the Broncos play in London...like I said...time to get over this "fluke" of a game. GO BRONCOS! ;D

Seriously though....I am the first one to praise good play and I will critique bad play.

I want Josh to succeed as much as anyone, despite my criticism at times.

I've also lauded his work with Kyle Orton and the WR corp this year.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Seriously though....I am the first one to praise good play and I will critique bad play.

I want Josh to succeed as much as anyone, despite my criticism at times.

I've also lauded his work with Kyle Orton and the WR corp this year.

True enough...just wanted to keep the "Fire McD" out of this thread...there are enough of those going around already...every week!

Circle Orange
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
Oh the rage, the RAGE. It doth color my vision!

Is this loss as absurd as the Charger meltdown game awhile back?

As Berman would say....rumblin bumblin and stumblin....:clown:

BTW, McDaniels must go. Just thought I'd start that for the heck of it.

Rabb
10-24-2010, 06:14 PM

this

Sassy
10-24-2010, 06:14 PM
Of course they are still my team and that's why today has me so angry. This is a great franchise, with a great past history and is normally a formidable foe. I've been through losing seasons and I expect this one to be one. It doesn't matter who wins the SB, who wins the division, who beats the Broncos, the Broncos are still the best team in the NFL and I'm proud to support them. So damnit, don't ever do something with my team like you did today.

:yayaya:

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
You really are a POS.

Of course he's happy. He hates the Broncos and we are at the teams lowest point since I have been a fan. That's like 35 yrs. So yeah he is happy just like we would laugh if we beat Chiefs or Raiders this bad.

Broncos don't even deserve to play in the NFL. They are lucky Jet's, Indy, didn't bring the A game or it could be even more disturbing on the score board.

Another loss like this and Bowlen may have to fire Mcdaniels midseason and big some big name to come fix the Broncos. Might as well start now.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 06:24 PM

YES it was! Usually, I am pissed after losses...that game, I wanted to cry...but the weird thing about it...I saw the look in Elway's face...the determination. I had the strangest feeling that they were coming back to win...if not a SB then at least the AFC championship...and they did...they won it all.

Rock Chalk
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM

Nothing....NOTHING will ever top the ass kicking we took from the 9ers in the superbowl for me since I was living in the Bay Area at the time and was in elementary and everyone was SF fans and they all knew I was a Bronco fan.

No game will ever be as humiliating for me as that one was.

1) Im older and dont give a **** about other people's opinions.
2) There are more important things in life than football games. I love my team but I have not gotten emotionally invested in a team or a game in a very very long time. If we win, Im happy for about 30 minutes. If we lose Im sad for about 30 minutes. After that I dont think about it anymore.

What gets me is the fans here. All of them. Both sides of the fence. Over-reacting little girls. Read a game thread and you will see what I mean. Every single play, good or bad is over-reacted upon, and every game is a life or death situation when, in reality, its just a football game.

After I turned the game off, you know what I did? I went and played with my little girls out front and grilled some burgers. Just me and the family. Even had the broncos stomped the raiders ass today and the score was reversed, that little elation I would have felt from that win pale's in comparison.

So you people, all of you, need to really step back, and take a very long look at what is really important in your life and what is worth getting so emotionally invested in. If your answer is a football game, you are a sad, pathetic person and I feel sorry for you.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM
Good post Rockchalk.
The only times I ever got really emotional about Broncos games was that Jags game and the 1st SB win...

Popps
10-24-2010, 06:38 PM
Nothing....NOTHING will ever top the ass kicking we took from the 9ers in the superbowl for me since I was living in the Bay Area at the time and was in elementary and everyone was SF fans and they all knew I was a Bronco fan.

2) There are more important things in life than football games. I love my team but I have not gotten emotionally invested in a team or a game in a very very long time. If we win, Im happy for about 30 minutes. If we lose Im sad for about 30 minutes. After that I dont think about it anymore.

What gets me is the fans here. All of them. Both sides of the fence. Over-reacting little girls. Read a game thread and you will see what I mean. Every single play, good or bad is over-reacted upon, and every game is a life or death situation when, in reality, its just a football game.

After I turned the game off, you know what I did? I went and played with my little girls out front and grilled some burgers. Just me and the family. Even had the broncos stomped the raiders ass today and the score was reversed, that little elation I would have felt from that win pale's in comparison.

So you people, all of you, need to really step back, and take a very long look at what is really important in your life and what is worth getting so emotionally invested in. If your answer is a football game, you are a sad, pathetic person and I feel sorry for you.

Excellent, top to bottom.

Popps
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Of course he's happy. He hates the Broncos and we are at the teams lowest point since I have been a fan. That's like 35 yrs.

Oh god, you have a short-ass memory.

However you want to perceive it is fine, though.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out once we add a few more pieces and get our starters back.

No excuses for today, but to quit on the team or make statements like we're the worst we've ever been is just silly.

TailgateNut
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM

I'm with ya brother. But watching this "crapola" live sucked sweaty *&%$&*.

The MFing raider and their asshole fans in the stadium made me want to go postal.

Ahh, after the eulogy I'll get set for the Queefs who might slay us like the lame ass dog we are. Too many injuries, too many mistakes, ****ty playcalling, and we couldn't takle a test dummy.

I've seen **** years before and I'm sure I'll see a few more before they bury my sorry ass.

You guys were missed at the tailgater.

bpc
10-24-2010, 06:44 PM
You really are a POS.

Stick and stones my friend. You're just hurt because you were wrong (DEFINITELY not the first time, GUARANTEED NOT THE LAST) this whole time and the fan-base finally turned and realized it. It only took a 60 pt beatdown from one of the most inept franchises of this decade to push people over the edge and see where my position has been the whole time.

You are in the minority now and the time is ticking on McDouche. Thank god. I want my damn franchise back from this joke parading as a qualified head coach.

Paladin
10-24-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry. The entire "you can't criticize McDaniels and still be a fan" speel for years and years is sickening, and finally, over.

This is my team, but I see one really big freaken part of the team that needs fixing.

"Years and years"? that was Shanahan you fricking idiot....

Popps
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM
Stick and stones my friend. You're just hurt because you were wrong .

Oh really? McDaniels was fired?

Didn't hear the news. How can I be wrong, and about what?

I said it was time for a change.

It was.

I said I liked McDaniels' approach. I do.

What am I "wrong" about?

You, on the other hand... guaranteed us that Cutler was the next Elway.

Want to talk about wrong?

Anyway, congrats on your big day. I know you've been waiting for this. Pop the cork and celebrate, dude.

Sassy
I'm with ya brother. But watching this "crapola" live sucked sweaty *&%$&*.

The MFing raider and their a-hole fans in the stadium made me want to go postal.Ahh, after the eulogy I'll get set for the Queefs who might slay us like the lame ass dog we are. Too many injuries, too many mistakes, ****ty playcalling, and we couldn't takle a test dummy.

I've seen **** years before and I'm sure I'll see a few more before they bury my sorry ass.

You guys were missed at the tailgater.

I'll bet :(

tebowisdabomb
...even though it was the worst loss in team history and I am so frustrated with them, embarrassed for them and wonder what the hell they were doing today...I don't want to bench Orton...I didn't want Tebow in the game...and I don't want McD fired...yet...This was one of those games you just have to suck up and wonder what the heck...anyway...Here's to next week...GO BRONCOS! You're still my team! :strong:

PS Don't get me wrong...still pissed about the game and I get crabby every time they lose...but just thinking...they have a "fluke" game every so often and this may definitely be it...but there is nothing I can do about it....so I'll just read the board, wait for next week and drink my rum/dt. coke ;D

Best damn game ever !

TailgateNut
10-24-2010, 06:51 PM
Stick and stones my friend. You're just hurt because you were wrong (DEFINITELY not the first time, GUARANTEED NOT THE LAST) this whole time and the fan-base finally turned and realized it. It only took a 60 pt beatdown from one of the most inept franchises of this decade to push people over the edge and see where my position has been the whole time.

You are in the minority now and the time is ticking on McDouche. Thank god. I want my damn franchise back from this joke parading as a qualified head coach.
**** you, you POS. You are lower than a CrackwhoreRaiderFan. Celebrate somewhere else.

Don't you have a toilet to clean or some dishes to do? Fuqwahd

Popps
10-24-2010, 06:51 PM
"Years and years"? that was Shanahan you fricking idiot....

Hilarious!

Popps
10-24-2010, 06:53 PM
**** you, you POS. You are lower than a CrackwhoreRaiderFan. Celebrate somewhere else.

Don't worry, when the team starts winning... he'll jump on board, as long as it's a coach, QB and collection of players he was "right" about.

If not, he'll lay in waiting until the team loses, and then whine like a child.

He defines bandwagon fan.

Actually, that's too good for him.

Zoobie
10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I love all the McD hating. Was it inexcusable? Yes, quite. But honestly, what coach could we realistically attain? Cowher is the only person I would even consider, and i'm not even sure that's an option.

Rohirrim
10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
I've been a fan of this team for decades. I think the biggest hurt was that first SB. This town had climbed so high that it was a hard fall when the Cowboys won that game. Then, there was the humiliating beat down by SF in the SB. But this is the third time in a row that the Raiders have come into our house and kicked the Broncos' asses. There are losses, and then there are losses. This one is different. The worst defeat in team history. There is no candy coating or shrugging this one off. This one says the team is headed in the wrong direction.

Clockwork Orange
10-24-2010, 06:58 PM
I've been a fan of this team for decades. I think the biggest hurt was that first SB. This town had climbed so high that it was a hard fall when the Cowboys won that game. Then, there was the humiliating beat down by SF in the SB. But this is the third time in a row that the Raiders have come into our house and kicked the Broncos' asses. There are losses, and then there are losses. This one is different. The worst defeat in team history. There is no candy coating or shrugging this one off. This one says the team is headed in the wrong direction.

It's the worst one I can remember, honestly. The 55-10 Super Bowl was bad, but at least that was because the Broncos were completely overmatched by that 49er team.

The Halloween night massacre in Indy when Dickerson ran for like 800 yards on them was pretty awful, too, but that one doesn't even stack up to what we saw today.

The loss to the Jaguars in '96 was far more painful, but nowhere near as embarassing as what happened today. Today was a historic ass kicking.

listopencil
10-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I've been drinking hot chocolate with rum and caramel syrup in it since I got home from a ****ty day at work. So...yeah. The loss doesn't sting as much now.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 07:02 PM
I love all the McD hating. Was it inexcusable? Yes, quite. But honestly, what coach could we realistically attain? Cowher is the only person I would even consider, and i'm not even sure that's an option.

I wanted Cowher from day one...but I think that is unrealistic...not sure he would ever go back into coaching...I think he'll want to be there for his kids and being and NFL head coach that isn't going to happen.

bpc
10-24-2010, 07:05 PM

Thanks for the morality lesson. I don't think anybody gives a dick about what you think of them. If their priority is working their ass off 40+ hours a week so they can enjoy their hobby on Sunday, more power to them. Nobody is teaching you how to parent, stop teaching others how to live, think or react.

bpc
10-24-2010, 07:07 PM

Uh oh, fan-police member Failgate came out to let everybody know what he thinks about me.

I should feel bad now.

Nur.

bpc
10-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Don't worry, when the team starts winning... he'll jump on board, as long as it's a coach, QB and collection of players he was "right" about.

If not, he'll lay in waiting until the team loses, and then whine like a child.

He defines bandwagon fan.

Actually, that's too good for him.

mmmmm, right. You can lie to all these people but sadly i've known and posted on boards with you PRE-SUPER BOWL days. Spin it out however you want but history don't lie.

I'm anti-douchebag coaches which is why McD needs to go. It's pretty clear now. Label that however you want. Doesn't matter now. The writings on the wall.

Popps
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM
mmmmm, right. You can lie to all these people but sadly i've known and posted on boards with you PRE-SUPER BOWL days. Spin it out however you want but history don't lie.

I'm anti-douchebag coaches which is why McD needs to go. It's pretty clear now. Label that however you want. Doesn't matter now. The writings on the wall.

Dude, you just want to be right... and you've been hoping for this staff to fail since Shanny left. Wouldn't have mattered if it was McDaniels or anyone else.

We'll see if you get your wish.

Zoobie
10-24-2010, 07:13 PM
I wanted Cowher from day one...but I think that is unrealistic...not sure he would ever go back into coaching...I think he'll want to be there for his kids and being and NFL head coach that isn't going to happen.

That's kind of my thinking. I mean honestly who would we be able to get in the off-season? Talk Billick or Mooch into coaching again? Those aren't upgrades in my eyes. Beg Shanahan to come back? Perhaps Wade Phillips is jobless at the end of the year, I mean come on. This loss was a disgrace, I agree. Having said that, you just aren't going to build a team in what is essentially a year and a half. If after 4 years I don't see the arrow pointing up, I'd say can the coach.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:16 PM
Oh god, you have a short-ass memory.

However you want to perceive it is fine, though.

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out once we add a few more pieces and get our starters back.

No excuses for today, but to quit on the team or make statements like we're the worst we've ever been is just silly.

You just don't see it yet. There aren't but about 10 players on Denver worthy of starting in the NFL. If you count all the WR then maybe a few more.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
That's kind of my thinking. I mean honestly who would we be able to get in the off-season? Talk Billick or Mooch into coaching again? Those aren't upgrades in my eyes. Beg Shanahan to come back? Perhaps Wade Phillips is jobless at the end of the year, I mean come on. This loss was a disgrace, I agree. Having said that, you just aren't going to build a team in what is essentially a year and a half. If after 4 years I don't see the arrow pointing up, I'd say can the coach.

I agree completely...especially since with injuries ... major injuries...the Broncos are fielding a completely different team each week...not just with a couple players missing either.

Rohirrim
10-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I sure don't understand the idea about looking back on Shanahan. His laughable defenses were getting humiliated week after week. And they weren't going to get any better.

ColoradoDarin
10-24-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't get it, yeah the game sucked, but I'd rather get blown out than lose a heartbreaker like last week. We had the win in our hands only to have it ripped away. At least 5 minutes into this game I knew it was gone, just numb after that.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Then our depth is just horrid. Broncos have a lot of starters who should be special team/bkups and just not enough true nfl talent.

Partly I think what happened is Mcd made some bad decisions making up the roster. He needs someone to better then what he has to take over front office. Then get him a really good d coord with a proven track record. I do think he can call a game, design a passing game, work with qbs. But the oline really looks bad. Walton really shouldn't be playing right now.

Zoobie
10-24-2010, 07:20 PM
You just don't see it yet. There aren't but about 10 players on Denver worthy of starting in the NFL. If you count all the WR then maybe a few more.

We have holes on our team for sure, but seriously? Royal, Bay Bay, Graham, Clady, Orton, Moreno, Dawkins, Bailey, Goodman, Cox, DJ, J Williams, Ayers, Dumervil, just off the top of my head. Some people on here need to call it a night, sleep your over reactive typing off.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:20 PM
LOL can we just hire Bill Cowhers kids somehow then. He will follow them right?

errand
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
...even though it was the worst loss in team history

How quick e forget the 42-10 SB loss where we gave up 35 points on 13 plays in 8 minutes...or the 55-10 raping we got in SB XIV. How about giving up 90 points in two consecutive playoff losses to Colts? Those losses were the worse in team history...but i doubt anyone would feel better had we loss by 1 solitary point

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:26 PM
Everyone chill...

Love me some tunes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb6cBKE3WzQ

Sassy
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
I think they said worse loss on their home field...I don't mean SB losses...I mean reg. home game.

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:28 PM

Oh good lord...

You mean like the 32 players that were on this team from 2008 that aren't playing in the league now?

Perspective people!

This sucks, yes, but good lord...

The only reason this is even a 1/4-valid point is because of all the ****ing injuries. Otherwise, its overreaction and nonsense.

bendog
10-24-2010, 07:30 PM
Coach McDaniels has this team on the right track. I am content that he's ridded us of cutlter, hillis, marshall, schefler, the probowl snapper ..... all that dead wood. Sure we got our asses cleaned ... well we cleaned al davis's ass, but u know what I mean. But I'm content that Culter threw 4 interceptions in a pretty exciting game, and we have orton. whhhhhoooohoooo. Shanahan sucked. We didn't want the Jets coach, cause Couach McDaniels has the team headed in the rifht direction.

And all of you who don't see this are NOT TRUE FANS. This is not a summer time soldier moment. You're with us or against us. IT'S TIME TO MANUP AND CHOOSE! Coach McDaniels forever. We canstill make the playoofs.

ps errands right. losing superbowls and playoff games was no worse than that !!!!

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:31 PM
We have holes on our team for sure, but seriously? Royal, Bay Bay, Graham, Clady, Orton, Moreno, Dawkins, Bailey, Goodman, Cox, DJ, J Williams, Ayers, Dumervil, just off the top of my head. Some people on here need to call it a night, sleep your over reactive typing off.

Well Royal not an everydown player. Graham not an every down player. There are a 3rd wr/slot guy, and a blocking TE.

Bay Bay a rookie and has shown flashes but not proven.

Clady I will give you is a great player, just hurt this yr.

Orton I will agree on.

Dawk is getting long in the tooth. Can't rely on him for next yr. Already as season goes we are seeing some of the reasons he got cut loose in philly.

Moreno? please he isn't the answer. I don't agree.

Bailey I agree on.

Goodman is sort of avg. He's ok though i will agree.

Cox?- Your joking right? He is really bad

DJ- He is a starter....in a 4-3. In a 3-4 he gets washed out too much because hes not physical enough, but I will agree on him anyways.

J-Williams....cant play every down anymore, just can't be called a starter for us next yr.

Ayers and Doom I will agree on.

So throw in Kuper, Lloyd, and your getting close to 10 starters you can count on for next yr.

Ya it's that bad.

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Coach McDaniels has this team on the right track. I am content that he's ridded us of cutlter, hillis, marshall, schefler, the probowl snapper ..... all that dead wood. Sure we got our asses cleaned ... well we cleaned al davis's ass, but u know what I mean. But I'm content that Culter threw 4 interceptions in a pretty exciting game, and we have orton. whhhhhoooohoooo. Shanahan sucked. We didn't want the Jets coach, cause Couach McDaniels has the team headed in the rifht direction.

And all of you who don't see this are NOT TRUE FANS. This is not a summer time soldier moment. You're with us or against us. IT'S TIME TO MANUP AND CHOOSE! Coach McDaniels forever. We canstill make the playoofs.

ps errands right. losing superbowls and playoff games was no worse than that !!!!

Can someone show me where anyone has ever uttered any of this nonsense?

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:32 PM
Oh good lord...

You mean like the 32 players that were on this team from 2008 that aren't playing in the league now?

Perspective people!

This sucks, yes, but good lord...

The only reason this is even a 1/4-valid point is because of all the ****ing injuries. Otherwise, its overreaction and nonsense.

We aren't any better off then 2008 yet. Still basically in same spot except oline has got worst.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Missouri just helped me prove how bad it is. No better then 2008 but with a worst oline and Bailey a lot older. So our best player has dipped, and no one has stepped up. It's pretty bad on defense right now.

Missouribronc
Well Royal not an everydown player. Graham not an every down player. There are a 3rd wr/slot guy, and a blocking TE.

Orton I will agree on.

Dawk is getting long in the tooth. Can't rely on him for next yr. Already as season goes we are seeing some of the reasons he got cut loose in philly.

Bailey I agree on.

DJ- He is a starter....in a 4-3. In a 3-4 he gets washed out too much because hes not physical enough, but I will agree on him anyways.

J-Williams....cant play every down anymore, just can't be called a starter for us next yr.

So throw in Kuper, Lloyd, and your getting close to 10 starters you can count on for next yr.

Ya it's that bad.

This is ridiculous. Go have another beer and throw your computer out the window.

TailgateNut
How quick e forget the 42-10 SB loss where we gave up 35 points on 13 plays in 8 minutes...or the 55-10 raping we got in SB XIV. How about giving up 90 points in two consecutive playoff losses to Colts? Those losses were the worse in team history...but i doubt anyone would feel better had we loss by 1 solitary point

If you weren't a fan or were not even a gleam in daddys' eye back then you haven't felt this kind of humilation.

I remember the Washington game as if it were today. Lived in Yorktown,Va. back then and was the ONLY bronco fan in this local watering hole. I was a regular there but that day not only did we get our asses handed to us, but after they game two deadskin fans who had been talking **** all game attacked me when I came out of the john.

bendog
10-24-2010, 07:34 PM

You're right. This is no time to note Coach McDaniels should not be an nfl coach. He needs time to mature. These "non-bronco fans" are not like us real fans!!!!

WolfpackGuy
Fluke?

Losing by 6 TD's and change to a supposedly worse team?

Post of the entire forum's lifespan!

Missouribronc
Missouri just helped me prove how bad it is. No better then 2008 but with a worst oline and Bailey a lot older. So our best player has dipped, and no one has stepped up. It's pretty bad on defense right now.

You do realize that more than half of the starting defense at the start of the year is injured, right?

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
You're right. This is no time to note Coach McDaniels should not be an nfl coach. He needs time to mature. These "non-bronco fans" are not like us real fans!!!!

Fan police are ****ing annoying.

You MUST hate McDaniels!

It goes both ways you effing idiots.

bendog
10-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Can someone show me where anyone has ever uttered any of this nonsense?

hey, I'm just channelling the mane, man.

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:38 PM
hey, I'm just channelling the mane, man.

No, please, really. Show me where any of that nonsense was typed. I'd love to see it.

bendog
10-24-2010, 07:38 PM
You do realize that more than half of the starting defense at the start of the year is injured, right?

yeah man, if we had the starters in we would be better. no other team has injuries like this

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
yeah man, if we had the starters in we would be better. no other team has injuries like this

Yeah, because having 6 of 11 starters injured has no bearing on anything...

Actually, I would bet that no other team has 6 of their top 11 defensive players injured this week.

Go ahead, show me...

bendog
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
No, please, really. Show me where any of that nonsense was typed. I'd love to see it.

every ****ing day by the homers here; you just added a gem of your own. injuries. too funny

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:40 PM
every ****ing day by the homers here; you just added a gem of your own. injuries. too funny

You're an idiot if you don't realize that half of the starting defense was out.

TailgateNut
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM

No asshole, I was commenting on BPC chiming in. That little bitch has an orgasm everytime we lose.

baja
10-24-2010, 07:46 PM

Not all.

Pony Boy
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
I've been a fan a long time, I was sitting in the stands when Morton was throwing to Moses. Most of us will be fans forever but Head Coaches are paid employees of the organization. The way I see it McDaniel's is not doing what he's paid to do and that doe not make me a bad fan..... I love my Bronco's but not happy with where we are heading.

bpc
10-24-2010, 08:23 PM
Dude, you just want to be right... and you've been hoping for this staff to fail since Shanny left. Wouldn't have mattered if it was McDaniels or anyone else.

We'll see if you get your wish.

I wasn't hoping for these guys to fail. They had it written all over them and it wasn't hard to figure out within about two or three weeks of being here.

The people that didn't get it were afraid to pull off their orange and blue colored glasses and see how obvious it was.

Jack McDaniels is an insufferable asshole which is probably why he isn't respected by the vet coaches and why almost all of them took off within a year of coaching with him. He doesn't know how to communicate with people which is why you see all this shady, back-dooring of so many players/coaches in such a short amount of time.

bpc
10-24-2010, 09:28 PM
If you weren't a fan or were not even a gleam in daddys' eye back then you haven't felt this kind of humilation.

I remember the Washington game as if it were today. Lived in Yorktown,Va. back then and was the ONLY bronco fan in this local watering hole. I was a regular there but that day not only did we get our asses handed to us, but after they game two deadskin fans who had been talking **** all game attacked me when I came out of the john.

Hard to imagine that you've only had your ass beat in a bar once....

bpc
10-24-2010, 09:36 PM
No a-hole, I was commenting on BPC chiming in. That little b**** has an orgasm everytime we lose.

Somebody earlier was running off at the lip earlier saying, "You only come around here when we lose!"

Well, we're 4-12 over the last 16 games, so we're all basically walking into this forum after losses. Not much new or relevant to discuss besides how dreadful we are on the field.

It used to hurt to lose because we'd be in all these big time matchup's/prime-time games under Shanny. Now we get our ass stomped by a team that was/is one of the worst teams in this league and the shock effect has wore off. I'm really not surprised by anything anymore, except for how dumb some of the fans are, week after week, pining for this blowhard who's never going to win us a championship.

Zoobie
10-24-2010, 10:24 PM

Orton I will agree on.

Bailey I agree on.

Ya it's that bad.

Royal is a starter, and considering how many teams operate heavily out of a 3wr set, I'd say that is a fact.

Graham is one of the best blocking TEs in the game, and there are plenty of teams he'd start on.

Bay Bay, find me a team that wouldn't love to have him on their roster.

Have you seen our defense without Dawkins, he is a playmaker, a leader, and again, he'd start for a lot of teams in this league.

Moreno, eh maybe, the verdict is still out. Doesn't help how much we've shuffled the o-line and played star lineman such as Russ Hochstein and Stanley Daniels.

Goodman, again would start on many teams. He was a starter before he got here, and he's a starter now.

Cox, same as Thomas. Find me a team that wouldn't want him, he's a rookie forced into a starting role on a team that lacks a pass rush, do the math.

Jamaal is not an every down player, but he is great in rotation, and again it's not like if we hadn't signed him he'd be out of the league.

We have plenty of players on this team that would start on MANY other teams in the league, are they all super-stars at their respective positions? No.

To even compare the level of talent we have on defense now compared to 2008 is embarassing at best. We're talking about Boss Bailey, Nate Webster, Sam Adams, Marquan Manuel, Dre Bly, I mean come on. Without Ayers, Doom, Dawkins(Nate Jones as a starter makes me sick to my stomach), McBath, yea this D looks bad. Having said that have we forgot how they played last week against the Jets? They aren't as good as they looked then, but they aren't as bad as they looked today. I'm not excusing what went down today at Invesco, but that was definently a perfect storm of horrible events in the 1st quarter, and you'd be hard pressed to find a team that could've recovered from that.

Bronco Yoda
10-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Is this the thread where we all sit around the camp fire and sing Kum-By-Yah.

randomtask
10-24-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm still a bronco fan. Was when I was born, will be when i die. This loss hurts, no doubt, but I'm not gonna give up on them because of it.

Sassy
10-24-2010, 10:44 PM
i'm still a bronco fan. Was when i was born, will be when i die. This loss hurts, no doubt, but i'm not gonna give up on them because of it.

^5

Rock Chalk
10-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the morality lesson. I don't think anybody gives a dick about what you think of them. If their priority is working their ass off 40+ hours a week so they can enjoy their hobby on Sunday, more power to them. Nobody is teaching you how to parent, stop teaching others how to live, think or react.

Thing is chris, I dont give a **** what you do. Never have. You are the most pathetic person on this board. Im not teaching anyone how to live, think or react. Do what you do.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 01:05 PM
thing is chris, i dont give a **** what you do. Never have. You are the most pathetic person on this board. Im not teaching anyone how to live, think or react. Do what you do.

rofl!

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 01:07 PM
You can still be a Bronco fan and disagree with the direction of the team. 3-14 says we are going the wrong way so a change needs to be made and as Bronco fans, we shouldn't expect anything less than wanting to win every Sunday.

Having McDouche as our coach eliminates that hope for me now.

bendog
10-25-2010, 01:08 PM
You're an idiot if you don't realize that half of the starting defense was out.

you're an idiot for failign to realize mcdaniels can't get talent. and you're a pussy that needs filling, asshole.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 01:10 PM
Thing is chris, I dont give a **** what you do. Never have. You are the most pathetic person on this board. Im not teaching anyone how to live, think or react. Do what you do.

Wait I thought that was me? Oh that's right it's Lil Rocky running his mouth again. Punk.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 01:16 PM
Royal is a starter, and considering how many teams operate heavily out of a 3wr set, I'd say that is a fact.

Graham is one of the best blocking TEs in the game, and there are plenty of teams he'd start on.

Bay Bay, find me a team that wouldn't love to have him on their roster.

Have you seen our defense without Dawkins, he is a playmaker, a leader, and again, he'd start for a lot of teams in this league.

Moreno, eh maybe, the verdict is still out. Doesn't help how much we've shuffled the o-line and played star lineman such as Russ Hochstein and Stanley Daniels.

Goodman, again would start on many teams. He was a starter before he got here, and he's a starter now.

Cox, same as Thomas. Find me a team that wouldn't want him, he's a rookie forced into a starting role on a team that lacks a pass rush, do the math.

Jamaal is not an every down player, but he is great in rotation, and again it's not like if we hadn't signed him he'd be out of the league.

We have plenty of players on this team that would start on MANY other teams in the league, are they all super-stars at their respective positions? No.

To even compare the level of talent we have on defense now compared to 2008 is embarassing at best. We're talking about Boss Bailey, Nate Webster, Sam Adams, Marquan Manuel, Dre Bly, I mean come on. Without Ayers, Doom, Dawkins(Nate Jones as a starter makes me sick to my stomach), McBath, yea this D looks bad. Having said that have we forgot how they played last week against the Jets? They aren't as good as they looked then, but they aren't as bad as they looked today. I'm not excusing what went down today at Invesco, but that was definently a perfect storm of horrible events in the 1st quarter, and you'd be hard pressed to find a team that could've recovered from that.

Graham has no wiggle and isn't an every down TE. So Broncos still need a TE.

Goodman was a castoff and is very avg. I mean what big plays has he made? Very few and they throw his way all the time.

Cox? how about all the team that didn't draft him? He's not a hot commodity and not a good player.

Thomas looks pretty good.

Jammal , Bannan, are castoffs whose best yrs are behind them. They can't even play every down.

Then lets make a pro bowl list. Bona fide defenders who could go to a pro bowl this yr or next etc.

Bailey
Doom

That's it. Who knows if doom comes back as good. Some players dont after injuries.

Rock Chalk
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
Wow vitriolic hate in this thread.

Awesome.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Wow vitriolic hate in this thread.

Awesome.

Not just in this thread...it's almost the entire board! ROFL! but then again...what else is new.

oubronco
10-25-2010, 01:25 PM
Well sassy at least you tried to have a positive thread I give you props

Sassy
10-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Well sassy at least you tried to have a positive thread I give you props

^5:yayaya:Hilarious!

Yeah...I should know better on this board shouldn't I?

Popps
10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
The majority shares your passion, Sassy. The malcontents are just happy because we lost and they're always the loudest.

I'm already looking forward to next weekend, and hoping we can right the ship.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm on.

Sassy
10-25-2010, 07:33 PM
The majority shares your passion, Sassy. The malcontents are just happy because we lost and they're always the loudest.

I'm already looking forward to next weekend, and hoping we can right the ship.

Yep! Me too! I'm also NOT selling my AZ tickets!:approve:

Boobs McGee
10-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Nice thread sassy! I'm with ya...embarrassing as this loss was, it's only a loss, and we live to play another week until we're mathematically eliminated.

GO BRONCOS

Boobs McGee
10-25-2010, 09:05 PM
you're an idiot for failign to realize mcdaniels can't get talent. and you're a p***Y that needs filling, a-hole.

You just seem like such a sad, pathetic little ****. Do you beat your dogs too?

Requiem
10-25-2010, 09:08 PM
You really are a POS.

You are just realizing this now? ;)

broncocalijohn
10-25-2010, 09:45 PM

this reminds me if broncofan2438 threw all his remaining Broncos stuff that missed his last year's yard toss out last night.

broncocalijohn
10-25-2010, 09:50 PM
You just seem like such a sad, pathetic little ****. Do you beat your dogs too?

LOL! Those arent pets. He eats those dogs.

TailgateNut
10-25-2010, 11:48 PM
It sure does seem like this loss opened the door to some of the POS posters who cowered in their closets or had gone off to root for other teams in protest of some personell move the broncos had made in the past. Now these asswipes are back to gloat.
Just like am old Raiderfan aquaintance who didn't return my calls prior to the game when I called him to see if he was going to the game, but was the first to call me yesterday morning to gloat.

Weak sauce MFers.

.....and yeah, you guys know exactly who I'm talking about....

DHallblows
10-26-2010, 12:48 AM
you're an idiot for failign to realize mcdaniels can't get talent. and you're a p***Y that needs filling, a-hole.

If you could work posting less often into your day-to-day routine, that'd be fantastic

Drek
10-26-2010, 03:35 AM

I honestly don't get why you would criticize McDaniels at all for the loss on Sunday. The D didn't put up any resistance on the opening drive and then two massive **** ups by the offense lead to the team being down 21-0 before even half the first quarter was over.

This loss is entirely on the players not doing their jobs, plain and simple, and when they got in a hole they gave up. Thats what happens when you're playing 2nd and 3rd stringers at most positions and they aren't up to the challenge.

Its McDaniels' job to reverse those trends week to week, but he can't make it happen when the players spot the opponent 21 points.

I said before this game that I expected at least a 6-4 finish and was hoping for 8-2. That hasn't changed, he's just got one of the losses already.

fontaine
10-26-2010, 03:44 AM
I honestly don't get why you would criticize McDaniels at all for the loss on Sunday. The D didn't put up any resistance on the opening drive and then two massive **** ups by the offense lead to the team being down 21-0 before even half the first quarter was over.

This loss is entirely on the players not doing their jobs, plain and simple, and when they got in a hole they gave up. Thats what happens when you're playing 2nd and 3rd stringers at most positions and they aren't up to the challenge.

Its McDaniels' job to reverse those trends week to week, but he can't make it happen when the players spot the opponent 21 points.

I said before this game that I expected at least a 6-4 finish and was hoping for 8-2. That hasn't changed, he's just got one of the losses already.

It's pretty simple, McDaniels went out and got those players, and the assistants/position coaches.

I agree that injuries/individual mistakes like a pick six etc aren't specifically on McDaniels but you're absolutely right:

It's McDaniels job to reverse those negative trends.

We've known from week 1 that our running game is record settingly bad, along with a run defense that is average to poor going back to last year. Along with red zone scoring issues, 3rd down conversions etc etc.

What has McDaniels done to reverse those trends going back to last season?

His answer was to sign guys like Stanley Daniels, Baptiste, insert a rookie Center in the OL and trading for Lawrence Maroney?

Hilarious!

He certainly talks the talk about wanting to be a tough, smart football team but our finesse offense and mediocre DL says otherwise.

THAT is all on McDaniels.

Drek
10-26-2010, 04:44 AM
It's pretty simple, McDaniels went out and got those players, and the assistants/position coaches.

I agree that injuries/individual mistakes like a pick six etc aren't specifically on McDaniels but you're absolutely right:

It's McDaniels job to reverse those negative trends.

We've known from week 1 that our running game is record settingly bad, along with a run defense that is average to poor going back to last year. Along with red zone scoring issues, 3rd down conversions etc etc.

What has McDaniels done to reverse those trends going back to last season?

His answer was to sign guys like Stanley Daniels, Baptiste, insert a rookie Center in the OL and trading for Lawrence Maroney?

Hilarious!

He certainly talks the talk about wanting to be a tough, smart football team but our finesse offense and mediocre DL says otherwise.

THAT is all on McDaniels.

He's only part way into his second year. Its far too early to try judging anything.

This is what all the anti-McDaniels crowd doesn't get. They cry about how everyone is an apologist/homer when in reality its just having perspective. McDaniels was given a tough task made harder by two of his best young talents not wanting to be here. All most of us want is to just give him a chance.

Its entirely possible that McDaniels will be a failure here. Most head coaches end up failing, its why the profession has so much turnover.

McDaniels hasn't had a good break since our bye week last year but that isn't an excuse, its just the reason. If he doesn't find a way to win games he should lose his job. But he gets a reasonable window to prove it, hence the three year contract. If come the end of 2011 he hasn't turned it around then I'd completely agree with Bowlen if he wanted to replace him. But he gets that window to prove himself.

The MVPlaya
10-26-2010, 04:54 AM
He's only part way into his second year. Its far too early to try judging anything.

This is what all the anti-McDaniels crowd doesn't get. They cry about how everyone is an apologist/homer when in reality its just having perspective. McDaniels was given a tough task made harder by two of his best young talents not wanting to be here. All most of us want is to just give him a chance.

Its entirely possible that McDaniels will be a failure here. Most head coaches end up failing, its why the profession has so much turnover.

McDaniels hasn't had a good break since our bye week last year but that isn't an excuse, its just the reason. If he doesn't find a way to win games he should lose his job. But he gets a reasonable window to prove it, hence the three year contract. If come the end of 2011 he hasn't turned it around then I'd completely agree with Bowlen if he wanted to replace him. But he gets that window to prove himself.

McDaniels signed a 4 year contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3827759

The 32-year-old McDaniels signed a four-year deal with the Broncos to replace Mike Shanahan, the only NFL head coach to get fired by a team he led to consecutive Super Bowl wins.

fontaine
10-26-2010, 05:48 AM

Right, so it's far too early to see that trading for Maroney was a mistake? Benching Daniels for Hochstein was way too early and instead Daniels should have gotten all season??

For that matter it's way to early to judge the A Smith pick/Richard Quinn?

Please, be honest here: There's a difference in examing the whole team compared to improvement/regression by individual players and units.

You said yourself:

Its McDaniels' job to reverse those trends week to week

There is PLENTY McDaniels can do week to week, month to month. Except it's not working when it comes to the run game/OL/Defense.

You're overall generic sentiments about a coach getting a three year plan like this:

Are all fine and good when it comes to the whole team.

But it certainly doesn't excuse poor and pathetic play along the trenches, poor coaching, and numerous other mistakes week in week out that are becoming a hallmark of a weak finesse team.

mnfan
10-26-2010, 08:16 AM
So, the Raiders was the first Broncos game I've gone to in 18 years. I got the tickets from my wife for my birthday present and we decided on this game to go to because it was a rival and a game I thought would be entertaining. We decided to take the kids to Denver with us, I have three, one was a lap infant, because I want to raise them Bronco fans. If anyone has drug 5 kids through the airport you know how big of a hassle (and cost) it was.

We got to Denver on Thursday and toured the stadium. Took the kids, took pictures and had a good time. Stopped at the team store and dropped money on logo balls, a coffee mug, a frame for our picture on the field at the stadium, a Christmas tree ornament, some stickers.

Spent Friday and Saturday visiting relatives and exploring the mountains and red rock. Saturday night we spent a couple of hours shopping at Target, Kohl's and Wal-Mart for logo apparrel for the kids and my wife. Which, if you've ever clothes shopped with a 5, 3 and 1 year old, it can be fun. . . .