PDA

View Full Version : Save those picks

ZONA
10-12-2010, 08:09 PM
It's looking as if our draft picks next year will probably be very high. If I were Josh, I wouldn't throw away any picks on some scrubs to bring in to save face this season. If anything, Josh should try to make some deals here soon and actually acquire a few picks if he can. Kinda looking like we will be drafting in the top 10 in each round, maybe higher if our players keep droping like rocks from the sky.

Conklin
10-12-2010, 08:12 PM
It's looking as if our draft picks next year will probably be very high. If I were Josh, I wouldn't throw away any picks on some scrubs to bring in to save face this season. If anything, Josh should try to make some deals here soon and actually acquire a few picks if he can. Kinda looking like we will be drafting in the top 10 in each round, maybe higher if our players keep droping like rocks from the sky.

If you were Josh, i'd be firing your ass right now...we are 1.5 games back of the division and only 1 game back of a wild card spot and you are looking toward the draft with 11 games yet to be played?

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 08:14 PM
6 division games, plus games against Arizona, St Louis, San Fran and Houston to go.

I am not giving up.

OBF1
10-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Laker's

ZachKC
10-12-2010, 09:50 PM
The ten teams that lead the NFL in rushing attempts per game are currently a combined 30-17 (.638) on the season. Not only that, but the top five teams (Atlanta, Jacksonville, Kansas City, New York Jets, Baltimore) are a combined 17-6 (.739).

Conklin
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
The ten teams that lead the NFL in rushing attempts per game are currently a combined 30-17 (.638) on the season. Not only that, but the top five teams (Atlanta, Jacksonville, Kansas City, New York Jets, Baltimore) are a combined 17-6 (.739).

funny...all those running teams you list have inexperienced or middle to bottom of the pack quarterbacks and lean on the run to aid in their progress...aside from KC cuz Cassel just keeps getting worse

ZachKC
10-12-2010, 10:05 PM
funny...all those running teams you list have inexperienced or middle to bottom of the pack quarterbacks and lean on the run to aid in their progress...aside from KC cuz Cassel just keeps getting worse

How has having a pass only offense worked out for you?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-12-2010, 10:21 PM

How'd your heavily armed offense do last week? Did you enjoy those 3 field goals?

DHallblows
10-12-2010, 10:39 PM

Man, that's a random stat I've never heard used before. I wonder why he'd decide to use that st....ooooh because it makes his team look better
::)

ColoradoBuff
10-13-2010, 09:35 AM

at the very least that record will go to 7 losses when the Queefs get spanked by the Texans:wave:

ColoradoBuff
10-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Man, that's a random stat I've never heard used before. I wonder why he'd decide to use that st....ooooh because it makes his team look better
::)

polishing a turd doesn't make it look better

HAT
10-13-2010, 09:42 AM
They should probably just put Tebow in and try to get a higher pick. That would be rad....

Pony Boy
10-13-2010, 09:49 AM
Well ......... this thread went over like a turd in the punch bowl.

Popps
10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Yea, cool thread.

I'm personally just hoping we can end the season early. No reason to play.

eddie mac
10-13-2010, 10:33 AM

Fair to middling so far. Ask me after we've played you twice this season then we'll see who deserves the nickname "Running Mouth":sunshine:

LRtagger
10-13-2010, 10:47 AM
we haven't even played a game within the division yet Hilarious!

Rohirrim
10-13-2010, 10:48 AM
We're five games into the season and KC is ready to call it. :rofl:

Crushaholic
10-13-2010, 10:53 AM
I wouldn't mind starting slow and finishing strong. It's much better than the formula we've been using in the last few years. I'm getting sick of having some real hope in September, and fading as the season progresses...:dunk:

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Can we just forfeit the rest of the games on our schedule? Seems like that would be a good idea so we can get a higher draft pick. And let's sell off our players for pennies on the dollar.

FIRE SALE!

http://www.mefeedia.com/tv/10876370

Popps
10-13-2010, 11:40 AM
I wouldn't mind starting slow and finishing strong. It's much better than the formula we've been using in the last few years. I'm getting sick of having some real hope in September, and fading as the season progresses...:dunk:

I agree. Last year was the worst kind of 8-8 you can have.

We need progress this year, even if the playoffs aren't a realistic option.

Steve Sewell
10-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Did you enjoy those 3 field goals?

Against the stout run defense of the Indianapolis Colts no less.

Rohirrim
10-13-2010, 11:51 AM
I agree. Last year was the worst kind of 8-8 you can have.

We need progress this year, even if the playoffs aren't a realistic option.

If we can go 8-8 with the kind of bad luck we've been having, I would be impressed.

DomCasual
10-13-2010, 12:55 PM
What a particularly odd thread.

Popps
10-13-2010, 01:17 PM
If we can go 8-8 with the kind of bad luck we've been having, I would be impressed.

Me, too. But, I wouldn't rule it out.

We're hitting the turbulence and tough part of our schedule early. I'm holding out hope that guys can get healthy for a stretch run.

I've said this a lot, but I really believe that prior-year finishes play into the psychology of the following year quite a bit... even if a team misses the playoffs.

Josh has been dealt a pretty crappy hand thus far this season... but he's got a chance to really prove something if he can grind a respectable record out of this mess.

We just can't mail it in, even if we're hurt. We've got to have some things to build on for next season, and who knows... crazier things have happened than us winning this division. Clearly, there is no dominant team at this point.

BroncoMan4ever
10-13-2010, 01:44 PM
6 division games, plus games against Arizona, St Louis, San Fran and Houston to go.

I am not giving up.

i agree. the division is weak all the way top to bottom and after the Jets our rough part of the schedule is over.

until we are completely out of contention, this team better be focused on the next opponent.

LRtagger
10-13-2010, 02:11 PM

Hello Captain Obvious.

When teams are ahead, they typically run the ball more.

Not only that, but those top 5 teams have good/great RBs and marginal QBs. They will probably run the ball more than other teams.

ZONA
10-14-2010, 12:28 AM
Seems like there are 4 or 5 guys in this thread that are idiots. Where in the original post does it say let's give up on the season? Where? Nowhere, you just like to come to your own conclusions, or maybe down deep, that's how you are feeling. I said let's not throw away picks because it looks like we could be drafting very high. Yeah, we're a few games back in our pathetic division but key injuries are adding up weekly. No running game at all and the defense is not going to get better with the additional injuries we have. Okay, I'll be rah rah with you, but I'm not gonna stick my head in the sand and pretend we're not in real trouble here. If you want to go get your pom poms and be a dumb blind cheerleader go right ahead. I'll on the on the other hand hope the Broncos play great but know having a great season is most likely not in the books.

cutthemdown
10-14-2010, 12:48 AM
Trades this late are more for teams needing a lift at one spot, or depth, to make a run at the Superbowl.

Or it's dumping a player you can get a lot for because you know you are rebuilding.

I don't think we are close enough to do the first, and Bowlen probably not interested in Admitting the second.

So i don't see any moves.