PDA

View Full Version : The AFC West sucks

Kaylore
10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Seriously.

Discuss.

Goobzilla
10-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Definitely a down year. Who wins a 4 way tiebreaker @ 8-8?

Kaylore
10-17-2010, 05:39 PM

I'd love to feel confident we go 6-4 the remaining ten games. Unfortunately we're too banged up for me to feel great about that. It's looking like we could split the remaining and still finish second in the division.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-17-2010, 05:39 PM
I think the Chiefs are pretty good. We've been impressive in defeat.

ro_50
10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
Will any team get to 8 wins?

orangemonkey
10-17-2010, 05:41 PM
The Broncos suck

enjolras
10-17-2010, 05:42 PM

They really aren't.

Kaylore
10-17-2010, 05:43 PM
The Broncos suck

Thank you, Cutler Humper/McDaniels hater. You suck too.

Man-Goblin
10-17-2010, 05:44 PM
The Chiefs' schedule is cake. If they can't get to 9 wins shame on them.

The game against Jacksonville and today will be the Broncos downfall. My god today is the toughest loss to take in a long time. Still sitting in the parking lot at the fox and hound staring at my dirty windshield.

Missouribronc
10-17-2010, 05:45 PM
They really aren't.

The Chiefs are probably going to win the division.

orangemonkey
10-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Thank you, Cutler Humper/McDaniels hater. You suck too.

ok ass****. You just said our whole conference (scratch) divison - sucked so you pretty much agree with me. Go back to your video games loser.

Hercules Rockefeller
The Chiefs are probably going to win the division.

Doesn't mean they're any good, they haven't beat anyone.

Missouribronc
The Chiefs' schedule is cake. If they can't get to 9 wins shame on them.

The game against Jacksonville and today will be the Broncos downfall. My god today the toughest loss to take in a long time. Still sitting in the parking lot at the fox and hound staring at my dirty windshield.

If the Chiefs can't get to 10 wins I will be surprised.

Kaylore
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
ok ass****. You just said our whole conference (scratch) divison - sucked so you pretty much agree with me. Go back to your video games loser.

You've been a whiny whore since your girlfriend got traded.

orangemonkey
10-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Seriously we have one of the best pass offensive lines in the leage. How do we have one of the worst rush O lines in the league? Teams that can pass block can usually run block. We're a joke.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-17-2010, 05:52 PM
They really aren't.

No, they really are.

Defense looked great against Indy.

Offense looked great against Houston.

We'll put it together. We're a young team on an upswing.

It's been awhile since our last first-round playoff loss. About time to make some more memories.

Hulamau
10-17-2010, 05:54 PM

If the Chiefs had have the key injuries we have and had to play our last 4 game schedule, I doubt you'd be offering that analysis.
the Chiefs do look better no doubt,

But the Broncos played tough all game but have just too many guys out to turn the tide.

This was a real heartbreaker the way it ended with up outplayign teh Jets gbut losign on a questionable interference call. Last years team would have likely folded after such a loss but I think we're gonna come out smoking next Sunday, beat SF in London and go into the bye .500 and ready to do make a run in the second half of the season.

The division could come down to the Broncos and Chiefs if we can get a little inuury break from here on.

orangemonkey
10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
You've been a whiny whore since your girlfriend got traded.

whatever trekkie. so many mistakes were made by McD to-date but I've been pleasantly surprised by Orton's progress. Ate crow on it in fact.
That said, there are so many holes in this team, it's sad. We're not good so deal with it. I'm pretty sure you agree with me.

Traps, cuts, pulls - we don't do it. We're a wanna-be Patriots team and it pisses me off. The Broncos have lost their identity. So Spock, call me when you find it.

Popps
10-17-2010, 05:56 PM
This Chefs have a decent squad. There's no way around it. Lucky for us their QB isn't great, but he's good enough to keep them in games.

SD may be taking a real step back, but they always start slowly.

We're an injury-decimated team that would probably have a winning record if healthy, but here we are.

Oakland is a turd-pile, but they'll play their Superbowl against us, of course.

Missouribronc
10-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Doesn't mean they're any good, they haven't beat anyone.

You might want to check your facts. I believe they have four wins.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-17-2010, 06:00 PM
You might want to check your facts. I believe they have four wins.

They've won 3. Next time you want to call someone out get your **** right.

Oooooohhhhh, they've beat SD, SF, and Cleveland. Like I said, they haven't beat anyone.

Kaylore
10-17-2010, 06:01 PM
whatever trekkie. so many mistakes were made by McD to-date but I've been pleasantly surprised by Orton's progress. Ate crow on it in fact.
That said, there are so many holes in this team, it's sad. We're not good so deal with it. I'm pretty sure you agree with me.

Traps, cuts, pulls - we don't do it. We're a wanna-be Patriots team and it pisses me off. The Broncos have lost their identity. So Spock, call me when you find it.

Actually I agree with most of this. If we weren't missing most of our starters things would be different. However the special teams, offensive line and red zone performances are inexcusable. They should fire Priefer tomorrow.

Hulamau
10-17-2010, 06:02 PM
We can still make 8-8 or even 9-7 ....And with a lot of luck even 10-6 is still within dreaming range .. but fading. :-)

Im certainly not predicting 10 - 6 from here, but 9-7 to 8-8 is still a reasonable shot and in this division 9-7 may well be enough to take it! Sad to say.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-17-2010, 06:03 PM
i still figure SD wins this division. We really needed this game. really really did.

orangemonkey
10-17-2010, 06:06 PM
Actually I agree with most of this. If we weren't missing most of our starters things would be different. However the special teams, offensive line and red zone performances are inexcusable. They should fire Priefer tomorrow.
im an a-hole for attacking you. sorry for that. I'm pissed. I've become a big orton fan the past 3 weeks but I'm bummed right now. Half of me came forward with McD too, but I'm starting to wonder if we've been sold a bag of goods.

bronco militia
10-17-2010, 06:07 PM
I only care about the broncos...the rest of the division can eat a bowl of dicks

ScottXray
10-17-2010, 06:15 PM
We have to go on a win streak, NOW.

Cannot afford to drop division games with 4 AFC losses already. We need to go 5-1 in the division or it (winning record) will slip away again. Still doubt we can make the playoffs but everyone is waiting for us and 9 wins is probably enough.

Again DIVISION games are the key this year, just like every year.

Chiefs look pretty good and are in the drivers seat (for now). With their schedule they look to remain there, and SD is pissing away their season again.
Raiduhs will be looking to get healthy agasint us next week, and we absolutele must win or we dig it too deep.

Lets hope that we can win 2 to start things off then use the BYE to get a little healthier.

Hulamau
10-17-2010, 06:25 PM
This Chefs have a decent squad. There's no way around it. Lucky for us their QB isn't great, but he's good enough to keep them in games.

SD may be taking a real step back, but they always start slowly.

We're an injury-decimated team that would probably have a winning record if healthy, but here we are.

Oakland is a turd-pile, but they'll play their Superbowl against us, of course.

Yep, this was a REALLY heartberaking way to lose a game we should have, and were one play away from, winning!

After taking an hour to let the depression bleed out of the system a little bit, The initial anger and frustration has settled some and stepping back to view the whole picutre, I'm as proud of the way they fought today as I am disappointed in the ways we again shot ourselves in the foot, and thus were not able to seal the deal.

This was a game after lthe last two weeks and playing two murderously tough back to back games on the road with all the key injuries on top, that a lessor team could have mailed in.

There is no consolation prize in this league, but missing the guys we did and having to drag several guys off the practice squad to field the team .. No Doom or Ayers .. No Goodie or Dawk nor his backup McBath etc.

Vickerson too leaving early in the 3rd ... and we still played them straight up and but for that damn interference call which was veyry close (wish Hill had a little more awareness and not brush his facemask).. Had it gone our way we go away with a major, probably season turning, victory against one of the best teams in the league.

Who amongst us really honestly thought we had a shot in this game after last week and the injuires??? Raise your hand!!

That we controlled their run game when they could easily have racked up 250 yards on our banged up D.

We still are making too many critical mistakes.. and while I question a few of our play calls there were a lot of very nice calls too today. Kyle was a bit off on some of his passes today, but crap like muffed snaps and not maintaining smart situational awareness such as NEVER come close to interference when its a 4th and 6 and its a hail mary from 55 yards out... those were killers!

Wasn't so happy on the Tebow snaps on the last drive after Orton just ran for 13 yards for the first down, but maybe Orton was gassed or dinged and needed a breather?

Whatever, we are what we are at this point. Not likely to hit the playoffs but still within reach. I want to see them bounce back even stronger next week that they did this week and start to put a run together.

The next two games will tell all if we're going to have an outside chance at the playoffs after the bye.

TheReverend
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
I've said it before but it bears repeating: We're fine. We're slowly getting healthy and now the majority of our games come against the two worst divisions in football, the NFCW and AFCW

WolfpackGuy
10-17-2010, 07:13 PM
7-9 might win this thing

gunns
10-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Not the year I'd really want to win the West. Not much to brag about if you do and an almost certain one and done.

BroncosSR
10-17-2010, 07:20 PM
i still figure SD wins this division. We really needed this game. really really did.

Yep. Today was pivotal. We all can hate on SD but we know they do this every year and they are an extremely dangerous when they get their shizzle together.

rmsanger
10-17-2010, 08:03 PM
We are tied for the worst division in football with the NFCW and I wouldn't put it past them to be us head/head.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-17-2010, 08:04 PM
We are tied for the worst division in football with the NFCW and I wouldn't put it past them to be us head/head.

didnt we all beat them in week 2?

tsiguy96
10-17-2010, 09:23 PM
we are 2-4 and only one game back in the division. pathetic, yes, but we are still in it iwth 10 games to go. if this team gets to playoffs they could be dangerous just because of the weapons on both sides of the ball, they just gotta put it together soon.

DivineBronco
10-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Yep. Today was pivotal. We all can hate on SD but we know they do this every year and they are an extremely dangerous when they get their shizzle together.

I don't know about you but I have seen nothing to indicate that the aforementioned **** will be gotten together this year they are the cowboys of the AFC...complete with mild mannered coach that lets the inmates run the asylum

BroncosSR
10-17-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't know about you but I have seen nothing to indicate that the aforementioned **** will be gotten together this year they are the cowboys of the AFC...complete with mild mannered coach that lets the inmates run the asylum

I hear ya but I'm not counting them out until they've been statistically eliminated by Stephen Hawkings himself. Despite their record, Rivers is playing as good as Orton if not better. They've got the pieces there and I've seen it happen more times than I care to remember...

doonwise
10-17-2010, 10:51 PM
the chiefs are probably going to win the division.
lol

houghtam
10-17-2010, 10:56 PM

Down year? The West hasn't had two teams above .500 since 2006. This division has been weak for a bit now.

HAT
10-17-2010, 11:04 PM
not the year i'd really want to win the west. Not much to brag about if you do and an almost certain one and done.

wow. ???

The MVPlaya
10-17-2010, 11:07 PM
Not the year I'd really want to win the West. Not much to brag about if you do and an almost certain one and done.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/14/tumblr_kxn8uuuO061qanb21o1_500.jpg

http://i54.tinypic.com/2qut92d.gif

Bronco Yoda
10-17-2010, 11:07 PM
I still can't believe the Chargers lost today. LMAO!

ZachKC
10-17-2010, 11:08 PM

It seems to me that is preferable to not winning the West.

HEAV
10-17-2010, 11:09 PM
We play our first divisional next week. So if we can sweep Chefs,Boltz and Faid then it's ours. Not saying it will happen, just looking on the brite side, it could happen. But it will take the return of Dawkins,Goodman and the O-line has to get it's stuff together along with Knowshon finally steeping up to the level he should be at by now.

The Joker
10-17-2010, 11:13 PM
The degree to which the Chargers are sucking is stunning to me. I know they always start slow under Norv but with their schedule this year I thought they'd be about 4-2 at this point.

They play New England, Tennessee and Houston before the bye, three tough games that they have to figure out a way to win two of.

It'll come down to the division games, quite likely. If we can get to the bye at 4-4 I'll be feeling good about our chances, the Ravens game was ugly but apart from that we've been competitive in every game we've played this year, and against some really good opponents at that.

I'm nervous about Oakland next week though, we've **** the bed at home to them two years in a row now. A good, soild win would be a big step forward for this team.

ZachKC
10-17-2010, 11:17 PM
The degree to which the Chargers are sucking is stunning to me. I know they always start slow under Norv but with their schedule this year

Yea, the "we start slow" card is fading here. At some point you are not playing as well as you should.

NFLBRONCO
10-17-2010, 11:48 PM
Denver can still win the division but, now at 2-4 Denver can't afford losses to Oak SF Ariz type teams. I want Denver to take division not get handed division by default.

The Joker
10-17-2010, 11:57 PM
There's not a single game left on our schedule that I look at and think we don't have a decent shot to win.

Now I'm not saying there are any gimmes on there or anything, but if we play well on both sides of the ball I think we'll give pretty much any team left on our schedule a really good game and can win 6 or 7 of our last 10 games.

Arizona
St. Louis
San Fran
Houston

Then 6 divisional games.

Time to find out just who we are. We can't hang with the really elite teams in the league just yet, this last four weeks have shown us that. But it gets easier from here on, and if we can't win 6 of those games then I'll be very disappointed with the team.

NFLBRONCO
10-17-2010, 11:59 PM
Denver needs 10 wins imo.

JJJ
10-18-2010, 12:46 AM
KC's fade is starting much earlier than I expected. Most of their skill players weight around 160 lbs. They won't be around in December. Denver and SD in a stretch run.

footstepsfrom#27
10-18-2010, 12:51 AM
It seems to me that is preferable to not winning the West.
Yep...for a week. Then you're thinking about who you're losing out on in the draft in exchange for that extra week of kidding yourself. I don't care about playoffs...I want rings.

ZachKC
10-18-2010, 01:04 AM
KC's fade is starting much earlier than I expected. Most of their skill players weight around 160 lbs. They won't be around in December. Denver and SD in a stretch run.

Yes. Because Denver is usually strong down the stretch...
Ha!

ZachKC
10-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Yep...for a week. Then you're thinking about who you're losing out on in the draft in exchange for that extra week of kidding yourself. I don't care about playoffs...I want rings.

And not winning your division is a great way to get them...or something.

Broncos_OTM
10-18-2010, 05:26 AM
I think the Chiefs are pretty good. We've been impressive in defeat.Umm thats funny. You guys are just happy you aint getting killed.

Broncos_OTM
10-18-2010, 05:30 AM
And not winning your division is a great way to get them...or something.

Has it been that long you guys have been on top. You guys have beat noone. you are ****ting 3-2. 3-2 Like almost 50 percent winning...

tsiguy96
10-18-2010, 06:29 AM
so crazy that at 2-4, we are only one game behind and already past the tough part of the schedule. not out of this by any means. in 2-3 weeks, have to see where its at then, but they need to put it together soon.

Rock Chalk
10-18-2010, 06:36 AM
I've said it before but it bears repeating: We're fine. We're slowly getting healthy and now the majority of our games come against the two worst divisions in football, the NFCW and AFCW

And the lone game not against those teams is against a team that's major weakness is our major strength.

55CrushEm
10-18-2010, 06:58 AM
If the Chiefs had have the key injuries we have and had to play our last 4 game schedule, I doubt you'd be offering that analysis.
the Chiefs do look better no doubt,

But the Broncos played tough all game but have just too many guys out to turn the tide.

This was a real heartbreaker the way it ended with up outplayign teh Jets gbut losign on a questionable interference call. Last years team would have likely folded after such a loss but I think we're gonna come out smoking next Sunday, beat SF in London and go into the bye .500 and ready to do make a run in the second half of the season.

The division could come down to the Broncos and Chiefs if we can get a little inuury break from here on.

This. I'm not into predictions....and yes, yesterday was a gut-wrenching loss. But I feel no worse about our chances of winning this division.

SD is dog ****, and while they have Rivers....they don't have nearly as many weapons as we do in OUR passing game.

KC is looking good....but their QB sucks. Really, when KC is down a score or 2 late, is Cassel the guy to lead them back?

Oakland......meh.

Now Denver.....we have shown that our running defense is pretty darn good....shutting down Chris Johnson, and now the Jets top running game for most of the game. If our running game gets better (and it clearly did yesterday)....with Orton at the helm.....we could do good things the second half of this year.......and....I wouldn't be shocked at all if we win the West....DESPITE our ridiculous plague of injuries.

So, yes.....I predict the Broncos will win the AFC West this year at 9-7, optimistically 10-6. Screw the naysayers....:thanku:

The Joker
10-18-2010, 07:07 AM
And the lone game not against those teams is against a team that's major weakness is our major strength.

Houston game will be a shootout IMO, can see that going either way.

jhns
10-18-2010, 07:12 AM
You are right that this is a **** division. There should be no excuses for not winning it.

Black96WS6
10-18-2010, 09:41 AM

With a hobbled Gates\Floyd? An OL that can't protect Rivers? (He just set the record for most sacks taken yesterday) - Plus terrible special teams? Maybe they can overcome one of possibly two of those things, but all of them?

Next week, NE comes to SD. I am not predicting a Chargers win. That means they go to 2-5.

Then the Titans come in, could go either way. Let's say they win. 3-5.

Then they go to Houston. The Chargers are winless on the road. They've lost to juggernauts STL and OAK in their house. I don't see them going into Houston and winning. 3-6.

Denver comes to SD after the bye. Toss-up. Let's say they win. 4-6.

Then SD goes to Indianapolis. Sure, PAST teams have owned the Colts. What makes you think that will be the case this year, on the road? 4-7.

Bottom line is, even assuming they beat Tenn and Den, they still will most likely be 4-7 at that point. And if they lose 1 or both of those games? You can kiss the season goodbye.

Of course, this is the AFC West, and this prediction is based purely on the way the team has been playing up to this point, so who knows? But based on team performance through the first 6 games (we're 2 games from the halfway mark), they look terrible.

baja
10-18-2010, 10:14 AM
With a hobbled Gates\Floyd? An OL that can't protect Rivers? (He just set the record for most sacks taken yesterday) - Plus terrible special teams? Maybe they can overcome one of possibly two of those things, but all of them?

Next week, NE comes to SD. I am not predicting a Chargers win. That means they go to 2-5.

Then the Titans come in, could go either way. Let's say they win. 3-5.

Then they go to Houston. The Chargers are winless on the road. They've lost to juggernauts STL and OAK in their house. I don't see them going into Houston and winning. 3-6.

Denver comes to SD after the bye. Toss-up. Let's say they win. 4-6.

Then SD goes to Indianapolis. Sure, PAST teams have owned the Colts. What makes you think that will be the case this year, on the road? 4-7.

Bottom line is, even assuming they beat Tenn and Den, they still will most likely be 4-7 at that point. And if they lose 1 or both of those games? You can kiss the season goodbye.

Of course, this is the AFC West, and this prediction is based purely on the way the team has been playing up to this point, so who knows? But based on team performance through the first 6 games (we're 2 games from the halfway mark), they look terrible.

Not to mention Gates is out for a while.

The Joker
10-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Any more news on Gates actually?

oubronco
10-18-2010, 02:03 PM
The Broncos suck

Please do us all a favor and go root for another team, i'll never understand why guys like you whine and cry all the time and keep saying your fans of the Denver Broncos

enjolras
10-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Please do us all a favor and go root for another team, i'll never understand why guys like you whine and cry all the time and keep saying your fans of the Denver Broncos

It's the internet combined with good old fashioned entitlement. Folks have really lost their damn minds. Everybody is an expert (on everything). Everybody is quite convinced that their team should win a superbowl every year. It's more important to be 'right' than to just have fun and root for your team.

Kinda sucks really.

NFLBRONCO
10-18-2010, 03:56 PM
AFC West= Big 12 north

KCStud
10-18-2010, 04:08 PM
The last 2 weeks, the AFC West is 1-7 and a shocking 0-6 outside of the divison.

55CrushEm
10-18-2010, 04:10 PM
So, we all know that 6 of our final 10 games are in division.

Ready for some really.....useless.....trivial.....info......?

After tonight we will be one of only two NFL teams that has not yet played a division game.....(Tennessee will play their 1st tonight, and would have been the 3rd team otherwise)......

....the other team is the NY Giants.

Yay for useless information! :thanku:

Champagne Powder
10-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Kaywhore sucks more than the AFC West.

orange 4 life
10-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Seriously.

Discuss.

Yes it does.

Well except maybe for the Denver Broncos.
Yes, I know our record.

That said only Baltimore really stuck it to us (as usual) and even in that game if it weren't for awful coaching the first drive after halftime (punting from THEIR 37 down ten? Really?) it might've actually turned into a game.

Indy we imploded and still kept it competitive.
We BEAT the R E F S refs refs refs except for one awful call that changed the game. And we beat them despite a questionable game plan, an off game for our franchise qb (no, that would NOT be Tebow), consistently poor play calling, a botched snap on a fg, a Moreno fumble, etc.

This is a good team here in Denver. Just might be a very good team.
If that game ends as it should we're 3-3 and most people are talking about us being primed to make a big move.
As it is we're 2-4 and will get ignored.
That said we should win our next three (I don't think Orton, Graham, Dawkins, etc. will let the rest of the team quit) and be at 5-4.
In a weak division all is not lost. That was a huge game and an awful way to lose but we can bounce back and play with a vengeance.

400HZ
10-18-2010, 06:24 PM
KC finishes 9-7 and wins the division.

SlipperyPete
10-18-2010, 06:41 PM
KC's fade is starting much earlier than I expected.

Really? You were expecting them to win back to back road games in Indy and Houston?

Jesterhole
10-18-2010, 07:24 PM
This is probably the least exciting the division has been in a while. Definitely since we got rid of that god awful Seattle crap.

Only one team has a bona fide franchise QB, and he's a total asshole, so it's not like I can respect and root for him from afar, like Manning. There are no great running backs. No game breaking wideouts. No great defenders except Champ.

I really do think we could send a 8-8 playoff team.

Arkie
10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
It looks like KC wins 11.