PDA

View Full Version : Jets Game: Depressing Pool

The Joker
10-12-2010, 04:00 AM
So then...

On Sunday the Jets bring their #1 in the NFL running game (165 yards per game average) to Invesco Field to face our beloved Broncos and our 25th ranked run defense (allowing 127 yards on the ground per game)

On the other side of the ball, Denver will pit what is easily the worst rushing attack in the league (51 yards per game) against the Jets #4 ranked run defense (allowing 79 yards per game on the ground).

Clearly, in terms of just the running game, this is all going to get a bit ugly.

In order to create some form of morbid intrigue about this whole affair, I'm going to propose a pool.

The question is... how many yards will the Jets outgain Denver by on the ground?

Winner gets a dinner date with Peyton Hillis.

The Joker
10-12-2010, 04:06 AM
Thread title fail!!

Was supposed to read 'Jets Game: Depressing Pool'.

I don't know how to fix it.

Anyway, my own guess.

(Denver 36 yards rushing, Jets 169)

Prodigal19
10-12-2010, 04:40 AM
I thought the thread title was artistic and beautiful

fontaine
10-12-2010, 04:43 AM
On the other side of the ball, Denver will pit what is easily the worst rushing attack in the league (51 yards per game) against the Jets #4 ranked run defense (allowing 79 yards per game on the ground).

I would gladly take the 79 yards from the Jets that they are giving up on average!!!

I would be an improvement for us!

To change your thread title -> edit first thread, choose go advanced option and you should be able to edit the Title.

The Joker
10-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Thanks fontaine.

If we gain 79 yards rushing I'll cry tears of joy, genuinely think anything over 50 would be a huge step forward for us, given the quality of the opposition and how pathetic we've looked thus far.

chadta
10-12-2010, 05:37 AM
we get the ball first, and the very first play is an 80 yard run for a touch down.

after that we move only backwards, and end the day with 44 yards rushing

dbfan4life
10-12-2010, 06:44 AM
I'm expecting about the same as I've seen all season. No reason to really think otherwise.

broncos-rock
10-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Actually i think they get just over 100 yards of rushing because Josh stops helping with his infant child at home and devotes all of his time to game planning and coaching. This is one of the pivotal games because they can not afford to fall behind other teams in the division.

bowtown
10-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Thread title fail!!

Was supposed to read 'Jets Game: Depressing Pool'.

I don't know how to fix it.

Anyway, my own guess.

(Denver 36 yards rushing, Jets 169)

I think it should have been "Jets Game: Absolute Depress Pool."

I'll say 1 kabillion.

Beantown Bronco
10-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Depressing? We're dead!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IR6wfzVN2tE?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IR6wfzVN2tE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

broncofan2438
10-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Hey look at that, a Hillis comment. Wow, thats original

TheChamp24
10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
Jets will gain 289 yards on the ground, 134 from Greene, 102 from Tomlinson, rest will be whoever else runs the ball(ie Sanchez scrambles, Brad Smith).

Us? 46 yards.

The Joker
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Hey look at that, a Hillis comment. Wow, thats original

http://s.sfwgifs.com/img/upld/stone-cold.gif

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-12-2010, 09:33 AM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/12/83%20Sad%20Teen%20Party.jpg
Depressing pool.

Although I'm sure I could find SOMEthing to smile about in there.

Beantown Bronco
10-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Ummmm, moose.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IwCtMc0ZP8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IwCtMc0ZP8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

baja
10-12-2010, 10:11 AM
What a bunch of defeatists.

Kaylore
10-12-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm not one to play pessimist, but I have little doubt we lose this game. Without Ayers and Dawkins this defense is going to get really ugly really quickly. And the Ravens just did the rest of the NFL a favor by killing our players and then showing everyone you can run the ball down our throats. We'll lose.

baja
10-12-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm not one to play pessimist, but I have little doubt we lose this game. Without Ayers and Dawkins this defense is going to get really ugly really quickly. And the Ravens just did the rest of the NFL a favor by killing our players and then showing everyone you can run the ball down our throats. We'll lose.

I'm gonna wait and see what game plan twists and surprises Josh comes up with for the Jets before I pronounce defeat.

Josh mcD >>>>>>> Rex (I swallowed a beach ball) Ryan

The Joker
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
If the Jets don't play their best game and we play somewhere near our best we have a shot IMO, especially if Revis is out as it looks like he might be.

But anyone who thinks they're not going to significantly outgain us on the ground isn't optimistic, they're deluded.

Meck77
10-12-2010, 11:19 AM

Couldn't agree more. We never win in Baltimore. At home? I'd never count our team or 12th man out before the damn game was even played.

Kaylore
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM
I'm gonna wait and see what game plan twists and surprises Josh comes up with for the Jets before I pronounce defeat.

Yes but their O-line >>>>> our D-line. Their D-line >>>>>> our O-line. A smelly turd >>>>>> our run game. Orton will keep us in a lot of games, but I have trouble seeing us pull this one out. If we do, I will be the happiest guy in town. In fact if we win more than 6 games this year, I will be consider McDaniels one of the elite coaches in the league.

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Couldn't agree more. We never win in Baltimore. At home? I'd never count our team or 12th man out before the damn game was even played.

What 12th man?

We have the 12th man rooting for Josh to Fail....
We have the 12th man rooting for Tebow to start...
We have the 12th man who is watching his P's+Q's so someone wont turn him in for making noise
We have the 12th man who is more interested in smooozing the business client he took to the game
We have the 12th man who isn't there because he sold his tix to the opposition to make a profit

which one are you referring to?

Meck77
10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Yes but their O-line >>>>> our D-line. Their D-line >>>>>> our O-line. A smelly turd >>>>>> our run game. Orton will keep us in a lot of games, but I have trouble seeing us pull this one out. If we do, I will be the happiest guy in town. In fact if we win more than 6 games this year, I will be consider McDaniels one of the elite coaches in the league.

That's fine. It's a good thing your opinions mean nothing about the game this weekend. :bronxrox:

baja
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM

You weren't a Broncos fan in the early seventies were you.

We won a lot games we weren't supposed to. We did it by playing as a team & with smash mouth football & home field advantage. This is exactly what Josh McDaniels is build now. We can win this game if the game plan is there.

baja
10-12-2010, 11:32 AM
What 12th man?

We have the 12th man rooting for Josh to Fail....
We have the 12th man rooting for Tebow to start...
We have the 12th man who is watching his P's+Q's so someone wont turn him in for making noise
We have the 12th man who is more interested in smooozing the business client he took to the game
We have the 12th man who isn't there because he sold his tix to the opposition to make a profit

which one are you referring to?

You "smart" fans are depressing.

TailgateNut
You weren't a Broncos fan in the early seventies were you.

There aren't to many here that were! The character of our fanbase is depressing, to say the least.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. I just grabbed my "anti J E T S" shirts from the spare room dresser and put them in the RV.

**** NY, **** the J E T Ss, and **** fickle fans!

baja
We were two touchdown dogs in the 97 Super Bowl. Remember who won?

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 11:35 AM
We were two touchdown dogs in the 97 Super Bowl. Remember who won?

I do, and I also know that we "gained" a bunch of new fans. One of the results was positive the other wasn't.

TheReverend
10-12-2010, 11:36 AM

We have the two worst divisions in football on the schedule this year (NFCW and AFCW x2)

TheChamp24
10-12-2010, 11:40 AM
Sometimes, its okay to be a realist about your teams chances.
Not every year you can win the Super Bowl. Heck, this injury that makes Moss start full time might make him click and become Jevon Kearse on opposing QB's. Until I see that, I'm going to say that this is a very average team that just got worse.

baja
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I do, and I also know that we "gained" a bunch of new fans. One of the results was positive the other wasn't.

LOL

I want to tail gate with you sometime. ;D

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
LOL

I want to tail gate with you sometime. ;D

Better hurry, I'm getting to old to put up with this ****!;)

baja
10-12-2010, 11:48 AM
Some of you fans are trying so hard to be smart pundits that you have forgotten what it means to be a fan.

baja
10-12-2010, 11:50 AM
You don't expect to lose. You worry about a loss to a better team on paper.

A fan's mantra; "On Any Given Sunday'.

Missouribronc
10-12-2010, 11:51 AM
You don't expect to lose. You worry about a loss to a better team on paper.

A fan's mantra; "On Any Given Sunday'.

16-0. :afro:

baja
10-12-2010, 11:57 AM
The teams we beat are;

2 & 2

3 & 2

The teams that beat us are;

4 & 1

3 & 2

3 & 2

Pony Boy
10-12-2010, 12:14 PM
It's a trap game

They said that a lot before the Alabama/Cocks game and it worked, so I thought I would try it here....

CEH
10-12-2010, 12:16 PM
The teams we beat are;

2 & 2

3 & 2

The teams that beat us are;

4 & 1

3 & 2

3 & 2

There's always a game we weren't suppose to win but do.

Was that the Tenn game?
If not I'm looking at @SD or this NYJ game

Kaylore
10-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Some of you fans are trying so hard to be smart pundits that you have forgotten what it means to be a fan.

I still root for and support my team. I'm not like the haters who want us to lose to see a coach get fired because I don't personally like him. I hope my team wins every game. Unfortunately I can't help it if I don't believe based on the evidence and my opinion that some teams are better than them and will beat them. It doesn't make me less of a fan that I don't believe we are better than another team. Just because I "really want" them to win doesn't change the fact their run defense is going to be garbage for at least four weeks. My predictions, good or bad, don't make me a "bad fan." I watch every game, I listen to as many radio programs, I have endless games on DVD, even meaningless ones, I go to camps and sit in the sun and type out 500+ word reports so dick heads like you can drink your margaritas from your beach house and get some semblance of what is actually going on at camp.

So don't call me a "bad fan" because I don't like our chances and don't homer out. I want the Broncos to win, but just because I can't talk myself into thinking we will doesn't mean I won't root and hope for a victory.

Bronco_Fan_27
10-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Ummmm, moose.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IwCtMc0ZP8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8IwCtMc0ZP8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

hahahahahaha wow ive never laughed that hard before Hilarious !Hilarious! Hilarious!

baja
10-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I still root for and support my team. I'm not like the haters who want us to lose to see a coach get fired because I don't personally like him. I hope my team wins every game. Unfortunately I can't help it if I don't believe based on the evidence and my opinion that some teams are better than them and will beat them. It doesn't make me less of a fan that I don't believe we are better than another team. Just because I "really want" them to win doesn't change the fact their run defense is going to be garbage for at least four weeks. My predictions, good or bad, don't make me a "bad fan." I watch every game, I listen to as many radio programs, I have endless games on DVD, even meaningless ones, I go to camps and sit in the sun and type out 500+ word reports so dick heads like you can drink your margaritas from your beach house and get some semblance of what is actually going on at camp.

So don't call me a "bad fan" because I don't like our chances and don't homer out. I want the Broncos to win, but just because I can't talk myself into thinking we will doesn't mean I won't root and hope for a victory.

Relax oh sensitive one I never called you a bad fan (I know you are not) I just don't agree with statements like 'We are going to lose for sure'. You don't know that, give the team the benefit of the doubt. I like the "Hope springs eternal" attitude.

baja
10-12-2010, 01:09 PM

Want to bet tags on the game? I'll take the Broncos to win.

HAT
10-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Meh....Most of you pansies thought CJ was gonna ride roughshod vs. Denver's run D as well.

19/53

Kaylore
10-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Want to bet tags on the game? I'll take the Broncos to win.

Tags? No, and I'm not someone who bets against his own team or players.

ZachKC
10-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Message board bets are idiotic.

SouthStndJunkie
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Not another lame 'true fan' battle....

bronco militia
10-12-2010, 02:37 PM
wrong forum, baja

Pick Six
10-12-2010, 03:08 PM

He better open up his playbook very WIDE. Finding room to run up the middle will be very hard to accomplish...

TheReverend
10-12-2010, 03:09 PM

Wanna bet tags on who's a bigger fan? Ha!

baja
10-12-2010, 03:19 PM

No not really

baja
10-12-2010, 03:20 PM
wrong forum, baja

Wrong forum for what?

bronco militia
10-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Wrong forum for what?

for betting tags.....this place doesn't have tags.

how about you bet that you'll leave the board forever. that might ring some bells

baja
10-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Tags? No, and I'm not someone who bets against his own team or players.

You are guaranteeing a lose, right? That means you are already betting against the Broncos.

TheReverend
10-12-2010, 03:26 PM
You are guaranteeing a lose, right? That means you are already betting against the Broncos.

^
Anyone want to bet on if Kaylore has too much class to dignify this troll with a response?

My money is on he has too much.

baja
10-12-2010, 03:30 PM
Wanna bet tags on who's a bigger fan? Ha!

I know Kaylore is a big time Broncos fan I never questioned that. I was reminiscing about the Broncos fans of the 70's. Even when we deep down felt we were going to lose we still found a way to expect to win and a lot of times we did. It's different now is all I'm saying but go ahead and read into it what you will.

SouthStndJunkie
10-12-2010, 03:32 PM
I know Kaylore is a big time Broncos fan I never questioned that. I was reminiscing about the Broncos fans of the 70's. Even when we deep down felt we were going to lose we still found a way to expect to win and a lot of times we did. It's different now is all I'm saying but go ahead and read into it what you will.

That's because you were all stoned at the time.

baja
10-12-2010, 03:38 PM
for betting tags.....this place doesn't have tags.

how about you bet that you'll leave the board forever. that might ring some bells

Traffic slow on your BB today? Or you just tired of calling each other gay all day long. I love how you bash everyone here over on your Board yet come here to steal some football takes to run back there and post like they were your ideas.

baja
10-12-2010, 03:39 PM
That's because you were all stoned at the time.

Well there was that....

It was a special time though.

SouthStndJunkie
10-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Well there was that....

It was a special time though.

I would have loved to have been there for that period of time....outside of the fact that in means I would be old now.

baja
10-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I would have loved to have been there for that period of time....outside of the fact that in means I would be old now.

I feel as good as I did when I was 20, better actually. No hangovers. ;D

TheChamp24
10-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Seriously, calling people out because we see reality that we are overmatched to a superior team?
We have 5 sacks through 5 games, on pace for a whopping 16 on the season.
Outside of the Seahawks game, we don't have an interception and only 2 turnovers in 4 other games.
We have the 25th ranked rush defense, and ranked 22nd in YPC at 4.4. In all, the 19th ranked defense and in scoring defense, ranked 25th.
By far the worst rushing offense at 51.8 per game, and 2.3 ypa.

Tell me what should make me think we will win other than "Any Given Sunday?"

Missouribronc
10-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Seriously, calling people out because we see reality that we are overmatched to a superior team?
Outside of the Seahawks game, we don't have an interception and only 2 turnovers in 4 other games.
We have the 25th ranked rush defense, and ranked 22nd in YPC at 4.4. In all, the 19th ranked defense and in scoring defense, ranked 25th.

Because with all of those terrible stats, they've still won two out of five?

baja
10-12-2010, 03:55 PM

I'm gonna watch the game and expect to win until proven wrong. You might as well go fishing since we are destined to lose. We're a 3 point dog at home and that's probably a good bet to take NYJ but you won't see me making it. I think we can win and like our chances.

All I know is I enjoy the games and love the direction Josh McDaniels is taking us. All you guys that think that all that matters is wins are missing a big part of the game. I feel sorry for you.

Second paragraph not necessarily directed at the quoted post

waz06
10-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Could someone please post a link to the "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" clip.

We will still be there Sunday sporting orange colors and hoping for a miracle (Tebow?)

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 05:12 PM

The pups will never understand the difference.

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Could someone please post a link to the "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?" clip.

We will still be there Sunday sporting orange colors and hoping for a miracle (Tebow?)

I approve of this post sans the "Tebow" reference.:clown:

chadta
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
hey just cuz i dont think were gonna run much dont mean i dont expect to win, hell i still think were gonna go 13-3, i expect to win everygame we play.

Beantown Bronco
10-12-2010, 05:28 PM

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaQ7wog1Kog?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaQ7wog1Kog?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

baja
10-12-2010, 05:30 PM

Yes sadly Nut that is true. I'm glad there are a few of us at least that remember that very special time. People were painting their houses orange for cripes sake. I was living in C. Springs and on Sunday there was no cars on the roads. People would spontaneously start talking Broncos to complete strangers and they would prattle on like old friends about that common bond, their beloved Broncos. Everyone knew the name of every starter on defense and most of the offense too. Even in losses there was nothing but love for the Broncos and a we'll get um next week attatude.

I just miss that and hate it has been replaced with, "We are over matched and we are going to for sure lose". I say fuqk that shiit. Kick some NY ass.

In our house? Expect a loss? Not me!!!

The great news is Josh is building a team remincent of our Orange Chrush years and I LOVE it.

Many of these whiney bassturds don't even see we have a great young coach that will build a team we can be proud of. No more Dale Carters or I Hops. Good orange lunch pail guys that know how to give it up for each other. There is a reason Champ wants to finish his career here, he knows what Josh is building.

Go BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vancejohnson82
10-12-2010, 05:35 PM
yes sadly nut that is true. I'm glad there are a few of us at least that remember that very special time. People were painting their houses orange for cripes sake. I was living in c. Springs and on sunday there was no cars on the roads. People would spontaneously start talking broncos to complete strangers and they would prattle on like old friends about that common bond, their beloved broncos. Everyone knew the name of every starter on defense and most of the offense too. Even in losses there was nothing but love for the broncos and a we'll get um next week attatude.

I just miss that and hate it has been replaced with, "we are over matched and we are going to for sure lose". I say fuqk that shiit. Kick some ny ass.

The great news is josh is building a team remincent of our orange chrush years and i love it.

Many of these whiney bassturds don't even see we have a great young coach that will build a team we can be proud of. No more dale carters or i hops. Good orange lunch pail guys that know how to give it up for each other. There is a reason champ wants to finish his career here, he knows what josh is building.

Go broncos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rep

WolfpackGuy
10-12-2010, 05:38 PM
The offense can't take entire quarters off like last week.

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes sadly Nut that is true. I'm glad there are a few of us at least that remember that very special time. People were painting their houses orange for cripes sake. I was living in C. Springs and on Sunday there was no cars on the roads. People would spontaneously start talking Broncos to complete strangers and they would prattle on like old friends about that common bond, their beloved Broncos. Everyone knew the name of every starter on defense and most of the offense too. Even in losses there was nothing but love for the Broncos and a we'll get um next week attatude.

I just miss that and hate it has been replaced with, "We are over matched and we are going to for sure lose". I say fuqk that shiit. Kick some NY ass.

The great news is Josh is building a team remincent of our Orange Chrush years and I LOVE it.

Many of these whiney bassturds don't even see we have a great young coach that will build a team we can be proud of. No more Dale Carters or I Hops. Good orange lunch pail guys that know how to give it up for each other. There is a reason Champ wants to finish his career here, he knows what Josh is building.

Go BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll always head into the next week expecting a win, but being prepared to stomach a loss. Lot's of things have changed in the last decade.

RE; painted houses. There's still one on the north side of HWY 36 as you get off of I-25 (colors are little faded)

Free agency, greedy ass League, owners, agents and players have ruined it as much as fantasy football and bandwagon fans.

It's not the same and never will be.

Meck77
10-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I'll always head into the next week expecting a win, but being prepared to stomach a loss. Lot's of things have changed in the last decade.

RE; painted houses. There's still one on the north side of HWY 36 as you get off of I-25 (colors are little faded)

Free agency, greedy ass League, owners, agents and players have ruined it as much as fantasy football and bandwagon fans.

It's not the same and never will be.

You need to get over to Aurora then. Plenty of Bronco garages, murals :approve:, Bronco mailboxes, kids with Bronco helmets in their windows etc etc etc.....

Things aren't as bleak as you ole fuggers are making it out to be. Hell there are plenty of people flying their pride unlike when Griese was QB. I remember driving the bus all the way from East Colfax to the stadium and did not see one single Bronco jacket or hat and you know how busy Colfax blvd is.

Furthermore, things will never be the same. That would be boring if it was so!

You guys may be wishing for the way things were but the younger generation wants their first SB victory more than anything. Tell the young Bronco fans in the stands that "Things won't ever be the same". BS!

Hell they could get even better! Just a taste of a playoff win and Denver will be rocking once again. May not happen this year but it still could. Next year I like our chances!

TheChamp24
10-12-2010, 06:25 PM
I will say I see the foundation being built, but think we have a little ways to go. I hope guys progress well and we continue to build a good defensive group and the running game gets going.

baja
10-12-2010, 06:50 PM

Here is one explanation;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElrXrE8AmIc&feature=player_embedded#!

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I have had my confidence bled from me for Sunday by this week's injury news. Plus a few posts on this site from people who are smart, respected posters have pointed out soe home truths. I am still pumped to go to Invesco again, it'll be a great time.

While I am not as confident about Sunday, I still believe we could win 10 games. Our schedule through the 1st 6 was brutal (Florida in September, the one - two punch of Ravens and Jets, the Colts, the most consistent team over 10 years next to the Pats dynasty).

The rest of the schedule, well, I believe the games vs the AFC West are ALL winnable.

The 49ers? Come on.
The Cardinals and Max Hall?
The Raaaaaaaams?
The Texans are good but it's at home and it's Christmas!

This season is not over to me, even if we lose on Sunday.

cutthemdown
10-12-2010, 07:11 PM
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/12/83%20Sad%20Teen%20Party.jpg
Depressing pool.

Although I'm sure I could find SOMEthing to smile about in there.

except they are all about 16 yrs old. You perve!

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 07:24 PM
You need to get over to Aurora then. Plenty of Bronco garages, murals :approve:, Bronco mailboxes, kids with Bronco helmets in their windows etc etc etc.....

Things aren't as bleak as you ole fuggers are making it out to be. Hell there are plenty of people flying their pride unlike when Griese was QB. I remember driving the bus all the way from East Colfax to the stadium and did not see one single Bronco jacket or hat and you know how busy Colfax blvd is.

Furthermore, things will never be the same. That would be boring if it was so!

You guys may be wishing for the way things were but the younger generation wants their first SB victory more than anything. Tell the young Bronco fans in the stands that "Things won't ever be the same". BS!

Hell they could get even better! Just a taste of a playoff win and Denver will be rocking once again. May not happen this year but it still could. Next year I like our chances!

This makes meHilarious!

Regardless of team performance and fan dedication the NFL wont allow it to get better. Ya know: RULES

Soon we'll have to sing Kumbaya with all the visiting team fans prior to the coin flip!

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Here is one explanation;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElrXrE8AmIc&feature=player_embedded#!

Hilarious!^5ROFL!

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 07:30 PM
So I started in 2004 when I moved, can I still be a fan baja and TGN?

I know I will always be inferior but can I still go to the games?

waits for a bite

TailgateNut
10-12-2010, 08:07 PM

waits for a bite

It's not about WHEN you became a fan. That has nothing to do with it, ya clown.:clown:

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
It's not about WHEN you became a fan. That has nothing to do with it, ya clown.:clown:

You should have highlighted my post. :sunshine:

baja
10-12-2010, 08:31 PM

waits for a bite

Nobody is saying anyone is a inferior fan. It was a different time. No Internet, mostly local media. During football season I got the two denver papers and the Gazette Telegraph in C. Springs and read every word. I would go camping an look all over the area for a KOA signal.

No one can hold it against you that you were not around them. All I'm lamenting is the loss of something and it is not personal to anyone in particular.

I do blame you for being over sensitive however.

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Nobody is saying anyone is a inferior fan. It was a different time. No Internet, mostly local media. During football season I got the two denver papers and the Gazette Telegraph in C. Springs and read every word. I would go camping an look all over the area for a KOA signal.

No one can hold it against you that you were not around them. All I'm lamenting is the loss of something and it is not personal to anyone in particular.

I do blame you for being over sensitive however.

Highlight.
My.
Post.

baja
10-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Highlight.
My.
Post.

How could anyone not get that when you were whining about being picked on in a post that you were really kidding.

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 08:56 PM
How could anyone not get that when you were whining about being picked on in a post that you were really kidding.

ROFL!

The giant white space at the bottom? Can't take a joke tonight?

ZONA
10-12-2010, 08:57 PM
F the Jets and F the running game. Kyle should toss the ball every play. Quick slants, screens, bombs, hitches, outs, HB flats, you name it. We know we can't run it anyway. Teams are basically just sending the blitz every time and they happen to tackle the RB every time if we do hand off. They're going to be pinning their ears back so much, I also think we can run a few trick plays. Why not. Seriously, throw the rock 75 times this week. We are so much better at passing, I like our chances throwing the ball all 3 downs as opposed to running it once for nothing and leaving us with long yardage. Just toss that sucker all 3 downs. Throw it left, then right, left, middle, short, long, medium. Keep those clowns guessing.

The only way we beat the Jets is to keep our offenese on the field........ALOT.

bronco militia
10-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Traffic slow on your BB today? Or you just tired of calling each other gay all day long. I love how you bash everyone here over on your Board yet come here to steal some football takes to run back there and post like they were your ideas.

...ahhh booohooo. no one likes baja

you're just pissed off the broncos stepped on your nuts again after making another homer thread.

baja
10-12-2010, 09:53 PM
...ahhh booohooo. no one likes baja

you're just pissed off the broncos stepped on your nuts again after making another homer thread.

Dude I just don't relate to your world.

It's like the 7th grade was a long time ago for me.

bronco militia
10-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Dude I just don't relate to your world.

It's like the 7th grade was a long time ago for me.

oh bull****...go do a search for the all threads you start here.

baja
10-12-2010, 09:59 PM
oh bull****...go do a search for the all threads you start here.

Ah...sure right away ROFL!

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Ah...sure right away ROFL!

You sure like poles...

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/10/draper%20wink.gif

strafen
10-12-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm expecting about the same as I've seen all season. No reason to really think otherwise.I would think they still have a wrinkle or two to put in the offense...
Problem is, without a running game still, the Jets are a good of a defensive football team to have seen our offense from the last 5 games and know what to do...

The Jets are kind of a thowback style of a football team and they're very sound.
We've traditionally done well against them that I can remember.
Home game, we need to prevail.
The old mile-hi stadium always gave us an edge...

baja
10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
You sure like poles...

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/10/draper%20wink.gif

This is just a small part of my collection. :strong:

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvfsIaAEJQ72REAyjulvBjO1V25EtPy 4gMcim64ESvPNwngBQ&t=1&usg=__gyFEYfYKfXNxF0txp5WhiR3CjNo=

Dagmar
10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
If I had to choose between the two games, Ravens and Jets, I would take us to win the home game against the Jets 99 times out of a 100. Ravens are our bogey team.

worm
10-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Spread is only 3 for this game.

Clearly the bookmakers don't think of this as much of a lost cause as some here do.

Now the bookies DO think that the Browns playing in Pittsburgh this week is a lost cause.

worm
10-12-2010, 10:55 PM

Luxury.

After moving to the Bay Area from Boulder, I had to wait about a week and a half for the local library to get the delayed DPO in.

No internet. No USA Today. Barely ESPN. It was the Dark Ages.

I think I was the first person to sign up at the DPO when they first got online. It was better than Christmas.

baja
10-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Luxury.

After moving to the Bay Area from Boulder, I had to wait about a week and a half for the local library to get the delayed DPO in.

No internet. No USA Today. Barely ESPN. It was the Dark Ages.

I think I was the first person to sign up at the DPO when they first got online. It was better than Christmas.

The early days of message boards. Now them are some good memories too. Remember the secret forums worm. There were some funny MFers there. Creative too.

The Joker
10-12-2010, 11:35 PM
I guess nobody wants that dinner date with Peyton Hillis then, not a single guess so far. :(

bronco militia
10-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Clearly the bookmakers don't think of this as much of a lost cause as some here do.

Now the bookies DO think that the Browns playing in Pittsburgh this week is a lost cause.

teams traveling after a Monday night game usually don't play well. The spread will probably grow a few points by Friday

worm
10-13-2010, 12:09 PM
teams traveling after a Monday night game usually don't play well. The spread will probably grow a few points by Friday

Take the Broncs on the moneyline, BM! You know you want to.

6-3 is our destiny.....before we finish 8-8. The Mane rollercoaster isn't finished by a long shot.

bronco militia
10-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Take the Broncs on the moneyline, BM! You know you want to.

.....before we finish 8-8. The Mane rollercoaster isn't finished by a long shot.

I agree... but I'm a broke ass broncos fan. My kids need to eat this week

worm
10-13-2010, 12:31 PM
I agree... but I'm a broke ass broncos fan. My kids need to eat this week

Your priorities suck!

bronco militia
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Your priorities suck!

Ha!

bendog
10-13-2010, 02:29 PM

I think the spread shows more that the wise guys can't get anyone to PUT money on Den. I've never bet against the broncos, but that's tempting. Fortunately, I don't know where to book a bet w/o going to new orleans.