PDA

View Full Version : McD Press Conference - Beadles to stay at RT, etc...

Popps
10-19-2010, 11:46 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Josh-McDaniels-Press-Conference/72a94cad-3692-4067-823c-7338772bdac1

-Happy with effort, must correct mistakes. Praised Jets.

-Happy with Parish/Syd

-Sounds excited about DT. Says he just needs more practice.

-Tebow gave team production and energy.

-Mentioned Decker on STs, and other young players contributing.

-Question: "Can Tebow practice be productive if not throwing?"
A: (Paraphrased) Yada yada yada yada "Of course he's going to throw the ball eventually you ****ing idiot."

-Use of Tebow is decided by game momentum, Orton's rhythm, etc.

(NOTE: Has to be the most ignorant questions I've ever heard asked by a group of reporters. They sound like children.)

-Focus is (and has been) to play best football late in the year.

-Overall - Not exactly "encouraged" by current situation but does see plenty of opportunity.

-Thought Beadles did well against a tough team. Not perfect, but held up well. (Note: Sounds like he was fairly happy with him but didn't want to heap praise, to me.)

-PI Call - It is what it is. It's helped us and hurt us this season. Need to play the ball and play in control better. (My note: Watch the play again - Sanchez must have had 10 seconds to run around. That was the real problem, imo.)

-Run blocking showed signs of improving at times. Backs ran harder.

-On Tebow and DT contributing.. (paraphrased) - It's not about individual stats. It's about making plays and contributing. Both players have confidence that they can contribute.

-How did Moreno do? Ran hard but can't allow the ball to be stripped, despite trying to protect it. Gained some extra yards. But overall, he's out of practice. Will improve with reps.

Popps
10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Hill on PI call and Tebow on getting reps...

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Josh-McDaniels-Press-Conference/72a94cad-3692-4067-823c-7338772bdac1#?id=cc9995de-6815-4f59-96a1-658a98fd4c0e

cutthemdown
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Nothing on how lucky Broncos were Jets special teams captain didn't call a fake FG when we had only 9 guys on the field.

I've never seen only 9 guys on the field for any play at the NFL level. IMO a coach should be fired for that. A timeout should have been called as soon as they noticed. if they didn't notice, well then special team coach should be fired.

I would have all of my guys ready to go every play. This is ridiculous. I never even saw that at the HS level.

9 players on field? Jesus that is so lame. Fumbles, 9 players on field, penalties that lose game? Who are we watching Oakland or Denver? Next weeks game may have 20 or more penalties, 4 or more turnovers, 2-3 big plays on special teams, and probably even some goof football in between. Maybe like a quarter.

Jay3
10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
How is it that 11 guys don't understand they are on field goal duty for the game?

Rabb
10-19-2010, 12:42 PM
not just that, but that's like the 3rd time this year we've had less than 11 on the field isn't it?

Popps
10-19-2010, 12:45 PM
How is it that 11 guys don't understand they are on field goal duty for the game?

Yea, and it's even more confusing when the defense puts up a decent effort, which I thought we did. How can you not get the right amount of guys on the ****ing field?

I mean, could this be an injury thing? Guys just don't know where they're supposed to be?

Wink needs to speak up on this. Enough is enough.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2010, 12:45 PM
The more I think about Walton the madder I get. What kind of coach goes into a season with a rookie center? It's ****ing stupid and all he had to do was throw money at it to get a solid vet. I haven't seen such poor center play in a long time at any level.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-19-2010, 12:46 PM
He was still going to make the field goal. Yes, it looks bad, but it's not like it would have changed the outcome.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
I would have all of my guys ready to go every play. This is ridiculous. I never even saw that at the HS level.

Cool story bro. You're hired. At the pro level. Because you say you'd have your guys ready to play.

Christ, you're a ****ing retard.

Rulon Velvet Jones
The more I think about Walton the madder I get. What kind of coach goes into a season with a rookie center? It's ****ing stupid and all he had to do was throw money at it to get a solid vet. I haven't seen such poor center play in a long time at any level.

Which one? All that was out there was Mawae and he didn't want the gig.

TheElusiveKyleOrton

Throwing money at a problem is always the best way to go.

Ray Finkle
10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Nothing on how lucky Broncos were Jets special teams captain didn't call a fake FG when we had only 9 guys on the field.

I've never seen only 9 guys on the field for any play at the NFL level. IMO a coach should be fired for that. A timeout should have been called as soon as they noticed. if they didn't notice, well then special team coach should be fired.

9 players on field? Jesus that is so lame. Fumbles, 9 players on field, penalties that lose game? Who are we watching Oakland or Denver? Next weeks game may have 20 or more penalties, 4 or more turnovers, 2-3 big plays on special teams, and probably even some goof football in between. Maybe like a quarter.

wow...you used to be a poster I enjoyed reading....now you're a whinny bitch...

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Which one? All that was out there was Mawae and he didn't want the gig.

I just don't believe that Mawae has a price to play here we couldn't meet.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2010, 12:50 PM

Not always, but when options are limited it works rather well.

Ray Finkle
10-19-2010, 12:50 PM
I just don't believe that Mawae has a price to play here we couldn't meet.

Mawae was graded out as one of the worst run blocking centers in the league last year by FBO....

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Mawae was graded out as one of the worst run blocking centers in the league last year by FBO....

But he's a vet that can snap the ball, call out the protections, and execute. Walton can be great one day, but as a rookie he's is consistently ****ting the bed.

ColoradoDarin
10-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Cool story bro. You're hired. At the pro level. Because you say you'd have your guys ready to play.

Christ, you're a ****ing retard.

He's entering Jhiz level.... and now: This message is hidden because cutthemdown is on your ignore list.

Ray Finkle
10-19-2010, 12:58 PM
But he's a vet that can snap the ball, call out the protections, and execute. Walton can be great one day, but as a rookie he's is consistently ****ting the bed.

true but other folks view him as a narc in the locker room....I'd like him on the team but that ship has sailed.

Dagmar
10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Cutthemdown what sent you over the edge, you haven't always been this negative and angry.

PRBronco
10-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Is it really that surprising that they ****ed up our FG blocking unit? How many injured special teamers do we have? ST is a bigger cluster**** than usual right now.

PRBronco
10-19-2010, 01:03 PM
Cutthemdown what sent you over the edge, you haven't always been this negative and angry.

Seen it happen to bpc and Punisher too, sad :(

Ray Finkle
10-19-2010, 01:03 PM

It's sad, I have put a lot of good posters on ignore lately because of how negative they are. It's understandable to disagree with the team but a lot of posters seem to take joy in the teams failure.

Popps
10-19-2010, 01:06 PM
It's sad, I have put a lot of good posters on ignore lately because of how negative they are. It's understandable to disagree with the team but a lot of posters seem to take joy in the teams failure.

I used to never use the ignore feature. Sort of felt like it was letting trolls win. But, it got to a point where there were so many horrible posters, I didn't have the time to sift through them to find people I like reading. I'm actually a big ignore fan, now.

Rock Chalk
10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
My ignore list is very long.

Rock Chalk
10-19-2010, 01:19 PM
You know Im not sure why I have Heav and Beerslug on there. They must have pissed me off and im just too lazy to remove them.

Popps
10-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Still say we need a 1-click ignore feature. That would be sweet.

Ray Finkle
10-19-2010, 01:26 PM

no Finkle....Awesome :D

Popps
10-19-2010, 01:27 PM
Would also be cool if you could add people to a watch list so their posts come up on a certain page or have some kind of highlight in threads. Would make scanning for decent posters much easier.

Ray Finkle
10-19-2010, 01:30 PM
Would also be cool if you could add people to a watch list so their posts come up on a certain page or have some kind of highlight in threads. Would make scanning for decent posters much easier.

good point....there a few posters that whenever they post, I enjoy reading. Wabbit was one back in the day and Med is always high on that list.

BigPlayShay
10-19-2010, 01:40 PM

http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mike-tomlin-041108.jpg

Ray Finkle
10-19-2010, 01:46 PM
http://thatschurch.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/mike-tomlin-041108.jpg

oh come on! that doesn't count. Tomlin doesn't make mistakes.

Br0nc0Buster
10-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Mike Tomlin looks like Omar Epps

baja
10-19-2010, 01:52 PM

With a drop down with the options of; a day / a week / until I change it.

Archer81
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM

I am happy to see I am not on it.

My awesomeness is like the sun after a very long night. I illuminate the world with my brilliance and wit.

This board should be greatful...

Heh...

:Broncos:

supermanhr9
10-19-2010, 02:19 PM

I was a littl enervouse when I read through the Ignore list, but I managed to avoid it. Bad ass.

What did Renaldo Hill say about Tebow?

NYBronco
10-19-2010, 02:23 PM

Sure the Broncos ended up losing this game. But with all the mistakes they made, injuries and inconsistent offensive/defensive lineups the outcome wasn't determined until there was about 50 seconds left. I believe if there wasn't the bad snap Orton and the Broncos would have scored the winning TD. But that's my ugly and unpopular optimism in Bronco land these days.

Also, I'm really not sure the Broncos mistakes and inconsistency speaks more of their issues or the league leading 5 and 1 Jets.

ghwk
10-19-2010, 02:56 PM

You didn't see the 49'er game this weekend then, they did the same thing.

Popps
10-19-2010, 03:00 PM
Sure the Broncos ended up losing this game. But with all the mistakes they made, injuries and inconsistent offensive/defensive lineups the outcome wasn't determined until there was about 50 seconds left. I believe if there wasn't the bad snap Orton and the Broncos would have scored the winning TD. But that's my ugly and unpopular optimism in Bronco land these days.

Also, I'm really not sure the Broncos mistakes and inconsistency speaks more of their issues or the league leading 5 and 1 Jets.

Me too, brother.

Mountain Bronco
10-19-2010, 03:08 PM

Um Mike Tomlin a super bowl winning coach and coach of probably the best team this year did. Those who say toss money at it are the same who then complain when the Broncos spend to much on vets and don't develop rookies. Walton will be solid given some time, it ain't like we are winning the super bowl this year anyway.

Dagmar
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Me too, brother.

I agree. I still haven't been able to shake that loss.

Los Broncos
10-19-2010, 03:38 PM
The loss sucked that's for sure, I know we would have scored on the final drive.

Time to take it out on Oakland, hopefully the Jet loss didn't crush us and we come out ready to play.

baja
10-19-2010, 03:54 PM
A lot of posters have expressed that they felt like Orton would have driven the team to victory down 4 with 1:15 left to play. When it the last time so many have felt they had a quarterback that could do that.

Hint his initials are JE.

serious hops
10-19-2010, 04:18 PM
oh come on! that doesn't count. Tomlin doesn't make mistakes.

Different situation anyway, I'd say. They did enter the season with a rookie at center, but only after he beat out the previous year's starter in camp. Tomlin said after the draft that they were planning on having Pouncey compete at one of the guard spots this year-- I'm not sure if they reshuffled due to injury or he just beat Hartwig, but the fact that they released Hartwig suggests they're comfortable with Pouncey at the pivot.

Either way, I don't blame McDaniels for going forward with JD. I thought Weigman was terrible down the stretch last year, and he's clearly a poor fit for what we want to do on the OL. We did try to sign Rex Hadnot as a veteran option, but I'm not going to complin that we didn't get into a bidding war over him. With our scheme change, there weren't a lot of other good options available. Looks like Mawae got blackballed, but even if he wasn't, I'm not convinced he's much better than Hochstein at this point.

McD knew he was taking a risk there, but sometimes the other options aren't any more appealing. Hopefully letting Walton take his lumps now will pay dividends by next year if not down the stretch of this season. We'll see.

Chris
10-19-2010, 05:02 PM
Has Decker gotten better on STs? He was awful at the start of the season.

broncosteven
10-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Willis on IR

broncosteven
10-19-2010, 07:15 PM
Trick, blimp, raven, Steer

Does mCd have something against "That's so Raven"?

broncosteven
10-19-2010, 07:21 PM
mCd seems more human the more the season goes on, I liked how he talked about the penalty without rancor.

broncosteven
10-19-2010, 07:23 PM
His comments on the run game were very good.

bowtown
10-19-2010, 07:24 PM
Different situation anyway, I'd say. They did enter the season with a rookie at center, but only after he beat out the previous year's starter in camp. Tomlin said after the draft that they were planning on having Pouncey compete at one of the guard spots this year-- I'm not sure if they reshuffled due to injury or he just beat Hartwig, but the fact that they released Hartwig suggests they're comfortable with Pouncey at the pivot.

Either way, I don't blame McDaniels for going forward with JD. I thought Weigman was terrible down the stretch last year, and he's clearly a poor fit for what we want to do on the OL. We did try to sign Rex Hadnot as a veteran option, but I'm not going to complin that we didn't get into a bidding war over him. With our scheme change, there weren't a lot of other good options available. Looks like Mawae got blackballed, but even if he wasn't, I'm not convinced he's much better than Hochstein at this point.

McD knew he was taking a risk there, but sometimes the other options aren't any more appealing. Hopefully letting Walton take his lumps now will pay dividends by next year if not down the stretch of this season. We'll see.

You should post more.

Dedhed
10-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I would have all of my guys ready to go every play.

Well then you should just accept one of the NFL head coaching jobs that must be lying on your agent's desk.

Cito Pelon
10-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Beadles should have started at RT in the Baltimore game, IMO. Same with Cox at RCB. Harris wasn't ready, he got beat like a drum. Goodman wasn't ready, he was out of the game in the first quarter.

McD I guess is trying to show the vets they won't lose their job due to injury. I think that was a mistake by McD to give the vets Harris and Goodman the practice time instead of giving the rookies the practice time.

Popps
10-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Beadles should have started at RT in the Baltimore game, IMO. Same with Cox at RCB. Harris wasn't ready, he got beat like a drum. Goodman wasn't ready, he was out of the game in the first quarter.

McD I guess is trying to show the vets they won't lose their job due to injury. I think that was a mistake by McD to give the vets Harris and Goodman the practice time instead of giving the rookies the practice time.

I can't imagine Harris stays around after this season. What's the point.

Hopefully Beadles continues to improve. I didn't get to focus on him much, but he seemed to be doing well when I did.

Cito Pelon
10-19-2010, 10:44 PM
I can't imagine Harris stays around after this season. What's the point.

Hopefully Beadles continues to improve. I didn't get to focus on him much, but he seemed to be doing well when I did.

Beadles is a gamer, as is Cox. Those two aren't scared of anything. Walton unfortunately got stuck in a situation where he has taken a beating.

serious hops
10-19-2010, 10:55 PM
You should post more.

Gracias.

Taco John
10-20-2010, 12:01 AM
I thought it was cool that Josh revealed some of the formation names that we use: "Trick, Blimp, Raven, Spear..."

Cito Pelon
10-20-2010, 12:04 AM
I thought it was cool that Josh revealed some of the formation names that we use: "Trick, Blimp, Raven, Spear..."

Dude is a liar.

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 02:11 AM

I'm not angry brother my life is great. Killer woman, killer band, playing all over town, famous musicians coming to see my band, times are good.

Now the Broncos? Man I'm pissed as hell we are this bad. I thought we would at least be well coached. Sick of seeing Broncos players on there asses all game. Sick of being an afterthought. Sick of watching the Chargers win the AFC west. Then the fans around here just seem to be more like oh well the boys fought hard blah blah blah. What happened to being winners? We should all be pissed at this crap.

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Well then you should just accept one of the NFL head coaching jobs that must be lying on your agent's desk.

Whatever. The point stands. A special teams coach should have his players around him ready to hit the field. Not like they didn't know a fg was coming. It's IMO something a coach should be fired for. That's total mayhem to be that disorganized.

My point was regular joes like us not even coaches but we are smart enough to know that this mistake is unforgivable. 9 players? what was that coach doing? Not even watching the game?

The MVPlaya
10-20-2010, 02:34 AM
I'm not angry brother my life is great. Killer woman, killer band, playing all over town, famous musicians coming to see my band, times are good.

Now the Broncos? Man I'm pissed as hell we are this bad. I thought we would at least be well coached. Sick of seeing Broncos players on there asses all game. Sick of being an afterthought. Sick of watching the Chargers win the AFC west. Then the fans around here just seem to be more like oh well the boys fought hard blah blah blah. What happened to being winners? We should all be pissed at this crap.

Did you not watch the ****ing game? I'm not sure how the **** you can say they're not "well coached" and "unprepared" by the way we played the ****ing Jets, whom arguably is the best team in the league.

Did you not see our injury list for that game? Nobody is happy we lost but at the same time I'm not sure how any LOGICAL person can be disgusted by how we played that game.

I'm not sure how we can be "this bad" yet we have been in every single game we've played. Even the Dolphins got blown out. There is not 1 game were you come out and say, damn we never had a chance that game. Do you follow any other teams? If so you'd know the bar of being "bad." If you WATCH other teams you wouldn't be posting just ridiculous comments.

You're a ****ing moron with absolutely no football intelligence on any level and add absolutely nothing but doom/gloom, depressing, overreactive, and outrageous statements to the forum. You're posts are worth ****.

tsiguy96
10-20-2010, 02:42 AM
Whatever. The point stands. A special teams coach should have his players around him ready to hit the field. Not like they didn't know a fg was coming. It's IMO something a coach should be fired for. That's total mayhem to be that disorganized.

My point was regular joes like us not even coaches but we are smart enough to know that this mistake is unforgivable. 9 players? what was that coach doing? Not even watching the game?

would love to see what you think of other occupations, and how fast people should be fired for equally important infractions.

"you missed that ground ball? fired."
"you told your students the answer to that incorrectly? byeee"
"

The MVPlaya
10-20-2010, 02:46 AM
would love to see what you think of other occupations, and how fast people should be fired for equally important infractions.

"

You missed on a spot on the toilet? Fired.

You didn't tie his shoe correctly? Fired.

You were a penny short? Fired.

You were able to make him smile, but not show his teeth? He wasn't really happy then. Fired.

You missed a tackle? Fired.

You dropped an int? Fired.

You lasted 14 minutes and 59 seconds when you were supposed to bust at 15 minutes? Fired.

You struck out? Fired.

You blew a save? Fired.

You took a 31 minute lunch when you supposed to take 30? Fired.

You weren't able to piss directly into the toilet? Fired.

Mediator12
10-20-2010, 05:56 AM

You do not watch enough football. I see it every week in the NFL and it happens because guys get hurt on ST's or get held out of certain plays if their starters and the backups, backups should be in the game. A lot of teams simply use their starting Defense on FG attempts for that very reason.

Bahshay
10-20-2010, 06:07 AM

Seems to be working out pretty well for the Steelers.

Ray Finkle
10-20-2010, 06:11 AM
you do not watch enough football. I see it every week in the nfl and it happens because guys get hurt on st's or get held out of certain plays if their starters and the backups, backups should be in the game. A lot of teams simply use their starting defense on fg attempts for that very reason.

rep!

Mogulseeker
10-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Yea, and it's even more confusing when the defense puts up a decent effort, which I thought we did. How can you not get the right amount of guys on the ****ing field?

I mean, could this be an injury thing? Guys just don't know where they're supposed to be?

Wink needs to speak up on this. Enough is enough.

It's not Wink, its Prifer (sp?)

He needs to be fired.

barryr
10-20-2010, 06:34 AM
The field goal would have gone in with or without 11 players, so getting all riled up on that I don't see the point.

There is also no point in getting an aged veteran who doesn't appear to want to play in the NFL anymore or if you don't think he fits what you are trying to do. The Broncos had a veteran center last year and he didn't play that well.

dsmoot
10-20-2010, 06:43 AM

Sorry to disagree with you. This isn't Pop Warner or high school so they don't need to be huddled around the coach. These MEN are professionals. They are paid a handsome sum of money to have their heads in the game (what down is it), know what specialty teams they serve on and be ready to go. In the instance of a game that we are suffering injuries, it is not uncommon that a coach has not made it clear that a certain player is out and another player is filling the spot. What you saw on Sunday could have easily been a combination of both. Don't blame it totally on the coach or the player without knowing the circumstances.

Ray Finkle
10-20-2010, 07:11 AM

have you ever coached?

Dedhed
10-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Whatever. The point stands.

No it doesn't. The NFL and the units that are implemented are far more complex than you can imagine based on your high school experience in football where the 11 best athletes are basically on the filed for everything.

Packages change, and when you have 4-5 guys go down in a single week, players promoted from PS, etc. it's nowhere near as simple as your pee-wits can apparently fathom.

Chris
10-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Cut down.

Popps
10-20-2010, 12:55 PM

Riiiight.

You just spend all day long every day trying to make Broncos fans miserable because you're such a happy camper.

Adds up.

colonelbeef
10-20-2010, 02:16 PM
He's entering Jhiz level.... and now: This message is hidden because cutthemdown is on your ignore list.

Waahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pussy can't handle an opinion, so he runs and hides. Lovely skirt Susie, here's your bib

colonelbeef
10-20-2010, 02:19 PM

I love the fact that I am able to get under someone's skin to the point where they have to hide under the covers from me. Must suck to have to go through life with such a weak constitution.

Me - 1

You - 0

crush17
10-20-2010, 02:26 PM
I love the fact that I am able to get under someone's skin to the point where they have to hide under the covers from me. Must suck to have to go through life with such a weak constitution.

Me - 1

You - 0

Internet tough guys are so 2005

HILife
10-20-2010, 02:33 PM

It's kind of like going to a strip club and have a ugly stripper try to hustle you for a lap dance. Just throw here a few ones and she will go away.

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 02:56 PM
Sorry to disagree with you. This isn't Pop Warner or high school so they don't need to be huddled around the coach. These MEN are professionals. They are paid a handsome sum of money to have their heads in the game (what down is it), know what specialty teams they serve on and be ready to go. In the instance of a game that we are suffering injuries, it is not uncommon that a coach has not made it clear that a certain player is out and another player is filling the spot. What you saw on Sunday could have easily been a combination of both. Don't blame it totally on the coach or the player without knowing the circumstances.

Not true. The benches are usually organized, and players that are part of packages know they have to be around the action, ready to go in. There should never be a time where you only get 9 guys on field. If it happens the ST coach should see it, call a timeout. All jets had to do was audible to a fake and its prob a TD.

You guys are wrong. They don't just leave it up to the player to know to be in the game. Sure starters play special teams and may have to run around more then a bkup who only plays special teams.

Players sit together. Oline with oline. Dline with dline. It's true on special teams guys have to do both but there is still no excuse for not being organized enough to get 11 guys on the field.

I actually saw a play in college once where a smart coach noticed his defense was down a player. He quickly got a dback onto the field just before ball was snapped. That player saved a td. You have to be paying closer attention to the field if you are the special teams coach. It is unforgivable and I bet the coach took about a 1 hours berating from his boss over it.

colonelbeef
10-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Internet tough guys are so 2005

I think you misunderstood. Nothing I said was threatening in any manner. Simply stating the obvious- if you cannot accept differing opinions, you are weak minded, and the hiding from said opinions is childish at best

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 03:06 PM
Riiiight.

You just spend all day long every day trying to make Broncos fans miserable because you're such a happy camper.

Adds up.

You are the ones that are miserable. But for some reason you can't take it out on the team so you decide to target the few fans who were sort of fed up with team being low on talent to start the yr. Scratching heads at some of the moves the team had made.

How can anyone be happy about being a crappy team again?

I certainly wouldn't let it bother my life though. I think it's more some of you that identify with Broncos so much you can't admit they stink right now.

I'm a huge sports fan, love the Broncos, love my Lakers, but mostly love to converse and convey thoughts with other people about sports. I don't need to sugar coat how bad Broncos have been, and still are. Any football fan can see the inside linebackers not good enough, not physical enough. The dline is avg on the dends, and old inside at DT. The OLB are pretty good, and would be really good if doom was around. But we all knew he wasn't from the start so it was easy to predict they would be avg at best there.

The corners are pretty good but have to cover way too long so they usually look bad. The safety's are a mess only Dawkins is good and he is long in the tooth. Maybe you squeeze another yr or so from him.

On offense the inside oline is a mess. None of them playing well and the new center doesn't look good. I would be really surprised if he started there next yr. The TE are a mess. Graham can block and thats about it. The Rbs are sort of avg. Maybe Moreno can be slightly above avg, but I have serious doubts. He lacks wiggle or great burst.

The WR the only spot that has surprised. I already though Orton pretty good. Was very impressed with him and everyone knows I was on board with trading Cutler and Marshal. Those aren't the moves we are paying for.

Broncos have some good young players here and there and will probably be a lot better next yr. Whatever go ahead and say i don't know football. I never coached. LOL I loved that one. My point that an asst coach should have his special team organized, guys around him he can throw onto field if he see's a starter didn't get on etc etc stands. You all saying that is BS because I didn't coach is laughable.

whatever the football acumen around here is really bad. It's as funny as being on pokerstars, busting someones aces with a set you played great and having the other player call you a donk.

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 03:08 PM
The mane is now just a bunch of homers who get pissy with the fans who call it like it is, or like the see it, whichever.

You won't always agree with people but on this board, if you aren't a homer, then you get attacked.

The people even go as far as to attack your life outside the board. Like you must be a loser etc etc.

Whatever!!! Like I said I spend almost every weekend playing music. I have people on the board who can vouch for me not being full of ****. If anything it's funny people make comments about other peoples lives when they would never even say what there real name is on the internet.

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 03:13 PM
The field goal would have gone in with or without 11 players, so getting all riled up on that I don't see the point.

There is also no point in getting an aged veteran who doesn't appear to want to play in the NFL anymore or if you don't think he fits what you are trying to do. The Broncos had a veteran center last year and he didn't play that well.

Well you have a good chance to block it with 11 guys. The FG on long ones is a low trajectory so no it is a bad move. Especially when considering they could have faked it. Jets very tricky team surprised they didn't see it.

Plus earlier in yr we gave a td down a player on defense. Never seen that happen to the Broncos twice in a season. Even under Wade everything is cool Phillips.

Broncos need to get it into shape they look like a poorly coached bunched and it reflects poorly on a coach I think is really bright. Not sure if he chose his asst wisely. But Mcdaniels is a slick play caller.

I was a Mcdaniels supporter, and an Orton supporter from day one. Really they are what has worked out so I was right.

It's the defense and running game I never liked that once again stink.

cutthemdown
10-20-2010, 03:15 PM

"

Hmm you forget to put a left fielder in and the hit it to left and win the game. yeah I would say fire the guy.

You forget to tell your students when the test was. Yeah fired.

errand
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM

yes, because we cannot expect grown men who earn more in one week than most of us earn in a year to know how to do their ****ing jobs....

Popps
10-20-2010, 03:44 PM
You are the ones that are miserable. But for some reason you can't take it out on the team

Ummm.... huh? Who's miserable? Maybe you should check the polls on the subject, sport. The majority of this forum is very bullish on the team.

You're the only one selling miserable, sad-sack posts all day long. Why, no one is quite sure.

It's as funny as being on pokerstars, busting someones aces with a set you played great and having the other player call you a donk.

Yea, that makes no sense.

Busting aces with a set doesn't take any skill, and on a non-threatening board, aces are going to call down every time. Flopping a set is about luck.
(One in 13 times, I believe?)

Maybe they're calling you a donk for other reasons.

errand
10-20-2010, 03:49 PM

Calm down Garcia...it's growing pains. Josh has had only 22 games to build his team into his vision. It'll take time. Throwing money at a problem doesn't always solve it....look at the money we've wasted trying to solve our poor excuse of a DL the past few seasons.

you gotta be positive dude...look at it like this way....other than the Ravens game, we've held our own against a tough schedule. We're 2-4 and the division leader is only 3-2...and all the AFC west teams have issues of some kind from poor QB play (Raiders) to poor pass protection (Chargers) and inability to run the ball consistently(Broncos). It's not that big of a stretch to believe we can still win the division...and that my friend will be good enough to make the playoffs

Hulamau
10-20-2010, 04:49 PM

Just call it the 'Numbskull Filter' :peace:

cutthemdown
10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Calm down Garcia...it's growing pains. Josh has had only 22 games to build his team into his vision. It'll take time. Throwing money at a problem doesn't always solve it....look at the money we've wasted trying to solve our poor excuse of a DL the past few seasons.

you gotta be positive dude...look at it like this way....other than the Ravens game, we've held our own against a tough schedule. We're 2-4 and the division leader is only 3-2...and all the AFC west teams have issues of some kind from poor QB play (Raiders) to poor pass protection (Chargers) and inability to run the ball consistently(Broncos). It's not that big of a stretch to believe we can still win the division...and that my friend will be good enough to make the playoffs

Well part of the problem is FA sometimes now choose other teams over Broncos based on things other then money.

Now that Orton has proved himself I think more FA will think about Denver. A lot of them try and decide if the team has a QB that can get it done. Would you go sign for a team that was going to start Jason Campbell? Of course not unless they pay you more right?

So as Broncos improve over next 2 yrs, they will become more attractive place to play, and get better players.

mcdaniels still working out the kinks in his staff IMO. But his offense works, his play calling can move the ball big time.

cutthemdown
10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Ummm.... huh? Who's miserable? Maybe you should check the polls on the subject, sport. The majority of this forum is very bullish on the team.

You're the only one selling miserable, sad-sack posts all day long. Why, no one is quite sure.

Yea, that makes no sense.

Busting aces with a set doesn't take any skill, and on a non-threatening board, aces are going to call down every time. Flopping a set is about luck.
(One in 13 times, I believe?)

Maybe they're calling you a donk for other reasons.

Hmmm I thnk it's more like 1 in 8 1/2 but dont quote me. You missed the point. The whole point was sets are easy to play. The guy calling you a donk after calling you all the way to the river because he wont fold aces is why the story is funny. Sorry you don't get it. it's funny when someone actually sort of knows, but doesn't. Thank's for the laugh.

We could meet on pokerstars and play anytime you like. I play a lot.

Mediator12
10-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Not true. The benches are usually organized, and players that are part of packages know they have to be around the action, ready to go in. There should never be a time where you only get 9 guys on field. If it happens the ST coach should see it, call a timeout. All jets had to do was audible to a fake and its prob a TD.

You guys are wrong. They don't just leave it up to the player to know to be in the game. Sure starters play special teams and may have to run around more then a bkup who only plays special teams.

Players sit together. Oline with oline. Dline with dline. It's true on special teams guys have to do both but there is still no excuse for not being organized enough to get 11 guys on the field.

I actually saw a play in college once where a smart coach noticed his defense was down a player. He quickly got a dback onto the field just before ball was snapped. That player saved a td. You have to be paying closer attention to the field if you are the special teams coach. It is unforgivable and I bet the coach took about a 1 hours berating from his boss over it.

Several points:

1. Players are divided on the bench by position, but not by ST's. I already explained why this happens so much in the NFL, but I guess you missed that.

2. ST's audibling to a fake? Really? You know how many QB's have limiting audible privilege's in the NFL? The ST's captain rarely has a go to audible for a Fake FG. You know WHY? They do not put one into the gameplan for everygame unless they see something specific to exploit. You know what WOULD happen to a ST's captain for calling an audible there and they do not succeed? That is a very low Percentage call as well as that personnel rarely practices together. I appreciate the theory, but it is not a very credible argument on its face because of these things.

3. ST's are tricky because they have so many variations and personnel involved that get little PT. The ST coach will Yell to the sideline coach that 1st FG block unit is on the field and the players are responsible for telling their replacement beforehand they are in for them. In this case, the Broncos ST captain should have counted the players and taken TO. It is very hard to count from the sideline, that is why so many teams get illegal substitution penalties in the NFL. Watch any ST returner or player responsible and they will be counting before the play happens to make sure everyone is on the field, yet it happens almost every game in the NFL where someone screws it up.

4. Ultimately, it does fall on the ST Coach to make sure substitution packages work correctly. However, that does not mean it is always avoided. Often, Communication breaks down between players and not the coaches. And, they only have about 10 seconds to figure it out too.

broncosteven
10-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Several points:

1. Players are divided on the bench by position, but not by ST's. I already explained why this happens so much in the NFL, but I guess you missed that.

2. ST's audibling to a fake? Really? You know how many QB's have limiting audible privilege's in the NFL? The ST's captain rarely has a go to audible for a Fake FG. You know WHY? They do not put one into the gameplan for everygame unless they see something specific to exploit. You know what WOULD happen to a ST's captain for calling an audible there and they do not succeed? That is a very low Percentage call as well as that personnel rarely practices together. I appreciate the theory, but it is not a very credible argument on its face because of these things.

3. ST's are tricky because they have so many variations and personnel involved that get little PT. The ST coach will Yell to the sideline coach that 1st FG block unit is on the field and the players are responsible for telling their replacement beforehand they are in for them. In this case, the Broncos ST captain should have counted the players and taken TO. It is very hard to count from the sideline, that is why so many teams get illegal substitution penalties in the NFL. Watch any ST returner or player responsible and they will be counting before the play happens to make sure everyone is on the field, yet it happens almost every game in the NFL where someone screws it up.

4. Ultimately, it does fall on the ST Coach to make sure substitution packages work correctly. However, that does not mean it is always avoided. Often, Communication breaks down between players and not the coaches. And, they only have about 10 seconds to figure it out too.

It is details like this that are impossible to get anywhere else.

Popps
10-21-2010, 12:57 PM
We could meet on pokerstars and play anytime you like. I play a lot.

I'm on Full Tilt, and I wouldn't want to sit at your table if you're anything like you are here, Captain Wet Blanket.

cutthemdown
10-21-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm on Full Tilt, and I wouldn't want to sit at your table if you're anything like you are here, Captain Wet Blanket.

Like I said anyone not jumping on the homer bandwagon is attacked personally. It's all good though Broncos will win this week.

OABB
10-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Like I said anyone not jumping on the homer bandwagon is attacked personally. It's all good though Broncos will win this week.

I don't think this is true. There is a way to be critical without being a whiney bitch. I think our teams detractors have forgotten the lost art of basic communication.

If I said I didn't like the running scheme we are running, it would start a nice conversation.

If I said, knowgain can't get more than 1 inch because mcdummy should have drafted someone else than I am a douche who should be attacked personally.

Why is this so hard to fathom?

go_broncos
10-21-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't think this is true. There is a way to be critical without being a whiney b****. I think our teams detractors have forgotten the lost art of basic communication.

If I said I didn't like the running scheme we are running, it would start a nice conversation.

If I said, knowgain can't get more than 1 inch because mcdummy should have drafted someone else than I am a douche who should be attacked personally.

Whenever i see your post, i remember your prediction that Moreno will rush for 1200 yards this season....ROFL!

baja
10-21-2010, 06:26 PM
Whenever i see your post, i remember your prediction that Moreno will rush for 1200 yards this season....ROFL!

I think that was me and he's gonna get 150 of those yards this Sunday.

Tombstone RJ
10-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Well part of the problem is FA sometimes now choose other teams over Broncos based on things other then money.

Now that Orton has proved himself I think more FA will think about Denver. A lot of them try and decide if the team has a QB that can get it done. Would you go sign for a team that was going to start Jason Campbell? Of course not unless they pay you more right?

So as Broncos improve over next 2 yrs, they will become more attractive place to play, and get better players.

mcdaniels still working out the kinks in his staff IMO. But his offense works, his play calling can move the ball big time.

For reals? How do you know broseff?

BlaK-Argentina
10-21-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't think this is true. There is a way to be critical without being a whiney b****. I think our teams detractors have forgotten the lost art of basic communication.

:strong::strong::strong:

Garcia Bronco
10-21-2010, 07:00 PM

You are correct. I just gets frustrating. Ugggh Absolute embarass.

Drek
10-21-2010, 07:20 PM

You don't think you're going overboard by calling for the ST coach's head because we had too few guys on the field for one STs play, which didn't bite us in the ass?

Look, I don't think Priefer's coverage and return game coaching is anything special. Hell, ask Kaylore what his opinion of Preifer's coverage/return game is if you want to see some real negativity.

But when Priefer was hired we had bigger problems on STs. Namely the completely lack of a kicker or punter. Priefer has shown his worth in our kicking game. He took Prater from a horrible looking kicker in '08 to a very good kicker in '09 and even better so far in '10. He also to this point at least has fixed our punting problems by bringing in and coaching up Colquitt.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Priefer is replaced after this year, but his job is safe for 2010 so that we can have his kicking/punting expertise at the disposal of our young K/P tandem for at least the rest of this season.

Florida_Bronco
10-21-2010, 08:18 PM
You don't think you're going overboard by calling for the ST coach's head because we had too few guys on the field for one STs play, which didn't bite us in the ass?

Look, I don't think Priefer's coverage and return game coaching is anything special. Hell, ask Kaylore what his opinion of Preifer's coverage/return game is if you want to see some real negativity.

But when Priefer was hired we had bigger problems on STs. Namely the completely lack of a kicker or punter. Priefer has shown his worth in our kicking game. He took Prater from a horrible looking kicker in '08 to a very good kicker in '09 and even better so far in '10. He also to this point at least has fixed our punting problems by bringing in and coaching up Colquitt.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Priefer is replaced after this year, but his job is safe for 2010 so that we can have his kicking/punting expertise at the disposal of our young K/P tandem for at least the rest of this season.

As much as I hated the large coaching staffs under Shanahan, I wonder if it would be worth it to retain Priefer to work solely with Prater and Colquitt while bringing in another ST coach to oversee everything else.

OABB
10-21-2010, 08:50 PM

That was me. proudly. I had no idea our oline would suck as bad as it did. or that moreno would be injured.

weren't you the one who said orton had a wide open slot receiver and than mvplaya posted a pic?

or were you the guy who said a good back should have 4.5 yards a carry and than drek posted how rare that was?

or were you the cutler nobslobberer?

or the guy who bitches through the game day threads like a bipolar menopausal woman?

Tombstone RJ
10-21-2010, 08:54 PM
That was me. proudly. I had no idea our oline would suck as bad as it did. or that moreno would be injured.

weren't you the one who said orton had a wide open slot receiver and than mvplaya posted a pic?

or were you the guy who said a good back should have 4.5 yards a carry and than drek posted how rare that was?

or the guy who b****es through the game day threads like a bipolar menopausal woman?

he's all of the above, with a bag of chips on the side...

Tombstone RJ
10-21-2010, 09:02 PM

whenever I see you post I think of a flaming bag of dogschit getting stomped out by a dumb schmuck in penny loafers on a friday night...

baja
10-21-2010, 09:34 PM

or the guy who b****es through the game day threads like a bipolar menopausal woman?

That was definitely him. ;D

Drek
10-22-2010, 03:48 AM

Burn man! What a clown right? Dumbass should've known Moreno would miss large chunks of time with hamstring problems even though he never missed a regular season game in college or all last season.

::)

As much as I hated the large coaching staffs under Shanahan, I wonder if it would be worth it to retain Priefer to work solely with Prater and Colquitt while bringing in another ST coach to oversee everything else.

We do have Kieth Burns working as the STs assistant under Priefer already. But yes, if Burns is viewed as a capable STs coach it might be time to give him more control over the management of the coverage and return units.