PDA

View Full Version : This is a fun team

Champagne Powder
10-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Fans have high expectations in Denver and rightfully so, but I am not too bothered by the 2-3 start.

I love watching Orton and this passing attack move the ball. It's fun and exciting. Those deep balls to Lloyd were ****ing amazing!

There is going to be a lot of criticism about Orton's numbers considering the context (2010 passing era) and the nature about the way they came about (garbage time yesterday), but you have to admit that it's not easy to move the ball in the NFL and McDaniels passing attack is doing it with relative ease and without a running game!

There is a lot of upside with a top five passing attack. Just imagine if McDaniels can sustain the passing production in 2011 and 2012 while improving needs.

Mogulseeker
10-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Orton knows a lot about balls deep. Or deep balls... whatever.

Yeah, I think the run will get going. The disparity between RB and PB on the interior line is pretty obvious. I really think a lot of it is experience.

NYBronco
10-11-2010, 03:29 PM
The "garbage time" stats Orton padded his passing game with was against a prevent defense whose whole function is geared to stop the big downfield pass play and at the time against the leagues #1 pass defense. Not to mention Denver's strength is the pass (NFL rank #1) and their weakest offensive weapon being NFL rank #32 the rushing offense.

I guess Denver should have used more of a 50 / 50 mix of pass and run when it was clear the game needed a greater sense of urgency. :rofl:

Gcver2ver3
10-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Fans have high expectations in Denver and rightfully so, but I am not too bothered by the 2-3 start.

I love watching Orton and this passing attack move the ball. It's fun and exciting. Those deep balls to Lloyd were ****ing amazing!

There is going to be a lot of criticism about Orton's numbers considering the context (2010 passing era) and the nature about the way they came about (garbage time yesterday), but you have to admit that it's not easy to move the ball in the NFL and McDaniels passing attack is doing it with relative ease and without a running game!

There is a lot of upside with a top five passing attack. Just imagine if McDaniels can sustain the passing production in 2011 and 2012 while improving needs.

i enjoy watching too...

good post...

titan
10-11-2010, 04:59 PM
The passing game is fun to watch. Who said Orton can't throw the deep ball? 3 long td's to Lloyd in the last 3 weeks and another long pass (the pass interference to Gaffney) that set up the winning td against the Titans.

I was surprised Tebow didn't make an appearance yesterday after the Broncos got the ball back with less than 2 minutes to go and down 31-10. It did allow Orton and Lloyd to pad their stats (to the joy of their fantasy owners) but that would have been a perfect time to give Tim some game experience.

ScottXray
10-11-2010, 05:08 PM
The passing game is fun to watch. Who said Orton can't throw the deep ball? 3 long td's to Lloyd in the last 3 weeks and another long pass (the pass interference to Gaffney) that set up the winning td against the Titans.

I was surprised Tebow didn't make an appearance yesterday after the Broncos got the ball back with less than 2 minutes to go and down 31-10. It did allow Orton and Lloyd to pad their stats (to the joy of their fantasy owners) but that would have been a perfect time to give Tim some game experience.

Agree, I was wondering about that too. Couldn't see why Mcd didn't put him in for the last possession and get him some reps, while getting Orton out of a bad situation. Of course the Balt d would have teed off and maybe tried to "welcome " Tebow to the NFL by knocking him out. And if they had got a TO down close to our end thye would have tried to run it up some more (point differential does count). so I think he just figured Orton wouldn't turn it over.

Maybe McD has Orton on his fantasy team?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2010, 05:50 PM
I'm more worried about our defense and its general lack of players now. Jason Hunter and Jarvis Moss are our starting OLB's.