PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels presser after Raiders loss

The MVPlaya
10-24-2010, 06:00 PM
After giving credit to the Raiders he apologized to Bowlen and the organization + all the fans.

It is what it is but this is unacceptable.

Now I know how the Chiefs fans felt when we came into arrowhead and blew them out 44-13.

This almost feels like last year when we lost to SD at home and was desperate for a win and went on to beat the Giants...

Today was an embarrassment.

steeledude
10-24-2010, 06:01 PM
After giving credit to the Raiders he apologized to Bowlen and the organization + all the fans.

Now I know how the Chiefs fans felt when we came into arrowhead and blew them out 44-13.

This almost feels like last year when we lost to SD at home and was desperate for a win and went on to beat the Giants...

You're an embarrassment. When do you stop posting?

The MVPlaya
10-24-2010, 06:03 PM

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/148472-1/Okay_wtf_reaction.gif?

bpc
10-24-2010, 06:03 PM
McDaniels is an embarrassment. The coaching process should be vetted with a little more consideration than just handing the keys of the franchise to a 31 coach who still has his binky in his mouth.

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 06:04 PM

Apology to fans..
Won 4 games out of 17..
Mcdummy..****ing idiot..just fire yourself.

jmz313
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Snowballed outta control early and often but the 2nd half was very telling.... 7 to 21 after having time regroup... Pathetic effort even then.

ant1999e
10-24-2010, 06:05 PM

You drunk or just an ass?

orangemonkey
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Do you think he intentionally wore the Partriots hoodie just now or just grabbed the wrong one before the presser?

ant1999e
10-24-2010, 06:06 PM
Apology to fans..
Won 4 games out of 17..

Yeah right? Mcdummy is ruining this team. He's ruining my life Waaah!:vermeil:

scttgrd
10-24-2010, 06:08 PM

When do you start dealing with reality? I guess you are typical of the reason that McDaniels still has any support in this town.

bpc
10-24-2010, 06:09 PM
If McDaniels was truly sincere, he would have taken his last paycheck, sat it on the podium and left.

That would have told me more I wanted to know about this guy, like he's not going to mail it in like the team he led onto the field today.

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 06:11 PM
We are one of the worst teams in the NFL..Not sure, if we can win against teams like Rams or Lions.
We are a joke..

baja
Snowballed outta control early and often but the 2nd half was very telling.... 7 to 21 after having time regroup... Pathetic effort even then.

This is what bothered me the most about the game, the second half performance.

frerottenextelway
Tough loss. Probably takes him out of the Coach of the Year running, but you never know.

Fedaykin
They only acceptable apology would be his resignation filed promptly upon returning to Denver.

Mogulseeker
10-24-2010, 06:12 PM
Apology to fans..
Won 4 games out of 17..

When was the last time you made an actual contribution to this forum?

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM

I am learning from our coach..

Old Dude
10-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Flat, listless, confused. Outhit, outhustled, outsmarted. Blown out and humiliated. At home. By one of the weakest teams in the NFL.

One more like this and the staff is gone.

Natedogg
10-24-2010, 06:16 PM
link. im so arngry.

oubronco
10-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Flat, listless, confused. Outhit, outhustled, outsmarted. Blown out and humiliated. At home. By one of the weakest teams in the NFL.

One more like this and the staff is gone.

agreed

The MVPlaya
link. im so arngry.

I was watching it live... probably gonna be uploaded in a bit.

go_broncos

Strange..you are questioning me..
You should question our great hall of fame coach who took millions and ruining the team.

ro_50
10-24-2010, 06:18 PM
4-13 in his last 17 games, I have no more words. I was an optimist with this regime but after this start and this performance, even me, who's an optimist, I have no idea where this team is heading except having more L's in the loss column.

The Moops
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I looked at the score 3 times and still couldn't believe it. Earlier a buddy texted me to tell me "Boy Denver Sucks." I thought he was just busting my chops, as usual . . . NOPE. He's right:(

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 06:37 PM
I looked at the score 3 times and still couldn't believe it. Earlier a buddy texted me to tell me "Boy Denver Sucks." I thought he was just busting my chops, as usual . . . NOPE. He's right:(

We are a joke..I told this many times, When Jags won their first game against us, may fans including Pete Prisco told on the radio that they will know if Jags is a good or bad team after they play a NFL team.

Many people think Mcd is a joke.

Broncos4tw
10-24-2010, 06:38 PM
We were at home against a bad team with a crappy QB and 2nd year rookie whom we made both look like Probowl players. We are REALLY bad. The team was completely unprepared. This falls on the COACHING STAFF.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 06:40 PM
I think McDaniels is in over his head.

Taco John
10-24-2010, 06:45 PM
I think Orton is going to be the fall guy here. I mean, if the season is "over" in Ocotber (as it appears to be), then the question is whether or not Josh even has another one. From my couch cushion, it seems to me like Josh has one option to save his job: start Tebow now and use his growing pains and the injuries cushion the blow.

Don't get me wrong - I'M not throwing Orton under the bus here. I'm just looking at this from an analytical perspective, and that perspective is that the team is fundamentally flawed and is probably going to flounder at best for the rest of the season. Putting Tebow in now gives the team a new rally point, and allows Josh excuses for losses that he wouldn't otherwise have with Orton.

ant1999e
10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
I think Orton is going to be the fall guy here. I mean, if the season is "over" in Ocotber (as it appears to be), then the question is whether or not Josh even has another one. From my couch cushion, it seems to me like Josh has one option to save his job: start Tebow now and use his growing pains and the injuries cushion the blow.

Don't get me wrong - I'M not throwing Orton under the bus here. I'm just looking at this from an analytical perspective, and that perspective is that the team is fundamentally flawed and is probably going to flounder at best for the rest of the season. Putting Tebow in now gives the team a new rally point, and allows Josh excuses for losses that he wouldn't otherwise have with Orton.

What was our record when Shanahan pulled Jake for King Interception?

Popps
10-24-2010, 06:48 PM

We looked like total trash today.

But, we were very well prepared last week.

Today looked more like direct player ****-ups to me than a lack of preparation.

But, we did look very sloppy on defense and some of the early offensive play-calling was questionable.

It was trash, to be sure... and McD needs to answer for it. But, it's hard to point the finger at him, solely. No one did their job out there today. It was just bizarre.

Broncomutt
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM

I don't disagree with anything you've said, but if he isn't going to play Tebow while were getting destroyed and garbage time began in the 3rd quarter, do you really think he's going to start Tebow?

I could even hear Tebow chants on the TV.

Rascal
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM

He might as well throw in Tebow. We need to find out, for the next coach, if he is the future of this franchise or not. Orton, while a solid QB, will never be capable of leading a team to a victory by himself.

THE719!
10-24-2010, 06:50 PM

you know what he sounds like? the guy we just fired two years ago after blowout loss to blowout loss

Taco John
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM

But, we did look very sloppy on defense and some of the early offensive play-calling was questionable.

It was trash, to be sure... and McD needs to answer for it. But, it's hard to point the finger at him, solely. No one did their job out there today. It was just bizarre.

When a ball is fumbled and your players are consistently bending over to scoop it up - that's poor coaching. I don't know who should take the blame for that, but we've seen that way too many times this year.

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Did he talk about establishing the run?

HILife
10-24-2010, 06:53 PM
We are one of the worst teams in the NFL..Not sure, if we can win against teams like Rams or Lions.
We are a joke..

Rams an Lions are playing pretty well this year.

Rascal
10-24-2010, 06:55 PM
The coach is ultimately responsible for everything that happens to the team.

Gort
10-24-2010, 06:56 PM

i disagree with this assessment.

if McD wants to salvage this season, there is only one thing he can do.

we can't run. and we can't stop anybody. so we need to outscore everyone else.

switch to a full-game no-huddle offense run out of the shotgun. no point in wasting plays trying to run the ball anymore. put in 4 receivers and our best pass catching TE and try to put up 30+ points every game... like the Bills of the early 90's.

of course, this is impossible to implement mid-season without working on it since training camp, so we're screwed anyway.

2-5 after a 2-8 finish last season and we seem to be running in quicksand now. nothing is working. all we've got are a good young corps of receivers, an adequate game manager QB who is accurate (usually) but not mobile, and a good kicker.

Goobzilla
10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
I would have put Tebow in with 6 minutes left in the 3rd. OAK had just scored to go up 45-14 and we had it at the 20. Why the hell not? If he's not ready why the hell is he the #2? That wildcat/horses/swamp formation is USELESS now because McD is not going to let him throw the football.

UberBroncoMan
10-24-2010, 07:00 PM
What's funny is McD will prob win big somewhere else after his tenure here. McD is our Shanahan (if we're the Raiders).

Feels like this is a learning experience for him and we're just a step along the way in his career.

lostknight
10-24-2010, 07:01 PM

The offense was not in any way shape or form ready for last week.

Absolutely nothing worked. That's both coaching, and players.

We hold quarterbacks responsible for the entire offense. We hold head coaches responsible for the entire team. That's because they control the personal, cadence and execution. When they fail, we know who to blame.

bronco militia
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM

I've thought that ever since the rumor leaked that cutler's name was getting tossed around trade rumors.

(cutler didn't handle it well, but neither did the entire franchise.)

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM
What's funny is McD will prob win big somewhere else after his tenure here. McD is our Shanahan (if we're the Raiders).

Feels like this is a learning experience for him and we're just a step along the way in his career.

Never hire NE assistants as coaches..They are failure.
I doubt Mcd will get an opportunity as a head coach.
He might get in college level.

gunns
10-24-2010, 07:06 PM

This was nothing like us blowing out the Chiefs. The Broncos are a respectable organization, unlike the Raiders. He damn well better have apologized and all 53 of those players and assistant coaches should have been right there with him.

myMind
10-24-2010, 07:08 PM
Today I am embarrased for our Broncos.
The worst thing about this loss is the ammo it gives all the McD haters.
If any of you feel you know what is best for this organization than go hand Bowlen a resume or shut the **** up. I really have to stay away from this forum after a loss because A LOT of you plummet into the deepest darkest abyss of despair I can imagine. It's just a game, remember?
The day I give up on McD is the day he is fired...if it ever comes.

What is the point of b****ing about how sh*tty you think our coach is?
It's not going to accomplish a damn thing for this team. It just propels a negative attitude from week to week. Sure I am pissed at the team and its coach right now, but Im not dwelling on how todays performance proves some pessimistic mindset. We lost, and we lost bad. It's funny that while some fans cant throw in the towel for our team, they do like to sit and criticize the sh*t out of that towel.

gunns
10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
I would have put Tebow in with 6 minutes left in the 3rd. OAK had just scored to go up 45-14 and we had it at the 20. Why the hell not? If he's not ready why the hell is he the #2? That wildcat/horses/swamp formation is USELESS now because McD is not going to let him throw the football.

I agree. And I'm not saying for future games. But it was the perfect opportunity to get him some action with no pressure to win, that's for sure.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Broncos are in the worst shape they have been since I have been a fan. 1977. Mcdaniels is a great offensive mind, not ready to be a head coach. Can't complain because I liked the hire. Obviously though it's not going to work out.

Broncos need a complete overhaul. They have to bring in a coach who has a track record of building teams and a GM with a track record of assembling top talent.

This team is done for this yr, and if they don't drastically change the roster and the coaching probably for next yr also.

Beantown Bronco
10-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Orton, while a solid QB, will never be capable of leading a team to a victory by himself.

He is just as capable as any other QB in the league today of doing it. He HAS done it in fact....for us. This year and last.

No other QB in the league is going to consistently win with the current Broncos running game and run defense. Those are the facts.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:11 PM
If any of you feel you know what is best for this organization than go hand Bowlen a resume or shut the **** up. I really have to stay away from this forum after a loss because A LOT of you plummet into the deepest darkest abyss of despair I can imagine. It's just a game, remember?

It's not going to accomplish a damn thing for this team. It just propels a negative attitude from week to week. Sure I am pissed at the team and its coach right now, but Im not dwelling on how todays performance proves some pessimistic mindset. We lost, and we lost bad. It's funny that while some fans cant throw in the towel for our team, they do like to sit and criticize the sh*t out of that towel.

Bowlen won't fire Mcdaniels mid season. All this game represents is the same all our games represent. Broncos are soft, not coached well in all facets, and not very talented. They need a major overhaul still. It's just in this game they finally played a team that played really well.

There isn't anything funny about it really.

Hulamau
10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
They only acceptable apology would be his resignation filed promptly upon returning to Denver.

Hey Clueless, Josh IS in Denver already .. game was here .. Oh never mind, its clear your entire statement was utterly mis-informed

ant1999e
10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Clueless, Josh IS in Denver already .. game was here .. Oh never mind, its clear your entire statement was utterly mis-informed

Right?

Steve Sewell
10-24-2010, 07:13 PM
Let's all keep in mind that this team is a skeleton of what it should be from an injury perspective.

IMO this season is already done. McD will get next year for sure. Let's hope that we have a little more luck on the injury front so that there are no excuses for failure next year.

The only thing I'm excited about this point is that we'll be picking really high in the draft.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
omg wtf happen we get blown out by the raiders what ? did we blow our wad on the jets??

Goobzilla
10-24-2010, 07:19 PM
They could just give McD the Jim Zorn treatment.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-24-2010, 07:20 PM
also LET TEBOW TOSS THE DAMN BALL !!! cmon stop running the option it isnt fooling anyone now!

Fedaykin
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM

I meant Dove Valley -- damn the alcohol and rage, it's a bad mix. Though I have to ask, are you really that much of a McD boot licker?

originalsultan
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Tough loss. Probably takes him out of the Coach of the Year running, but you never know.

lol

Rock Chalk
10-24-2010, 07:24 PM

Haha it took one bad loss for you to be ready to dump the QB and throw in the over-hyped rookie.

That's quicker than when you were ready to dump Jake for Cutler.

Hulamau
10-24-2010, 07:31 PM

Voicing displeasure at a coach or player is par for the course for message boards... But you can tell right away those whose personal sense of identity are far too wrapped around what the team, coach, player does when either they collapse in the face of a hard loss or gloat at the misfortune of 'their' team with such disdain.

It IS just a game ... and being a loyal true 'fan' doesnt have to include 'hating' anyone, specially the head coach on a second year team in rebuilding mode with a ton of key injuries and coming off four brutal games prior to today.

Last week Josh was masterful in getting the most from a decimated team...enough to have earned a big win that slipped away. This week the wheels came off. We need a break to regroup and get some key defensive guys back. hopefully we can bounce back in UK with a win and enter the bye with a better taste in our mouths.

But the reality is, this one got away from us very quickly and we simply didnt have the horses on defense to sustain any kind of come back and Oakland, as a tough running team, was in perfect position to benefit from us hitting the wall at the wrong time.

Im giving Josh through end of next year and then we can talk about either a new direction or all hands on board the Josh train or not! In the meantime, its a work in process and a rollercoaster at that. Expect it and DEAL with it like mature people!

Kneejerkers like bpc, go_broncos, scttgrd, lostinspace and the other handful of usual haters will always get shrill at gnash their teeth at every loss and come out in force to gloat. Try not to let their panic attacks affect you much. Its all a lot of sound and fury signifying not much at all.

Beantown Bronco
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
IMO this season is already done. McD will get next year for sure. Let's hope that we have a little more luck on the injury front so that there are no excuses for failure next year.

I can all but guarantee that the Broncos won't lose a single game next year. Sadly, neither will any other team.

steeledude
10-24-2010, 07:33 PM
When do you start dealing with reality? I guess you are typical of the reason that McDaniels still has any support in this town.

I've hated McD since he traded Cutler. I was referring to the fact that TC has been one of McD's most loyal suckers.

Paladin
10-24-2010, 07:35 PM
You drunk or just an ass?

Yes, he is.....

Paladin
10-24-2010, 07:38 PM
I've hated McD since he traded Cutler. I was referring to the fact that TC has been one of McD's most loyal suckers.

So? Go to Chicago......

gtown
10-24-2010, 07:38 PM
Hate to say it because I have been willing to give McD the benefit of the doubt, but it seems that:

McD : Denver as Bellichick : Cleveland.

This place just seems to be a hobby shop to hone his skills for a job down the line.

Broncoman13
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Voicing displeasure at a coach or player is par for the course for message boards... But you can tell right away those whose personal sense of identity are far too wrapped around what the team, coach, player does when either they collapse in the face of a hard loss or gloat at the misfortune of 'their' team with such disdain.

It IS just a game ... and being a loyal true 'fan' doesnt have to include 'hating' anyone, specially the head coach on a second year team in rebuilding mode with a ton of key injuries and coming off four brutal games prior to today.

Last week Josh was masterful in getting the most from a decimated team...enough to have earned a big win that slipped away. This week the wheels came off. We need a break to regroup and get some key defensive guys back. hopefully we can bounce back in UK with a win and enter the bye with a better taste in our mouths.

But the reality is, this one got away from us very quickly and we simply didnt have the horses on defense to sustain any kind of come back and Oakland, as a tough running team, was in perfect position to benefit from us hitting the wall at the wrong time.

Im giving Josh through end of next year and then we can talk about either a new direction or all hands on board the Josh train or not! In the meantime, its a work in process and a rollercoaster at that. Expect it and DEAL with it like mature people!

Kneejerkers like bpc, go_broncos, scottxray, lostinspace and the other handful of usual haters will always get shrill at gnash their teeth at every loss and come out in force. Try not to let their panic attacks affect you much. Its all a lot of sound and fury signifying not much at all.

Knee jerk or what not... it's not our knees that are jerking here... but i Bet you a certain Pat Bowlen's knees are jerking at the moment. After this game it wouildn't have surprised me for Pat to send McD packing... we lost to the Niners next week and it's all over! Josh has two options here, one of which TJ already covered and I agree with his assessement. The 2nd, win the next 8 game in a row. Those are the two things that can save McD if he has a job beyond the rest of this week.

Jetmeck
10-24-2010, 07:39 PM

Whats your deal ? Why don't we all just rave about all the progress McD has made. Shut up

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM

You say that like it's a bad thing.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Right now I think Orton is our only option to win anything. Orton had a bad day, he is under the same stress that Cutler is in because of poor line play.

I am more mad that they didn't either use the Tebow pick to grab a DL or use the extra pick to move up and grab the best C in the draft. We had plenty of ammo to get a DL who could have helped this team this year.

Starting Tebow takes our best offensive threat, which is not saying much, in Orton off the field and puts a rookie who is not allowed to throw a pass as our starter. Orton has a chemistry with Lloyd and with Knowgain struggling to put up a 2.6 YPC avg in the run game that is our best threat.

I really think putting Tebow behind our poor OL would set him back years. If the lack of protection is throwing Orton off, Tebow has no chance. Couple that with the poor playcalling and design and you have a receipe for disaster.

Other than the poor talent evaluation and relying on FA for the DL I really think the switch from a zone to Power run scheme destroyed our OL and it is catching up with us. Outside of the poor DL line play our OL has gone from a strength to one of the worst in NFL. Oakland was able to push the edges and get upfield so quick that Orton had to ground the ball (dirt it as Billick used to say) before he had a chance to let the play devleop. Orton was also running right into the rush blind on PA plays which is not his fault, Harris and Clady could not get on their men in time to give Orton space to move in the pocket.

Everyone knew the Injuries to Clady and Harris were going to be a road block, add in the poor play inside and the disaster gets worse. Weigman is starting and playing well for KFC, while we have a rookie who can't ID who is coming and call the right line plays. Hockstein is not a starter, Beadles has been hot and cold they cannot start a consistent line to develop any chemistry.

We need a legit C, one more guard and maybe a starting RT, yet we got a QB in last years draft. mCd's EGO and QB lust brought on what we saw today. We didn't need competition at the QB positon like mCd said eariler this year. That is something teams that are already deep or teams who have no clear starter at QB go after.

Denver needs GM who will build this team from the Lines out. If there is a season next year we need to draft DL/OL early and often. Running our past QB/WR/TE/RB talent out of town is over because there is no one left to run out. Build the lines and our RB gets better, we have very good WR depth though we will need a pass catching TE.

Popps
10-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Kneejerkers like bpc, go_broncos, scttgrd, lostinspace and the other handful of usual haters will always get shrill at gnash their teeth at every loss and come out in force. Try not to let their panic attacks affect you much. Its all a lot of sound and fury signifying not much at all.

As usual, you remain one of the most level-headed, knowledgeable posters on this forum.

I'll root for McDaniels until we hire our next coach.

Then, I'll root for him.

(Rinse and repeat until death.)

steeledude
10-24-2010, 07:45 PM
So? Go to Chicago......

Jeez at this point I wouldn't be humiliated to go out wearing my favorite team's hat. "Go to Chicago." Jackass. Learn to be more than a mindless twerp who follows dumbass leaders no matter what. You are like those morons who followed Colonel Custer into Little Bighorn.

Beantown Bronco
10-24-2010, 07:46 PM
I am more mad that they didn't either use the Tebow pick to grab a DL or use the extra pick to move up and grab the best C in the draft. We had plenty of ammo to get a DL who could have helped this team this year.

Unless you're talking about using the Tebow pick to trade for a specific vet, then I'm not sure who you may be thinking of in the 2010 draft that could have helped our DLine this year. As far as I can tell, no rookie 3-4 DLinemen are starting and making an impact anywhere in the league.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 07:49 PM
As usual, you remain one of the most level-headed, knowledgeable posters on this forum.

Then, I'll root for him.

This sounds like bind faith. You would have made a great Marine.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 07:51 PM
Unless you're talking about using the Tebow pick to trade for a specific vet, then I'm not sure who you may be thinking of in the 2010 draft that could have helped our DLine this year. As far as I can tell, no rookie 3-4 DLinemen are starting and making an impact anywhere in the league.

The swap gas package is working so well and our run D was able to keep McFadden under 200 yards.

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 07:52 PM

Then, I'll root for him.

basically you keep supporting him blindly and don't have individual opinion.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 07:53 PM
BTW why is the Orton presser available but mCd isn't I want to get my apology from mCd for the embarrasment.

tsiguy96
10-24-2010, 07:54 PM

where do you idiots come up with this? hes not actively rooting against the HC of hsi favorite team you jackass.

Beantown Bronco
10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
The swap gas package is working so well and our run D was able to keep McFadden under 200 yards.

I honestly just want to know who in this year's draft would've single handedly improved our DLine already.

Paladin
10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Jeez at this point I wouldn't be humiliated to go out wearing my favorite team's hat. "Go to Chicago." Jackass. Learn to be more than a mindless twerp who follows dumbass leaders no matter what. You are like those morons who followed Colonel Custer into Little Bighorn.

Nah, don't think so, dude. Your dumassery is nearly legend by now......

Broncoman13
10-24-2010, 07:56 PM
I honestly just want to know who in this year's draft would've single handedly improved our DLine already.

Our STs, or our Run game, redzone scoring, run defense, missing safeties and LBs.... I too wonder who that guy could have been? Clearly, Tebow's powers are taking a vacation! /Sarc

broncswin
10-24-2010, 07:58 PM
I am sick...this is actually worse than the Jagwads game in 96, or losing to Pitt at home in the afc championship game....this is worse, because we are stuck in this pattern until Bowlen pulls the plug and I don't really know when this will happen. I have strongly supported McD, but I am done with it...watching that pathetic display today and seeing the quit in this team makes me want to puke......once again, I am sick.

BroncosSR
10-24-2010, 08:00 PM
Did he talk about establishing the run?

You are relentless...

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:02 PM

I didn't say start I said contribute. A big body like Dan Williams would have been nice to have in the rotation. His production is close to what Bannan's and Williams is.

We have Tebow and the pray we get get the ball back to the LOS Swap gas package.

BroncosSR
10-24-2010, 08:04 PM
He is just as capable as any other QB in the league today of doing it. He HAS done it in fact....for us. This year and last.

No other QB in the league is going to consistently win with the current Broncos running game and run defense. Those are the facts.

He has done nothing... He's been at the helm of a 4-13 team. This is his team and he fails to direct it properly. Make as many excuses as you want but the absolute ONLY thing that matters is results.

~Crash~
10-24-2010, 08:04 PM

Then, I'll root for him.

yep popps that must mean the fans that think McD sucks, hate the team . Right ?

Time face facts McD does need to pull this out, I for one hope he does but come on stop with you are the only one BS.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:05 PM
where do you idiots come up with this? hes not actively rooting against the HC of hsi favorite team you jackass.

Back in the 1930's people followed a guy in Germany blindly and didn't ask questions because he was their Fuhe...Leader.

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
You are relentless...

Is that good or bad?

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Back in the 1930's people followed a guy in Germany blindly and didn't ask questions because he was their Fuhe...Leader.

Should we keep a diary in case the inevitable happens?

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 08:08 PM

dumbo..you need to criticize the coach when he is ruining the team

Beantown Bronco
10-24-2010, 08:09 PM
He has done nothing... He's been at the helm of a 4-13 team. This is his team and he fails to direct it properly. Make as many excuses as you want but the absolute ONLY thing that matters is results.

Fails to direct it properly?

Wow. No excuses here. You are just flat-out wrong. Orton has been the offensive MVP to this point.

Name me one current QB that would consistently win behind this line, with this running game, with this banged up defense. Good luck.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Should we keep a diary in case the inevitable happens?

There was goose steping after the Patsy win last year...coincidence? I think not!

LOL

Broncomutt
10-24-2010, 08:17 PM
There was goose steping after the Patsy win last year...coincidence? I think not!

LOL

Didn't he say to Poland, "We own you!"

BroncosSR
10-24-2010, 08:26 PM
Fails to direct it properly?

Wow. No excuses here. You are just flat-out wrong. Orton has been the offensive MVP to this point.

Name me one current QB that would consistently win behind this line, with this running game, with this banged up defense. Good luck.

How can you have an offensive MVP, or any MVP of any sort, with a team that has won 4 out of the last 17 games? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. There's nothing valuable. What specific trait do you think that Orton has that separates him from current QBs? Do you really think this team would be worse off with another QB? We've won a total of 4 games of out 17.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:29 PM
mCd's Presser is up finally!

Admited to coaching being part of the issue with the team starting slow on both sides of the ball

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Everything disturbs him including his coaching.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:32 PM
Admits to coaching not being consistent, up to the coaches to get more consistent

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:33 PM
Same D that played last week.

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 08:34 PM
Mcd..please **** off..

spdirty
10-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I wish we would have hired Spagnuolo or Ryan. Or Frazier.

But at this point, since we are going on the cheap, I hope we hire Dennison next year. Need to reestablish what Broncos football is all about. Not this finesse Patriots type bull****.

tonngo0
10-24-2010, 08:39 PM
I blame this loss on Bowlen. First he knows or should know that when he fired Shanny, the defense was the problem not the offense. Then he turned around and hired a Offensive genius that tore up the whole offense and not doing much on defense. Well I just hope Denver get turn around soon. The Defense coordinator he could have hired back then are now building with the defense. If it he had hired a defense coordinator as a head coach and let Bates run the offense, I think he are more competitive then today.

jhat01
10-24-2010, 08:40 PM

I wish we would have drafted Ed Reed.

tonngo0
10-24-2010, 08:40 PM

But at this point, since we are going on the cheap, I hope we hire Dennison next year. Need to reestablish what Broncos football is all about. Not this finesse Patriots type bull****.

me too.

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 08:42 PM

yep..Mcd has totally changed offense in worst possible way.
Added to that, he didn't fix defense and ST.

Beantown Bronco
10-24-2010, 08:46 PM
How can you have an offensive MVP, or any MVP of any sort, with a team that has won 4 out of the last 17 games? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. There's nothing valuable.

Well that just doesn't make sense. "You have a losing record, therefore no part of your team is valuable." I don't even know how to debate with someone who believes that, so I won't even bother.

What specific trait do you think that Orton has that separates him from current QBs?

Quick decisions. Spreading the ball around. Reading defenses. Not throwing picks in the red zone. Improving from year one to year two.

Do you really think this team would be worse off with another QB? We've won a total of 4 games of out 17.

Yes, I do. A win/loss record is reflective of a team as a whole.....not just the QB, so that is a REALLY flawed way of grading the position.

bendog
10-24-2010, 08:50 PM
Stop it right now. Ant and Paladin are right. Coach McDaniels pulled a coup in trading that awful Cutler and has this team on the upswing with HIS KIND OF PLAYERS. If you can't see that you should be a fan of a different team!!! Well stated fellow fan mates/]

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 08:52 PM
I blame this loss on Bowlen. First he knows or should know that when he fired Shanny, the defense was the problem not the offense. Then he turned around and hired a Offensive genius that tore up the whole offense and not doing much on defense. Well I just hope Denver get turn around soon. The Defense coordinator he could have hired back then are now building with the defense. If it he had hired a defense coordinator as a head coach and let Bates run the offense, I think he are more competitive then today.

I think Bowlen wanted to change things up a bit and thought he was going to get the 18-1 result, not Mangini of the O.

Moving to a power run game without power run players was bad.

At least they made some $ on Tebow Jerseys in the offseason.

WolfpackGuy
10-24-2010, 08:54 PM
The Kool Aid is flowin in this thread.

Jim Jones would be proud.

anon
10-24-2010, 09:00 PM
It's a different person at the helm but in many ways more of the same or worse. Let me just state upfront that I was and am still fine with the Cutler trade, but at this point (and it's still early), I am not seeing things "coming together".

1) We have an offense that racks up yards but doesn't score enough points to match its yardage production. (Sound familiar?)

2) The ZBS run game was dismantled as part of a movement to become a more powerful, back-to-basics team. What we have now is an offense with a non-existent running attack and non-existent pass protection. Nothing about this team is obviously "tougher" or more "powerful" than in the Shanahan era.

3) The reasons why many fans on here were calling for a regime change was Shanahan's lack of focus on the defensive trenches. Maybe McD doesn't perceive the same issues, but I haven't seen much of an effort to address those problems. We still have trouble generating a pass rush, our rush defense is crap, and most of our sacks come from blitzes or from coverage.

4) Instead, just like in Shanny's time, we sign veterans nearing the end of their careers to give a boost to the defense and McD has used (or wasted, depending on your point of view) most of our high draft picks to bolster the offense or to patch up his personnel moves (Tebow for Cutler as QBOTF, Thomas for Marshall as "Physical Big Play Receiver").

5) Inconsistent performance game to game -- just like in the last years of the Shanahan era. We'd be competitive one week only to be dismantled by a good team the next (Ravens, Chargers, Indy). However, I rarely remember being dismantled by a bad team during Shanahan's tenure. Maybe our true mediocrity would be exposed against a good team, but we would usually beat or be somewhat competitive against the bad teams.

6) In my opinion, the trouble with NE assistants is that they try to import something ("The Patriot Way" and organizational culture) that has to be organically cultivated. The Patriots stumbled upon something that works, but that is a way of doing things which has been repeatedly enforced by Super Bowl wins and numerous competitive seasons. The Patriot Way works and is now firmly entrenched -- in New England. A NE assistant with no legacy of his own can't simply come in to another organization, especially one that has a decent tradition of its own, and think he can make it just like it was in New England. There is a touch of arrogance there and arrogance never goes over well unless you start winning right away and even then, instead of people hoping for your success, they wait patiently for you to fall. It's no surprise that NE assistants have reputations for being big arses in their head coaching gigs.

BroncosSR
10-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Well that just doesn't make sense. "You have a losing record, therefore no part of your team is valuable." I don't even know how to debate with someone who believes that, so I won't even bother.

No, I'm just not ready to anoint him offensive MVP of a team that produces enough offense to win 4 games. There's been plenty of games where the defense has shown up and the offense hasn't. It goes both ways.

Quick decisions. Spreading the ball around. Reading defenses. Not throwing picks in the red zone. Improving from year one to year two.

Quick decisions? Where? When? Spreading the ball around? Isn't that what QBs are supposed to do? Reading defenses? Again, that's his job. Not throwing picks in the red zone? He doesn't seem to throw TDs either. I feel like these traits that you are describing are mandatory for an NFL QB. It doesn't separate him from others at all. Do I think he does these things any better than an average current QB? Probably not.

Undoubtedly he's grown from last year to this year, I cannot argue that which I attribute to better coaching.

Yes, I do. A win/loss record is reflective of a team as a whole.....not just the QB, so that is a REALLY flawed way of grading the position.

So with any other QB on this team, we win 3 or less games? Come on, I just don't see that. He's an average QB. Stick another average QB in there and you are going to see the same results. He's good in some areas and horrible in others.

Look in no way am I pinning the Broncos failures on Orton. It's painfully clear that this team fails on all sides of the ball. I guess I just don't share the same vision of Orton's contribution to this team like you do. His stats are based on a one-dimensional offense.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 09:04 PM
It's a different person at the helm but in many ways more of the same or worse. Let me just state upfront that I was and am still fine with the Cutler trade, but at this point (and it's still early), I am not seeing things "coming together".

1) We have an offense that racks up yards but doesn't score enough points to match its yardage production. (Sound familiar?)

2) The ZBS run game was dismantled as part of a movement to become a more powerful, back-to-basics team. What we have now is an offense with a non-existent running attack and non-existent pass protection. Nothing about this team is obviously "tougher" or more "powerful" than in the Shanahan era.

3) The reasons why many fans on here were calling for a regime change was Shanahan's lack of focus on the defensive trenches. Maybe McD doesn't perceive the same issues, but I haven't seen much of an effort to address those problems. We still have trouble generating a pass rush, our rush defense is crap, and most of our sacks come from blitzes or from coverage.

4) Instead, just like in Shanny's time, we sign veterans nearing the end of their careers to give a boost to the defense and McD has used (or wasted, depending on your point of vie) most of our high draft picks to bolster the offense or to patch up his personnel moves (Tebow for Cutler as QBOTF, Thomas for Marshall as "Physical Big Play Receiver").

5) Inconsistent performance game to game -- just like in the last years of the Shanahan era. We'd be competitive one week only to be dismantled by a good team the next (Ravens, Chargers, Indy). However, I rarely remember being dismantled by a bad team during Shanahan's tenure. Maybe our true mediocrity would be expose against a good team, but we would usually beat or be somewhat competitive against the bad teams.

6) In my opinion, the trouble with NE assistants is that they try to import something ("The Patriot Way" and organizational culture) that has to organically cultivated. The Patriots stumbled upon something that works, but that is a way of doing things which has been repeatedly enforced by Super Bowl wins and numerous competitive seasons. The Patriot Way works and is now firmly entrenched -- in New England. A NE assistant with no legacy of his own can't simply come in to another organization, especially one that has a decent tradition of its own, and think he can make it just like it was in New England. There is a touch of arrogance there and arrogance never goes over well unless you start winning right away and even then, instead of people hoping for your success, they wait patiently for you to fall. It's no surprise that NE assistants have reputations for being big arses in their head coaching gigs.

well said!

You should post more often, maybe you will now that the mCd brownshirt members are dropping out.

TheProfessor
10-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Not to throw a bucket of water on the "Start Tebow" chant, but judgeing by what I've seen this season... McDaniels only trusts Tebow to run the football. Even that is on a very limited basis. Just look at the small sample of plays from today, our game plan included Tebow running the option. Obviously, the score completely changed the entire gameplan, but up til now, Tim hasn't run anything resembling McDaniels offense.

JMO, but I don't think he is anywhere near ready to start.

bendog
10-24-2010, 09:17 PM
billicheat may just be using these guys as trojan horses to stock his team with draft picks in exchange for worthless players he doesn't want anymore.

However, I agree if you're saying its perfectly logical to say firing shanny wasn't crazy even if McDaniels is over his head. Trading cutler is fine, but the question is whether denver got better by doing it. If Orton can put up these numbers, Lambchop might have done even better. But its over. The question is whether this team will get better. I look at the schedule and 11 loses is very possible.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Not to throw a bucket of water on the "Start Tebow" chant, but judgeing by what I've seen this season... McDaniels only trusts Tebow to run the football. Even that is on a very limited basis. Just look at the small sample of plays from today, our game plan included Tebow running the option. Obviously, the score completely changed the entire gameplan, but up til now, Tim hasn't run anything resembling McDaniels offense.

I don't understand why you give D's a key, if Tebow is taking a snap it is, so far, 100% run. Why make it hard on your team to gain yardage without making them stay honest.

Br0nc0Buster
10-24-2010, 09:24 PM
The odd thing is we have been competitive with the exception of the Baltimore game with all these injuries against quality teams

This game was just bizarre, I have never seen an NFL team get dismantled today like what happened to us

I really have no idea how something like this could even happen, it is hard for me to try to understand out how grown NFL caliber men on one team could look so lost and play so bad that literally they fail at everything they do

Josh has the rest of the season to prove this is an anomaly, but I really have to question wtf Josh was doing all week for us to come out and look this bad

I like Josh, but this was easily one of the most pathetic displays of NFL football I ever seen

anon
10-24-2010, 09:28 PM
billicheat may just be using these guys as trojan horses to stock his team with draft picks in exchange for worthless players he doesn't want anymore.

However, I agree if you're saying its perfectly logical to say firing shanny wasn't crazy even if McDaniels is over his head. Trading cutler is fine, but the question is whether denver got better by doing it. If Orton can put up these numbers, Lambchop might have done even better. But its over. The question is whether this team will get better. I look at the schedule and 11 loses is very possible.

Agree -- Shanahan leaving has nothing to do with McD's performance as a coach. I still think it was time for a change, but maybe McD isn't the guy. He seems to be a bright coach, but is a little arrogant/insecure, stubborn, and has trouble admitting his mistakes.

Not that I was ever big in the Hillis camp, as I gave McD the benefit of the doubt, but given the pattern of drafting to patch up personnel moves, I wonder what big bruising running back we'll use a high draft pick on next year.

It's really hard to say with the O-Line blocking so poorly, but I'm starting to doubt that Knowshon will live up to his draft position. I will say that I thought differently last year but I've seen a little too much "running straight into the pile" from Mr. Moreno. But, maybe that's where the non-existent "hole" should have been and Moreno is just doing what's asked of him.

TheProfessor
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I don't understand why you give D's a key, if Tebow is taking a snap it is, so far, 100% run. Why make it hard on your team to gain yardage without making them stay honest.

on top of that, he leaves orton in there creating a +1 advantage for the defense. The way they are using him is just strange.

Hulamau
10-24-2010, 09:35 PM

Baloney!

Supporting the team, coach(s) or player(s) doesnt at all preclude calling them on bonehead moves or crappy performances like today!

I've seen Popps and others who aren't frothing at the mouth like yourself and a few of your more shrill co-horts who are so often calling for Josh's head, criticize and question moves by Josh and other coaches and players while still managing to remain level headed and keep it all in perspective.

There is nothing wrong with honest criticism and being unhappy with such a crap job as today.. we all are!

But its about the longer view and realizing:

1. Josh is gonna be here until end of next year at least, barring some collossal total meltdown with a full team of healthy starters fielded. Barring that he'll get that long just to bring along Tebow if nothing else.

2. Bowlen and anyone else with more than a 50cent brain understand that Josh is young and relatively inexperinced as a first time HC. He was hired not for his mulitple SBs and long track record but for his incredible promise and brilliant offensive mind. HE was hired for the chance to strike long term gold!

3. With that comes both some risks and also the need for patience with the inevitable growing pains a total rebuild in his image will demand, and paticence too with the kind of mistakes Josh has and will also inevitably continue to make. Bowlen and the rest of us more level-headed fans realize that and accept it.

4. We may well have to endure a lost season and perhaps this is it? But if the end result is a long term winner its more than worth it , unless your idea is only to go 8-8 every year and aspire to maybe 10-6 tops and an early exit every now and then as the Broncos had been used to for years? Id rather lose a year or two if in doing so we could build a lasting championship quality competitor for years to come. But we don't know any of that yet. We are still in the 'promise or peril' phase so let it play out and relax a bit.

5. Josh may be a bust in his first HC job, thats' a possiblity, and games like today dont help his case. But it would be the height of insanity to kick him to the curb tomorrow like you and a few of your phi beta kappa whiner buddies are crying for. That would only insure pure chaos here for many years and few quality players would want to come to such an irrational asylum if their lives depended on it!

6. Last week Josh was basically hailed as a brilliant genius in a heart breaking last second defeat with his creative game planning, by Rex Ryan amoung others .This week he's a goat that some of you guys insist be shot at sunrise!

Its the same kind of kneejerk polarized mentality that we see in politics today where everything is 'Black or White' and any nuances in shades of grey get lost in all the hand-wringing and shouting! A coach like Josh is either 'God or Garbage' from one week to the next when neither view is the honest reality.

Why not sit back and take in the ride? We'll all know soon enough, certainly by end of next year whether Josh is gonna make it here or not, and trying to force him out now, particularly with so many injuries clouding the real potential of this team as it is would be the worse case of immaturity and premature ejaculation!

All of us are disappointed in todays game and its fine to complain about it and question whether Josh or any player is right for this team. Maybe we look back on this game in a year or two as the beginning of the end for Josh here or maybe this is the bottom here and its mostly unhill from here on?? None of us knows yet.

But calling for Josh's head NOW, after every loss or set back, just makes those who do so look like whiny shortsighted numbskulls. But by all means suit yourselves if it floats your boat!?

dsmoot
10-24-2010, 09:38 PM

I would venture to say that the Start Tebow chant today was just a result of giving the young man some playing time when the game was out of reach and the starting QB was taking some punishment. This is not out of the ordinary for any organization. Orton is the starter and should be through the end of the season when Tebow can compete once again. I believe that Tebow brings some game intangibles that Orton can't, why not give him some playing time to apply what he has learned to date. I don't quite buy the argument of him potentially getting hurt or creating some sort of controversy or marring his confidence. It is simply a quarter to half of football experience, nothing more. This team was flat and Orton himself was less than average like last week.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 09:42 PM
...Why not sit back and take in the ride? We'll all know soon enough, certainly by end of next year whether Josh is gonna make it here or not, and trying to force him out now, particularly with so many injuries clouding the real potential of this team as it is would be the worse case of immaturity and premature ejaculation!

All of us are disappointed in todays game and its fine to complain about it and question whether Josh or any player is right for this team. Maybe we look back on this game in a year or two as the beginning of the end for Josh here or maybe this is the bottom here and its mostly unhill from here on?? None of us knows yet.

But calling for Josh's head NOW, after every loss or set back, just makes those who do so look like whiny shortsighted numbskulls. But by all means suit yourselves if it floats your boat!?

At just about the half way point (based on 3 years) "the ride" is 10-13, a current 3 game losing streak, and we had 2 - 4 game losing streaks last year.

If nothing else we have found out the ride will be full of streaks. Time to break out a 6 game win streak!

Quoydogs
10-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Stop it right now. Ant and Paladin are right. Coach McDaniels pulled a coup in trading that awful Cutler and has this team on the upswing with HIS KIND OF PLAYERS. If you can't see that you should be a fan of a different team!!! Well stated fellow fan mates/]

How can you say this team is on the up swing ?

We just had a blow out in our house of 59-14 all the while our own players were laughing and joking around like it was no big deal.

We have won 4 of the last 17 games.

We are 2 and 4 this year.

We traded away an offense that was putting up huge numbers and yes it had it's issues but it was not why we lost games it was the defense that lost those games. '

On that note we never addressed the defense other then I will give him credit for picking up Dawkins.

Oh and we did address the D last year when we picked up Nolan but then we traded him away to Miami.

We spent a #1 draft pick on a QB that he can't even trust to thrown one pass.

He has taken our running game, that we could have put a high school scrub in and got a 100 yards and completely destroyed it and has no Idea how to fix it.
Should I keep going ?

Warlord
10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
have no idea how something like this could even happen, it is hard for me to try to understand out how grown NFL caliber men on one team could look so lost and play so bad that literally they fail at everything they do

The answer is simple. The team gave up. It happened right after Thomas' fumble. Most of the players were just going through the motions after that.

broncosteven
10-24-2010, 09:46 PM
How can you say this team is on the up swing ?

We just had a blow out in our house of 59-14 all the while our own players were laughing and joking around like it was no big deal.

We have won 4 of the last 17 games.

We are 2 and 4 this year.

We traded away an offense that was putting up huge numbers and yes it had it's issues but it was not why we lost games it was the defense that lost those games. '

On that note we never addressed the defense other then I will give him credit for picking up Dawkins.

Oh and we did address the D last year when we picked up Nolan but then we traded him away to Miami.

We spent a #1 draft pick on a QB that he can't even trust to thrown one pass.

He has taken our running game, that we could have put a high school scrub in and got a 100 yards and completely destroyed it and has no Idea how to fix it.
Should I keep going ?

I think bendog was using sarcasm.

Quoydogs
10-24-2010, 09:47 PM
I think bendog was using sarcasm.

Thank god, because I was wondering how anyone could be that stupid

anon
10-24-2010, 09:49 PM
I think the rush to dismantle the ZBS blocking scheme when we didn't really have the players to play another way is a sign of McD's stubbornness, which will be his downfall if he doesn't look in the mirror.

I have always had the feeling that McD seemed in a big hurry to get out of Shanahan's shadow, trying to purge out the remnants of Shanahan's legacy to do it his way. Nothing wrong with that, I guess, but I would imagine it takes more than 3 years to completely establish a different philosophy and to churn the personnel to match it. Unfortunately, his contract lasts about that long.

broncsyanks
10-24-2010, 09:57 PM
my take on the mcdaniels team is that its all Bowlens fault. he let a unproven rookie coach who was a coordinator with a good qb with a good o-line take over the whole team to the point where he said he needed his guys in order to work. and by doing that basically gutting the team to get UNPROVEN draft picks which is not smart. Marshall, sheffler, hillis, and any other guys that was shannys basically. i dont include cutler cause it wasnt a bad trade. then he stripped apart the zone blocking scheme and instilled this garbage of a running game that is not existant. LMAO now that he stopped bailys contract extension. pathetic. why does a Rookie Coach get to have so much power and he has not won crap? to me thats astonishing.

now as far as the game- he was pathetic. the whole team was bullied out there. i felt bad for them. cause they showed no PRIDE whatsoever. And that comes from the head coach. thats mcdaniels part. i understand our defense was depleted. but our offense he has no excuse. how they couldnt get up for this game is pathetic. and that play calling was so pathetic- cutler couldnt do a worse job.
the thought did cross my mind that maybe it would be a good thing if the raiders got over 60 points just to send the message to bowlen how much of a mistake he made in hiring this idiot. and then i have to say- if the broncos had Absolutely no chance of coming back and orton is your qb and is doing like garbage then why not take him out at the very least not to allow orton to get hurt and give quinn or Teebow a chance. couldnt do any worse. sorry for the rant. i love my broncos but this was a disgrace IMHO and doesnt deserve anything postive to be said about this IMHO

Quoydogs
10-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Listening to it now.

How can he sit up there and say they are a great team. They are coached well ?

They have great player ?

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Why doesn't he tell the truth. We got the **** beat out of us by the worst football team in the league.

It has been the worst team in the league for the last 4 years.

DarkHorse30
10-24-2010, 10:17 PM

Shanahan was screwed over by his owner in Oakland.

McDaniels is doing everything he wants, and the owner has backed him all the way. IF McDaniels learns how to coach/gameplan, it won't be Denver's fault that he didn't put together here.....unless he's on the 10 year plan....than that WOULD be Denver's fault.

Popps
10-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Shanahan was screwed over by his owner in Oakland.

McDaniels is doing everything he wants, and the owner has backed him all the way. IF McDaniels learns how to coach/gameplan, it won't be Denver's fault that he didn't put together here.....unless he's on the 10 year plan....than that WOULD be Denver's fault.

I agree with his sentiment, though. I think McD eventually wins in this league.
I also think that Bowlen will give him a much longer leash than people around here might expect or like, provided games like today don't pile up.

Again, as a fan... all you can do is hope things come together for him. He's what, 23 games into his coaching career? I've seen players take longer than that to flourish, much less coaches.

Let's hope things come together for the guy.

Tombstone RJ
10-24-2010, 10:23 PM
The odd thing is we have been competitive with the exception of the Baltimore game with all these injuries against quality teams

This game was just bizarre, I have never seen an NFL team get dismantled today like what happened to us

I really have no idea how something like this could even happen, it is hard for me to try to understand out how grown NFL caliber men on one team could look so lost and play so bad that literally they fail at everything they do

Josh has the rest of the season to prove this is an anomaly, but I really have to question wtf Josh was doing all week for us to come out and look this bad

I like Josh, but this was easily one of the most pathetic displays of NFL football I ever seen

I agree. I have to admit, I didn't watch the game due to othe committments but I'm shocked and mad as hell over this loss. IF your gonna **** the bed, please don't do it AT home against the faiders.

This loss sucks as bad as any that I can remember in a long time. I want Josh to succeed, I like him, I like his basic football acumen and overall team philosophy. He's done a great job with Orton but other than that, this team looks like it's going in the wrong direction.

I'm gonna keep a positive attitude and try focus on this team finishing strong, but as of right now, I'm not happy.

strafen
10-24-2010, 10:39 PM
This team is made up by strangers if you will.
From top to bottom, I don't know if they understand what Raiders week means, what playing at Mile-Hi is about

This team is like missing an identity. There's no inspiration, fire, urgency and passionfor the game.

I don't think the chiefs are that great of a team, but they win because they play with an attitude, they play inspired ball and they're pesky. That intensity the chiefs are playing with, has been hard to match and sustain by teams so far...

tsiguy96
10-24-2010, 10:45 PM
I agree. I have to admit, I didn't watch the game due to othe committments but I'm shocked and mad as hell over this loss. IF your gonna **** the bed, please don't do it AT home against the faiders.

This loss sucks as bad as any that I can remember in a long time. I want Josh to succeed, I like him, I like his basic football acumen and overall team philosophy. He's done a great job with Orton but other than that, this team looks like it's going in the wrong direction.

I'm gonna keep a positive attitude and try focus on this team finishing strong, but as of right now, I'm not happy.

WR look good too...and prater and colquitt are good....thats all i got for right now

strafen
10-24-2010, 11:11 PM
WR look good too...and prater and colquitt are good....thats all i got for right nowWow, how bad has it gotten, when we're bragging about our kicker and the punter ROFL! LOL

Rascal
10-24-2010, 11:13 PM
WR look good too...and prater and colquitt are good....thats all i got for right now

I seriously don't understand why we are the only team with a kicker who can't consisently put it 5+ yards deep in the end zone on kick offs...WTF?!!?!?

Rascal
10-24-2010, 11:15 PM

4) Instead, just like in Shanny's time, we sign veterans nearing the end of their careers to give a boost to the defense and McD has used (or wasted, depending on your point of view) most of our high draft picks to bolster the offense or to patch up his personnel moves (Tebow for Cutler as QBOTF, Thomas for Marshall as "Physical Big Play Receiver").

5) Inconsistent performance game to game -- just like in the last years of the Shanahan era. We'd be competitive one week only to be dismantled by a good team the next (Ravens, Chargers, Indy). However, I rarely remember being dismantled by a bad team during Shanahan's tenure. Maybe our true mediocrity would be exposed against a good team, but we would usually beat or be somewhat competitive against the bad teams.

6) In my opinion, the trouble with NE assistants is that they try to import something ("The Patriot Way" and organizational culture) that has to be organically cultivated. The Patriots stumbled upon something that works, but that is a way of doing things which has been repeatedly enforced by Super Bowl wins and numerous competitive seasons. The Patriot Way works and is now firmly entrenched -- in New England. A NE assistant with no legacy of his own can't simply come in to another organization, especially one that has a decent tradition of its own, and think he can make it just like it was in New England. There is a touch of arrogance there and arrogance never goes over well unless you start winning right away and even then, instead of people hoping for your success, they wait patiently for you to fall. It's no surprise that NE assistants have reputations for being big arses in their head coaching gigs.

:notworthy

excellent post

tonngo0
10-24-2010, 11:41 PM
I agree with his sentiment, though. I think McD eventually wins in this league.
I also think that Bowlen will give him a much longer leash than people around here might expect or like, provided games like today don't pile up.

Again, as a fan... all you can do is hope things come together for him. He's what, 23 games into his coaching career? I've seen players take longer than that to flourish, much less coaches.

Let's hope things come together for the guy.

I do think McD will win in the end, but it will be in his fifth year. So all has just be patient and ride out another 3 years of bad Broncos football.

alanm
10-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Never hire NE assistants as coaches..They are failure.
I doubt Mcd will get an opportunity as a head coach.
He might get in college level.
The coaching staff in KC seems to be working out fine.

Bronco Yoda
10-25-2010, 03:20 AM
From top to bottom, I don't know if they understand what Raiders week means, what playing at Mile-Hi is about

This team is like missing an identity. There's no inspiration, fire, urgency and passionfor the game.

I don't think the chiefs are that great of a team, but they win because they play with an attitude, they play inspired ball and they're pesky. That intensity the chiefs are playing with, has been hard to match and sustain by teams so far...

DPO
— Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, on his team's three-game winning streak against the Broncos in Denver.

"It's always big week for us. Anytime we play in the division, and especially Denver, it is stressed throughout the week just how big of a game it is. (Hall of Famer) Willie Brown every year gives the biggest speech to get guys motivated. This is always his game. Every time we come out here, it's like, 'This is for Willie!" He comes and shows the highlight tape and gets everyone pumped up. We continue to put it together when we get out here, and the confidence level just goes up."

Quoydogs
10-25-2010, 03:57 AM
DPO
— Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, on his team's three-game winning streak against the Broncos in Denver.

"It's always big week for us. Anytime we play in the division, and especially Denver, it is stressed throughout the week just how big of a game it is. (Hall of Famer) Willie Brown every year gives the biggest speech to get guys motivated. This is always his game. Every time we come out here, it's like, 'This is for Willie!" He comes and shows the highlight tape and gets everyone pumped up. We continue to put it together when we get out here, and the confidence level just goes up."

Here is the video that McD was showing our guys before the game/

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RAiTOuSyJsQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RAiTOuSyJsQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>:

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 05:30 AM
I seriously don't understand why we are the only team with a kicker who can't consisently put it 5+ yards deep in the end zone on kick offs...WTF?!!?!?

WTF are you talking about? Prater is 3rd in the entire NFL in # of touchbacks (including kickoff specialists) and touchback percentage. And both guys above him (and the next 5 guys below him) have significantly more kickoff attempts than him.

footstepsfrom#27
10-25-2010, 07:53 AM

The one thing that keeps me willing to give McDaniels more time is this; he appears to be a strong enough individual and believes in what he's doing enough that he's not influenced by outside pressure. I don't want a coach who chooses his starting QB to cover his own arse. I want one who is willing to do the right thing by the guy he drafted, in this case apparently letting him sit a while. Fans are amazingly impatient and emotional when it comes to what they expect and how soon they expect it. Breaking down a team and rebuilding it in the image of the coach is something that can hardly be achieved in the time he's been here. If he sticks to his vision I can respect that, but if he buckles under the pressure and starts Tebow just to somehow save his job...not so much. If I as a fan feel that way, what would the vets in the locker room feel if he took this approach? I think starting Tebow would be the one thing he could do that might lose this team...if they're not already lost. If we know one thing about McDaniels, he can at least develop QB talent, so hopefully he stays with what he knows best and stays the course in doing so.

Man-Goblin
10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
Here is the video that McD was showing our guys before the game/

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RAiTOuSyJsQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RAiTOuSyJsQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>:

That's what that chicken gets for swallowing a cue ball.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 08:04 AM

Well, putting Tebow in tells everyone Josh has quit on the season. He can't do that, he has a position of responsibility unlike us internet fans.

DontBeMessin
10-25-2010, 08:06 AM
So.... Where are people that are FOR the Broncos saying they will bounce back? We've been getting spanked for 7 years and I've always been positive (well, haven't been beat THAT bad...)

Where are your positive fans?

footstepsfrom#27
10-25-2010, 08:10 AM

This pretty much summarizes my thoughts exactly. The fact that it's organic in nature rather than organizational in nature is the crux of the problem. I do think this guy is probably very capable, but can he overcome his own ego? Shanahan couldn't, but hopefully with youth comes a greater ability to change as well.

Cito Pelon

I'm hearing on the radio the reason the team quit was because Josh was too hard on them in practice last week after what the team felt was a great effort against the Jets. Apparently, Gary Miller has a source on the team that told him that.

Broncomutt
So.... Where are people that are FOR the Broncos saying they will bounce back? We've been getting spanked for 7 years and I've always been positive (well, haven't been beat THAT bad...)

You guys break a mirror or somethin'?

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm hearing on the radio the reason the team quit was because Josh was too hard on them in practice last week after what the team felt was a great effort against the Jets. Apparently, Gary Miller has a source on the team that told him that.

Probably Jarvis Moss. Since all he does is practice and not play, makes sense that hard practices would affect his life negatively the most.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 08:12 AM

they arent quitting on the coach, they are quitting on themselves and the fans. this is the NFL, you do youre job that you get paid millions to do or dont step on to the ****ing field. its not mcdaniels that is the laughing stock of the league alone this week, the entire team is, they could have gave up the single point record in a game had the raiders stayed on it.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 08:14 AM

I will always believe in my team, I just don't believe in our coach anymore

Rabb
10-25-2010, 08:15 AM

ugh, that is bad bad bad if that's true

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 08:17 AM

The last thing we want is players not believing the coach.

Broncomutt
10-25-2010, 08:23 AM

If that's true I'm going to puke.

It would explain why he just sat quietly on the sidelines instead of his usual firebrand self though.

Might even explain why some of the guys were laughing it up on the sidelines at the end.

TheChamp24
10-25-2010, 08:26 AM
If McDaniels gets canned, he'll probably become at best an offensive cordinator somewhere for a few years if he's successful. Then, probably 5-7 years down the line, he might get another call to head coach if he's doing well. By then he might know how to be a good head coach, because right now he just doesn't seem to have it.

And I have hated McDaniels offense since he brought it here. Resorting to a spread look on 4th and 1 is idiotic with Orton in the gun.

As well, there was NO reason NOT to put Tebow in the game in the 4th quarter.

Gort
10-25-2010, 08:38 AM

honestly, i think you're on to something.

i pissed me off to see Shanny bringing all those former Broncos players into washington's training camp. except for an occassional visit by Elway, i'm not sure any of the older Broncos players with ties to our past are even welcome in Dove Valley anymore. McD has no connection to or understanding of the Broncos history. coming from Ohio, he probably grew up hating the Broncos because of those playoff games against the Browns.

today's Broncos players need to see the former Broncos greats around camp. they need to feel that they are part of something bigger... something important. they have a legacy to protect. that legacy include protecting your home field advantage, beating your division rivals, and especially, beating the Raiders.

colonelbeef
10-25-2010, 08:42 AM

Nobody is 'rooting' against him you jackass.

we are simply pointing out that he sucks, and we want the Broncos to succeed- therefore we need to assess what is bad and get it fixed.

right now, the HC is bad. Get it?

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 08:45 AM
This is what I hear when McDaniels is talking now:

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.... etc.

tsiguy96
10-25-2010, 08:55 AM
honestly, i think you're on to something.

i pissed me off to see Shanny bringing all those former Broncos players into washington's training camp. except for an occassional visit by Elway, i'm not sure any of the older Broncos players with ties to our past are even welcome in Dove Valley anymore. McD has no connection to or understanding of the Broncos history. coming from Ohio, he probably grew up hating the Broncos because of those playoff games against the Browns.

today's Broncos players need to see the former Broncos greats around camp. they need to feel that they are part of something bigger... something important. they have a legacy to protect. that legacy include protecting your home field advantage, beating your division rivals, and especially, beating the Raiders.

you mean like...john elway and rod smith?

worm
10-25-2010, 09:04 AM

If this is true....then this team has HUGE character flaws.

Its really easy to love a team...even if they lose.

1) Give maximum effort
2) Play with passion
3) Play smart even if you are under-manned
4) Act like you care about winning and losing

You learn the most about people when they are faced with adversity. Right now we are learning a lot about the Denver Broncos.

Br0nc0Buster
10-25-2010, 09:06 AM

this is just odd
EVEN IF players are pissed off at Josh, why lay down?

where is your pride?

I never understood the mentality of quitting, and have a hard time believing guys decided to pack it in because Josh was too hard on them in practice

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 09:16 AM
they arent quitting on the coach, they are quitting on themselves and the fans. this is the NFL, you do youre job that you get paid millions to do or dont step on to the ****ing field. its not mcdaniels that is the laughing stock of the league alone this week, the entire team is, they could have gave up the single point record in a game had the raiders stayed on it.

Yeah, I gotta wonder about the state of the team's intestinal fortitude.

jhat01
10-25-2010, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I gotta wonder about the state of the team's intestinal fortitude.

Indeed...They should sleep in their pads from now on. These assholes couldn't have stopped the run with 13 guys on the field. Too hard on them....pleeeeeze

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 09:27 AM
If that's true I'm going to puke.

It would explain why he just sat quietly on the sidelines instead of his usual firebrand self though.

Might even explain why some of the guys were laughing it up on the sidelines at the end.

I don't know if it's true or not. That was from the Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller radio show on the 87.7. They're reporters and they have their job to do, same as the players and coaching staff have their job to do.

Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller are kind of tuned into the team, they have good relationships with a lot of players. They were busting Champ Bailey's chops for quitting, BTW.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM
this is just odd
EVEN IF players are pissed off at Josh, why lay down?

where is your pride?

I never understood the mentality of quitting, and have a hard time believing guys decided to pack it in because Josh was too hard on them in practice

I totally agree. You face the man in front of you and whoop his ass to the best of your ability. It's a matter of pride. If you get your ass kicked one time, you don't quit. If you get your ass kicked two times in a row you still don't quit. If everybody around you is quitting, you still don't quit, you still look to kick some ass anywhere you can.

gunns
10-25-2010, 09:46 AM

Kneejerkers like bpc, go_broncos, scttgrd, lostinspace and the other handful of usual haters will always get shrill at gnash their teeth at every loss and come out in force to gloat. Try not to let their panic attacks affect you much. Its all a lot of sound and fury signifying not much at all.

There are few people here calling for the immediate firing of Josh. So those that are can be addressed personally. Most people here understand the stupidity of firing a coach mid season. I was more than willing to give Josh through next year, with playoffs expected next year.

The losses this year didn't bother me as much as previous years because it was expected. BUT, this was not about a loss. This was a team that was not ready to be on the field, who didn't have a clue about the game of football....and that falls on the coach. A total embarrassment to the Broncos organization. If the team had at least looked like they were trying, like in the Jets game and we lost by 3 pts, hey it's a loss, it happens. But that wasn't the case and this was the Raiders. AND PLEASE stop with the injury excuse. 2-4 could be attributed to injuries. 2-5 can be attributed to a poorly coached team, a bunch of unmotivated players who are still collecting their checks. So I don't see a problem with coach(s) and/or player bashing today. They deserve it.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 09:50 AM
Some people haven't been around long enough to know the difference between a loss and an epic humiliation. This was not a loss. This was a embarrassment to the history of this franchise. Some of us were here to watch this team claw and fight for years against the Raiders until the ultimate victory of beating them in the playoffs. That turned this franchise in a new direction. Those teams fought like hell to put this team on the national stage. Yesterday's collapse was an insult to team history.

Rabb
10-25-2010, 09:55 AM
Some people haven't been around long enough to know the difference between a loss and an epic humiliation. This was not a loss. This was a embarrassment to the history of this franchise. Some of us were here to watch this team claw and fight for years against the Raiders until the ultimate victory of beating them in the playoffs. That turned this franchise in a new direction. Those teams fought like hell to put this team on the national stage. Yesterday's collapse was an insult to team history.

I really couldn't have summed it up any better. This is precisely why I am still upset about the loss, and I don't think Josh has a clue about how important that was.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 09:56 AM
What's an insult is other fans saw this coming, tried to speak out, and instead were attacked as bad fans.

Kaylore
10-25-2010, 10:02 AM
I think we know need to ask ourselves if his philosophy on playing tough, smart, situational football, is even a good overall strategy. Certainly McD has attempted to build a team in that light. Certainly the team has represented those qualities, but is it producing winning football? It is making the team better? The answer is "no" it isn't. Certainly some of this is injuries. I said after Dumervil's injury that mediocrity of our front seven would be revealed. However that doesn't excuse the other areas : Still bad special teams play, crappy offensive line play, inability to score, etc. This team is demoralized and is playing soft in the places that you cannot be soft. McDaniels needs to have an epiphany or some sort. I want him to keep working with Tebow, but not sure if I want it enough for the team to keep failing.

strafen
10-25-2010, 10:04 AM
What's an insult is other fans saw this coming, tried to speak out, and instead were attacked as bad fans. :wave: I hear that!

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
I think we know need to ask ourselves if his philosophy on playing tough, smart, situational football, is even a good overall strategy. Certainly McD has attempted to build a team in that light. Certainly the team has represented those qualities, but is it producing winning football? It is making the team better? The answer is "no" it isn't. Certainly some of this is injuries. I said after Dumervil's injury that mediocrity of our front seven would be revealed. However that doesn't excuse the other areas : Still bad special teams play, crappy offensive line play, inability to score, etc. This team is demoralized and is playing soft in the places that you cannot be soft. McDaniels needs to have an epiphany or some sort. I want him to keep working with Tebow, but not sure if I want it enough for the team to keep failing.

Well, the personnel on offense is not any better than he inherited, and I'd say it's worse at qb and wr and not better at rb. There's no improvement on D. So, I don't see how you can expect anything other than fail for at least two years of competent personnel management, and that presumes that Tebow will not be a bust.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 10:07 AM

The oline inside is in as bad of shape as the front 7. If you assume Harris is coming back strong at some point. If not then only Clady and Kuper may be starters. Kuper for some reason looks like total ****. I hope he is just injured still and that is the reason.

Or maybe the getting married, getting new deal, took away his fire and he didn't work hard enough this yr.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 10:08 AM
Not having Dumervil is no excuse for not being able to generate a pass rush against a team that spent some part of the game playing a TE at LT. There's just no excuse for that. And where were the LBs? The whole NFL has been shaking their heads at the pathetic Oline that the Raiders have been cobbling together from week to week, and that Oline yesterday got McFadden 4 TDs and 200 yards! Pathetic doesn't even describe it.

jhat01
10-25-2010, 10:09 AM
What's an insult is other fans saw this coming, tried to speak out, and instead were attacked as bad fans.

You saw this coming? You're a giant ****ing liar if you saw the Raiders hanging 59 on any team, much less this one. You saw **** coming.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Well, the personnel on offense is not any better than he inherited, and I'd say it's worse at qb and wr and not better at rb. There's no improvement on D. So, I don't see how you can expect anything other than fail for at least two years of competent personnel management, and that presumes that Tebow will not be a bust.

I personally am beginning to believe that drafting Tebow was McD's biggest mistake - and that's taking into account his total flop on Alfonze. This team was in no position to trade three picks to try an experiment. That kind of bs is for some well established, solid team to take a flyer on. We needed players. Especially on D. At the time of the draft, I posted three defensive players that the Broncos could have taken instead of Tebow - two D linemen and a DB. It's clear, to me anyway, that those players might have made a difference this season that Tebow certainly will not make.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Well, the personnel on offense is not any better than he inherited, and I'd say it's worse at qb and wr and not better at rb.

Cutler is the pretty much the only reason the Bears are not undefeated right now. It would be tough to even debate it at this point. Their defense and special teams have been near perfect all season long and their running game is certainly superior to ours.

TonyR
10-25-2010, 10:18 AM

I really have no idea how something like this could even happen...

This is what bothers me, particularly because it indicates that the team quit. There's no other explanation.

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:27 AM
I personally am beginning to believe that drafting Tebow was McD's biggest mistake - and that's taking into account his total flop on Alfonze. This team was in no position to trade three picks to try an experiment. That kind of bs is for some well established, solid team to take a flyer on. We needed players. Especially on D. At the time of the draft, I posted three defensive players that the Broncos could have taken instead of Tebow - two D linemen and a DB. It's clear, to me anyway, that those players might have made a difference this season that Tebow certainly will not make.

I don't know why McDaniels thought he was on some kind of five year plan here, where he could trade a probowl qb and then develop a project to show he was smarter than 75% of the professional personnel people in the league. I think it showed McDaniels fatal flaw: ego and insecurity. I don't blame him entirely for the cutler debacle, and I really wouldn't have argued with the trade had he drafted Josh Freeman instead of Moreno, and then addressed the front 7 and interior oline with the rest of his first two drafts.

I just don't see Bowlen firing the guy halfway through a year with a lock out looming while he's still paying shanny. I have an open mind on Tebow. He will not succeed if he continues trying to throw the ball while holding it down on his hip. NFL corners will eat that alive. He'll always make turnovers rolling out and throwing late with a slow release, but he might make some big plays.

But it's done. the best we can hope for is righting the personnel with two solid drafts and hoping Tebow can do it.

gyldenlove
10-25-2010, 10:36 AM

Well, we are not playing tough, smart or good situational football.

Unfortunately the offense has been painted into a corner by the offensive line getting worse and worse and the defense has become all smoke and mirrors like Slowick. The special teams is lead by a man who shouldn't be leading a special teams unit.

On offense the offensive line pretty much dictates short drops, playfakes, shotgun and gimmick run plays only. We can't do 7 step drops because a defender will get to the end of the drop at the same Orton does. We can't run in the middle or to the outside because the offensive line can't open up gaps. We either need to change the blocking scheme or we need a new offensive line coach who can set the unit up right, this line is getting worse on a weekly basis, this is the same unit that stopped Freeney and Mathis dead in their tracks, just got eaten by Kamerion Wimbley and co.

The defense is back to playing gimmick football, this "4-3" is not working, it worked one week because the Jets were not ready for it, just like the Slowick 3-4 worked on week because the other team was not ready for it. Right now our best pass rusher is an inside linebacker, just chew that over for a second, we have no defensive lineman or rush linebacker who can match DJ Williams production as a pass rusher. That is not bad, that is awful. That is equivalent to the QB being your best runner. The defensive line is not doing its job, our linebacking group lacks speed and athleticism, which is why we saw Mcfadden run for over 10 yards per rush yesterday, nobody could keep up with him to the sideline. We need to spend all our resources in the offseason improving the defensive front and not draft project QBs, undersized CBs, bench warming TEs.

Priefer, and I can only reiterate this for the millionth time has no business coaching a special teams unit, he is awful. We need to get him out here and fast, and we need to find 1 returner, using 4 different players to return is a sign desperation and a sign that you didn't do your homework.

This team needs the bye week, they need to get their heads reset and they need to get with the program. Right now the list of players who are playing well is very short, and the list of coaches who seem to be part of the solution rather than the problem is equally short. The DB coach is doing a decent job, except he somehow hasn't found a way to lock Nate Jones in the washroom before the game starts.

Players who have played well or at least well enough:

DJ Williams, Champ Bailey, Perrish Cox, Brian Dawkins, Robert Ayers, Robert Hunter on defense.

Cassius Vaughn, Matt Prater, Britton Colquitt on special teams.

Eddie Royal, Brandon Lloyd, Jabar Gaffney, Kyle Orton (except for yesterday) on offense.

Coaches who should have their stuff fedexed to them overnight: Offensive line, Special teams, Defensive coordinator, running back.

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 10:43 AM
You saw this coming? You're a giant ****ing liar if you saw the Raiders hanging 59 on any team, much less this one. You saw **** coming.

It's really hard to predict things as we all know. I had no idea Raiders could beat us this bad. I actually thought they were as bad as we were so it was likely we could win because Orton better then Campbell.

I did say this team has huge problems in offseason. I said the linebackers inside didnt fit a 3-4, that the safetys stunk outside of Dawkins, that the OLB would be avg at best without doom, that the DE stunk.

What I didn't realize was that none of the DT can play every down. I knew we would get crushed but i did figure it would be the Jets and not the Raiders.

orangemonkey
10-25-2010, 10:55 AM

This is what worries me the most right now. Does a 32 year old 1st time head coach have the grasp, the wisdom or the fortitude to bounce back from this? To have an epiphany that's worth two cents, Josh will need some solid experience or veteran coaches to draw from (Nolan for example). Will Bowlen's direction or his experiences in New England be enough? Watching McD in the past two post-game conferences (Jets, Raiders), he looked exactly the same to me: deflated and defeated. I hope he has what it takes to turn this around for the players, for Denver and for the fans. Right now, he looks pretty lost.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 11:05 AM
There are few people here calling for the immediate firing of Josh. So those that are can be addressed personally. Most people here understand the stupidity of firing a coach mid season. I was more than willing to give Josh through next year, with playoffs expected next year.

The losses this year didn't bother me as much as previous years because it was expected. BUT, this was not about a loss. This was a team that was not ready to be on the field, who didn't have a clue about the game of football....and that falls on the coach. A total embarrassment to the Broncos organization. If the team had at least looked like they were trying, like in the Jets game and we lost by 3 pts, hey it's a loss, it happens. But that wasn't the case and this was the Raiders. AND PLEASE stop with the injury excuse. 2-4 could be attributed to injuries. 2-5 can be attributed to a poorly coached team, a bunch of unmotivated players who are still collecting their checks. So I don't see a problem with coach(s) and/or player bashing today. They deserve it.

I won't bash anybody for going on a rant today. I could easily bust one out, but the rants have been covered already so I'm not gonna pile on.

All I have to say is hopefully the team shows some backbone from here on out. Show some pride, whoop somebody.

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 11:18 AM

I always thought that "tough, smart, situational football" is a bit of a contradiction.

You need a couple of guys who are just bulls who you just point down field and say run that way or tackle/block him to be tough.

If you make it too complex for these guys (a lot who squeeked through college academically) you take them out of their physical game because they are thinking too much.

I was hoping that his system would have been more comfortable in it's second season, it has been for Orton and the WR's (especially the older WR's who have been around the league) but it is a disaster with the OL rookies. Walton can't get the assignements right or tell who is coming, everyone on the OL (and TE's) are missing assignments and rushers/blitzers are coming free with sacks and causing fumbles and busted plays.

He should have built on the success they had vs Jets last week but instead it sounds like he berated the team and rode them hard which was a bad move as a manager. He lost them for this week, it was apparent that they were not at all motivated yesterday to do anything more than collect a paycheck. How he responds while traveling to London and all the distractions that brings will be fun to watch unfold.

There have been things I didn't like mCd's whole tenure, there have been idea's I liked and things I would like to see pan out but he can't get anything done if he loses the team. Maybe he reads "Failure is not an Option" in the plane and he learns some things to turn the season around by the best project manager in the history of the world!

bendog
10-25-2010, 11:22 AM
I fail to see how losses this year are to be more expected than previous years. This guy got a .500 team and 7 picks in the top 50 in two years, and the team's worse. That's not a rant, that's reality.

Broncomutt
10-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I don't know if it's true or not. That was from the Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller radio show on the 87.7. They're reporters and they have their job to do, same as the players and coaching staff have their job to do.

Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller are kind of tuned into the team, they have good relationships with a lot of players. They were busting Champ Bailey's chops for quitting, BTW.

For the record, I treat it as gossip and rumor at this point, but I appreciate you sharing comments like that with people who don't get the radio shows. maybe there's fire there, maybe not, time will tell I suppose.

However, it does fit a hypothesis which explains why McDaniels himself didn't seem to be his usal, errr, vocal self.

Gort
10-25-2010, 12:41 PM
you mean like...john elway and rod smith?

has Rod Smith been by Dove Valley this year? i don't recall hearing anything about him visiting. but i do know that Shanny was happy to bring in retired Broncos players to help during the Redskins camp.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15749949

outdoor_miner
10-25-2010, 12:59 PM
has Rod Smith been by Dove Valley this year? i don't recall hearing anything about him visiting. but i do know that Shanny was happy to bring in retired Broncos players to help during the Redskins camp.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15749949

Smith was supposedly working with Thomas on his route running, but I'm not going to take the time to find the article. Also - as has been noted, Elway is back being more involved...

broncosteven
10-25-2010, 01:17 PM
When is the monday presser?

Don't say monday either!

steeledude
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Nah, don't think so, dude. Your dumassery is nearly legend by now......

Coming from you...that's awesome. How are those McD nuts tasting right now? You really got it right on the head with that guy didn't you? I know it's hard when you get crapped on so thoroughly, and you want to lash out, but don't give up hope. Maybe all that nut sucking and ball juice will pay off in the end.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
When is the monday presser?

Don't say monday either!

there is no press conference this week because of London game according to Lindsay of the Denver Post

TonyR
10-25-2010, 01:52 PM
has Rod Smith been by Dove Valley this year?

Thomas has been working with former Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith after practices, picking up tips.

“He helped me out a lot, actually," Thomas said. "Just some of the stuff that he told me he did and would help me out and I tried it today and it did help."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Broncos-Demaryius-Thomas-coming-along.html

cutthemdown
10-25-2010, 02:07 PM
Looks like they must have had Boss Bailey come in and work with the defense this week.

bendog
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
there is no press conference this week because of London game according to Lindsay of the Denver Post

conveniently coincidental.

Mile High Shack
10-25-2010, 02:10 PM
conveniently coincidental.

I'm not even sure what he could say at this point.

I really, really, really, really promise we'll play better?