PDA

View Full Version : santonio holmes, douchebag

Gort
10-19-2010, 05:00 AM
"In my eyes right now, that’s his loss and my win," Holmes said. "I make that catch anytime."http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20101017007

no humility. no acknowledgement of his tugging on Hill's jersey. in short, no class. he probably finished that interview with the throat slash gesture.

that's why, by unanimous consent, i hereby award him the OrangeMane "Douchebag of the Week" award for week #6.

http://suburbanoblivion.com/files/2009/07/award.jpg

_Oro_
10-19-2010, 05:04 AM
Awesome come back by Lloyd:

“You just can’t believe it, because you want to have a shot,” receiver Brandon Lloyd (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6460/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6460/news) said. “You want to have a shot to at least throw the ball up and see if we can get a P.I.”

_Oro_
10-19-2010, 05:05 AM
Douchiness from LT... who would have thought:

“At first, we couldn’t win here when I was with the Chargers,” Tomlinson said. “We went on a streak where every year we lost here. Eventually that turned around. Now, it seems like I can’t lose here. I guess it’s how it works out.”

Broncomutt
10-19-2010, 05:43 AM
I wonder why, when we had the ball last, we didn't just heave it up and wait for a PI call of our own?

Oh yeah, we couldn't execute a simple shotgun snap. :hitself:

Wish we still had Hochuli on our payroll! ~Popps~

shakenbake
10-19-2010, 05:55 AM
quite crying....

That One Guy
10-19-2010, 06:02 AM
The only thing worse than them boasting like idiots is the fanbase that continues to whine about a call in which a player grabbed a facemask and then got called on it.

Oh the travesty!

chex
10-19-2010, 06:03 AM
Reading those quotes makes me mad.

Mad at the Broncos for allowing it to even happen.

shakenbake
10-19-2010, 06:15 AM
The only thing worse than them boasting like idiots is the fanbase that continues to whine about a call in which a player grabbed a facemask and then got called on it.

Oh the travesty!

Exactly, you guys sounds like little babies....whaaa he give us no respect.

What did Dawkins say, respect is not given you have to take it!

jhns
10-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Exactly, you guys sounds like little babies....whaaa he give us no respect.

You are on the mane. This isn't a new thing.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-19-2010, 06:31 AM
Holmes should go out and put a picture of his dingus on the Internet again.

Los Broncos
10-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Douchiness from LT... who would have thought:

“At first, we couldn’t win here when I was with the Chargers,” Tomlinson said. “We went on a streak where every year we lost here. Eventually that turned around. Now, it seems like I can’t lose here. I guess it’s how it works out.”

I cant stand LT.

bronco militia
10-19-2010, 08:16 AM
the Broncos are .500 at home since the 2006 season....LT is right

DenverBrit
10-19-2010, 08:17 AM
Had they taken care of business in the first qtr, that play would have meant nothing more than a last minute touchdown to keep the score close.

I hope the team bounces back quicker than some of the fanbase. ;D

baja
10-19-2010, 08:22 AM
We could so easily be 4 & 2

Old Dude
10-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Spilt milk.

Stick your fingers in the receiver's facemask and you are going get called.

Popps
10-19-2010, 09:27 AM

Seriously.

I mean, I think teams can always sort of make this kind of statement... but at very least you have to feel like we should be .500.

Oh well, some bounces and breaks are due to come our way in the 2nd half of the season.

JUST FINISH STRONG. Playoffs or not, just finish strong!

Archer81
10-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Spilt milk.

Stick your fingers in the receiver's facemask and you are going get called.

The fingers in the facemask did not interfere with Holmes ability to make a catch. He was sitting on his ass for christ sake...

But **** happens.

:Broncos:

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Who cares what Homles thinks. If it wasn't for football he'd be chipping rocks with other rocks. Get some perspective. He's criminal that can play football. He doesn't matter.

Hogan11
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
I've always heard Karma is a baitch....time to see some proof of that. Mr. Holmes is a good place to start IMHO.

chickennob2
10-19-2010, 12:03 PM
The fingers in the facemask did not interfere with Holmes ability to make a catch. He was sitting on his ass for christ sake...

But **** happens.

The even better point: where hill made contact with the facemask was on the exact opposite side of Holmes's head from the ref who made the call. He didn't see the facemask, he just saw a receiver on his ass and threw a flag. He got bailed out.

Garcia Bronco
10-19-2010, 12:48 PM
The even better point: where hill made contact with the facemask was on the exact opposite side of Holmes's head from the ref who made the call. He didn't see the facemask, he just saw a receiver on his ass and threw a flag. He got bailed out.

Except his head gets jerked back.

Archer81
10-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Except his head gets jerked back.

Pshhh I say. The call was horrible. The ref threw the flag because of the contact hill made after Holmes was sitting on his ass when both dudes were looking at the ****ing ball, not for sticking a pinkie in Holmes facemask.

However, it never should have come down to some jackass ref making a bad call in a tight game full of bad calls.

ZONA
10-19-2010, 07:59 PM
I could care less about what Holmes thinks. I'm just pissed we threw away a great chance to win that game. That was absolutely horrible technique by Hill. He was trailing and face guarding, he should have just stayed with that technique and kept his body control. Turning around for the ball is where he lost sense of the defender and ball. At least staying with the faceguard position, he would not have lost sense of the WR position. Just throw those hands up when you see the WR throw his up.

Broncomutt
10-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Pshhh I say. The call was horrible. The ref threw the flag because of the contact hill made after Holmes was sitting on his ass when both dudes were looking at the ****ing ball, not for sticking a pinkie in Holmes facemask.

So you're saying the refs were afraid to make an "offensive" pass interference call?

I agree, very little precedent for that.

Archer81
10-19-2010, 09:30 PM
So you're saying the refs were afraid to make an "offensive" pass interference call?

I agree, very little precedent for that.

I think the refs were overeager to make calls even if there was no infraction. Was what happened to Holmes interference? No. If anything it should have been called a personal foul and the jets get a 1st down and 15 yards.

Quoydogs
10-19-2010, 09:49 PM

Oh the travesty!

Not that I have bitched about it but you said it. He grabbed his face mask. Should have been a face mask penalty 15yards and a 1st down.

extralife
10-19-2010, 10:08 PM
he's a talented receiver--why shouldn't he think he'd make the catch?

ZachKC
10-19-2010, 10:15 PM

It is called the NFL.