PDA

View Full Version : 4-3?

DenverBroncosJM
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
So with the recent injuries is this the week we run a 4-3 D?
DJ, Mario, Hunter for LBs?

baja
10-11-2010, 08:18 PM
So with the recent injuries is this the week we run a 4-3 D?
DJ, Mario, Hunter for LBs?

You might be on to something there

OABB
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
I'm all for it. But than who plays end? We will get even less of a pass rush. The best thing to do is run the ball better. It will make everything else click.

The Joker
10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
Definitely a potential option, I expect we'll stay in a 3-4 though. We might get some 4-3 looks thrown in, but I don't think a mass overhaul of the scheme is the way to go.

Pretty sure we won't be seeing Moss and Hunter both starting at OLB anyway. If we stay in a 3-4, which I think we will, I'd guess Haggan will move back to SOLB and Mays will start at ILB.

Mogulseeker
10-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Moss back at DE?

That One Guy
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I really always questioned why anyone would want to do the 4-3. The 3-4 is essentially a 4-3 except you can pick which side your 4th DL comes from so bliztes can be hidden.

What is the actual benefit to it? Only time I've seen it be really successful lately is the Vikings before their DL got old and the NYG who have great DL as well.

Bronco Boy
10-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Moss back at DE?

Please no...

Popps
10-11-2010, 09:15 PM
McD has said they'll run both looks as they need to. I somewhat doubt we'll see a lot of it, but this is desperation time, now.

Who the #### is going to play safety?

This just sucks.

The Joker
10-11-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm so disappointed that McBath is injured at the same time as Dawkins.

Would have been great to see him start a few games in a row and see where he is right now in terms of being a full time starter. The guy seems to be the likely successor to Dawkins at SS and has looked good in role duty, it's annoying we're not going to get to see him out there.

Looked a pretty bad injury as well with how he had to be carted off, wouldn't be surprised if he's going to IR.

I'd imagine Nate Jones will start alongside Hill at safety.

I have an ache in my fingers from typing that last sentence.

Broncoman13
10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I really always questioned why anyone would want to do the 4-3. The 3-4 is essentially a 4-3 except you can pick which side your 4th DL comes from so bliztes can be hidden.

What is the actual benefit to it? Only time I've seen it be really successful lately is the Vikings before their DL got old and the NYG who have great DL as well.

Technically it's not a blitz unless you send 5 or more. But yeah, they beauty of the 3-4 is you can bring the 4th rusher from a number of different spots... Though we don't do that very much. It's usually the same guy which is the same as a 4-3. Our defense is pretty vanilla and actually kind of boring when you think about it.

TDmvp
10-11-2010, 09:27 PM

http://www.80ozoffury.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/tebow_superman.jpg
;D j/k ...

But O great , now I'm having flash backs of whatever year that was , I think the year Lynch moved on to the Pats and we was so bad at safety that they would take the wrong angles and totally run their self out of a tackle or just run up and hit and not wrap and fall down as whoever runs 60 for a TD , or whiff all together and spike themselves face first... Pretty sure it was the Lynch moving on year... But /shiver.

As a noted Shanny love I have spent a year or so in therapy just trying to build walls around all that which I guess is better than just going totally crazy and pretending he still is the coach LOL :giggle:

Broncoman13
10-11-2010, 09:31 PM
Watching the Jets blitz like crazy reminds me of Coyer's blitzes and the late Jim Johnson. Very exciting, I have a little penis envy I admit. You live and die by the blitz but at least you create opportunities...sometimes for the offense but usually for the defense.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-11-2010, 10:02 PM
I was hoping this was a positive thread about how we were going to beat the Jets, then beat the Raiders.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
6 weeks ago Hunter was a defensive end in a 4-3...now you want him to play SSLB?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2010, 10:06 PM
I was hoping this was a positive thread about how we were going to beat the Jets, then beat the Raiders.

ha! thats what i thought it was too actually

BroncoDoug
10-11-2010, 10:51 PM

Well lets make it one! Go Broncos!

KevinJames
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Hunter is not a 4-3 backer he would be a DE.

driver
10-12-2010, 02:16 AM
McD has said they'll run both looks as they need to. I somewhat doubt we'll see a lot of it, but this is desperation time, now.

This just sucks.

Good question?? Play a nickle or dime pkg all game, maybe???

The Joker
10-12-2010, 04:05 AM

That would be easily the worst idea of all time.

ColoradoDarin
10-12-2010, 04:18 AM

Against a running team? No.

misturanderson
10-12-2010, 06:09 AM
But O great , now I'm having flash backs of whatever year that was , I think the year Lynch moved on to the Pats and we was so bad at safety that they would take the wrong angles and totally run their self out of a tackle or just run up and hit and not wrap and fall down as whoever runs 60 for a TD , or whiff all together and spike themselves face first... Pretty sure it was the Lynch moving on year... But /shiver.

As a noted Shanny love I have spent a year or so in therapy just trying to build walls around all that which I guess is better than just going totally crazy and pretending he still is the coach LOL :giggle:
That was 2008 and likely a huge part of why Shanny was fired. The safeties that we trotted out, by choice, that year were beyond unacceptable.

Rock Chalk
10-12-2010, 06:10 AM
guess it WAS a good idea to keep Nate Jones around cuz he can play safety.

Who knew?

oubronco
10-12-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm so disappointed that McBath is injured at the same time as Dawkins.

Would have been great to see him start a few games in a row and see where he is right now in terms of being a full time starter. The guy seems to be the likely successor to Dawkins at SS and has looked good in role duty, it's annoying we're not going to get to see him out there.

Looked a pretty bad injury as well with how he had to be carted off, wouldn't be surprised if he's going to IR.

I'd imagine Nate Jones will start alongside Hill at safety.

I have an ache in my fingers from typing that last sentence.

We are so screwed

dbfan4life
10-12-2010, 07:05 AM
I would love it if the Broncos were 4-3.

baja
10-12-2010, 10:26 AM
I like this idea.

We could start Justin Bannan, Marcus Thomas, Jamal Williams and Vickerson

That way Moss is off the field

The Joker
10-12-2010, 10:36 AM
I like this idea.

We could start Justin Bannan, Marcus Thomas, Jamal Williams and Vickerson

That way Moss is off the field

Zero pass rush though, those guys are all DT's in a 4-3.

The more I think about it the more I think we stick with the 3-4 and move Haggan over to SOLB and bring Mays into to be the SILB.

He looked decent in PS, and Haggan played OLB last year and wasn't exactly playing all-world at ILB anyway.

baja
10-12-2010, 10:39 AM
Zero pass rush though, those guys are all DT's in a 4-3.

The more I think about it the more I think we stick with the 3-4 and move Haggan over to SOLB and bring Mays into to be the SILB.

He looked decent in PS, and Haggan played OLB last year and wasn't exactly playing all-world at ILB anyway.

We will to have blitz packages anyway we line up so there is no pressure advantage using the 3 / 4

baja
10-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Plus with the 4 / 3 line up I listed we would have better run stopping personal on the field.