PDA

View Full Version : Bettis rips on Chuggers

Jesterhole
10-19-2010, 06:42 AM
As sorry as this season has been, kind of nice to see the Chargers suck it up as well. Because of Rivers, I've come to hate the Chargers like I haven't hated the Faiders or Cheaps in a long time.

The Chargers are in disarray. Who would have thought that they'd be in last place in the AFC West after their soft opening schedule (at Kansas City, vs. Jacksonville, at Seattle, vs. Arizona, at Oakland, at St. Louis)? That's the case after a devastating 20-17 loss to the Rams. It was devastating because their two best receivers -- tight end Antonio Gates and wideout Malcom Floyd -- may have suffered significant injuries.

But as dysfunctional as San Diego has looked on the field, the real problems are upstairs; the decisions management has made clearly affected the team. Look at what happened with LaDainian Tomlinson, Vincent Jackson, Marcus McNeill and, most recently, Shawne Merriman. They may not realize it yet, but what's left of the Chargers is a very average football team.

They've got some soul-searching to do if they really want to be a playoff team. Getting Jackson back at the end of November, if he's even motivated to contribute, may be too little, too late.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/jerome_bettis/10/18/bus.stops.ap/index.html#ixzz12o9fRIGW

supermanhr9
10-19-2010, 07:39 AM
I love it. I would rather see the Chiefs resurrect and be the rivals they used to be than deal with the Chargers. I have grown such a hatred towards them.

The Joker
10-19-2010, 07:54 AM
I've grown to respect Rivers, the guy is a great player and I've never heard anything bad about him off the field. He's a bit of a whiner on the field, which is a pity, but he's far from the worst of them.

Any more word on Gates and Floyd? Last I read they thought Gates might be able to go against New England, Floyd not so much.

jhns
10-19-2010, 07:58 AM
I would love for them to suck a lot from here on but they start like this a lot and still win the division. They did look pretty bad Sunday against the Rams though.

Jesterhole
10-19-2010, 08:00 AM
I've grown to respect Rivers, the guy is a great player and I've never heard anything bad about him off the field. He's a bit of a whiner on the field, which is a pity, but he's far from the worst of them.

I won't argue that his a great player, but his attitude on and off the field is arrogant disrespect to everyone. Whatever, he's 20-something, rich, succuessful and on top of the world...I'd probably be a major douche nozzle too. But I still hate his ass.

TonyR
10-19-2010, 08:21 AM
Look at what happened with LaDainian Tomlinson, Vincent Jackson, Marcus McNeill and, most recently, Shawne Merriman.

Add Cromartie to that list. He's looked pretty good for the Jets thus far.

supermanhr9
10-19-2010, 08:49 AM
I won't argue that his a great player, but his attitude on and off the field is arrogant disrespect to everyone. Whatever, he's 20-something, rich, succuessful and on top of the world...I'd probably be a major douche nozzle too. But I still hate his ass.

Ditto,,, Mother f**#@!g ditto

The Joker
10-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Add Cromartie to that list. He's looked pretty good for the Jets thus far.

Scheme issue.

He was never going to as effective for the Chargers as he has been for the Jets. He's a pure press man coverage CB, the Chargers don't play that kind of defense so it was probably best for all parties that he moved on.

boppool
10-19-2010, 12:32 PM
I still want them to finish somewhere around .500, so that Norv Turner can come back for next season. LOL

boltaneer
10-19-2010, 12:32 PM

What has he ever done off the field?

boltaneer
10-19-2010, 12:33 PM
I still want them to finish somewhere around .500, so that Norv Turner can come back for next season. LOL

You don't even need to wish for that. Norv just signed a three year contract extension. He ain't going anywhere for a while.

TonyR
10-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Norv Turner and Wade Phillips should just trade places. Maybe a change of scenery would do both of them some good.

Rock Chalk
10-19-2010, 01:17 PM

Thats my word asshole.

Rock Chalk
10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
Norv = excellent OC.
Wade = Excellent DC
Neither is a very good HC.

JJJ
10-19-2010, 01:28 PM

This is just completely wrong. The guy is not arrogant, especially off the field. 5 kids, good guy. A bit spaztic sometimes on the field but not really arrogant.

The team overall is number 1 in both offense and defense so the overall talent and front office must be doing some things right. They may well have torched their season already with another dismal and pathetic start to the season but I don't think the titanic is sinking.

Dagmar
10-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Thats my word a-hole.

I think you'll find it's Adam Carolla's.

*awaits rage*

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2010, 04:23 PM
I love it. I would rather see the Chiefs resurrect and be the rivals they used to be than deal with the Chargers. I have grown such a hatred towards them.

As well you should. They are the ultimate bandwagon team. Filled with fans that don't know **** about Chargers history or football in general. Before they got hot a few years ago they were an afterthought, and were hardly selling out all the time.

At least KC fans in large have stuck through **** for years in mass.

That One Guy
10-19-2010, 05:34 PM
This is just completely wrong. The guy is not arrogant, especially off the field. 5 kids, good guy. A bit spaztic sometimes on the field but not really arrogant.

The team overall is number 1 in both offense and defense so the overall talent and front office must be doing some things right. They may well have torched their season already with another dismal and pathetic start to the season but I don't think the titanic is sinking.

That's what makes me think the Chargers aren't dead yet. The PFT article said they were outgaining their opponents by 170 yards per game. I haven't watched much of the Chargers but surely that can convert into a 9-7 team or something.

I also didn't know they were in last place. That's awesome.

JJJ
10-19-2010, 11:27 PM
That's what makes me think the Chargers aren't dead yet. The PFT article said they were outgaining their opponents by 170 yards per game. I haven't watched much of the Chargers but surely that can convert into a 9-7 team or something.

I also didn't know they were in last place. That's awesome.

I see 8-8. Probably one game short of getting it done but in the AFCW anything can happen.

enjolras
10-20-2010, 01:44 AM

WTF does having 5 kids have to do with anything? By that logic Travis Henry should be the fricking pope.

Rivers is a fine QB, but anyone who acts the way he does (on the field) is no question complete and utter muff cabbage. Sorry, I know he's your guy... but face facts. The guys a douche.

boltaneer
10-20-2010, 02:47 AM
WTF does having 5 kids have to do with anything? By that logic Travis Henry should be the fricking pope.

Rivers is a fine QB, but anyone who acts the way he does (on the field) is no question complete and utter muff cabbage. Sorry, I know he's your guy... but face facts. The guys a douche.

I think he's referring to the fact that he's a family man. Good father, religious, doesn't swear, doesn't drink or do drugs, doesn't get into trouble with the law, involved in the community, etc. Overall, a great person IMO.

I think very rare to find people like this these days, especially in the NFL.

TonyR
10-20-2010, 07:47 AM
The team overall is number 1 in both offense and defense...

Just to clarify, they are 1st in both offense and defense based on yardage. Based on scoring they are 2nd on O and 19th on D. Still fairly impressive numbers overall and surprising they're struggling as bad as they are.

Rock Chalk
10-20-2010, 08:01 AM
Just to clarify, they are 1st in both offense and defense based on yardage. Based on scoring they are 2nd on O and 19th on D. Still fairly impressive numbers overall and surprising they're struggling as bad as they are.

They have the worst special teams in the history of football.

Archer81
10-20-2010, 08:12 AM
I think he's referring to the fact that he's a family man. Good father, religious, doesn't swear, doesn't drink or do drugs, doesn't get into trouble with the law, involved in the community, etc. Overall, a great person IMO.

I think very rare to find people like this these days, especially in the NFL.

His BF thinks he is a great person too.

Nobody is perfect. Dude has his issues like anyone else.

:Broncos:

Beantown Bronco
10-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Nobody is perfect. Dude has his issues like anyone else.

:Broncos:

speak for yourself