PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings, post-Ravens

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-12-2010, 03:29 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14118550/nfl-power-rankings-saints-arent-looking-so-hot-now

25 Broncos Trends 22
Kyle Orton continues to play well, but he's not getting much help. The running game is non-existent. Can Tebow play running back? Didn't think so.
-------------

Holy ****. Prisco gets paid to write these things? This may be one of the laziest things I've ever seen written by someone backed by a major sports website. Even the dilrod kids at Bleacher Report could manage a better blurb.

Flex Gunmetal
10-12-2010, 03:33 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/2-70.gif

Calm down son, he was probably asked for a sentence for each team, the one he offered on the broncos is accurate and has a nice quip. Dont know why you're so mad.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-12-2010, 03:36 PM
Tebow, as anyone that's watching this season knows, has been a non-factor. Why bring him up?

Flex Gunmetal
10-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Tebow, as anyone that's watching this season knows, has been a non-factor. Why bring him up?

Jokes on you for taking it seriously.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Jokes on you for taking it seriously.

Oh, well - pardon me for expecting someone that writes and covers the NFL for a major outlet to actually be informed about the field he's supposed to be covering. I had no idea it was his private little haven for jokes. I'm simply stating that it was blatantly lazy and is a disservice to both his craft and the site.

Flex Gunmetal
10-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Oh, well - pardon me for expecting someone that writes and covers the NFL for a major outlet to actually be informed about the field he's supposed to be covering. I had no idea it was his private little haven for jokes. I'm simply stating that it was blatantly lazy and is a disservice to both his craft and the site.
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/1-102.gif
My point is he wasn't seriously recommending tebow to play.

Br0nc0Buster
10-12-2010, 03:42 PM
we need to get that ranking up by the end of the year so we are BCS bowl eligible

Br0nc0Buster
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Stefangs/1-102.gif
My point is he wasn't seriously recommending tebow to play.

ya doofus

Kaylore

Prisco hates, totally and utterly hates, Tim Tebow. I don't know why.

Popps
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Prisco hates, totally and utterly hates, Tim Tebow. I don't know why.

Tebow has that effect on people.

Generally, when people are irrationally exuberant or overly hateful about a player for no apparent reason, it's because of a college allegiance of some sort or another.

Or, it could just be...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/05/haterbike.jpg

myMind
10-12-2010, 03:52 PM
We must play Jim Tebrungus...

ZachKC
10-12-2010, 04:06 PM
ROFL! @ Crying over the journalistic integrity of a Power Rankings blurb.

broncosteven
10-12-2010, 04:14 PM
ROFL! @ Crying over the journalistic integrity of a Power Rankings blurb.

Notice he had no truck with the Broncos being 25, just got butt hurt because Tebow was brought up!

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Notice he had no truck with the Broncos being 25, just got butt hurt because Tebow was brought up!

Are you talking about me? I could give two ****s about what anyone thinks about Tebow, nor could I care about a power ranking slot. My issue is with the lack of preparation from someone in a position such as Prisco. It's hack journalism and proves he didn't see one lick of the game this last week. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll move along and let you guys get your news and information from ****ing Dr. Seuss.

Killericon
10-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Are you talking about me? I could give two ****s about what anyone thinks about Tebow, nor could I care about a power ranking slot. My issue is with the lack of preparation from someone in a position such as Prisco. It's hack journalism and proves he didn't see one lick of the game this last week. I'm sorry. Maybe I'll move along and let you guys get your news and information from ****ing Dr. Seuss.

I don't agree with you, but I certainly don't think Power Rankings should be confused with Journalism.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-12-2010, 04:37 PM
His name's on it, regardless.

That One Guy
10-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Did any other teams ignore their needs when they used their first round pick? I think while this team struggles in just about every department and our two first rounders are essentially an afterthought - they're pertinent to the discussion.

Besides that though, are there any sports reporters that the message board experts don't come on here to complain about? I think every reporter is a knowledgeless hack as soon as they don't call the Broncos future SB champs.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Did any other teams ignore their needs when they used their first round pick?

Yes.

go_broncos
10-12-2010, 06:40 PM

Show your frustration at our coach that is doing ****..

eddie mac
10-12-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/05/haterbike.jpg

Is that Kyle Orton???LOL

colonelbeef
10-12-2010, 07:09 PM

Prisco's point clearly went well over your head. Stop embarrassing yourself dude.

broncosteven
10-12-2010, 07:10 PM

Actually I didn't see anything wrong with what he wrote. We can't run the ball and no one, not even the great Tebow is going to help that.

Usually they don't point out positives when teams are ranked below 20 but he did give Orton props so it wasn't bad considering they only get 2 sentences.

manchambo
10-12-2010, 07:33 PM

Can you name a single player on the roster who has been more of a factor in the running game than Tebow? Didn't think so.

As for the ranking, it pains me to say but it's accurate. And why would anyone write much of anything about this team at this point? There's just not much to say.

GoHAM
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Might want to read the Jets blurb before you get your panties all twisted up:

3 Jets Trends 3
They made it interesting against the Vikings in a game that didn't have to be that way. Word of warning this week in Denver: Be careful.

"Be careful" meaning Prisco doesn't think Denver is total dog**** he just doesn't like Tebow. Let's be honest here, how many on this board would still hate Tebow if he wasn't drafted by Denver?

ColoradoDarin
10-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Did any other teams ignore their needs when they used their first round pick? I think while this team struggles in just about every department and our two first rounders are essentially an afterthought - they're pertinent to the discussion.

Besides that though, are there any sports reporters that the message board experts don't come on here to complain about? I think every reporter is a knowledgeless hack as soon as they don't call the Broncos future SB champs.

I thought we had a need at WR and picked a WR with our first pick? Did I miss something? That same first pick helped us kick the snot out of Seattle and his returns were huge against Tenn, I wouldn't call that an afterthought. Maybe that's just me :sunshine:

Rock Chalk
10-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Might want to read the Jets blurb before you get your panties all twisted up:

3 Jets Trends 3
They made it interesting against the Vikings in a game that didn't have to be that way. Word of warning this week in Denver: Be careful.

"Be careful" meaning Prisco doesn't think Denver is total dog**** he just doesn't like Tebow. Let's be honest here, how many on this board would still hate Tebow if he wasn't drafted by Denver?

I still hate him even though he was drafted by Denver.

Call me when he actually does something in the NFL and then I will root for him.

Hogan11
10-13-2010, 08:09 AM
Tebow has that effect on people.

Generally, when people are irrationally exuberant or overly hateful about a player for no apparent reason, it's because of a college allegiance of some sort or another.....

All it takes is to be a fan of anyone other than Florida in the SEC.

Hamrob
10-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Prisco's shot at Tebow....was more of a shot at McD. His meaning was...that we could have used a RB in the first round (that could have helped us now) instead of taking a project in Tebow.

At least, that's the way I interpreted it.

That One Guy
10-13-2010, 08:23 AM
I thought we had a need at WR and picked a WR with our first pick? Did I miss something? That same first pick helped us kick the snot out of Seattle and his returns were huge against Tenn, I wouldn't call that an afterthought. Maybe that's just me :sunshine:

Eh, with all the receivers showing up this year, I have a hard time believing he is the only person that could've done what he did against Seattle. Sure, he contributed because he was gameplanned in but then he disappeared into oblivion again.

The return factor is significant but even Devin Hester was a 2nd round pick.

Part of McD's job is to make the right decision and know what he has on the roster to make decisions going forward. If he truly had confidence in his pickup of Orton, he shouldn't have been taking another QB already. If he'd known that Lloyd, Gaffney, and Royal would make a great WR corps, he didn't need to burn that pick on WR. Sure, having DT will be nice in the future but the fact that we now have a good WR corps makes that pick, in hindsight, a luxury pick at the expense of our D. It's McD's job to have the foresight to know where the roster needs help and where it is competent and I think both areas that he picked in the 1st round were areas that were already more competent than some of our D areas.

Of course, this is expecting his foresight to be as accurate as my hindsight which obviously isn't possible. It doesn't change the fact that the Tebow move looks like a huge blunder(in the short term) when Orton is on pace to set all time yardage records while our running game is absolutely non-existant and our D has shown more holes than Lindsay Lohan.

Garcia Bronco
10-13-2010, 08:30 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14118550/nfl-power-rankings-saints-arent-looking-so-hot-now

25 Broncos Trends 22
Kyle Orton continues to play well, but he's not getting much help. The running game is non-existent. Can Tebow play running back? Didn't think so.
-------------

Holy ****. Prisco gets paid to write these things? This may be one of the laziest things I've ever seen written by someone backed by a major sports website. Even the dilrod kids at Bleacher Report could manage a better blurb.

By circulating his information you perpetuate the idea that he should get paid to write this stuff.