PDA

View Full Version : should kubiak be fired?

tsiguy96
10-15-2010, 09:20 PM
has yet to sniff a playoff game in like 6 years...should he be fired after this year? not looking good for them this year.

OBF1
10-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Dating... something to do besides sitting on the computer. Try it.

bap454
10-15-2010, 10:32 PM
Damb and I was just thinking this team was going places. Legit young stud defense, great running game, solid QB, solid WR core with arguably the best wideout in the game...thanks from steering me from that sinking ship.

Florida_Bronco
10-15-2010, 11:36 PM
You have to think that if they don't get into the playoffs this year, Kubiak will be feeling the heat.

tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 01:06 AM
You have to think that if they don't get into the playoffs this year, Kubiak will be feeling the heat.

i agree...just makes you wonder how long the "shanahan effect" (ie only 1 or 2 pieces away...) will last in houston.

no questioning how good kubiak is as OC, one of the best, but for some reason his team cannot get over that hump that they are sitting on, and they have the talent to do it.

WolfpackGuy
10-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Kubes will be fine.

It's not like he was taking over an 8-8 team...

(2-14 actually)

gunns
10-16-2010, 06:18 AM
No, I don't know that Kubes will be fine. This league now is a what have you done for me lately and when Vermeil, Billick, Smith, Belichick can come in and within one or two years take a horrible team to the SB, a lot of teams aren't as patient. It's been 5 years. But I don't know that this year is over for the Texans yet. I'm also not convinced that Schaub is a solid QB though. Maybe with Cushing back the defense will be good enough to give the offense a chance.

Rohirrim
10-16-2010, 06:22 AM
Should tsiguy find the Shift button on his computer?

baja
10-16-2010, 06:39 AM
Does"Shift" really need to be capitalized?

RhymesayersDU
10-16-2010, 06:40 AM
I realize we all like Kubiak, but count me in on the guys who thinks he should be fired or at least on the hot seat.

I mean right now those guys look fraudulent. I agree the team was terrible when he got there, but right now it looks like they're stuck in an 8-8 rut again. How many years can people say "THIS is the year for Houston" and be disappointed?

cmhargrove
10-16-2010, 07:09 AM
When i saw the Texans demolish the Cowboys in the preseason, I thought it looked like a team that would not only make the playoffs, but do really well.

I haven't kept up on their personnel however. I don't know if they suffered some key injuries like we did, or if they just aren't playing on all cylinders.

Dedhed
10-16-2010, 07:57 AM
stuck in an 8-8 rut again. How many years can people say "THIS is the year for Houston" and be disappointed?
If the OM is any indicator, you can say that for 8-10 years.

theAPAOps5
10-16-2010, 08:04 AM
Kubes will be fine.

It's not like he was taking over an 8-8 team...

(2-14 actually)

Whats the difference between 8-8 and 2-14? Is there a special prize for mediocre? Just curious as I think he should be on the hot seat if he doesn't make the playoffs. McD was on the hot seat, by crazy fans, after one season. Actually before the season. So just curious why you think there is a difference they both lead to the same result. Watching the Superbowl and Playoffs at home.

Rock Chalk
10-16-2010, 08:30 AM
No, I don't know that Kubes will be fine. This league now is a what have you done for me lately and when Vermeil, Billick, Smith, Belichick can come in and within one or two years take a horrible team to the SB, a lot of teams aren't as patient. It's been 5 years. But I don't know that this year is over for the Texans yet. I'm also not convinced that Schaub is a solid QB though. Maybe with Cushing back the defense will be good enough to give the offense a chance.

None of those coaches took over an expansion team that the prior administration had made even worse than when it was started.

frerottenextelway
10-16-2010, 08:48 AM
If he doesn't get 10+ wins he'll be fired. Hopefully he can get his teamed turned around.

CEH
10-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Five years is plenty of time to turn around a team especially when you are picking #1, #10 and you trade in the 2nd year for your QB.

If they don't make the playoffs I bet he's gone

Crushaholic
10-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Let's see what he does against the Chiefs, this week...

rbackfactory80
10-16-2010, 09:19 AM
Let's see what he does against the Chiefs, this week...

If they lose to the Chiefs they should can him on the spot. Worst 3-1 team in NFL history.

LRtagger
10-16-2010, 09:25 AM
Tampa Bay is 3-1

tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
tampa bay is solid, chiefs defense is also pretty damn good.

broncosteven
10-16-2010, 09:51 AM
If they lose to the Chiefs they should can him on the spot. Worst 3-1 team in NFL history.

We were up there for worst 6-0 team in NFL history. KFC at least has some explosive young talent, if they had a QB they would be a contender.

That is painful to say!

tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 09:53 AM
schaub is definitely not the problem on that team, hit almost 5k yards a few years ago and also scores a **** ton of points. for some reason that team could never put it together. they arent like the bills, who look totally incompetent, they just cant get it all together.

Kaylore
10-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Should tsiguy find the Shift button on his computer?

:thumbsup:

Kaylore
10-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Does"Shift" really need to be capitalized?

He's making up for TSI guy.

rbackfactory80
10-16-2010, 10:29 AM
We were up there for worst 6-0 team in NFL history. KFC at least has some explosive young talent, if they had a QB they would be a contender.

That is painful to say!

Please don't compliment the Chiefs. You guys are better than this.

barryr
10-16-2010, 10:32 AM
NFL coaches rarely make it to year 4 with no playoffs to show, much less beyond, so Kubiak's chances of lasting another year there are slim if no playoffs again.

iforgotmypassword
10-16-2010, 10:32 AM
I realize we all like Kubiak, but count me in on the guys who thinks he should be fired or at least on the hot seat.

I mean right now those guys look fraudulent. I agree the team was terrible when he got there, but right now it looks like they're stuck in an 8-8 rut again. How many years can people say "THIS is the year for Houston" and be disappointed?

This is stupid. The Texans were on par with the lions. If Super Bowls were one year flings then the Saints would have actually won one for Katrina not umteen years later. while I agree that this team has been "on the verge" they have litterally never gotten worse since he' been there.

Let me say this again. They have never gotten worse since he's been there.

tsiguy96
10-16-2010, 10:45 AM
This is stupid. The Texans were on par with the lions. If Super Bowls were one year flings then the Saints would have actually won one for Katrina not umteen years later. while I agree that this team has been "on the verge" they have litterally never gotten worse since he' been there.

Let me say this again. They have never gotten worse since he's been there.

who said they got worse? no one. the discussion is how long should a guy get to MAKE the playoffs? not win the super bowl, make it to the playoffs, and hes on year 5 and still nothing.

NFLBRONCO
10-16-2010, 11:01 AM
I blame McD's if Kubes is fired.

BroncoDoug
10-16-2010, 11:43 AM

this is the obvious answer

broncosteven
10-16-2010, 12:40 PM

Can we just flip coaches mCd for Kubes straight up? That way we will ensure our 8-8 record each year for the next 5-6 years.

TonyR
10-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Bill Simmons yesterday:

Chiefs (+4.5) over TEXANS
Because the Chiefs are undervalued and the Texans are overvalued. By the way, what does Gary Kubiak have to do to get fired at this point? Is Houston happy with going 8-8 for the rest of eternity?

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/101015&sportCat=nba

NFLBRONCO
10-16-2010, 01:26 PM
Can we just flip coaches mCd for Kubes straight up? That way we will ensure our 8-8 record each year for the next 5-6 years.

No thanks

ScottXray
10-16-2010, 02:53 PM
I'd have to say that if he misses the playoffs this year he is definitely gonna be looked at as a "problem" . Chances of getting another year at about 30%, maybe less..

He has had enough time to get his players and system in place, and not making the playoffs again would be an indicator that he just doesn't have "it"
. Despite playing in a division with the Colts and dome head, you should be able to get to 10 wins if your program is going anywhere.

jmz313
10-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Dumbest thread ever. Houston is 3-2 and are 1-0 in division with that win over the colts. They are 2-0 in conference too. They have only recently gotten to the "hump" to get over. Not too mention the injury to AJ.

Let's see a regression to 5-11 before suggesting Kubes should be fired. As someone earlier said, they've improved every year under kubiak.

it's a weird season this year, Houston is just like all the other division leaders.... Flawed.

extralife
10-16-2010, 03:08 PM
why is everyone just assuming Houston finishes 8-8?

I think they'll make the playoffs.

rbackfactory80
10-16-2010, 03:15 PM
Dumbest thread ever. Houston is 3-2 and are 1-0 in division with that win over the colts. They are 2-0 in conference too. They have only recently gotten to the "hump" to get over. Not too mention the injury to AJ.

Let's see a regression to 5-11 before suggesting Kubes should be fired. As someone earlier said, they've improved every year under kubiak.

it's a weird season this year, Houston is just like all the other division leaders.... Flawed.

Haven't spent much time here?

HAT
10-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Damb and I was just thinking this team was going places. Legit young stud defense, great running game, solid QB, solid WR core with arguably the best wideout in the game...thanks from steering me from that sinking ship.

lolwut?