PDA

View Full Version : Royal held out of practice

MABroncoFan
10-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I saw on rotoworld.com that Royal was held out of practice today.

crush17
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Denver Broncos McDaniels: Dawkins, Ayers, Goodman, McBath, Woodyard, Bailey, Royal, Vickerson, Lloyd won't practice. Doesn't mean they won't play Sun.

Goobzilla
10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Eddie's nursing a groin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Goobzilla/thats-what-she-said.gif

MABroncoFan
10-20-2010, 01:23 PM
What's wrong w/ Lloyd?

Only Ayers I'd guess is definitely out. The rest, who knows.

Malcontent
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Either way, that's a lot of good players not practicing!

Baba Booey
10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
What was wrong with McBath again? I forget.

I hope he can go if Dawkins can't. It would be nice to get him some real solid playing time.

crush17
10-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Honestly they still have not commented on the severity of McBath's injury and that's worrisome. I think he might have a high ankle sprain but that's about all I've heard...

Dawkins (knee) we know will be out until after the bye, and Ayers is out for minimum 6 weeks.

Woodyard = hamstring still

Goodman = thigh

Bailey took that shot to the ribs and is probably just recovering

Vickerson = Groin (no updates on severity)

Royal = Groin (no updates on severity)

Lloyd is probably just a veteran getting some needed rest because I hadn't heard about any injuries w/him...

MagicHef
10-20-2010, 02:23 PM

I hope he can go if Dawkins can't. It would be nice to get him some real solid playing time.

His limbs haven't quite completely fallen off his body yet.

supermanhr9
10-20-2010, 02:28 PM
man,,,, it's not even half way through the season. Talk about needing a Bye week.

Houshyamama
10-20-2010, 02:31 PM
How long is Ayers supposed to be out? Is there word?

_Oro_
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM

He's constantly breaking bones (his) in football games.

Los Broncos
10-20-2010, 02:41 PM
How long is Ayers supposed to be out? Is there word?

3 months.

Houshyamama
10-20-2010, 02:43 PM
3 months.

You're ****ting me. Don't **** with me. Seriously?

Hulamau
10-20-2010, 02:47 PM

6 weeks earliest 3 months outside witj broken foot -- three months is more like it and definitely not going to be the same this season if and when he comes back.. Major loss ... We have too many Mjor losses ... somehow must find a way to win next two and get half hte guys back over the bye ... And not lose anymore!

Hulamau
10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
He's constantly breaking bones (his) in football games.

high ankle sprain on McBath don't expect him back until after bye...

Houshyamama
10-20-2010, 02:52 PM
6 weeks earliest 3 months outside witj broken foot -- three months is more like it and definitely not going to be the same this season if and when he comes back.. Major loss ... We have too many Mjor losses ... somehow must find a way to win next two and get half hte guys back over the bye ... And not lose anymore!

This is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. Clady, Dumervil, Harris, Moreno, Buckhalter, Goodman, Dawkins, Kuper, Thomas, Decker, Ayers, Moss, McBath...

We need to scrap the injury report and start reporting on which players are actually healthy for the week.

Los Broncos
10-20-2010, 03:13 PM

I wouldn't **** you, your my favorite turd :)

Kaylore
10-20-2010, 03:29 PM
The Denver Broncos starters:
http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LRG/37/3728/U6RAF00Z.jpg

Los Broncos
10-20-2010, 03:39 PM

Looks about right.

Popps
10-20-2010, 04:28 PM

Wait, there's a guy standing up.

Must be someone from the practice squad.

broncocalijohn
10-20-2010, 11:20 PM
man,,,, it's not even half way through the season. Talk about needing a Bye week.

playing the raiders is the closest thing to it until the real one is here.

ZONA
10-21-2010, 12:52 AM
playing the raiders is the closest thing to it until the real one is here.

Let's hope so.

Houshyamama
10-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I wouldn't **** you, your my favorite turd :)

Ah gee wiz! Hilarious!

ColoradoDarin
10-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Why not IR Ayers? He needs that foot fully healed and not rushed back, unless we think he's ready to go by the Superbowl and we'll need him there....

The Joker
10-21-2010, 06:41 AM
Why not IR Ayers? He needs that foot fully healed and not rushed back, unless we think he's ready to go by the Superbowl and we'll need him there....

I thought it was reported that they felt it might be closer to six weeks than three months he'd be out?

If so we could be looking at having him back for the last 6 weeks of the season if so. There's still every chance we'll still have plenty to play for in those weeks, and regardless Ayers is a guy who is really going to benefit from every bit of PT he can get so even if we're 4-7 when he comes back you want him out on the field getting used to his position.

v2micca
10-21-2010, 06:56 AM
Eddie's nursing a groin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/Goobzilla/thats-what-she-said.gif

That just sounds so wrong.

long beach bronco
10-21-2010, 07:23 AM
I know injuries are a part of the game but ever since we won the back to back bowls, that's been the major story with the Denver Broncos: Major Injuries. Every year it's the same old story with this team, some years worse than others. It's as if we have been cursed or something, we are hardly ever at full strength in order to compete. This is just another one of those years that is worse than others. I feel like crying. :(

MABroncoFan
10-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Eddie Royal-WR-Broncos Oct. 21 - 1:02 pm et

Eddie Royal (groin) is being held out of practice again on Thursday.

It's not looking good for Royal's chances of playing this week against the Raiders. Jabar Gaffney will get a slight bump in value, and rookie Demaryius Thomas' snaps will increase at the No. 3 receiver.
Source: Lindsay Jones on Twitter

Drek
10-21-2010, 11:21 AM
Could be a real big week for Thomas. He's likely going to get first team reps all week and he'll likely play a big role in the game plan since he's a much better match-up on Oakland's nickel corners than Lloyd and Gaffney on their #1 and #2 corners.

PRBronco
10-21-2010, 11:22 AM
Could be a real big week for Thomas.

Mayhap an Eric Decker sighting too!

Inkana7
10-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah, Decker is the backup slot WR.

Hulamau
10-21-2010, 11:38 AM
Mayhap an Eric Decker sighting too!

Yep can see Decker in the slot a lot this game, throw Chokeland off a bit with little game film on him at WR. Big strong tough kid with great route running and money hands could bring real match up problem for them in the slot.

Imagine Gaffney might take some of the slot load as well.Depends on whats up with Lloyd. Seriously hope thogh that both Royal AND Lloyd are not out for the game! We've got to get over this injury bug to so many key guys.

crush17
10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Lloyd is practicing today. His absence yesterday was non-injury related.

Baba Booey
10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
So who plays slot receiver on Sunday if Eddie is indeed out?

I know Decker is listed as the backup slot guy, but would one of Gaffney or Lloyd bump inside and Bey Bey get first team reps at one or two?

MABroncoFan
10-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Any report on who's not practicing today?

Quoydogs
10-21-2010, 11:55 AM

I know Decker is listed as the backup slot guy, but would one of Gaffney or Lloyd bump inside and Bey Bey get first team reps at one or two?

I don't think Lloyd would because they have been using him to stretch the field.

Oakland only has one good corner, I would like to see Lloyd and Bey bey stretching the field at the same time on Sunday.

Oakland has a horrible run D, this might be the spark needed to get our run game going.

crush17
10-21-2010, 11:56 AM
All I've heard is that both Vickerson & Lloyd will be practicing today for sure.

That leaves:

Ayers
Goodman
Woodyard
McBath
Dawkins
Bailey
Royal

...no updates on any of them yet.

~Crash~
10-21-2010, 12:06 PM

I would not pay action to the list .they have O\LG Stanley as the starter ?

_Oro_
10-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Lloyd is practicing today. His absence yesterday was non-injury related.

Contemplating retirement?

Drek
10-21-2010, 02:52 PM

Should be a combination of Decker and Thomas I would think. Thomas isn't technically the slot backup, but he's clearly the #4 WR and he's got such raw athletic talent. You can plug him in anywhere.

baja
10-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Should be a combination of Decker and Thomas I would think. Thomas isn't technically the slot backup, but he's clearly the #4 WR and he's got such raw athletic talent. You can plug him in anywhere.

I don't want to see Thomas in the slot.

His body type (long & lean) is prone to injury at that position. Being hit by two tacklers which happens a lot in the slot is not a hit a long guy does well with, his long body leverage works against him. For the same reason I hope he never has return duty again.

Los Broncos
10-21-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't want to see Thomas in the slot.

His body type (long & lean) is prone to injury at that position. Being hit by two tacklers which happens a lot in the slot is not a hit a long guy does well with, his long body leverage works against him. For the same reason I hope he never has return duty again.

And no more returns, I guess McDaniels figured that out already.

Br0nc0Buster
10-21-2010, 05:20 PM
I wish McBath would stay healthy, I would like to see what he can do

baja
10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
I wish McBath would stay healthy, I would like to see what he can do

One must at least be suspicious that McBath has weak bones.

gyldenlove
10-21-2010, 05:35 PM
One must at least be suspicious that McBath has weak bones.

Or female genitalia.

The MVPlaya
10-22-2010, 04:18 AM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5572/screenshot20101022at317.png

MABroncoFan
10-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Royal returned to practice today according to rotoworld, though it was just a light workout.

Kaylore
10-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Royal returned to practice today according to rotoworld, though it was just a light workout.

Game time decision, then.

Chris
10-22-2010, 02:13 PM
Had to pick up Chansi Stuckey for my fantasy team.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 03:56 PM
Sux Calvin Johnson on a bye, royal hurt, and know Britt arrested lol. I have 3 players maybe not playing. So I have to start Miller vs Denver. Man I hate doing that. Either way I lose. Oh well. Maybe he can get some points and Denver still kills them.

baja
10-22-2010, 04:35 PM
FF is ruining fandom

Drek
10-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Sux Calvin Johnson on a bye, royal hurt, and know Britt arrested lol. I have 3 players maybe not playing. So I have to start Miller vs Denver. Man I hate doing that. Either way I lose. Oh well. Maybe he can get some points and Denver still kills them.

Denario Alexander available in your league? He's going to blow up big for the Rams. He's a big, fast WR who is now stepping into a starting job, he'll be Bradford's go to guy in the red zone starting this week.

A lot of leagues list Patriot's RB Danny Woodhead as a WR (NFL.com's do and I believe ESPN.com's do as well). He's a fantastic option there since he's a safe bet for 5-10 carries and 5-10 targets in the passing game. His floor is better than almost any WR thanks to his rushing and he offers breakout potential thanks to his speed and elusiveness. Its almost a disgrace that he's still listed as a WR by most sites.

Popps
10-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Denario Alexander available in your league?

I was pounding the table for us to nab him late in the draft. His knee is still an issue, but wow... if he gets healthy, the Rams have a potential 1st round type talent, there. 6'5", great hands.

baja
10-22-2010, 06:40 PM
I was pounding the table for us to nab him late in the draft. His knee is still an issue, but wow... if he gets healthy, the Rams have a potential 1st round type talent, there. 6'5", great hands.

what rd was he drafted?

Popps
10-22-2010, 06:49 PM
what rd was he drafted?

Don't quote me, but I think he went undrafted and was signed as a street FA.

SouthStndJunkie
10-22-2010, 06:49 PM
what rd was he drafted?

Danario Alexander went undrafted.

A knee surgery in February/concerns about his knees dropped his stock.

gyldenlove
10-22-2010, 06:59 PM

It was interesting how guys like Alexander and Cox both fell so far, but I guess that shows just how stacked the 2010 draft was. In the 2009 draft I bet both would have been significantly higher.

baja
10-22-2010, 07:24 PM
It was interesting how guys like Alexander and Cox both fell so far, but<b> I guess that shows just how stacked the 2010 draft was. In the 2009 draft I bet both would have been significantly higher.

Which is exactly why I was so pissed we traded our top pick for Smith.

Drek
10-23-2010, 07:27 AM

Dropped his stock isn't really the word for it.

Alexander has had four surgeries on his left knee. He couldn't pass a physical at the time of the combine and there was no guarantee that he'd ever be able to pass one. The first three were ligament issues and the fourth a cartilage problem. Signing him was the flyer of all flyers.

Which is why the home town team (the Rams, he played at Mizzou) are the ones who rolled the dice on him.

They also supposedly gave him a well above normal contract extension for a UDFA PS call up, locking him up for several years.

Dagmar
10-23-2010, 08:13 AM
FF is ruining fandom

I don't think it's ruining it, it's changing it. It gives someone like my wife who only cared about the Broncos interest when I am watching SNF or MNF etc. When Broncos fans who have Mark Sanchez have a little smile when he throws a TD pass against us, now that **** pisses me off.

Drek
10-23-2010, 08:57 AM
I don't think it's ruining it, it's changing it. It gives someone like my wife who only cared about the Broncos interest when I am watching SNF or MNF etc. When Broncos fans who have Mark Sanchez have a little smile when he throws a TD pass against us, now that **** pisses me off.

Yep.

On my FF team the only AFC West players I have are Broncos. I do not acquire divisional rivals and I do not start guys against the Broncos if at all possible. I'd rather lose every game in my league than ever cheer on someone opposing the Broncos.

Of course, FF is easy as hell if you know what you're doing. Its just a bunch of people throwing out their opinions on how a player with project within a statistical grading system, which makes it highly exploitable. As I pointed out before, a guy like Danny Woodhead being listed at WR is a major flaw that can easily be exploited. If he continues his 5-10 carries, 5-10 targets track of the last three games he'll be a top 25 WR in non-PPR and possibly a top 10 or 15 guy in PPR.

baja
10-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Yep.

On my FF team the only AFC West players I have are Broncos. I do not acquire divisional rivals and I do not start guys against the Broncos if at all possible. I'd rather lose every game in my league than ever cheer on someone opposing the Broncos.

Of course, FF is easy as hell if you know what you're doing. Its just a bunch of people throwing out their opinions on how a player with project within a statistical grading system, which makes it highly exploitable. As I pointed out before, a guy like Danny Woodhead being listed at WR is a major flaw that can easily be exploited. If he continues his 5-10 carries, 5-10 targets track of the last three games he'll be a top 25 WR in non-PPR and possibly a top 10 or 15 guy in PPR.

Fantasy Football by it's very nature is creating fans that are more player driven and less team driven. This is not even debatable.

Br0nc0Buster
10-23-2010, 09:53 AM
I have one Chiefs player(Charles) on my team this year, and have had drafted Rivers a lot the last several years

even though they are on my team, I root for them to fail and turn the ball over especially if they are playing us
If they happen to do well, then I get the benefits

but FF is so far behind real football for me that there is never a circumstance where any player scoring on the Broncos makes me anything but dissapointed

Drek
10-23-2010, 11:25 AM
Fantasy Football by it's very nature is creating fans that are more player driven and less team driven. This is not even debatable.

Sure, for casual fans. But no self respecting real fan of a team would ever let FF sway his loyalty to his team.

Its great at keeping the casual fan who has a half dozen different teams they bandwagon on interested week in and week out. I enjoy the statistical aspects of it (and as a result I think fantasy baseball is better) myself, but yes, the "fans" of a team who pull for their team to fail so a FF player can go off is weak ****.

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
Denario Alexander available in your league? He's going to blow up big for the Rams. He's a big, fast WR who is now stepping into a starting job, he'll be Bradford's go to guy in the red zone starting this week.

A lot of leagues list Patriot's RB Danny Woodhead as a WR (NFL.com's do and I believe ESPN.com's do as well). He's a fantastic option there since he's a safe bet for 5-10 carries and 5-10 targets in the passing game. His floor is better than almost any WR thanks to his rushing and he offers breakout potential thanks to his speed and elusiveness. Its almost a disgrace that he's still listed as a WR by most sites.

Well to add him I have to cut either royal orBenjarvis green. I do have Chris Johnson, Jammal CHarles, Micheal Bush, Ryan Torrain so I probably could do it. I just don't like giving the league a RB who is getting touches.

I will wait until last minute. Cut Green, then maybe add Denario but I was also thinking maybe the other ram WR. Amendola?

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 12:32 PM
I have one Chiefs player(Charles) on my team this year, and have had drafted Rivers a lot the last several years

even though they are on my team, I root for them to fail and turn the ball over especially if they are playing us
If they happen to do well, then I get the benefits

but FF is so far behind real football for me that there is never a circumstance where any player scoring on the Broncos makes me anything but dissapointed

I agree for the most part but my Fantasy league is only 12 teams and the grand prize is 1500 bucks.

SouthStndJunkie
10-23-2010, 12:46 PM

Have you ever played fantasy football?

SouthStndJunkie
10-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I play in several leagues.

My Broncos come first and foremost on game day, but fantasy football adds another dimension of enjoyment to football for me.

I enjoy drafting my teams and then tinkering with them and building a team that can take me far in the playoffs.

It's something you can do with your buddies to compete in. In my big money league, it's a great way for me and lot of my old buds to keep in touch and talk some trash. Plus, I usually do well and make some extra dollars in my money leagues.

I'll draft players for Oakland, Kansas City, or San Diego....but if they are playing Denver, I would rather have my Broncos shut them down and try to win with my other players.

I have been playing since the paper and pencil, pre-Internet days....I think my first year was 1991. I am amazed at how the popularity of fantasy football has grown since then.

Cito Pelon
10-24-2010, 09:50 AM
FF is ruining fandom

I don't know how anybody has time for that crap. Or the inclination.

Rock Chalk
10-24-2010, 09:56 AM
I don't know how anybody has time for that crap. Or the inclination.

Let me explain it then.

1) FF allows people, usually in an office, to socialize with one another and do something fun.

2) Many times there is a small to medium amount of money involved that, if you win, is a nice payout. When your odds are merely 12:1 without any other factors, that's pretty good. You dont get that in Vegas. Add to the fact that many people that play FF are pretty shrewd on who is good and can make roster moves to improve their chances to the detriment of others.

3) It promotes the viewing of other teams and other games outside of your favorite team and allows you the fan, a better understanding of all the teams in the league.

Drek
10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Well to add him I have to cut either royal orBenjarvis green. I do have Chris Johnson, Jammal CHarles, Micheal Bush, Ryan Torrain so I probably could do it. I just don't like giving the league a RB who is getting touches.

I will wait until last minute. Cut Green, then maybe add Denario but I was also thinking maybe the other ram WR. Amendola?

That's tough. You might want to avoid making a move this week and take your lumps, but get active trying to consolidate some of that depth into elite starters. Something like bundling an ok WR and RB together to get an elite WR for example.

And I think the game so far has answered your question on Amendola. He's their Welker/Royal type. Inconsistent but when he goes off he can change a week for you.

Dagmar
10-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Let me explain it then.

1) FF allows people, usually in an office, to socialize with one another and do something fun.

2) Many times there is a small to medium amount of money involved that, if you win, is a nice payout. When your odds are merely 12:1 without any other factors, that's pretty good. You dont get that in Vegas. Add to the fact that many people that play FF are pretty shrewd on who is good and can make roster moves to improve their chances to the detriment of others.

3) It promotes the viewing of other teams and other games outside of your favorite team and allows you the fan, a better understanding of all the teams in the league.

My word I love it when you own small minded idiots. ^5