PDA

View Full Version : McD has to go

Pages : [1] 2

Spider
10-24-2010, 02:33 PM
**** it ..... he has to go

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Thank you..been telling that since a long time..

Spider
10-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Thank you..been telling that since a long time..

go f%ck yourself

Popps
10-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Thought it might take until half for the thread.

BroncoInSkinland
10-24-2010, 02:37 PM
Agreed, unfortunately the damage is already done. With what we have given away over the past two years, the rebuilding process will be extensive.

bloodsunday
10-24-2010, 02:39 PM
It's hard to argue. This is the most gut-less, heart-less I have ever seen a Broncos team play.

bronco militia
10-24-2010, 02:39 PM
thanks for the thread spider......it must be brought up.

Clockwork Orange
10-24-2010, 02:40 PM
This is starting to resemble the Wade Phillips era sans the HOF quarterback.

WABronco
10-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Agreed, unfortunately the damage is already done. With what we have given away over the past two years, the rebuilding process will be extensive.

We haven't given away anything. The downfall of this team is still the same. Weak offensive line and a defense with no presence.

Rohirrim
10-24-2010, 02:43 PM
Yeah, we're in Wade Phillips territory now. The writing is on the wall.

Jetmeck
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM

Finally it was said perfectly !

NFLBRONCO
10-24-2010, 02:44 PM
Even going 2-14 Bowlen won't fire Baskin

DarkHorse
10-24-2010, 02:46 PM
We haven't given away anything. The downfall of this team is still the same. Weak offensive line and a defense with no presence.

This - i'm still not sold on this being McDaniels fault tho. He's put a lot of pieces in place but the o-line is one of the worst i've ever seen.

We're very young right now.

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Yep.

McScrub hasn't earned the number of chances Shanny was given.

Next!

fontaine
I don't want McDaniels fired.

I want him to address what HE said was the priority in his opening comments in his hiring press conference: FIX THE TRENCHES.

Instead he's dismantled our once proud running game.

The raiders have OLinemen like their first round bust in Gallery who sucked SO BAD at LT that they had to move him to LG.

Cooper Carlisle at RG. Remember him?

Velldheer at LT who is about as crappy as it gets (he was a backup center who's had to shift out). This stiff has already committed three false starts in one quarter, has zero power base, but yet these chumps running a zone blocking running system with two decent backs have dismantled our defense and have been one of the best running teams in the league with bust after bust at QB.

Is there any other retard left on this board that still thinks letting Dennison walk and moving from a zone blocking scheme was a great idea?

Power run game? Gimme a ****ing break.

We've got coaches at OL/RB who are clearly out of their depth and OL that don't know if they're going to start or be on the bench or be inactive.

Tom freakin' Cable has a better coached/executing run game than offensive guru McDaniels.

If this offense was any more finesse they would be shaving their legs before they put on their ballerina slippers.

http://www.pinkflamingosports.com/img/6/67.jpg

bloodsunday
I don't think Bowlen can afford to fire him. Seriously, don't think he has the cash.

spdirty
Football in Colorado sucks dick right now.

Oh **** you Moreno! Its 38-7, stop acting like Jamie Winborn.

Jetmeck
10-24-2010, 02:47 PM

Gave away the running game ? Gave away Champ Bailey's window of opportunity for a Superbowl.
Shall I go on and on and on ?

LongDongJohnson
10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
you want to fire mcdaniels?

did you not just see that perfectly designed play for the TD?

bloodsunday
10-24-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't want McDaniels fired.

I want him to address what HE said was the priority in his opening comments in his hiring press conference: FIX THE TRENCHES.

Instead he's dismantled our once proud running game.

That's a great rant, but I don't think McDaniels believes in a running game. New England isn't exactly a power house in the run game.

He believes in this dink and dunk style offense.

Dagmar
10-24-2010, 02:50 PM
http://beckyyamamoto.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/dawson-crying.jpg

OBF1
10-24-2010, 02:51 PM
This message is hidden because go_broncos is on your ignore list.

txtebow
10-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Welcome to reality you gullible, starry eyed CHILDREN.

Rock Chalk
Gave away the running game ? Gave away Champ Bailey's window of opportunity for a Superbowl.
Shall I go on and on and on ?

He didnt give away the running game.

We lost the running game when Dennison and Turner LEFT. They were not fired, they LEFT.

go_broncos
This message is hidden because go_broncos is on your ignore list.

you can't ignore the facts...dumbass

OBF1
10-24-2010, 02:53 PM
And who do we bring in???

Jetmeck
10-24-2010, 02:54 PM
Welcome to reality you gullible, starry eyed CHILDREN.

Heh bud how u doin ? I seem to remember the locals on here giving you hell ?

Spider
10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
only thing that will elp me feel better is go find a raider fan and give that corksucking icehole a wedgie he will never forget

SoCalBronco
10-24-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm extremely disgusted by this performance, but I'm still willing to give him 2011 to get into the playoffs. They had a ton of injury issues this year....none of which would excuse this particular performance vs. Oakland, but I said when Doom got hurt (and reinforced when Ayers got hurt) that he gets 2010 as a pass, but he ABSOLUTELY has to qualify for the postseason in 2011, or else I would support a firing at that point. I still feel that way. I'm embarassed by what they did today, but he gets one more year to turn it around.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm not ready to fire McD, but I'm officially in the conflicted column (i actually stopped watching this game after the Orton sack when it was 24-0, so i have no clue what has happened since). The defense is very banged up, so thats not exactly McD's fault, but my God...something is most definitely wrong with this team.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-24-2010, 02:57 PM
I'm extremely disgusted by this performance, but I'm still willing to give him 2011 to get into the playoffs. They had a ton of injury issues this year....none of which would excuse this particular performance vs. Oakland, but I said when Doom got hurt (and reinforced when Ayers got hurt) that he gets 2010 as a pass, but he ABSOLUTELY has to qualify for the postseason in 2011. I still feel that way.

Ill sign on to this plan.

bloodsunday
10-24-2010, 02:58 PM
I'm extremely disgusted by this performance, but I'm still willing to give him 2011 to get into the playoffs. They had a ton of injury issues this year....none of which would excuse this particular performance vs. Oakland, but I said when Doom got hurt (and reinforced when Ayers got hurt) that he gets 2010 as a pass, but he ABSOLUTELY has to qualify for the postseason in 2011, or else I would support a firing at that point. I still feel that way. I'm embarassed by what they did today, but he gets one more year to turn it around.

We fired Shanahan the same season that he put 7 RBs on IR... right?

oubronco
10-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Who is actually worse than us right now?

Rock Chalk
10-24-2010, 03:00 PM

Well I never wanted McD but I knew whoever we hired deserved at least 3 years and was likely going to get it.

It really doesnt matter if the fans are with McD or not. Im certain that Bowlen is going to give him 3 years so might as well deal with it.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 03:00 PM
That's a great rant, but I don't think McDaniels believes in a running game. New England isn't exactly a power house in the run game.

If he doesn't believe in a running game then ALL the more reason not to break it apart and build a different running style.

Delegate that sh*t to guys like Dennison and other ZBS type coaches.

Instead he's taken a giant, stinkin' dump on our running game with a finesse offense.

BroncoInSkinland
10-24-2010, 03:01 PM

Look, I am not a fan of Baby Jay, frankly I hope he gets syphilis and then transmits it to McDaniels at this point. The fact remains he was a play maker during his time here, as was Marshall, Scheffler, and Hillis to a certain extent. I don't mind a coach doing what he has to in order to make the team his, but I do expect when we are cutting the fat to get something in return. What exactly is our return on those commodities? I have little to no confidence in the ability of our current coach to find playmaking replacements.

Further you illustrate beautifully the weaknesses of this team, though I would argue that two years ago O-line was one of the weak spots. If you are going to remove star players to get a more solid core and improve in the trenches fine, as a matter of fact awesome, because I believe as apparently you do, that the game is still won by the strength of your lines. But if you burn through all your trade worthy players and still end up with nothing of note on the lines, where does that leave you?

tsiguy96
I'm not ready to fire McD, but I'm officially in the conflicted column (i actually stopped watching this game after the Orton sack when it was 24-0, so i have no clue what has happened since). The defense is very banged up, so thats not exactly McD's fault, but my God...something is most definitely wrong with this team.

same here, i wouldnt say im conflicted, but beginning to raise eyebrows. injuries not his fault, 3 of our best D players are out, but this dates back to last year as well. he gets this year obviously and have to reevalute, probably next year without complaint. do or die in 2011.

ant1999e

And what were the excuses for the previous years? Shanahan did nothing without Elway.

barryr
I would say McDaniels needs to go if the players have quit playing for him and we see more of these kinds of efforts the rest of the season. Otherwise, he needs another year to draft some players who can actually play defense, which I have waited for a at least a decade for this franchise to do.

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 03:02 PM
Who is actually worse than us right now?

Akron State Zips?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-24-2010, 03:02 PM
only thing that will elp me feel better is go find a raider fan and give that corksucking icehole a wedgie he will never forget

How far are you from the Invesco parking lot? :~ohyah!:

SoCalBronco
10-24-2010, 03:03 PM

I didn't support Shanahan's firing, either. That was a mistake and its still a mistake. But, Josh has done some good things (and some pigheaded things), so I'm willing to give him this year as a mulligan so he can get his people healthy and his youngsters ready to play. I'm very disappointed in this "effort" because its an absolutely garbage effort, but my overall view hasn't changed. He's gotta make the playoffs in 2011, no matter what and should have the oppurtunity to field a healthy, seasoned team of his guys before his fate is determined. Three years is sufficient time. Now, if guys are hurt again in Year 3, then we're not going to keep waiting for a perfectly healthy year, but this has been a miserable year in terms of injuries. I'm looking forward to seeing him coach Tebow up. There's still alot of things he can offer, but he's gotta produce at some point. I don't think one extremely poor effort is sufficient reason to start all over again. 2011 is a big year.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 03:03 PM

I don't want McD fired until we see what happens in 2011.

But IF it does happen then I'd be all for bringing in Cowher given his history with the 3-4 (he might be the only guy who could tempt Dick LeBeau away from Pitt) and putting together a smash mouth offense to go along with what we have with Orton and the WRs.

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Shanny with a ton of injuries almost makes the playoffs ... Josh with any conflict stands on the sidelines with his thumb in his @$$ like the petulant spoiled child he is...

Hated him since His daddy who was his high school football coach benched their great starter for his son the silver spoon who sucked that season while a better qb was benched.

Dude just rubs me the wrong way...

Lolad
10-24-2010, 03:05 PM
I would say McDaniels needs to go if the players have quit playing for him and we see more of these kinds of efforts the rest of the season. Otherwise, he needs another year to draft some players who can actually play defense, which I have waited for a at least a decade for this franchise to do.

After 2 years of drafting primarily offensive players do you really believe that somehow we will draft D-Lineman?

LongDongJohnson
10-24-2010, 03:06 PM

you obviously dont watch much patriots football. They do run the football and they run quite well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't want him to be fired. Not yet. A lot of what has transpired today has been unlucky ****, **** that every team goes through.

That said, I worry that he's lost this team. The fight isn't there today, and hasn't been since we walked on the field. The coach can't control whether a guy fumbles or not, but he sure as **** had better get his team amped up for the game.

LongDongJohnson
10-24-2010, 03:07 PM
After 2 years of drafting primarily offensive players do you really believe that somehow we will draft D-Lineman?

no expect us to draft a qb in the first, WR and RB in the 2nd and TE in the 3rd.

KipCorrington25
10-24-2010, 03:07 PM
I've never seen a team so completely unprepared to play and then at the immediate and first sign of adversity quit so quickly.

That's on coaching folks.

Pony Boy
10-24-2010, 03:08 PM

They just need to pick up the phone...

Jesterhole
10-24-2010, 03:13 PM
He won't get fired until the end of next season, even if we lose every game the rest of the way, which we might.

Jesterhole
10-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Lol, Orton is our leading rusher with 21 yards on 2 attempts.

Gee Josh, I wonder why we can't Win any games...

bpc
10-24-2010, 03:17 PM
4-12 might cut it in Oakland or Buffalo, but it will never be accepted in Denver. That's where McD has guided this team over the past 16 games.

NEXT!

HILife
10-24-2010, 03:18 PM
go f%ck yourself

lol

Man-Goblin
10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
Boy. I have been a McDaniels supporter since day 1. But I'll say this; this is the type of performance that gets coaches fired. You're at home, against a hated rival, against a team that you should beat, and the team is completely unprepared. You spot them 31 points sixteen minutes into the game.

I mean, wow. There's going to be a lot of bad blood after this one. 75,000 people spent their money to go watch this bull****. He'll, I'm pissed off that I wasted $25 for lunch and beers at the bar.

I still think he will be a great coach someday, but this is the first time I'm starting to think it won't be here. He should still get 2011 to make things right, but as has been pointed out it's playoffs or bust.

ant1999e
10-24-2010, 03:20 PM
Shanny with a ton of injuries almost makes the playoffs ... Josh with any conflict stands on the sidelines with his thumb in his @$$ like the petulant spoiled child he is...

Hated him since His daddy who was his high school football coach benched their great starter for his son the silver spoon who sucked that season while a better qb was benched.

Dude just rubs me the wrong way...

And both coaches are at home in the playoffs.

Rocket 7
10-24-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm on board with this.

NFLBRONCO
10-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Top 5 pick (I'd fire McD and draft a QB) Bowlen won't though

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 03:28 PM
And both coaches are at home in the playoffs.

Considering Shanny won as many games as any coach in the league while in Denver I'm going with if I miss the playoff at least under Shanny we was competitive and I actually felt like every year shanny was the coach with a little luck we could win it all ... Not the same feeling now sorry.

TonyR
10-24-2010, 03:31 PM
I've been very supportive of McD, cognizant of the mess he took over, the rebuilding he's doing, and the youth and injuries on the current team. But this game is unacceptable and I'm officially a doubter now. If this team doesn't show some signs of growth and improvement in the second half of the season then I'd fully support Mr. Bowlen cutting his losses and going in another direction. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Still think Wink blows. This D has looked like **** to start every game and has been bailed out by other teams' inability to execute. The Raiders finished today when other teams couldn't.

eddie mac
10-24-2010, 03:34 PM
McFadden 200 yds 4 TD's. McD pick up your pink slip you utter ****.

eddie mac
10-24-2010, 03:35 PM
Martindale wasn't even considered for the co-ordinator job in Oakland.

lostknight
10-24-2010, 03:35 PM
They just need to pick up the phone...

Yes please.

~Crash~
10-24-2010, 03:36 PM
Still think Wink blows. This D has looked like **** to start every game and has been bailed out by other teams' inability to execute. The Raiders finished today when other teams couldn't.

not fair ! Wink has 3rd string team out there.

TheProfessor
52-14 to a division rival... in the third quarter

I'm speechless.

SonOfLe-loLang
Top 5 pick (I'd fire McD and draft a QB) Bowlen won't though

Yeah, because QB is our problem.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2010, 03:37 PM
not fair ! Wink has 3rd string team out there.

This was happening at the start when they were only down Elvis. It's being further exposed because of the injuries.

tsiguy96
52-14 to a division rival... in the third quarter

I'm speechless.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008122814/2008/REG17/broncos@chargers#tab:recap

Jetmeck
I've been very supportive of McD, cognizant of the mess he took over, the rebuilding he's doing, and the youth and injuries on the current team. But this game is unacceptable and I'm officially a doubter now. If this team doesn't show some signs of growth and improvement in the second half of the season then I'd fully support Mr. Bowlen cutting his losses and going in another direction. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Well the point most of make is this, he didn't have a mess on offense. We all know the defense stunk. He cut loose all the offensive firepower and what have we gained.

ANYONE WITH A LICK OF COMMON SENSE WOULD HAVE DRAFTED AND TRADED D-LINE AND SAFETIES ???????

mAYBE SOMEONE LIKE cOWHER COULD GET AWAY WITH THIS TYPE OF BS BUT THIS GUY IS UNKNOWN AND UNPROVEN AND TO COME IN HERE WITH HIS ATTITUDE AND GUT A Great offense and do next to nothing on defense is TOTALLY INEXCUSABLE !!!!!!

extralife
10-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, because QB is our problem.

For real. That top 5 pick better go to the strongest, meanest, biggest, nastiest mother****er that plays somewhere in the trenches that we can find.

TheProfessor
10-24-2010, 03:39 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2008122814/2008/REG17/broncos@chargers#tab:recap

Was that shanny's last game?

THE719!
10-24-2010, 03:44 PM

ya he does... and thing is their are no excuses for this lose.... its all on the coaches.... did we not fire shanny for this type of crap??? it all started when we traded cutler... I know he did play like crap today and for the last year in a half but still.... this is a utter and complete joke

eddie mac
We traded Alphonso Smith to accomodate the likes of Vaughn???

Hopeless.

footstepsfrom#27
The only question now is, will they break the NFL's scoring record for points against...72 I believe? It seems likely.

eddie mac
10-24-2010, 03:45 PM
59-14.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 03:48 PM
59-14.

It's okay. Our power running game along with all the scrubs we kept instead of Alphonso Smith, Lawrence Maroney, etc will fix it.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 03:49 PM
GET WALTON THE **** OUT OF THERE.

He's going to get Orton killed.

Spider
we suck girl balls

WolfpackGuy
Explain this Douchebag lovers...

zdoor
10-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Team is getting worse. He should be fired...

txtebow
10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
" Well the scheme is fine, it's the players fault..."

"Um, Josh hand picked these players..."

.....crickets..........

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 03:52 PM
Mcd has ruined the franchise..

TheProfessor
10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
GET WALTON THE **** OUT OF THERE.

He's going to get Orton killed.

we need to get orton out of the game - period.

If he gets injured during garbage time McD could really lose his job.

worm
10-24-2010, 03:53 PM
There was a point when Denver showing up and playing hard for the Raider game was all that it took for me...and a lot of fans to deem it a successful season.

Even on that easy metric this team doesn't measure up to even some of the worst of Bronco teams in franchise history.

This 'team' has a lot of soul searching to do. We were sold character and team over raw talent. Sorry. I just don't see the high character. Or pride. Or team.

Rohirrim
10-24-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm actually looking forward to hearing what Josh has to say about this game. I mean, what can he possibly say?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-24-2010, 03:55 PM
I'm actually looking forward to hearing what Josh has to say about this game. I mean, what can he possibly say?

How do you spell the sound of a suicide bullet? ugh

epicSocialism4tw
10-24-2010, 03:55 PM
There was a point when Denver showing up and playing hard for the Raider game was all that it took for me...and a lot of fans to deem it a successful season.

Even on that easy metric this team doesn't measure up to even some of the worst of Bronco teams in franchise history.

This 'team' has a lot of soul searching to do. We were sold character and team over raw talent. Sorry. I just don't see the high character. Or pride. Or team.

Character and pride are over on the bench wearing numbers 20 and 15.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 03:56 PM

We ran too many zone blocking plays.

Its the ZBS' fault.

ROFL!

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 03:57 PM
We ran too many zone blocking plays.

Its the ZBS' fault.

ROFL!

lol he will cut Clady now ...

steeledude
10-24-2010, 03:57 PM
Explain this Douchebag lovers...

No ****, how can you defend McDouche after this?

Rascal
10-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Put Tebow in already.

bpc
10-24-2010, 03:59 PM
I knew our franchise was in for a rude awakening after parting from the amazingly consistent winning we had under Shanahan. I just didn't our franchise could be totally derailed in a year and a half.

I was wrong.

usndan
10-24-2010, 03:59 PM
Time to send McIdiot packing..... With the way KC is stockpiling New England Assistant Coaches he may fit in quite well with them!!

broncoblue
10-24-2010, 04:01 PM
something needs doing you cant have this humilation without heads rolling.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 04:02 PM
McD: "We've traded our 3rd round pick for Ben Jarvis Green and a new hoodie. The stink of defeat won't get washed out of this one."

fontaine
10-24-2010, 04:03 PM
Now Walton's getting Moreno killed.

Seriously, what does it take for him to get benched?

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 04:04 PM
he needs to be fired immediately..

Ramathorn
10-24-2010, 04:06 PM
MCD is worst head coach ever. What a pathetic douchenozzel. Fn running game with less than 50 a game and our d sux. FIRE HIM TODAY. I will not look at this at the end of the year and think, wow that was irrational, This has been coming for a long time. He sucks and needs to go.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 04:09 PM
Tom Cable has been our MVP in sitting his starters and done what our defense couldn't do.

Stop the Oakland offense.

NUB
10-24-2010, 04:09 PM
McDaniels is clearly a franchise vampire sent by Belichick to ruin us from within.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 04:10 PM
MCD is worst head coach ever. What a pathetic douchenozzel. Fn running game with less than 50 a game and our d sux. FIRE HIM TODAY. I will not look at this at the end of the year and think, wow that was irrational, This has been coming for a long time. He sucks and needs to go.

Don't worry. Lawrence Maroney and that 6th we'll get next year will fix it.

ant1999e
10-24-2010, 04:10 PM
Mcd has ruined the franchise..

U r pathetic.

orangeatheist
10-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Well, it's over for me as well. I didn't think anyone could be worse than Wade Philips, but I stand corrected. McD is an epic failure.

Trying to look at the bright side, we got Shanny right after Wade. Who do we pick up to take us to the promised land after McD hits the road?

fontaine
10-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Our OL has given up.

Josh: "I don't think it was the right time to send in Tebow instead of Orton. I mean Tebow clearly is a zone type running back which means he's a pussy."

orangeatheist
McDaniels is clearly a franchise vampire sent by Belichick to ruin us from within.

That's as crazy as Denver losing to Oakland 59 to 14 at home...

cabronco
I recall in McD's press conference last week ...a reporter asked what would you say to the team for motivation this week. He said, come on its the raiders.

Yup and you just got humiliated McFail.

bronco militia
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL637/2498345/22431097/392752500.jpg

fontaine
10-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Well, it's over for me as well. I didn't think anyone could be worse than Wade Philips, but I stand corrected. McD is an epic failure.

Trying to look at the bright side, we got Shanny right after Wade. Who do we pick up to take us to the promised land after McD hits the road?

Well, I don't think that he's been given enough time, but I sure as hell am tempted by a coach like Cowher who has a history of putting together a smash mouth team with a real DL/OL and you know, doesn't hire nobodies to coach the OL/RB.

Broncos4tw
10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
McD isnt "bad" per se.. he just has no experience. He could be good.. in 5 years. But for some irrational reason, we bring him in, give him as MUCH power personnel-wise as Shan did.. which was touted as big reason why we were having issues. McD is not as experienced as Shan.. did we really expect him to do BETTER?

McD keeps making rookie coaching mistakes. Why in the HELL is Orton in the game in the fourth.. at ALL? Just stupid.

Sir_Robin
10-24-2010, 04:18 PM
U r pathetic.

Pathetic like McDaniel's? That's pretty harsh if so.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 04:19 PM
We can't even score against a defense that's got a lot of their second stringers in.

Bellichick: "You gotta stop calling me Joshie."
Josh: "Okay a first round pick for Ben Jarvis Green then."

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 04:23 PM
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7861/motivatorbfed0fe8637854.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8067/motivatora9ed601e761d1e.jpg
Hilarious! After seeing the George Bush shirts that say Miss Me Yet this came to mind heheh

frerottenextelway
10-24-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't believe in firing midseason. He gets rest of the year, and if there is no reason to bring him back, can him.

Spider
10-24-2010, 04:26 PM
**** **** .....................bull**** ........... lousy bastard

Paladin
10-24-2010, 04:30 PM
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7861/motivatorbfed0fe8637854.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8067/motivatora9ed601e761d1e.jpg
Hilarious! After seeing the George Bush shirts that say Miss Me Yet this came to mind heheh

Fug, no. I am glad your're gone.....

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Over 30,000 Raider Fans at Inesco-- celebrate as their team crushes the Broncos.
Many people could not believe they were at a Bronco home game. Raider Fans took over in the first quarter and tormented and bullied any Bronco fan in their way.
Will the Broncos ever have home field against the Raiders?

Was there really loads of raiders fans there ??? I watched the game but it's a blur ...

uplink
10-24-2010, 04:31 PM
maybe it is the players fault.

ant1999e
10-24-2010, 04:33 PM
maybe it is the players fault.

But those are McD's players.

lostknight
10-24-2010, 04:35 PM
I honestly believe that McDaniels could be a great head coach. But, he makes a lousy offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, QB coach and GM. He has systematically gotten rid of anyone who could compete for his job in the future (for good reason, if Nolan where here, and McDaniels lost next week, it would be a good chance that Nolan would be the coach afterwords).

strafen
10-24-2010, 04:36 PM
Fire McDaniels!!!

TonyR
10-24-2010, 04:40 PM
...he makes a lousy offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, QB coach and GM.

Pretty silly to say he's "lousy" at the two bolded above after the work he did in NE and what he's done with Orton. And he's not the D coordinator so that one doesn't work either. You might want to simplify your argument and just say he's a lousy head coach at this point.

Spider
anyone defending McDumbass , would wear feathers to his own mothers funeral

dsmoot
I don't want him to be fired. Not yet. A lot of what has transpired today has been unlucky ****, **** that every team goes through.

That said, I worry that he's lost this team. The fight isn't there today, and hasn't been since we walked on the field. The coach can't control whether a guy fumbles or not, but he sure as **** had better get his team amped up for the game.

Yes there was certainly some odd body language on the sidelines today.

Hulamau
10-24-2010, 04:55 PM

100% agree with you here SoCal ... Injures ARE a big factor .. also playing four tough games and the heartbreaking loss last week afte playing way beyond themselves last week .... BUT there is no excuse for the disappointing disappearance job they laid on the field today.

Hated seeing some of the defenders literally loafing out there at times after giving up early in the second quarter.

But on D w've lost both out best pass rushers and OLB's are out along with 3 of the top four corners and two of the top 4 safties.

I'm really most fed up with how terribly they played after playing so well last week.

Josh has a lot of good qualities and wil be intersting to see what this team does from here on... I remember when NE lost 44 to 3 at the begining of a season 5 years or so ago and rebounded to win the SB.... We're not about to do that with this team and this injury bug .. but at least we have to rebound and win more than we lose going foward.

Josh has to make the playoffs next year or at least deserve to, or he coudl be three and out. Really hope not.

lostknight
10-24-2010, 05:02 PM
Pretty silly to say he's "lousy" at the two bolded above after the work he did in NE and what he's done with Orton. And he's not the D coordinator so that one doesn't work either. You might want to simplify your argument and just say he's a lousy head coach at this point.

According to Nolan, he left denver because McDaniels wanted to run more of the defensive play-calling after the first six games. That makes him defensive coordinator de facto. We already know that McDaniels calls the offensive coordinator. He also appears to be head coaching.

My problem is not that Josh sucks at any one of those jobs - he sucks at all of them together.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 05:15 PM
According to Nolan, he left denver because McDaniels wanted to run more of the defensive play-calling after the first six games. That makes him defensive coordinator de facto. We already know that McDaniels calls the offensive coordinator. He also appears to be head coaching.

My problem is not that Josh sucks at any one of those jobs - he sucks at all of them together.

Seriously? Can you provide a link?

I find it hard to believe that a first time head coach could be so dumb as so undermine a veteran like Nolan when there's so much else to do with the offense etc.

extralife
10-24-2010, 05:19 PM
that's old news fontaine.

elsid13
10-24-2010, 05:22 PM

It is McDaniels and Xanders fault for not having young depth from the draft that could step in and at least compete.

elsid13
10-24-2010, 05:23 PM

I find it hard to believe that a first time head coach could be so dumb as so undermine a veteran like Nolan when there's so much else to do with the offense etc.

Do a search on the Colts game last season.

fontaine
10-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Has McDaniels said publically why Mike Nolan was fired? But even more to the point, why Don Martindale was given the defensive coordinator position? Did McDaniels see something special with Wink?
--Mark, Honolulu

As I was told by several players, the beginning of the end for Nolan was the Indianapolis Colts' game — the 13th of the season. To review, the Broncos carried an 8-4 record into that game, having won their last two. McDaniels won the coin toss, deferred, and then Peyton Manning put the Colts up 21-0 after three possessions.

During that 21-0 blitzkrieg, Nolan called some plays — particularly the run-blitz — that McDaniels didn't like. The hostile way McDaniels handled that communication breakdown was not well-received by Nolan. A month and four consecutive losses later, Nolan and McDaniels mutually agreed to part ways, without much comment.

In Martindale, McDaniels figures to have a more obedient defensive coordinator without losing much aggressiveness. Martindale's background, after all, is rooted in the Buddy-Rex-Rob Ryan defensive school of attack, attack, attack.

Read more: Broncos Mailbag: Elvis Dumervil's contract drawing worries - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_15205066?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29#ixz z13KEoiAuS

Screw this. You mean to say that McD lost the rag with one of the league's best 3-4 defensive coordinators? Nolan was the sole reason we went 6-0 last year.

That's it. I've lost all respect for McDaniels.

Broncos4tw
10-24-2010, 05:26 PM
All those things go back to coaching. Injuries? Conditioning. Player issues? COACHING. He replaced almost everyone on our team. Everything can be traced to coaching decisions. It's why the great coaches do great.. no matter what injuries or what's going on.. and the crappy ones do horrible.

BroncoInferno
10-24-2010, 05:27 PM

Solid, level-headed post SoCal. I'm disgusted too, but before today there had been encouraging signs and a coach deserves three seasons to get his progrma in order. The injuries aren't an excuse, but haven't helped. I just don't want to dump him and then have him rubbing our face in it years down the road like Shanny did the Raiders. And seriously, two TOs on the first two offensive plays digs a hole, and that's hard to pin on McD.

ZONA
10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
YUP - because firing your new headcoach every season is the best way to build for the future. ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

So basically, if you're brand new HC doesn't win at least 10 games the first season, his head has to roll, and that's based on what alot of people here believe. He was .500 his first season and people were calling for his head. So, uh, what, your 1st year coach has to make the playoffs now? Josh has been here for 1.25 seasons and his defense is obliterated with injuries. Maybe he should just wave that magic wand alot of you think is out there locked in his desk or something.

Hilarious!Hilarious!

fontaine
10-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Nolan, Turner, Dennison gone.

I guess it's pretty obvious now which coaches actually got this team to play.

WolfpackGuy
10-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Defend this Douchebag fans

Ratboy
10-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Pat Bowlen made a mistake and hopefully he corrects his mistake. He should give McDaniels until the end of the season, but if nothing changes.. he needs to go.

Ratboy
10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
YUP - because firing your new headcoach every season is the best way to build for the future. ROFL! ROFL! ROFL!

So basically, if you're brand new HC doesn't win at least 10 games the first season, his head has to roll, and that's based on what alot of people here believe. He was .500 his first season and people were calling for his head. So, uh, what, your 1st year coach has to make the playoffs now? Josh has been here for 1.25 seasons and his defense is obliterated with injuries. Maybe he should just wave that magic wand alot of you think is out there locked in his desk or something.

Hilarious!Hilarious!

You cannot build a team with a incompetent Head Coach.

TDmvp
10-24-2010, 05:34 PM

Hilarious!Hilarious!

Yup ... you can't fire him yet... I'm a big Josh hater , but you cant tell enough about a rookie head coach in 20 some games ... 30 35 games , maybe ...

Hell I've been stirring the pot with the anti shanny Josh humpers because it's funny to watch them dance ... But i'm also a realist when it comes to having to have enough time to get a full understanding if someone is cut out for something...

no one will remember I said this tho or me ripping the bed wetters all season who want him gone now ... But it's fun none the less...

fontaine
10-24-2010, 05:38 PM
A team plays for it's coaches. If these guys don't respond and play like this again then there's nothing you can do but fire the head coach.

scttgrd
10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
It has been said from some of us from the beginning. This hire was a mistake, I would like to think that it could be corrected, but without a change at the top it seems to be a losing proposition. Bowlen needs to make the change, and soon. I have no idea who could come in at this point. Who wants to be in charge of this mess?

ZONA
10-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Yup ... you can't fire him yet... I'm a big Josh hater , but you cant tell enough about a rookie head coach in 20 some games ... 30 35 games , maybe ...

Hell I've been stirring the pot with the anti shanny Josh humpers because it's funny to watch them dance ... But i'm also a realist when it comes to having to have enough time to get a full understanding if someone is cut out for something...

no one will remember I said this tho or me ripping the bed wetters all season who want him gone now ... But it's fun none the less...

Yeah, it's silly how so many people here THINK they know if somebody is going to be a good HC or not, in just 20 games with a team that has got to have the most injuries in the entire NFL. There have been plenty of great HC's that didn't do so hot in their first few seasons only to get fired and then go onto another team and do quite well. Ohhh wait, didn't we have somebody like that before? Frickin retards, how soon they forget.

Taco John
10-24-2010, 05:48 PM

I don't have a link, but this is was common information when it was going down. People here started bashing Nolan over it actually.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-24-2010, 05:51 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUBWxiu5cOo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HUBWxiu5cOo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Spider
10-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah, it's silly how so many people here THINK they know if somebody is going to be a good HC or not, in just 20 games with a team that has got to have the most injuries in the entire NFL. There have been plenty of great HC's that didn't do so hot in their first few seasons only to get fired and then go onto another team and do quite well. Ohhh wait, didn't we have somebody like that before? Frickin retards, how soon they forget.

dude I dont give a dayum if it was his 1 st game , no way in hell do you let a team come into your stadium and hang 59 ****ing points on your ass .... Even June Jones never allowed tat

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Memo to Pat Bowlen:

Never send a boy to do a man's job.

This clown had no experience as a head coach - surely you can do better than this?

TD30
10-24-2010, 06:34 PM

This, it is time. Any of us who have led teams know that after an experience like this if we can't get people to buy in we are done

Hercules Rockefeller
10-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Was there really loads of raiders fans there ??? I watched the game but it's a blur ...

Not even close. They weren't 30k Steelers fans at the AFCCG in '05, and that's the most away fans I've ever seen at a Broncos home game. This was a typical away fan showing, 5000-7500 tops.

titan
10-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Not even close. They weren't 30k Steelers fans at the AFCCG in '05, and that's the most away fans I've ever seen at a Broncos home game. This was a typical away fan showing, 5000-7500 tops.

I saw less visiting team fans in my section than any game this year (there were more Jets fans last week for sure). AFC Championship game in 06 did have a ton of Steeler fans.

Broncos4tw
10-24-2010, 07:03 PM

Newsflash - he hasn't won even 3 games in his SECOND season. His team is TERRIBLE. Losing at home against a team that lost to another horrible team last week, against their backup QB and 2nd year RB.

HE rebuilt our team. HE picked the players. It was his decision to rout all the skill players because he wanted "character" players. The McDaniel's way or the highway. If he is going to travel down that road.. where he is the all-powerful czar that makes ALL the decisions.. the onus solely rests on him for a horrible performance.

Out of curiosity, at what point does a coach finally get to take responsibility for crappy coaching? Year 5? 10? After we become as laughable as the Detroit Lions?

We were just handed a horrible defeat.. giving the Raiders their best win EVER! And you are saying "It's ok.. give him some time..it's all good."

Screw that.. I'm tired of him putting the blame on everyone else but himself. He needs to man up. And Bowlen needs to take some accountability.. unless he LIKES losing $$$.

Spider
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Newsflash - he hasn't won even 3 games in his SECOND season. His team is TERRIBLE. Losing at home against a team that lost to another horrible team last week, against their backup QB and 2nd year RB.

HE rebuilt our team. HE picked the players. It was his decision to rout all the skill players because he wanted "character" players. The McDaniel's way or the highway. If he is going to travel down that road.. where he is the all-powerful czar that makes ALL the decisions.. the onus solely rests on him for a horrible performance.

Out of curiosity, at what point does a coach finally get to take responsibility for crappy coaching? Year 5? 10? After we become as laughable as the Detroit Lions?

We were just handed a horrible defeat.. giving the Raiders their best win EVER! And you are saying "It's ok.. give him some time..it's all good."

Screw that.. I'm tired of him putting the blame on everyone else but himself. He needs to man up. And Bowlen needs to take some accountability.. unless he LIKES losing $$$.

agreed

WolfpackGuy
10-24-2010, 07:22 PM
He's doing a great job.

He's putting his stamp on the team.

The players are young.

They got rid of a bunch of malcontents.

They're buying into a team concept.

How many excuses are we supposed to put up with?

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-24-2010, 07:27 PM
How many excuses are we supposed to put up with?

Fewer than we did with Shanahan?

What did I win?

Missouribronc
10-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Newsflash - he hasn't won even 3 games in his SECOND season.

You're right. We finished the 2010 season 2-14. That is just down right terrible.

errand
10-24-2010, 07:43 PM
Memo to Pat Bowlen:

Never send a boy to do a man's job.

This clown had no experience as a head coach - surely you can do better than this?

Red Miller had no head coaching experience....went to SB in his rookie year. Mike Tomlin didn't have any head coaching experience either...neither did Caldwell. Dan Reeves didn't either.

fontaine
10-25-2010, 05:32 AM
I don't have a link, but this is was common information when it was going down. People here started bashing Nolan over it actually.

This pretty much changes my opinion of McD. How can someone with no coaching experience do that to one of the most well respected 3-4 D Coordinators?

Josh's ego is getting in the way of this team's future just like Mike's dumb loyalty to slowik.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 05:44 AM

This. McD is a good coach - he's convinced me in his dealings that he has the knowledge, motivation and attitude.

We're 2-5... I don't go into that bull**** that we're 4-13 in our last 17 games, because this is a new season. We loast to the Raiders. It looks bad right now... BUT there have been times that we've looked great against good team this year, and realistically we are a young team, and we're playing with a bunch of scrubs on defense and o-line right now.

Walton and Beadles will get better... but we might want to invest on another o-lineman. Hochstein was just horrible in that game.

On D, we have a good linebacking corps... they just all injured. Ayers-Dumervil are going to be an outstanding 1-2 punch with DJ in the middle. Jason Hunter has looked great this year too. And Dawkins and McBath were out - we started our #4 corner at Free Safety.

But if you talk about the trenches, we need some d-linemen. I like Bannan's attidude, but he isn't cutting it... Williams has been decent, but at his age he's going to need many , many breaks. Vickerson has been decent at RDE and McBean has made some plays... but none of those players really command the respect of an o-lineman.

Dawkins and Baily are old, too... so d-line, secondary, and o-line... then we just need to stay healthy.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 06:02 AM
This. McD is a good coach - he's convinced me in his dealings that he has the knowledge, motivation and attitude.

We're 2-5... I don't go into that bull**** that we're 4-13 in our last 17 games, because this is a new season. We loast to the Raiders. It looks bad right now... BUT there have been times that we've looked great against good team this year, and realistically we are a young team, and we're playing with a bunch of scrubs on defense and o-line right now.

Walton and Beadles will get better... but we might want to invest on another o-lineman. Hochstein was just horrible in that game.

On D, we have a good linebacking corps... they just all injured. Ayers-Dumervil are going to be an outstanding 1-2 punch with DJ in the middle. Jason Hunter has looked great this year too. And Dawkins and McBath were out - we started our #4 corner at Free Safety.

But if you talk about the trenches, we need some d-linemen. I like Bannan's attidude, but he isn't cutting it... Williams has been decent, but at his age he's going to need many , many breaks. Vickerson has been decent at RDE and McBean has made some plays... but none of those players really command the respect of an o-lineman.

Dawkins and Baily are old, too... so d-line, secondary, and o-line... then we just need to stay healthy.
Bull **** excuses...Keep them coming..
****ing pathetic Mcd lovers..sick of them.
We won 2 out of 10 with all of them.
By the way, what is your excuse with our offense and the great Running back we have.

fontaine
10-25-2010, 06:17 AM

Hilarious!

Walton will get better? And you know this how? On the basis that he's been stinkin' it up week in week out?

CEH
10-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Knowshown pisses me off to no end. Celebrating a couple TD when you are down by 31. Just shows me he's a Meshown type player.

His usual 3.8 ypc and a nice screen pass. But damn hand the ball to the offical and move on

The Oline quit first and foremost. Kupedad can agree or disagree but McD rode them hard his week and they flat out quit.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Knowshown pisses me off to no end. Celebrating a couple TD when you are down by 31. Just shows me he's a Meshown type player.

His usual 3.8 ypc and a nice screen pass. But damn hand the ball to the offical and move on

Ummmm, he wasn't doing it to celebrate himself. He was calling all his teammates over to try to pump THEM up. The team was flat and he was trying to do what he thought was right to wake them up. Agree or disagree with his methods if you like....but the intention was actually noble. It was NOT selfish.

CEH
10-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Ummmm, he wasn't doing it to celebrate himself. He was calling all his teammates over to try to pump THEM up. The team was flat and he was trying to do what he thought was right to wake them up. Agree or disagree with his methods if you like....but the intention was actually noble. It was NOT selfish.

You can assume that but I was there in person and I saw all the players and come away with a different opinion.

McDman
10-25-2010, 07:21 AM
You can't fire a coach after a year and a half, it wouldn't make sense. You have to let the players he has drafted get used to what he wants done.

Ayers has made big strides and I think Moreno is going to be good once our line can open some holes.

Its just too early to fire someone. We can't forget that this team was 8-8 for three years bf he got here. We were not respected nor feared then either.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-25-2010, 07:25 AM
If there are signs that he's lost the team, then it may be time for a change. I hate to bring all things Dallas into this, but the Mavs canned Avery Johnson after 3 seasons, a COY Award and a Finals appearance because he was making the wrong decisions and had lost the ears of his players. He did good things for the organization, but when the guys stopped listening to what he was saying (or in his case, yelling), then it was time to move on.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 07:25 AM
I understand why many people want Josh gone, but to me that's tanking on the team. I can't do it, but that's just me. If people want to throw in the towel that's fine with me, I understand.

Ambiguous
10-25-2010, 07:27 AM
You can't fire a coach after a year and a half, it wouldn't make sense. You have to let the players he has drafted get used to what he wants done.

Ayers has made big strides and I think Moreno is going to be good once our line can open some holes.

Its just too early to fire someone. We can't forget that this team was 8-8 for three years bf he got here. We were not respected nor feared then either.

I would rather be "not respected or feared" than a punchline. Yesterday marked the worst this team has been in 10 years, I'm sorry if I can't adopt the "wait and see" attitude anymore. It's clear we're done.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 07:31 AM
If there are signs that he's lost the team, then it may be time for a change. I hate to bring all things Dallas into this, but the Mavs canned Avery Johnson after 3 seasons, a COY Award and a Finals appearance because he was making the wrong decisions and had lost the ears of his players. He did good things for the organization, but when the guys stopped listening to what he was saying (or in his case, yelling), then it was time to move on.

That would certainly be the turning point for me. But, that remains to be seen. I'll give Josh and the players time to regroup and see if they have the backbone to finish strong.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Hilarious!

Walton will get better? And you know this how? On the basis that he's been stinkin' it up week in week out?

On the basis that he's 22 years old and has been in the NFL for 6 months.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Has anyone considered that they're quitting on Bowlen and not McD? Could be lockout related.

bendog
10-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Red Miller had no head coaching experience....went to SB in his rookie year. Mike Tomlin didn't have any head coaching experience either...neither did Caldwell. Dan Reeves didn't either.

facepalm

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Has anyone considered that they're quitting on Bowlen and not McD? Could be lockout related.

lol

Jetmeck
10-25-2010, 07:36 AM
Wade Phillips II. We deserve better !!

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 07:37 AM

If that is the case, I hope McD doesn't become the scapegoat.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 07:41 AM
If that is the case, I hope McD doesn't become the scapegoat.

These are his team first type of players. If anyone really thinks that they just quit on him because of something that may or may not happen is nuts. They are getting paid to play right now. Team players don't quit the guys that he cut or traded do.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 07:43 AM
I understand why many people want Josh gone, but to me that's tanking on the team. I can't do it, but that's just me. If people want to throw in the towel that's fine with me, I understand.

You must not have watched the game. The TEAM threw in the towel, not the fans. Now, we just have to figure out how to get this pack of losers out of our Bronco Orange and put a team together (and coaching staff) that actually gives a ****. I can't believe that anybody would just accept this monumental humiliation as "just another loss." The Titanic was just another sinking boat. Pearl Harbor was a bad day at the office. Krakatoa was a mild tectonic disturbance. This is the worst, most embarassing loss in the history of this franchise! I've been a fan more than thirty years and never seen worse.

They should be glad I'm not the owner. I would have padlocked Dove Valley and thrown all their **** out on the curb. I would take film and find every guy who was laughing and smiling on the sidelines after this ass kicking and I'd trade them for draft picks or cut them. Then I would kick Josh and his entire staff out and bring in some O coordinator who is an old hand from some other team and sign a bunch of players from various practice squads to finish out the season. Everybody would know from that moment on that you don't let the Raiders kick your ass in this town. EVER! And if you do, leave town with them and don't come back.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Who here thinks Don Martindale gets another season at DC?

Smiling Assassin27
10-25-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure what part of losing 59-14 to a downright bad team DOESN'T signal he's lost the team. The bottom line is that this team is still an inferior group from a talent perspective. The cupboard is bare, IMO. You can point to the WR's all you want but the history says that Gaffney is a role player, Lloyd is complimentary but never a true #1 in any city he's played in, and Royal has talent but is a #2 guy at best. DT has talent but is just a pup in a big dog's league. Our TE's are essentially worthless and Knowshon hasn't shown he's got any more talent than Kevin Faulk (my apologies to Faulk, frankly). The OL is average at G with the only guy that is legit right now being Clady. Walton is inexperienced but he just might actually lack the talent to excel at this level. Beadles seems to have more talent but see comment on DT.

Defense utterly collapsed. LB's are marginal, IMO. Even DJ, who racks up a lot of tackles, also misses too many. Haggan, Hunter, Moss, et al, are just guys. Talentless. DL is filled with castoffs and guys that are past their prime. We tried to acquire talent the Patriot way and got burned, IMO. DB's are above average but with McBath out, Dawkins hurt, and Goodman dinged, we are left with guys that are green but have shown flashes, outside of Bailey. Jury's out.

Coaching. See comment on DT...lol. McD is green and it shows. His moves don't seem to have any systematic thought involved but are impulsive and herky jerky, in a sense. His strength was said to be his offensive genius and ability to develop qb's. To his credit, he's done well with Orton but the offense has been largely unimaginative, though above average. He has problems calling siuational plays right now and part of it's due to the lack of talent, but not all of it.

59-14 is unacceptable. Last week's loss seems to have broken the will of the players and shaken up the coaches in terms of their confidence in guys. We need talent, not just guys.

Beantown Bronco
These are his team first type of players. If anyone really thinks that they just quit on him because of something that may or may not happen is nuts.

Can we put this notion of "team first" players to rest? There's no such thing. It's a business and the players all know this. It's the first thing out of their mouths when it comes time for contract talk. "It's a business. I need to do what's best for my family first." No exceptions. "McD guy" or not.

They are getting paid to play right now.

Actually, if they were on the roster week one, then their entire salary is guaranteed regardless of how they perform on the field. If there is a lockout, there is really no downside to quitting today. They'll make the same coin regardless.

Cito Pelon

Well, the team voted to decertify last week in anticipation of a lockout next season. But, there's no excuse for quitting Sunday. The team is gonna have to show some backbone and finish the season in a strong fashion.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 07:49 AM
These are his team first type of players. If anyone really thinks that they just quit on him because of something that may or may not happen is nuts. They are getting paid to play right now. Team players don't quit the guys that he cut or traded do.

OK, but right now it's all hyperbole.

There is a fine line between success and failure... there have been two games that the Broncos have simply been out of so far this year - Baltimore and Oakland.

things haven't gone the Broncos way so far. Deal with it. Like I said it's a fine line... the key is being able to skueak out the wins when it matter most. the youth on the broncos is showing. This last game we saw it with the fumbles, and blown coverages by Cox and jones.

Experience will change things.

Shanahan turned the team around in two years, but the dynamics of the game have changed.

Bill Belichick wen't 5-11 his first year with the Pats, and the next year won the Super Bowl.

Calm down, everybody.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Can we put this notion of "team first" players to rest? There's no such thing. It's a business and the players all know this. It's the first thing out of their mouths when it comes time for contract talk. "It's a business. I need to do what's best for my family first." No exceptions. "McD guy" or not.

Actually, if they were on the roster week one, then their entire salary is guaranteed regardless of how they perform on the field. If there is a lockout, there is really no downside to quitting today. They'll make the same coin regardless.

Then tell the rest of the posters to stop force feeding us that he is building a team first type of team. We don't need anymore high character crappy players that don't want to play.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 07:51 AM
This Raiders game will be a defining moment in McD's career - the point where he rises to the challenge, or turtles in defeat.

If it's the latter, one more year and he's out... it would take a sub 4-12 season for him to be fired at this point.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 07:53 AM
This Raiders game will be a defining moment in McD's career - the point where he rises to the challenge, or turtles in defeat.

If it's the latter, one more year and he's out... it would take a sub 4-12 season for him to be fired at this point.

Given Bowlen's reaction to the Raider ass whipping that Shanahan gave up, I truly doubt that McD has next year. He's got half a season.

bendog
10-25-2010, 07:54 AM
with a lockout likely? Isn't shanny on the payroll next year?

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 07:55 AM
OK, but right now it's all hyperbole.

There is a fine line between success and failure... there have been two games that the Broncos have simply been out of so far this year - Baltimore and Oakland.

things haven't gone the Broncos way so far. Deal with it. Like I said it's a fine line... the key is being able to skueak out the wins when it matter most. the youth on the broncos is showing. This last game we saw it with the fumbles, and blown coverages by Cox and jones.

Experience will change things.

Shanahan turned the team around in two years, but the dynamics of the game have changed.

Bill Belichick wen't 5-11 his first year with the Pats, and the next year won the Super Bowl.

Calm down, everybody.

Lol we got crushed at home by a team that just lost to the F'ing 49ers. 59 points got scored on us by the Raiders at home. That's not a fine line that's the grand canyon.

go_broncos
10-25-2010, 07:57 AM
with a lockout likely? Isn't shanny on the payroll next year?

he is not..

Cito Pelon
I'm not sure what part of losing 59-14 to a downright bad team DOESN'T signal he's lost the team. The bottom line is that this team is still an inferior group from a talent perspective. The cupboard is bare, IMO. You can point to the WR's all you want but the history says that Gaffney is a role player, Lloyd is complimentary but never a true #1 in any city he's played in, and Royal has talent but is a #2 guy at best. DT has talent but is just a pup in a big dog's league. Our TE's are essentially worthless and Knowshon hasn't shown he's got any more talent than Kevin Faulk (my apologies to Faulk, frankly). The OL is average at G with the only guy that is legit right now being Clady. Walton is inexperienced but he just might actually lack the talent to excel at this level. Beadles seems to have more talent but see comment on DT.

Defense utterly collapsed. LB's are marginal, IMO. Even DJ, who racks up a lot of tackles, also misses too many. Haggan, Hunter, Moss, et al, are just guys. Talentless. DL is filled with castoffs and guys that are past their prime. We tried to acquire talent the Patriot way and got burned, IMO. DB's are above average but with McBath out, Dawkins hurt, and Goodman dinged, we are left with guys that are green but have shown flashes, outside of Bailey. Jury's out.

Coaching. See comment on DT...lol. McD is green and it shows. His moves don't seem to have any systematic thought involved but are impulsive and herky jerky, in a sense. His strength was said to be his offensive genius and ability to develop qb's. To his credit, he's done well with Orton but the offense has been largely unimaginative, though above average. He has problems calling siuational plays right now and part of it's due to the lack of talent, but not all of it.

59-14 is unacceptable. Last week's loss seems to have broken the will of the players and shaken up the coaches in terms of their confidence in guys. We need talent, not just guys.

I could argue against some of that rant, but fans deserve to rant after that debacle. I'll just say wait and see how the rest of the season plays out.

Mogulseeker
Lol we got crushed at home by a team that just lost to the F'ing 49ers. 59 points got scored on us by the Raiders at home. That's not a fine line that's the grand canyon.

And read the rest of the post... at one end of the spectrum, the Broncos could be 1-6 right now... on the other, they could be 5-2.

Mogulseeker
10-25-2010, 07:59 AM
And yes, I would compare this team to the 2000 Patriots.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 08:01 AM
And read the rest of the post... at one end of the spectrum, the Broncos could be 1-6 right now... on the other, they could be 5-2.

I don't care about what we could be I care about what we are. Right now we ARE NOT GOOD. The worst part is there isn't one coach on this staff worth replacing McD with mid season. He's built himself a staff that pretty much makes it impossible for him to be fired mid season.

Honestly can anyone name me a team that has allowed 50 or more points at home during the season and made it to the playoffs? I would be shocked if there are more then 4 teams if any.

Smiling Assassin27
10-25-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't care about what we could be I care about what we are. Right now we ARE NOT GOOD. The worst part is there isn't one coach on this staff worth replacing McD with mid season. He's built himself a staff that pretty much makes it impossible for him to be fired mid season.

Honestly can anyone name me a team that has allowed 50 or more points at home during the season and made it to the playoffs? I would be shocked if there are more then 4 teams if any.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 08:05 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Qwq7BYOnDrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I wanted that posted when the thread popped up saying its only one loss lol.

Smiling Assassin27
10-25-2010, 08:08 AM
I wanted that posted when the thread popped up saying its only one loss lol.

This one is probably more apropos. ROFL!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tie0tz7jGDI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tie0tz7jGDI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Smiling Assassin27
10-25-2010, 08:11 AM

This dude just has a rant for every occasion!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoknTm9qMR0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoknTm9qMR0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 08:11 AM
This one is probably more apropos. ROFL!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tie0tz7jGDI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tie0tz7jGDI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They both ring true

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 08:13 AM
I'll tell you one thing about that team I saw on the field yesterday at Invesco - the San Francisco 49ers will kick their asses.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 08:13 AM

This dude just has a rant for every occasion!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoknTm9qMR0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BoknTm9qMR0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

OK I'm sold give me Jim Mora for the rest of the season.

Smiling Assassin27
10-25-2010, 08:26 AM
OK I'm sold give me Jim Mora for the rest of the season.

no hoodies AND the post game pressers will be fun again. let's bring back some fun to mile high, i say.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 08:28 AM

We have allowed 199 points through 7 games this year. I think we gave up 202 through 13 games last season. Losing Nolan was much, much bigger then we could have even thought of.

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 08:48 AM
We have allowed 199 points through 7 games this year. I think we gave up 202 through 13 games last season. Losing Nolan was much, much bigger then we could have even thought of.

But what about those last 4 or 5 games of 2009? This started last year under Nolan's watch.

And losing a handful of key starters this year certainly hasn't helped the unit.

bendog
10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
I'll tell you one thing about that team I saw on the field yesterday at Invesco - the San Francisco 49ers will kick their asses.

yeah. If they lose to the niners in london, they could actually lose out the rest of the year. The chorfs will be favored in Den. After that, they have 4 of 7 on the road with Hou in Denver. You know kubes will kick McD in the sack just to do it. If they lose next week, 5 and 11 is actually optimistic

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM

Dude, there's still 9 games to play. The fans have to show some backbone also, just saying.

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 08:56 AM
Dude, there's still 9 games to play. The fans have to show some backbone also, just saying.

What the fans do, or don't do, is completely immaterial at this point. I said last year, I give Josh one loss to the Raiders at home, but that's it. At this point, this coach and these players deserve nothing but scorn. It's up to them to turn it around. Not us.

strafen
10-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Has anyone considered that they're quitting on Bowlen and not McD? Could be lockout related.God forbid, we blame anything on McDaniels for God's sake!
Yeah, the players are going to quit on Bowlen, but not on McDaniels.
This is as stupid statement as I've ever read here in a long time.
Incredibly naive, for lack of a better word...

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 09:01 AM
God forbid, we blame anything on McDaniels for God's sake!
Yeah, the players are going to quit on Bowlen, but not on McDaniels.
This is as stupid statement as I've ever read here in a long time.
Incredibly naive, for lack of a better word...

Jesus Christ....I presented a freaking question. That is all. NOWHERE did I saw McD was blameless for anything. Learn to read.

bendog
10-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Coach McD hasn't had time to get rid of all the cancer guys. Look at all the guys he cut who aren't in the league anymore. It's not his fault (sarcasm)

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 09:35 AM

Well I'm sorry I let us down yesterday. Maybe I will practice with more pads this week.

TonyR
10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Lol we got crushed at home by a team that just lost to the F'ing 49ers.

I know what you're saying but that's a bit meaningless. This is a goofy season thus far. Hell, New Orleans lost badly to Cleveland at home yesterday. Explain that. All that said I agree that we suck right now!

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:01 AM
But what about those last 4 or 5 games of 2009? This started last year under Nolan's watch.

And losing a handful of key starters this year certainly hasn't helped the unit.

I'd like to officially eat crow on the Nolan thing. You were telling us he was going to have a late season collapse before the season even started and I thought you were nuts.

You sir, are Nostradamus reincarnate. :approve:

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd like to officially eat crow on the Nolan thing. You were telling us he was going to have a late season collapse before the season even started and I thought you were nuts.

You sir, are Nostradamus reincarnate. :approve:

Comes from having a friend who is a Redskins fan. He literally hates Nolan more than any other person on the planet. It's pretty comical actually.

bendog
10-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Yeah, sure glad his ugly mug isn't around this team .....

Florida_Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:20 AM
Comes from having a friend who is a Redskins fan. He literally hates Nolan more than any other person on the planet. It's pretty comical actually.

Yeah, apparently those late season collapses are a Nolan signature.

What's your take on Martindale so far?

Spider
10-25-2010, 10:22 AM
9 pages ? Look I said mcd has to go , there is nothing up for discussion .....Thats the final word on it

Beantown Bronco
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Yeah, apparently those late season collapses are a Nolan signature.

What's your take on Martindale so far?

The more I read about him after the promotion and the more I heard from Rex Ryan about him, the happier I got. He's got the pedigree and system to be successful.....I just don't think he has the talent yet to fully run it. And the injuries are certainly killing him.

At this point, I'd like to see him finish out the year and get at least one more.

Dagmar
10-25-2010, 10:31 AM
9 pages ? Look I said mcd has to go , there is nothing up for discussion .....Thats the final word on it

When we start taking some retarded truckers, who isn't smart enough to get a GED, word as the final word on anything, we are in trouble.

Raider Bill
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM
When we start taking some retarded truckers, who isn't smart enough to get a GED, word as the final word on anything, we are in trouble.

lulz

Spider
10-25-2010, 10:50 AM

now now dont get all butt hurt cause your man crush screwed the pooch and needs to be fired .... chin up and stop taking it like a man from mcD ......

Spider
10-25-2010, 10:54 AM
lulz

LOL look who finally shows up ........Finally got enough balls back to admit to bein a Raider fan again ....... way to go

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 11:27 AM
What the fans do, or don't do, is completely immaterial at this point. I said last year, I give Josh one loss to the Raiders at home, but that's it. At this point, this coach and these players deserve nothing but scorn. It's up to them to turn it around. Not us.

If you want to bag on the team they certainly earned it. I have a vestigial kneejerk reaction to support the team, I can't help it. God help me, I just can't quit.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Well I'm sorry I let us down yesterday. Maybe I will practice with more pads this week.

Dude, that was a fastball down the middle I chose to not hit out of the park. Think Tam.

DBroncos4life
10-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Dude, that was a fastball down the middle I chose to not hit out of the park. Think Tam.

:thumbsup:;D

Rohirrim
10-25-2010, 11:40 AM
If you want to bag on the team they certainly earned it. I have a vestigial kneejerk reaction to support the team, I can't help it. God help me, I just can't quit.

I've been rooting for this team for over thirty years. I don't really have to prove anything to anybody. I've seen players and coaches come and go. The fans make the team. The fans keep it alive with their interest and their money. No fans, no NFL. The team I saw yesterday doesn't deserve to wear the Orange & Blue and I really wouldn't care if most of them packed up and got the hell out of town. They don't exhibit the attitude required to be a Bronco.

bendog
10-25-2010, 12:04 PM
exactly. Bowlen, McDaniels, Orton ... they could all leave tomorrow, and it doesn't change a thing.

strafen
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
9 pages ? Look I said mcd has to go , there is nothing up for discussion .....Thats the final word on ithahaha!!!
That's hilarious. ROFL!

Spider
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
hahaha!!!
That's hilarious. Rofl!

^5

lod01
10-25-2010, 04:02 PM
This conman will wait until just the right moment to toss Orton under the bus, insert Tebow and proclaim the start of a succesful rebuilding project complete with blueprints showing it will take 3 years to complete.

Cito Pelon
10-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I've been rooting for this team for over thirty years. I don't really have to prove anything to anybody. I've seen players and coaches come and go. The fans make the team. The fans keep it alive with their interest and their money. No fans, no NFL. The team I saw yesterday doesn't deserve to wear the Orange & Blue and I really wouldn't care if most of them packed up and got the hell out of town. They don't exhibit the attitude required to be a Bronco.

Agreed.

However, they've made some plays in the past, so let's see if they can redeem themsrlves.

Dedhed
10-25-2010, 04:29 PM
http://beckyyamamoto.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/dawson-crying.jpg

This.

You're a bunch of whining pansies.

Houshyamama
10-25-2010, 06:09 PM
Orangemane: "Hey Hey! Ho Ho! McPoopy Pants has got to go!"

Spider
10-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Agreed.

However, they've made some plays in the past, so let's see if they can redeem themsrlves.

not so much the players fault as it was the coaches , take last nights game , Eli manning 2 turnovers 1 st 2 drives , he was off target big time , you didnt see the giants fold ,that was discipline, what we saw sunday doesnt even have a name

colonelbeef
10-26-2010, 09:21 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/drew031809.gif

bronco militia
11-22-2010, 07:43 PM
kick....

**** YOU JOSH AND THIS DISASTER YOU CALL THE DENVER BRONCOS

theAPAOps5
11-22-2010, 07:48 PM
This is a bump fail.

colonelbeef
11-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Orangemane: "Hey Hey! Ho Ho! McPoopy Pants has got to go!"

Houshyamama: "Josh McDaniels has done a good job in Denver. I thoroughly enjoy watching losing football, and will continue to get geared up in my cheerleading uniform every sunday and wave my pom poms"

bronco militia
11-22-2010, 07:52 PM
This is a bump fail.

this bitch is just getting started all over again Ha!

Requiem
11-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Here is an idea. Fire McDaniels.

Get Pat drunk enough to sign Go_Broncos, Colonel Beef, Sctt_Grd, Strafen and BPC as our coaches and see how well we do.

Why not?

They obviously could do it better.

colonelbeef
11-22-2010, 07:56 PM

Get Pat drunk enough to sign Go_Broncos, Colonel Beef, Sctt_Grd, Strafen and BPC as our coaches and see how well we do.

Why not?

I would be a **** coach because I don't like to babysit egos.

I would be a better GM than Xanders tho

theAPAOps5
11-22-2010, 07:57 PM
this b**** is just getting started all over again Ha!

LOL I know! That is why its a fail! The calls for his head will be deafening now! It wasn't an attack on you! :angel:

bronco militia
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
LOL I know! That is why its a fail! The calls for his head will be deafening now! It wasn't an attack on you! :angel:

I just wanted to make sure Spider got all the credit....:clown:

Rulon Velvet Jones
11-22-2010, 07:59 PM

No, you wouldn't. The numbers alone would confuse you. They're usually more than double-digits.

oubronco
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM
All I know is this is an epic clusterfuuk in all 3 phases of the game I don't give a shyt if he stays or goes but damn it fix this shyt

Requiem
11-22-2010, 08:00 PM

No, but I'm sure years of licking piss and spunk off toilets would serve you well for a janitorial position at Dove Valley.

DomCasual
11-22-2010, 08:01 PM

Why not?

So, you aren't allowed to be critical of someone in sports if you yourself aren't better than them?

colonelbeef
11-22-2010, 08:02 PM
No, but I'm sure years of licking piss and spunk off toilets would serve you well for a janitorial position at Dove Valley.

That is hilarious. You should take your act on tour, truly magical

colonelbeef
11-22-2010, 08:03 PM
No, you wouldn't. The numbers alone would confuse you. They're usually more than double-digits.

Please cease this attack on my intelligence, random useless internet loser. My feelings are being damaged.

CEH
11-22-2010, 08:05 PM
WHat a good old butt kicking

Nowhere did McD spend his resources on D except for Ayers and the glass saftey McBath.

He brought this on himself.

Could he actullly leave the team in worst shape than Shanny

I didn't think so on D but this team is nowhere even close to mediorce

Requiem
So, you aren't allowed to be critical of someone in sports if you yourself aren't better than them?

I'm all ears for sound criticism on the coach and new approaches on what direction this team should go. There is a difference between sound criticism and just flat out irrationality.

MrPeepers
this team sucks.

Orange4Life
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
All I know is this is an epic clusterfuuk in all 3 phases of the game I don't give a shyt if he stays or goes but damn it fix this shyt

This. I was all for giving Josh another year but these blow outs cannot happen. It seems like we are going in the wrong direction. I get that we have injuries but the performance on the field still looks like ****. The play calling has been a train wreck and then some. We as a fan base don't deserve this.

At this point I don't care if Josh stays or goes. But I'm getting closer to wanting him gone.

Requiem
11-22-2010, 08:06 PM
That is hilarious. You should take your act on tour, truly magical

I am contacting McDaniels to ask if he would like to be my main attraction.