PDA

View Full Version : Current roster: A list of perpetually injured Broncos/iron men Broncos

bronco0608
10-13-2010, 08:51 PM
What good is a player if he is always injured? Who cares about talent, if you can't count on him, what good is he? Parcells loathed players who were always on the training table and he was notorious for cutting talented players who couldn't stay healthy. I see his point.

Say what you want, some guys have the body for football and some guys don't. Some have a glass jaw, some have brittle bones, some have weak ligaments, whatever. And others? Tough as nails. They might be injured, but their threshold of pain is signifigantly higher than others. Their bodies can handle the awkward falls and twists and get up.

Our "Nate Jackson All-Stars":

List of Broncos players who for the most part are continually injured:

1) Spencer Larsen -- Has missed 11 games in the past 2 1/4 seasons

2) Darcel McBath -- Has missed 5 games in 1 1/4 seasons as a PART TIME player

3)Ryan Harris -- has missed 12 games in the past 1 1/4 seasons

4) Correll Buckhalter -- has missed half his career

5) Andre Brown -- has missed his whole career basically (one season)

Compare those guys to these iron men:

1)Jabbar Gaffney -- Missed 5 games in 9 years

2)Marcus Thomas -- has not missed a game in his career

3)DJ Williams -- has missed 5 games in 7 years

4) Mario Haggan -- has not missed a game in 8 years

5) Ronald Fields -- has not missed a game in 4 years

6) Chris Kuper -- has missed two games in his career

7) Champ Bailey -- didn't miss a game for nearly 7 years, sort of breaking down in late years but not really. Outside of that hamstring a couple of years ago, he has been on the field.

8) Ryan Clady -- has not missed a game in his career

Conklin
10-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Don't forget the Alpha Class of the Injured Hall of Fame with Boss Bailey as the first enshrinee

That One Guy
10-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Didn't Clady miss the opener?

Archer81
10-13-2010, 10:06 PM
Didn't Clady miss the opener?

No. He rotated with Batiste.

:Broncos:

BowlenBall
10-13-2010, 10:57 PM
Great thread, Bronco0608.

Harris is the one that really drives me crazy -- he's a great player when he's on the field, but I'll be surprised and disappointed if we give him a big contract after next year. Dude simply can't be counted on to play more than half the games in a given season.

Didn't realize that Marcus Thomas has never missed a game -- he's the yen to Harris's yang, I guess. Always dependable, but no impact.

One more for the "Nate Jackson All-Stars": Jarvis "Kate" Moss

SoCalBronco
10-13-2010, 11:02 PM
Jarvis "Kate" Moss

John Engelberger approves.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/.e1d/img/4.0/global/football/nfl/players/5064.jpg

broncocalijohn
10-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Don't forget the Alpha Class of the Injured Hall of Fame with Boss Bailey as the first enshrinee

wasnt that a good thing though?