PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Boller at QB for the Raiders this week? El Oh El.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Campbell vs. Gradkowski, again
1:57
PM ET
Jason Campbell | Raiders
TopEmail

Leading up to their Week 6 Bay Area showdown with the San Francisco 49ers, the Oakland Raiders had a slight QB conundrum on their hands, albeit one that was solved by the injury to Bruce Gradkowski. Unfortunately, Jason Campbell had one of the worst games of his professional career (see Bill Barnwell's notes on that below), possibly ruining any positive momentum he had gained from the week before.

Not only that, but Campbell has told Kate Longworth of CSN Bay Area that he sprained his knee during the first half of Sunday's game, and will undergo an MRI Monday to determine the extent of the damage.

Tom Cable indicated after the game that he did not consider replacing Campbell with Kyle Boller -- the No. 2 on Sunday because of Gradkowski's injury -- but depending on the health of the two men ahead of him, Boller may be forced into action in the future.

- Tim Kavanagh

Football Outsiders
Not a game for the highlight reel
"Let's break down Campbell's day by quarter. After a ticky-tack 46-yard defensive pass interference penalty to start the game, Campbell went 5-of-7 to finish the first quarter. Not bad. In the second quarter, he went 0-for-4 with an interception. About as bad as you can get. In the third quarter, he got an incomplete grade because he didn't throw a single pass. The Raiders only ran three offensive plays, taking a 10-yard penalty in the process. Campbell did his part with a seven-yard scramble on third-and-long, ending the drive quickly. In the fourth quarter, he missed an open Louis Murphy deep by about a foot for what would have been a 98-yard touchdown, but then he completed a pass to Zach Miller that bounced off of a 49ers' linebacker's hands and into Miller's. The incompletion was a much more impressive and positive throw than the completion. After that play, Campbell was 1-of-6 for seven yards with another pick and a fumble on a sack. That's three potential turnovers (the Raiders recovered the fumble) on 24 dropbacks against a mediocre pass defense." - Bill Barnwell

Los Broncos
10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
How many TD's will he throw this weekend? will he look like an all pro?

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
the broncos lost the last two Raider home games to Jamarcus ****ing Russel

DomCasual
10-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Didn't Kyle Boller beat us when he played for the Ravens a few years ago?

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 12:33 PM

in B-more only

azbroncfan
10-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Jamarcus Russel only ever looked good against Denver. Enough said.

go_broncos
10-18-2010, 01:07 PM
I will not make fun of any QB after the way we lost to Russell.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
I will. Boller blows.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-18-2010, 01:23 PM
God, this is going to sound cracked, but in the past couple years we played a game against a team starting a QB for the first time (it was a very similar sitch) and said QB came and kicked our ass...who was it?

Beantown Bronco
10-18-2010, 01:34 PM
God, this is going to sound cracked, but in the past couple years we played a game against a team starting a QB for the first time (it was a very similar sitch) and said QB came and kicked our ass...who was it?

Not in the last two years at least.

Smiling Assassin27
10-18-2010, 01:49 PM

Yes, and Jason Cambell beat us last year as well in the infamouse Chris Simms ( who the f*** wanted him to start, again?) game.

Beantown Bronco
10-18-2010, 02:11 PM

Are you sure about this or just thinking it might have happened? I just went through the game reports for all of our losses for the last 4 years and didn't see any such game.

LRtagger
10-18-2010, 02:31 PM
In 08 Damon Huard started for the Chefs when they whooped our ass. It wasnt his first start or anything, but he was a scrub.

Also in 07 Josh McCown started for the Raiders and threw 3 TDs to beat us. Again, not his first start, but come on...Josh McCown.

Kyle Boller is on par with both those guys.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
You can get all worried about Boller coming in and repeating history.

I'm going to be over here saying that Boller is a 3rd string scrub and this Denver team will atone for letting that Jets game get away from them. Broncos romp.

go_broncos
10-18-2010, 02:49 PM
You can get all worried about Boller coming in and repeating history.

I'm going to be over here saying that Boller is a 3rd string scrub and this Denver team will atone for letting that Jets game get away from them. Broncos romp.

It will be close with Denver winning the game..

baja
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Yes, and Jason Cambell beat us last year as well in the infamouse Chris Simms ( who the **** wanted him to start, again?) game.

Phil Simms & BroncoBuff

SonOfLe-loLang
10-18-2010, 03:13 PM
Are you sure about this or just thinking it might have happened? I just went through the game reports for all of our losses for the last 4 years and didn't see any such game.

Who started for the raiders last year when Russell came in for that final drive? I tink thats the game im thinking of.

BigPlayShay
10-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Who started for the raiders last year when Russell came in for that final drive? I tink thats the game im thinking of.

Charlie Frye.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Charlie Frye.

Thats what im thinking of, thanks

Rabb
10-18-2010, 03:18 PM

god damnit

Beantown Bronco
10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Frye was 9 of 17 for 68 yds, 0 TDs and 1 INT.

I wouldn't exactly call that an ass-kicking by said QB, but that's just me.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Frye was 9 of 17 for 68 yds, 0 TDs and 1 INT.

I wouldn't exactly call that an ass-kicking by said QB, but that's just me.

yeah, i realized that when i remembered who it was, but the point was people were all OMG CHARLIE FRYE SO GONNA WIN LULZ and we lost.

gtown
10-18-2010, 04:01 PM
How many TD's will he throw this weekend? will he look like an all pro?

These are the right questions to be asking. We have made it a habit of letting marginal QBs look great against us.

supermanhr9
10-18-2010, 04:02 PM
It will be a tragedy if Kyle effing Boller puts up good #'s against us,,, an effing tragedy.

supermanhr9
10-18-2010, 04:03 PM
I say we let Tebow throw a couple to Orton, I think he was uncovered everytime. Good for at least 5 yards ya?

Los Broncos
10-18-2010, 04:03 PM
These are the right questions to be asking. We have made it a habit of letting marginal QBs look great against us.

We need to bring the pressure, mostly in the second half.

I don't want to see him standing around back there picking us apart.

DenverBroncosJM
10-18-2010, 04:17 PM
We could always try the wildly successful Left Tackle screen

DomCasual
10-18-2010, 06:20 PM
Boller's wife:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LPv9L6sy5c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2LPv9L6sy5c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

UberBroncoMan
10-18-2010, 06:23 PM
Just once, just once I'd like to see us face **** our opponent to death with a 40+ to 10 score.

extralife
10-18-2010, 07:40 PM
In 08 Damon Huard started for the Chefs when they whooped our ass. It wasnt his first start or anything, but he was a scrub.

Also in 07 Josh McCown started for the Raiders and threw 3 TDs to beat us. Again, not his first start, but come on...Josh McCown.

Kyle Boller is on par with both those guys.

Don't forget the Brady Quinn game!

(we did manage to win that one, though)