tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 08:25 PM
my trade on the table:

i give:
michael crabtree
shonn greene

i get:
malcom floyd

starters: hillis, charles, CJ, brandon marshall, either crabtree or floyd for #3.
backups: greene is current backup, after this trade it would be brandon jackson.

do i do it?

extralife
10-16-2010, 08:31 PM
If CJ is Chris Johnson, probably. If it's CJ Spiller, no.

The Joker
10-16-2010, 10:44 PM
Calvin Johnson.

I'd probably do it. Floyd is a lock to put up decent numbers pretty much every week, and Brandon Jackson isn't really a downgrade on Greene with the way LT is running the ball.

My question of the week.

Do I start Roethlisberger (home to Cleveland) or Romo (@ Minny)?

Love the matchup for Roethlisberger, but it's risky with it being his first game. Cowboys can't run the ball and it will all be on Romo to move the ball for Dallas. If he has a good day, he could have monster numbers, but he could get shut down also.

tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 11:23 PM
brandon jackson is just a backup, same with greene, so im not worried about them. if LT breaks down, then, but im at a point where i need to win atleast 5 of next 6 to sniff playoffs.

Jerry Curl
10-17-2010, 04:34 AM
do the trade, start Romo.

Jennings or Addai at flex? leaning towards Jennings.

The Joker
10-17-2010, 05:05 AM
I'd go with Jennings, surely only a matter of time until he produces a big week.

I'm leaning more towards Roethlisberger at the moment. Vikings have only allowed 3 passing TD's in 4 games while the Browns have given up 8 in 4. I also have Mendenhall, so I figure if I start both of them there'll be some points in it for me.

Cooley or Garcon?

Drek
10-17-2010, 05:45 AM
my trade on the table:

i give:
michael crabtree
shonn greene

i get:
malcom floyd

starters: hillis, charles, CJ, brandon marshall, either crabtree or floyd for #3.
backups: greene is current backup, after this trade it would be brandon jackson.

do i do it?

How deep is your league?

I think you could potentially do better than this for return value, but if you're in a 8 or 10 team league I'd probably do it since you could waiver wire a nice flyer into the open roster spot. If you're in a 12 man league I'd check to see who would be filling the open roster spot. If its an absolute scrub then it gets tough to make the move, but its likely you'll find someone worth grabbing. This isn't the best time to start consolidating depth into top level starters, but you'll want to start that at some point as bye weeks pass.

What is your record? I'd personally say you're more in need of RB help than WR help. If you've been winning it might be worth holding onto the lottery ticket presented by Greene since if he takes over the starting job (Tomlinson is old and has high miles) your RB issues will be largely resolved. If you aren't winning though then you can't really afford to wait on depth to pan out and getting top tier players regardless of position is necessary to get back in the win column on a regular basis.

Drek
10-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Calvin Johnson.

I'd probably do it. Floyd is a lock to put up decent numbers pretty much every week, and Brandon Jackson isn't really a downgrade on Greene with the way LT is running the ball.

My question of the week.

Do I start Roethlisberger (home to Cleveland) or Romo (@ Minny)?

Love the matchup for Roethlisberger, but it's risky with it being his first game. Cowboys can't run the ball and it will all be on Romo to move the ball for Dallas. If he has a good day, he could have monster numbers, but he could get shut down also.

Romo is likely a better start week to week over Rapistburger, so I wouldn't even question it for this week.

Bendalf the Grey has a habit of putting up wierd 15/30, 190 yard, 3 TD games, he's like the reverse of a RB touchdown vulturing the passing game. That being said, Romo has been a solid every week start and he's got passing weapons galore in Dallas. You got to ride with that. Might not be bad to shop one of them for value in a week or two if Roofiesberger starts to light it up. But give it at least a week (as in today's and next week's game) because two solid performances will really jack his value up for QB strapped guys in your league.

tsiguy96
10-17-2010, 07:27 AM
How deep is your league?

I think you could potentially do better than this for return value, but if you're in a 8 or 10 team league I'd probably do it since you could waiver wire a nice flyer into the open roster spot. If you're in a 12 man league I'd check to see who would be filling the open roster spot. If its an absolute scrub then it gets tough to make the move, but its likely you'll find someone worth grabbing. This isn't the best time to start consolidating depth into top level starters, but you'll want to start that at some point as bye weeks pass.

What is your record? I'd personally say you're more in need of RB help than WR help. If you've been winning it might be worth holding onto the lottery ticket presented by Greene since if he takes over the starting job (Tomlinson is old and has high miles) your RB issues will be largely resolved. If you aren't winning though then you can't really afford to wait on depth to pan out and getting top tier players regardless of position is necessary to get back in the win column on a regular basis.

had an awful draft, started 1-4, doing massive wheeling and dealing to try and get abck into playoff hunt.

i made the trade, i need to win right now, i cant wait for greene or crabtree to develop this season any more, even if its next game, i gotta start now.

i have backup WR, QB and RBs of kenny britt, matt ryan and brandon jackson, so my backups are not bad, the person who will fill this roster spot is likely best player available on waivers next week.

Drek
10-17-2010, 07:40 AM
had an awful draft, started 1-4, doing massive wheeling and dealing to try and get abck into playoff hunt.

i made the trade, i need to win right now, i cant wait for greene or crabtree to develop this season any more, even if its next game, i gotta start now.

i have backup WR, QB and RBs of kenny britt, matt ryan and brandon jackson, so my backups are not bad, the person who will fill this roster spot is likely best player available on waivers next week.

If you're 1-4 then yes, you absolutely have to make the trade. Pray to god that when you switch those guys out for Jackson on bye weeks that you get something worthwhile out of him though.

Do you have a flex position at all? Also, some guys who might be on the waiver wire worth checking out:

Felix Jones - supposed to see more carries in Dallas. Won't get goal line work but if he sees 15-20 carries a game he could be a passable RB2 or real good flex.

Danny Woodhead - taking over the Kevin Faulk role in New England, he's a gamble but I know at least NFL and ESPN leagues have him listed at WR. Someone getting 5 carries a game and 5 passing targets a game (Faulk's role) sucks for a RB but it makes a pretty solid WR3.

Tony Moeaki - a good play for TE if he's still available, he's the only guy who can apparently catch a football from Matt Cassel so red zone targets are sure to follow.

Deon Branch - restructured his '11 contract for the Pats already, don't be surprised if he fills the hole left by Moss moreso than Brandon Tate, though he is also another worthwhile gamble if he's still out there.

Mike Sims-Walker - getting dropped in a lot of leagues (I dropped him off my fantasy team in fact a few weeks ago). He's got upside still but it seems like Lewis has taken over the red zone targets for J-Ville which really hurts his value. Still not a horrible bye week play for a WR3.

James Harrison/Mike Bell - these guys just got swapped but are both the #2's behind backs who've had some injuries in recent weeks. They aren't good plays this week but if you have a free roster spot they might be worth carrying if McCoy or Hillis get knocked out for serious time.

*for TSI I'd STRONGLY recommend finding a way to get that Mike Bell handcuff going for Hillis if you can carry a 4th RB. Peyton has had injury problems dating back to college and has never been ridden as hard as he has this season. He's now going against a Steelers defense firing on all cylinders with Colt McCoy as the starter. The Steelers D has been explosive already this season and they've always been fans of cheap shots after the whistle. I would not surprise me at all if the Steelers end Hillis' season today.

If you're really desperate this week Josh Cribbs might get a good bit of wildcat work as long as Colt McCoy is the starter in Cleveland. Its a big risk against the Steelers D, but if you're desperate Cribbs does offer big game potential.

vancejohnson82
10-17-2010, 07:48 AM
Marshawn Lynch or Joseph Addai as my #2 RB??

Ive also got Dallas Clark...so I would be leaning on 2 Colts

tsiguy96
10-17-2010, 07:49 AM
yea i have an open spot i can get whoever i want for that final spot. cant pick them up right now but next week.

the rest of my team isnt awful, i had less than half of this team at the beginning of the year:

calvin johnson
malcom floyd
brandon marshall
peyton hillis
jamaal charles
brandon pettigrew
kyle orton
mason crosby
chicago D
patrick willis (sure the year i pick him he bums out)

my backups a little more suspect, but at this point it will be hard for me to go in and upgrade too much more, since all the better players are gone, just gotta hope this team will produce.

Drek
10-17-2010, 08:55 AM
Marshawn Lynch or Joseph Addai as my #2 RB??

Ive also got Dallas Clark...so I would be leaning on 2 Colts

Addai. Brown is out so Addai is assured almost all of the work and the Redskins D isn't too impressive.

You've got to wait on Lynch and see how he gets used. If He only sees 10-15 touches a game with Forsett and Washington each getting 5 he'll be a hard guy to start on anything but a bye week.

And relying on two Colts when they're Addai and Clark isn't a bad thing. Manning almost always guarantees points for his supporting cast. The fact that he didn't last week only increases the chances of having a big game this week.

broncos-rock
10-17-2010, 10:28 AM
I'd go with Jennings, surely only a matter of time until he produces a big week.

I'm leaning more towards Roethlisberger at the moment. Vikings have only allowed 3 passing TD's in 4 games while the Browns have given up 8 in 4. I also have Mendenhall, so I figure if I start both of them there'll be some points in it for me.

Cooley or Garcon?

I would start Roethlisberger and I go with Cooley over Garcon. The only thing I don't know about Roethlisberger is he maybe too amped up and try to do to much.

The Joker
11-21-2010, 03:49 AM
Who do I start as my #3 WR.

Garcon, Deion Branch or Patrick Crayton?

tsiguy96
11-21-2010, 04:14 AM
Who do I start as my #3 WR.

Garcon, Deion Branch or Patrick Crayton?

ideally find someone on waiver wire :D

probably branch or crayton, i think branch has slightly bigger upside this week but neither is guaranteed a catch

The Joker
11-21-2010, 04:37 AM
My two primary starters are Lloyd and Roddy White, so things could be worse.

Garcon has been a real disappointment for me. I figured he'd be their big play guy this year, but aside from the Redskins game he's done nothing really.

Waiver options are Amendola or Nate Washington, I'd be tempted by Washington with how bad the Redskins pass D looked last Monday.

tsiguy96
11-21-2010, 04:39 AM
My two primary starters are Lloyd and Roddy White, so things could be worse.

Garcon has been a real disappointment for me. I figured he'd be their big play guy this year, but aside from the Redskins game he's done nothing really.

Waiver options are Amendola or Nate Washington, I'd be tempted by Washington with how bad the Redskins pass D looked last Monday.

if you still have time pick up washington ASAP, hes had a few big games and britt is still out i believe.

tsiguy96
11-21-2010, 04:42 AM
damn, 2 washington defenders are out as well (landry, rogers). nate woulda been a big pickup this week im thinking.

The Joker
11-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Gonna pick him up, if he has a bad game I'm going to track you down and break your legs tsiguy.

Another question, is Tony Romo worth hanging on to?

I know he's injured now but my league's playoff schedule is Weeks 14-16, when the Cowboys have some nice matchups for their QB. I'm rolling with just Roethlisberger at the moment, the only waiver options are the likes of Kitna and Hasselbeck.

Any idea when Romo is expected back? I've heard nothing.

tsiguy96
11-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Gonna pick him up, if he has a bad game I'm going to track you down and break your legs tsiguy.

Another question, is Tony Romo worth hanging on to?

I know he's injured now but my league's playoff schedule is Weeks 14-16, when the Cowboys have some nice matchups for their QB. I'm rolling with just Roethlisberger at the moment, the only waiver options are the likes of Kitna and Hasselbeck.

Any idea when Romo is expected back? I've heard nothing.

hey just telling you what i would do, i think he gives you the most potential for a big game compared to the other guys on the team.

drop romo, big ben should be fine for teh rest of the year, even if romo comes back, no real guarantee he throws it 25 times.

The Joker
11-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Only messing with you man. :thumbsup:

ghwk
11-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Ok I start 3 wide receivers in my league. I have Boldin, Jeremy Maclin, Eddie Royal and Hines Ward. Royal and Ward both are questionable but are supposed to play. Out of the 4 who sits?

tsiguy96
11-21-2010, 05:07 AM
Ok I start 3 wide receivers in my league. I have Boldin, Jeremy Maclin, Eddie Royal and Hines Ward. Royal and Ward both are questionable but are supposed to play. Out of the 4 who sits?

royal seems to play his best against SD, but thats a tough one. glad im not in that spot.

cutthemdown
11-21-2010, 10:14 AM
damn, 2 washington defenders are out as well (landry, rogers). nate woulda been a big pickup this week im thinking.

I picked him up a few weeks ago. In my league you can't wait until the good matchup because it will be too late. So I did play him last week also and he did decent.

This week with 2 redskins out and Moss on the other side, CJ heating up, I bet he gets 6-7 balls 70-80 yrds and a score.

cutthemdown
11-21-2010, 10:15 AM

I'd sit royal. SD pass defense is tough and even when healthy Royal is a feast or famine type WR.

Broncoman13
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Alright, I have a couple questions for my big $ league...

Start three:

Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (TB), Nate Burleson, Michael Crabtree, and/or James Jones.

AJ and Mike Williams and probably Burleson since it looks like Driver is playing. Sound good?

At RB I have to start two... walking wounded my group is!!! Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis, Knowshon, Tolbert, *Mathews, *Torain, *Pierre Thomas

For this group I am struggling between Knowshon and Tolbert. Ryan Mathews is doubtful to play. The Chargers have the 5th ranked Rush D. I like the Law Firms' matchup against the Colts so I think I'll start him unless someone can convince me that I should start Knowshon and Tolbert?

Next week I get Vincent Jackson back in three of my leagues! Gonna help big time in this league especially. If Mike Williams keeps it up (as well as Crabtree) I will have a nice trio of receivers with Vincent Jackson, AJ, and Williams/Crabtree.

DenverBroncosJM
11-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Matthews is not going to play and if he does he won't be great. I am starting Tolbert he has a nose for the end zone and with all charger WR injuries they are going to run in the red zone.

DenverBroncosJM
11-21-2010, 10:46 AM
I also picked up D Thomas. Returning kicks should pay dividends this week wig how bad SD special teams are

cutthemdown
11-21-2010, 10:52 AM
Alright, I have a couple questions for my big $ league...

Start three:

Andre Johnson, Mike Williams (TB), Nate Burleson, Michael Crabtree, and/or James Jones.

AJ and Mike Williams and probably Burleson since it looks like Driver is playing. Sound good?

At RB I have to start two... walking wounded my group is!!! Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis, Knowshon, Tolbert, *Mathews, *Torain, *Pierre Thomas

For this group I am struggling between Knowshon and Tolbert. Ryan Mathews is doubtful to play. The Chargers have the 5th ranked Rush D. I like the Law Firms' matchup against the Colts so I think I'll start him unless someone can convince me that I should start Knowshon and Tolbert?

Next week I get Vincent Jackson back in three of my leagues! Gonna help big time in this league especially. If Mike Williams keeps it up (as well as Crabtree) I will have a nice trio of receivers with Vincent Jackson, AJ, and Williams/Crabtree.

I like law firm to do some damage against colts. Indy run d is bad and Chargers is really good. I would start Tolbert and Green Ellis.

Seriously Moreno a huge risk IMO. Even though he probably will get 80 combined yards and a chance to score, there is the possibility he could get shut down by chargers.

Chargers have a good defense that has played poorly. They always come out strong at end of season.

Your RBS actually have some good matchups this week. Broncos have been a little better lately in run defense but worrying about rivers will open things up for Tolbert.

ghwk
11-21-2010, 10:54 AM
I'd sit royal. SD pass defense is tough and even when healthy Royal is a feast or famine type WR.

That is what I decided to do. I should have mentioned that I also have Sydney Rice but I don't expect much from him today.

HAT
11-21-2010, 10:57 AM
I like law firm to do some damage against colts. Indy run d is bad and Chargers is really good. I would start Tolbert and Green Ellis.

Seriously Moreno a huge risk IMO. Even though he probably will get 80 combined yards and a chance to score, there is the possibility he could get shut down by chargers.

This is a no doubter IMO. Tebow's TD's are poaching more from KM than they are from Orton. Knowsh won't score unless it's from 10 yards out and farther. You know McD wants to trot out Jumbo Jesus in prime time.

Broncoman13
11-21-2010, 11:09 AM

Chargers have a good defense that has played poorly. They always come out strong at end of season.

Your RBS actually have some good matchups this week. Broncos have been a little better lately in run defense but worrying about rivers will open things up for Tolbert.

Agree with you word for word!

So what about the receivers?

NYBronc
11-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Before tomorrow's games, who should I start? Pick 2

M. Wallace
B. Lloyd
S. Holmes
P. Harvin

I'm leaning towards Holmes and Lloyd but Wallace has a great matchup against Buffalo too.

Smiling Assassin27
11-24-2010, 03:56 PM
If Vincent Jackson comes back, Floyd becomes a diminished product. With Troy Smith throwing, Crabtree isn't gonna light it up, especially if Vernon Davis' ankle is healed up.

The only legit scorer there is Greene, IMO. I pass on this one. Check out Emmanuel Sanders, Hagan, or Blair White. Crabtree has a better matchup this week, so if you can, make the trade next week if you do it.

Doggcow
11-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Before tomorrow's games, who should I start? Pick 2

M. Wallace
B. Lloyd
S. Holmes
P. Harvin

I'm leaning towards Holmes and Lloyd but Wallace has a great matchup against Buffalo too.

That sucks.. Mike Wallace and Holmes or Lloyd... Holmes has been a stud lately for me. I'd have trouble sitting him. Mike Wallace is the clear #1 imo.

DBroncos4life
11-24-2010, 05:40 PM
Rivers or Vick?

cutthemdown
11-24-2010, 05:44 PM
Rivers or Vick?

You don't ever sit studs like Rivers. Not even for Vick. Just be happy you have 2 guys that will both put up numbers. National TV, vs Manning, Chargers making a comeback again, Rivers is unbenchable under those conditions IMO.