PDA

View Full Version : Any early word on the injuries to three key players?

baja
10-10-2010, 03:54 PM
We lost Mcbath, Thomas and Dawkins.

That is worse than the loss IMO.

Anyone hear anything.

theAPAOps5
10-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Nope been watching all the press on Twitter and haven't seen much.

LongDongJohnson
10-10-2010, 05:02 PM
mcbath - ankle

thomas - head/neck

dawkins - knee

pray for the best

baja
10-10-2010, 05:03 PM
McBath looked the worse. I fear season ending

Miss I.
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM
mcbath - ankle

thomas - head/neck

dawkins - knee

pray for the best

thanks for the info. definitely praying for the best.

Hulamau
10-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Thomas was said to be siting at his locker after the game with no ice pack on his neck and 'seemed' okay, but nothing official yet.. If so we dodged a bullet there.

I've been uneasy all week with Josh's decision to use DT on KO returns ... Sure it works good last week, but then Josh in one os his press conferences where I feel his sometimes a bit too revealing went on about how big and fast and hard to tackle DT was jsut inviting hte Ravens ST to take a big shot on him.

Anyway, I thought it is the height of folly to have your first round WR, specially one who according to Fouts who talked to Josh last night, was told DT was going to be THE featured WR in this game .. then why on earth wear him out and expose him to such a risk as a KO returner!???

Yes DT is big and heavier than most and yes he is fast as lightning ... all ingredients to greatly increase the odds of major injury when a much larger heavier body traveling at top speed collides with a Kamakazi ST scrub for the other team! Sure he may kill the ST tackler too .. or not as the case was today when it was a 250LB back up linebacker that explodes on DTs hip giving him a serious whiplash and knocking the ball loose.

Just was careless in my view. Hope Josh learned his lesson here!

If Dawk is out for a couple week were are in serious trouble as McBath - (Alas Mr Injury) is out for sure and we are really light at Safety.

We really missed Goodie today too as 14 points and the margin of victory came after he went out and Flacco was bombing on Cox in Goodies place all day.

We just don't have the skill level in our depth yet to survive well with too many starters out.

WolfpackGuy
10-10-2010, 06:14 PM
That was a loud pop DT took.

I didn't agree with him playing KR, then I did, now I'm back to not agreeing...

oubronco
10-10-2010, 06:15 PM
You never put your #1 pick on kick returns

cutthemdown
10-10-2010, 06:19 PM
Mcbath wouldnt start on very many teams IMO. Still a big loss because obviously if we had better behind him he wouldn't be starting.

TE and safety IMO a huge priority for Denver. MLB, DE, DT also.

cutthemdown
10-10-2010, 06:21 PM

Well some real good players have done it over the yrs. Punt returns especially. Deion Sanders comes to mind.

cutthemdown
10-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Thomas was said to be siting at his locker after the game with no ice pack on his neck and 'seemed' okay, but nothing official yet.. If so we dodged a bullet there.

I've been uneasy all week with Josh's decision to use DT on KO returns ... Sure it works good last week, but then Josh in one os his press conferences where I feel his sometimes a bit too revealing went on about how big and fast and hard to tackle DT was jsut inviting hte Ravens ST to take a big shot on him.

Anyway, I thought it is the height of folly to have your first round WR, specially one who according to Fouts who talked to Josh last night, was told DT was going to be THE featured WR in this game .. then why on earth wear him out and expose him to such a risk as a KO returner!???

Yes DT is big and heavier than most and yes he is fast as lightning ... all ingredients to greatly increase the odds of major injury when a much larger heavier body traveling at top speed collides with a Kamakazi ST scrub for the other team! Sure he may kill the ST tackler too .. or not as the case was today when it was a 250LB back up linebacker that explodes on DTs hip giving him a serious whiplash and knocking the ball loose.

Just was careless in my view. Hope Josh learned his lesson here!

If Dawk is out for a couple week were are in serious trouble as McBath - (Alas Mr Injury) is out for sure and we are really light at Safety.

We really missed Goodie today too as 14 points and the margin of victory came after he went out and Flacco was bombing on Cox in Goodies place all day.

We just don't have the skill level in our depth yet to survive well with too many starters out.

Realistically Broncos need 4-5 new starters on defense.

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 06:47 PM

and 2 or 3 on the offensive line.

Ugh~

Hercules Rockefeller
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM

They need 2, and Elvis is 1 of them, the other is a replacement for Haggan.

They need more depth in the Front 7.

SoCalBronco
10-10-2010, 06:55 PM

What about the DL? Shouldn't at least one of the DE spots (M. Thomas/McBean) get an upgrade?

WolfpackGuy
10-10-2010, 06:56 PM
The DL was totally ignored in the last two drafts with good talent available.

I'll have to see it to believe it.

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 07:00 PM

Tebow isn't doing anything maybe they should put him back there, just to get some jersey sales going again...

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 07:02 PM
What about the DL? Shouldn't at least one of the DE spots (M. Thomas/McBean) get an upgrade?

I am praying that next April we get DT/NT, DE, OG/C, DL, OL/C...then they can get a toy who will sit on the bench for a year or 2 in the later rounds.

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that this will be Dawkins last year, so that is another one.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-10-2010, 07:04 PM
I am praying that next April we get DT/NT, DE, OG/C, DL, OL/C...then they can get a toy who will sit on the bench for a year or 2 in the later rounds.

They've drafted 2 Gs and 2Cs over the past 2 drafts. They're not drafting that again this year.

Lev Vyvanse
10-10-2010, 07:05 PM

Our NT didn't look very good in this game. I had high hopes for Williams, but Iím starting to worry.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-10-2010, 07:08 PM

I dont it's such a desperate need that they have to be replaced, but they need to address the depth on the Front 7.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Our NT didn't look very good in this game. I had high hopes for Williams, but Iím starting to worry.

And he was great the first 4 games

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 07:12 PM
They've drafted 2 Gs and 2Cs over the past 2 drafts. They're not drafting that again this year.

Then they might have to fix it in FA.

Judging by the looks of things, Beadles is now 3rd string at RG - Behind world beaters like stanley daniels and rus hockstein.

that and Walton looks shaky at best.

Lev Vyvanse
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
And he was great the first 4 games

I have rewatch 3 of the other 4 games looking at just the line and I would say great is an exaggeration.

RaiderH8r
10-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Jason Sehorn agrees.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Then they might have to fix it in FA.

Judging by the looks of things, Beadles is now 3rd string at RG - Behind world beaters like stanley daniels and rus hockstein.

that and Walton looks shaky at best.

They're rookies. JFC the immediate expectations here are over the top.

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
They're rookies. JFC the immediate expectations here are over the top.

Sorry but I (and probably everyone else) expect a little more out of a high 2nd round pick than 3rd string. Especially when you consider how terrible our line is playing without him in it.

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure how you got that he was 3rd string.

Daniels got deactivated today. Zane has started this year at RG and RT I believe.

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm not sure how you got that he was 3rd string.

Daniels got deactivated today. Zane has started this year at RG and RT I believe.

Since both Daniels and hock have started over him in sucsessive weeks, well, I assumed he was behind both.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Sorry but I (and probably everyone else) expect a little more out of a high 2nd round pick than 3rd string. Especially when you consider how terrible our line is playing without him in it.

3rd string?? Our coach called him the 6th lineman no?

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 07:48 PM
Since both Daniels and hock have started over him in sucsessive weeks, well, I assumed he was behind both.

He's our 6th lineman or "jack of all trades" right now.

If any of the tackles or guards go down he'll go in for them.

WABronco
10-10-2010, 07:49 PM
There's no excuse for having the worst run blocking in the history of the game. The new arrivals can't even be classified as "poor" run blockers IMO. More like awful.

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 07:49 PM

He's our 6th lineman or "jack of all trades" right now.

If any of the tackles or guards go down he'll go in for them.

See even if this is true, with the disaster that is our current line, I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how he is not good enough to be on of the starting 5.

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 07:55 PM
See even if this is true, with the disaster that is our current line, I'm having a lot of trouble understanding how he is not good enough to be on of the starting 5.

It could be a variety of things. Hochstein might of had a better week in practice, more familiar with the system so they were more comfortable starting him. Don't forget it was a road game in Balt against arguably the most physical team in the NFL.

Decker is a much better athlete than Gaf but Gaf knows the system and game better.

Today we started a veteran so it's not that surprising.

There are a bunch of rookies across the league (every round including 1st) that get benched because of bad weeks in practice.

I dont' think Zane got benched though, moreso things that have to do with experience, road game, etc.

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 07:57 PM
There's no excuse for having the worst run blocking in the history of the game. The new arrivals can't even be classified as "poor" run blockers IMO. More like awful.

We'll see. Ryan Clady, Kuper, and Harris haven't been playing great either. Maybe they're not 100% but it's not looking great for them either. It's not just the two interior guys.

When you watch the game you see little things that the olinemen miss on running plays... and sometime you just see them overpowered.

It's better than last week but not where it needs to be.

All we can hope for is improvement.

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 08:02 PM
It could be a variety of things. Hochstein might of had a better week in practice, more familiar with the system so they were more comfortable starting him. Don't forget it was a road game in Balt against arguably the most physical team in the NFL.

Decker is a much better athlete than Gaf but Gaf knows the system and game better.

There are a bunch of rookies across the league (every round including 1st) that get benched because of bad weeks in practice.

I dont' think Zane got benched though, moreso things that have to do with experience, road game, etc.

Well I sure hope you are the rest of the optimistic fans are right, but in my experience RB's and OL's usually have the easiest transition into the NFL. He didn't look good in camp (the 2 times I was there) nor in preseason... and now he isn't even playing.

This offensive line is currentely on pace for all time futility numbers in the run game... This mess needs to get fixed.

Lev Vyvanse
10-10-2010, 08:08 PM
We'll see. Ryan Clady, Kuper, and Harris haven't been playing great either. Maybe they're not 100% but it's not looking great for them either. It's not just the two interior guys.

When you watch the game you see little things that the olinemen miss on running plays... and sometime you just see them overpowered.

It's better than last week but not where it needs to be.

All we can hope for is improvement.

The pass pro looked great today.

cutthemdown
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Jason Sehorn agrees.

Hmm Eric Metcalf was a number 1 pick. Upchurch a 4th but considerably talented as a WR. Desmond Howard was a first round pick who returned a lot. George Mcafee is in HOF, was a first round pick, and excelled at returning. Darrian Gorden was a first round pick and he returned kicks.

In other words where you are drafted has no bearing at all on whether you can make it as, or should be, a returner.

Myth debunked.

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 08:22 PM
The pass pro looked great today.

Yeah, I was mainly suggesting about the run game. Clady got beat a couple times where Orton had to step up though, but the interior pass pro in general was strong for playing the Ravens.

cutthemdown
10-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Probably just like we figured Clady won't be fully back until late in yr, or not at all. For sure next yr we will hear how he was hurt all yr and thats why he wasn't very good. Same with Harris, same with Kuper. It's really tough to start yr out banged up and expect it to turn out well. Especially factoring in all the young unproven guys on the interior oline.

Not a surprise although I don't think anyone though it could be this bad.

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 08:29 PM
Well I sure hope you are the rest of the optimistic fans are right, but in my experience RB's and OL's usually have the easiest transition into the NFL. He didn't look good in camp (the 2 times I was there) nor in preseason... and now he isn't even playing.

This offensive line is currentely on pace for all time futility numbers in the run game... This mess needs to get fixed.

No one is overly optimistic about Beadles, he is what he is right now. Kuper took a year+ on the bench before he broke out.

Interior olineman is usually an easier transition to the NFL, whereas tackles are a bit tougher.

Beadles was a LT coming out of college drafted to compete at LG. So there's a bit of a learning curve there to begin.

He did start out camp/pre-season struggling but he really picked it up as the pre-season wore on and got experience under his belt. He was getting moved around everywhere too.

Right now it's the whole oline not in sync in the run game not just whoever is playing LG.

Lev Vyvanse
10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I was mainly suggesting about the run game. Clady got beat a couple times where Orton had to step up though, but the interior pass pro in general was strong for playing the Ravens.

Hard to judge the run blocking.

~Crash~
10-10-2010, 09:37 PM
The DL was totally ignored in the last two drafts with good talent available.

I'll have to see it to believe it.Last year DT class may go down as the best Ever.

~Crash~
10-10-2010, 09:39 PM

well then why was he not playing today ?:sunshine:

~Crash~
10-10-2010, 09:44 PM

Hochstein should just be cut . he ****ing sucks ! I would rather go with Zane he should get better .
Hochstein will never get better when Hochstein got put in last year he pretty much starrted the downward spiral of our ruuing game and we have never got it back .

ZONA
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Jason Sehorn agrees.

Now there's a name nobody's heard in awhile

RaiderH8r
10-10-2010, 10:18 PM
Hmm Eric Metcalf was a number 1 pick. Upchurch a 4th but considerably talented as a WR. Desmond Howard was a first round pick who returned a lot. George Mcafee is in HOF, was a first round pick, and excelled at returning. Darrian Gorden was a first round pick and he returned kicks.

In other words where you are drafted has no bearing at all on whether you can make it as, or should be, a returner.

Myth debunked.

I was working more along the lines of a guy who goes out as a returner and get's f'd up...maybe blows out a knee and his career never recovers. That sort of thing. Also, kind of poking a little fun there chief. So untwist the knickers a knot or two and let's all lighten up. We still have a chance to go into the bye at 4-4 or 5-3 and making a legit run at the AFCW crown. The backside of our schedule matches up nicely for us.