PDA

View Full Version : So, I'm doing Shots of Jack right now.

v2micca
10-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Curious about the methods others are using to cope right now.

EmpireOrange
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
I am kind of numb right now. Keep thinking about where this organization goes from here. Keep thinking we are heading to to the realms of buffalo or cleveland. Oh and I have jim beam in my glass

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
Walked out when the Raiders made it 38-0. Never left a game this early, but if they're not showing up I'm not wasting my time watching them.

Popps
10-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Cope?

Good lord. It's a game.

Sucks, sucks bad.

Won't even ruin half of my day. Been watching this stuff for over 30 years.

Win some, lose some.

v2micca
10-24-2010, 04:46 PM
Cope?

Good lord. It's a game.

Sucks, sucks bad.

Win some, lose some.

Yeah, I'm trying to tell myself the exact same thing right now. The Jack helps me believe it.

AZorange1
10-24-2010, 04:56 PM
If I still drank, I would be on my 12th bourbon and coke by now trying to make this one go away. 4th quarter and 52-14????? What the F--- is going on?

Sassy
10-24-2010, 04:57 PM
The Broncos must have took off for London early...these "players" are dressed up as the Broncos for halloween.

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Molson. So was not planning on drinking today.

bowtown
10-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Walked out when the Raiders made it 38-0. Never left a game this early, but if they're not showing up I'm not wasting my time watching them.

Same.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Jack...McDaniels?

bullhead
10-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Tequilla

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 05:05 PM
Tequilla

Impressive, over 3 years lurking for that.

loborugger
10-24-2010, 05:29 PM
The downside to this plan is that tomorrow is a work day.

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
The downside to this plan is that tomorrow is a work day.

I think we learned today that you don't have to show up to work to get paid.

HILife
10-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Curious about the methods others are using to cope right now.

Let me get a few shots. I just finished my newly opened bottle of Jack.

broncofan2438
10-24-2010, 05:37 PM
The good stuff

HILife
10-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Tequilla

Oh!! Good idea. I think i have some Patron left!

BroncoInSkinland
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Just my standard Budweiser, I'm not that surprised to tell the honest truth. It sucks, but this is where we are at. The rebuilding will start and it will get better slowly. Think about the poor Browns fans who have been part of organizations like this for decades.

gunns
10-24-2010, 05:41 PM
Cope?

Good lord. It's a game.

Sucks, sucks bad.

Win some, lose some.

Damn dude, I've been a Bronco fan for 40 years and have NEVER seen a debacle like this from the Broncos and I actually expected to lose. It wasn't losing, it was that there was not another team on that field with the Raiders. Won't ruin my day, I'm too pissed for that, but this isn't win some, lose some. That was total embarrassment of a great franchise by an embarrassing franchise.

randomtask
10-24-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm listening to lots of metal. Godsmack/Metallica/Disturbed stuff.

Also, I had one shot of Jose Cuervo when I turned the tv off when the score became 31-0.

That One Guy
10-24-2010, 06:21 PM
Impressive, over 3 years lurking for that.

LOL I love when lurkers come out like that.

Mecklomaniac
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
This team unwinds like a cheap sweater,
but since I gave up hope I feel a lot better.

Hulamau
10-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Love me my Broncos football, but when either wins or losses start to effect how I feel about my day, my week or dare say my life ... then its long past time for a change in perspective.

.... nevertheless, that WAS a pathetic excuse for execution out there today!! Oddly, the Raiders are the exact wrong kind of team to fall behind on. Their forte is pass defense and their run game on offense, so once we spotted them 31 points in a heart beat the dye was pretty much cast.

houghtam
10-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Love me my Broncos football, but when either wins or losses start to effect how I feel about my day, my week or dare say my life ... then its long past time for a change in perspective.

Agreed. I stopped letting wins and losses affect my daily life a long time ago. To reference Poops and to refute Gunns, yes, today was win some, lose some, IMO. They're all win some, lose some, because it's a game. Yes it's a game that a lot of us are really passionate about, but let's have some perspective here. Not one of us on this board could have changed the outcome one iota, except maybe for Kupesdad :)

THE719!
10-24-2010, 06:49 PM
dude ill join ya

oubronco
10-24-2010, 06:51 PM

Leave after spending that much money to see them? I would've stayed till the bitter end

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Leave after spending that much money to see them? I would've stayed till the bitter end

Season tickets, sunk cost. Not like we're not showing up next game.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 07:45 PM
Man this loss bringing out fans who rarely post. I cope by by inviting my GF over who hates football and won't bring it up. Then we will smoke weed and drink expensive wine all night while we watch scary movies.

Also I cop by analyzing the team realistically so my expectations aren't unrealistic. You could look on paper and see this defense would be horrid, this oline would be bad. You can't win if every team in the league is tougher and more talented in the trenches then you are.

Also unless Kuper hurt I have no explanation for how poorly he is playing. Just horrid play. Bowlen better do something or years like this will make all FA say no thanks to denver unless we overpay them. Once you get to that point you can stink for yrs. See detroit, see clev, etc etc.

Zoobie
10-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Herion relapse... Seriously people it's a ****ing game, my life does not change based on the results of the Denver Broncos.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Herion relapse... Seriously people it's a ****ing game, my life does not change based on the results of the Denver Broncos.

Mine does. Kills me to see Broncos like this. Will it keep me from enjoying life outside of watching football? No. But it ruins the fun I am used to having for 16 weeks a yr.

Honestly people how many yrs of this can you take before you won't even care about football anymore? No one cares about the Clippers. There is a reason for that. Once you suck for more then half a decade it's over for you. No one will care. You suck for a decade and you may be lost for a long long time.

Broncos have stunk for what 4 yrs now? Out of last 10 yrs maybe 2-3 good seasons? This is getting epic bad. Maybe Bowlen has his rings, and is really just balancing the books until he sells it. Please sell to someone rich if you do Bowlen.

Also hire a more experienced coach with a proven track record of kicking players asses for being soft.

Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher, hell maybe even John Gruden.

Broncos on about what y

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 08:08 PM

Why? To sit there and spend way too much on beer and food if you're not having fun is a waste.

I have left concerts that were mixed so poorly I couldn't stand it. Dave Mathews sticks out. I saw AC/DC twice. 2nd time was so bad I just said screw it and left. No reason to sit around and watch that I don't blame him for jetting.

Zoobie
10-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Mine does. Kills me to see Broncos like this. Will it keep me from enjoying life outside of watching football? No. But it ruins the fun I am used to having for 16 weeks a yr.

Honestly people how many yrs of this can you take before you won't even care about football anymore? No one cares about the Clippers. There is a reason for that. Once you suck for more then half a decade it's over for you. No one will care. You suck for a decade and you may be lost for a long long time.

Broncos have stunk for what 4 yrs now? Out of last 10 yrs maybe 2-3 good seasons? This is getting epic bad. Maybe Bowlen has his rings, and is really just balancing the books until he sells it. Please sell to someone rich if you do Bowlen.

Also hire a more experienced coach with a proven track record of kicking players asses for being soft.

Bill Parcells, Bill Cowher, hell maybe even John Gruden.

Broncos on about what y

What's funny is our "bad" years are records like 7-9 and 8-8. At least we have been in contention, sure we failed down the stretch but we were at least in the playoff talks and at no point have we been a cellar dweller. A half a decade makes you irrelevant? Come on dude, pull yourself together.