PDA

View Full Version : Phew! Now that the 4-week stretch is out of the way...

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Oct 24 Oakland 4:15pm
Oct 31 @San Francisco 1:00pm
Week 9 BYE
Nov 14 Kansas City 4:05pm
Nov 22 @San Diego 8:30pm
Nov 28 St. Louis 4:15pm
Dec 5 @Kansas City 1:00pm
Dec 12 @Arizona 4:15pm
Dec 19 @Oakland 4:15pm
Dec 26 Houston 4:05pm
Jan 2 San Diego 4:15pm

If they can minimize these dumbass mistakes we've been seeing and gain a little momentum over the next 2 weeks, they have a chance to get on a nice roll to finish the season. This last month has been absolutely brutal. 1-3, as this team is currently built, is about right. Hell, I think a lot of people were seeing 0-4. They had the chance to beat Indy and hung in until the BS call at the end of the Jets game. Take out some anger on a hapless Raiders team next week, travel across the pond and take out the 49ers and go into the bye week with a 2-game winning streak.

Look beyond that and go off what you've seen so far - anyone think this team won't be competitive in any of the remaining games?

fontaine
10-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Look beyond that and go off what you've seen so far - anyone think this team won't be competitive in any of the remaining games?

If they play with the effort today then I think we'll be okay:

Good:

1. Running game was much improved. Moreno being there makes a huge difference because he hits the hole hard and runs decisively with great body lean. Same with Buckhalter who finally looks healthy.

2. Beadles did allright at RT although whiffed on a couple of blocks including that of Pryce which results in a huge loss for a tackle.

3. Saw Kuper at least once lining up at Center. In the first half.

4. Overall the OL looked a lot smoother and didn't get blown off the line nearly as much as the first few weeks. Did a much better job in blitz protection when the Jets pretty much blitzed all day.

5. Larsen coming back was huge. I said after Week 2 that he would be missed and he was. He really does a good job with limited talent and I hope he gets more carries on short yardage situations.

6. Gaffney and Lloyd really did well because they essentially played double duty today when they prevented Revis/Coleman from intercepting the ball at least 2/3 times.

7. We lined up mostly on a 4-3 defense, which did pretty well in stopping the run until late. Hunter lined up outside the RT or LT in this formation and did a pretty good job overall. Several plays where he shed his man and made plays against the run and he read he QB's eyes on that int. He showed good gap control.

8. Syd did well for his first game. Good on STs and okay in coverage apart from giving up one first down. His int was a great mental play. He peeled off his man when he read Sanchez and slid in front of the pass when Jones was already two steps behind the WR.

9. Marcus Thomas has played better than Williams and he got more snaps. He was active in several plays shedding his OL and cutting upfield. He's one our best DL at this point.

10. DT is a matchup nightmare.

11. Decker was in for a few snaps. Didn't see any action but it's a plus.

12. Champ gave up that TD to Edwards but apart from that he had an awesome game. Routinely active against the run and solid in coverage. It would have turned ugly if he hadn't come back after his injury.

13. DJ had a pretty good day in run support and coverage along with Haggans.

14. Cox was lined up against Edwards a lot and still held his own. Defended a few passes, gave up a few catches but for a rookie this guy is playing like a decent starter.

Bad:

1. Maroney was the slowest back out there among both teams in terms of hitting the hole.

2. Walton. The game began with him committing an offsides and ended with a horrible snap which caused the fumble altho Orton maybe should have done better.

3. Nate Jones. Gave up at least 4 first downs, routinely was two steps behind his guy. Almost every time the Jets needed a first down they picked on him with success. For the amount of times he was thrown to, he made no impact but gave up a lot. It bears repeating that we should have kept A Smith over this guy.

4. Orton. After the first quarter Orton was hit and mostly miss all day. Forcing the ball into tight coverage, not checking down, off on his throws. The jets blitzed a LOT of times and on more than one occasion it just looked like Orton froze, made bad decisions, took an awful sack when he saw the pressure coming. He had an off day today, his worst game of the season. But to his credit he made some really clutch throws to Royal, DT for a TD, Lloyd on a deep sideline pass that resulted in a penalty on Leonard. If this is a once off against a very good D then fine. If he doesn't come back to his usual self then we're in trouble.

5. Our TEs suck. Graham was thrown to twice. One offensive pass interence and the other a drop. Hard to see him on this roster next year at his salary.

WolfpackGuy
10-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Ha, none of those upcoming games are a gimme with this team.

fontaine
10-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Overall, we played a very tough, physical football team and held our own. They didn't dominate any specific matchup and our OL/DL did enough to keep us in the game until individual mistakes (Walton/Hill) allowed the Jets to win.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-17-2010, 05:02 PM
The Jets exposed your offense today. Smoke and mirrors won't get it done any longer. I mean, come on - Kyle Orton, Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney? The fake nose, glasses and mustache had to come off at some point.

I'll say this much - if you can take the next two games, you'll probably have a huge division grudge match with the Chiefs on Nov. 14. That will make this place fun for a couple weeks while we're steamrolling through creampuffs (hey, that sounds delicious).

If you lose to either the 49ers or Raiders, though, we'll probably just come to town, let ourselves in with the keys to your place, piss on the rug, drink your beer, take a giant dump in the end zone and fly back to KC.

We'll be home soon, honey.

http://i51.tinypic.com/169j28k.jpg

Al Wilson
10-17-2010, 05:04 PM
Overall, we played a very tough, physical football team and held our own. They didn't dominate any specific matchup and our OL/DL did enough to keep us in the game until individual mistakes (Walton/Hill) allowed the Jets to win.
Sick and tired of hearing "we held our own" over and over and over. We used to dominate on offense. We used to abuse defenses with our running game. It's so frustrating to watch now, I'm getting sick of this crap and inconsistency.

fontaine
10-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Ha, none of those upcoming games are a gimme with this team.

No game is a gimme these days.

There's no one left in that schedule that isn't flawed and a top 10 team.

I saw enough effort from the team today to say that if the coaches can keep the self belief in this team then good things will happen because we just got through playing two of the best teams in the AFC in B'more and the Jets.

lostknight
10-17-2010, 05:07 PM

Over the last 16 games, this team is 4-12. That's top five draft pick suckage worthy.

Yep. There will be at least one game this team forgets to show up.

Goobzilla
Oct 24 Oakland 4:15pm
Oct 31 @San Francisco 1:00pm
Week 9 BYE
Nov 14 Kansas City 4:05pm
Nov 22 @San Diego 8:30pm
Nov 28 St. Louis 4:15pm
Dec 5 @Kansas City 1:00pm
Dec 12 @Arizona 4:15pm
Dec 19 @Oakland 4:15pm
Dec 26 Houston 4:05pm
Jan 2 San Diego 4:15pm

If they can minimize these dumbass mistakes we've been seeing and gain a little momentum over the next 2 weeks, they have a chance to get on a nice roll to finish the season. This last month has been absolutely brutal. 1-3, as this team is currently built, is about right. Hell, I think a lot of people were seeing 0-4. They had the chance to beat Indy and hung in until the BS call at the end of the Jets game. Take out some anger on a hapless Raiders team next week, travel across the pond and take out the 49ers and go into the bye week with a 2-game winning streak.

There's not a game on that schedule I can look at and say that's a guaranteed W. SF is a toss up due to the travel element, and the one game I thought would be a slump-buster the Rams is no gimme now.

fontaine
Sick and tired of hearing "we held our own" over and over and over. We used to dominate on offense. We used to abuse defenses with our running game. It's so frustrating to watch now, I'm getting sick of this crap and inconsistency.

Well, you didn't hear that from me last week.

Against B'more we were outmatched, outmuscled and just beaten up.

The difference in this game was huge against a team that was supposed to dominate us in the trenches. They didn't.

BlaK-Argentina
10-17-2010, 05:09 PM
The Jets exposed your offense today. Smoke and mirrors won't get it done any longer. I mean, come on - Kyle Orton, Brandon Lloyd and Jabar Gaffney? The fake nose, glasses and mustache had to come off at some point.

I'll say this much - if you can take the next two games, you'll probably have a huge division grudge match with the Chiefs on Nov. 14. That will make this place fun for a couple weeks while we're steamrolling through creampuffs (hey, that sounds delicious).

If you lose to either the 49ers or Raiders, though, we'll probably just come to town, let ourselves in with the keys to your place, piss on the rug, drink your beer, take a giant dump in the end zone and fly back to KC.

Are you making fun of your own player or what? He looks like a complete dumbass.

WolfpackGuy
10-17-2010, 05:11 PM
No game is a gimme these days.

There's no one left in that schedule that isn't flawed and a top 10 team.

I saw enough effort from the team today to say that if the coaches can keep the self belief in this team then good things will happen because we just got through playing two of the best teams in the AFC in B'more and the Jets.

They were markedly improved over last week, but this team continues to make the backbreaking mistakes repeatedly you just can't afford against the big boys.

Even last week, they had a chance to get back in it coming out of the half, but they didn't. I'm just getting tired of it.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-17-2010, 05:12 PM

What did they expose exactly? They are a good defense with very good corner play. orton didnt play well, we still put up 20, missed two field goals, and fumbled on their 15. If this is the worst we play, ill take it.

BlaK-Argentina
10-17-2010, 05:12 PM
BTW Bob, Orton, Gaffney and Lloyd would be starting for the Chiefs so please, STFU.

Riddi
10-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Why does a KC fan have almost 30 000 posts on Bronco fan website. Get a life!

fontaine
10-17-2010, 05:18 PM
They were markedly improved over last week, but this team continues to make the backbreaking mistakes repeatedly you just can't afford against the big boys.

Can't argue with that. Yes the team made mistakes that cost us the game.

But we didn't get outmatched or dominated in this game.

If we had once again been dominated on the ground, and out OL tossed around and ragdolled like last week then it would have been a much, much bigger problem than a couple of poorly executed plays that frankly won't happen again.

I mean seriously how often do you expect Walton/Paxton to botch their snaps or Hill to make a silly mistake on a facemask on a hail mary pass?

The bottom line is we went toe to toe against a team that's supposed to be one of the best in game. If we had Goodman/Dawkins healthy then we come out with a win.

It sucks, but I would rather have a team commit a few mental errors that can be easily fixed than a team that got stoned in all phases of the game by Baltimore like we did last week.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2010, 05:21 PM

Two game losing streak.

Same as us.

**** yourself.

Die.

10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
There's no shame in losing the toughest game on your schedule. Nor is there shame in losing the second game of a two-game road trip.

Shame on you guys for losing at home in a must-win situation. SHAME ON YOU! GO TO YOUR ROOM! Or the AFC West cellar, if you prefer.

Archer81
10-17-2010, 05:31 PM
The Jets exposed your offense today

Why dont you go pass out in a running car inside a closed garage?

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
There's no shame in losing the toughest game on your schedule. Nor is there shame in losing the second game of a two-game road trip.

Shame on you guys for losing at home in a must-win situation. SHAME ON YOU! GO TO YOUR ROOM! Or the AFC West cellar, if you prefer.

Whatever makes you feel better. You lost, we lost. You hardly have a big lead in this division and you guys really arent as good as you think you are.

10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Whatever makes you feel better. You lost, we lost. You hardly have a big lead in this division and you guys really arent as good as you think you are.

We ain't all that. But we can run the ball.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-17-2010, 05:39 PM

We actually ran the ball fine today as well. You really arent that good, you have suspect QB play and, in case you didnt notice, ya gave up 35 points today. You really feel comfortable?

BlaK-Argentina
10-17-2010, 05:40 PM

Must win? Last time I checked we have 2 wins. SD has 2, Oak has 2, Cheffies 3.

Seriously, just go away.

TonyR
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM
There's no shame in losing the toughest game on your schedule.

LOL Would love to see the Chiefs back to back against the Ravens and Jets.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 05:47 PM

On the Texans, as everyone has seemed to do.

Newsflash - the Jets can run the ball, too.

10-17-2010, 05:48 PM
LOL Would love to see the Chiefs back to back against the Ravens and Jets.

I'm guessing we get eviscerated by one of those teams in our first-round playoff game.

10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
On the Texans, as everyone has seemed to do.

Newsflash - the Jets can run the ball, too.

The Texans had one of the league's best run defenses before they faced the ground attack juggernaut known as the Kansas City Chiefs.

On Nov. 14, its steamrolling into Denver. 8')

BlaK-Argentina
10-17-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm guessing we get eviscerated by one of those teams in our first-round playoff game.

Yeah that one game lead in the division sure is a guaranteed playoff berth.

:stupid:

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 05:55 PM
The Texans had one of the league's best run defenses before they faced the ground attack juggernaut known as the Kansas City Chiefs.

On Nov. 14, its steamrolling into Denver. 8')

And you still lost.

The Texans were 13th, allowing over 100 yds/game and that includes a week 1 matchup against the Colts and that vaunted running game.

10-17-2010, 05:59 PM
And you still lost.

The Texans were 13th, allowing over 100 yds/game and that includes a week 1 matchup against the Colts and that vaunted running game.

They were ranked in the top 10, allowing 80 yards per game.

Then they got knocked around by THE MIGHTY CHIEFS and fell to 13th.

10-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Yeah that one game lead in the division sure is a guaranteed playoff berth.

:stupid:

You're 2-4 and it still hasn't settled in?

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 06:05 PM

And they won! Good for the Texans. They did play against the mighty Colts running game and a broken-down Clinton Portis in the first 2 weeks.

Why are you spinning this? It's just another in the long list of dip**** football points you try to hang onto.

BlaK-Argentina
10-17-2010, 06:10 PM
You're 2-4 and it still hasn't settled in?

In this division? I could care less about being 2-4 right now. We are only a game away from the very mediocre first place Kansas City Chiefs.

Sir_Robin
10-17-2010, 06:31 PM
Hard to imagine winning more than two of those games.

10-17-2010, 06:38 PM
In this division? I could care less about being 2-4 right now. We are only a game away from the very mediocre first place Kansas City Chiefs.

Math is not your strong suit, eh?

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 06:42 PM

You do know your team has had a bye already, right? At some point, it evens out. I know this may be new to you, but the .5 game advantage comes from said bye. That aside, it's essentially a 1-game lead with the bye being the difference.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 06:46 PM
The Chiefs suck! Cassel blows and they aren't that good! That being said, the Broncos suck and have no offensive balance and the loss of Elvis is really being felt in the passing D with QB's having plenty of time to inflict damage.
Unfortunately, McD-bag has shipped out all of the talent around the NFL and it doesn't look good. The only thing we have to fall back on is that the Broncs have the easiest schedule in the NFL remaining. The bad part... the few games that we may win will only worsen our much needed draft status! Even worse is our recent draft picks don't provide us much hope in McD providing a good pick even if we do. (Ex. Moreno, runs like Ray Charles...Tebow...way to trade up in the 1st round for a second string QB/RB...among others that have been quickly cast out of town.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM
Even worse is our recent draft picks don't provide us much hope in McD providing a good pick even if we do. (Ex. Moreno, runs like Ray Charles...Tebow...way to trade up in the 1st round for a second string QB/RB...among others that have been quickly cast out of town.

Did you watch the game today? Holy ****.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-17-2010, 06:48 PM

Unbelievable, youre bragging about a game YOU LOST

BlaK-Argentina
10-17-2010, 06:49 PM
You do know your team has had a bye already, right? At some point, it evens out. I know this may be new to you, but the .5 game advantage comes from said bye. That aside, it's essentially a 1-game lead with the bye being the difference.

Thanks, I was too busy living life to respond.

Archer81
10-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Did you watch the game today? Holy ****.

Im going to go with no, he did not.

I suppose an int by Thompson, a rushing TD by Tebow and a TD rec by Thomas is not evidence contradicting his point.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm sorry....Tebow was great!
Tebow played four plays and ran one in from 4 yards out! That is what they are supposed to do when you run the ball from inside the 5!!! That is the first thing he has done in 6 games! Are you serious? He is a 1ST ROUND pick!! That isn't much of an impact if you ask me!
Sanchez sucks and there could have been numerous others that could have been picked off!
Thomas looks like he could develop nicely, but again, he is another 1st round pick! They are supposed to be impact players!

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Tebow played four plays and ran one in from 4 yards out! That is what they are supposed to do when you run the ball from inside the 5!!! That is the first thing he has done in 6 games! Are you serious? He is a 1ST ROUND pick!! That isn't much of an impact if you ask me!
Sanchez sucks and there could have been numerous others that could have been picked off!
Thomas looks like he could develop nicely, but again, he is another 1st round pick! They are supposed to be impact players!

Beadles, Cox, Thompson, all the kids on STs today. Dude, hang it up. You made a terrible point and failed miserably.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Beadles did not play that well...missed blocks and penalties and Thompson got hit in the numbers with the football!
Glad to see we draft for the special teams to play well! How did that special teams snap go on that first field goal attempt? Another McD-bag special import!

My point was our draft picks aren't that good...but if you think coming into the game for 4 plays in Week 6 a good draft pick, I'm sure I will be hearing about you in an NFL front office real soon!!

sutoazul
10-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Seriously I don't get this "fans" that are "backer" of our team. Tebow is a QB of the future, he's supposed to sit and learn!! how long have you been watching football?? He came in as a nice change of pace to uplift our sucking running game.
S. Thompson played extremely well today, did not gave up too much and intercepted Sanchez once. D. Thomas scored a TD, enough said. Is expected out of the 1st rounders, well yeah, and they are proving it!! Jeez!!

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Beadles did not play that well...missed blocks and penalties and Thompson got hit in the numbers with the football!
Glad to see we draft for the special teams to play well! How did that special teams snap go on that first field goal attempt? Another McD-bag special import!

My point was our draft picks aren't that good...but if you think coming into the game for 4 plays in Week 6 a good draft pick, I'm sure I will be hearing about you in an NFL front office real soon!!

You apparently don't get how football teams operate. Please go back to lurking.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-17-2010, 07:25 PM

Youre insane. Out of all the things you could pick at, you choose our rookie's performance today?

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Sorry Mr. 5,000 posts! I'm sure all those posts make you an expert! None of the guys you mentioned are impact players.
I think that is your phone....the Raiders are calling for a scout!

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Sorry Mr. 5,000 posts! I'm sure all those posts make you an expert! None of the guys you mentioned are impact players.
I think that is your phone....the Raiders are calling for a scout!

Awesome comeback.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Youre insane. Out of all the things you could pick at, you choose our rookie's performance today?

The whole team stinks and are 4-12 over the last 16 games. I could pick any aspect...they are playing terrible football! You get turnovers on a team that rarely turns it over and get nothing out of it....terrible.
Something isn't right because we were never that bad over any stretch with Shannahan....As I watch Torain run for his 2nd TD of the night!

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Awesome comeback.

So tell me this....You think the team is going in the right direction? You think McDaniels has improved the team since he's been here? You believe that draft picks like Tebow in the 1st round are a good move?

Archer81
10-17-2010, 07:36 PM
So tell me this....You think the team is going in the right direction? You think McDaniels has improved the team since he's been here? You believe that draft picks like Tebow in the 1st round are a good move?

You are a complete and utter twit.

baja
10-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Thomas looks like he could develop nicely,<b> but again, he is another 1st round pick! They are supposed to be impact players!

Thanks for showing me in your 38th post I won't need to read you any more.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for showing me in your 38th post I won't need to read you any more.

Sweet!! Another computer geek who spends his life on the Orangemane!! 38,000 posts...you should be very proud!

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
You are a complete and utter twit.

I love how you just comeback with calling me names! That is awesome! Really shows your intelligence and football knowledge!

So far....like a few others on here...just bust on me for not posting thousands of times! So because I don't have thousands of posts I can't have an opinion or try to get others opinions?

I guess I should be happy with the way the team has played for the last two years and praise the team for great special teams and their first 100yd game in week 6

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
I love how you just comeback with calling me names! That is awesome! Really shows your intelligence and football knowledge!

So far....like a few others on here...just bust on me for not posting thousands of times! So because I don't have thousands of posts I can't have an opinion or try to get others opinions?

I guess I should be happy with the way the team has played for the last two years and praise the team for great special teams and their first 100yd game in week 6

It's ok. Toughen up, Princess. Don't be mad just because you tried to make a stupid point and were summarily shot down.

If you don't like it here, then feel free to piss off. It's not like you've been a valuable part of the community over the last 6 years.

And calling out people for their post count? It's called passion and having a voice for their team through good and bad. You apparently just like to rile **** up when it's bad. Again, feel free to bail.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 07:58 PM
It's ok. Toughen up, Princess. Don't be mad just because you tried to make a stupid point and were summarily shot down.

If you don't like it here, then feel free to piss off. It's not like you've been a valuable part of the community over the last 6 years.

And calling out people for their post count? It's called passion and having a voice for their team through good and bad. You apparently just like to rile **** up when it's bad. Again, feel free to bail.

Sorry not to have been so valuable! I'll be sure to make the Orangemane Parade next year! When I come out for the Raiders game I'll be sure to bring some candy to share with everyone!
I don't have to post on here thousands of time to have passion for the team! Post on the Orangemane doesn't equal passion....sorry!
I just wanted to hear what people are saying at a time when the team happens to suck! IMO I don't think the team is going in the right direction.
Again, sorry I'm not happy with the way things are going...I need to just be strong, toughen up and hope and pray with Tebow that McD-bag will maybe get us to .500 again!

And it was others such as yourself that called me out on my post count first....sorry to only have a couple posts!

baja
10-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Sweet!! Another computer geek who spends his life on the Orangemane!! 38,000 posts...you should be very proud!

I multi task a lot. ;D

BTW that's over a ten year period.

Archer81
10-17-2010, 08:02 PM

Dont cry lil susie. My surly demeanor will change by tomorrow and I'll tolerate the nonsense you spew. Until then...

I was unaware McDaniels took over after the bye last season. Is 4-12 good enough? Not hardly. But McDaniels is 10-12 in little under 1.5 seasons as HC. I dont care about your post count. We have lurkers here with less posts than you that make more valid or coherent points. That is why you are being ridiculed. Nothing you are adding to the conversation is new. You criticize McDaniel's picks with 3 of HIS picks contributed today. Tebow had his first extended action of the season and made good decisions and scored a TD...if he was a typical drop back passer he would not even been in today. His unique skillset HELPED the team today. Short of drawing a picture for you in crayon I hope this helps sink in that point.

Questioning my intelligence or football knowledge is kind of weak man. You have no idea about either in regards to me, but keep calling me stupid. Sure to win you brownie points with some other jackhole.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Tell me more about drafting.

Hulamau
The whole team stinks and are 4-12 over the last 16 games. I could pick any aspect...they are playing terrible football! You get turnovers on a team that rarely turns it over and get nothing out of it....terrible.
Something isn't right because we were never that bad over any stretch with Shannahan....As I watch Torain run for his 2nd TD of the night!

Run along troll, you can go lick Shanny's balls all you want at the redskin's board.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
I multi task a lot. ;D

BTW that's over a ten year period.

I know and good sense of humor! Just sick of everyone giving me crap about my post count and nothing about what I post...If they have a different opinion I would like to hear it and the explaination that follows...no name calling and the rest....I appreciate your sense of humor with that post though!

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 08:14 PM
Dont cry lil susie. My surly demeanor will change by tomorrow and I'll tolerate the nonsense you spew. Until then...

I was unaware McDaniels took over after the bye last season. Is 4-12 good enough? Not hardly. But McDaniels is 10-12 in little under 1.5 seasons as HC. I dont care about your post count. We have lurkers here with less posts than you that make more valid or coherent points. That is why you are being ridiculed. Nothing you are adding to the conversation is new. You criticize McDaniel's picks with 3 of HIS picks contributed today. Tebow had his first extended action of the season and made good decisions and scored a TD...if he was a typical drop back passer he would not even been in today. His unique skillset HELPED the team today. Short of drawing a picture for you in crayon I hope this helps sink in that point.

Questioning my intelligence or football knowledge is kind of weak man. You have no idea about either in regards to me, but keep calling me stupid. Sure to win you brownie points with some other jackhole.

Sweet...more name calling...at least you wrote back a football related response this time!

First, if you think 10-12 is good, then you haven't been following the history of the Broncos over the past 20 years. Not to mention the 6-0 start last year was a joke! They easily could have lost half of them! Although I'm sure you thought that pass to Marshall in the opener was really intended for Stokley!
Second, when you make moves to get 2 first round picks, I expect more than a few plays a game from a 1st rounder. I think the Tebow pick sucks IMO...this is a drop back QB league and he will never fit into that category. I don't think you should trade up to the 1st round to get a guy that you can only use in certain situations. I think you should have more value than that!

I think that Thomas could really be a good WR and showed that today.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 08:18 PM
Run along troll, you can go lick Shanny's balls all you want at the redskin's board.

Sorry....I love to see the Broncos lose and hope that we have McD-bag as the coach forever! My troll as is going to run out and get myself a McDaniels FatHead for the living room!

Archer81
10-17-2010, 08:24 PM
Sweet...more name calling...at least you wrote back a football related response this time!

First, if you think 10-12 is good, then you haven't been following the history of the Broncos over the past 20 years. Not to mention the 6-0 start last year was a joke! They easily could have lost half of them! Although I'm sure you thought that pass to Marshall in the opener was really intended for Stokley!
Second, when you make moves to get 2 first round picks, I expect more than a few plays a game from a 1st rounder. I think the Tebow pick sucks IMO...this is a drop back QB league and he will never fit into that category. I don't think you should trade up to the 1st round to get a guy that you can only use in certain situations. I think you should have more value than that!

I think that Thomas could really be a good WR and showed that today.

1. I do not think 10-12 is good. Its below average. Considering the lack of talent and depth the team had when McDaniels took over, it could be worse. You, like many other esteemed posters seem to think bitching about hypotheticals gives support to a weak point. We went 6-0 to start last season. We didnt lose "half of them".

2. Yes. I completely thought the Broncos had a play designed to be batted in the air by two guys then caught by Stokley who then runs it 87 yards downfield for a TD. Nailed it.

3. ZOMG! The Broncos used a high draft choice on a prospect with a great work ethic, skill set and attitude. He must be so horrible if he is our backup QB...oh the horror. You do understand development time for a QB? You do realize that the intangibles that come with Tebow can actually help him become a successful passer? Again, this argument has been had on this board. So you add nothing new there. But thanks for trying.

4. Thomas is a very good WR, but much like Tebow very raw.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 08:36 PM
1. I do not think 10-12 is good. Its below average. Considering the lack of talent and depth the team had when McDaniels took over, it could be worse. You, like many other esteemed posters seem to think b****ing about hypotheticals gives support to a weak point. We went 6-0 to start last season. We didnt lose "half of them".

2. Yes. I completely thought the Broncos had a play designed to be batted in the air by two guys then caught by Stokley who then runs it 87 yards downfield for a TD. Nailed it.

3. ZOMG! The Broncos used a high draft choice on a prospect with a great work ethic, skill set and attitude. He must be so horrible if he is our backup QB...oh the horror. You do understand development time for a QB? You do realize that the intangibles that come with Tebow can actually help him become a successful passer? Again, this argument has been had on this board. So you add nothing new there. But thanks for trying.

4. Thomas is a very good WR, but much like Tebow very raw.

1. That lack of talent is on highlight reels every week....would settle for the Browns running game with Hillis right now!! Teams were not flooding the cell phone of Maroney and Gaffney's respective agents (Although I think Lloyd is playing amazing for a castoff and has been a good pick up) You are entitled to your opinion about Tebow, but you can get all the qualities you talked about in a player much later in the draft! And I said we COULD have lost "half of them"...there was some luck involved!
2. I figured as much
3. They aren't even developing Tebow to be an NFL QB...why go out and trade for Brady Quinn if you think Tebow is going to be so good? While he might work very hard, I don't think he is a NFL QB.
4. Thomas reminds me of Marshall...should be a good player as he develops and yes...raw.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2010, 08:43 PM
Let's see...

Pining for Hillis and/or Torain. Check.
Wishing Shanahan was still here. Check.
Pulling out a combination of retarded Mc____ names. Check.
Questioning draft picks with little to no reason other than to bash the aforementioned head coach. Check.

You're not that difficult to figure out. Not at all.

BroncoBacker
10-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Let's see...

Pining for Hillis and/or Torain. Check.
Wishing Shanahan was still here. Check.
Pulling out a combination of retarded Mc____ names. Check.
Questioning draft picks with little to no reason other than to bash the aforementioned head coach. Check.

You're not that difficult to figure out. Not at all.

I think you have me down...never going to deny the first three! I would love to see the Broncos have a running game, a head coach that knows how to call plays and doesn't call timeouts 40 sec. into the second half and he has a great name to make fun of!
The draft picks are my opinion, but if your argument is that they need time to develop, then we have to hold on to them (A. Smith)!

JCMElway
10-17-2010, 08:55 PM

Yeah, that was 12-14 years ago. We haven't seen real consistency since.

JCMElway
10-17-2010, 09:00 PM
I think we can shape up pretty well down the stretch.

Oct 24 Oakland 4:15pm -- W
Oct 31 @San Francisco 1:00pm -- W
Week 9 BYE
Nov 14 Kansas City 4:05pm -- W
Nov 22 @San Diego 8:30pm -- W (If we did have another loss, this would be it)
Nov 28 St. Louis 4:15pm -- W
Dec 5 @Kansas City 1:00pm -- L
Dec 12 @Arizona 4:15pm -- W
Dec 19 @Oakland 4:15pm -- W
Dec 26 Houston 4:05pm -- L
Jan 2 San Diego 4:15pm -- W

lostknight
10-17-2010, 09:03 PM
It's become chic for a certain faction to post about how great a particular loss is, how they are proud of the team that lost, and how great certain players are. Yet, when you look at a simple basic truth emerges. Over the last 16 games, the equivalent of a full season, the Broncos are a dismal 4-12. 4-12 buys you nothing but top five draft pick. They then insist that the remaining schedule is a cake walk, and the hard part of the season is done.

So instead of making excuses about how this team got here, what does the team need to do to win? First ditch the delusions of Grandeur, the whining and face some cold hard facts.

First of all, it's true that the Broncos have had a rough schedule so far judged by the metrics this season (Football outsiders calculated this last week), rather then the expectations last season. Easily the hardest in the AFC west. These numbers were computed last week, before the Jets Game for the Broncos, and the Houston game for KC.

Team Difficulty Schedule Difficulty remaining Schedule
KC 15 31
SD 30 23
DEN 5 25
OAK 27 7

But there is a hidden factor in all of these numbers. That is that the entire AFC west sucks, so everyone's numbers for remaining schedule is relatively weak.

It's pretty easy to see why KC is doing well, and is becoming a "chic" pick for the rest of the season. Not only have they played a average set of teams so far, they have the second easiest schedule of any NFL team (probably first after the Houston game). That's just criminal. Our schedule becomes much easier, but only marginally easier then San Diego, which has had a insanely cream-puff start to this season. Oakland is done. Denver needs to steam roll as many AFC West opponents as they can from here on out.

How easy is that? KC's schedule speaks for itself, QB play San Diego leads all offenses in total yards, rushing yards, better then Denver in passing yards. Oh yeah, they also lead in fewest YPG on the defense. The schedule is only marginally harder then ours.

With us two games behind KC (count losses), and a horrible division record, we will need to sweep the KC games to have any chance at post-season. Likewise, next week is a must-win against Oakland, if nothing else then for psychological reasons.

What about this team? There were positives today, but also a insanely alarming regression to the mean. The positives are almost all around the offensive line, which generated some great holes.

I find it encouraging that after Josh McDaniels arrogantly dismissed people who pointed out that this Tebow kid might be good in short situations ("We're not going to do that in short yardage," McDaniels said. "People who mention that, I don't know, that's ridiculous."), used him in exactly that role today. It's actually a positive. I've maintained for a long time that the only thing keeping Josh back from being great was Josh himself. That is, Josh the offensive coordinator, Josh the QB coach, and Josh the GM. Clock management and play calling continue to be a issue for this team. We ran valuable seconds - seconds that ended up not mattering due to a botched exchange - but seconds that could have determined the game.

What alarmed me? The performance from Orton today was close to his statistical average, rather then what he has looked like this season. The reality is that we have a system that can make sub-par quarterbacks look solid (ie, a certain QB in Kansas City). But if the quarterback can't execute - particularly in third down - then the system will collapse. That's what happened today. We lost the third down battle, and everything else fell out from that. So which is the outlier? The last six games, or Kyle Orton's career? While it's true that Kyle has spread the ball around - it's also true that he likes to lock onto one receiver for the vast majority of a single drive. Take away that one receiver, and you make him a lot less comfortable.

The defense looked solid - the early discrepancies in time of possession virtually guaranteed that they would be breaking down near the end. The lack of a killer instinct on the offense- especially in the first quarter, constantly costs this team opportunities to do damage.

Are we fated for the same second half collapse as we have had the last three years? The age of the defense certainly portends problems. Especially on the D-Line, where our performance has been inconsistent to say the least.

If we can't address this problem we will have a top five draft pick to use to try and fix it.

10-17-2010, 09:05 PM
All those road wins you penciled in are cute.

Teams with **** defenses that don't run the ball don't win on the road.

baja
I too think we will sweep the Raiders and SD.

KC in Arrowhead in Dec. is always tough.

MABroncoFan
There's not a game on that schedule I can look at and say that's a guaranteed W. SF is a toss up due to the travel element, and the one game I thought would be a slump-buster the Rams is no gimme now.

I agree, but there's also not a game on the schedule I'd say is a guaranteed L either.

cutthemdown
10-17-2010, 09:10 PM
Hmm I think KC runs the ball for 200 a game vs us.

Then Gore will probably torch us.

Lot's of those teams have big problems though, just like Broncos, so i guess winning half of them is doable. We finish 6-10 or 7-9 maybe. Pretty much what I figured.

What is hard to stomach is how bad the team seems to be coached. Special teams blunders all yr, plays where not enough men are on the field, giving wins to team with penalties and fumbles etc.

I really thought Mcdaniels would have them playing solid football, and it would be our lack of talent that doomed us.

Had Lloyd, the other WR, and Orton not stepped up this offense would be in deep deep trouble.

Still when game on the line Orton doesn't seem to score. Also when another team needs scores they always get them on our defense. Sanchez stinks and even he could bring his team back.

baja
10-17-2010, 09:25 PM

Lot's of those teams have big problems though, just like Broncos, so i guess winning half of them is doable. We finish 6-10 or 7-9 maybe. Pretty much what I figured.

What is hard to stomach is how bad the team seems to be coached. Special teams blunders all yr, plays where not enough men are on the field, giving wins to team with penalties and fumbles etc.

I really thought Mcdaniels would have them playing solid football, and it would be our lack of talent that doomed us.

Had Lloyd, the other WR, and Orton not stepped up this offense would be in deep deep trouble.

Still when game on the line Orton doesn't seem to score. Also when another team needs scores they always get them on our defense. Sanchez stinks and even he could bring his team back.

Did you not notice the improved run D (with all our injuries on D)?

Did you not notice the running game starting to emerge?

Have you not noticed Orton's vast improvement? This was his worse game of the year and yet it would have been his second best game last year. Where has the noodle arm complaint gone?

Did you not notice how the opponents return yards were cut way back?

We have been beating ourselves. This is what a rebuilding team do that is about to put it all together. We have been in every game?

What happened to you anyway? You have been level headed all season long. Frustrating lose I grant you. Maybe you will feel less bummed tomorrow after you have had time to review the game in your head. When you do thing about 4th and 6 play that we got that uncharacteristic PA call. I think it was a questionable call, one that should not have been made considering it handed the game to the Jets.

10-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I have to say I'm looking forward to Raiders/Broncos.

Someone's season is going down the tubes. Should be a dogfight.

azbroncfan
10-17-2010, 09:35 PM
I have to say I'm looking forward to Raiders/Broncos.

Someone's season is going down the tubes. Should be a dogfight.

What week will KC lose the division bobo?

Hulamau
10-17-2010, 10:19 PM

Thats the lamest weeny jive moves I've ever seen.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2010, 05:49 AM

You do realize he has been here for almost a decade right?

I mean, you were what, 4 years old in 2001?

TonyR
10-18-2010, 06:17 AM
I find it encouraging that after Josh McDaniels arrogantly dismissed people who pointed out that this Tebow kid might be good in short situations ("We're not going to do that in short yardage," McDaniels said. "People who mention that, I don't know, that's ridiculous."), used him in exactly that role today.

I'm too lazy to go back and look at the play by play but I'm not sure this is accurate. Tebow was used in a variety of situations and I think at most half of them, and probably less, would be considered "short yardage" situations. I know for a fact he came in on first down a few times. Sorry but 1st and 10 isn't remotely a short yardage situation. So you're wrong, he wasn't used "in exactly that role today".

The Joker
10-18-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm too lazy to go back and look at the play by play but I'm not sure this is accurate. Tebow was used in a variety of situations and I think at most half of them, and probably less, would be considered "short yardage" situations. I know for a fact in came in on first down a few times. Sorry but 1st and 10 isn't remotely a short yardage situation. So you're wrong, he wasn't used "in exactly that role today".

That's not even the point though.

Do people honestly expect that if McDaniels is secretly planning on using Tebow at some point in the near future he's going to come right out and say it? Basic common sense says you keep it to yourself so that opponents don't gameplan for it.

jhns
10-18-2010, 06:55 AM
Something isn't right because we were never that bad over any stretch with Shannahan...

This point isn't valid on this forum. This forum is filled with what we call the social Bronco fan. They don't care about all of the winning and football stuff. They care about meeting new people, making friends, and maybe finding a party by claiming to like football. What happens on the field just isn't on their radar. Just look at the responses to your posts. Winning just doesn't matter.

TonyR
10-18-2010, 06:58 AM
That's not even the point though.

Do people honestly expect that if McDaniels is secretly planning on using Tebow at some point in the near future he's going to come right out and say it? Basic common sense says you keep it to yourself so that opponents don't gameplan for it.

I agree. I was more just pointing out that he wasn't used specifically in short yardage situations as the post I was refuting incorrectly suggested.

Dagmar
10-18-2010, 06:58 AM

Having a social life is apparently not yours.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 07:22 AM
This point isn't valid on this forum. This forum is filled with what we call the social Bronco fan. They don't care about all of the winning and football stuff. They care about meeting new people, making friends, and maybe finding a party by claiming to like football. What happens on the field just isn't on their radar. Just look at the responses to your posts. Winning just doesn't matter.

I see you've met your next boyfriend on our fine little "social" site. Let us know which one of you decides he wants to be the bottom.

jhns
10-18-2010, 07:29 AM
I see you've met your next boyfriend on our fine little "social" site. Let us know which one of you decides he wants to be the bottom.

There is no decision to be made. I am the man, he gets the bottom.

baja
10-18-2010, 08:28 AM
There is no decision to be made. I am the man,<b> he gets the bottom.

Your's ???

jhns
10-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Your's ???

Your is? Your was? I don't get it.

Anyways, there is no need to turn this into a gay thing.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-18-2010, 08:37 AM
Nothing like grammar and spelling smack to those who have no point.

jhns
10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Nothing like grammar and spelling smack to those who have no point.

I was supposed to have a point when responding to that post? That makes sense.

jhns
10-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Your's ???

You see, McDaniels just isn't a good coach. A well coached team doesn't have so many penalties and dumb mistakes holding them back.

baja
10-18-2010, 08:46 AM
You see, McDaniels just isn't a good coach. A well coached team doesn't have so many penalties and dumb mistakes holding them back.

All part of a rebuild, it takes time together to iron that out. have you not noticed improvement in that area from game one till now?

baja
10-18-2010, 08:49 AM

The difference between you and I is I am enjoying watching the team getting better while you focus on the areas needing improvement.

Who do you think enjoys the current Broncos more?

jhns
10-18-2010, 08:54 AM
All part of a rebuild, it takes time together to iron that out. have you not noticed improvement in that area from game one till now?

What are you seeing? We were way better in McDaniels first games here than we are now. He has regressed with every game. His record has only gotten worse the more he coaches. We did not lose games because of penalties and dumb mistakes when he first took over. That came about game 7 of last season and hasn't stopped. He already is setting losing streaks that Shanahan has never had.

jhns
10-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Who do you think enjoys the current Broncos more?

I'm not sure why you think it is a contest.

The Joker
10-18-2010, 09:05 AM

We don't commit an excessive number of penalties, 37 through 6 games is pretty much right in the middle of the pack in the NFL.

Ravens have committed 61 penalties in the same number of games, their coaches must be horrific.

baja
10-18-2010, 09:07 AM
I'm not sure why you think it is a contest.

Contest???

Dude I could care less if you enjoy the team or not just giving you food for thought.

jhns
10-18-2010, 09:11 AM
We don't commit an excessive number of penalties, 37 through 6 games is pretty much right in the middle of the pack in the NFL.

Ravens have committed 61 penalties in the same number of games, their coaches must be horrific.

That isn't a count of dumb mistakes. That is only a count of penalties. The Ravens coaches also aren't losing games because of penalties and dumb mistakes. Your logic that they are bad just because of penalties is quite the failure. But yes, they do have some stuff to work on if they are averaging over 10 penalties a game.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM

http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/3/9/1/0/pwned.jpg

jhns
10-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Contest???

Dude I could care less if you enjoy the team or not just giving you food for thought.

Then I will answer your question. I have no clue who enjoys it more since I can't be both you and me while the games are on(or ever).

jhns
10-18-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.zgeek.com/forum/gallery/files/1/3/9/1/0/pwned.jpg

LOL @ your small brains.

Me: "1 + 1 = 2"

You guys: "So what you are saying is 1 = 2."

Brilliant!

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
It's so cute how you like to twist every little argument to fit your needs. Oh, so now it's not penalties, but some statistic you like to call "dumb mistakes". Dude, you said penalties and were called out on it. ****ing man up once in a while.

jhns
10-18-2010, 09:32 AM
It's so cute how you like to twist every little argument to fit your needs. Oh, so now it's not penalties, but some statistic you like to call "dumb mistakes". Dude, you said penalties and were called out on it. ****ing man up once in a while.

So in your little world of making stuff up, did we win the SB last year? I would love for you to just post this entire conversation again and clearly point out how I didn't mention dumb mistakes(or losing) and only said penalties make a coaching staff bad. I am interested to see the error of my ways so I can say sorry and admit my mistake.

baja
10-18-2010, 09:36 AM
Then I will answer your question. I have no clue who enjoys it more since I can't be both you and me while the games are on(or ever).

Dude all I have to do is read your posts to know the answer to that.

jhns
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Dude all I have to do is read your posts to know the answer to that.

Well this is true. The last two seasons have shown that you enjoy losing a LOT more than I do.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 09:56 AM

You said "so many" penalties and were promptly shown that there hasn't been an excessive or extraordinary number of penalties. By your correlation, heavily penalized teams are poorly coached. That simply isn't true but you like to spin it and bring up the "dumb mistakes" thing which cannot be quantified and shown to be a measurement of a coach's worth. Even still, coaches don't coach penalties. So why try to bring it up an another of your dumb attempts to slight the head coach?

55CrushEm
10-18-2010, 09:58 AM

And you think this why? Because we shut down Chris Johnson? Because we pretty much shut down the Jets running game for most of yesterday?

Nah.....I'd say our run D is VASTLY improved over last year....at least with the eye-ball test.

jhns
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM
You said "so many" penalties and were promptly shown that there hasn't been an excessive or extraordinary number of penalties. By your correlation, heavily penalized teams are poorly coached. That simply isn't true but you like to spin it and bring up the "dumb mistakes" thing which cannot be quantified and shown to be a measurement of a coach's worth. Even still, coaches don't coach penalties. So why try to bring it up an another of your dumb attempts to slight the head coach?

Your spin of what I said is just retarded. The only way you make it work is to cut out a small part of a sentence and pretend that it is all that I said. I get better arguments from 5 year olds.

So many penalties AND dumb mistakes. There is an and there. There is also a part in that sentence that says when those things are holding the team back(the team is losing). It isn't hard to qualify what dumb mistakes are either. Really, I should just not say penalties because they are dumb mistakes. Bad snaps are dumb mistakes. A receiver running one route as the QB throws to a different one, is a dumb mistake. The list goes on for a long time. You are right, the coach doesn't teach penalties or dumb mistakes. They are supposed to have the players prepared enough that they aren't making these dumb mistakes.

I just have to ask, are you really arguing that these things are not a sign of bad coaching?

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Just like I said. You spin **** however you like. Adding the "and" in there justifies your original point? Bull****.

jhns
10-18-2010, 10:30 AM
Just like I said. You spin **** however you like. Adding the "and" in there justifies your original point? Bull****.

The "and" was in the original point... You taking a fragment of a sentence out of context to prove a point is just ridiculous. Ridiculous and funny.

You do know that you pay for your education with taxes, right? Why not take advantage of this fact?

baja
10-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Well this is true. The last two seasons have shown that you enjoy losing a LOT more than I do.

It's really hard to have any kind of discussion with you. You are such a disingenuous poster, border line troll really.

I doubt you think any poster here likes to see the Broncos lose but if there were such a fan you would likely be the one because losing supports your rant.

Dagmar
10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
It's really hard to have any kind of discussion with you. You are such a disingenuous poster, border line troll really.

I doubt you think any poster here likes to see the Broncos lose but if there were such a fan you would likely be the one because losing supports your rant.

Border line?
Border line??
He crossed that border a long time ago, around the time we fired Shanahan, traded Cutler and he forgot to change his tampon.

He would go away if people stopped engaging him.

jhns
10-18-2010, 10:39 AM

You doubt that I think any poster here enjoys losing as you say I probably enjoy losing.

I seemed to have erased the first paragraph of this post when I quoted it. Do you mind going over it again?

go_broncos
10-24-2010, 04:51 PM
if you are one of the worst team in NFL..no game is easy.

WABronco
10-24-2010, 05:01 PM
great thread. Solid takes.