PDA

View Full Version : Signing Myron Rolle?

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2010, 08:50 PM
How many people here would be cool with us cutting Kyle McCarthy and signing Myron Rolle from the Titans practice squad?

Myron is younger, a Rhodes scholar, has superior athleticism, and we can stick it to the Titans!

The MVPlaya
10-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Myron is pursuing his other career at this point?

Dagmar
10-19-2010, 08:58 PM
This is random.

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Myron is pursuing his other career at this point?

Not to my knowledge. He's on the Titans practice squad. He stated in the past that he's committed to an NFL career now. He knows he can become a surgeon after it's over (assuming he doesn't deform his hands). There's many more years to live after the NFL.

tsiguy96
10-19-2010, 09:15 PM
intelligence does not equal great football player. see chris johnson.

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2010, 10:05 PM
intelligence does not equal great football player. see chris johnson.

What it does mean is someone who can come off the practice squad of a DIFFERENT team to our team and learn our system exceptionally fast. Besides, we could use a potential QB safety to take over for Hill (who isn't a young one) in the near future.

extralife
10-19-2010, 10:07 PM
he was projected as a first or second round player before Oxford, so there has to be something there, right?

plus McD likes the whole smart and clean thing. I dunno, why the hell not?

The Joker
10-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Taking a full year off from football can't have done him any favours whatsoever, that's a lot of development he's missed out on.

Clearly has a talent for the game though, so I wouldn't be at all upset to see us bring him in.

DivineBronco
10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
I have followed him since high school and love love love the idea of him............but sadly the reality of him does not seem to equal the player he should be...

uk bronco
10-20-2010, 05:24 AM
he was training with the oxford rugby team while he was over here. I think he would be a good signing and will develop quickly as he is clearly really smart but book smarts dont always work in the football world. I see no harm in picking him up

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-20-2010, 05:30 AM
I'd be for it. Could be a real player, and it wouldn't cost us much to make the move. I like it.

Ray Finkle
10-20-2010, 05:32 AM
let me see.....all the teams in the league that need safety help, and no one has picked up this guy...................hmmmmmm could it be that he isn't good?

supermanhr9
10-20-2010, 01:30 PM
I agree this is random. Unless we have some knowledge that this is even a possibility, I am gonna move on to a different thread now.

Smiling Assassin27
10-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Uh, who??

Dude is just self aware and self-motivated enough to leave football on a spur of the moment. We don't need that, IMO. What good is signing a kid who just might walk in and say he's leaving to Botswana to provide free open heart surgery for natives of the Ubangi tribe? Honorable and all, but basically he's taking a spot from a guy who will eat, sleep, and breathe football.

From a talent perspective, if he ain't #2 or higher on an NFL Depth chart, we don't need him.

PRBronco
10-20-2010, 02:10 PM
I agree this is random. Unless we have some knowledge that this is even a possibility, I am gonna move on to a different thread now.

Oh you didn't hear? On the internet, every player on another team's roster, or draft pick, is more desirable than any on your current roster.

WolfpackGuy
10-20-2010, 03:55 PM
Just the type of cerebral type of player the Broncos need to be the 9th man on opposing FG attempts.

ZONA
10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
I know we're banged up but I'm not sure we need to go snag somebody right now. I think what was needed was for our guys to play harder and more physical, and that's what they did last week. Now if we can just eliminate some of the stupid silly mistakes, such as botched FG's, if we play with that same intensity, I think we might surprise a few teams.

v2micca
10-21-2010, 06:05 AM
let me see.....all the teams in the league that need safety help, and no one has picked up this guy...................hmmmmmm could it be that he isn't good?

That is a possibility of course. But seeing how often GMs, even good ones, miss on players I'm inclined to take a wait and see approach with the kid to see what he's got.