PDA

View Full Version : Is Josh playing with fire using Tebow?

Pages : [1] 2

Taco John
10-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Yesterday, I was pumped about how tough the team played, but this morning after having a night to stew on things, I felt the sore sting of the missed opportunity. I woke up wondering why it's only now that we're seeing Tebow integrated into the offense - and what changed in Josh's mind that this went from being "a really stupid idea" to being red zone money. And then I wonder, "can we keep this up all season where Tebow never throws the ball, but is used as a runner in red zone situations?" I would think that would put him in some danger because everyone will key on him. But the minute Tebow throws a touchdown, the quarterback controversey powderkeg will ignite. I can't help but think that Josh is playing with fire here.

I'm very much looking forward to his press conference this week.

Rohirrim
10-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Given our red zone game lately, I was thinking that Josh gave Tebow a couple of plays to get acclimated, knowing that he was going to give him a shot if it got down to being inside the ten. Then they did. Josh gave Tebow a shot. And it worked! Would I trust Tebow to move the team down the field the way Orton can? Nope.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-18-2010, 09:55 AM
I don't think that's necessarily true. Tebow will throw a touchdown pass sooner rather than later, and will still be used in spot duty. He's still young, still struggles reading defenses, and needs to get more aware of his pocket. This stuff will come in time.

But you don't bench Orton when he's playing as well as he is. That's just goofy.

Meck77
10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Dude I hate to over simplify your thread but tebow is a rookie and it's only week 6. Orton has been getting his job done. Meanwhile Jackasses like cutler have been stinking up the field for years. Tebow is going to get his.

Archer81
10-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Well you know...God appeared to Moses as a fire that did not consume. So in a way, yes. Tebow is that fire.

I like the head games Tebow presents to D-coordinators. Kid can pass, too and eventually a big pass play will result as teams think our tendency will be to just run Tebow on an option or up the middle.

Jump pass b****es.

:Broncos:

Binkythefrog
10-18-2010, 10:02 AM
What will make Tebow effective as a thrower (hopefully) is the threat to run if he decides not to throw. Hopefully that run option will allow McD to simplify his pass reads so he pretty looks at one/two receivers and if covered runs.

It might be a rollout, but I'm curious to see how that now iconic jump pass play would work in the pros (I don't think it would work).

What seperates Tebow I think from Vick and Young (othe rmobile quarterbacks) is that Tebow looks comfortable running between the tackles. So he's not just a threat outside the tackle box and in open space, but a threat to get a few tough yards inside. In yesterday's game, I saw him shrug off a couple tackles, tackles I think other QB's wouldn't be strong enough to take on and break.

TonyR
...I wonder, "can we keep this up all season where Tebow never throws the ball, but is used as a runner in red zone situations?"

I think they need to add some wrinkles in order for it to be more consistently effective. Imagine if they add the thread of Tebow passing how much it could possibly open things up.

Also, I mostly disagree with the premise that using Tebow is "playing with fire". It's trying to win football games.

CEH
I was waiting for some type of pass yesterday but I think right now the only pass he were to attempt would be a doule pass to Orton if the right defense is in place. Brad Smith basically did the same thing yesterday for NYJ with Sanchez staying in the game. Ran it from the shotgun .

What I found really odd was on the last drive 1st and 10 at the 35 Josh brought in Tebow to run it up the gut for 5 yards taking the momentum of the drive away it seemed. Strange time to insert Tebow unless they thought a specific play would be there.

~Crash~
10-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Taco is kind of headed in another direction I believe.

Goobzilla
10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Have your best 11 (9 on ST's apparently) on the field for the situation you're in, feelings be damned.

Mediator12
Nope, it's called playing your cards. You use some cards sometimes and not others. This is simply another card in his hand to play and make DC's do some extra work during game weeks.

The only way its a problem is if the OM thinks it is ;D Uh, OH!

tsiguy96
mcdaniels said its a dumb idea to use tebow in that role. SAID.

hes a coach. they dont tell the truth. im about 90% sure he planned on using tebow in red zone packages at some point, and broncos needed this game. it worked great, and will continue to work great i imagine.

TotallyScrewed
10-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Yesterday, I was pumped about how tough the team played, but this morning after having a night to stew on things, I felt the sore sting of the missed opportunity. I woke up wondering why it's only now that we're seeing Tebow integrated into the offense - and what changed in Josh's mind that this went from being "a really stupid idea" to being red zone money. And then I wonder, "can we keep this up all season where Tebow never throws the ball, but is used as a runner in red zone situations?" I would think that would put him in some danger because everyone will key on him. But the minute Tebow throws a touchdown, the quarterback controversey powderkeg will ignite. I can't help but think that Josh is playing with fire here.

I just kept waiting for them to actually fake the run and have Tim throw the ball (backwards) to Orton. Maybe that's a week or two away.

azbroncfan
10-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Next up will be the jump pass.

Beantown Bronco
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
It might be a rollout, but I'm curious to see how that now iconic jump pass play would work in the pros (I don't think it would work).

I remember Culpepper doing this on a few occasions when they got inside the 5 yard line. I honestly can't remember a single time it didn't work.

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 10:09 AM
TJ

the Broncos are 2-4 and in last place. At this point it doesn't matter if Kyle Orton gets his feelings hurt.

Archer81
10-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Tebow is the future. If he wasnt, Orton would have gotten more then a 1 year extension. I also dont believe McDaniels is going to start Tebow simply because of a single pass over Orton.

bronco0608
Josh blew his load this week. He was saving Tebow like he was saving Knowshon in the wildcat last year for the Patriots kind of thing. He wanted this game bad. So he pulled out all the stops: onside kick, Tebow in the wildbronco or whatever, wink blitzing more-often. I mean, every trick in the book he did it -- and we still lost.

Tebow was effective this week, but next? There is game film on him, won't be a suprise to anyone, and therefore less effective.

We should have won that game, but it sucks. We DO EVERYTHING, play at home in all orange, special plays, special packages, more emotion, and we still lost at home. Now that is disappointing.

Beantown Bronco
What I found really odd was on the last drive 1st and 10 at the 35 Josh brought in Tebow to run it up the gut for 5 yards taking the momentum of the drive away it seemed.

We've been averaging like negative 3 yards a carry and all of a sudden a 5 yard run took away momentum? I can name more than one RB on this team that would kill for a 5 yard run right about now.....

Archer81
10-18-2010, 10:11 AM
TJ

the Broncos are 2-4 and in last place. At this point it doesn't matter if Kyle Orton gets his feelings hurt.

Technically a 3 way tie for 2nd.

So...

chex
10-18-2010, 10:11 AM

I don't think Josh ever thought it was "a really stupid idea"; rather I think he didn't want to give opposing teams any inkling to even plan for such a scenario. If we're going to do it, then I want to see more of it, and as was mentioned earlier, eventually he will have to pass out of that set to make his appearances more effective.

His running doesn't concern me any more than any other QB doing it, since if Tebow was actually starting, his running would be included in the playbook anyway. And regardless if he throws touchdowns, let's remember that these are very specific, customized plays he's running. He's not running an entire offense and making snap decisions up and down the field. So to answer the original question, no, I don't think we're playing with fire.

chex
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Josh blew his load this week. He was saving Tebow like he was saving Knowshon in the wildcat last year for the Patriots kind of thing. He wanted this game bad. So he pulled out all the stops: onside kick, Tebow in the wildbronco or whatever, wink blitzing more-often. I mean, every trick in the book he did it -- and we still lost.

Tebow was effective this week, but next? There is game film on him, won't be a suprise to anyone, and therefore less effective.

We should have won that game, but it sucks. We DO EVERYTHING, play at home in all orange, special plays, special packages, more emotion, and we still lost at home. Now that is disappointing.

So then we should just cut Tebow, and keep playing Orton, since no one has film on him.

BigPlayShay
I am assuming that because the Jets face the Dolphins twice a year that Josh felt comfortable in putting in the WildJesus as he knows how the Jets try to defend formations like that.

Same reason we only saw a lot of WildHoreses against the Pats last year.

Rulon Velvet Jones

If they wanted film on what he does, they can go back to his college career. This game didn't ruin his chances of succeeding.

CEH
10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
We've been averaging like negative 3 yards a carry and all of a sudden a 5 yard run took away momentum? I can name more than one RB on this team that would kill for a 5 yard run right about now.....

It was two runs up the gut for 5 yards total. Sorry but that is not creative play calling with the game in doubt and played right into the JETs strength for 3rd and 5

Do something different with Tebow. and where did 145 yards rushing come from if we were averaging negative yard. Slowshown just ripped off a 14 yard run to start the drive.

Quoydogs
10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I think we need to start using both of them. I said this in another thread but I will put it here also.

Orton is a between the 20's QB. He treats the red zone no differently then if he was on his own 40 yard line.

Tebow on the other hand finds the end zone to be some kinda drug. He is an addict and needs it and must find away to get it. However I don't think there is anyway that Tebow can move the ball as well as Orton between the 20's at this point.

I really think if we get him involved more in the red zone good things will come.

SouthStndJunkie
10-18-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm for whatever gives us the best chance to pick up first downs, put the ball in the end zone, and win football games.

broncosteven
10-18-2010, 10:21 AM
It was two runs up the gut for 5 yards total. Sorry but that is not creative play calling with the game in doubt and played right into the JETs strength for 3rd and 5

Do something different with Tebow. and where did 145 yards rushing come from if we were averaging negative yard. Slowshown just ripped off a 14 yard run to start the drive.

and fumbled, then sat in the doghouse until the end of the 1st half. Knowgain actually was avg 4 YPC and would have gone well over 50 yards for the day if he didn't fumble and get put in the dog house.

The run game really didn't spark until the Royal pitch and the Tebow dives to me it looked like the OL got some confidence watching ball carriers make guys miss and gain chunks of yardage. This could have been knowgain's break out day if he didn't fumble on his 1st carry.

broncosteven
10-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I am still confused as to why mCd would say using Tebow at the goaline was a stupid idea one week then use it a couple weeks later. If his plan was to get teams off the scent then ooookay... but it really didn't work because teams account for the Wildcat anyway these days.

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Next up will be the jump pass.

A jump pass to Thomas over a 5'-5" corner would be unstoppable.......

jhns
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
I think we should play Tebow now. He is already proving to be better than Orton in the red zone and it wouldn't hurt to see if he can be good late in games. We could have won some of these games if we had an offense that could score on the last drive. Even the horrible Cutler has don't this a couple times this season. Orton just doesn't get it done when it matters the most.

TheReverend
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
I am still confused as to why mCd would say using Tebow at the goaline was a stupid idea one week then use it a couple weeks later. If his plan was to get teams off the scent then ooookay... but it really didn't work because teams account for the Wildcat anyway these days.

Sounds like one of those cartoons where the henchmen suggests something and the boss is like "That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard," and then is like "Wait a minute... I've got a plan..."

broncosteven
10-18-2010, 10:26 AM
Oh I forgot to add that mCd said in the post game presser that the Jets were willing to leave the same packages out there on D where as the Jag's matched players man for man so he used Tebow more vs Jets because he liked the personell matchups.

Still doesn't explain why mCd said we would not see Tebow running plays at all this year a couple weeks ago only to trot him out yesterday. Just explains why we saw him on back to back plays.

broncosteven
10-18-2010, 10:28 AM
Sounds like one of those cartoons where the henchmen suggests something and the boss is like "That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard," and then is like "Wait a minute... I've got a plan..."

The sad thing is the Henchman was a chick ither Josina or Laren(?) not sure of the other sports writers name but pretty sure it starts with an L.

CEH
and fumbled, then sat in the doghouse until the end of the 1st half. Knowgain actually was avg 4 YPC and would have gone well over 50 yards for the day if he didn't fumble and get put in the dog house.

The run game really didn't spark until the Royal pitch and the Tebow dives to me it looked like the OL got some confidence watching ball carriers make guys miss and gain chunks of yardage. This could have been knowgain's break out day if he didn't fumble on his 1st carry.

I'm talking specifically the last drive not the first drive

Royal sitting out the 2nd half didn't help either

bronco militia
Josh has to come up with some crazy **** to counter his awful playcalling

broncosteven
A jump pass to Thomas over a 5'-5" corner would be unstoppable.......

Maybe mCd will think it is a great idea in week 16

Dagmar
10-18-2010, 10:34 AM
He is an NFL head coach. Why in Tebows name do you think he'd telegraph his plays in ****ing press conferences??

gyldenlove
10-18-2010, 10:35 AM
One thing you have to consider is that what you see on the field with Mcdaniels is never the whole story. In week 1 he was in there on a few plays and either ran himself or handed it off. Then he disappears completely for 4 weeks, only to return and play several plays including some never before seen option runs. I think it almost a certainty that at some point he will be in there again and instead of mostly runs it will be mostly passes.

Mcdaniels is not going to give away everything in 1 game, in fact he is most likely only using a limited set of plays to open up the other plays more.

Have anyone noticed how we did not use any screen or smoke routes yesterday? is that a coincidence? I think right now the Raiders have a lot of new things to prepare for, so don't be surprised to see screens feature next week and not a lot of Tebow rushing.

Just like Brad Smith gives the Jets some unique options, Tebow right now gives us some options, other teams have to honor these now, but we don't have to use them. By having as many different looks and options open as possible, you are forcing the opposing defense to prepare for so many things, you are hoping they are not going to be fully prepared and then you take advantage.

TonyR
10-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Is it fair to say at this point that if this thread included a poll it would be 100% no to the OP question? Are there any yays out there in this sea of nays?

TotallyScrewed
10-18-2010, 10:47 AM
I'm talking specifically the last drive not the first drive

Royal sitting out the 2nd half didn't help either

I just question the play calling when it's likely the Broncos last drive and it ends in a field goal (which wasn't a sure thing...) when their defense hadn't been really stopping the Jets. THEY (THE BRONCOS) WERE MOVING THE BALL. They really needed to believe in a touchdown and eschew anything less. Throwing away a play or two on Tebow runs for a total of 5-6 yards was pathetic. Personally, I would have been happier with an incomplete pass...at least they'd have shown me that they wanted to give themselves the best chance to win. Tebow's runs up the middle hadn't really been exciting to that point.

The Broncos seem to run to try to prove that they might try it...not that they have that as an actual weapon in the arsenal.

baja
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
Yesterday, I was pumped about how tough the team played, but this morning after having a night to stew on things, I felt the sore sting of the missed opportunity. I woke up wondering why it's only now that we're seeing Tebow integrated into the offense - and what changed in Josh's mind that this went from being "a really stupid idea" to being red zone money. And then I wonder, "can we keep this up all season where Tebow never throws the ball, but is used as a runner in red zone situations?" I would think that would put him in some danger because everyone will key on him. But the minute Tebow throws a touchdown, the quarterback controversy powderkeg will ignite. I can't help but think that Josh is playing with fire here.

This thinking is akin to artificial insemination to induce pregnancy and deliver a quarterback controversy.

Something we do not need and that is the reason Josh in moving very cautiously on inserting Tebow in the game plan and good on him for doing so. The last thing we need is a divided locker room or Orton turning into 06 Plummer.

chex
10-18-2010, 10:58 AM
He is an NFL head coach. Why in Tebows name do you think he'd telegraph his plays in ****ing press conferences??

Seriously.

Why is it even being brought up?

IHaveALight
10-18-2010, 11:04 AM

As I recall McDanials never said using Tebow in the redzone was stupid.
What he said was using him to convert 3rd and short was stupid.

cabronco
10-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I just question the play calling when it's likely the Broncos last drive and it ends in a field goal (which wasn't a sure thing...) when their defense hadn't been really stopping the Jets. THEY (THE BRONCOS) WERE MOVING THE BALL. They really needed to believe in a touchdown and eschew anything less. Throwing away a play or two on Tebow runs for a total of 5-6 yards was pathetic. Personally, I would have been happier with an incomplete pass...at least they'd have shown me that they wanted to give themselves the best chance to win. Tebow's runs up the middle hadn't really been exciting to that point.

The Broncos seem to run to try to prove that they might try it...not that they have that as an actual weapon in the arsenal.

Ya this is pretty much what I was thinking too. I thought it was a bad time and spot on the field to run Tebow up the middle. Sure it was fun to see TT on the field, but I'd rather see those type plays in the red zone. We needed to pick up more yardage with what we do best, and thats passing the ball. People were thinking this was a set up to a Tebow pass later, but seeing Orton lined up at WR indicated to me, we sure werent going to pass it to him. He's slower than slow, that gets lucky once in a great while when he does run. Heck if McD going to throw in the tebow mix, then sell it like Tim's a threat to run or pass by using actual wr's and pull Orton off the field.

broncocalijohn
10-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Well you know...God appeared to Moses as a fire that did not consume. So in a way, yes. Tebow is that fire.

I like the head games Tebow presents to D-coordinators. Kid can pass, too and eventually a big pass play will result as teams think our tendency will be to just run Tebow on an option or up the middle.

Jump pass b****es.

Josh's head games should have been coming a lot sooner like week 2 or 3. Of course you use him now. We have a chance to win this division and if our option (pun intended) is using a guy that can run, handoff or pass to "confuse" the defense, then by all means use him. I am not sure if he is a #2 or #3 QB right now but with his ability to be able to do the 3 things mentioned, he has to be activated every week. I think Josh wants to just get a few plays in his head as we basically saw two different options for Tebow. Next up will be a slant pass or screen. He has him on baby steps but I wish these steps kicked in like this Jets game vs Seattle or Colts game.

Still a stupid quote by Josh. Tebow is the perfect weapon on 3rd and short when you have trouble converting the conventional way.

Beantown Bronco
10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
.....and if our option (pun intended) is using a guy that can run, handoff or pass to "confuse" the defense, then by all means use him. I am not sure if he is a #2 or #3 QB right now but with his ability to be able to do the 3 things mentioned, he has to be activated every week.

Damn. He only has 3 tools?!?

Why not get Hillis back? At least he has 5 tools.......so I've been told. :)

colonelbeef
10-18-2010, 11:37 AM
McDaniels is playing with fire fielding the terrible offense he currently has designed- anything he can do to add yards and points has to be considered. If Tebow helps the Broncos get in the end zone, so be it.

TheReverend
10-18-2010, 11:43 AM

Because everyone's known it's been coming since draft day anyways?

lostknight
10-18-2010, 11:44 AM

Josh is absolutely playing with fire, and risking a major QB controversy. But frankly, he has done everything he can to spark such a controversy since day one of last off-season.

I really honestly believe that Josh is planning on sooner or later introducing a true platoon system for QBs. Blasphemy some will say. But let's look at a few realistic points. The NFL has continued to transition to a massively pass oriented system - by restricting what DBs can do to WRs, by all the protection for QBs, and the practice of both fast DEs and huge LTs. To take advantage of different looks, a mix of different types of RBs has been needed. I think a similar thing will be needed for QBs. Accurate, smart, relatively stationary analytic QBs for the drive between the 20s, and fast, mobile and accurate QBs in the red zone, where time and pressure don't give you space to sit back and pick apart a defense and where mobility is a must to extend plays.

Kyle Orton, in this system, is great between the 20s, but has had issues more often then not with red zone efficiency. I don't think that's going away any time soon - You can overcome the lack of pure athleticism sometimes - anyone who has ever seen Tom Brady with his shirt off knows that - but sometimes you have to scramble to the outside to get it done.

Can Tim Tebow do it all? Quite possibly. Remember that we run the spread offense, and he is unquestionably statistically the greatest college spread QB . But there is a second reason to have QBs. Just like Running Backs, QB's have off days. The difference is, when a RB has a off-day chances are there is another one to spell him for a bit. When a QB has a off day, like yesterday, there is not much you can do.

bowtown
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM

Exactly. He said:

"Snapping the ball to a shotgun quarterback on third-and-1? If we can't get a third-and-1 some other way, we've got bigger problems," McDaniels said.

"We're not going to do that in short yardage," McDaniels said. "People who mention that, I don't know, that's ridiculous."

I don't really see where the contradiction is.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 11:47 AM

It's already happened a couple of times this year, by other quarterbacks.

What seperates Tebow I think from Vick and Young (othe rmobile quarterbacks) is that Tebow looks comfortable running between the tackles.]

What separates him from Vick and Young is that he was a insanely accurate QB with a sky-high YPA (yards per passing attempt) and a all time low interceptions per passing attempt.

Oh, and he can run.

chex
10-18-2010, 11:52 AM
I really think some are making way too much out of this. Teams usually don't bench veteran QB's with a 94 passer rating for a rookie QB, regardless of what he does. QB is the very least of our problems right now.

TonyR
10-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Josh is absolutely playing with fire, and risking a major QB controversy. But frankly, he has done everything he can to spark such a controversy since day one of last off-season.

I love the negative spin. What would you suggest he do differently? Don't draft a QB of the future? Don't insert him in game situations where he can make some positive plays? Playing with fire. What a drama queen.

Popps
10-18-2010, 11:59 AM
I woke up wondering why it's only now that we're seeing Tebow integrated into the offense - and what changed in Josh's mind that this went from being "a really stupid idea" to being red zone money. .

Can someone pull the quote. I could swear he was referring to the idea of Tebow being lined up as a tailback, not a QB.

Anyway, regardless of any coach-speak... it's clearly a good idea. He makes positive yardage and gives teams something else to worry about. I can't think of any downside to it, provided we're doing it in moderation and at the right times.

EDIT: Strike first part of post. Already been cleared up.

TonyR
10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Can someone pull the quote.

See post #51 above.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 12:12 PM
I love the negative spin. What would you suggest he do differently? Don't draft a QB of the future? Don't insert him in game situations where he can make some positive plays? Playing with fire. What a drama queen.

**** off, the opening question is if McDaniels was playing with fire. If you don't like that question, go troll Taco, and leave me alone.

Arsehole.

TonyR
10-18-2010, 12:20 PM
**** off, the opening question is if McDaniels was playing with fire. If you don't like that question, go troll Taco, and leave me alone.

In other words you cannot answer the questions I asked you. Now go put a band-aid on that boo-boo.

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 12:20 PM

careful Tony......this post may upset Jake Plummer fans :D

Bronco Yoda
10-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I want to see Tebow fire one in on Orton for a TD!

Do It! Doooo it! DO IT!

http://cdn0.mattters.com/photos/photos/2878788/196217268_1703431390_amc-mp-starsky-hutch-benowen.jpg

Rohirrim
10-18-2010, 12:22 PM
If Josh keeps using Tebow in Red Zone situations, shouldn't his title be changed to Relief QB?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-18-2010, 12:25 PM

Theres game film on him so he will be less effective? Theres 10 years of game film on Peyton Manning, is he less effective?

Taco John
10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
I love the idea, myself. But I believe the more we see of Tebow, the more restless the fans will be to see more. I would not be suprised at all if at some point this season, Orton walks out to boos at home because the stadium wants Tebow out there.

baja
10-18-2010, 12:27 PM
Ya this is pretty much what I was thinking too. I thought it was a bad time and spot on the field to run Tebow up the middle. Sure it was fun to see TT on the field, but I'd rather see those type plays in the red zone. We needed to pick up more yardage with what we do best, and thats passing the ball. People were thinking this was a set up to a Tebow pass later, but seeing Orton lined up at WR indicated to me, we sure werent going to pass it to him. He's slower than slow, that gets lucky once in a great while when he does run. Heck if McD going to throw in the tebow mix, then sell it like Tim's a threat to run or pass by using actual wr's and pull Orton off the field.

I think by keeping Orton on the field they could even use the emergency QB without causing Orton to be not allowed to play qb again due to the rules on that.

Bronco Yoda
10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Damn. He only has 3 tools?!?

Why not get Hillis back? At least he has 5 tools.......so I've been told. :)

Sshhhhhhhhh. We can't let Josh in on the other tools Tebow has just yet or he'll can his ass. McD can't handle that many tools all at once.

TDmvp
10-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Considering the #'s Orton has put up this season , If someone calls for Tebow to start after his FIRST td pass they are Fing delusional and knee jerks does not equal a real controversy.

I like Tebow and all but come on , I don't even think Josh is that stupid .

Mediator12
10-18-2010, 12:49 PM
I love the idea, myself. But I believe the more we see of Tebow, the more restless the fans will be to see more. I would not be suprised at all if at some point this season, Orton walks out to boos at home because the stadium wants Tebow out there.

So. The DEN fans have already crucified him prematurely, it is just par for the course for a DEN QB not named Elway.

Fans want Tebow, Yay! Let's let them run the team, Yay! Seriously, this is just more drama that is self created. The Fans in PHI have a QB controversy and a real good one. DEN, just has whiny fans :welcome:

Old Dude
10-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Last year, a case could be made that Orton had a limited skill set at QB.

I think most of us are very pleasantly surprised at his progress in the off-season and I don't think very many Denver fans are stupid enough to see him as the thing that's holding back this offense.

We have a young and inexperienced offensive line, which hasn't had much of a chance to play as a unit. It doesn't help that Moreno has been gimpy all year. It doesn't help that McDaniels is running a pretty complicated offense that changes from week to week and was giving even the veterans some fits.

My worry isn't that Orton will be booed off the field. My worry is that he'll be carried off the field in a stretcher while our line is going through its growing pains. If that happens, then we'll see Tebow sooner than any of us want.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
So. The DEN fans have already crucified him prematurely, it is just par for the course for a DEN QB not named Elway.

Fans want Tebow, Yay! Let's let them run the team, Yay! Seriously, this is just more drama that is self created. The Fans in PHI have a QB controversy and a real good one. DEN, just has whiny fans :welcome:

Now you understand why I'm asking the question. I've had discussions with Broncos friends from back home in Idaho who have been calling for Orton's head (on Facebook) even after he has won games (I've been telling these guys they're idiots, and that Orton is our guy). But they haven't had that much to work with in terms of an argument because Tebow was on the sidelines. But the more Tebow goes in, the more emboldened this type of fan is going to feel.

I got a small taste of that fever this weekend. I don't think that I'd ever be the kind who would boo Orton, but I don't think I'd exactly cry about it if Josh announced tomorrow that we've decided to go with Tebow for the rest of the season. I'd be pretty excited about seeing him develop, actually. That might make me a bad guy, but all I can say is that Tebow is exciting. And here's the other thing: if you'd have asked me last week, I'd have been perfectly satisfied to let Tebow wait two years to develop. Watching him under center in live action flipped a switch in my head though. I just want to see that magnificent beast under center and watch the defense trying to account for him.

Beantown Bronco
10-18-2010, 01:06 PM
That might make me a bad guy, but all I can say is that Tebow is exciting.

Orton's thrown the ball 50 times per game for between 350-400 yds per game on average. He's made some plays with his legs we could only dream of last year.

A QB running up the middle for 3-5 yds and a cloud of dust just doesn't quite register on the same level IMO. I can see where the idea of Tebow is exciting. But the on the field results so far, outside of the TD run obviously, just aren't.

Mediator12
10-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Now you understand why I'm asking the question. I've had discussions with Broncos friends from back home in Idaho who have been calling for Orton's head (on Facebook) even after he has won games (I've been telling these guys they're idiots, and that Orton is our guy). But they haven't had that much to work with in terms of an argument because Tebow was on the sidelines. But the more Tebow goes in, the more emboldened this type of fan is going to feel.

I got a small taste of that fever this weekend. I don't think that I'd ever be the kind who would boo Orton, but I don't think I'd exactly cry about it if Josh announced tomorrow that we've decided to go with Tebow for the rest of the season. I'd be pretty excited about seeing him develop, actually. That might make me a bad guy, but all I can say is that Tebow is exciting. And here's the other thing: if you'd have asked me last week, I'd have been perfectly satisfied to let Tebow wait two years to develop. Watching him under center in live action flipped a switch in my head though. I just want to see that magnificent beast under center and watch the defense trying to account for him.

I see your reasoning, but I am so over fans trying to make rational assesments of football. You would think Tebow had had a few Michael Vick moments in the NFL, but its just a few plays. Potentially exciting I guess, but Peyton Manning went 3-13 his Rookie Year. That is not the kind of excitement I am looking for this year. Neither is the Big Ben or Joe Flacco or Tom Brady type game manager first year exciting.

I want to see DEN win in the short and Long term. If that means sneaking Tebow in on a few Goalline plays to liven things up, go for it. If it means having him start over Orton, um heck NO!

broncosteven
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Exactly. He said:

"Snapping the ball to a shotgun quarterback on third-and-1? If we can't get a third-and-1 some other way, we've got bigger problems," McDaniels said.

"We're not going to do that in short yardage," McDaniels said. "People who mention that, I don't know, that's ridiculous."

I don't really see where the contradiction is.

Didn't he say later in the same presser that we should not expect to see Tebow at all this year in any form? I remember listening to the whole thing but not being able to hear a lot of the questions being asked.

I'm hopped up on on goofballs so maybe I didn't hear it right.

It was nice to see Larsen convert a 3rd an 1...by the nose of the ball but I wouldn't rule out using Tebow on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2. Just about every team with an athletic QB uses a QB draw or sneak. We have a big powerfull QB but he is not going to be used on 3rd down and short? I am guessing we would have got a couple of those 4th down conversions with Tebow under center running a sneak.

ScottXray
10-18-2010, 01:25 PM

No reason for the fans to boo Orton, just cause Tebow is on the roster.
Yesterday Orton played his worst game of the year, but I doubt that is going to be a trend. Jets were hitting him pretty often but most teams don't have the rush that the last three teams we faced have. Hopefully he gets back to form next week.

As to when Tebow actually starts to throw...it will happen when we NEED it and after he has gotten more time in the backfield, and better recognition of the D.

Josh will probably put him in more and more as the season goes on, and when the D KNOWS that he ALWAYS runs, is when Josh will cut the cord and have him Start to Throw. This will frustrate fans but is going to be a normal progression on McDs terms.

Also he needs to get the hand off down better...he looked pretty poor on some plays, and too slow getting the ball to the runner.

For now He does make positive yards and can pound it like none of our other backs. At some point he is going to come in on a third and short....but we have to have a credible run game before that happens.

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 01:30 PM

JesusFingTebow. There are people out there who actually get a ****ing woody thinking about putting Tebow in as the starter.

Armegeddon is upon us. This is just like the plummer/Jaybee saga, only with a twist.

Yesterday everytime "wonderboy" stepped on the field the Tebowmaniacs wouldn't STFU when we had the ball. There has to be a "cold" bench somewhere for his A$$.

Bronco Yoda
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM

Not me. As long as Orton is playing the way he is, you'd have to be retarded to want this. Then again there are a lot of stupid people in this world. McD just needs to get more creative with Tebow.

Jay3
10-18-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't mind admitting I want him in on every play.

footstepsfrom#27
10-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Since when has McDaniels shied away from playing with fire?

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't mind admitting I want him in on every play.

Considering your avatar and implications of limited IQ exhibited by your moniker this isn't a suprising revelation.

There does seem to be a correlation with the Jaybee and Timbow lovers

Jay3
10-18-2010, 01:50 PM
As to the OP, yes I think you're onto something. It will start with chants of "Tebow! Tebow!" every time the Broncos have first and goal inside the 10 yard line. Then they won't shut up.

There's kind of a good luck charm vibe about Tebow, like "rub the tummy, get a touchdown." And it's started all over again when he got a TD the first opportunity he was ever given. The tenor just raises and raises every time he scores.

Meanwhile, Orton's statistics will decrease (because they almost have to, he's passed for so many yards).

I think McD wanted to avoid the drama queen stuff with fans and the media by basically red-shirting Tebow this year. But the Broncos ineffectiveness in the red zone and the run forced his hand. It began to feel like he was being stubborn.

I would put Tebow in every time the Broncos have first and goal at the 10 yard line or closer. The prospect of stopping the Broncos four straight times with Tebow in the backfield is a daunting one, if you're the defense.

Just imagine -- it's first and goal, and you're a defender. You see Tebow trotting in. You heart sinks. You're thinking "We've got to stop him four times, and they can call all kinds of junk when he's in there."

ghwk
10-18-2010, 01:52 PM
It's already happened a couple of times this year, by other quarterbacks.

What separates him from Vick and Young is that he was a insanely accurate QB with a sky-high YPA (yards per passing attempt) and a all time low interceptions per passing attempt.

Oh, and he can run.

None of which has been proven in the pro's. He would look like any other rookie QB if he were under center. His value right now is in his surprise appearances on the field and what he may or may not do.

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Not me. As long as Orton is playing the way he is, you'd have to be retarded to want this. Then again there are a lot of stupid people in this world. McD just needs to get more creative with Tebow.

We are 2-4 with Orton at QB and when you are 2-4 the natives are gonna get restless.....plain and simple. If we are 4-2 we arenít having this conversation. You don't get QB style points in the NFL.

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 01:55 PM
Considering your avatar and implications of limited IQ exhibited by your moniker this isn't a suprising revelation.

the same could be said for the Lefties and their Tebow Hate ;D

Jay3
10-18-2010, 01:55 PM

I know, I know. But you have to understand that, from my perspective, you'll one day be embarrassed to have cast doubt on Tebow, and you will want to forget that you wanted Orton to start.

And you, like many others, will remind people that you always said you "liked" Tebow, and "were rooting for him," and you just meant that Orton was the best option "right now." You'll jump on the bandwagon, and hope it's forgotten that you made fun of people who thought Tebow was a good player in every sense of the word.

Doesn't mean I'm right -- just that I'm not the least bit concerned about being perceived as high on Tebow. It will all be forgotten either way -- when Tebow wins a Super Bowl for the Broncos, or when he washes out.

chex
10-18-2010, 01:59 PM
We are 2-4 with Orton at QB and when you are 2-4 the natives are gonna get restless.....plain and simple. If we are 4-2 we arenít having this conversation. You don't get QB style points in the NFL.

The passing game is the one single thing that has kept us from 0-6. It's also no coincidence that it's been the healthiest unit as well. To say we are 2-4 and pin it on Orton is ridiculous.

footstepsfrom#27
10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
My worry isn't that Orton will be booed off the field. My worry is that he'll be carried off the field in a stretcher while our line is going through its growing pains. If that happens, then we'll see Tebow sooner than any of us want.
This in spades.

Bronco Yoda
10-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Tebow isn't ready yet. Not even close. Can't wait til he is. I'm betting he's going to be special.

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
the same could be said for the Lefties and their Tebow Hate ;D

WTF does political leanins have to do with football. Don't be more of a moron.

I'm ok with putting the rook in every blue moon, but he's not ready for a full time stint behind center unless we want a Jay Replay (interception records).

footstepsfrom#27
10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
I know, I know. But you have to understand that, from my perspective, you'll one day be embarrassed to have cast doubt on Tebow, and you will want to forget that you wanted Orton to start.

And you, like many others, will remind people that you always said you "liked" Tebow, and "were rooting for him," and you just meant that Orton was the best option "right now." You'll jump on the bandwagon, and hope it's forgotten that you made fun of people who thought Tebow was a good player in every sense of the word.

Doesn't mean I'm right -- just that I'm not the least bit concerned about being perceived as high on Tebow. It will all be forgotten either way -- when Tebow wins a Super Bowl for the Broncos, or when he washes out.
Anybody paying attention should be high on Tebow by now.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 02:06 PM
JesusFingTebow. There are people out there who actually get a ****ing woody thinking about putting Tebow in as the starter.

Armegeddon is upon us. This is just like the plummer/Jaybee saga, only with a twist.

Yesterday everytime "wonderboy" stepped on the field the Tebowmaniacs wouldn't STFU when we had the ball. There has to be a "cold" bench somewhere for his A$$.

I was wondering how the fans in the stadium were reacting to him...

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 02:06 PM

Hey brainsurgeon, I'm not casting doubt on what he might do in the future. I am however stating that he's far from being the starter.

If he becomes god gift to football, better for us, but if we start him now, we are doomed.

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
I was wondering how the fans in the stadium were reacting to him...

The smart ones, or the Tebownites?

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 02:07 PM
WTF does political leanins have to do with football. Don't be more of a moron.

I'm ok with putting the rook in every blue moon, but he's not ready for a full time stint behind center unless we want a Jay Replay (interception records).

don't get your panties in wad...just something I've noticed. :D

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Anybody paying attention should be high on Tebow by now.

Why, because his handoffs looked like something you'ld see at the special olympics?

Florida_Bronco
10-18-2010, 02:10 PM
But the minute Tebow throws a touchdown, the quarterback controversey powderkeg will ignite. I can't help but think that Josh is playing with fire here.

Thankfully, Josh isn't going to give a flying **** about public opinion, so let the QB controversy happen.

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 02:12 PM
the Only way Tebow gets a start this year is if Orton gets injured and Quinn has a bad week of practice.

BigPlayShay
10-18-2010, 02:12 PM
This is one of them generate traffic threads.

jhns
10-18-2010, 02:13 PM
If he becomes god gift to football, better for us, but if we start him now, we are doomed.

LOL

We are doomed! The 2-4 Broncos would lose games! Nut here knows! He has seen every practice and even watched NFL games where Tebow played like crap!

This is good entertainment.

Jay3
10-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey brainsurgeon, I'm not casting doubt on what he might do in the future. I am however stating that he's far from being the starter.

It seems odd that if you post that you think Tebow could do well, somebody always posts "Based on what? There's nothing you could be basing that on." (Pretty much setting up the "college means nothing" argument.)

But by the same token, what could you be basing the idea that he's "far from being the starter" and that the Broncos are "doomed" if they play him?

(All of this is a different question altogether than whether he's a better option than Orton. Orton can be lights out good, and it doesn't detract from what Tebow could do).

I think it would be great. I think Tebow is a better quarterback than Sanchez will ever be.

footstepsfrom#27
10-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Why, because his handoffs looked like something you'ld see at the special olympics?
Did you medal? ;D

Taco John
10-18-2010, 02:21 PM
The smart ones, or the Tebownites?

Just in general. What were your observations of the crowd?

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 02:22 PM
The passing game is the one single thing that has kept us from 0-6. It's also no coincidence that it's been the healthiest unit as well. To say we are 2-4 and pin it on Orton is ridiculous.

Read the post..... not pinning the 2-4 record on Orton, I said we are 2-4 with Orton at QB and the natives are restless, that's the facts. We want to see wins not passing statistics.... If Tebow can help put points on the board ......put his ass in the game.

BigPlayShay
10-18-2010, 02:23 PM

They screamed like Bieberites everytime Tebow stepped on the field. In other words dumb fans cheering loudly while the team is on Offense.

errand
10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
But you don't bench Orton when he's playing as well as he is. That's just goofy.

yeah, but you have to realize who you're dealing with here...this is the same guy that wanted a veteran who won 75% of his starts and 3 consecutive playoff appearances benched for a rookie

baja
10-18-2010, 02:26 PM
This is one of them generate traffic threads.

B I N G O

we have a winner.

Popps
10-18-2010, 02:28 PM
They screamed like Bieberites everytime Tebow stepped on the field. In other words dumb fans cheering loudly while the team is on Offense.

I love Tebow's potential. But, you know as soon as Orton has a bad game, ****'s going to hit the fan. The idiots will be out in force, calling for Tebow.

Luckily, McDaniels is an excellent evaluator of QBs and won't futz with the situation until the time is right.

I mean, if Orton plays like this for the next few years... there is absolutely no reason to question the QB position.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 02:29 PM
B I N G O

we have a winner.

We don't need to generate traffic. Traffic isn't a problem whatever.

I think this is a legit topic. I think Tebow is a pandora's box for Josh, and it wasn't until I saw him on the field that I had a full appreciation of what Josh has on his hands with this situation.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I love Tebow's potential. But, you know as soon as Orton has a bad game, ****'s going to hit the fan. The idiots will be out in force, calling for Tebow.

Popps knows what I'm saying.

Hulamau
10-18-2010, 02:31 PM

So what, there's game film on him from 4 years at Florida too.. And there's game film on Orton.. doesnt mean we're gonna run the exact same play with him every time! The runs now are easing him into the game while setting up some nice passes before long. Probably didnt want Tebow to get his first pass experience agaisnt Revis and Cromartie while there are easier fish to fry on the schedule ahead.

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 02:33 PM

Yep, those expensive tickets those dumb fans bought should be taken away for not following the cheering rules...... :notworthy

Taco John
10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Denver fans are fickle - especially when it comes to the QB position. Garcia can back me up on this story because we watched this happen right in front of us at the AFC Championship home game against Pittsburgh. There was this dude sitting right in front of us wearing a Plummer jersey and pair of blue jeans and sunglasses, and this hilarious Jake Plummer beard get up. The dude was dressed as Jake Plummer and getting people around him revved up for the game. It was hilarious. Except that by the third quarter, the guy was shirtless, had the beard stuffed in his back pocket and was the loudest person booing Jake Plummer in our section. I couldn't hardly believe my eyes at the turn around...

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 02:37 PM
Denver fans are fickle - especially when it comes to the QB position. Garcia can back me up on this story because we watched this happen right in front of us at the AFC Championship home game against Pittsburgh. There was this dude sitting right in front of us wearing a Plummer jersey and pair of blue jeans and sunglasses, and this hilarious Jake Plummer beard get up. The dude was dressed as Jake Plummer and getting people around him revved up for the game. It was hilarious. Except that by the third quarter, the guy was shirtless, had the beard stuffed in his back pocket and was the loudest person booing Jake Plummer in our section. I couldn't hardly believe my eyes at the turn around...

I think that was me....

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 02:38 PM

LOL.....sounds typical.

footstepsfrom#27
Denver fans are fickle-...
Fickle? Come down here...I'll show ya fickle.

TailgateNut

about 1/20th of the stadium started roaring when TimBow went in. Every now and then you would hear some idiot scream "put tebow in". Blahblahblah.

BigPlayShay
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Yep, those expensive tickets those dumb fans bought should be taken away for not following the cheering rules...... :notworthy

WildJesus was asking for quiet from the congregation as well, so I have the lord on my side.

footstepsfrom#27
10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Cheering our own guys is dumb now? ???

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 02:42 PM
WildJesus was asking for quiet from the congregation as well, so I have the lord on my side.

Oh, I thought he was was waving at everyone back home.

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 02:43 PM

It is dumb when we have the ball, or are in the huddle. I guess people who don't attend games don't know this.:wiggle:

THE DUMBASSES WERE MAKING A BUNCH OF NOISE!

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM

No, he was trying to fly like an angel.:spit:

BigPlayShay
10-18-2010, 02:44 PM

I think you might be playing Devil's advocate here.

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM

Might of been a wee bit of tongue in Cheek in that post.

Soul-Bronco
10-18-2010, 02:45 PM
A question for some of the more analityical posters. . . . . . . Alot was made by the draft experts about some routes tebow is not able to throw because of his throwing motion, has anyone seen any routes thrown by orton in this offense that tebow would have a hard time completing?

I tell you one thing, i think orton is doing a great job, but alot of those fade routes orton threw yesterday were behind the receiver resulting in an incomplete or the wr having to battle for the ball when already had a step on them. just take the TD to DT, he had to reach back for that ball after blowing away the CB. I think tebow could hit some of those receivers in stride.

PS, there is no way a team who doesnt buy in and believe in their coach, with as many key injuries we have, play with the toughness that we did yesterday. After the botched FG attempt it would have been over if their was any doubt or divison in the locker room. it would have been to easy to pack it in and blame it on the injuries, but we didnt. I think the way we play against oakland will really cement this thought when we crush them and come out with a W.

TheChamp24
10-18-2010, 02:57 PM
I gotta say we should have Tebow out there for about 5-10 snaps, mainly during the beginning of a drive or if we are kind of fluttering on offense.
Everybody knows he's a project. He'll probably be sitting next year as well. I wonder where he'll be after 2 years of sitting, watching and learning.

Bronco Yoda
10-18-2010, 03:00 PM
I did some digging and got a hold of this weeks game plan already in place.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/netizen/footballjesus.jpg

Ray Finkle
10-18-2010, 03:03 PM
We don't need to generate traffic. Traffic isn't a problem whatever.

I think this is a legit topic. I think Tebow is a pandora's box for Josh, and it wasn't until I saw him on the field that I had a full appreciation of what Josh has on his hands with this situation.

I can't tell if you are joking or not.....you a Tebow supporter?

bowtown
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
I can't believe we have one of the most efficient QBs in the league and this thread is about to go platinum. I don't think some fans are better than others I just think some are a whole lot more stupid.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I can't tell if you are joking or not.....you a Tebow supporter?

Absolutely. I don't know why anybody wouldn't be a Tebow supporter at this point. The guy is clearly the future, and the only thing we can do as fans is root the hell out of him and hope he pans out.

I'll admit that I've got my doubts about whether he will pan out or not. But that said, I think I'd rather find out sooner than later whether his game will translate.

Honestly, though, I just don't know about any of it anymore. I'm so confused. I feel like a high school girl with two suitors for prom. Tebow made my head spin yesterday. And Kyle hung in there and helped put us in position. The smart thing is to just ride with Kyle, but the sexy thing is to get Tebow some playing time and experience.

I'm glad it's Josh making the decisions right now. But I'll be curious to see how long it takes before the fans in the stadium start making things difficult.

eddie mac
10-18-2010, 03:12 PM
I know you cant compare Brad Smith to Tebow in terms of Denver's investment but how often has Brad thrown this year for the Jets??? 1 pass for 3 yards.

Everytime he came in against us yesterday they gained more yards than with their standard No1 running game.

I dont think Tebow has to be a passing threat for this to work at present. The playaction still works through week 6 and we cant run.

Popps
10-18-2010, 03:24 PM
I'm glad it's Josh making the decisions right now.

That's exactly right.

I remember saying last year that I thought Orton was on his way to becoming a poor man's Kurt Warner for us, and people naturally laughed. But, that's what happend.

Big guy, decent arm but not the picture of athleticism. But, makes great decisions, is extremely football smart and you can build an offense around a guy who's able to be as accurate and smart as he is with his throws. I also think he's got some definite winning intangibles.

But, as bullish as I am on Orton, I must admit that I never expected this kind of output when we first traded for him. Now, I actually think he can get even better.

Yesterday was the Kyle Orton show, folks... nothing short of it.

But, a lot like Plummer... he does little things that your average fan isn't going to notice. He doesn't have a "rocket arm." People aren't noticing him going through his reads, throwing balls away when he should and even picking up a few crucial first downs with his legs. People just look at stats, and how strong a QB's arm is.

So, sure... if he has a bad game or two... the toads here will be hopping around, calling for Tebow. Same old stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I love Tebow... but Orton is bordering on being an elite QB right now, when you factor in his growing mastery of our system. I'm not saying he's got Aaron Rogers physical skills.... or Drew Brees' arm. But, in our system... with our coach, he's an upper echelon QB and we're very lucky to have him.

Champagne Powder
10-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Yahoo! Fantasy Sports take on the situation:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/blog/roto_arcade/post/Monday-Brunch-Tim-Tebow-zone-blocks-Kyle-Orton;_ylt=Ak1ho.Qq3zBJXy4Rxh2PaVu5bZ8u?urn=fantas y-277953

bowtown
10-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Thanks, I was really wondering what Scott Pianowski's thoughts on the situation were. Now I'll be able to sleep soundly tonight.

WolfpackGuy
10-18-2010, 03:31 PM
The true test will be having Teboz throw a pass.

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 03:35 PM
The true test will be having Teboz throw a pass.

He'll have to throw alot more than one.

WolfpackGuy
10-18-2010, 03:37 PM
He'll have to throw alot more than one.

I don't think the coach has enough hair on his ass to try it with the season still in the balance.

That could change in a few weeks with the endless mistakes and injuries though.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 03:41 PM
But, a lot like Plummer... he does little things that your average fan isn't going to notice.

Not to turn this into a thread about Plummer, but Plummer didn't do little things. That's why he didn't succeed. He didn't like to study. He didn't like to work. Orton is a much better QB than Plummer because Orton has the work ethic that Plummer never had, and thus is able to do all the little things it takes to win.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 03:45 PM
THis picture cracks me up... Orton has the physique of a couch potato, but can operate the offense better than any of them.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7350/eptsportsfantasyexperts.jpg

HAT
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
What's changed?

Before the season started it was obvious that Orton would probably put up pro-bowl caliber numbers in this system, that Denver was probably a 9-10 win team with a great shot at making the play-offs, that Tebow would get some looks in some games & not so much in others.

Nothing has changed.

Popps
10-18-2010, 03:47 PM
THis picture cracks me up... Orton has the physique of a couch potato, but can operate the offense better than any of them.

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7350/eptsportsfantasyexperts.jpg

Yep.

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 04:05 PM
Not to turn this into a thread about Plummer, but Plummer didn't do little things. That's why he didn't succeed. He didn't like to study. He didn't like to work. Orton is a much better QB than Plummer because Orton has the work ethic that Plummer never had, and thus is able to do all the little things it takes to win.

Except that Plummer was a winner, and Orton is yet to be one.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
What's changed?

Before the season started it was obvious that Orton would probably put up pro-bowl caliber numbers in this system, that Denver was probably a 9-10 win team with a great shot at making the play-offs, that Tebow would get some looks in some games & not so much in others.

Nothing has changed.

I don't agree that "nothing has changed." Yes, nothing has changed on paper, but what I think is changing is the brain chemistry of Broncos fans. And that's what this thread is about. I think the more Tebow sees the field, the harder it's going to be for fans to resist him - and that pretty soon, we're going to be in a situation where all it will take is one bad game from Orton before the stadium is booing and calling for Tebow. I'm not saying that this is proper or right. I'm just saying that last week I would have thought this was a ridicules idea, and yesterday I found myself uncharacteristically fiending for the guy like he was a shot of crack. It made me appreciate that this whole situation is a lot more complicated than it looks on the surface.

briane
10-18-2010, 04:09 PM
I dont think a controversy will ignite with a td pass. Orton has played well enough this year to keep that from happening. The only place you will read about a controversy would be on bleacherreport

Taco John
10-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Except that Plummer was a winner, and Orton is yet to be one.

I disagree with that on both counts. Plummer was a winner so long as Shanahan had the leash tight. Once he started straying, though, he was a disaster.

And Orton, as far as I'm concerned, is a winner through-and-through.

Popps
10-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Not to turn this into a thread about Plummer, but Plummer didn't do little things. .

He kept more drives alive with his feet and elusiveness than any QB not named Elway. (Not to mention having a 2:1 TD/INT ratio and a .750 winning %.)

But, he didn't have a rocket arm.

He's only comparable to Orton in that he was a great fit for a particular system, and had an offensive guru who helped develop him into a winner.

Now, when you get into things like work ethic, you're just speculating. That's your opinion and you're welcome to it. But, I never heard Shanahan criticize Plummer's worth ethic. He certainly used him to come as close as he ever came to playing in another SB.

But, opinions on Jake aside... the situations are similar. ONE mistake, and the drooling slobs will start pounding the table for Tebow, despite him never making a throw in the NFL.

Popps
10-18-2010, 04:16 PM
I disagree with that on both counts. Plummer was a winner so long as Shanahan had the leash tight.

Also incorrect.

Jake did much of his damage with his legs and his ability to elude rushers.

Now, if by tight leash you mean... playing within the system, well then sure. That's what any QB should do.

Orton is playing within the system, too. That's part of what makes him effective. He's not throwing the ball all over, and up for grabs like our last QB.

I mean, you look at Cutler v. Orton right now... and there's just no question why that trade was made. It's so obvious that Cutler could have never exercised the discipline and intelligence to run this system.

Now, we have Jake... Jay... if we can just get Hillis in here, this thread is going 40 pages.

WolfpackGuy
10-18-2010, 04:18 PM
The gig was up with Plummer when teams started staying home on the bootleg and concentrated on keeping him in the pocket.

We all know how that turned out.

Jay3
10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't agree that "nothing has changed." Yes, nothing has changed on paper, but what I think is changing is the brain chemistry of Broncos fans.

I'll share an analogy I came up with, and have used before.

Tebow is like . . . An Officer and a Gentleman (movie with Richard Gere).

And the world is like . . . that b****y one who tried to fake a pregnancy, youu know, Debra Winger's friend.

All skeptical, "this is how the world works," you have to do certain things to get by.

But Tebow is like Richard Gere when he marched into the factory at the end, and picked up Debra Winger.

And skeptical b****y girl is finally over there crying and clapping, and she says "Way to go, Debra Winger! Way to go!"

He wins you over like that -- the one player that gets into everybody's heart eventually. (Like Rudy if Rudy went on the juice for 5 years and became the baddest mo-fo on the field).
:welcome:Hilarious!:poke:

Popps
10-18-2010, 04:23 PM
The gig was up with Plummer when teams started staying home on the bootleg and concentrated on keeping him in the pocket.

We all know how that turned out.

Sure, he had limitations. But, he was our last winner. He was the QB the last time Broncos fans really had anything to cheer about.

Thankfully we dodged the Cutler bullet, and hopefully Orton can help reestablish a winning tradition in Denver.

bowtown
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM

And the world is like . . . that b****y one who tried to fake a pregnancy, youu know, Debra Winger's friend.

All skeptical, "this is how the world works," you have to do certain things to get by.

But Tebow is like Richard Gere when he marched into the factory at the end, and picked up Debra Winger.

And skeptical b****y girl is finally over there crying and clapping, and she says "Way to go, Debra Winger! Way to go!"

He wins you over like that -- the one player that gets into everybody's heart eventually. (Like Rudy if Rudy went on the juice for 5 years and became the baddest mo-fo on the field).

I'm not sure which to be more dismayed about, the analogy or the fact that you have used it before.

Jay3
10-18-2010, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure which to be more dismayed about, the analogy or the fact that you have used it before.

It lended the analogy extra credence because I've used it before. Gives it an air of authority. Because, it could have been in front of the United Nations that I used it. You don't know.

frerottenextelway
10-18-2010, 04:31 PM
Also incorrect.

Jake did much of his damage with his legs and his ability to elude rushers.

Now, if by tight leash you mean... playing within the system, well then sure. That's what any QB should do.

Orton is playing within the system, too. That's part of what makes him effective. He's not throwing the ball all over, and up for grabs like our last QB.

I mean, you look at Cutler v. Orton right now... and there's just no question why that trade was made. It's so obvious that Cutler could have never exercised the discipline and intelligence to run this system.

Now, we have Jake... Jay... if we can just get Hillis in here, this thread is going 40 pages.

If we had Hillis, our short yardage and red zone problems would be less and there wouldn't be a glaring need to rush Tebow into those situations.

So really, this all does come down to the Hillis giveaway.

:D

bowtown
10-18-2010, 04:33 PM
It lended the analogy extra credence because I've used it before. Gives it an air of authority. Because, it could have been in front of the United Nations that I used it. You don't know.

http://hinewyorkinformation.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/08/26/rushmore.jpg

Jay3
10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
If we had Hillis, our short yardage and red zone problems would be less and there wouldn't be a glaring need to rush Tebow into those situations.

So really, this all does come down to the Hillis giveaway.

:D

Maybe McD has a secret plan to "showcase" Tebow in the run, and then hope that Cleveland will accept Tebow in a trade for Hillis.

HAT
10-18-2010, 04:43 PM

All well and good but you know King Neckbeard put some mushroom dents on Winger's face in the parking lot after....With a Jack chaser.

elsid13
10-18-2010, 04:48 PM
If the team lose 3 more games in the next couple of weeks, then it time to put Tebow in to get experience. If the team rights the ship then stick with Orton.

WolfpackGuy
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Sure, he had limitations. But, he was our last winner. He was the QB the last time Broncos fans really had anything to cheer about.

Thankfully we dodged the Cutler bullet, and hopefully Orton can help reestablish a winning tradition in Denver.

I'll drink to that.

Still not convinced the team is better off with Orton, but oh well.

Jay3
10-18-2010, 04:54 PM
All well and good but you know King Neckbeard put some mushroom dents on Winger's face in the parking lot after....With a Jack chaser.

That makes no sense. The point is that we, the fans are the bitchy friend who is won over. So she should be the one in the parking lot.

Now you've gone and made the analogy into something weird and creepy.

Ray Finkle
10-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Absolutely. I don't know why anybody wouldn't be a Tebow supporter at this point. The guy is clearly the future, and the only thing we can do as fans is root the hell out of him and hope he pans out.

I'll admit that I've got my doubts about whether he will pan out or not. But that said, I think I'd rather find out sooner than later whether his game will translate.

Honestly, though, I just don't know about any of it anymore. I'm so confused. I feel like a high school girl with two suitors for prom. Tebow made my head spin yesterday. And Kyle hung in there and helped put us in position. The smart thing is to just ride with Kyle, but the sexy thing is to get Tebow some playing time and experience.

I'm glad it's Josh making the decisions right now. But I'll be curious to see how long it takes before the fans in the stadium start making things difficult.

that's what I am missing. Other than the TD run, I didn't see anything special from him.

Taco John
10-18-2010, 05:03 PM
that's what I am missing. Other than the TD run, I didn't see anything special from him.

He had presence out there. That's the best that I can describe it. It was like you could sense that everybody on that defense had a pit in their stomach. He was someone who HAD to be accounted for.

Florida_Bronco
10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
Again I'd like to ask...what does it matter?

The fans have zero say in what happens with the team. Is anyone here naive enough to think that Josh McDaniels is going to give the slightest damn about which QB the fans want on the field?

Pony Boy
10-18-2010, 05:05 PM

Ok, I had my wife read this and she explained it to me, she understood the Richard Gere/Tebow thing and I explained the Rudy Part.........now it's cool...

Taco John
10-18-2010, 05:07 PM

The fans have zero say in what happens with the team. Is anyone here naive enough to think that Josh McDaniels is going to give the slightest damn about which QB the fans want on the field?

No team can operate outside their fans wishes for very long because it becomes too big a distraction on game day.

It's like in Dirty Dancing where Patrick Swayze - aw forget it...

Jay3
10-18-2010, 05:11 PM

I see where you're going . . .

Nobody puts Baby in the corner!

errand
10-18-2010, 05:15 PM
We want to see wins not passing statistics.... If Tebow can help put points on the board ......put his ass in the game.

..and yet amazingly the same suspects bitching about Orton loved Cutler, who could put up flashy stats but not wins.

Tebow running the ball will help red zone efficiency, but you're can't seriously think he'll throw the ball better than kyle is right now.

errand
10-18-2010, 05:26 PM

Plummer didn't suceed? He went 10-6, 10-6, 13-3, and 7-4 as our starting QB. 41-22 as our starter, including playoffs. You really should quit trying to discuss QB's on here TJ...you've never come down on the right side of any QB argument on here. You supported Griese and Cutler....why do you act like nobody remembers that?

FireFly
10-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I am quite happy if Tebow is never our 1st QB if Orton or anyone else continues to play like orton is now.

Tebow comes in, sometimes runs, sometimes throws, the opposing D never really knows what is going to happen. Keeps them from cheating the run or pass.

I have no problem with us paying top $$$ for 2 QBs! Because in this scenario, we have a QB and we have Tebow...QB/RB/WR/Weapon.

Teams pay more for less.

Br0nc0Buster
10-18-2010, 05:41 PM
No team can operate outside their fans wishes for very long because it becomes too big a distraction on game day.

I doubt that

fans arent in the film room, they are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes

so our opinion really shouldnt matter and as long as the HC can win I dont see why he would care who the fans want to play

Dagmar
10-18-2010, 05:58 PM
I can see Tebow throwing a TD or long bomb on a trick play really soon, in the next two weeks. That combined with a loss in the next two must win games will essentially end Orton's Denver career in the fans eyes.

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Its funny to watch these things play out. If nothing else, Taco John is consistent. He caught the same bug in Cutler's first year.

Ah, the good old days...when we used to win and argue about whether or not Plummer could put the Broncos over the top.

Now we want Orton to rack up the yards and we're not so worried about winning anymore.

broncocalijohn
10-18-2010, 06:07 PM

Arsehole.

No, he isnt playing with fire as if you took a poll, the haters like yourself would say yes just to feed the "rift" if there was any. There isnt. If Taco feels this way like yourself, you are both nuts and wrong. I dont think Orton is going to be mad because he cant get to run between the tackles for 3 yards. I would believe that Orton likes the fact he gets hit as little as possible. We wont leave your sorry ass alone as long as you keep posting bad replies.

chex
10-18-2010, 06:14 PM

Something about this whole thing seems fishy to me.

You're going way overboard with this. Tebow carried the ball 6 times and he made your head spin? So after two brief appearances this year, where he has yet to throw a single pass, you're swooning like a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert? This from a guy who thought Brian Griese was the second coming, and Jay Cutler the third coming. I get the feeling you're being a bit disingenuous here, either playing devil's advocate or trying to frontrun the crowd and getting on a Tebow bandwagon before if/when he blows up.

Needless to say, we already have a QB having a Pro Bowl season, so I can't imagine why anyone, under any circumstances, would think it wise to put a rookie QB in there, especially one with all the work needed to refine his skills for the pro game. Tebow looks great to you apparently, running up the middle for 5 yards. Let's see what happens when he throws a few passes and the novelty wears off. Either way, I think you're making way too much of this.

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 06:25 PM

You're going way overboard with this. Tebow carried the ball 6 times and he made your head spin? So after two brief appearances this year, where he has yet to throw a single pass, you're swooning like a teenage girl at a Justin Bieber concert? This from a guy who thought Brian Griese was the second coming, and Jay Cutler the third coming. I get the feeling you're being a bit disingenuous here, either playing devil's advocate or trying to frontrun the crowd and getting on a Tebow bandwagon before if/when he blows up.

Needless to say, we already have a QB having a Pro Bowl season, so I can't imagine why anyone, under any circumstances, would think it wise to put a rookie QB in there, especially one with all the work needed to refine his skills for the pro game. Tebow looks great to you apparently, running up the middle for 5 yards. Let's see what happens when he throws a few passes and the novelty wears off. Either way, I think you're making way too much of this.

This is Denver, man. This is the home of the Elway shadow. No other city loves QB's like Denver does. When you have a guy like Tebow in reserve, there's bound to murmurs and talk.

Dagmar
10-18-2010, 06:32 PM

Taco? Never!

Dedhed
10-18-2010, 06:34 PM
I am still confused as to why mCd would say using Tebow at the goaline was a stupid idea one week then use it a couple weeks later.

Wow, you really are daft aren't you? Have you ever noticed other coaches say things that contradicted their game plan? Have you? Ever?

Can you think of a scenario where an NFL coach may want to lead others to believe that he's going to do the opposite of the very thing he's planning on doing? Can you imagine that possibility? Can you?

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Wow, you really are daft aren't you? Have you ever noticed other coaches say things that contradicted their game plan? Have you? Ever?

Can you think of a scenario where an NFL coach may want to lead others to believe that he's going to do the opposite of the very thing he's planning on doing? Can you imagine that possibility? Can you?

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/Steaming%20mad.jpg

Calm down, chica. Todos esta bien.

cabronco
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM

There is a poster here on the Mane who had close ties with a former Broncos coach, who bragged about their gossip during fishing trips in baja.So you never know..

baja
10-18-2010, 06:39 PM

Hey traffic pays the bills I don't blame TJ, hell I try and do it for him sometimes.

Look at the traffic on this thread.

Dedhed
10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I woke up wondering why it's only now that we're seeing Tebow integrated into the offense - and what changed in Josh's mind that this went from being "a really stupid idea" to being red zone money.Let's imagine a scenario where a raw, rookie QB, isn't ready to play until he's gotten a grip on what he's being asked to do. Then let's imagine a scenario where someone wants to deceive another person to gain a competitive advantage.

And then I wonder, "can we keep this up all season where Tebow never throws the ball, but is used as a runner in red zone situations?"
God I pray that opposing DCs are this naive.

the minute Tebow throws a touchdown, the quarterback controversey powderkeg will ignite.
The wick to that bomb was laid the day they drafted Tebow. Using him now does nothing to change the fact that Tebow if the QBOF, and that Orton is on borrowed time.

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 06:48 PM
I can see Tebow throwing a TD or long bomb on a trick play really soon, in the next two weeks. That combined with a loss in the next two must win games will essentially end Orton's Denver career in the fans eyes.

Speak for yourself and the Tebownites.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 06:49 PM
A question for some of the more analityical posters. . . . . . . Alot was made by the draft experts about some routes tebow is not able to throw because of his throwing motion, has anyone seen any routes thrown by orton in this offense that tebow would have a hard time completing?

Nope. Tebow's arm is better then Ortons. The big complaint is the speed of which he delivers the ball. Ironically, Tebow is the one quarterback I've seen who seems to get more accurate the further down the field he gets. Tebow's big issue right now isn't downfield, it's the bubble screen.

I tell you one thing, i think orton is doing a great job, but alot of those fade routes orton threw yesterday were behind the receiver resulting in an incomplete or the wr having to battle for the ball when already had a step on them. just take the TD to DT, he had to reach back for that ball after blowing away the CB. I think tebow could hit some of those receivers in stride.

I don't think so. Both CB's for the team where on their A game. It's as simple as that.

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't think so. Both CB's for the team where on their A game. It's as simple as that.

I think he was talking about leading the receivers instead of making them slow down and go up for it.

I think Orton throws that ball on purpose though. If the guy is covered pretty well, you throw it behind the WR over his back shoulder and the defender has to adjust and go through the WR to get to the ball.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:04 PM
McD sucks as soon as Cowher comes in next year he'll move Tebow to running back

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 07:08 PM

Hmmmm?

McD sucks as soon as Cowher comes in...................or is it.......As soon as Cowher comes in he'll move.........or is it move Tebow to running back?

:wiggle:

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:10 PM
Hmmmm?

McD sucks as soon as Cowher comes in...................or is it.......As soon as Cowher comes in he'll move.........or is it move Tebow to running back?

:wiggle:

both 1st he'll cum money shot style on McD face then Move Tebow to RB

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:10 PM

I thought you quit the board for all time?

Tebow is a QB, giggles. Not a RB.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I thought you quit the board for all time?

Tebow is a QB, giggles. Not a RB.

Hes a ****ing RB for God's sake

lostknight
10-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Let's imagine a scenario where a raw, rookie QB, isn't ready to play until he's gotten a grip on what he's being asked to do. Then let's imagine a scenario where someone wants to deceive another person to gain a competitive advantage.

Yep. The reality is putting Tebow in now, in a non-injury situation with sky high expectations benefits no one. Jay Cutler was hurt just as much as Jake Plummer (who had already given up and in by the time Cutler started) by how early Shanahan put him in. It also put him in a situation where he really couldn't win - Jake had the clubhouse, and while Cutler immediately improved our passing game - the entire clubhouse basically gave up after that substitution. Jay's big problem was (and is) leadership, and Mike didn't make things easy on him.

The wick to that bomb was laid the day they drafted Tebow. Using him now does nothing to change the fact that Tebow if the QBOF, and that Orton is on borrowed time.

That's what happens when you draft a QB in the first round. It's a bit nonsensical to think that somehow this is what Josh wants to avoid - he has done everything he can to start this mess, by drafting not only Tebow but also trading for Quinn.

I'm a big believer in stats - It's rare, but not impossible - for players to suddenly play out of their mind after many years in the league. Good systems can elevate the player, steroids, and in odd circumstances, suddenly a player will catch fire. Can Orton keep playing at the out of his mind level he has so far? I think so, but I don't think Josh McDaniels is all that upset about Orton hearing footsteps.

Boogerboots
10-18-2010, 07:18 PM
I just hope that our current situation does not end up like the O'Donnell (slash) Stewart tandem for the Steelers. O'Donnell was good enough to get them to the show, mind you with a better running game and arguably a better D. But then they incorporated the "Slash" on a watered down pass play book and gimmick run plays.

In the end the Steelers ended up with a serviceable vet with no rings and a promising rookie that didn't ever fully develop into a well rounded QB. Funny how Cowher's name was just mentioned.

I just hope that Orton's confidence becomes shaken to the point that he feel's threatened as #1 and in turn starts making critical errors on a mre routine basis and in turn I hope that Tebow's more run based usage now does not hurt his development as a better pass QB in the long run.

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Hes a ****ing RB for God's sake

Funny. In every media guide I can find he is listed at QB. Crazy.

Soul-Bronco
10-18-2010, 07:21 PM
Nope. Tebow's arm is better then Ortons. The big complaint is the speed of which he delivers the ball. Ironically, Tebow is the one quarterback I've seen who seems to get more accurate the further down the field he gets. Tebow's big issue right now isn't downfield, it's the bubble screen.

Thanks for the feed back, if he CAN make all the throws orton has been making then its really just a matter of time before he takes over.

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I just hope that our current situation does not end up like the O'Donnell (slash) Stewart tandem for the Steelers. O'Donnell was good enough to get them to the show, mind you with a better running game and arguably a better D. But then they incorporated the "Slash" on a watered down pass play book and gimmick run plays.

In the end the Steelers ended up with a serviceable vet with no rings and a promising rookie that didn't ever fully develop into a well rounded QB. Funny how Cowher's name was just mentioned.

I just hope that Orton's confidence becomes shaken to the point that he feel's threatened as #1 and in turn starts making critical errors on a mre routine basis and in turn I hope that Tebow's more run based usage now does not hurt his development as a better pass QB in the long run.

I doubt that Orton is butthurt by Tebow being brought on to run the ball. This team has been pathetic in the red zone, and Im sure that Orton knows that. If he wants to continue to leave points on the board because he's butthurt then it might be time to go to Tebow anyway.

epicSocialism4tw
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the feed back, if he CAN make all the throws orton has been making then its really just a matter of time before he takes over.

Tebow has an exceptionally strong arm.

Soul-Bronco
10-18-2010, 07:24 PM
I think he was talking about leading the receivers instead of making them slow down and go up for it.

I think Orton throws that ball on purpose though. If the guy is covered pretty well, you throw it behind the WR over his back shoulder and the defender has to adjust and go through the WR to get to the ball.

exactly, tebow showed a knack for hitting receivers in stride in the preseason, thats the only edge i would give him on orton right now, i really think his deep ball would be hitting the wr in stride instead of them having to fight for the ball as much with the cb.

and why did we not try a freakin button hook in that game, so many streaks and fades, i think we would of had the button hook or comeback route open

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:24 PM
Funny. In every media guide I can find he is listed at QB. Crazy.

Tebow is a RB just a 1st round RB God why oh why people keep calling him a QB just, blows my mind.

Matter fact ok hes a QB yup a Hall of Fame QB. I love the pass he made when he lined up at the redzone.

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Tebow is a RB just a 1st round RB God why oh why people keep calling him a QB just, blows my mind.

Matter fact ok hes a QB yup a Hall of Fame QB. I love the pass he made when he lined up at the redzone.

Sarcasm only works if you go with it throughout the post. This is just a failure on your part.

Anyway. Tebow is a QB. He has a different skillset, but that does not mean he is "just a rb". If this is how the Broncos will get their QBOTF game experience without throwing him to the wolves, then good.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:30 PM
Sarcasm only works if you go with it throughout the post. This is just a failure on your part.

Anyway. Tebow is a QB. He has a different skillset, but that does not mean he is "just a rb". If this is how the Broncos will get their QBOTF game experience without throwing him to the wolves, then good.

Oh ok i finally understand now Thank you for breaking it down to me. I was soooo lost

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:33 PM
Oh ok i finally understand now Thank you for breaking it down to me. I was soooo lost

You are very welcome.

See? Sarcasm is not that hard. Im very proud of you.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 07:33 PM

Perhaps because his stats shattered SEC passing records - by a certain Peyton Manning? Or because he has the lowest interceptions per passing attempt of any major college passer... ever? Or perhaps because he has two national championships, the first Sophomore to win the Heisman, as a quarterback?Perhaps it's because he was a Quarterback in Urban Meyer's spread offense - a system that is one of the primarily influences on the system that Josh McDaniels ran now.

Tebow has sky high potential. But the Broncos will waste that potential if they rush him.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 07:35 PM

There is something to this, given the celebrity factor. But even on the o-mane, there has been no one calling for Tebow to start right now. As long as Orton doesn't regress like he did this last week, or get injured, Tebow will keep making the slow transition from baby food from solid food.

baja
10-18-2010, 07:37 PM
There is a poster here on the Mane who had close ties with a former Broncos coach, who bragged about their gossip during fishing trips in baja.So you never know..

Did I ever tell you that Josh McDaniels is an avid spelunker. last May I was caving outside of La Paz, Baja. I was unpacking my donkey and I hear a high pitched voice saying, All I want to do is see the MFing cave, I don't need a permit for that." and low and behold I looked over and there stood Josh McDaniels in shorts and a miner's light (damn that dude is white). Well I told him I could get him into the cave because my cousin was the permit issuer. I noticed he had crappy shoes too and I had an extra pair of caving shoes (he sure has big feet for a short guy) that I lent him. Well we paired up than and I lead him into the cave. We were in about 600 feet and hit a tight spot. I suggested he go first because he is a lot smaller than me and away he went, guy's got balls. He moved a rock or two and I was able to squeeze in behind him. We found ourselves is a tiny room. Just then there was a rumble and the light at the exit went dark. We were pretty worried and feared for our lives. Thinking he might die he started to talk. I just listened and as he talked he felt an urge to confess what he thought were his sins. The first thing on his mind was about a big lie he was carrying. almost in tears he told me he really screwed up in his job. He told me he tried to trade for a mediocre football player by the name of Matt Cassell. I just listened not letting on I was a Bronco fan or even knew who he was. If he knew I was a Bronco fan he would have never told me the things he did. Anyway he said it cost his team a really really good quarterback named Cutler and the lie was a big burden to carry. He said it probably set his team back 10 years and he let down his owner who had given him complete power on personal decisions. He is a really sincere guy with a lot of integrity. He went on to say he had to blame the whole affair on Cutler to save face and he was not proud of that. He said the other big lie he was living was he was going to draft a project quarter back that everyone knew would take three years to develop thus insuring the safety of his job for at least three years. He started to cry than saying how he had betrayed the trust of Mr. Bowlen and had taken advantage of him because he was a gutless drunk. Little Josh was in rough shape by then. We forgot the water on the donkey and we knew we could not survive long with out water. It was then he shared his deepest darkest secret. He had made a pact with his mentor to destroy the Broncos but he was having a change of heart. He started to tell me about the devious plan but his voice trailed off and he began to shake uncontrollably with cold, I handed him my hoodie and he gave me a look like he thought he was looking at an angel. He said I will never forget you Baja Fan and if I ever get out of this I will wear this hoodie on the sidelines on gameday in your honor. He resumed his story about his and Belichick's plan to destroy the Broncos when we heard a noise like rocks moving than there was a sliver of light.

The story goes on but I'll save the rest for another day.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:37 PM
Perhaps because his stats shattered SEC passing records - by a certain Peyton Manning? Or because he has the lowest interceptions per passing attempt of any major college passer... ever? Or perhaps because he has two national championships, the first Sophomore to win the Heisman, as a quarterback?

Tebow has sky high potential. But the Broncos will waste that potential if they rush him.

Ok lets compare him to Peyton ****ing Manning now

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:39 PM

You made the statement he is just a runningback.

LostKnight provided you with information that he broke the best QB in the NFL's passing record in the SEC and has a ridiculously low INT rate.

You are being refuted. Either retract your lame argument or counter the counter argument. This is how adults engage in debate.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 07:39 PM

Sure. Tebow kicked his ass statistically in College.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:42 PM

LostKnight provided you with information that he broke the best QB in the NFL's passing record in the SEC and has a ridiculously low INT rate.

You are being refuted. Either retract your lame argument or counter the counter argument. This is how adults engage in debate.

Oh ok well i guess it's time to argue back.

Well i think Tebow is never gonna be Peyton ****ing Manning and ALOT OF COLLEGE QB'S threw for more yards then Peyton Manning you ****!

Soul-Bronco
10-18-2010, 07:42 PM

punisher sounds more and more like a woman with each post, doesnt make any sense and just trying to win an argument

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Oh ok well i guess it's time to argue back.

Well i think Tebow is never gonna be Peyton ****ing Manning and ALOT OF COLLEGE QB'S threw for more yards then Peyton Manning you ****!

Yes.

But not in the SEC. And that is the conference both Tebow and Manning came from. So again, you did not refute the point and have done a poor job defending your "point". So either produce a logical, concise argument or feel free to leave the board forever again.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
punisher sounds more and more like a woman with each post, doesnt make any sense and just trying to win an argument

Then sucks your dick after the argument is over

TheProfessor
10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
JMO, but McD has been playing with fire since he got here.

Kid has his own way of doing things...

http://surfingsports.com/images/bull_china_shop.jpg

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:45 PM

It depends on the woman. But yes, Punisher is acting like Snookie.

Yes.

THAT Snookie.

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:45 PM

You suck dick?

Intriguing. Tell me more.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:47 PM
Yes.

But not in the SEC. And that is the conference both Tebow and Manning came from. So again, you did not refute the point and have done a poor job defending your "point". So either produce a logical, concise argument or feel free to leave the board forever again.

Oh ok

Well then Tebow is better than Manning Both college and the NFL.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:48 PM
You suck dick?

Intriguing. Tell me more.

Yup but only the big ones :wiggle:

Archer81
Oh ok

Well then Tebow is better than Manning Both college and the NFL.

I can see why you fall back on your fellatio skills. You literally suck at arguing.

Soul-Bronco

lol dude, you went off the deep end with that one

lostknight
10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
For the record, yes, Manning threw for more yards. Almost 2,000 or 20% more. But he also threw the ball a staggering 400 times more for those additional yards. And even then, he only had two more TDs then Tebow. Meanwhile he also threw twice as many interceptions, and had a QB rating 20 points lower then Tims. Tebow is, arguably, the greatest college QB.

Am I saying that he is better QB then manning? Yep. In College.
Am I saying that he is better QB then manning in the NFL? Nope. But the college numbers give us reason to think that he may someday be. Is he a better option then Orton? Nope. Not right now, not for a second. Can he do think that Orton can't? Yep.

lostknight
JMO, but McD has been playing with fire since he got here.

Kid has his own way of doing things...

http://surfingsports.com/images/bull_china_shop.jpg

this.

Victor
You draft players to play them on the field, not to sit them on the side and worry about their psyche. I say play them all. Winning cures all.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:53 PM
I can see why you fall back on your fellatio skills. You literally suck at arguing.

Awww You want to argue you little ******, I'm not arguing with no one i'm telling facts the fact is Tebow has done **** for this team and never will.

And that goes for McD to his blackass is laughing kicking his feet up on his desk.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:55 PM
For the record, yes, Manning threw for more yards. Almost 2,000 or 20% more. But he also threw the ball a staggering 400 times more for those additional yards. And even then, he only had two more TDs then Tebow. Meanwhile he also threw twice as many interceptions, and had a QB rating 20 points lower then Tims. Tebow is, arguably, the greatest college QB.

Am I saying that he is better QB then manning? Yep. In College.
Am I saying that he is better QB then manning in the NFL? Nope. But the college numbers give us reason to think that he may someday be. Is he a better option then Orton? Nope. Not right now, not for a second. Can he do think that Orton can't? Yep.

Shut up just shut up please god help your soul

Archer81
10-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Awww You want to argue you little ******, I'm not arguing with no one i'm telling facts the fact is Tebow has done **** for this team and never will.

And that goes for McD to his blackass is laughing kicking his feet up on his desk.

Im fairly sure you called me a ****** and used a derogatory term.

And how often do rookie QUARTERBACKS do anything for their teams the first year they play? You might also want to look up what "argue" means. I dont want to argue, because I am right and continuing to embarass you is bad karma.

Again, you suck at debate. I can see why you decided to quit the board.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Im fairly sure you called me a ****** and used a derogatory term.

And how often do rookie QUARTERBACKS do anything for their teams the first year they play? You might also want to look up what "argue" means. I dont want to argue, because I am right and continuing to embarass you is bad karma.

Again, you suck at debate. I can see why you decided to quit the board.

Hes not a ****ing QUARTERBACK you sick ****

baja
10-18-2010, 07:59 PM

Dude you got some kind of anger issues.

I'm going to rename you Self Punisher.

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:00 PM

This old chestnut.

Clearly he is. But then again you think McDaniels is black and I am a bundle of sticks, so who knows how reality works for you.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Shut up just shut up please god help your soul

Will someone please shut Tourette's bot? It's getting boring.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
Dude you got some kind of anger issues.

I'm going to rename you Self Punisher.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p117/ambitionlooksugly/FACEPALM.jpg

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:04 PM
Will someone please shut Tourette's bot? It's getting boring.

Lets see how bored you'll be when i'm on top :wiggle:

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Fascinating. So you admit you are a bottom.

Again intriguing.

lostknight
10-18-2010, 08:06 PM

Seriously, what are you? A 11 year old kid?

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
This old chestnut.

Clearly he is. But then again you think McDaniels is black and I am a bundle of sticks, so who knows how reality works for you.

Hes a blackass coach

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Hes a blackass coach

Uh huh.

So try it in english this time.

DHallblows
10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Has Punisher just surpassed Bob on this board? God help us all

lostknight
10-18-2010, 08:09 PM
Uh huh.

So try it in english this time.

*shh* I think he's trying to be racist.

Don't feed the troll. My ignore list is now up to three.

Ignore List

* Bob's your Information Minister
* jhns
* Punisher

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:10 PM
*shh* I think he's trying to be racist.

Don't feed the troll. My ignore list is now up to four.

Mine is at two. You can't ignore every limpdick who is obnoxious and wrong.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:12 PM
Mine is at two. You can't ignore every limpdick who is obnoxious and wrong.

I'm only hard for you :-*

bowtown
10-18-2010, 08:13 PM
This message is hidden because Captain Limpdick (Punisher) is on your ignore list..

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:15 PM

Naturally.

Still does not change the fact you are wrong though, giggle tits.

baja
10-18-2010, 08:16 PM

Well I hope you can get better penetration than our D line

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Naturally.

Still does not change the fact you are wrong though, giggle boobies.

Im into guys

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Well I hope you can get better penetration than our D lie

Just stop with the stupid Punchlines you dickhole

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Im into guys

Yes?

You have a choice of two nicknames. Giggletit or limpdick.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Yes?

You have a choice of two nicknames. Giggletit or limpdick.

I'm whatever you want me to be sexy

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm whatever you want me to be sexy

Sorry. Not into schitzos. I am sure you have a nice personality or...something.

But as far as the topic of this thread, you are wrong. Tebow is a QB.

So...run along now.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Sorry. Not into schitzos. I am sure you have a nice personality or...something.

But as far as the topic of this thread, you are wrong. Tebow is a QB.

So...run along now.

Tebow is a QB.
LMAO!

So...run along now.
Don't get scared baby we just getting started

baja
10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Just stop with the stupid Punchlines you dickhole

Dude drinking cheap booze will make you crazy.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:25 PM
Dude drinking cheap booze will make you crazy.

lol now that's a good one :spit:

TheProfessor
10-18-2010, 08:26 PM
Not that I want to stop all the fun, but don't the mods usually lock threads that derail like this?

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Not that I want to stop all the fun, but don't mods usually lock threads that derail like this?

I'll derail your asshole

baja
10-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Not that I want to stop all the fun, but don't the mods usually lock threads that derail like this?

Not unless you report it...

Leave it and hope punisher will read it in the morning and feel like a fool.

Archer81
10-18-2010, 08:29 PM

Eventually.

Punisher
10-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Eventually.

Eventually. Me and you will get it on, I always get what i want :wiggle:

baja
10-18-2010, 08:31 PM
I'll derail your a-hole

Lots of truth comes out when one is shiit faced, you are a fag in denial. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

get a mamacure.

( no offense meant Chris)