PDA

View Full Version : So what do we from here on out ?

Quoydogs
10-17-2010, 10:46 PM
Orton has played a great. His passer rating and completions are threw the roof. The problem here is we have no run game.

When Tebow was in it allowed our run game to get started. He makes the other D put a spy on him, this combined with our W.R.'s and I think might be the way to go.

Point being, it does not matter how good the #'s are it's all down to the W and L and we sure are getting a lot more L's the W's.

So my question is something has to change ? If not the QB then what ?

extralife
10-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Orton has played a great. His passer rating and completions are threw the roof.

oh, malapropisms. how I love you so

Bronco Yoda
10-17-2010, 10:53 PM
We start winning some games. The schedule gets easier and the rookies get settled in.

GO BRONCOS!

HEAV
10-17-2010, 10:54 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMCaHxZuf94?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nMCaHxZuf94?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Quoydogs
10-17-2010, 10:55 PM

Yeah Blah blah blah so I used the wrong spelling so F'n what.

Sassy
10-17-2010, 11:18 PM
Think about it though...Buc/Knowshon were hurt during preseason....and Maroney...much as I dislike how he runs has only been here a month...I'm thinking in this sense...6 weeks hasn't been much time for our running game to get it's act together since they didn't play much preseason...

The MVPlaya
10-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Orton has played a great. His passer rating and completions are threw the roof. The problem here is we have no run game.

When Tebow was in it allowed our run game to get started. He makes the other D put a spy on him, this combined with our W.R.'s and I think might be the way to go.

Point being, it does not matter how good the #'s are it's all down to the W and L and we sure are getting a lot more L's the W's.

Keep working harder and stay focused.

I don't think their needs to be a change necessarily... I mean we've had injuries so we're on our back ups already for some of the positions.

I don't see anything wrong with our game plans though as they have all been solid for the most part.

1 thing I've noticed though, once we score a huge touchdown to get momentum on our side, we tend to give up a huge play to the other team on the following drive. I've noticed it a few times...kind of like today's pass to Keller.

Our run game is starting to gel together (hopefully), so we just have to keep improving in those areas. I don't think there is a change right now that CAN be made...

The Joker
10-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Next week will tell us all we need to know about our running game.

If we can't run it against the Raiders, who are giving up 150 yards rushing at 5 yards a carry per game, then we truly do suck at running the ball. Playing the Titans, Ravens and Jets consecutively should help us long term, as they're three of the toughest defensive teams in the NFL.

We need to put a beating on Oakland next week.

Taco John
10-17-2010, 11:29 PM
I think we sale on threw to our by weak.

GoBroncos DownUnder
10-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Change opponents!
Combined, the last 4 games have been "harsh", and the only game when I thought we were REALLY out-classed was against the Ravens. Indy, Baltimore and the Jets are all really good teams, and the fact that we had them all together sucks.

I think the team is getting better, the REAL test is from here out, I see a lot of W's in the remaining schedule, we just need to go and get them.:wiggle:

broncocalijohn
10-18-2010, 01:53 AM
Quoy, if you think putting Tebow out there when he has completed and executed exactly zero passes will be the answer, get ready for less not more of the offense. Using him just like we did on Sunday with a few passes thrown in to really confuse the defenses will be what is needed for those few plays. Easier opponents should help a lackluster running game. Much improved from the last few games, though.

KevinJames
10-18-2010, 02:12 AM
I don't know but I want to see more pitches to Royal out the backfield that was great

fontaine
10-18-2010, 04:51 AM
The biggest challenge to this team isn't injuries or run game.

It's getting the players to play hard and not give up on the season.

Last week the team looked visibly deflated in the 4th quarter with the defense giving way completely.

This week you just knew the team was completely committed and ready to fight down to the last second. If the staff can continue to get this kind of effort then I'm not worried about the rest of the season.

Broncomutt
10-18-2010, 06:48 AM
Why should we stop now?:injured:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-18-2010, 06:55 AM
If not the QB? Dude, we're not changing QB's. Put away your Tebowner.

Christ, man. We came within four points of a top 5 team yesterday. Give the bull**** a rest.

oubronco
10-18-2010, 07:04 AM
Injuries have crippled this team and they are still fighting toe to toe with the big boys! I personally don't know why you guys keep crying day in and day out, don't you see any improvement at all? When they get everyone back and everyone gets to gel with each other for a while this will be a good team.

BroncosSR
10-18-2010, 07:06 AM

Lol.

TheChamp24
10-18-2010, 07:36 AM
We shouldn't throw Tebow to the fire, but at least have him throw some passes in that Wildcat.
With Tebow in, we did pretty well on the ground, always positive runs and DID YOU SEE THOSE JETS ON THAT TD RUN?

barryr
10-18-2010, 07:40 AM
The Broncos need to do more misdirection than they usually do and having Tebow in there in short yardage more often too. They just don't seem to be able to slug it out right now witth the running game, so not so much trick plays, but plays and formations that make the other team have to guess more.

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 07:41 AM
I think we sale on threw to our by weak.

:spit:

Mogulseeker
10-18-2010, 07:44 AM
We're 2-4 and we've played three teams we ALWAYS lose to (Jax, Indy, Bal) ... and we've played 3 of the four best teams in the NFL (Indy, Bal, NYJ) ... and three of THOSE we could have won (Indy, Jax, NYJ).

I'm still unconvinced that we'll even have a losing record this year.

I picked the team to go 10-6, and I also picked the team to be 2-4 at this point in the season - in fact every pick I've made has gone the way I picked it (I said that Jacksonville and TENN were toss-ups, and we'd go 1-1 with those two teams either-or).

And we're injury plagued. I'm not worried at all about this year, and I'm excited for next year.

baja
10-18-2010, 07:50 AM
Injuries have crippled this team and they are still fighting toe to toe with the big boys! <b>I personally don't know why you guys keep crying day in and day out,</b> don't you see any improvement at all? When they get everyone back and everyone gets to gel with each other for a while this will be a good team.

Had we won that game the same guys would be calling Josh the new mastermind. It's this new generation of football fan that thinks winning is the only thing and they are unable to enjoy a good football game if it doesn't end in a win for their team. I feel sorry for them really, there is much to enjoy with this team.Josh McDaniels is building a solid team here and he is doing it quickly but it will never be fast enough for some of the "winning is everything" group here. Funny thing is when Josh has his team in place and we are an elite team that regularly wins 10 + games a year they will say they always believed he would be a great coach. Don't even try to remind them of their dumb ass opinions from today because they will deny it.

bronco militia
10-18-2010, 07:52 AM
So what do we from here on out ??

watch the game and hope for the best

TailgateNut
10-18-2010, 08:00 AM
watch the game and hope for the best

It works for me.