PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline is in six days, do we make a trade?

baja
10-13-2010, 02:25 PM
poll

If so who?

tsiguy96
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM
no one player is going to be the difference this year. especially any one who is available for trade.

Rabb
10-13-2010, 02:31 PM
I say yes, but I have no idea who and I doubt it makes a difference

Hercules Rockefeller
10-13-2010, 02:32 PM
Absolutely not

bendog
10-13-2010, 02:33 PM
Maybe NE has a spare RB.....

baja
10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Absolutely not

Well we do know Josh loves to wheel & deal and we are thin in LBs and DBs

oubronco
10-13-2010, 02:38 PM
No I read that McD said we will ride with who we have

Miss I.
10-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Yes. Can we trade some of our trolls? I nominate..well I think you know who I'd nominate to trade of our trolls. ;D

footstepsfrom#27
10-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Tap the break on the trade idea. Teams on the brink of winning it should be looking to make trades, not those who need to rebuild through the draft primarily.

Rohirrim
10-13-2010, 03:10 PM
You've got to play the hand that's dealt ya
that's what the old man always said...
(Robbie Robertson)

Ramathorn
10-13-2010, 03:14 PM
Trade bob the information minister for a used pair of high school gym socks. THats fair on both sides, i believe.

Kaylore
10-13-2010, 03:15 PM
I'd only trade for picks.

Los Broncos
10-13-2010, 03:16 PM
No

Liquid Courage
10-13-2010, 03:23 PM
my prediction: we trade a 3rd rounder to the Pats for a player to be named later.

Taco John
10-13-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm with Kaylore. The only trade that makes sense for us is the kind where we pick up draft picks in favor of guys whose utility is high for someone else, but diminished for us. I'm not even sure who qualifies here. Moreno? Bailey? DJ?

mwill07
10-13-2010, 04:51 PM
sure would like a trade for Mankins.

mattob14
10-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm with Kaylore. The only trade that makes sense for us is the kind where we pick up draft picks in favor of guys whose utility is high for someone else, but diminished for us. I'm not even sure who qualifies here. Moreno? Bailey? DJ?

Champ's probably the only one who fits that description, imo. Take DJ out of the middle of that D, and that unit wouldn't even be watchable. He's young enough to have value in the future, too. Knowshon probably doesn't have enough value to justify a trade in a RB-heavy league. Champ is still a good enough corner to have value, but with his contract situation and the fact that he would be 34 in 2012 (assuming a lockout next year), I don't know that he helps the Broncos a whole lot anymore.

broncofan2438
10-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Front office too stupid to make any deals. Bowlen to busy with is old ass ugly wife

rbackfactory80
10-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Patriots get our 1st +5th rounder for Danny Woodhead and Kevin Faulk
Patriots trade our 5th for Hillis

Patriots wind up with a first and Hillis for Woodhead and Faulk

phillybroncosnut
10-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Only players I want to see in a trade are current Broncos traded for picks... No need for us to add players for pics unless they are young with good upside.

Punisher
10-13-2010, 08:44 PM
Knowing McD hes probably going to trade the team to New England for 2 first round picks

serious hops
10-14-2010, 12:49 AM
Knowing McD hes probably going to trade the team to New England for 2 first round picks

Petulant much?

ZONA
10-14-2010, 01:35 AM
Too funny. On my post about saving the picks because it looks like we could be drafting high, I get slammed by a few pom pom holding cheerleaders who think saving your picks means you're giving up. F'n idiots. The poll results here show most of us are thinking the same thing. Don't trade picks for some mediocre player who most likely isn't going to improve this team. We're as banged up as ever and have some real issues, like having the worst running game in the league, if you even want to call it a running game.

So count me in for no trades..........oh, but I guess that means I am giving up. LOL - fools.

Taco John
10-14-2010, 01:58 AM
Champ's probably the only one who fits that description, imo. Take DJ out of the middle of that D, and that unit wouldn't even be watchable. He's young enough to have value in the future, too. Knowshon probably doesn't have enough value to justify a trade in a RB-heavy league. Champ is still a good enough corner to have value, but with his contract situation and the fact that he would be 34 in 2012 (assuming a lockout next year), I don't know that he helps the Broncos a whole lot anymore.

For the record, I don't like the idea of trading any of those guys at this point. But I think I agree. Champ is the only one we could probably "afford" to trade and get good value out of. It would break my heart though.

Abqbronco
10-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Front office too stupid to make any deals. Bowlen to busy with is old ass ugly wife

Thanks for the input. High quality stuff right here.

barryr
10-14-2010, 08:33 AM
If you can get a good player for cheap, sure, but otherwise doubtful an impact player will be available for cheap that would really make a big difference this year. Both the OL and DL need work, so hard to find those guys this time of year.

The defense as a whole lacks impact players. Who can make the big sack? Who can cause the big turnover? Who can make the big play behind the line of scrimmage?

I know some will disagree, but even DJ Williams hasn't been that big an impact player. Making a lot of tackles is great, but not many behind the line of scrimmage or many QB pressures and does get beat more than he should in the passing game too.

Other Champ and occasionally Dawkins, there just isn't enough guys on defense, especially in the front 7, who make, big key plays in games.

Dedhed
10-14-2010, 08:35 AM

Are you the 2438th ever Bronco fan?

Dedhed
10-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Moreno? Bailey? DJ?

Really?

Maybe we can get Hillis back if we Give Cleveland Orton, Moreno, DJ and Champ

mattob14
10-14-2010, 05:18 PM
For the record, I don't like the idea of trading any of those guys at this point. But I think I agree. Champ is the only one we could probably "afford" to trade and get good value out of. It would break my heart though.

Agreed- I'm certainly not an advocate of a Champ trade. He's one of the all-time great Broncos and is a class act. If a move was made though, I have a feeling he's the one who would be dealt.

ZONA
10-14-2010, 09:44 PM
If you can get a good player for cheap, sure, but otherwise doubtful an impact player will be available for cheap that would really make a big difference this year. Both the OL and DL need work, so hard to find those guys this time of year.

The defense as a whole lacks impact players. Who can make the big sack? Who can cause the big turnover? Who can make the big play behind the line of scrimmage?

I know some will disagree, but even DJ Williams hasn't been that big an impact player. Making a lot of tackles is great, but not many behind the line of scrimmage or many QB pressures and does get beat more than he should in the passing game too.

Other Champ and occasionally Dawkins, there just isn't enough guys on defense, especially in the front 7, who make, big key plays in games.

DJ has simply played awesome this year. Every great player will get beat here and there. They are not robots. I haven't seen him get beat in the passing game much at all. And the few times I have, he had great coverage and it was simply just a great throw and catch. He's been a tackling machine. Nobdy can say jack about how DJ has played so far. If they do, they're frickin blind.

strafen
10-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Really?

Maybe we can get Hillis back if we Give Cleveland Orton, Moreno, DJ and Champ

This! Ha!

Rohirrim
10-15-2010, 08:54 AM
We should call up Shanahan and see if he wants to get rid of Orakpo or Landry. He always likes to dump his best defensive players. ;D

go_broncos
10-15-2010, 09:06 AM
The last thing we want is Mcd trading our best players/picks for scrubs.

BroncoBuff
10-15-2010, 09:47 AM
If we still had Peyton Hillis, we could trade him to Green Bay for A.J. Hawk.

Popps
10-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Deadline just expired, no?

dsmoot
10-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Tap the break on the trade idea. Teams on the brink of winning it should be looking to make trades, not those who need to rebuild through the draft primarily.

A team on the brink of winning might pay dearly for Champ Bailey. A team that is not on the brink of winning might be enticed to give up an older HOF player at the start of skill decline for picks to build through the draft.

There are all kinds of marriages which are suitable for both sides.