RB Oak
WR Den
OL Den
DL Oak
LB Den
DB Den
ST Den
Coach Den

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Raiders-Broncos matchup.

1. The Raiders need to run: Oakland is poor in virtually every aspect of the passing game. They are near the bottom of the league in passing yards per play, interceptions per attempt, QB getting sacked per attempt and completion percentage. It's not a diversified attack, but they need to mostly focus on the run.

2. Eliminate big plays: The biggest problem for the Raiders this year is pretty simple -- they will hang close with teams (teams better than them, in some cases) and then give up a huge play seemingly out of nowhere. They need more discipline in their defensive assignments.

3. Max protect, Oakland: The Raiders may be on their third quarterback of the season if Jason Campbell can't play Sunday. He tweaked his knee in the first half of Sunday's game which may have contributed to his QB rating of 10.7. Oakland will need to keep TEs in to block.

4. Bring the heat: While the Raiders are giving up too many explosive plays they can't afford to go conservative on defense. Oakland needs to find a way to get Kyle Orton uncomfortable in the pocket.

5. Matchup to watch -- Oakland TE Zach Miller vs. Denver LB D.J. Williams: Miller leads the Raiders in receptions and touchdowns. He is a consistent target over the middle and does a great job of competing for the ball when in traffic. He has caught 65 percent of the passes thrown in his direction, which is the highest percentage on the Raiders. Williams is Denver's leading tackler and has the speed and athleticism to make plays in space.

6. Look for more Tim Tebow (yes): Rookie QB Tim Tebow saw limited action in Sunday's game against the New York Jets and helped Denver amass a season high 145 yards on the ground. This was the first time the Broncos managed to gain over 100 yards in a game all season. Against a team that has struggled to play disciplined defense the Wildcat or option offense could be very effective.

7. Look for more combination packages on defense: Denver played most of Sunday's game with a 4-3 front after losing starting LB Robert Ayers, safety Brian Dawkins and cornerback Andre' Goodman due to injury. The different looks served to confuse QB Mark Sanchez and the Jets' offense as Denver came up with two QB sacks and two interceptions. It may be time for this team to mix 3-4 and 4-3.

8. Crowd the box: As noted above, really all Oakland can do is run. So, crowd the box.

9. Establish the run: The Raiders allow 150 yards per game on the ground. That's third-worst in the NFL. Knowshon Moreno could feast here.

10. Matchup to watch -- Denver WR Brandon Lloyd vs. Oakland CB Nnamdi Asomugha: Lloyd is second on the team in receptions with 34, but leads the team in receiving yards, yards per catch and receiving touchdowns. He is a bigger receiver that is finally living up to expectations. He has the speed to stretch a secondary and the receiving skills to compete for the ball in traffic. Asomugha is a big cornerback that has shut down skills and the speed to run with any receiver on go routes.

Prediction
Oakland 21
Denver 27

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scouting?gameId=301024007

Hogan11
10-21-2010, 07:00 AM
They actually picked Denver to win?!?!? Wow, where's that jawdropping smilie at?

lostknight
10-21-2010, 07:27 AM
You know, if this team looses this game, it will be apocolyptic around here.

go_broncos
10-21-2010, 07:40 AM
We should be able to win this game..
2 things i hate seeing on Sunday..

a) losing the game against OAK.
b) Popps creating a thread "Proud with the effort, despite the loss".

Los Broncos
10-21-2010, 07:40 AM
McDaniels is a better coach than Cable? I don't think so...:spit:

"He's doing a great job"

BroncoInferno
10-21-2010, 08:00 AM

c) You crying and moaning like a little bitch even if we win.

baja
10-21-2010, 08:01 AM

There won't be any 'b)' this week.

We all know we need and should beat oakland this week. I will be pissed if we lose this game. There will be no excuses for this game. It's win or tell me why you didn't.

PRBronco
10-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Haha awesome :) Lol at suggesting max protect against our pass rush though :(

oubronco
10-21-2010, 08:31 AM
c) You crying and moaning like a little b**** even if we win.

Winner Winner chicken dinner

Rigs11
10-21-2010, 09:38 AM
when we win this week. all we're gonna hear from the debbie downers around here is how it was just the raiders.can't wait....

Rausch 2.0
10-21-2010, 09:47 AM
when we win this week. all we're gonna hear from the debbie downers around here is how it was just the raiders.can't wait....

Most talented Defense in the division, by far.

Now, KC is doing much more with much less...of course, we now have a legit D Coordinator...but had we the talent of Choketown...WOW.

I pray that Greasy Al lives FOREVER!

underrated29
10-21-2010, 10:18 AM
McDaniels is a better coach than Cable? I don't think so...:spit:

"He's doing a great job"

I cant tell. Are you serious here?

Rohirrim
10-21-2010, 10:50 AM
I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo looking forward to this game. :strong:

Quoydogs
10-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I cant tell. Are you serious here?

He would have to be joking. The best thing Cable could do in his career, at this point, is go back to coaching the Vandals.

Smiling Assassin27
10-21-2010, 11:01 AM
We aren't good enough to coast in this game. We do that, or we play soft like in Baltimore and Oakland will do what they've done recently to us--they've hung around and stolen games from Invesco at the end.

We do not have the talent to just toss our helmets and pads onto the field and get a win, so people had better expect a fight, though we always hope for a cakewalk.

colonelbeef
10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
You know, if this team looses this game, it will be apocolyptic around here.

It's a must win as far as 2010 is concerned.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-21-2010, 11:54 AM
can we put al davis in the broncos ring of fame should we make him a honorary member of the denver broncos . perhaps al is really working undercover for bowlen .

PRBronco
10-21-2010, 12:07 PM
can we put al davis in the broncos ring of fame should we make him a honorary member of the denver broncos . perhaps al is really working undercover for bowlen .

Al actually died two years ago. Ever wonder where Andrew Mason ended up? They used the groundbreaking technology from Face/Off and he's been running things there ever since. It's literally the only way you can explain the Mike Mitchell draft pick.

Los Broncos
10-21-2010, 12:19 PM
He would have to be joking. The best thing Cable could do in his career, at this point, is go back to coaching the Vandals.

I was just joking, I got it from that read yesterday where it said Cable was doing a great job.

Cool Breeze
10-21-2010, 12:41 PM

I agree with this statement.

gyldenlove
10-21-2010, 12:53 PM

It is ALWAYS a must win. No team is more despicable, vile, evil and hated than the Raiders, and thankfully over the last decade no team is more useless either. Raiders games are always must wins, it is a matter of something much more important than fleeting success, it is a matter of pride!

colonelbeef
10-21-2010, 03:50 PM
It is ALWAYS a must win. No team is more despicable, vile, evil and hated than the Raiders, and thankfully over the last decade no team is more useless either. Raiders games are always must wins, it is a matter of something much more important than fleeting success, it is a matter of pride!

while I agree with the sentiment, in the bigger picture 2-5 with an early loss in the division to a supposedly inferior opponent is a season-ender in all likelihood.

baja
10-21-2010, 03:57 PM
while I agree with the sentiment, in the bigger picture 2-5 with an early loss in the division to a supposedly inferior opponent is a season-ender in all likelihood.

I think we can lose 6 or even 7 games and still win the division so it doesn't really matter which games those loses come in.

Ugly Duck
10-21-2010, 05:37 PM

And if you lose....

BoulderBum
10-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I think we can lose 6 or even 7 games and still win the division so it doesn't really matter which games those loses come in.

In a division that will likely end up close with multiple teams it definitely matters which games you lose. There will likely be a few teams at 8-8 or 9-7. Tiebreakers will make all the difference.

cutthemdown
10-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Broncos should be able to take care of the Raiders.

Broncos 23
Raiders 21

Dagmar
10-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Broncos should be able to take care of the Raiders.

Broncos 23
Raiders 21

I think we will absolutely destroy them. If we stop their rushing attack, we will KILL them.

^5

baja
10-21-2010, 06:22 PM
In a division that will likely end up close with multiple teams it definitely matters which games you lose. There will likely be a few teams at 8-8 or 9-7. Tiebreakers will make all the difference.

True.

I was going to edit my post and say, except in the case of a W /L tie

Actually I'm thinking we will win out and not have to worry about it. ;D

baja
10-21-2010, 06:24 PM
The Raiders are in disarray we should win this walking away but I think I typed the same line the last two years.. So.......

strafen
10-21-2010, 07:31 PM

ROFL! ^5 :strong:

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 12:44 AM
I think we will absolutely destroy them. If we stop their rushing attack, we will KILL them.

^5

If Broncos got super good results in redzone I agree. This is a bad matchup for Oakland because they are as banged up as Broncos, but we have a QB playing well. In NFL having better play from the QB is huge.

Raiders as bad throwing the ball as we are running it. And you all know what I said about our running game.

Raiders passing game is pathetic and a disgrace. I long for the days when Raiders Broncos meant playing for more then who is worst.

We should load up to stop the run, cover the hell out of Miller, and make Boller beat us throwing to the wr not the TE and the RB's.

On offense I think we just fire away. Huff can be beat by just running straight down the field. If we can get Raiders busy with Thomas and Lloyd maybe we can get Gaffney on Huff and send him right down the seam. Huff sneaks up a lot. Bring Tebow in on 3rd and short, get the Raiders safetys cheating, then burn them deep. And know I am not joking.

Also anytime Orton see's 1-1 with any Raider safety he should look to burn them deep.

I watched them last week. Niners left tons of long long pass plays on the field because Smith can't moce in pocket and look downfield.

UberBroncoMan
10-22-2010, 12:51 AM
Winner Winner chicken dinner

I really want a ****ing chicken dinner right now.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 02:38 AM
They should've hired me to run that franchise, back in 2005.

If I had been in charge, right now they'd have Matt Schaub, Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. Though they would've lost Jamarcus Russell, Michael Huff, Zach Miller and Mike Mitchell. It was an air-tight plan, no joke.

__________________________________________________ __

Rick Upchurch was once engaged to Condoleezza Rice.

bowtown
10-22-2010, 06:22 AM

If I had been in charge, right now they'd have Matt Schaub, Calvin Johnson and Randy Moss. Though they would've lost Jamarcus Russell, Michael Huff, Zach Miller and Mike Mitchell. It was an air-tight plan, no joke.

Matt Schaub would command too much money to have as your 2nd string QB.

oubronco
10-22-2010, 06:41 AM
If Broncos got super good results in redzone I agree. This is a bad matchup for Oakland because they are as banged up as Broncos, but we have a QB playing well. In NFL having better play from the QB is huge.

Raiders as bad throwing the ball as we are running it. And you all know what I said about our running game.

Raiders passing game is pathetic and a disgrace. I long for the days when Raiders Broncos meant playing for more then who is worst.

We should load up to stop the run, cover the hell out of Miller, and make Boller beat us throwing to the wr not the TE and the RB's.

On offense I think we just fire away. Huff can be beat by just running straight down the field. If we can get Raiders busy with Thomas and Lloyd maybe we can get Gaffney on Huff and send him right down the seam. Huff sneaks up a lot. Bring Tebow in on 3rd and short, get the Raiders safetys cheating, then burn them deep. And know I am not joking.

Also anytime Orton see's 1-1 with any Raider safety he should look to burn them deep.

I watched them last week. Niners left tons of long long pass plays on the field because Smith can't moce in pocket and look downfield.

I actually agree with this

Ray Finkle
10-22-2010, 06:51 AM

alright, who hacked Cut's account and actually wrote something postitive.

Cut, are you feeling okay :D

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Matt Schaub would command too much money to have as your 2nd string QB.

Perhaps I didn't fully explain my plan ... Matt Schaub has the 3rd best career completion percentage in league history, and he can throw deep. He's the starter.

FIRST: I get Schaub from the Falcons for two 2nd round picks (or even the #1 that became Darren McFadden). Houston gave up two 2nd's to get Schaub, but the Raiders #2's were several slots higher. Problem is that to manage that, somebody in that godforsaken building would have to have their ear to the ground, spend some time on the phones instead of throwing bags of money at Tommy Kelly, Javon Walker and Deangelo Hall.
SECOND: With a starting QB set, they could skip Jamarcus and draft Calvin Johnson.
THIRD: The tricky part would've been mellowing stupid Randy Moss for one more year.

But of course the down-side with all this is they would miss out on Jamarcus Russell, Darren McFadden, Zach Miller and Mike Mitchell (I said Huff before, I meant McFadden).

I could've made it happen.

The MVPlaya
10-22-2010, 07:05 AM
Perhaps I didn't fully explain my plan ... Matt Schaub has the 3rd best career completion percentage in league history, and he can throw deep. He's the starter.

FIRST: I get Schaub from the Falcons for two 2nd round picks (or even the #1 that became Darren McFadden). Houston gave up two 2nd's to get Schaub, but the Raiders #2's were several slots higher. Problem is that to manage that, somebody in that godforsaken building would have to have their ear to the ground, spend some time on the phones instead of throwing bags of money at Tommy Kelly, Javon Walker and Deangelo Hall.
SECOND: With a starting QB set, they could skip Jamarcus and draft Calvin Johnson.
THIRD: The tricky part would've been mellowing stupid Randy Moss for one more year.

But of course the down-side with all this is they would miss out on Jamarcus Russell, Darren McFadden, Zach Miller and Mike Mitchell (I said Huff before, I meant McFadden).

This is assuming that Schaub isn't greatly benefitting from Kubiak's offense.

bowtown
10-22-2010, 07:11 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood. I just assumed you'd be starting this guy:

http://campussqueeze.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/chris-simms8.jpg

;)

Dagmar
10-22-2010, 07:20 AM

Chris Simms

goddammit bowtown!!!

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 07:26 AM
In my bedroom above my headboard ... :twokisses

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6231/colbertsimms.jpg

Josh understands ...

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3170/mcdsimms.jpg

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 08:17 AM
Some weird pics in that old folder ... classic BroncoBuff nonsense illustrations:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7118/mcdaniels.jpg . . http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3914/20090324mcdanielsp1.jpg

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/2016/48489099.png . . http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2314/mcdgold.jpg

Not bad really ... this was assuming Clady was not available @ 12, which seemed likely.
I didn't want Chris Williams, so I traded down. Interesting I picked two guys we drafted:

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8255/chuckh.jpg

Loved this guy ...

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/5642/popps.png

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
alright, who hacked Cut's account and actually wrote something postitive.

Cut, are you feeling okay :D

Dude serious I just call it like I see it every time. This has nothing to do with trying to be positive. My opinion is not positive or negative, it's just how I see game.

I said before year because of some specific problems Broncos would struggle. I never said they wouldn't be able to beat a Kyle Boller led Oakland team.

Also pointing out that it's lame to not get enough players on the field isn't really negative is it? It's just BS for players or coaches, whoever is to blame, to be that lost during a game.

The season going just like I said it would in my posts from before the start of it. That makes me stupid though on this form. That makes people call me some pretty harsh stuff which is fine I don't care. Unless someone is willing to back up what they say by doing it in person it makes them a punk. Every man knows that to be true.

I even said I think Broncos have a good chance to be good next yr. But when I saw the whole interior oline outside of Kuper was going to be suspect, or rookies, Clady hurt, Doom hurt I knew it was going to be bad. You just can't lose your best players when you only have 2-3 really good ones.

I do think the rookie WR looks great, DJ has played well, Champ has showed he can still play and Orton has been amazing. Not to mention Lloyd making a huge comeback from the never been pile.

Even with some good things though Broncos will still be 7-9 maybe 8-8 who knows but it could be worst still.

There is a couple people on the Mane who know me that laugh about all this when I see them. I'm not negative at all overall on life........just the Broncos being crappy is starting to piss me off. I'm sick of excuses. The team has been bad for a long time now. I think everyone else just as frustrated, but they decide to take it out on the fans who are taking it out on the team.

If Broncos play a crappy game this week and get beat I expect all the homers to really meltdown on me. Probably get called even worst then I have so far.

It's all good though if someone on the mane needs help I always try and step up. I have done it before where lot's of people on here are just a name on the internet. There not even real people to me.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 11:56 AM
In many ways just the fact we saw Orton can play. Not only play but probably good enough to start for 5 more yrs. That means we can build around him now and get something going. Not sure what Tebow will do but I don't think we can worry about that. Orton just too good. Broncos need to get some bigger inside linebackers, some better Dends, a big young DT, and then maybe they would have something.

The running game is so bad hard to say. I guess just a center playing at a high level could fix the problems at guard. Even Kuper seems out of sync but since he played well in past I want to think he may just have weak players next to him.

Ray Finkle
10-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Dude serious I just call it like I see it every time. This has nothing to do with trying to be positive. My opinion is not positive or negative, it's just how I see game.

I said before year because of some specific problems Broncos would struggle. I never said they wouldn't be able to beat a Kyle Boller led Oakland team.

Also pointing out that it's lame to not get enough players on the field isn't really negative is it? It's just BS for players or coaches, whoever is to blame, to be that lost during a game.

The season going just like I said it would in my posts from before the start of it. That makes me stupid though on this form. That makes people call me some pretty harsh stuff which is fine I don't care. Unless someone is willing to back up what they say by doing it in person it makes them a punk. Every man knows that to be true.

I even said I think Broncos have a good chance to be good next yr. But when I saw the whole interior oline outside of Kuper was going to be suspect, or rookies, Clady hurt, Doom hurt I knew it was going to be bad. You just can't lose your best players when you only have 2-3 really good ones.

I do think the rookie WR looks great, DJ has played well, Champ has showed he can still play and Orton has been amazing. Not to mention Lloyd making a huge comeback from the never been pile.

Even with some good things though Broncos will still be 7-9 maybe 8-8 who knows but it could be worst still.

There is a couple people on the Mane who know me that laugh about all this when I see them. I'm not negative at all overall on life........just the Broncos being crappy is starting to piss me off. I'm sick of excuses. The team has been bad for a long time now. I think everyone else just as frustrated, but they decide to take it out on the fans who are taking it out on the team.

If Broncos play a crappy game this week and get beat I expect all the homers to really meltdown on me. Probably get called even worst then I have so far.

It's all good though if someone on the mane needs help I always try and step up. I have done it before where lot's of people on here are just a name on the internet. There not even real people to me.

Here is my point, has the team sucked? Yes but it would have sucked with Shanahan were the inmates were running the asylum. I believe the team is on the up turn and it takes time. Am I going to blow sunshine up everyones rear? Hell no. I am amazed that so many cannot see the forest through the trees.

baja
10-22-2010, 12:38 PM

The fact that the Broncos "Have been bad for a long time" is not on Josh McDaniels. Our won/loss record is pretty good considering the depth of the rebuild.

I don't think there are a lot of true "Homers" on this board. I think what you call "Homers" are fans that see some really good things happening with the Broncos because of Josh McDaniels and realize it's going to take some time. We will be a team no one wants to play in the last quarter of the season.

TD30
10-22-2010, 01:34 PM

:thumbsup:

kupesdad
10-22-2010, 03:24 PM
In many ways just the fact we saw Orton can play. Not only play but probably good enough to start for 5 more yrs. That means we can build around him now and get something going. Not sure what Tebow will do but I don't think we can worry about that. Orton just too good. Broncos need to get some bigger inside linebackers, some better Dends, a big young DT, and then maybe they would have something.

The running game is so bad hard to say. I guess just a center playing at a high level could fix the problems at guard. Even Kuper seems out of sync but since he played well in past I want to think he may just have weak players next to him.

Obviously I have seen Chris play his whole life and until the Jets game, I have never seen him seem so off balance for a lack of a better term. Being injured for the whole pre-season as well as playing with new teammates probably accounts for it so I feel that we need to stop putting a different line up game to game and go with what they feel is our best look. Let the team get into a rhythm and see what shakes out. I have other opinions based on what I know but unfortunately I can't share those.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
The oline has been a major disappointment, no doubt. I think alot of the blame falls on the coaching staff. I'm not sure about Walton, perhaps too much is expected of him. Seriously though, there's no excuse for not being able to run block. Pass blocking is different in the NFL, but run blocking is not nearly as hard...

underrated29
10-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Obviously I have seen Chris play his whole life and until the Jets game, I have never seen him seem so off balance for a lack of a better term. Being injured for the whole pre-season as well as playing with new teammates probably accounts for it so I feel that we need to stop putting a different line up game to game and go with what they feel is our best look. Let the team get into a rhythm and see what shakes out. I have other opinions based on what I know but unfortunately I can't share those.

I know you cant tell us but...

Other opinions on what? The QB? The OL? Kuper? TT? Block scheme?

Just curious as to which part. You dont have to say anything else, but that last part could be applied to a bunch of different things.

baja
10-22-2010, 03:39 PM

Just curious as to which part. You dont have to say anything else, but that last part could be applied to a bunch of different things.

I know how that is. Kinda like all the stuff Shanny told me over the years in Cabo. ;D

baja
10-22-2010, 03:40 PM
I let one thing out (I said we were drafting Foster) damn if he didn't hear about it.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2010, 03:49 PM

IMHO kupsdad is probably referring to the same frustration we all have about the oline. Quit rotating guys in and out, that kill's chemistry and continuity. Having rooks learning is bad enough, esp. at center. Kuper is probably frustrated as hell out there sometimes...

OABB
10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
The scheme sucks or the coaching... We all know these guys cam play. Walton can't be that bad can he?

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2010, 04:01 PM
The scheme sucks or the coaching... We all know these guys cam play. Walton can't be that bad can he?

It's really hard to say. I'm blaming the coaching more than the players. The center is the heart and soul of the oline, he makes all the audibles at the LOS, so if he doesn't know what he's doing, it can really screw up everyone's blocking assigments. That's a coaching issue. The Broncos have to simplify the scheme to allow for Walton's development. Obviously, they think he's smart enough to play the game, but if they are overloading him he's gonna make mistakes. This is probably what is throwing off Kuper, I'm guessing that if Kuper does not feel comfortable with the audibles or adjustments at the LOS, it throws him off his game.

This is all completely guess work on my part.

The MVPlaya
10-22-2010, 04:03 PM
It's really hard to say. I'm blaming the coaching more than the players. The center is the heart and soul of the oline, he makes all the audibles at the LOS, so if he doesn't know what he's doing, it can really screw up everyone's blocking assigments. That's a coaching issue. The Broncos have to simplify the scheme to allow for Walton's development. Obviously, they think he's smart enough to play the game, but if they are overloading him he's gonna make mistakes. This is probably what is throwing off Kuper, I'm guessing that if Kuper does not feel comfortable with the audibles or adjustments at the LOS, it throws him off his game.

This is all completely guess work on my part.

Orton also makes audibles at the LOS for the oline... not even sure how much Walton makes as of right now to be honest.

kupesdad
10-22-2010, 04:11 PM

Really if I even hinted it might be intepreted that Chris was complaining about something when in fact it is just an observation that I have realized in the short time that he has been with this team. He wouldn't complain about anything because he just isn't that kind of person. He loves Orton, the scheme is what it is which is very technical and he thinks the rooks are doing as well as can be expected considering what is being asked of them. He did say that the offense KNEW they were going to beat the Jets even after the PI and that the muffed snap is just part of the game. Sorry that's all I can say

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Orton also makes audibles at the LOS for the oline... not even sure how much Walton makes as of right now to be honest.

I don't know how it works in the NFL but I don't think Orton's audibles are necessarily for the oline. He may call out an audible that tells the oline a thinks there is a blitz package coming, it's still up to the oline to adjust to who picks up who on the blitz and that generally comes from the oline audibling to each other. But I could be 100% wrong on this...

kupesdad
10-22-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't know how it works in the NFL but I don't think Orton's audibles are necessarily for the oline. He may call out an audible that tells the oline a thinks there is a blitz package coming, it's still up to the oline to adjust to who picks up who on the blitz and that generally comes from the oline audibling to each other. But I could be 100% wrong on this...

No..you are right..the QB calls the play and the line makes the line calls based on the defensive look. Typicall it's the center but I'm thinking that Chris or Hochstein is probably making them until Walton gets some time.

I think that Orton goes up to the line with a number of options. And based on the look of the "D" audibles the actual play at the line but truthfully I talk to Chris more about my granddaughter than football anymore. It's like that Lynyrd Skynyrd song "don't ask no stupid questions and I wont tell you goodbye"

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
No..you are right..the QB calls the play and the line makes the line calls based on the defensive look. Typicall it's the center but I'm thinking that Chris or Hochstein is probably making them until Walton gets some time.

I think that Orton goes up to the line with a number of options. And based on the look of the "D" audibles the actual play at the line but truthfully I talk to Chris more about my granddaughter than football anymore. It's like that Lynyrd Skynyrd song "don't ask no stupid questions and I wont tell you goodbye"

No worries, it's all good! I'm sure Chris has much better things to talk about than football when he's talking to you! :thumbsup:

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 11:42 AM

The obvious answer is that the with the RT playing poorly, and the Center playing so poorly, and Chris having to come off an injury that it has been tough for him.

Walton seems to just get blasted every running play. I think coaches are making Kuper help him more and asking RT to get over to Kupers guy. It's just not working.

bowtown
10-23-2010, 01:26 PM
I think it would really help if dicky quinn would pull his head out of his ass and remember how to block. Wonder if barone is also behind his lack of development.

Merlin
10-23-2010, 08:14 PM
I hate these types of games. Too many times in the past 3-4 seasons Denver has had a "must win" games against very mediocre teams and laid major eggs. The more confident I feel about the win, the worse it seems to pan out. This game makes me very uncomfortable, hopefully that means we win.

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 11:13 PM
I hate these types of games. Too many times in the past 3-4 seasons Denver has had a "must win" games against very mediocre teams and laid major eggs. The more confident I feel about the win, the worse it seems to pan out. This game makes me very uncomfortable, hopefully that means we win.

Every Bronco game has felt like that for a long time.

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2010, 12:19 AM
I think we will win this game.

Denver 27

Oakland 19

If we don't, Denver will be 2-5 and I can guarantee you Josh will start getting some more heat from the media and the fans despite the spate of injuries we have had this year.

If we win, we still have a shot to salvage the year, as we have a lot of division games left to play.

I guess what I am saying is that this is the make or break game for the year.

If we want to be in contention for the division at all, we need to win this game.

SouthStndJunkie
10-24-2010, 12:20 AM
I'd rather face Jason Campbell or Kyle Boller than Bruce Gradkowski, who the team seems to really respond to.