PDA

View Full Version : Source: Moreno expected to play next week...

Popps
10-10-2010, 09:41 PM
O.K... the annual Baltimore implosion is done, and it's Jets week.

Let's start the week with some good news.

Bickering aside, I think we all can agree that any help for our running game would be very welcome.

Moreno expected to play next week. I'm hoping this means he was close enough to play this week, but they chose to hold him out to get him to 100%.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b31764/article/broncos-rb-moreno-expected-to-shake-injury-play-next-week?module=HP_headlines

The Denver Broncos don't have running back Knowshon Moreno for Sunday's game against the Baltimore Ravens, but they fully expect him to play next week, a team source said.
NFL RedZone

Watching football on Sundays will be a whole new experience with NFL Network's new channel, NFL RedZone. Find out why.

There was a sense that Moreno would play this week, but he ultimately was ruled out because of a hamstring injury that has sidelined him since Week 2. Moreno has 111 yards on 39 carries in two games this season.

The Broncos, who are averaging an NFL-worst 55 rushing yards per game this season, will host the New York Jets in Week 6.

Without Moreno in the backfield, the Broncos have struggled to run the ball. Correll Buckhalter has 49 yards on 27 carries, and Laurence Maroney, acquired in a trade with the New England Patriots, has managed just 29 yards on 23 carries in two starts for Denver.

SoCalBronco
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Good. We'll need all the help we can get.

Doggcow
10-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Thank god.

The Joker
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Good news, all the other backs are below average players and Moreno is clearly better than them all.

That said, if we can top 40 yards rushing against the Jets I'll be amazed.

They're going to crush our running game, our defense is going to have to play really well or it could be a very long day for us.

baja
10-10-2010, 10:00 PM
I figure we can lose 6 games and make the playoffs. That means we can lose 4 more games ad get in the playoffs. We'll be alright. If we are 3 and 3 after the Jets we are in good shape and at 2 & 4 we are still in the hunt. So relax all you hand wringers.

ro_50
10-10-2010, 10:02 PM
Thank god he "should" be coming back next week.

Popps
10-10-2010, 10:34 PM
I figure we can lose 6 games and make the playoffs. That means we can lose 4 more games ad get in the playoffs. We'll be alright. If we are 3 and 3 after the Jets we are in good shape and at 2 & 4 we are still in the hunt. So relax all you hand wringers.

Hey, as far as I'm concerned... the division is going to be up for grabs all season long.

We might have lost to the best team in football today. It was a junky-ass performance, but Baltimore is no joke and we always lay down there for whatever reason.

Time (and the season) marches on. There's lots to salvage out of this season, even if a playoff run isn't in the cards.

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2010, 10:42 PM
It's not going to matter who is running the ball until we fix our O-line.

OBF1
10-10-2010, 10:59 PM
"but they fully expect him to play next week, a team source said"

Since when is the light rail considered a team source???

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 11:03 PM
"but they fully expect him to play next week, a team source said"

Since when is the light rail considered a team source???

http://i52.tinypic.com/9bki7o.png

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 11:06 PM
http://i52.tinypic.com/9bki7o.png

I'm your huckleberry.

SoCalBronco
10-10-2010, 11:17 PM
Quit the rep bombing, Dimitri.

Sassy
10-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Hey, as far as I'm concerned... the division is going to be up for grabs all season long.

We might have lost to the best team in football today. It was a junky-ass performance, but Baltimore is no joke and we always lay down there for whatever reason.

Time (and the season) marches on. There's lots to salvage out of this season, even if a playoff run isn't in the cards.

Ask BMF...it's the Elway Baltimore / Colt curse...we can't beat either the Ravens or the Colts!

Bob's your Information Minister
10-10-2010, 11:38 PM
You guys just can't catch a break.