PDA

View Full Version : Eric Barr moves to Cleveland to follow the Browns

Binkythefrog
10-16-2010, 11:05 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/10/eric_barrs_devotion_to_browns.html

Would anyone here consider leaving behind everything (job, family) and going to Denver just to follow the Broncos and attend every home game?

Requiem
10-16-2010, 11:09 AM
Yes. I would also leave a dookie at Arrowhead stadium.

BroncoDoug
10-16-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm all for living your dream and following your team. But to move on a whim with nothing to your name save for an air mattress and POS car, that just isn't very smart....

tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 11:31 AM
IBOB basically did that. except he flew to 16 games a year.

Bronco Boy
10-16-2010, 11:33 AM
His dream is to live in Cleveland? Talk about low standards.

SoCalBronco
10-16-2010, 11:35 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2010/10/eric_barrs_devotion_to_browns.html

Would anyone here consider leaving behind everything (job, family) and going to Denver just to follow the Broncos and attend every home game?

I've thought about this, because it would be really cool to live in Denver since there are a couple posters I've met there and I know I would have at least some people I could hang out with. It's also a really nice town from what little I've seen. Housing prices are also much more reasonable there than in Southern California. For about 350k, I could probably get a very nice home somewhere in Denver...but here in Arcadia, I couldn't buy anything halfway decent for anything less than 650 or 700k. Going to games every weekend would be beyond awesome and having Broncos coverage all the time on TV and radio would be great. I have definitely thought about this, but I don't think I could just leave all my family and relatives like that. I also like Southern California alot...the weather is great...its usually around 75-85 almost every day of the year...no snow, not much rain, no extreme heat (except for the summer), I like the beaches. I'd also hate to give up my job, here. I finally found a nice attorney gig almost three years ago with great job security, a very good pension and benefit program, with upward mobility within the company and I get along with everyone there pretty well and enjoy the work and the free time it allows, so I'd hate to give that up.

Ultimately, I decided against it...but I did give Denver very serious thought for awhile. If it were more practical, I would definitely have been there in a heartbeat, though. It's too bad...I would have LOVED to be in Denver.

BroncoDoug
10-16-2010, 11:37 AM
I've thought about this, because it would be really cool to live in Denver since there are a couple posters I've met there and I know I would have at least some people I could hang out with. It's also a really nice town from what little I've seen. Housing prices are also much more reasonable there than in Southern California. For about 350k, I could probably get a very nice home somewhere in Denver...but here in Arcadia, I couldn't buy anything halfway decent for anything less than 650 or 700k. Going to games every weekend would be beyond awesome and having Broncos coverage all the time on TV and radio would be great. I have definitely thought about this, but I don't think I could just leave all my family and relatives like that. I also like Southern California alot...the weather is great...its usually around 75-85 almost every day of the year...no snow, not much rain, no extreme heat (except for the summer), I like the beaches. I'd also hate to give up my job, here. I finally found a nice attorney gig almost three years ago with great job security, a very good pension and benefit program, with upward mobility within the company and I get along with everyone there pretty well and enjoy the work and the free time it allows, so I'd hate to give that up.

Ultimately, I decided against it...but I did give Denver very serious thought for awhile. If it were more practical, I would definitely have been there in a heartbeat, though. It's too bad...I would have LOVED to be in Denver.

I got a basement and an air mattress waiting for you socal...

tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 11:38 AM
hell, i still thinking about moving there after grad school. just gotta decide if i can open my own business or work with someone else etc..not sure what to do once i get there. is economy in denver good? my career path is directly tied to the economy, when people go broke, fitness and training is the first thing they cut.

Requiem
10-16-2010, 11:39 AM
When Jay got dumped SoCal decided against it. McDaniels is tearing this town apart.

SoCalBronco
10-16-2010, 11:40 AM
When Jay got dumped SoCal decided against it. McDaniels is tearing this town apart.

Jay getting moved was definitely in the "Cons" category of moving to Denver. :D

SoCalBronco
10-16-2010, 11:41 AM
I got a basement and an air mattress waiting for you socal...

Awesome. Thanks bro. :thumbsup:

Kaylore
10-16-2010, 12:14 PM
You need to meet my hot wife and taste her famous orange cookies, SoCal.

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/s/shania-twain/album-come-on-over-international-version.jpg

Pony Boy
10-16-2010, 12:18 PM
60" HD and Sunday ticket has changed life as we knew it.......Beyond the Final Frontier

Hogan11
10-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Maybe after I retire I'd look into it. I'm pretty much damned to where I am till then.

BroncoDoug
10-16-2010, 12:42 PM
60" HD and Sunday ticket has changed life as we knew it.......Beyond the Final Frontier

This. With all the money it would cost someone to buy plane tickets and hotels and tickets to the game, I would just take that money and put it into a home theater system with a huge TV Surround sound Couches and chairs Direct TV sunday ticket and enjoy myself way more

SoCalBronco
10-16-2010, 12:45 PM

http://www.laurabanks.com/_images/Laura_Star_Trek_2a.jpg

Which one makes the orange cookies?

BTW, I'm waiting for someone to photoshop Kuper's face onto one of those girls and Amy's face onto the other. Come on guys, step it up...TDmvp...I'm looking at you. :)

houghtam
10-16-2010, 12:48 PM
This. With all the money it would cost someone to buy plane tickets and hotels and tickets to the game, I would just take that money and put it into a home theater system with a huge TV Surround sound Couches and chairs Direct TV sunday ticket and enjoy myself way more

Do you seriously mean "I would enjoy watching football on television than in person?" Or are you just saying you wouldn't want to spend that much money?

BroncoDoug
10-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Do you seriously mean "I would enjoy watching football on television than in person?" Or are you just saying you wouldn't want to spend that much money?

more so the money, and travel hassle...

I still enjoy going to the games, but not enough to warrant the money and travel hassle if I were to live outside of Denver

rbackfactory80
10-16-2010, 01:10 PM

No. I have to reconsider even calling myself a fan after this story.

Sir_Robin
10-16-2010, 01:59 PM

http://images.uulyrics.com/cover/s/shania-twain/album-come-on-over-international-version.jpg

Hmmmm...the basement and air mattress comment are starting to make more sense now.

TheReverend
10-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I couldn't tear my kiddo away from her mom, and if I could, there's a realllllllllly nice career opportunity near family in Arizona, but if neither of those were inhibiting me, I definitely would. In fact, it's the plan once she's off to college.

Beantown Bronco
10-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Denver for a football team? No.

Myrtle Beach for a girl? Hell yeah!

TheReverend
10-16-2010, 06:55 PM
Denver for a football team? No.

Myrtle Beach for a girl? Hell yeah!

Rofl

That deserves my favorite video of the week

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_cRze9ik-g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-_cRze9ik-g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
10-16-2010, 07:14 PM
I moved to Colorado after I got my Broncos season tickets.

That was the biggest reason why, but the mountains/outdoors/fly fishing also helped bring me out west.

I knew I would move back to Ohio again someday, but I was young and had nothing to tie me down, so I packed up everything in my car moved to Golden.

strafen
10-16-2010, 08:08 PM
hell, i still thinking about moving there after grad school. just gotta decide if i can open my own business or work with someone else etc..not sure what to do once i get there. is economy in denver good? my career path is directly tied to the economy, when people go broke, fitness and training is the first thing they cut.People are more fitness savvy these days. I don't think they would trim down fitness totally when things are down.
I think the industry is somewhat saturated with new businesses opening everywhere, it seems.

For you to have success you'd probably need to be unique/different than everybody else; starting with a good marketing plan.

broncocalijohn
10-16-2010, 08:32 PM

sounds like you havent been to an Omane weekend.

BroncoDoug
10-16-2010, 08:40 PM

Well I live in Denver, so all that doesn't really apply to me. But If I didn't live in the Denver area I wouldn't mind traveling here for a game, but to do it every single game like some people do wouldn't appeal to me. But by living here it is easy and fun to go to all the games I can

KipCorrington25
10-16-2010, 10:45 PM
Not under the current coaching regime I wouldn't, well I live in the metro area already now that I think about it.

Hogan11
10-16-2010, 10:46 PM

It sucks to miss one, doesn't it?

Hope to see you in AZ!

Drek
10-17-2010, 04:14 AM
I live in the midwest, moving to Denver would definitely happen if I knew the wife could get work there, and the Broncos are only one of a million reasons.

HorseHead
10-17-2010, 04:21 AM
During the late 90's, early 2000's, I actually was trying to get a job with the team. I know, strange....I was even ready to be a ticket taker...