PDA

View Full Version : MaxDenver 4-3 3-4 article

broncosteven
10-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Thought this was a very good article and didn't see it after a quick glance of the 1st page:

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/10/20/4-3-or-3-4-look-for-both-in-near-future/

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Early in Sunday’s game, Mark Sanchez and the Jets offense looked across the line of scrimmage and saw something they scarcely expected from the Broncos — a 4-3 alignment.

Denver hadn’t worked extensively with a 4-3 since training camp, and the Jets appeared befuddled at the game’s outset, gaining just four yards and no first downs on their first three series, which ended in two punts and an interception.

The Jets eventually adjusted to the Broncos’ look, which was as much necessity as strategy, thanks to injuries to Robert Ayers and Wesley Woodyard that sapped the linebacker corps of its depth.

“The four-down linemen (scheme) was something we felt had a chance to be productive for us last week,” Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. “We liked a lot of what we got out of that defense and that personnel grouping and the looks that we tried to give the Jets. It’s something that we will consider as we go forward.”

But the element of surprise present last weekend will no longer be there.

“The 4-3 really slowed down

More here:

http://maxdenver.com/blog1/2010/10/20/4-3-or-3-4-look-for-both-in-near-future/

supermanhr9
10-21-2010, 02:50 PM
interesting. Also, the ad on this page is funny, because I too just bought a breathelzer.

Inkana7
10-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Jarvis Moss says the defense is improving.

He would know, since he get's a birds eye view of it after getting blocked out of the play every down.

Jetmeck
10-21-2010, 04:16 PM
when we get woodyard back ?

baja
10-21-2010, 04:26 PM
A few of us were calling for the 4 / 3 before the Jets game. My reason was two fold. As the article mentioned the LBs were depleted plus I felt it was the best way to keep Moss off the field because he can't play.

Los Broncos
10-21-2010, 04:39 PM
when we get woodyard back ?

I looked around and couldn't find anything, just that he is out this weekend.

fontaine
10-22-2010, 03:02 AM
We didn't play a 4-3 look.

It was more 5-2 with Hunter lining up on a two point stance at the line of scrimmage outside the LT.

We also switched back to a 3-4 plenty of times during the game.

All in all a pretty weak article.

The MVPlaya
10-22-2010, 03:27 AM
We didn't play a 4-3 look.

It was more 5-2 with Hunter lining up on a two point stance at the line of scrimmage outside the LT.

We also switched back to a 3-4 plenty of times during the game.

All in all a pretty weak article.

You're right, Bannan, Vickerson, and McDaniels had no idea what they're talking about when it comes to football terminology but you do.

HILife
10-22-2010, 10:14 AM

He would know, since he get's a birds eye view of it after getting blocked out of the play every down.

He's doing his part by taking on the block and leading his guy way out of the play.

HILife
10-22-2010, 10:18 AM
A few of us were calling for the 4 / 3 before the Jets game. My reason was two fold. As the article mentioned the LBs were depleted plus I felt it was the best way to keep Moss off the field because he can't play.

Coaches must be reading the board regularly.

HILife
10-22-2010, 10:21 AM
You're right, Bannan, Vickerson, and McDaniels had no idea what they're talking about when it comes to football terminology but you do.

Well according to the lastest poll on CNN and The Washington Post "McDaniels is tearing the NFL apart." So take his terminology for what it is.

BigPlayShay
10-22-2010, 10:29 AM

Pressure from Moss did play a part in Squid's INT.