PDA

View Full Version : Harrison Says He Might Retire After Fine

sisterhellfyre
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM
"The Pittsburgh Steelers excused James Harrison from practice Wednesday as the Pro Bowl linebacker contemplated retirement, according to his agent."

http://tinyurl.com/27b9vvu

Fine. Buh-bye. See ya. Don't let the door hitcha... etc.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-20-2010, 01:10 PM
**** off, you cheap-shotting whore.

Man-Goblin
10-20-2010, 01:11 PM
Roid rage.

bronco militia
10-20-2010, 01:11 PM
what a pussy! there's no quiting in football!

Popps
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Great!

Put your money where your mouth is, James.

Retire.

Show us your true commitment to your words. Because, if you don't... now this looks like just a ploy for attention.

Do it, James. Make a statement.

jhns
10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
At least we know the fine was big enough to send a message.

outdoor_miner
10-20-2010, 01:18 PM
haha - this is really win/win. Either Harrison retires (bad for the Steelers), or he looks like a whining, drama queen. Should be fun.

bowtown
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Harrison reminds me of Punisher.

NFLBRONCO
10-20-2010, 01:20 PM
NFL will give Pitt Balt NYJ Tenn type teams a longer leash then the rest of the league wait and see.

Br0nc0Buster
10-20-2010, 01:21 PM
he wont retire, but when it happens again, and he will go after someone's head again, I hope they find him 150 grand

bowtown
he wont retire, but when it happens again, and he go after someone's head again, I hope they find him 150 grand

I'd rather they just suspend him.

Quoydogs
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :thumbsup:

Beantown Bronco
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
NFL will give Pitt Balt NYJ Tenn type teams a longer leash then the rest of the league wait and see.

Considering this didn't even get a flag and only resulted in a grand total of $5K in fines, I'd say you're right.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hFpnxVrT8Js?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hFpnxVrT8Js?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Malcontent
10-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Considering this didn't even get a flag and only resulted in a grand total of $5K in fines, I'd say you're right.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hFpnxVrT8Js?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hFpnxVrT8Js?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Holy shnikees!

Quoydogs
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM

How can that not draw a flag ?

crush17
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
All James Harrison does is complain. Go play in the UFL, you panty waste

OBF1
10-20-2010, 01:32 PM
Whiney girl is not going anywhere.... I hope he quits, but it will not happen

Zoobie
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I understand players are having trouble with the idea, and I am not one who is excited by the idea of the NFL becoming basketball on grass. Having said that, they are trying to eliminate "launching" and blowing people up with your helmet as a weapon. The funny thing is the NFL continues to increase padding, especially in the helmets. If you keep fortifying the helmets more, what makes you think they aren't going to become more of a weapon? Give these guys smaller helmets with a one-bar facemask and I guarantee you don't see this type of play.

_Oro_
10-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Harrison is a drama queen. That's all there is too it.

DomCasual
10-20-2010, 01:45 PM
He's the type of guy that would take a sign to a football game.

Hogan11
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
haha - this is really win/win. Either Harrison retires (bad for the Steelers), or he looks like a whining, drama queen. Should be fun.

This is true.

Still, I wonder what the league response would be to a bunch of marquee/semi-marquee defensive players up and quitting because of the new "hands tied behind your back" rules. It'd never really happen, of course, but one still can't help to wonder what kinda response say....a mass defection to the UFL over the new ruling would bring.

Beantown Bronco
10-20-2010, 01:50 PM
This is true.

Still, I wonder what the league response would be to a bunch of marquee/semi-marquee defensive players up and quitting

In theory we already know the answer. They're pre-emptively saying "eff you....we're locking you out before you can quit".

Hogan11
10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
In theory we already know the answer. They're pre-emptively saying "eff you....we're locking you out before you can quit".

True enough. I have almost zero hope for a 2011 season at this time.

UberBroncoMan
10-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Would love to see that pile of **** retire. No way he does it though. $$$

What his agent said was gold.

"We wouldn't joke about this. [...] This is a very serious issue. James is very concerned about how to play football. If James is going to be fined $75,000 for making a legal tackle, then how do you go play football? It's quite frustrating to James, to coach [Mike] Tomlin, to me, to everybody."

ROFL

Ray Finkle
10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
LB Diva....now coming to the NFL.

OBF1
10-20-2010, 02:05 PM
This is true.

Still, I wonder what the league response would be to a bunch of marquee/semi-marquee defensive players up and quitting because of the new "hands tied behind your back" rules. It'd never really happen, of course, but one still can't help to wonder what kinda response say....a mass defection to the UFL over the new ruling would bring.

Funny.... Champ Bailey never seems to have a problem leading with his helmet when he tackels.

Bottom line, if 1 player quits because of the new rule, I would be suprised. Just way too much money being handed out to guys that would be making next to nothing if it was not for professional football... Ask Tatum Bell about kiosk phone sales pay.

Mountain Bronco
10-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Dude is being a bitch. He leads with his helmet which is not legit and never has been. See what you hit and wrap up. He says this is how he has been taught for 20 years, well then you were tought wrong. See ya later.

Steve Prefontaine
10-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Harrison is a drama queen. That's all there is too it.
bingo

RaiderH8r
10-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Funny.... Champ Bailey never seems to have a problem leading with his helmet when he tackels.

Bottom line, if 1 player quits because of the new rule, I would be suprised. Just way too much money being handed out to guys that would be making next to nothing if it was not for professional football... Ask Tatum Bell about kiosk phone sales pay.

No ****. Giving up a multi million dollar contract because you think paying a $75K fine might be one of the dumbest moves in....oh, Harrison, right. Never mind. Wait here while I go throw common sense and logic out the window before dealing with what this dickbag is thinking.

Flex Gunmetal
10-20-2010, 02:40 PM
I don't blame him. Those hits weren't illegal until today (MM put his head down leaned into the hit, it was textbook bang bang break up the pass, Cribbs hit was tough because he couldn't see him until the hit), this league is becoming incredibly weak. He's doing this more or less as a protest.

You guys are all talking like you wouldn't love to have him on the broncos. Dude is a fantastic player.

Marky Mark agrees.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UGYwCPnJPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UGYwCPnJPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The only dirty hit this weekend was Merriweather on Heap. Real talk.

Boobs McGee
10-20-2010, 02:49 PM
Dawkins is gonna have to do some adjusting....I could EASILY see the league gettin after him for those awesome flying tackles. :(

Mountain Bronco
10-20-2010, 02:52 PM
The hit on MM he lead with his head, it wasn't legit IMO. The other was bang bang and was likely legit.

Flex Gunmetal
10-20-2010, 02:53 PM
The hit on MM he lead with his head, it wasn't legit IMO. The other was bang bang and was likely legit.

Dude he hit his shoulder to his helmet, MM folded before the hit. Defenders aren't responsible for the actions of the ballcarrier.

Smiling Assassin27
10-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Jack Lambert, Andy Russell and Jack Ham just booted Harrison from the pantheon to the Steeler Hall of Shame.

Play by the rules or suffer the consequence. Any 5 year old child can grasp the idea, so why can't Harrison?

Flex Gunmetal
10-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Jack Lambert, Andy Russell and Jack Ham just booted Harrison from the pantheon to the Steeler Hall of Shame.

Play by the rules or suffer the consequence. Any 5 year old child can grasp the idea, so why can't Harrison?

So he should aim for the legs and end their careers by destroying their knees?
Or just not hit at all?

Smiling Assassin27
10-20-2010, 03:00 PM
So he should aim for the legs and end their careers by destroying their knees?
Or just not hit at all?

He should keep his mouth shut and play the damn game. Going drama queen is not the steeler way, unless you wear a number in the 80's.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Why does it always have to be a choice between two extremes? Have we really lost complete perspective on this?

"He's not allowed to be dirty? What is this, flag football?" It's so shrill and ridiculous.

Harrison should shut the **** up and play ball -- LEGALLY. Meriweather, to his credit, owned up to his fine, apologized, and now he's getting ready to play this week. Harrison, like a little bitch, is threatening to retire from his huge salary because he drew a $75k fine.

What. A ****ing. Joke.

Garcia Bronco
10-20-2010, 03:15 PM
How can that not draw a flag ?

Because it's not illegal. Seriously.

HILife
10-20-2010, 03:18 PM

wow! There were two people involved in that tackle so it wasn't all Harrison.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't see the part where he grabbed his leg and lifted him into the air.

Kaylore
10-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Dude is being a b****. He leads with his helmet which is not legit and never has been.

Thank you. For all the whining about the league going soft, some of it justified, this isn't a new rule. Spearing isn't good for football at any level.

colonelbeef
10-20-2010, 03:28 PM
What a crybaby, unreal

loborugger
10-20-2010, 04:06 PM
This is the same chowder brain who refused to visit the WH when the Steelers won the Super Bowl, so its not too surprising. Dude has some issues.

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 04:17 PM
Meh he's right. NFL becoming the don't hit them league. Almost all Dennis Smith's great hits would be illegal now. Oh wait I don't anything about football I will let the homers rail on how mean and dirty one of the best linebackers in football is.

Broncos could use a Harrison.

THE719!
10-20-2010, 05:14 PM
you know retiring right now is not a bad idea... you got a super bowl ring, you have a city where you and your family can stay there and the city loves you and you have a lot of money.... in todayís world quit while your ahead harrison

Hogan11
10-20-2010, 05:17 PM
This is the same chowder brain who refused to visit the WH when the Steelers won the Super Bowl, so its not too surprising. Dude has some issues.

I hate it when athletes do this, to me it's stupid. Whether you agree with the politics or not, how often in your lifetime do you have a chance to actually meet the POTUS? Just like winning a Super Bowl, it's not everyone who can say that they've done that.

broncofan2438
10-20-2010, 05:49 PM
This dumb dick isnt going to retire. What a ****ing baby. I hate the Steelers. Throwing a temper tantrum? **** you Harrison

gunns
10-20-2010, 06:15 PM

You forgot NE. That one by Meriweather was the most blatant as far as knowing exactly what he was doing, launching, and the refs just turned a blind eye.

Harrison trying to make a statement, no one's listening, and like Sharpe said, too damn bad the league doesn't.

Dedhed
10-20-2010, 06:38 PM
Good, it will hasten his transition into his next career as a prison biatch.

loborugger
10-20-2010, 06:46 PM
I hate it when athletes do this, to me it's stupid. Whether you agree with the politics or not, how often in your lifetime do you have a chance to actually meet the POTUS? Just like winning a Super Bowl, it's not everyone who can say that they've done that.

Well, it wasnt even politics. He stood up both Bush and Obama. His reasoning wasnt even as good as politics - he said something about the Prez didnt want to meet the Steelers, he wanted to meet the SB champs. If the Prez wanted to meet the Steelers, then James was in. Whatever.

TotallyScrewed
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
You guys are all talking like you wouldn't love to have him on the broncos. Dude is a fantastic player.

Beat me to it. Nobody really cares what happens to the non-Broncos...seriously. We don't care so long as it isn't a Bronco and especially not Orton.

Our first reaction is Hell Yeah!! We love the big hits and the sounds of the big hits. We watch them over and over. Sure, mostly we love the hit and we don't want to see the player hurt badly...maybe sit out a couple of plays and miss the Broncos game but not hurt badly. But so long as it's not a Bronco...meh.

Truth is, we'd love another big hitter or two on this team, especially on the dline.

Dudeskey
10-20-2010, 06:52 PM
"The Pittsburgh Steelers excused James Harrison from practice Wednesday as the Pro Bowl linebacker contemplated retirement, according to his agent."

http://tinyurl.com/27b9vvu

Fine. Buh-bye. See ya. Don't let the door hitcha... etc.

LOL "retirement"? He's just showing ass, he ain't going anywhere.

TotallyScrewed
10-20-2010, 06:56 PM

Last time I checked...It's a free country. If you don't like somebody, you don't have to associate, shake their hand, or eat dinner with them.

The WH crap is just another way of shaking hands and kissing babies...I rather the political folks didn't have time for football.

TotallyScrewed
10-20-2010, 07:03 PM
I wonder how many of you would keep it all bottled up if the IRS handed you a $2,500 fine for that **** you know you're guilty of...or would you spout off...even just a little.

Naw...we're all adults (well, sort of...) and we can take that...Homeboy!

strafen
10-20-2010, 07:13 PM
At least we know the fine was big enough to send a message.

Isn't the guy due something like $20 mil?
I doubt he would leave that kind of bank on the table...
He won't retire. The NFL is probably still laughing at him...

bowtown
10-20-2010, 07:18 PM
I wonder how many of you would keep it all bottled up if the IRS handed you a $2,500 fine for that **** you know you're guilty of...or would you spout off...even just a little.

Naw...we're all adults (well, sort of...) and we can take that...Homeboy!

WTF are you talking about?

ZONA
10-20-2010, 07:49 PM
Great!

Put your money where your mouth is, James.

Retire.

Show us your true commitment to your words. Because, if you don't... now this looks like just a ploy for attention.

Do it, James. Make a statement.

He's all talk. He ain't gonna give up football. Just whining out loud is all.

ZONA
10-20-2010, 07:52 PM
Dude is being a b****. He leads with his helmet which is not legit and never has been. See what you hit and wrap up. He says this is how he has been taught for 20 years, well then you were tought wrong. See ya later.

I agree, don't most youth coaches teach "see what you hit"? I think so. I don't know of any that I've ever been around that teach "put your head down and see the ground"...............hahahaha

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't blame him. Those hits weren't illegal until today (MM put his head down leaned into the hit, it was textbook bang bang break up the pass, Cribbs hit was tough because he couldn't see him until the hit), this league is becoming incredibly weak. He's doing this more or less as a protest.

Marky Mark agrees.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UGYwCPnJPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9UGYwCPnJPI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The only dirty hit this weekend was Merriweather on Heap. Real talk.

Solid take, Flex.

STBumpkin
10-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Meh he's right. NFL becoming the don't hit them league. Almost all Dennis Smith's great hits would be illegal now. Oh wait I don't anything about football I will let the homers rail on how mean and dirty one of the best linebackers in football is.

Broncos could use a Harrison.

Al Wilson wasn't dirty.

boltaneer
10-20-2010, 09:21 PM
This is all going to be one big tease.

Hogan11
10-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Last time I checked...It's a free country. If you don't like somebody, you don't have to associate, shake their hand, or eat dinner with them.

The WH crap is just another way of shaking hands and kissing babies...I rather the political folks didn't have time for football.

Okay, granted....even still, don't you think that meeting a POTUS is kinda like a once in a lifetime oppertunity?

Oh well, Harrison has the IQ of an ice cube anyway, so I guess his reasoning behind dodging it is to be expected.

BroncoDoug
10-21-2010, 08:47 AM
he is back already...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5710059

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-21-2010, 08:51 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PmxExJ1vXtg/TBBDGvmcxkI/AAAAAAAAAJI/dFkN1txzSmw/s400/wellbye.jpg

Well, bye.

Popps
10-21-2010, 09:55 AM
he is back already...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5710059

Shocking.

But, his agent said he was SERIOUS about it! He said so!

WABronco
10-21-2010, 10:16 AM
http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/jobinterview.jpg

Terry Cobblington IV: Okay, all right. How are we doing today? Good, good, good. Sooooo I took a look at your resume. Seems pretty solid. Noticed here you didnít get your bachelorís degree. Thatís fine Ė not necessarily a deal-breaker. Youíve been in the workforce for a while now. Got some life experience in you.

So tell meÖ Mr. Harrison, what makes you want to be an executive coordinator to the deployment project manager?

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/harrisonhead.jpg

James Harrison: I wanna bust skulls.

Terry: Skulls, huh? Heh heh, I got you. Forward thinking paradigm shifting box outing game changing body rocking roof raising, am I right?

James Harrison: Ö

I wanna cave in your face.

Terry: Woaaaahhh-hoo-hoo, we got a real go-getter on our hands. What specific skill set do you have that you see best benefiting the company?

James Harrison: Okay, right Ė you got yourself a skull. Be it a regular skull or one still encased in flesh, Iímma break that ****. And I donít mean cracked. I donít mean one long fissure down the middle of it. That **** is plain busted. There are at least half dozen pieces laying around the floor. Gotta get a crack medical team together just to reassemble it. Thatís what I bring. Donít need nothing more than a helmet. ****, even if you donít got a helmet, Iím gonna find a way to make it happen.

Terry: I see. It says here on your resume that your last job wasÖĒPro Bowl Linebacker for the Pittsburgh Steelers.Ē

James Harrison: Yeah, I did that p***Y ****.

Terry: Well, I did some checking on that and it appears you abruptly retired in the middle of the season. Care to explain?

James Harrison: Yeah, see, what happened with that was the mother****er commissioner got his period at the same time a bunch of b****es in the media got they period. You know periods sync up and **** when b****es be hanging together? Anyway, they all got they simultaneous period and decided football wasnít gonna be about hitting b****-ass ****as in they face with my helmet no more. So I said **** that **** and peaced out.

Terry: Okay. I think I got you. Right there with ya. Letís be clear on this Ė when you say you want to cave in faces, do you mean literally that you want to make a personís facial plate concave in a manner that is virtually certain to cause paralysis or even more likely death?

James Harrison: Death would be preferable, but yes.

Terry: Mhhm. Mhhm. Think I get what youíre driving at here. And how would caved-in faces help you carry out your duties as executive coordinator to the deployment project manager?

James Harrison: You donít want ****ers just be walking around casual-like in your place of business with convex, working faces. Where I grew up, it was rough. Real grimey on them streets. And if there was one lesson that always came up it was that the people doing wrong always had they face intact.

Terry: Gotcha. Now, I donít know how familiar you are with the concept of criminal liabilityÖ

James Harrison: That got anything to do with busting skulls?

Terry: Kind of. You see, in the corporate world, a business can get in a lot of trouble with the law if one of its employees, shall we say, intentionally breaks the skull of another person, be that person employed by the company or not.

James Harrison: Uh-huh.

Terry: Now, do you see how you breaking skulls while in our employ might be problematic?

James Harrison: ĎCourse not. Ainít gonna be no problematic. Man gets a problematic, I go flying at his dome piece. Bust that **** up good. Why you making this more complex than it gotta be?

Terry: Tell me, James: Where do you see yourself in five years?

James Harrison: Iíll be at my house. Bunch of skull fragments hanging around the floor. Dogs like to gnaw on them when my kids arenít around. Man hits a certain limit in the face caving game. I ainít there yet, but I could see a time when Iíve had enough.

Terry: Very interesting. Well, we have your contact information and will let you know as soon as we make a decision.

[Later]

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/groceriessilverback-600x450.jpg

James Harrison: YEAH THATíS RIGHT Ė DONíT TRY BRINGING NO CONCORD GRAPES THROUGH MY ****ING AISLE. I JARRED THEM ****S RIGHT OUT YOUR CART. YOU CANíT HOLD ONTO YOUR PURCHASES THEN THEY WASNíT YOURS TO BEGIN WITH. GOTTA GET RIGHT WITH YOUR SHOPPING GAME. CíMON GET THE **** UP I DIDNíT HIT YOU AS HARD I COULD.

Store PA: James, please report back to Mr. Hendersonís office.

James Harrison: Aw ****.

Hahaha.

ksk

Rausch 2.0
10-21-2010, 10:20 AM

WTF there was illegal?

And when three Steelers converge and equally squash the QB how do you fault one man?...

Rausch 2.0
10-21-2010, 10:22 AM

This.

Don't like it, but this.

In 3 years there will be no difference between the arena league and the NFL...

Rausch 2.0
10-21-2010, 10:23 AM
This is all going to be one big tease.

Why, did he mention going to KC?....

cutthemdown
10-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Al Wilson wasn't dirty.

Who said anything about Wilson?

cutthemdown
10-21-2010, 12:40 PM
It's putting the big hitting safety's in a bad spot. Soon it will be better to just start 4 corners that can run because you won't be able to hit. Time to play the ball only and for that you want quickness and good hands. Hell players like Dennis Smith might not even be able to play in todays NFL. Did he even not lead with crown of helmet?

STBumpkin
10-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Who said anything about Wilson?

You said the Broncos could use a Harrison, who is dirty. What came to my mind, and I was not clear about in my post, was Al Wilson. He is the type of player we need, not a dirty player and a crappy person like Harrison.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-21-2010, 02:34 PM
It's putting the big hitting safety's in a bad spot. Soon it will be better to just start 4 corners that can run because you won't be able to hit. Time to play the ball only and for that you want quickness and good hands. Hell players like Dennis Smith might not even be able to play in todays NFL. Did he even not lead with crown of helmet?

This is such ****ing bull****.

You don't have to be dirty to be a big hitter. Harrison has repeatedly said he intends to hurt people. He's a dickbag who deserves some time off.

Popps
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
He's all talk. He ain't gonna give up football. Just whining out loud is all.

Of course. No one expected any different.

WABronco
10-21-2010, 05:53 PM

You don't have to be dirty to be a big hitter. Harrison has repeatedly said he intends to hurt people. He's a dickbag who deserves some time off.

News flash: James Harrison isn't the only player who thinks what he thinks or plays how he plays.

Jesus you guys are all way too butt hurt over this guy. Ray Lewis and his bunch have been far more outspoken about the new era rules than Harrison or anyone else, for that matter.

WABronco
10-21-2010, 05:57 PM
Solid take, Flex.

Agreed.

Frankly, there wouldn't be more than a few comments in here if Harrison didn't displace Orton's ribs earlier this year. People would be anointing someone on our D for waxing Brady or Phyllis.

cutthemdown
10-21-2010, 06:07 PM

He then said he considers hurt to mean have trouble playing good, or staying in that game. And injured to mean actually breaking something on them lol. Whatever he's an intimidating hard nosed football player. A little crazy like Romo. Every team needs one like him to have a super nasty defense.

Harrison probably just says what a lot of other football players smart enough not to.

One recording of the Broncos in a locker room cussing, saying what they are going to do to other team would probably make you all go be ballet fans. Bunch of pussies.

Broncos are soft, a player like Romo again is what we need. Some really physical crazy linebackers would be great.

Waaaa Harrison hits people to hard. Was whistle blown yet? Then stop crying its football.

DB-Freak
10-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Drama Queen.

BroncoBuff
10-22-2010, 03:36 AM
Drama Queen.

Definitely ... what a dumass. And btw hoss, your teammates clipped for you on your big TD.

__________________________________________________ __

Rick Upchurch was once engaged to Condoleezza Rice.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 07:06 AM
News flash: James Harrison isn't the only player who thinks what he thinks or plays how he plays.

Jesus you guys are all way too butt hurt over this guy. Ray Lewis and his bunch have been far more outspoken about the new era rules than Harrison or anyone else, for that matter.

Is that so? Because Harrison threatened to retire from the game because he couldn't play dirty anymore.

Give me a ****ing break.

News flash: I never said he was the only guy who plays like this. News flash: when all the most talented players are on IR, this game is going to be ****ty to watch. "Hooray! A team full of college free agents! It's like scab football all over again! Yay!"

You've got to protect the players. Period. They should start with those concussion-reducing helmets, but if Harrison has to sit out half the season because he's aiming for a guy's head or neck, I don't see the ****ing problem.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 07:08 AM
He then said he considers hurt to mean have trouble playing good, or staying in that game. And injured to mean actually breaking something on them lol. Whatever he's an intimidating hard nosed football player. A little crazy like Romo. Every team needs one like him to have a super nasty defense.

Harrison probably just says what a lot of other football players smart enough not to.

One recording of the Broncos in a locker room cussing, saying what they are going to do to other team would probably make you all go be ballet fans. Bunch of pussies.

Broncos are soft, a player like Romo again is what we need. Some really physical crazy linebackers would be great.

Waaaa Harrison hits people to hard. Was whistle blown yet? Then stop crying its football.

Your writing proves that you're just as uneducated as you come off in these little rants you post. Good job, Gomer.

The MVPlaya
10-22-2010, 07:15 AM

Sucks for you. Seems like you're really never going to let go.]

~Crash~
10-22-2010, 09:13 AM
This is true.

you say this but I could see a new league forming and the player making up the rules !

WABronco
10-22-2010, 09:51 AM
Is that so? Because Harrison threatened to retire from the game because he couldn't play dirty anymore.

Give me a ****ing break.

News flash: I never said he was the only guy who plays like this. News flash: when all the most talented players are on IR, this game is going to be ****ty to watch. "Hooray! A team full of college free agents! It's like scab football all over again! Yay!"

You've got to protect the players. Period. They should start with those concussion-reducing helmets, but if Harrison has to sit out half the season because he's aiming for a guy's head or neck, I don't see the ****ing problem.

Haha you're extremely upset over this. ****ING ****ING ****TY ****ING ****TY!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Haha you're extremely upset over this. ****ING ****ING ****TY ****ING ****TY!

Not really. I drop profanity like most people use prepositions.

Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

And thanks for sticking to the topic at hand. Glad to know you have no rebuttal.

WABronco
10-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Not really. I drop profanity like most people use prepositions.

Sorry if that offends your delicate sensibilities.

And thanks for sticking to the topic at hand. Glad to know you have no rebuttal.

No, being that this is the internet, the more likely reason for my response was to point out how angry James Harrison makes you. Seems that way, anyways.

What do I need to rebutt your post? Besides caring enough to?

Aside from that, I could point out the number of current and former players who think all this over-reactionary **** is just stupid. I could counter that big hits and concussions have been occuring for a long time in this league, not just last week (you're too busy being mad at James Harrison for waxing Orton to notice--that or you suckle from the teet of sensationalizing sports media). All the most talented players on IR? Lulz. Damn those dirty players like James Harrison for giving them brain injuries...because that's the only thing that puts players on IR these days. Oh and, protect the players...just the talented offensive players who end up on IR, right? And that responsibility falls completely on defensive players, whose job it is to stop forward progress, period? How 'bout the dumb **** quarterbacks don't hang their guys out to dry. What about when we end up having a whole slew of defenders end up with spinal injuries because they duck their heads into some RB's/TE's/WR's waist/knee in order to avoid losing their game checks for however many weeks the NFL (or, $$$$TOM BRADY$$$$PEYTON$$$$) dreams up? Don't ask me, just listen to what the people who have, you know, played the game are saying.

I'm going to wait and see how the NFL handles this craze before I really freak out, but with how their "Don't give crooked looks to the QB" rules have gone and how awesome their referees are at interpreting a blur of action that happens in a split second, I'm not too confident. I'm sure you'll be the first one to give thanks for all this bull**** as soon as we get tagged for 15 yards (or maybe it will be an automatic loss/forfeiture of the season in a few years, who knows) on a decisive play/drive, a la Jim Leonhard last week, because Dawkins hit someone too hard and made them fall awkwardly. Thank god we have all these rules to cancel out the James Harrisons of the league. Damn dirty apes!

Like someone said earlier, there was only one dirty hit last week (Meriweather).

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 12:27 PM
Your writing proves that you're just as uneducated as you come off in these little rants you post. Good job, Gomer.

Whatever just more attacks because some fans see Broncos for what they are......soft. On the internet it's a fact that being an English teacher, like you just did, is lame. Keep grading those posts ms moose you little schoolteacher.

Your insults mean nothing to me and also don't prove anything about football opinions. Just more nonsense from someone who hides behind a screen name.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 12:30 PM
No, being that this is the internet, the more likely reason for my response was to point out how angry James Harrison makes you. Seems that way, anyways.

What do I need to rebutt your post? Besides caring enough to?

Aside from that, I could point out the number of current and former players who think all this over-reactionary **** is just stupid. I could counter that big hits and concussions have been occuring for a long time in this league, not just last week (you're too busy being mad at James Harrison for waxing Orton to notice--that or you suckle from the teet of sensationalizing sports media). All the most talented players on IR? Lulz. Damn those dirty players like James Harrison for giving them brain injuries...because that's the only thing that puts players on IR these days. Oh and, protect the players...just the talented offensive players who end up on IR, right? And that responsibility falls completely on defensive players, whose job it is to stop forward progress, period? How 'bout the dumb **** quarterbacks don't hang their guys out to dry. What about when we end up having a whole slew of defenders end up with spinal injuries because they duck their heads into some RB's/TE's/WR's waist/knee in order to avoid losing their game checks for however many weeks the NFL (or, $$$$TOM BRADY$$$$PEYTON$$$$) dreams up? Don't ask me, just listen to what the people who have, you know, played the game are saying.

I'm going to wait and see how the NFL handles this craze before I really freak out, but with how their "Don't give crooked looks to the QB" rules have gone and how awesome their referees are at interpreting a blur of action that happens in a split second, I'm not too confident. I'm sure you'll be the first one to give thanks for all this bull**** as soon as we get tagged for 15 yards (or maybe it will be an automatic loss/forfeiture of the season in a few years, who knows) on a decisive play/drive, a la Jim Leonhard last week, because Dawkins hit someone too hard and made them fall awkwardly. Thank god we have all these rules to cancel out the James Harrisons of the league. Damn dirty apes!

Exactly!! They can't even show that these rules changes have made players safer. Have injuries went down because of the rule changes? Doesn't seem so to me if anything they get hurt more and more. Why? because they keep getting bigger and faster.

The fans around here have become a joke. It's all about attacking anyone who thinks Broncos have some big problems right now on the roster.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 12:32 PM
What's funnier is these fans around here decide they are actually being righteous about it. It's like they think its the fans job to just be a homer.

Flex Gunmetal
10-22-2010, 12:40 PM

This. Harrison also said there's a difference between hurt and injure. He wants ballcarriers to be afraid to run at him.
Those hits weren't illegal till last week, and he's a scapegoat for the pussification of the NFL, which you Broncos fans seem to be clamoring for. Pretty embarrassing.
Haynesworth is a dirty player, Harrison is a nasty player.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I once watched Dennis Smith hit a charger WR so hard with his crown of helmet he smashed his facemask. his first name was Nate I think and played for Chargers. It was mile high and he was running a fly pattern totally defenseless down the field.

Dennis Smith launched himself like a missile straight into his facemask.

The opposing player was knocked out, nose bleeding, face bleeding, facemask so crushed in they had to cut it off.

Meanwhile Dennis Smith was pumping his fists to the crowd practically standing over the guy.

He could have cared less if he was getting up.

Dennis Smith was a headhunter and we all loved it.

When Romo would get under players skin, play nasty, and win games we didn't complain much. Oh after he left you all said crap about him but not while we were winning superbowls.

Bronco fans....Cmon.

Popps
10-22-2010, 01:05 PM
What's funnier is these fans around here decide they are actually being righteous about it. It's like they think its the fans job to just be a homer.

Oh, hey happy guy. Still on here preaching your misery and seeking attention, huh?

What's wrong, no "killer gigs" to play today?

Here's a thought... you're so miserable and sad about the Broncos and your self-professed life is so "killer," how about just disappearing for a while and letting real fans talk about the fundamentals of the team?

I mean, clearly... you're above it all, and so VERY happy. That's obvious.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Dennis shows up to some of the USC stuff sometimes. Got to go a couple times because a friend of mine works for the college athletic dept. I didn't try and talk to anyone really the 2 times I went because i didn't want to act like a kid in a candy shop, but did get to meet Marcus Allen 3 yrs ago which was a thrill. IMO he's one of the best players ever from the AFC west and USC.

I know Dennis still sort of famous around USC. Considered one of the hardest hitters they have ever had. I'd love to ask him if he thinks he could have not hit the way he did, and still be considered on of the Broncos greatest safety's of all time.

IMO in many ways he was better then Atwater. Atwater was on team after it got better though. Dennis was often out there with corners who weren't all that good.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Oh, hey happy guy. Still on here preaching your misery and seeking attention, huh?

What's wrong, no "killer gigs" to play today?

Here's a thought... you're so miserable and sad about the Broncos and your self-professed life is so "killer," how about just disappearing for a while and letting real fans talk about the fundamentals of the team?

I mean, clearly... you're above it all, and so VERY happy. That's obvious.

how many bands play at noon on a friday lol.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 01:12 PM
See that's what this is all about. The homers want anyone not like them to leave the site. They will attack, call names, etc etc until any fan who is not a homer is gone.

Popps
10-22-2010, 01:13 PM

Flex, did you happen to watch any of the top 100 players on NFL network?

They had Jack Lambert and Merle Olsen last night. Not sure how old you are, but if you got to see either of these guys play, you'd know that they make Harrison look like a joke.

They showed 40-50 Jack Lambert tackles and none of them involved launching himself, helmet-crown first into the face of a receiver after the ball had passed. Why? Because Lambert was a true tackler.

Were there illegal hits before 2010? Of course. Was it as commonplace as it is now? No way. Tackling was much more fundamentally sound when guys like Lambert was destroying opposing offenses.

Tackling sucks these days in the NFL, overall... and that's got to be partly a byproduct of guys trying to take someone's head off so they make ESPN's "jacked up," or whatever the ****.

Once again, anyone who's watched the game long enough knows the difference between "pussification" and playing the sport correctly.

I mean, look at Meriweather's hit on Heap. The chicken-**** flew in with his helmet, attempting to injure Heap.

Now, if Heap was running in the open field right at Meriweather... what do you think would happen?

It's cherry-picking bull****. You don't tackle with your head. I mean, has anyone here played football?

http://www.posters.ws/images/359365/jack_lambert_photofile.jpg

Popps
10-22-2010, 01:14 PM
how many bands play at noon on a friday lol.

Nah, dude... like... you should be sound-checking, or hanging with groupies or doing something else "killer."

We get that you hate the team. How many different ways do you need to say it before you feel better about yourself?

Popps
10-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Dennis Smith...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKhq0K1t_EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKhq0K1t_EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Shoulder meets numbers. Massive, legal hit.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 01:25 PM
There you go again saying I must be doing this to feel better about myself. Just calling it like I see it. Broncos soft in the front 7 still, weak on the interior oline, the safetys outside of dawk still a mess and the Rbs are avg. Doesn't make me feel anyway about my life though. Just how I see the Broncos. Throw in injured OLB and 2 OT that were the teams better players last yr and this is what you get.

Also I never once said my band was anything special. I said life enjoyable because I get to play. I could care less about groupies. The people who come to my gigs are mostly friend and family. Bunch of old dudes playing for wives and girlfriends having a good time.

Go ahead keep attacking popps I think it's funny.

What's even funnier is I'm going to record tonight so eventually you will be right. I do something to do with music every day and it keep me sane. Obviously for you it's pretending the Broncos might win so you can identify with them.

I get it. The fact you instantly try to attack shows me your life is probably what you are trying to say mine is. Just try and find something that really makes you happy then maybe you won't have to rely so much on what is said on a message forum about a football team.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Dennis Smith...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKhq0K1t_EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKhq0K1t_EQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Shoulder meets numbers. Massive, legal hit.

Actually classic smith leading with helmet. Just that time he hit dude in the chest. Many times that crown would have been right to the head.

Flex Gunmetal
10-22-2010, 01:26 PM
Flex, did you happen to watch any of the top 100 players on NFL network?

They had Jack Lambert and Merle Olsen last night. Not sure how old you are, but if you got to see either of these guys play, you'd know that they make Harrison look like a joke.

They showed 40-50 Jack Lambert tackles and none of them involved launching himself, helmet-crown first into the face of a receiver after the ball had passed. Why? Because Lambert was a true tackler.

Were there illegal hits before 2010? Of course. Was it as commonplace as it is now? No way. Tackling was much more fundamentally sound when guys like Lambert was destroying opposing offenses.

Tackling sucks these days in the NFL, overall... and that's got to be partly a byproduct of guys trying to take someone's head off so they make ESPN's "jacked up," or whatever the ****.

Once again, anyone who's watched the game long enough knows the difference between "pussification" and playing the sport correctly.

I mean, look at Meriweather's hit on Heap. The chicken-**** flew in with his helmet, attempting to injure Heap.

Now, if Heap was running in the open field right at Meriweather... what do you think would happen?

It's cherry-picking bull****. You don't tackle with your head. I mean, has anyone here played football?

http://www.posters.ws/images/359365/jack_lambert_photofile.jpg
I did, sadly I was too young to see them play (turned 26 on Wednesday). Did you see lott/nighttrane? It goes both ways.
As I mentioned earlier, MM folded into the hit, and it was shoulder to helmet.
I can fully acknowledge Merriweathers hit was bull**** and he should be the only one who received a fine this weekend.
John Lynch had plenty of helmet hits, people act like they are easy to avoid, when you leave your feet, your head is naturally going to lead you. It's hard to predict exactly where your target is going to end up in relation to your helmet, especially when approaching from an angle (see the cribbs hit).

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Lynch was also a head hunter. He was just not stupid enough to talk like Harrison does. Hell remember what Lynch did to Dallas Clark? It got flagged and I remember fans in here bitching about that hit. Saying it's football man!!! LOL what a bunch of BS.

Flex Gunmetal
10-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Lynch was also a head hunter. He was just not stupid enough to talk like Harrison does. Hell remember what Lynch did to Dallas Clark? It got flagged and I remember fans in here b****ing about that hit. Saying it's football man!!! LOL what a bunch of BS.

And the Chris Henry hit. Ooof.

Popps
10-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Lynch was also a head hunter.

:rofl:

Do you know what a head hunter is?

Chuck Cecil was a head hunter.

John Lynch is a borderline Hall of Fame safety talent. He made NINE Pro Bowls.

"Head Hunter." Wow, dude... just quit while you're way behind.

WABronco
10-22-2010, 01:58 PM
The Jesse Chatman hit.

Popps
10-22-2010, 01:59 PM
And the Chris Henry hit. Ooof.

Chris Henry?

Here it is...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAn1Y5QU6-U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAn1Y5QU6-U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lynch's feet never left the ground. The ball was in Henry's hands and Lynch lead with his shoulder.

Huge hit, great hit... totally legal.

100% different than what the NFL is talking about.

Flex Gunmetal
10-22-2010, 02:00 PM

He was also fined seemingly every year for helmet to helmet and hitting defenseless receivers.
"They told me he was defenseless," Lynch said. "Isn't that always the case?"

Flex Gunmetal
10-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Chris Henry?

Here it is...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAn1Y5QU6-U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hAn1Y5QU6-U?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Lynch's feet never left the ground. The ball was in Henry's hands and Lynch lead with his shoulder.

Not disputing that. Just saying that was a monster hit.

WABronco
10-22-2010, 02:01 PM

By the rules, doesn't matter if it was intentional or not...Lynch frequently blew up guys in the head/neck area. No one here would say he's dirty, either.

Popps
10-22-2010, 02:02 PM
He was also fined seemingly every year for helmet to helmet and hitting defenseless receivers.

Oh, I'm not saying Lynch never made a bad or illegal hit. All great hitters are going to cross the line from time to time.

But, "Killer" Cutthemdown just referred to Lynch as the NFL version of a hockey goon.

But, it's not as if anyone is taking him seriously. Just another insult to the Broncos organization, which is his thing.

WABronco
10-22-2010, 02:02 PM

Depends on your intepretation.

Popps
10-22-2010, 02:18 PM
By the rules, doesn't matter if it was intentional or not...Lynch frequently blew up guys in the head/neck area. No one here would say he's dirty, either.

Well, the rules are in place... and guys can respect them or not.

My point is, comparing Lynch to a chicken-**** headhunter like Meriweather or Chuck Cecil shows a real void of football knowledge.

Beyond that, there IS a difference in a lot of these hits. Once again, I watched a 50-tackle highlight reel from one of the most feared players in football (Lambert) that didn't feature a single crown-launching, side of helmet blow to a receiver after the ball had gone by.

WABronco
10-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Well, the rules are in place... and guys can respect them or not.

My point is, comparing Lynch to a chicken-**** headhunter like Meriweather or Chuck Cecil shows a real void of football knowledge.

Beyond that, there IS a difference in a lot of these hits. Once again, I watched a 50-tackle highlight reel from one of the most feared players in football (Lambert) that didn't feature a single crown-launching, side of helmet blow to a receiver after the ball had gone by.

No that is true...

And that's the problem I have with this whole craze is that if real change is a result, then we're going to be relying on human officials more and more and more. To be honest, that Lynch hit on Henry...how often do you think the back judge would throw a flag on that? I certainly don't trust their interpretation to be accurate, not even most of the time.

And I was just watching a vid reel of Lynch's hits...my word.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 02:47 PM
This. Harrison also said there's a difference between hurt and injure. He wants ballcarriers to be afraid to run at him.
Those hits weren't illegal till last week, and he's a scapegoat for the pussification of the NFL, which you Broncos fans seem to be clamoring for. Pretty embarrassing.

Bull****. Those rules have ALWAYS been on the books, but now they'll start fining and suspending players for them. NOTHING IS CHANGING WITH THE RULES.

But please, continue your overreaction. "THESE GUYS AREN'T ALLOWED TO PLAY DIRTY! HARRISON'S GOING TO RETIRE BECAUSE HE CAN'T CHEAP SHOT GUYS! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

/rolleyes

Nobody understands you, cutthemdown. We speak English here. Perhaps you should work on yours.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 02:48 PM

So what's changed, exactly?

Oh right. Nothing.

Just something for the talking heads to yammer on about in order to get the natives all restless in week 7.

WABronco
10-22-2010, 02:55 PM
So what's changed, exactly?

Oh right. Nothing.

Just something for the talking heads to yammer on about in order to get the natives all restless in week 7.

The problem is this whole "crackdown" mentality that is coming from the league. So now with the extra "big hit" awareness, it's just going to lead to more BS interpretations. That's about the extent of things.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 03:04 PM
The problem is this whole "crackdown" mentality that is coming from the league. So now with the extra "big hit" awareness, it's just going to lead to more BS interpretations. That's about the extent of things.

You may be right. However, you said yourself that you'll wait to see what happens before you flip out about it. That's exactly what I'm doing.

Until there's proof otherwise, this seems like they're just going to be enforcing the rules that have always been on the books. And it's just not that big of a deal.

What I do not understand is the league not making the anti-concussion helmets mandatory. Seems like that would be a smart thing to do in light of recent events, but I've yet to hear anything like that even being discussed.

A safer game is better for everyone.

Flex Gunmetal
10-22-2010, 03:08 PM
Bull****. Those rules have ALWAYS been on the books, but now they'll start fining and suspending players for them. NOTHING IS CHANGING WITH THE RULES.

But please, continue your overreaction. "THESE GUYS AREN'T ALLOWED TO PLAY DIRTY! HARRISON'S GOING TO RETIRE BECAUSE HE CAN'T CHEAP SHOT GUYS! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

/rolleyes

Nobody understands you, cutthemdown. We speak English here. Perhaps you should work on yours.

Screaming stupidity doesn't validate it. Please calm down and GTFO.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/2-63.gif

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 03:11 PM
There goes Ms Moose correcting English papers again. Let me guess you had no problem when Dan Neil rolled up on Jammal Williams and took him out for the year?

Broncos for yrs had a dirty oline and all you people would say is its the system, its within rules, its not dirty. Well League changed the cut blocking rules because of it.

Dan Neil, Tom Nalen, Schlereth, would all go for players knees. Neil was absolutely the dirtiest player on the oline i have seen. He didn't play long but hurt a ton of defenders in his short time.

Lynch wasn't dirty either it's just football. It's a brutal, dirty, mean game. Lynch many many times left his feet, led with helmet, went forearm to the helmet, went helmet to helmet.

The way Lynched dipped his upper body and came in with head, forearms crossed and ready to finish off the blow, was a lot like Dennis Smith.

Now Atwater because he was so much taller the WR mostly just mauled them with his whole body. He didn't really turn himself into a missile that often.

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 03:12 PM
You may be right. However, you said yourself that you'll wait to see what happens before you flip out about it. That's exactly what I'm doing.

Until there's proof otherwise, this seems like they're just going to be enforcing the rules that have always been on the books. And it's just not that big of a deal.

What I do not understand is the league not making the anti-concussion helmets mandatory. Seems like that would be a smart thing to do in light of recent events, but I've yet to hear anything like that even being discussed.

A safer game is better for everyone.

Have they proven those are actually safer? Like with actual results of players using them? Anything spelled wrong Ms Moose?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 03:39 PM
Screaming stupidity doesn't validate it. Please calm down and GTFO.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/2-63.gif

Yet you're still here. Odd.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Have they proven those are actually safer? Like with actual results of players using them? Anything spelled wrong Ms Moose?

Wow, three whole sentences with proper grammar and spelling. I'm shocked.

Maybe if you did something more creative with your life than singing other people's songs, you wouldn't come off sounding like such a moron. Just a thought.

As for the helmets, tests are ongoing, but the logic and science behind them seems sound. Do you know what logic and science are, Junior?

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 03:49 PM
Wow, three whole sentences with proper grammar and spelling. I'm shocked.

Maybe if you did something more creative with your life than singing other people's songs, you wouldn't come off sounding like such a moron. Just a thought.

As for the helmets, tests are ongoing, but the logic and science behind them seems sound. Do you know what logic and science are, Junior?

So what can you do well besides spell and correct grammar? Let's see some of your original work in science or logic?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Spelling and correcting grammar lend themselves to any number of things I can do, none of which are the point of this thread.

But if you must know, I work for an oil and gas company, in the land department, writing and negotiating contracts for multi-million dollar projects.

Not that you give a **** about anything more than making stupid-ass arguments online and singing Britney Spears songs, but here's some information about the Riddell Revolution helmet and what it does to reduce concussions.

Riddell extensively researched MTBIs (mild traumatic brain injuries) and created a helmet intentionally designed to reduce risk. The Revolution’s safety features should be more than enough to make a player think about his options:
• Side and Facial Protection – A majority of head trauma is caused by blows to the side of the head, face or mandible areas. Riddell designed the Revolution Z-Pad to disperse the force of impact in these areas for MTBI protection.
• Increased Shell Offset – The distance from the helmet shell to the wearer’s head gives the Revolution room to manage the types of impacts that cause MTBI without compromising its response at higher impact levels.
• Tru-Curve Shell Shape – Not only does the Revolution’s shell extend into the mandible area, it has been computer designed around the head’s anatomical center of gravity.

Read More http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2007/09/anti-concussion/#ixzz138Cr71Up

Is that enough information for the fake rockstar of our forum?

cutthemdown
10-22-2010, 04:03 PM
Big deal I have worked for big banks, law firms, and owned my own business twice. Music is what I do for fun you loser. So funny the first thing you put is your career. You thought I was a pro musician? LOL it's just our hobby. We do get paid a ton of money to do privates and play clubs, but still it's not close to enough to live on.

Can you do anything good besides wear a suit. Anything artistic, music, anything?

Have fun destroying the environment trying to earn a buck.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Big deal I have worked for big banks, law firms, and owned my own business twice. Music is what I do for fun you loser. So funny the first thing you put is your career. You thought I was a pro musician? LOL it's just our hobby. We do get paid a ton of money to do privates and play clubs, but still it's not close to enough to live on.

Can you do anything good besides wear a suit. Anything artistic, music, anything?

Have fun destroying the environment trying to earn a buck.

Not knowing anything about people is fun! You can make all sorts of great accusations, none of which are actually true. Hooray for you, big guy!

I don't wear a suit. Sorry to disappoint you.

I've worked for two internet startups. Began my career as a journalist. Covered the 2000 and 2002 elections for NPR and PBS. Was the frontman of a band here in Denver that had local success. Say, where do you guys play? What's the name of your awesome hobby band, anyway? My band did pretty well, headlined and sold out places like the Gothic and Bluebird, and opened for Linkin Park at Fiddler's Green, and did it playing originals, not covers. But you're right. I'm just out to make a buck by destroying the environment. Good call.

Tell me more about me. It's fascinating.

Los Broncos
10-22-2010, 04:12 PM
I was just written up at work I think I'll retire from working.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-22-2010, 04:12 PM
You know what, cutthem? None of this is relevant. You're welcome to continue talking about yourself; I'll wait for something relevant to the discussion of fines, hits and safety.

The MVPlaya
10-22-2010, 04:32 PM

It's like, you think it's your job to hold on to **** that over 10 years old and continuously b**** and moan in deep depression of why it's still not over 10 years ago.

You're on some other level than jhns, go_broncos...they have an agenda and that's to troll.

You're just an old as mother ****er whose stuck in the past and will never realize it's the year 2010 and our HC is Josh McDaniels. I wonder how many times you called Shanahan's team soft? You continuously say our team is soft but our team has ALWAYS been soft outside of a few players in the last 10 years. Our FO hasn't emphasized physicality, EVER.

Read your posts, all you like to DO is talk about the past and nothing else. Instead, the rest of the world is embracing what it's the heat of this moment, and what's possibly ahead in the future.

This team will never EVER be like the old Broncos and no team in the future WILL. They have their place in history and Josh McDaniels along with this Denver Bronco team, and the future ones will be trying to create a place of their own.

I know you don't see that because it's quite obvious you're not very bright. You sound like a depressed p***Y who just can't get over his ex.

http://i55.tinypic.com/21erexf.jpg

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 01:00 PM
See all people can do is make disparaging comments. Moose trying to take high road now is pretty funny considering if you go back and look he is the one who took it to that level. Who made it personal? Not me. Now he makes it look like it was me who started it, when it wasn't. I was talking about the Broncos, other posters decided to make it about me, and what my life might be like. Or what type of person I am etc etc.

Whatever it's all good.

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 01:01 PM
You know what, cutthem? None of this is relevant. You're welcome to continue talking about yourself; I'll wait for something relevant to the discussion of fines, hits and safety.

What a joke you were the one who took it to a personal level not me. Who mentioned something about our personal lives first you or me?

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 01:04 PM

How about the fact it turns out those new helmets aren't better. Check the facts the work better only at super high impacts. At lower impacts they perform worst because the shell is softer.

So many experts are saying players will get more concussions wearing them, but they won't get as many really awful concussions.

That's why NFL not making them mandatory. Because for some players they won't work. They take too many medium impacts they need the stiffer shell for.

They can change the rules, change the equipment, but they will never reduce the % of injuries. Human body not designed to be bashed over and over for 5 to 10 yrs.

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM

There is moose's first post where he gets personal. Now he wants to say I only want to talk about the facts!! What a joke. He's the one who turned into an English teacher and called me a Gomer. No biggie I don't really care but i find it funny that people get to start things, then act like I started it.

Nope I was talking about the Broncos, he decided to talk about English grammar and me being a gomer.

He has no credibility. Also opening for the worst band to ever come out of Southern Calif not really a big deal. My band opens for Poncho Sanchez a lot and I will take him over fred durst any day.

BroncosSR
10-23-2010, 01:29 PM
Let's make sure everybody is on the same page... THE RULES ARE NOT CHANGING. The same hit that's been illegal for the last few years is still going to be illegal. It's the punishment that is changing. The small fines weren't enough for players to stop making illegal hits, hence the larger fines.

Harrison is just a drama queen. He's always been dirty. He tries to hurt people, not tackle them.

Br0nc0Buster
10-23-2010, 02:40 PM

There is moose's first post where he gets personal. Now he wants to say I only want to talk about the facts!! What a joke. He's the one who turned into an English teacher and called me a Gomer. No biggie I don't really care but i find it funny that people get to start things, then act like I started it.

Nope I was talking about the Broncos, he decided to talk about English grammar and me being a gomer.

He has no credibility. Also opening for the worst band to ever come out of Southern Calif not really a big deal. My band opens for Poncho Sanchez a lot and I will take him over fred durst any day.

Fred Durst wasnt in Linkin Park

Popps
10-23-2010, 02:59 PM
[B] My band opens for Poncho Sanchez a lot .

Woah, dude. KILLER!

Thanks for the update. Clearly, people around here care... and are clamoring for the latest updates on your personal life. You're a big hit around the forum.

Can we all sign up to follow your tweets?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-23-2010, 05:51 PM
@cutthemdown

Mi band iz openin for duh poncho sanchesez tonite! cum c us rock out w/cock out lol!

We r playn @ a tinee bar in suburbz. DM mee 4 infoo!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-23-2010, 05:53 PM
[B]Also opening for the worst band to ever come out of Southern Calif not really a big deal. My band opens for Poncho Sanchez a lot and I will take him over fred durst any day.

When was the last time you played in front of 14,000 people? Thought so.

Enjoy opening for Poncho Sanchez, whoever that is. LOL Hilarious!

rbackfactory80
10-23-2010, 06:00 PM
When was the last time you played in front of 14,000 people? Thought so.

Enjoy opening for Poncho Sanchez, whoever that is. LOL Hilarious!

Do you have any video you could post?

Los Broncos
10-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Woah, dude. KILLER!

Thanks for the update. Clearly, people around here care... and are clamoring for the latest updates on your personal life. You're a big hit around the forum.

Can we all sign up to follow your tweets?

In all fairness his band is pretty good, they opened for Dennis Jones.

That guy is pretty awesome on guitar.

cutthemdown
10-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Funny I don't know who Linken park is either really but thank god he didn't open for Fred Dursts group lol. I admit I know very little about rock music.

You not knowing who Poncho Sanchez shows you know nothing about jazz. He's super famous grammy winning artist. Also opened up for The Phantom Blues band which is Taj Mahals backing band.

Whatever like I said you made it personal first Moose. You still won't deny that because you know it's true.

Also Ramblin thanks for the support. Dennis Jones emailed me said he wants to open for us next time. Mainly just because he's super cool and wants to farm our fans. He's way better then anyone in our band. Dude friggin shreds.

I agree Moose lets just end this but don't go acting like I started it because you know that is BS.

Congrats on your band doing so well I actually think that is pretty cool.

My bands new webpage goes live in a couple days. Friend actually working on it as we speak. The one I made was lame and pathetic. If you really want to hear a clip just go check out the off topics forum on the mane and see the post a clip of my band.

As far as playing for 14 thousand, you got me there. Were more the loyal 100 fans, 50 of who come to the show. Then we do a lot of corporate stuff and we are on the vendor list for many event planners etc etc. For sure not the same type of thing you were doing. To judge I would have to hear your rock music. Stick a clip up I'm sure you still got some if you were big enough to play for 14 thousand.

TomServo
10-24-2010, 02:32 AM
Harrison tried to be scary "i try to hurt people that come into my territory" but, he plays football, and didnt go to war like pat tillman.
hey harrison you get paid millions to play a game that my 12 year old kids play for free.
man up pussy and stop leading with your helmet.

Florida_Bronco
10-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Funny I don't know who Linken park is either really but thank god he didn't open for Fred Dursts group lol. I admit I know very little about rock music.

How the **** can you not live in a box, much less claim to be a musician, and not know who Linkin Park is?

Mind-boggling.

Rock Chalk
10-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Jazz is the worst ****ing music on the planet. Americans should just give it to the frogs, they are the only douchebags that could like that ****.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-24-2010, 07:10 AM

You not knowing who Poncho Sanchez shows you know nothing about jazz. He's super famous grammy winning artist. Also opened up for The Phantom Blues band which is Taj Mahals backing band.

Whatever like I said you made it personal first Moose. You still won't deny that because you know it's true.

Also Ramblin thanks for the support. Dennis Jones emailed me said he wants to open for us next time. Mainly just because he's super cool and wants to farm our fans. He's way better then anyone in our band. Dude friggin shreds.

I agree Moose lets just end this but don't go acting like I started it because you know that is BS.

Congrats on your band doing so well I actually think that is pretty cool.

My bands new webpage goes live in a couple days. Friend actually working on it as we speak. The one I made was lame and pathetic. If you really want to hear a clip just go check out the off topics forum on the mane and see the post a clip of my band.

As far as playing for 14 thousand, you got me there. Were more the loyal 100 fans, 50 of who come to the show. Then we do a lot of corporate stuff and we are on the vendor list for many event planners etc etc. For sure not the same type of thing you were doing. To judge I would have to hear your rock music. Stick a clip up I'm sure you still got some if you were big enough to play for 14 thousand.

It's all good, brotha. I ain't mad atcha. And to be fair, we were the first opener so it was probably more like 8-10k, and though we were popular in the area, I'm not deluded enough to think that those folks were there just to see us. We had to get voted into the show, though, and getting the sort of support we got (10 thousand votes over 7 days) felt pretty good.

I'd love to check out your band's website once it goes live, and I'd definitely come check you guys out too. I may not know a lot about jazz, but I enjoy the crap out of it.

Now. Let's beat the **** out of the Raiders so I can enjoy my friggin' week.

Cheers.

Broncos_OTM
10-24-2010, 07:22 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xjdkc14-zwQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xjdkc14-zwQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That band right there is the ****

Rock Chalk
10-24-2010, 07:53 AM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xjdkc14-zwQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xjdkc14-zwQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That band right there is the ****

Dont normally go for that kind of music but that song was jamming.

Cito Pelon
10-24-2010, 09:13 AM
Let's make sure everybody is on the same page... THE RULES ARE NOT CHANGING. The same hit that's been illegal for the last few years is still going to be illegal. It's the punishment that is changing. The small fines weren't enough for players to stop making illegal hits, hence the larger fines.

Harrison is just a drama queen. He's always been dirty. He tries to hurt people, not tackle them.

Good point, it bears repeating . . . . . again.

The league is looking more closely at cheap and dirty shots, and upping the penalties. I've played a lot of football, and it's so easy sometimes to catch a guy stretched out and take him out of the game. It's also just as easy to let up and just knock him down, and that is what the league is looking to instill.

Some of these guys take that extra step and launch, and it's not necessary to make the play, what it's meant to do is injure the player, take him out of the game for a play or more.

I can see both sides of the argument, but the bottom line is some players have to be schooled to simply smother a defenseless player, not take a kill shot.

It's not difficult as a defensive player to simply smother a defenseless O player, anybody that has played defense knows that.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 10:13 AM
It's all good, brotha. I ain't mad atcha. And to be fair, we were the first opener so it was probably more like 8-10k, and though we were popular in the area, I'm not deluded enough to think that those folks were there just to see us. We had to get voted into the show, though, and getting the sort of support we got (10 thousand votes over 7 days) felt pretty good.

I'd love to check out your band's website once it goes live, and I'd definitely come check you guys out too. I may not know a lot about jazz, but I enjoy the crap out of it.

Now. Let's beat the **** out of the Raiders so I can enjoy my friggin' week.

Cheers.

It's more like Blues Brothers meets Otis Redding then jazz. I tried studying jazz but was never very good at it because it's too hard. Now LABF he can play some fusion jazz really well. I can sort of play it but probably not good enough to play live. I'm more a funk/blues/soul type player.

Again though I agree it's all good let's beat the ****ing Raiders.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 10:15 AM
How the **** can you not live in a box, much less claim to be a musician, and not know who Linkin Park is?

Mind-boggling.

Well I have heard the name but I'm not into rock music bro. You think sax players give a **** about rock music?

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 10:17 AM
Jazz is the worst ****ing music on the planet. Americans should just give it to the frogs, they are the only douchebags that could like that ****.

Jazz is one of the greatest American inventions ever. Anyone who labels the greatest genre ever lame, but says nothing about the rap combined with rock genre loses all musical credibility.

Jazz is so complex and obviously just over your head. Not surprising.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 10:19 AM
If I never listen to rap combined with rock it will be ok. I just listened to some Linken Park, they aren't very good and I like some hard rock. But the rap hard rock thing is really lame.

Cito Pelon
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
I like R&B, straight blues, British pop, flamenco, some older pop like Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Porter Wagner, Louis Armstrong. I have an eclectic taste. Anything but hiphop, hard rock. Just give me a real melody, a good voice, and I'm happy. Pure instrumentals like Booker T, Ramsey Lewis are fine with me also.

cutthemdown
10-24-2010, 10:49 AM
I like R&B, straight blues, British pop, flamenco, some older pop like Patsy Cline, Jim Reeves, Porter Wagner, Louis Armstrong. I have an eclectic taste. Anything but hiphop, hard rock. Just give me a real melody, a good voice, and I'm happy. Pure instrumentals like Booker T, Ramsey Lewis are fine with me also.

I think I can probably find some groups I like in every genre as well. Even hip hop. The Roots band has some fine musicians. Also Snoop from my hometown so everyone loves him here in Lbeach. Also I liked Sublime a lot. They were local and just a bunch of really cool guys. Met the singer just about a yr before he killed himself. Was a very sad day in my city because Sublime was Long Beach's first own sound that other parts of the country wanted to copy.

But mostly I did horn driven soul, funk, and blues. One of my fav movies is the Committments. About a cover band lol. But that is sort of the sound my band goes for. Minus the background singers. Would be cool to have some hot chicks singing backup though.

Ramsey Lewis is our keyboard players main influence along with some organ players like Jimmy Smith. Patsy Cline has one of my favorite voiced of all time. Not a huge country fan but I am a huge Waylon Jennings fan, and Patsy CLine fan.

I still say that Blues would be a lot more popular had SRV not died. He was really bringing it back but died so soon. Anyone who likes rock, should like Stevie IMO.