PDA

View Full Version : Injury updates

MABroncoFan
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16311458

Ayers out 2 to 3 months, Dawkins 2 to 3 weeks.

With all our injuries, we might have to just put Ayers on IR. Just have 5 healthy LBs right now, and 2 healthy safeties. Will have to add at least 1 LB and 1 S this week.

Broncoman13
10-11-2010, 05:34 PM
So what the heck happened to Ayers and when?

MABroncoFan
10-11-2010, 05:36 PM
So what the heck happened to Ayers and when?

Broken foot, don't know when it happened.

zdoor
Broken foot is what the Post reports now.

WolfpackGuy
Damned field turf.

I wonder when he got hurt because I remember seeing him in most of the time.

It probably happened when Oher TACKLED him on Flacco's scramble.

Dagmar
10-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Damned field turf.

I wonder when he got hurt because I remember seeing him in most of the time.

It probably happened when Oher TACKLED him on Flacco's scramble.

He was in until the end, he was in on the kneel down.

vancejohnson82
10-11-2010, 05:40 PM
well, there goes any legitimate shot at the playoffs

im not a doom and gloom type guy but this is terrible....Ayers was actually playing well

WolfpackGuy
10-11-2010, 05:45 PM
He was in until the end, he was in on the kneel down.

Okay, I remember seeing him in the early 4th.

I was already cracking a postgame beer in the lot by the time of the kneel down.

easymobee
10-11-2010, 05:48 PM
It sucks. To have awesome LBers , when 2/3 of them are out.

2011 (if it happens) and a healthy DJ, Ayers, and Dumervil will be great.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, this will be fun

Broncoman13
10-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Ayers was easily our most improved defender this season. In fact, he was probably playing better than DJ. Watch DJ yesterday when he took the defender on and allowed the outside running lane... then watch how Ayers plays that same type play. Outside leverage, and often will just "bench press" the blocker into the middle while setting the edge. Everything is supposed to funnel to the middle of the field and Ayers was doing a brilliant job of that so far.

Draft next year has a ton of good OLBs. We need another rush OLB. Even with Ayers and Doom back, the depth at the position is pitiful (as we'll soon see). You can find a way to get a pass rushing guy on the field... look at Clay Mathews for example. Even if you trot out a 4-3 with Doom and the draft pick on the edge, Ayers is strong enough to play DT on pass rushing downs and generate pressure. OLB needs to be our #1 pick, I would say safety but there just aren't any safeties out there worth a first round pick right now.

Ray Finkle
10-11-2010, 05:54 PM
crap sticks....

oubronco
10-11-2010, 05:56 PM
I suppose all the asshats will have fun with this

rbackfactory80
10-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Its a good example why people are so passionate about this game. Not that I totally agree but losing key pieces means having to wait till next September, 11 months from now. That's a year and we only live on average about 70 of those. No other sport is there a wait like the NFL and that drives people crazy.

WABronco
10-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Injury update:

Up **** creek... will post update on this update later.

gunns
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Its a good example why people are so passionate about this game. Not that I totally agree but losing key pieces means having to wait till next September, 11 months from now. That's a year and we only live on average about 70 of those. No other sport is there a wait like the NFL and that drives people crazy.

And who knows if there will be football next September.

strafen
10-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Wow, unbelievable.
Just bad luck this year.
Terrible!

oubronco
10-11-2010, 06:02 PM
And who knows if there will be football next September.

Well my Sooners will be playing next September :thumbsup:

Popps
10-11-2010, 06:10 PM
Wow.

I already had curtailed my expectations when Doom went down. Now, I'm not even sure what to think.

At this point, we just need to take any positives we can out of this season. I'll root my ass off for a playoff berth, as always. But, we're playing with a scout team out there.

Even worse, I'm sure if we lose a few games... it's all going to be McD's fault. So, we have that to look forward to.

This season is going to be troll-central, folks. Troll central.

Popps
10-11-2010, 06:11 PM
Probably in the other thread, but... Thomas?

Fusionfrontman
10-11-2010, 06:15 PM
That kills, I didn't like Ayers much last year but this year he has shown he can be a force, especially when we get Doom back. Problem is if there is no football next year, you are looking at 2 years away... with an older Champ, no Dawkins, who knows what at DL. I'm still thinking we can make a run. Our Defense won't be good, but at this point we need to get our running game back to AT LEAST control the clock.

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 06:17 PM
I want Mcd to improve our OL run blocking and Running game..
By the season end, i will be happy if we have balanced attack on offense.
On defensive front, we should be fine next year.

oubronco
10-11-2010, 06:22 PM
That kills, I didn't like Ayers much last year but this year he has shown he can be a force, especially when we get Doom back. Problem is if there is no football next year, you are looking at 2 years away... with an older Champ, no Dawkins, who knows what at DL. I'm still thinking we can make a run. Our Defense won't be good, but at this point we need to get our running game back to AT LEAST control the clock.

No Defense equals No Playoffs it's that simple if McD can pull something outta his hat then great but my hopes aren't as high as they were to start but i'll still be rooting them on

diehardbroncosfan
10-11-2010, 06:25 PM

Ayers out 2 to 3 months, Dawkins 2 to 3 weeks.

With all our injuries, we might have to just put Ayers on IR. Just have 5 healthy LBs right now, and 2 healthy safeties. Will have to add at least 1 LB and 1 S this week.

I'll be rooting for us until the end, and I know other teams have had similar streaks, but I really don't remember a season where we had so many injuries to key players. This just sucks. Doom, Ayers. We weren't generating much of a pass rush before. It's going to be ridiculously hard now.

Baba Booey
10-11-2010, 06:32 PM
God damnit.

Rock Chalk
10-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Well if Ayers is going to be out 2-3 months we might as well just can him for the rest of the year. No sense bringing him back this year.

Moss and HUnter starting OLBs, ****ing brilliant.

LRtagger
10-11-2010, 06:43 PM
I'll be rooting for us until the end, and I know other teams have had similar streaks, but I really don't remember a season where we had so many injuries to key players. This just sucks. Doom, Ayers. We weren't generating much of a pass rush before. It's going to be ridiculously hard now.

Not only will our pass rush be even worse, but it will be worse and we are still without Goodman. Cox is going to get absolutely abused if he has to cover guys for 5+ sec.

Not that we were generating much of a pass rush before, but imagining it being even worse is hard to swallow - especially knowing we are going to march out a rookie at CB and most likely a rookie at S.

WolfpackGuy
10-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Can Moss play TE?

After seeing him up close yesterday, he looks too damn skinny to be on defense.

LRtagger
10-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Can Moss play TE?

Thats been his fault since day one. He can't put/keep weight on his frame. It's astounding that he was drafting in the middle of the first round to play on the defensive line.

Popps
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Can Moss play TE?

Yea, we're pretty much ####ed as far as a pass-rush goes.

Ayers was playing the run well, too. Ugh.

ScottXray
10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Well, maybe Moss will ROID up . after all...he wants a pay day after this year.
Hasn't done much so far...now is his chance!

Dagmar
10-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Do we explore trade possibilities?

illbroncsfn
10-11-2010, 07:01 PM
next man up philosophy...... not very reassuring

eddie mac
10-11-2010, 07:16 PM
Wow.

I already had curtailed my expectations when Doom went down. Now, I'm not even sure what to think.

At this point, we just need to take any positives we can out of this season. I'll root my ass off for a playoff berth, as always. But, we're playing with a scout team out there.

Even worse, I'm sure if we lose a few games... it's all going to be McD's fault. So, we have that to look forward to.
This season is going to be troll-central, folks. Troll central.

Let's hope Bowlen doesn't see it that way. I couldn't give two ****s what some other haters think. At the end of the day Pat's opinion is the only one that matters, so let's hope he takes into account this injury nightmare when he's assessing the Broncos development under his HC.

I remember the Bears a few seasons ago when they lost Urlacher, Briggs and Harris at the same time and they went from great to **** in that period. There's only so many games your squad of $600k per year players can win and when you're playing week in week out with a battered defense, half fit OL and no running backs of note your chances of winning games, especially against top teams diminish greatly.

Sassy
10-11-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=2967918#post2967918

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Let's hope Bowlen doesn't see it that way. I couldn't give two ****s what some other haters think. At the end of the day Pat's opinion is the only one that matters, so let's hope he takes into account this injury nightmare when he's assessing the Broncos development under his HC.

I remember the Bears a few seasons ago when they lost Urlacher, Briggs and Harris at the same time and they went from great to **** in that period. There's only so many games your squad of $600k per year players can win and when you're playing week in week out with a battered defense, half fit OL and no running backs of note your chances of winning games, especially against top teams diminish greatly.

I think if Mcd can fix the running game, we will win few games this season..
It will be a positive going into next season..

baja
10-11-2010, 07:24 PM
When is the trade deadline? I think lat this month?

Archer81
10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I want Mcd to improve our OL run blocking and Running game..
By the season end, i will be happy if we have balanced attack on offense.
On defensive front, we should be fine next year.

Thank you professor.

The world is better off knowing this is all you added to the discussion.

:Broncos:

rbackfactory80
10-11-2010, 07:34 PM
When is the trade deadline? I think lat this month?

This week, week 6.

Archer81
10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
****ing injury bug. Why dont they go rape someone else for a change?

****stick.

baja
10-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Are you serious? Bowlen sees what you see times 50.

Archer81
10-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I think if Mcd can fix the running game, we will win few games this season..
It will be a positive going into next season..

Wow.

5 games into 2010 and the season is a lost cause? What world do you live in?

BMarsh615
10-11-2010, 07:47 PM
We should trade Orton to San Fran and start the Tebow era. This season is lost anyways.

rugbythug
10-11-2010, 08:02 PM
darrell reid or Baraka Atkins? Or Akin odeyell with 57 going outside

footstepsfrom#27
10-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Injury update:

Up **** creek... will post update on this update later.
Update: without a paddle.

missingnumber7
10-11-2010, 08:11 PM
Is it time to move Hagan back outside? I know with Woodyard injured it leaves us thin, but Moss is not the full time answer, if Woodyard were healthy they could rotate Mays and Woodyard like they did during the preseason. And would it be easier to find a ILB vs and OLB?

MABroncoFan
10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
darrell reid or Baraka Atkins? Or Akin odeyell with 57 going outside

I think Ayodele is with the Bills now. We don't even know if Reid is healthy enough to play yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see OLB Diyral Briggs promoted from the practice squad.

SoCalBronco
10-11-2010, 08:12 PM
I think Bowlen realizes they can't win. He won't blame the staff. It was bad enough with Doom out, but Ayers basiscally out for the rest of the year, possibly...and Dawkins for like a month. There's simply no way it can work. It's almost to the point where its not physically possible to prevail with the types of guys they have to trot out there. This was a horribly bad year for injuries. No one could overcome this. They simply cannot win games with no OLB's. If they can get to 6 wins, I will be impressed. I'm serious. Moss and Hunter? People will run outside all day long, they'll be able to easily get a hat on these guys. These guys generate nothing from a pass rush perspective, either. I'm trying not to get too down, but at this point, I'm trying to see how they are going to win more than 4 more games this year and I can't find a viable path.

This is ****ing horrible.

Dagmar
10-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Robert Ayers may only miss 6 weeks, 5 games.

WABronco
10-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Update: without a paddle.

Update: previous update confirmed. RUN FOR YOUR LIVES

Dagmar
10-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Lindsay Jones of the DP just tweeted that.

WolfpackGuy
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM
The offense better get their rubberbands wound up!

MABroncoFan
10-11-2010, 08:23 PM

6 weeks now

Dr. Broncenstein
10-11-2010, 08:39 PM
He must have been put on the Ryan Clady abbreviated recovery schedule.

baja
10-11-2010, 08:43 PM
He must have been put on the Ryan Clady abbreviated recovery schedule.

You blew that one doc. ;D

Sassy
10-11-2010, 08:43 PM
I think Bowlen realizes they can't win. He won't blame the staff. It was bad enough with Doom out, but Ayers basiscally out for the rest of the year, possibly...and Dawkins for like a month. There's simply no way it can work. It's almost to the point where its not physically possible to prevail with the types of guys they have to trot out there. This was a horribly bad year for injuries. No one could overcome this. They simply cannot win games with no OLB's. If they can get to 6 wins, I will be impressed. I'm serious. Moss and Hunter? People will run outside all day long, they'll be able to easily get a hat on these guys. These guys generate nothing from a pass rush perspective, either. I'm trying not to get too down, but at this point, I'm trying to see how they are going to win more than 4 more games this year and I can't find a viable path.

This is ****ing horrible.

Dawk...a month? where did you see that...I've been seeing 2-3 weeks.

Sassy
10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
We should trade Orton to San Fran and start the Tebow era. This season is lost anyways.

BULL****!
The team is 2-3...Lots of games left. Never give up!
GO BRONCOS!!!

Dr. Broncenstein
10-11-2010, 08:46 PM
You blew that one doc. ;D

You think Clady is anywhere near fully recovered?

baja
10-11-2010, 08:49 PM
You think Clady is anywhere near fully recovered?

He's playing NFL football and holding his own. Define "recovered"

You said he would not see the field this season and said he should be put on IR so in my book that = wrong. But hey it happens ;D

Dagmar
10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
He's playing NFL football and holding his own. Define "recovered"

You said he would not see the field this season and said he should be put on IR so in my book that = wrong. But hey it happens ;D

Wow, is he a doctor of philosophy?

baja
10-11-2010, 08:59 PM
Wow, is he a doctor of philosophy?

No Doc's a good doc & a good guy.

I'm just keeping him real. ;D

Hey Doc when you gonna get your Okie ass down here and take out my gall bladder? ;D

Dr. Broncenstein
10-11-2010, 09:12 PM
No Doc's a good doc & a good guy.

I'm just keeping him real. ;D

Hey Doc when you gonna get your Okie ass down here and take out my gall bladder? ;D

Hey man, I don't want to get shot / beheaded or whatever the hell else they are doing to gringos down there. Besides, I'm pretty sure the airline would lose my harmonic scalpel generator since it won't fit in carry on.

baja
10-11-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey man, I don't want to get shot / beheaded or whatever the hell else they are doing to gringos down there. Besides, I'm pretty sure the airline would lose my harmonic scalpel generator since it won't fit in carry on.

Where I am in Los Cabos it's safer than any city I know of in the USA and this includes your's.

Besides if you were any good you could do it over the phone.

MABroncoFan
10-11-2010, 10:43 PM
If it is 6 weeks, that would put his return potentially Nov. 22, MNF at SD. He'd miss the Jets game, Oakland, SF in London, and KC ... w/ a bye mixed in. Best case scenario - 4 missed games ... 3 at home and 1 neutral field essentially.

BlaK-Argentina
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
This is just unbelievable. I literally dropped my head when I found out about Ayers.

Hopefully Orton and the young guys provide us with a fun season from now on.

GO BRONCOS!

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2010, 11:03 PM

I hope youre being facetious

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Where I am in Los Cabos it's safer than any city I know of in the USA and this includes your's.

Besides if you were any good you could do it over the phone.

Doesnt Doc live in like bum**** Oklahoma? The only way youre not safe there is if youre gay

baja
10-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Doesnt Doc live in like bum**** Oklahoma? The only way youre not safe there is if youre gay

I think he lives in Omaha which is a war zone compared to Los Cabos

WABronco
10-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Give me Josh ****ing Mallard, por favor. And whoever that scrub-ass safety was we signed from the Titans a few years back.

Ohhh myyyy godddd this is such a bummer................:(((

MABroncoFan
10-11-2010, 11:13 PM
At a minimum, we need to add a LB and a S this week.

Some options:
LB - Diyral Briggs (PS), Kevin Alexander (PS), Antwan Barnes (waived by Eagles last week), Baraka Atkins, Derrick Burgess (former Pat), Pierre Woods (former Pat), Jamie Winborn (just cut by Tenn)

S - Kyle McCarthy (PS), Pat Watkins (former Cowboy), Al Afalava (former Bear), Quinton Demps (former Eagle), Kevin Ellison (former Charger), Michael Lewis (former 49er)

Now that we're relatively healthy on the O-line, we could cut 1 or 2 guys of our 10 there to open roster spots (Chris Clark, Eric Olson, D'Anthony Batiste).

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2010, 11:14 PM
Adelius Thomas still out there too?

Kaylore
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM
That's the season right there. Once again the Ravens destroy us for the whole year, this time through killing our players directly. Without both Dumervil AND Ayers this team might win four more games the rest of the year. What a terrible year this has been for injuries. I can't remember a worse one actually. We're definitely losing to the Jets this week.

baja
10-11-2010, 11:19 PM
That's the season right there. Once again the Ravens destroy us for the whole year, this time through killing our players directly. Without both Dumervil AND Ayers this team might win four more games the rest of the year. What a terrible year this has been for injuries. I can't remember a worse one actually. We're definitely losing to the Jets this week.

Well let's hope the team is a lot more mentally strong than you.

TheProfessor
10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Ehhh - Looks like I might want to break out the draft guide a little earlier than normal.

The Joker
10-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Ah, the 2008 safeties...

Calvin Lowry - Now playing in the UFL.
Marlon McCree - Currently unemployed.
Marquand Manuel - Currently unemployed.
Vernon Fox - Present whereabouts unknown. (nfl.com still has him listed as a Bronco)

Good times.

Sassy
10-11-2010, 11:37 PM

Screw this ****. GO BRONCOS!:thumbs:

ZONA
10-12-2010, 12:52 AM
This is so f'n lame man. Unreal.

McBath goes out, then Dawk, now I find out about Ayers. This is getting ridiculous. I'm so frickin pissed right now it's not even funny.

The Joker
10-12-2010, 01:20 AM
So annoying that McBath is out too, would have been great to see him in their as a starter for a few games to see how his development was coming along.

Still no idea what happened to him on the play where he was covering Ngata? Did they get tangled up together or did he just twist awkwardly or what happened?

cmhargrove
10-12-2010, 07:57 AM
Adelius Thomas still out there too?

I believe he is still available. Wouldn't be a bad choice - no draft trades, just cash.

Kaylore
10-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Screw this ****. GO BRONCOS!:thumbs:

I'll definitely still root for them. However in an ironic twist, this team has turned into the '08 Broncos: Lots of yards with no points. Lots of injuries at key positions. Stupid penalties at really critical times. A defense that cannot stop anybody.

Sassy
10-12-2010, 08:23 AM
I'll definitely still root for them. However in an ironic twist, this team has turned into the '08 Broncos: Lots of yards with no points. Lots of injuries at key positions. Stupid penalties at really critical times. A defense that cannot stop anybody.

True...but they're still my Broncos! :sunshine:

ColoradoBuff
10-12-2010, 08:34 AM
we really need the running game to step up and help this defense out!!

go_broncos
10-12-2010, 08:46 AM
With or without injuries, it will not matter if you can't run the ball.

OABB
10-12-2010, 08:50 AM
We should all be rooting for moreno to step it up. All things aside, this season goes as he goes. Instead of the constant negetivity, maybe we should root for him? He can at least score in the red zone and would be a killer with some blocking.

Go moreno!

Go broncos.

Los Broncos
10-12-2010, 09:05 AM
This just sucks, any chance we had at the playoffs might be gone.

Sunday's game is going to be hard to watch.

TheChamp24
10-12-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah, this team is in trouble. Before this news, I was thinking 8-8/9-7 would be best case scenario.
Now? More like 6-10. Don't say I'm not a fan or believe in them, I'm realistic. 3 of our LB's that will be starting now probably would not start on another team. I have no clue who our starting safety next to Hill will be(Bruton?).
We already were struggling on pass rushing, this will make that worse. Cox, while he has played well at times, is a rookie who also is getting toasted. He really needs to be the 3rd CB right now, not starting.
We have no running game, the interior OL is struggling like crazy. Can't score in the red zone due to no running game.

This team needs to draft some quality guys on the DL, ILB, and safety and pray that the OL gets better.

Broncoman13
10-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Yeah, this team is in trouble. Before this news, I was thinking 8-8/9-7 would be best case scenario.
Now? More like 6-10. Don't say I'm not a fan or believe in them, I'm realistic. 3 of our LB's that will be starting now probably would not start on another team. I have no clue who our starting safety next to Hill will be(Bruton?).
We already were struggling on pass rushing, this will make that worse. Cox, while he has played well at times, is a rookie who also is getting toasted. He really needs to be the 3rd CB right now, not starting.
We have no running game, the interior OL is struggling like crazy. Can't score in the red zone due to no running game.

This team needs to draft some quality guys on the DL, ILB, and safety and pray that the OL gets better.

I couldn't agree more. I'll sit back and cheer like crazy, but I'm not gonna go crazy over every game we struggle in... not when we're losing players left and right to injury and trotting out a bunch of 3rd tier players.

Safety is what worries me the most. I'm not super confident in Haggans moving to the Outside and Mays playing in the middle, but I feel better about that than Bruton and Hill playing safety... and if one of them were to go down to injury... BIG TROUBLE!

Anybody hear any other injury updates on DT?

The Joker
10-12-2010, 09:37 AM

I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel on the defense just yet.

Sure the injuries really suck, but we're not going to be THAT bad, like 2008 bad. Really good QB's are going to do some serious damage to us with our crappy pass rush, but looking at our remaining schedule the only elite QB we have to face is Rivers (x2), and the only one after that that's pushing top 10 in the league is Schaub.

Aside from that...

Cassel (x2)
Campbell/Gradkowski (x2)
Sam Bradford (could be great one day, but not yet)
Sanchez
Alex Smith
Max Hall

If the run defense doesn't go to pieces like last year, I think the defense can still be competitive.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-12-2010, 09:46 AM
On the bright side, this situation may keep us from going to London ever again. Pitting the milquetoast Broncos against the equally hapless 49ers as the NFL's international showcase is almost comical. It will be an epic cripple fight.

cousinal11
10-12-2010, 09:49 AM
I couldn't agree more. I'll sit back and cheer like crazy, but I'm not gonna go crazy over every game we struggle in... not when we're losing players left and right to injury and trotting out a bunch of 3rd tier players.

Safety is what worries me the most. I'm not super confident in Haggans moving to the Outside and Mays playing in the middle, but I feel better about that than Bruton and Hill playing safety... and if one of them were to go down to injury... BIG TROUBLE!

Anybody hear any other injury updates on DT?

Don't think he's been ruled out for this week yet.

It might be just me, but I think he might be hurt everytime he gets hit.

Rohirrim
10-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, look on the bright side. At least Wade Phillips isn't our coach.

baja
10-12-2010, 10:01 AM
We'll be in this game for 60 minutes.

At Home

Really really need a win

O line has another week to gel

Moreno is back

Goodman is back (?)

Thomas & Vickerson playing much better

We will see what kind of innovator Josh is.

I like our chances to steal this one.

TheProfessor
10-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Well, look on the bright side. At least Wade Phillips isn't our coach.

Trust me I'm not a wade philips fan

-BUT-

the irony of it, is that his record is 82 and 55.

Wade Philips winning percentage is .01 less than mike shanahans.

gyldenlove
10-12-2010, 10:17 AM
Go Jarvis Moss, go David Bruton WOOHOO!

MABroncoFan
10-12-2010, 10:35 AM

At Home

Really really need a win

Moreno is back

Goodman is back (?)

Goodman was already ruled out.

Moreno - don't know yet.

I read DT may have suffered a concussion, so he might be out too.

Flex Gunmetal
10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
I think it's about time to shtcan the entire training staff. This sht is getting ridiculous. Massive injuries every where every year.

Broncoman13
10-12-2010, 11:09 AM
I think it's about time to shtcan the entire training staff. This sht is getting ridiculous. Massive injuries every where every year.

hahahaha!!!

Training staff is responsible for all of these broken bones and torn muscles/ligaments no doubt.

The only thing I think we would benefit from is better stretching. Whether it's Yoga or whatever. You strengthen so much, you have to keep up with stretching. But this isn't on the training staff, it's on the players and management to make it happen.

TheChamp24
10-12-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm not quite ready to throw in the towel on the defense just yet.

Sure the injuries really suck, but we're not going to be THAT bad, like 2008 bad. Really good QB's are going to do some serious damage to us with our crappy pass rush, but looking at our remaining schedule the only elite QB we have to face is Rivers (x2), and the only one after that that's pushing top 10 in the league is Schaub.

Aside from that...

Cassel (x2)
Campbell/Gradkowski (x2)
Sam Bradford (could be great one day, but not yet)
Sanchez
Alex Smith
Max Hall

If the run defense doesn't go to pieces like last year, I think the defense can still be competitive.

I'm pretty sure the Ravens just ran for over 200 against us, and nearly every team we play has a good RB/good ground game. People wanna talk about how solid our run D has been, but ranking in the bottom 10 means it still needs a lot of work. Stop trying to sugarcoat it by saying "Well, we held Johnson and Jones-Drew under 100 yards". Those games, we still gave up 120+ rushing yards. We held Johnson in check, but gave up a big run that cost us some points.
The Indy game and Titans game are pretty much the only games I was impressed with the run defense. Seattle got yards, but thanks to Hasselbeck we won that game going away. And like I said before, we still gave up a good chunk of yards to the Titans.

PRBronco
10-12-2010, 11:18 AM

Time to **** can non grass fields imo. Will slow down the razzle dazzle Mike Martz type bull**** but it's the only way they'll make it to the end of an 18 game season without fielding teams full of UFL players come playoff time. That's my old man rant/entirely uneducated theory at least.

DarkHorse
10-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Don't think he's been ruled out for this week yet.

It might be just me, but I think he might be hurt everytime he gets hit.

Pretty nasty shot he took there.

Flex Gunmetal
10-12-2010, 12:31 PM
hahahaha!!!

Training staff is responsible for all of these broken bones and torn muscles/ligaments no doubt.

The only thing I think we would benefit from is better stretching. Whether it's Yoga or whatever. You strengthen so much, you have to keep up with stretching. But this isn't on the training staff, it's on the players and management to make it happen.

This tale was riveting. Thanks for your contribution, Hansel.

Hulamau
10-12-2010, 12:40 PM

At Home

Really really need a win

Moreno is back

Goodman is back (?)

There are a few brightspots amongst the dark clouds, but alas Goodie is not playing... big loss as it weakens the whole secondary and means Jones has to be out there at nickle.

Maybe the JEts have a rockie mountain high let down after their nail biter against the Viqueens and Bret 'Mr Pick 6' Favre. Really need DT to be fully healthy and not too gun shy after the blast last week. Josh has to learn from that mistake of putting him on KO duties.

Lt Squid return kicks and keep or top draft pick and potential stud WR healthy and as unscarred as possible buy nuclear explosions that that 100mph sandwich job by two 250+ pound LBs on the Ravens kick coverage unit.

Seems like impossible odds ,but anything can happen. Maybe the Jets come down en mass with the Swine Flu this week? :sunshine:

worm
10-12-2010, 12:59 PM
In the immortal words of Keith Bishop. "We got these guys right where we want them!"

Jets are going downnnnnnnn!

TonyR
10-12-2010, 01:58 PM
On the bright side, this situation may keep us from going to London ever again. Pitting the milquetoast Broncos against the equally hapless 49ers as the NFL's international showcase is almost comical. It will be an epic cripple fight.

Yes, it will be so hard to meet the British standards for, and expectations of, American football...

MABroncoFan
10-12-2010, 05:10 PM
No word on any free agent signings yet. Makes me think we'll just promote a LB (Briggs, Alexander) and S (McCarthy) from the practice squad to add depth.

outdoor_miner
10-12-2010, 05:17 PM
No word on any free agent signings yet. Makes me think we'll just promote a LB (Briggs, Alexander) and S (McCarthy) from the practice squad to add depth.

Who gets cut or put on IR in your scenario?

Ramathorn
10-12-2010, 05:19 PM
where is TEBOW?!? HE HAS THE HEALING HANDS OF GOD! PUT EM TO WORK!

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Didn't they move out Stehle this afternoon?

MABroncoFan
10-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Who gets cut or put on IR in your scenario?

I don't think anyone goes on IR ... unless McBath's injury is long term. My guess would be Chris Clark and Eric Olson. How can you keep 10 o-linemen when you have depth problems at other positions, especially now that our o-line is pretty much healthy.

I haven't read anything about Stehle being called up. If he did, that might indicate we'll play more 4-3 w/ Ayers out.

Side note - Antwan Barnes signed w/ SD today.

outdoor_miner
10-12-2010, 11:15 PM
I don't think anyone goes on IR ... unless McBath's injury is long term. My guess would be Chris Clark and Eric Olson. How can you keep 10 o-linemen when you have depth problems at other positions, especially now that our o-line is pretty much healthy.

I haven't read anything about Stehle being called up. If he did, that might indicate we'll play more 4-3 w/ Ayers out.

Side note - Antwan Barnes signed w/ SD today.

Yeah - I don't understand the OL log-jam at all. Clady has been playing for 5 games now. What the heck are Batiste and Chris Clark doing still on the roster?

MABroncoFan
10-12-2010, 11:23 PM
BTW - I noticed Lindsay Jones tweeted earlier that Stehle was cut from the PS. No other roster moves mentioned yet.

Quoydogs
10-12-2010, 11:29 PM
So if you look at it with the glass being half full. This is where you find that hidden talent. That nobody player that comes out and makes a change in your game play. If you have made it in the NFL you are one of the best players that have played the game. Sometimes it take just one hit to make everything click.

I was just watching one of my SB DVD's I have and They were talking about T.D. He said he was on his way home, done with the game and then he got that one hit and he may go down as the nest RB of all time.

Just say'n

baja
10-13-2010, 07:44 AM
I love TD but, "the best running back of all time"??

Sassy
10-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Anyone find an update on DT yet?

Here's all I could find.

Denver Broncos
Date Pos Player Injury NFL Status Fantasy News
10/11/10 LB Robert Ayers Foot Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 DB Brian Dawkins Knee Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 DB Andre' Goodman Thigh Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 DB Darcel McBath Leg Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 LB Wesley Woodyard Hamstring Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/10/10 RB Spencer Larsen Ankle Missed Week 5 at Baltimore
10/10/10 RB Knowshon Moreno Hamstring Missed Week 5 at Baltimore
10/10/10 WR Demaryius Thomas Head, neck Left Week 5 at Baltimore

ColoradoBuff
10-13-2010, 08:54 AM
I wasn't too impressed with McCarthy during the pre-season......

Rohirrim
10-13-2010, 08:59 AM
Time for Da Sqwyd to shine! ;D

vancejohnson82
10-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Anyone find an update on DT yet?

Here's all I could find.

Denver Broncos
Date Pos Player Injury NFL Status Fantasy News
10/11/10 LB Robert Ayers Foot Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 DB Brian Dawkins Knee Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 DB Andre' Goodman Thigh Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 DB Darcel McBath Leg Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/11/10 LB Wesley Woodyard Hamstring Out for Week 6 vs. N.Y. Jets
10/10/10 RB Spencer Larsen Ankle Missed Week 5 at Baltimore
10/10/10 RB Knowshon Moreno Hamstring Missed Week 5 at Baltimore
10/10/10 WR Demaryius Thomas Head, neck Left Week 5 at Baltimore

oh....thats all?

Quoydogs
10-13-2010, 10:17 AM
I love TD but, "the best running back of all time"??

Those orange and blue glasses were sponsored by Coors light. Ha!

If he would not have went down there would have been no doubt. Even though he went down the argument is still on the table. Point being the same it's time to find our next T.D.