PDA

View Full Version : Mike Zimmer blasts ex-HC Bobby Petrino

Goobzilla
10-20-2010, 02:47 PM
This is a great article, I think I like Zimmer even more now. Talks about when Petrino bailed on the Falcons. "Gutless MF" is my favorite quote.

http://ncaafootball.fanhouse.com/2010/10/20/mike-zimmer-bobby-petrino-gutless-and-cowardly/

Mike Zimmer: Bobby Petrino 'Gutless' and 'Cowardly'0
Comments
Say Something

10/20/2010 4:55 PM ET By Matt Snyder

AText SizePrint this page|EmailShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on DiggShare on Lifestream

Matt Snyder
College Sports Editor
Bobby Petrino was the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons in 2007. Mike Zimmer was the defensive coordinator. That season, the Falcons went 4-12, but the bad record was the least of what happened in the eyes of many -- Zimmer included. Petrino left the team after 13 of the 16 regular season games to take the head coaching job at the University of Arkansas.

When asked by the Cincinnati Enquirer about returning to the scene -- the Bengals visit Atlanta this weekend and Zimmer is the Bengals' current defensive coordinator -- Zimmer had more than a few choice words for his former boss. And he did not hold back one iota.

"I was never even there," he told the newspaper. "As far as I am concerned, I never even was there. When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people's families and doesn't have enough guts to at least finish out the year. I am not a part of that."

A little tame so far. There's more.

"He is a coward. Put that in quotes," Zimmer urged the Enquirer reporter. "He ruined a bunch of people's lives, a bunch of people's families, kids, because he didn't have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That's the truth."

He wasn't finished yet. Still more:

"Most people in football have enough courage about them and enough fight to stick through something and not quit halfway through the year. It is cowardly," the coach went on about Petrino.

"He came in and said he resigned, he would talk to us all at a later date, walked out of the office and no one has ever talked to him since. Not that anybody wanted to.

"He's a gutless b-d. Quote that. I don't give a s-."

At this point, reportedly Zimmer was told the paper couldn't print the "b-word," so he went even further.

"How about this, gutless MF. You can use that."

Suffice it to say, Mr. Zimmer is not a fan of Bobby Petrino.

bronco militia
10-20-2010, 02:53 PM
"He's a gutless b-d. Quote that. I don't give a s-."

At this point, reportedly Zimmer was told the paper couldn't print the "b-word," so he went even further.

"How about this, gutless MF. You can use that."

:thumbsup:

DivineBronco
10-20-2010, 02:55 PM
I attended Carroll College in Helena MT where bobby's dad was head coach for 26years and I rememberd being so excited that a fellow alum was going to the NFL...and then he turned in Nick Saban part 2....very depressing

TheReverend
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
b--d

?

Goobzilla
10-20-2010, 03:38 PM
b--d

?

Bird?

crush17
10-20-2010, 03:40 PM
This man is A+ in my book.

Borks147
10-20-2010, 03:42 PM
b--d

?

b-----d = bastard

TheReverend
10-20-2010, 03:46 PM
b-----d = bastard

They can't print THAT?

Eldorado
10-20-2010, 03:50 PM
They can't print THAT?

Your kids have seen ghost busters, haven't they?

Ray Finkle
10-20-2010, 04:50 PM
wow, in related news...

-The ending of the "Sixth Sense" is that Bruce Willis is dead
-The Redsox won the 04 WS
-Bob still can't get laid
-Bo knows sports....

Goobzilla
10-20-2010, 04:54 PM
wow, in related news...

-The ending of the "Sixth Sense" is that Bruce Willis is dead
-The Redsox won the 04 WS
-Bob still can't get laid
-Bo knows sports....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo4llmR7cqg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo4llmR7cqg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Ray Finkle
10-20-2010, 05:58 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo4llmR7cqg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lo4llmR7cqg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

that wasn't directed at you....just the article that was written because they couldn't find anything else to write...

Goobzilla
10-20-2010, 06:12 PM
No problem Ray I didn't take it personally. I admire Zimmer's candor, too many coaches do the Shanny McDaniels thing and don't really say what they want to say. He laid it out there, no doubt.

Dutch
10-20-2010, 07:49 PM
I live here in Atlanta, and I honestly hope that piece of crap never wins anything of substance at any level ever again. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Falcons fan (although it is getting easier to pull for them now). That said, the way Patrino did that franchise was gutless. In the aftermath of the Mike Vick fiasco, and during a tough season, he quit. He quit on his coaches, his players, and the franchise that gave him an opportunity to practice his profession at the highest level. He didn't have the stones, period. Kudos to Mike Zimmer for voicing what everyone here in Atlanta thinks about that worthless, self serving, MFing POS. Well put, Mike.

broncocalijohn
10-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Did or is he scheduled he go to Georgia or Georgia State since his quitting? I remember some of the players speaking out against him too. I have no idea if he is still with Arkansas.

BroncoDoug
10-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Hey at least McD has never quit on the team

colonelbeef
10-20-2010, 10:38 PM
b--d

?

Billiard

Kaylore
10-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Your kids have seen ghost busters, haven't they?

:spit:

enjolras
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
Did or is he scheduled he go to Georgia or Georgia State since his quitting? I remember some of the players speaking out against him too. I have no idea if he is still with Arkansas.

He is.. and he's at least turned the program around a bit. Arkansas is competitive this year...

iforgotmypassword
10-20-2010, 11:19 PM
oooo our montana boy..... good follow up to Ryan Lead eh? MT generally speaking has plenty of backbone but boy oh boy we sure haven't showed it in te NFL

Arkie
10-21-2010, 11:15 AM

His first return to the state was last month when Arkansas beat Georgia. The fans expressed their opinion.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/photo_images/1184047/46489_Arkansas_Georgia_Football.jpg