PDA

View Full Version : Alphonso Smith beasting

bronco0608
10-10-2010, 01:14 PM
****ing alphonso smith...

An int for a td and fumble recovery today.

Why Josh, why?

DivineBronco
10-10-2010, 01:15 PM

Why Josh, why?
did you watch him play here.............he ****ing gave up.....he couldn't handle the pressure

Broncoman13
10-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Alphonso Smith is tearing it up!!!

He has more Ints than our team combined, no?

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 01:17 PM
http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/serious_shat.jpg

WABronco
OOPSSSSSSSSSs

broncosteven
But we all love Cox!

That does not sound right...

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Cox is the new Roc.

LongDongJohnson
10-10-2010, 01:20 PM
3 games in a row with an interception.

good to see smith making plays. he was an interception machine in college. to bad he couldnt do jack with us.

lostknight
10-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Smith was a disaster here - how much of that was Smith, and how much of that was the coaches failing to understand how to develop him - is unknown.

DivineBronco
10-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Smith was a disaster here - how much of that was Smith, and how much of that was the coaches failing to understand how to develop him - is unknown.

i bet you have a guess though
HA

UberBroncoMan
10-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Meanwhile Kow has sucked it up and let a 1st down pass drop through his hands.

We keep Jarvis Moss who has sucked it up for ages, and give up on a CB 1st round pick after 1 year.

Hillis got another TD today too.

WABronco
10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Not that I really care, but expending that much on a guy, then cutting him the next year for a guy who's career upside is that of a special teamer....then said guy goes on to be productive elsewhere.

Whole bunch of stupid right there.

gtown
10-10-2010, 01:22 PM
Gave up on this guy too early. Maybe McD read too many posts on the Omane calling Smith a bust.

montrose
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
****ing monster, great trade by McD to get get him. Stupid move to deal him.

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
because smith even admitted himself he got a perception around here and did nothing to shake it. he did not beat out the guys that were here on this team during training camp, so he was right to get rid of him whe n the guy showed no reason he should stay.

Broncos4tw
10-10-2010, 01:28 PM
He actually had a great camp. He looked improved. He said he intended to play his heart out this year. But no... let's just cut him, and regret it later. McD is cut-happy, you are a homer if you think otherwise.

SoCalBronco
10-10-2010, 01:28 PM
because smith even admitted himself he got a perception around here and did nothing to shake it. he did not beat out the guys that were here on this team during training camp, so he was right to get rid of him whe n the guy showed no reason he should stay.

One year is NEVER enough to judge a player...especially when you've given up so much for him and especially when you've claimed you've seen enough that he's definitely worth moving up for just a year earlier.

lostknight
10-10-2010, 01:29 PM
i bet you have a guess though
HA

Nope actually. Remember Hixon?

Hillis, on the other hand, it's pretty easy to understand.

TheReverend
10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Hmmm... maybe our coaches weren't putting him in a position to make a play?

I know one of his picks was off a tip that fell into his lap, and I haven't watch the Det game yet, so I have no context on his most recent performance. Regardless, taking advantage of opportunities is taking advantage of opportunities.

Good for the contact shy midget!

lostknight
10-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Gave up on this guy too early. Maybe McD read too many posts on the Omane calling Smith a bust.

If you think McDaniels listens to anyone except that little voice in his head, you haven't been watching this team very long.

Requiem
10-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Is Smith playing on the outside for the Lions or in a nickel role?

I don't think he was ever comfortable with making that transition in the pros. He always did great outside at Wake.

oubronco
10-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Shytcanned Smith and others but kept Jones and Moss

Dedhed
Alphonso Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Champ

Right 'Tards?

UberBroncoMan
Is Smith playing on the outside for the Lions or in a nickel role?

I don't think he was ever comfortable with making that transition in the pros. He always did great outside at Wake.

I believe he's their starting outside RCB.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
So, according to the thread title, Alphonso Smith is ****ing animals?

NASurfer
10-10-2010, 01:34 PM
One year is NEVER enough to judge a player...especially when you've given up so much for him and especially when you've claimed you've seen enough that he's definitely worth moving up for just a year earlier.
This. I've backed McDaniels before but this is pretty damn inexcusable and he better exercise constraint the next time he thinks about giving up a future first.

WABronco
10-10-2010, 01:35 PM
It was a complete gimme of an interception. He was lined up over the slot receiver, though. Looked like loose zone defense.

Requiem
10-10-2010, 01:36 PM

I agree, SoCal.

This was my biggest problem with McDaniels so far. I wouldn't have given up on Smith that early. I think getting him was a great idea because he is that talent of a player (he is showing that now) -- but giving him up for so little and so early just seemed ridiculous.

It will probably even seem more ridiculous when we use a high pick on a defensive back who probably won't even be the caliber of player Smith was to address an issue that wouldn't be necessary if we had let things ride out.

(Though one could argue, we could still use another DB anyways.)

Broncos_OTM
10-10-2010, 01:48 PM
I agree, SoCal.

This was my biggest problem with McDaniels so far. I wouldn't have given up on Smith that early. I think getting him was a great idea because he is that talent of a player (he is showing that now) -- but giving him up for so little and so early just seemed ridiculous.

It will probably even seem more ridiculous when we use a high pick on a defensive back who probably won't even be the caliber of player Smith was to address an issue that wouldn't be necessary if we had let things ride out.

(Though one could argue, we could still use another DB anyways.)

I dont think our Rookie DB are bad at all. We just expect them to cover to long. Coverage breaks down i put alot of blame on our pass rush. Unfortunetly the guy just needed a fresh start.He was in over his head here. after he figured out what was expected of him and had that fresh start he fully took advantage of it. In his case he wasnt gonna preform for us. but thats just my perspective.

Mr.Meanie
10-10-2010, 01:55 PM
****ing monster, great trade by McD to get get him. Stupid move to deal him.

This. Worst move of this FO period, and it isnt' even close.

I think McD has had some strokes of genius (Cutler trade, Marshall trade, 2010 draft), but how do you give up on a 2nd round pick you moved up in the draft for after 1 year??? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 02:02 PM
he gave up becasue smith was not part of the best 53. go read smith's post trade comments. he KNEW he was outplayed by the other corners here. hes showing up in detroit, good for him, i hope he worked here, but he didnt. and you cant cut guys who clearly outplayed him because of his draft round.

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 02:18 PM
he gave up becasue smith was not part of the best 53. go read smith's post trade comments. he KNEW he was outplayed by the other corners here. hes showing up in detroit, good for him, i hope he worked here, but he didnt. and you cant cut guys who clearly outplayed him because of his draft round.

Then why is moss still here?

Broncos_OTM
10-10-2010, 02:21 PM

Moss was tearing it up in camp. He looked as though he turned the corner. He knew the Defense. And there wasnt alot on the open market that could have out played moss. Moss is however edxtremely mentally weak. Something i think him and smith share i feel.

misturanderson
10-10-2010, 02:21 PM

Because we have zero depth at OLB with Doom out. He was kept out of necessity. Was that a serious question?

baja
10-10-2010, 02:29 PM

Unless you assess he is unwilling to do the work it takes to develop your natural skill which was the case with Smith here.

baja
10-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Alphonso Smith>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Champ

Right 'Tards?

What's funny is the guys that were crapping on Josh for drafting him are the same guys now crapping on McD for trading him.

BroncoInferno
10-10-2010, 02:37 PM

Why Josh, why?

Yep. It was a huge mistake throwing the towel on him after one season, especially after the investment made in him.

kamakazi_kal
10-10-2010, 03:02 PM
I guess smith and hillis needed a change of scenery.....or mcd is just trigger happy with his trades.

Rabb
10-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I love the Mane. When Fonz was here, it was the worst trade of McD's time here and worst draft move/pick by him. That was actually one of a lot of people's big hot button with our new coach and then he was applauded for "recognizing his mistake" and trading him.

Now, we should have kept him.

It seriously is awesome...don't ever change.

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
I guess smith and hillis needed a change of scenery.....or mcd is just trigger happy with his trades.

Nah, just a really bad coaching staff. How do you give up two players that are productive elsewhere but can't get them on the field here?

BroncoInferno
10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
I love the Mane. When Fonz was here, it was the worst trade of McD's time here and worst draft move/pick by him. That was actually one of a lot of people's big hot button with our new coach and then he was applauded for "recognizing his mistake" and trading him.

You right to an extent, but there were folks like myself and SoCal who thought we should have given him more of a chance all along. And I'm I'm a McD supporter, so don't try to paint me as a hater. Just trying to keep it real.

BroncoInferno
10-10-2010, 03:11 PM
Nah, just a really bad coaching staff. How do you give up two players that are productive elsewhere but can't get them on the field here?

Hillis is productive because of the arcane offense Cleveland is running. He can't produce in a complex offense. But Smith was a mistake, I agree.

kamakazi_kal
10-10-2010, 03:12 PM
wasted 1st rounder ..... say we should have given the guy more then one season. same with schef, same with hillis

BroncoInferno
10-10-2010, 03:15 PM
wasted 1st rounder ..... say we should have given the guy more then one season. same with schef, same with hillis

No, not the same. Hillis you have to dumb down the offense for (not an opinion...a FACT for anyone who knows what they are looking at when they watch football) and Tony was wildly inconsistent even under Shanny. I agree about Smith. Even if he doesn't continue this pace, you have to give 1st and 2nd round investments more than one season to prove themselves.

oubronco
10-10-2010, 03:18 PM

So true :~ohyah!:

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 03:19 PM
Hillis is productive because of the arcane offense Cleveland is running. He can't produce in a complex offense. But Smith was a mistake, I agree.

I thought the mark of a good coaching staff was the ability to get the most production out of your players. If you are incapable of finding a use for talented players then you fail as a coaching staff. What is the point of getting high round talent if you can't manage them properly and get the most out of them? We have seen more than once this staff give up on players that could have helped this team and get little in return.

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 03:22 PM
I thought the mark of a good coaching staff was the ability to get the most production out of your players. If you are incapable of finding a use for talented players then you fail as a coaching staff. What is the point of getting high round talent if you can't manage them properly and get the most out of them? We have seen more than once this staff give up on players that could have helped this team and get little in return.

I agree,

BTW anyone notice the guy we got for Phonz3 dropped 2 passes on 3rd down?

Cito Pelon
10-10-2010, 03:23 PM

The guy never stepped up when he was here in Denver. Seemed to me he was intimidated by the pressure, said so himself.

Broncos_OTM
10-10-2010, 03:28 PM
You right to an extent, but there were folks like myself and SoCal who thought we should have given him more of a chance all along. And I'm I'm a McD supporter, so don't try to paint me as a hater. Just trying to keep it real.

Dude he had his chances. He played alot in pre seasodn he never played much in the regular season cause he couldn't practice better and showed the staff he couldn't do it. Bro I am sorry bit you don't know what the hell you are talking about...we have some good rookie CBS here. We just have no pass rush to help them

Smith had a deafestest attitude here and NOTHING. Was gonna change it. For Pete sakes be said this himself. He needed a chan8ge of scenery.

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Dude he had his chances. He played alot in pre seasodn he never played much in the regular season cause he couldn't practice better and showed the staff he couldn't do it. Bro I am sorry bit you don't know what the hell you are talking about...we have some good rookie CBS here. We just have no pass rush to help them

Smith had a deafestest attitude here and NOTHING. Was gonna change it. For Pete sakes be said this himself. He needed a chan8ge of scenery.

cant really put it much better. smith said it himself, and you could tell by what he said he basically knew he messed up here.

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 03:38 PM
cant really put it much better. smith said it himself, and you could tell by what he said he basically knew he messed up here.

As much as it sucks, he blew his chances here. Sad to see him tear it up somewhere else. This team could have used talent like that.

Taco John
10-10-2010, 03:47 PM
I didn't like the trade to get him. I didn't think he looked like more than a struggling nickleback when he was here. I was befuddled when Josh traded him so quickly after expending so much resources to get him, and speaking so highly of his potential.

I think Josh is a natural when it comes to being a head coach. I'm not convinced that he knows how to build a team.

Dagmar
10-10-2010, 03:53 PM
I didn't like the trade to get him. I didn't think he looked like more than a struggling nickleback when he was here. I was befuddled when Josh traded him so quickly after expending so much resources to get him, and speaking so highly of his potential.

I think Josh is a natural when it comes to being a head coach. I'm not convinced that he knows how to build a team.

Soooooooo.... Have you picked a micro brew you fancy yet?

*seethes*

SoCalBronco
10-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Unless you assess he is unwilling to do the work it takes to develop your natural skill which was the case with Smith here.

Even that assessment can't be made this fast. It's an assessment that if it was made, was either a) made based in ignorance, since he's obviously doing enough work to get MULTIPLE interceptions in Detroit, or b) an assessment that was made based on an insufficient sample size (i.e. 1 year and 1 summer...wasn't Trevor being ragged on repeatedly after one year?)

Either way, its dumb. Now, they are human beings and they will make mistakes just like anyone...but this wasn't a decision that turned out to be wrong over time...they didn't give it enough time. I'm willing to give them a break if they wait for 3 years and then say it doesn't work, because at least you tried to remedy it over time..... but don't come back after 1 year and say it isn't working. That's not a mistake I can accept, it smacks of instant gratification and laziness.

UberBroncoMan
10-10-2010, 04:18 PM

This sounds familiar...

Kaylore
10-10-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm of the mind that had 'Phonso not been cut he would have continued to coast and not realized how crappy he was playing. I think being traded sent a wake up call to him that he needs to give max effort. It's unfortunate, but that's how things are.

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 04:53 PM
I'm of the mind that had 'Phonso not been cut he would have continued to coast and not realized how crappy he was playing. I think being traded sent a wake up call to him that he needs to give max effort. It's unfortunate, but that's how things are.

I have to agree, he felt as though he was safe given the position he was drafted. It's a shame it took a trade to wake him up and realize that performance was the ultimate measuring stick.

Rascal
10-10-2010, 05:01 PM
I have to agree

Of course you do, that way you don't have to blame McDaniels.

Rabb
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM

hey, I wasn't addressing anyone here specifically so if you took it as me addressing you, that's something you thought of not me

I am just saying, it seems to fit about half the Mane I would guess and I am basing that off how torn the site was on that issue

Cito Pelon
10-10-2010, 05:04 PM

He's a tad mercurial.

broncosteven
10-10-2010, 05:55 PM

I just hope this is the last guy we have to ship out because of dog house/motivation/punting balls in practice/etc...

I hope these guys can buy into the mantra and turn it around because losing sucks.

TheReverend
10-10-2010, 06:54 PM

Uh what?

I can't even figure out what word you might've meant. Possibly "archaic"? ...but I'm not sure how well that applies either...

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 06:57 PM
This is a disaster that just won't stop.

My favorite part was when Dion Sanders last week said he expects this kid to be a star.

I usually can't stand DS but he does seem to be able to recognize CB talent.

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 06:59 PM
This is a disaster that just won't stop.

My favorite part was when Dion Sanders last week said he expects this kid to be a star.

I usually can't stand DS but he does seem to be able to recognize CB talent.

its possible he will. i dont think he would ever amount to anything in denver however. he was beat out in camp by multiple rookies, and perrish made him expendable. wonder what was going on with him or in his head that made him turn out how he did in denver. every report besides montrose' said he was lazy and a slouch compared to others.

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Smith wasn't going to do anything here, his confidence was gone, spirit, energy, everything that involved anything but his athletic ability.

He said that he already had a bad image here to the coaching staff, so it is what it is. Nothing we could have done.

I'm sure having all the fans and Denver media eating you alive didn't help either. This type of stuff truly does affect some people, but a lot of fans think that, oh they get paid millions they deserve what they get, they should deal with it etc.

Well, while that's probably true.. however I think it's clear theres a difference now that he's in a new place new start with a lot of support.

Some people need support to play well, and some people can play well inorder to prove the doubters wrong.

Clearly Smith is the latter.

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
its possible he will. i dont think he would ever amount to anything in denver however. he was beat out in camp by multiple rookies, and perrish made him expendable. wonder what was going on with him or in his head that made him turn out how he did in denver. every report besides montrose' said he was lazy and a slouch compared to others.
I'm good with everything perrish cox... so far.

We got him with the Scheffler pick wich made that trade palatable. He also supplanted a number of rookies and vets to earn his starting time. Yes he had a couple of rough plays today but he looks like a player with a bright future.

Unfortunately that doesn't take away from the risky pick followed by the quick hook Smith got just a season later. I know a lot of people have convinced themselves that he would not have made it here. But we don't know that. The coach gave up a lot for him, then gave up on him after one year, then "the player" goes on to make play after play just weeks after he was cut.

That looks bad no matter how you slice it.

go_broncos
10-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Smith is not intelligent enough to learn Mcd's complex system.
We got various proofs in the internet and videos to prove it.

Signed
Mcd lovers

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 07:14 PM
This. Worst move of this FO period, and it isnt' even close.

I think McD has had some strokes of genius (Cutler trade, Marshall trade, 2010 draft), but how do you give up on a 2nd round pick you moved up in the draft for after 1 year??? Stupid, stupid, stupid!

Strokes of genius? WTF? How can someone watch the Broncos week in and week out and think those are strokes of genius?
1. Cutler is a young QB that McD-bag tries to trade for a loser in Cassel...Cutler might have been a crybaby, but at least he was a talented crybaby! If you think he sucked....compare his stats with Elway in their first two years...McD-bag would have traded Elway too!
2. How is it good to get rid of Marshall? Oh...probably because once again McD-bag has reduced this team to a talentless group of losers who will follow him straight to Jonestown! Drink the Patriots West Kool-Aid! Go out and get losers like Gaffney, Phoney Maroney etc and let go of talent like Marshall, Cutler, Hillis and Sheffler. It would have been nice (even if you have to DUMB down the offense for Hillis) to have him to run all the 3 and 4th and 1 and goalline opportunities we have had under McD-bag over the past 21 games! And I think you can do just fine with Hillis in any offense if you watch any football....Shanny's offense wasn't exactly arcane....Hillis seemed to do just fine!
3. The 2010 draft is a stroke of genius too? We had two first round draft picks...one has hardly made an impact at WR and the other isn't even really active as he is the emergency QB! How do you trade up for a guy in the first round that isn't even the back up.....especially when the backup is another loser from the 1st round who can't get a glimpse of the field! There are teams that have players they got in the draft after these guys that are making impacts with their teams.
Bottom line....McD-bag has no right to be a head coach in the NFL. Week in and week out he makes poor decisions and has little creativity in the offense. Maybe it was because I was so used to a Shanny directed offense that always kept defenses guessing, but when your team consistantly can't make 1 yard for a first or the endzone, there is little in the way of "genius!"
Thanks to McD-bag and his staff, the Broncos have been put light years behind and going in the wrong direction! Would we have been happy if Shanny was 2-3 with the Jets coming to Denver in week 6? The sooner Pat Bowlen realizes this and fires McD-bag and the rest of his Patriots West staff, the better off the Broncos will be.

tsiguy96
10-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Strokes of genius? WTF? How can someone watch the Broncos week in and week out and think those are strokes of genius?
1. Cutler is a young QB that McD-bag tries to trade for a loser in Cassel...Cutler might have been a crybaby, but at least he was a talented crybaby! If you think he sucked....compare his stats with Elway in their first two years...McD-bag would have traded Elway too!
2. How is it good to get rid of Marshall? Oh...probably because once again McD-bag has reduced this team to a talentless group of losers who will follow him straight to Jonestown! Drink the Patriots West Kool-Aid! Go out and get losers like Gaffney, Phoney Maroney etc and let go of talent like Marshall, Cutler, Hillis and Sheffler. It would have been nice (even if you have to DUMB down the offense for Hillis) to have him to run all the 3 and 4th and 1 and goalline opportunities we have had under McD-bag over the past 21 games! And I think you can do just fine with Hillis in any offense if you watch any football....Shanny's offense wasn't exactly arcane....Hillis seemed to do just fine!
3. The 2010 draft is a stroke of genius too? We had two first round draft picks...one has hardly made an impact at WR and the other isn't even really active as he is the emergency QB! How do you trade up for a guy in the first round that isn't even the back up.....especially when the backup is another loser from the 1st round who can't get a glimpse of the field! There are teams that have players they got in the draft after these guys that are making impacts with their teams.
Bottom line....McD-bag has no right to be a head coach in the NFL. Week in and week out he makes poor decisions and has little creativity in the offense. Maybe it was because I was so used to a Shanny directed offense that always kept defenses guessing, but when your team consistantly can't make 1 yard for a first or the endzone, there is little in the way of "genius!"
Thanks to McD-bag and his staff, the Broncos have been put light years behind and going in the wrong direction! Would we have been happy if Shanny was 2-3 with the Jets coming to Denver in week 6? The sooner Pat Bowlen realizes this and fires McD-bag and the rest of his Patriots West staff, the better off the Broncos will be.

ahahahahaahah

Punisher
10-10-2010, 07:17 PM
Champ leaving next year.... i think he should of kept the kid since he went all out for him from the get go.

TotallyScrewed
10-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Uh what?

I can't even figure out what word you might've meant. Possibly "archaic"? ...but I'm not sure how well that applies either...

ar·cane
   /ɑrˈkeɪn/ Show Spelled[ahr-keyn] Show IPA
–adjective
known or understood by very few; mysterious; secret; obscure; esoteric: She knew a lot about sanskrit grammar and other arcane matters.

You know, deep inside (Search your feelings, Luke)...The Browns practice secret, dark rituals, those that make Hillis a beast. But they will pay for this...

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 07:24 PM

It took you 6 years to make your first post on these forums and this is it?

Maybe you should've waited 6 more...

Jesus H...

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I was meeting up with guys on this forum before you were even a member. A buddy and I used it as a way to hook up with people at away games.
Sorry I didn't mean to upset you and your man crush on McDaniels! I should have thought twice I guess as his record as head coach of 10-11 is now leaning toward Wade Phillips territory...don't kick people when they are down...sorry

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
I was meeting up with guys on this forum before you were even a member. A buddy and I used it as a way to hook up with people at away games.
Sorry I didn't mean to upset you and your man crush on McDaniels! I should have thought twice I guess as his record as head coach of 10-11 is now leaning toward Wade Phillips territory...don't kick people when they are down...sorry

Not that Wade Phillips is a good coach..

But he's 34-16 (.673) as a Cowboys head coach and 82-55 (.596) for his career...which is just .001 worst than Shanny.

You're comparison (and posts) truly suck.

Go back to lurking.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/Lurk.gif

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Tell me some thing about my posts that is untrue? I simply used Wade Phillips as a comparison...more specifically his time in Denver. Sorry I don't have the time to post 4,145 times...don't sit on my computer enough I guess!

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 07:43 PM
Tell me some thing about my posts that is untrue? I simply used Wade Phillips as a comparison...more specifically his time in Denver. Sorry I don't have the time to post 4,145 times...don't sit on my computer enough I guess!

Bottom line....McD-bag has no right to be a head coach in the NFL. Week in and week out he makes poor decisions and has little creativity in the offense.

You hit the nail on the head on that one buddy.
LOL

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 07:50 PM
Why do I care about that, and what possible relevance could it have on this discussion? I simply pointed out that you have finally made your first post after being a member here for 6 years, and boy what a doozie it was!
I hardly have a man-crush on McDaniels. I like some things he does, dislike others. The jury is still out on him in my mind. But I find it awfully funny how contradictory your arguments are towards each other. From your first post (ever):

So you're saying that Elway should not have been judged too quickly for his sub-par first two seasons as a QB in the league. Tell me then, how many seasons has McDaniels been a head coach? Oh, less than one and a half? Hmm...seems like you're judging him far too early on in his career just like you said that people should not do to Elway.

Go ahead, admit it...you're completely blinded by your hatred towards McDaniels and that hatred is preventing you from adding anything worthwhile to this discussion. Just go ahead and slowly back away from the keyboard...go back to lurking and using this forum solely as a way to "hook up with people at away games." Your thoughts are a useless waste of bandwidth.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 08:13 PM
McDaniels took over a team that was on the way up....they had been moving towards becoming a playoff team. Since he has taken over, the Broncos have gone the other way.
So are you saying we are heading in the right direction? Has he used the draft to improve the team? How can Denver consistently not convert short yardage situations on a regular basis? What kinds of positive things can be said about McDaniels except that his record is below .500?
I'm willing to listen, just want to hear an argument against it. So far you haven't given me an argument, just digs on me about not posting much.

The MVPlaya
10-10-2010, 08:31 PM
McDaniels took over a team that was on the way up....they had been moving towards becoming a playoff team. Since he has taken over, the Broncos have gone the other way.
So are you saying we are heading in the right direction? Has he used the draft to improve the team? How can Denver consistently not convert short yardage situations on a regular basis? What kinds of positive things can be said about McDaniels except that his record is below .500?
I'm willing to listen, just want to hear an argument against it. So far you haven't given me an argument, just digs on me about not posting much.

All those questions can be easily answered on your own if you weren't jaded. Your arguments outdated.

But to be honest, you're clearly retarded. So just take a bite out of this and then have nice cup of STFU.

You said we were on the way up.

32 players that was on our roster from 2008 are no longer in the NFL. Now that Winborn got cut, you can add 1 to that number.

So for a 1st year HC to come take over a new team with a roster of players in which 60% of players cannot find a job elsewhere in the NFL, it's not exactly an overnight fix. That's bottom of the barrel "talent." That's 31 other coaches saying to those players than you are not good enough to play on our team. To be where we are at is quite surprising to be honest, it's just we have a spoiled fan base (for whatever reason, we haven't really been much this past decade).

Let's take the past 2 coaches of the NFC championships last year.

Sean Payton went 10-6 his 1st season and lost to the Bears in the nfc champ game. Then he went on to go 7-9 and 8-8 missing the playoff both years before he won the Super Bowl. Today they lost to the Cardinals with a starting undrafted rookie QB.

Brad Childress went 6-10 then 8-8 in Minnesota before making the playoffs as a WC. Vikings are now 1-3.

The moral of the story is that it's far from meltdown mode and it's clear that Josh McDaniels has talent.

We drafted Tim Tebow and Josh McDaniels is most likely the only coach in the league that can get the fullest out of him. He's not going anywhere this year or next so get used to it.

So go back lurking and I don't expect to hear or see from you when the Broncos hit stride, unless it's an away game where you mingle with other members. Hilarious!

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 08:35 PM
OMFG...you're basically asking us to explain things that have been discussed on these forums ad nauseam for months/years. Maybe if you posted more, you would know some of the answers to your own questions (ooh, another dig at your post count). ;)

Short yardage/red zone problems? Yeah, that's been a problem since Shanahan was the coach (near the end of his tenure). The past few years have been very frustrating in those areas. And while McDaniels hasn't excelled there, those problems certainly didn't just pop up as soon as he became the HC. At the end of the Shanahan era, Denver had just as many issues with short yardage/red zone as McDaniels has been having.

Here's another "BroncoBacker gem":

Really? We were on the way up and moving towards becoming a playoff team? You tell me...what determines whether or not you make the playoffs? Never mind...I'll tell you (since you're the one looking for answers). Wins and losses, that's what.

2006 (Shanahan): 9-7
2007 (Shanahan): 7-9
2008 (Shanahan): 8-8
2009 (McDaniels): 8-8

Wow...McDaniels totally tore apart the tremendous progress Denver was making towards becoming a playoff team while Shanahan was here! LOL

But seriously...just stop posting. For all of our sakes.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 08:46 PM
The Broncos are definitely on the way up! 2-3 with the Jets coming to town! Things are definitely looking up...what a joke! The Broncos are a talentless disaster!
What aspects of the team look better under McDaniels? The short yardage situation was never this bad under Shanny! Secondly, he was working with a young QB....not a second rate starter like Orton. Orton is not the solution unless we have a great defense to work with. Then he could be ok by managing the game and keeping the Broncos in the game.
I'm sure you have a great explaination as to all the crappy moves McDaniels has made since being the HC. I hate watching football every week and seeing Bronco "cast offs" making big plays every week...Hillis, Marshall etc. McDaniels really came together last year after a lucky 6-0 start by pulling the team together and going 2-8 down the stretch! Long live McD-bag!!

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Really? We were on the way up and moving towards becoming a playoff team? You tell me...what determines whether or not you make the playoffs? Never mind...I'll tell you (since you're the one looking for answers). Wins and losses, that's what.
2006 (Shanahan): 9-7
2007 (Shanahan): 7-9
2008 (Shanahan): 8-8
2009 (McDaniels): 8-8

Wow...McDaniels totally tore apart the tremendous progress Denver was making towards becoming a playoff team while Shanahan was here! LOL

But seriously...just stop posting. For all of our sakes.

In that case, for the sake of argument.

What if McD goes 6-10? (something that is loking more and more possible)

I agree this is a W's and L's league, and right now our coach has a losing record. Add to that he is trending significantly downward since an amazing 6-0 start.

JMO, but i think the noose might be a little tighter than some of the fans realize.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 08:58 PM
Professor...I definitely agree. The talent on the team doesn't provide for a bright future. The defense is trending down, while the offense is putting up huge numbers, but with poor results because they are always behind.
McDaniels is 4-11 since the 6-0 start and it could be worse as the win in last years opening game against the Browns was a huge gaffe! Other games could have gone the other way as well.

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Secondly, he was working with a young QB....not a second rate starter like Orton. Orton is not the solution unless we have a great defense to work with. Then he could be ok by managing the game and keeping the Broncos in the game.
I simply cannot have a football discussion with you. Criticizing Orton and the passing game when that is probably the brightest spot on the team so far this year. Wow. You truly are blind with hate.

Seriously...I can't do it. I'm done going back and forth with you. This is pointless.

< sigh > :pity:

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:07 PM
What has the passing game got us? You need to have a more balanced attack in order to win in the NFL. Look at the numbers, QB's that pass for huge numbers don't win games. Great....Orton is passing for a ton of yards, what has that gotten us? Oh yeah....2-3!

Read up on an unbalanced attack...http://articles.latimes.com/2010/oct/02/sports/la-sp-farmer-nfl-20101003

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 09:09 PM
In that case, for the sake of argument.

What if McD goes 6-10? (something that is loking more and more possible)

I agree this is a W's and L's league, and right now our coach has a losing record. Add to that he is trending significantly downward since an amazing 6-0 start.

JMO, but i think the noose might be a little tighter than some of the fans realize.

You think 6-10 is looking more and more possible?

Remaining schedule (plausible outcome):

vs. NYJ (L)
vs. OAK (L)
@ SF (London) (W)
vs. KC (W)
@ SD (L)
vs. STL (W)
@ KC (L)
@ ARI (W)
@ OAK (W)
vs. HOU (L)
vs. SD (W)

I gave us a split with the AFC West. Gave us a loss against the teams that are at least mediocre so far this year (although I think we could beat the Jets and Houston). So with this very conservative prediction, even deeming the "close" games a loss, we still finish at 8-8.

No, I'm not saying that 8-8 is awesome or anything. But I think it's absurd to say that 6-10 is looking possible with the schedule we have remaining this season.

The noose may be tighter than some fans realize, but (and call me crazy), I'm willing to give a brand new head coach more than 1 or 2 seasons to prove himself while he is in the middle of completely rebuilding the team into his vision. Give it 3 years minimum.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Sorry if I am bringing up valid points....I didn't mean to show you that what they are doing over the last 15 games sucks and the team is 4-11.
While Orton's numbers may be a "bright spot," it in no way means that the team is on the way up! I'm sure you still think the Broncos will still be 10-6 and a Super Bowl contender with our "bright spot!"

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:16 PM

vs. NYJ (L)
vs. OAK (L)
@ SF (London) (W)
vs. KC (W)
@ SD (L)
vs. STL (W)
@ KC (L)
@ ARI (W)
@ OAK (W)
vs. HOU (L)
vs. SD (W)

I gave us a split with the AFC West. Gave us a loss against the teams that are at least mediocre so far this year (although I think we could beat the Jets and Houston). So with this very conservative prediction, even deeming the "close" games a loss, we still finish at 8-8.

No, I'm not saying that 8-8 is awesome or anything. But I think it's absurd to say that 6-10 is looking possible with the schedule we have remaining this season.

The noose may be tighter than some fans realize, but (and call me crazy), I'm willing to give a brand new head coach more than 1 or 2 seasons to prove himself while he is in the middle of completely rebuilding the team into his vision. Give it 3 years minimum.

While I agree that we could go 8-8, I don't think it is going to happen. You gave wins against the Chargers, Houston and Arizona. Arizona just beat the Super Bowl champs today and Houston can put up numbers as they already beat the Colts.
Our schedule is probably the easiest in the league from this point forward, so if they can't go 8-8, that is going to be sad! It doesn't get much easier than this schedule in the NFL. While I hope they do go 8-8, I don't think it is going to happen.....I will be wearing my Orange next week and hoping for a Bronco victory!!!

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:18 PM
You also have to look at the wear and tear a trip to London is going to have on the team down the stretch. That has proven to be a problem with teams that have travelled over there in the past for the following week to 2 weeks...even given the bye week after.

baja
10-10-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm good with everything perrish cox... so far.

We got him with the Scheffler pick wich made that trade palatable. He also supplanted a number of rookies and vets to earn his starting time. Yes he had a couple of rough plays today but he looks like a player with a bright future.

Unfortunately that doesn't take away from the risky pick followed by the quick hook Smith got just a season later. I know a lot of people have convinced themselves that he would not have made it here. But we don't know that. The coach gave up a lot for him, then gave up on him after one year, then "the player" goes on to make play after play just weeks after he was cut.

That looks bad no matter how you slice it.

"It takes two years to evaluate rookies, we draft with that in mind" - Josh McDaniels.

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 09:21 PM
While I agree that we could go 8-8, I don't think it is going to happen. You gave wins against the Chargers, Houston and Arizona. Arizona just beat the Super Bowl champs today and Houston can put up numbers as they already beat the Colts.
Our schedule is probably the easiest in the league from this point forward, so if they can't go 8-8, that is going to be sad! It doesn't get much easier than this schedule in the NFL. While I hope they do go 8-8, I don't think it is going to happen.....I will be wearing my Orange next week and hoping for a Bronco victory!!!

Just a nitpick...but I gave us a loss against Houston. I gave us a win against Arizona because they're just not that good without Warner at the helm. I live in AZ and I watch them every week. They are VERY beatable. And I also said that we'd split against SD. One win, but also one loss (what we have done the past 2 years vs. them).

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 09:25 PM
"It takes two years to evaluate rookies, we draft with that in mind" - Josh McDaniels.

Is that why after one year A. Smith was traded? So much for two years of evaluation. We all knew this was a lousy value pick, but Josh went against his own mantra. I guess two years went out the window.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Yeah...I definitely think that Arizona is a game we should win. They are playing Max Hall now and that should help us out. I think that will be a very telling game if we are in contention. Losing to them would provide a big hit to their achievement on the season. Time will tell, but I just don't think they have what it takes to go 8-8, especially if we lose next week and are sitting at 2-4. Teams figured us out last year down the stretch and we have to turn that figure around!

Popps
10-10-2010, 09:43 PM
McDaniels took over a team that was on the way up

Hilarious!

Good god, you can't be serious.

Half of our starting defense was literally out of the NFL by the following season.

We were starting RBs out of cell phone stores, our QB was leading the league in INTs and we got absolutely destroyed by a division foe in a game so embarrassing the announcers were laughing at us.

On the way up?

In what universe?

baja
10-10-2010, 09:45 PM
Is that why after one year A. Smith was traded? So much for two years of evaluation. We all knew this was a lousy value pick, but Josh went against his own mantra. I guess two years went out the window.

You act as if that was not my exact point.

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Hilarious!

Half of our starting defense was literally out of the NFL by the following season.

We were starting RBs out of cell phone stores, our QB was leading the league in INTs and we got absolutely destroyed by a division foe in a game so embarrassing the announcers were laughing at us.

On the way up?

In what universe?

And McDaniels has questioned the mental toughness of his own team. The team he put together. That is a real indictment of his ability to assemble a winning team.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 09:58 PM
Hilarious!

On the way up?

In what universe?

That was a team that could take a guy out of a cell phone kiosk and win a game! That year was epic in terms of RB's on IR, but Shanny still had a chance at the playoffs. The D could have gotten better in the draft (and we didn't get any better) and that QB that led the league in INT's went to the Pro Bowl. I seem to remember another Broncos QB that was pretty bad his first few of years in the league...just can't remember his name right now. Orton has no upside and I think a touch of mental retardation....see pictures of him sans helmet! He had his best year ever last year (8-8, 2-8 the last 10) and was still 700 yards short of what Cutler was able to do, but... Kyle Orton is our starting QB--Lovie Smith

TheProfessor
10-10-2010, 10:03 PM

vs. NYJ (L)
vs. OAK (L)
@ SF (London) (W)
vs. KC (W)
@ SD (L)
vs. STL (W)
@ KC (L)
@ ARI (W)
@ OAK (W)
vs. HOU (L)
vs. SD (W)

Sorry, but teams this inept at running the football don't win many games in the NFL. For them to go 8-8 they will have to fix the ground game. Until then, wins are going to be very hard to come by.

The question is, can they fix it? Not through 5 games, but I'll admit the season is still young.

scttgrd
10-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Well, things have changed. But the results are the same. Is it the coaching or the personnel? With Josh calling out the team, who is the culprit? Does anyone see a playoff run in this team?

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 10:06 PM
We would be better off getting a better draft pick! This defense isn't a playoff D and the lobsided offense can't win on the arm of Orton. If you can't make the playoffs with the EASY schedule the Broncos have, you are a BAD team. McD-bag is who we thought he was...over his head and in deep water!

HAT
10-10-2010, 10:10 PM
We would be better off getting a better draft pick! This defense isn't a playoff D and the lobsided offense can't win on the arm of Orton. If you can't make the playoffs with the EASY schedule the Broncos have, you are a BAD team. McD-bag is who we thought he was...over his head and in deep water!

:strong:

HAT
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
This defense isn't a playoff D and the lobsided offense

Sounds like something Rev would be into.

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 10:12 PM
What has the passing game got us? You need to have a more balanced attack in order to win in the NFL. Look at the numbers, QB's that pass for huge numbers don't win games.

He (Orton) had his best year ever last year (8-8, 2-8 the last 10) and was still 700 yards short of what Cutler was able to do, but... Kyle Orton is our starting QB--Lovie Smith

There you go contradicting yourself AGAIN. First you say that big passing yardage numbers mean nothing, and then you go and use that against Orton by saying that he had less yards than Cutler during their years on this team. So what about this year? A year where Orton is blowing away the yardage numbers that Cutler put up here? QUIT CONTRADICTING YOURSELF AND TWISTING THE STATS IN FEEBLE ATTEMPTS TO SKEW YOUR AMAZINGLY BIASED VIEWPOINTS AGAINST McD/ORTON. It's f'n pathetic, man!

But alas, there I go, going back on what I said about being finished arguing with you. But you keep saying such incredibly stupid ****, I just can't help myself! Ahhhh! LOL

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 10:29 PM
There you go contradicting yourself AGAIN. First you say that big passing yardage numbers mean nothing, and then you go and use that against Orton by saying that he had less yards than Cutler during their years on this team. So what about this year? A year where Orton is blowing away the yardage numbers that Cutler put up here? QUIT CONTRADICTING YOURSELF AND TWISTING THE STATS IN FEEBLE ATTEMPTS TO SKEW YOUR AMAZINGLY BIASED VIEWPOINTS AGAINST McD/ORTON. It's f'n pathetic, man!

But alas, there I go, going back on what I said about being finished arguing with you. But you keep saying such incredibly stupid ****, I just can't help myself! Ahhhh! LOL

Cutler won games with his arm and they still had a running game! Is there a contradiction in that Cutler had more TD's than Orton? Cutler also has a way better QB rating this season, even though you seem to believe Orton is the best QB in the league this year! It's either a problem with McD-bag or a worse team...pick one! Cutler kept defenses from stacking the box and was better at making plays with his feet when needed. Orton slid before the 1st down a few games ago at a critical moment so he didn't hurt his skirt wearing ass. The guy is 6-5 and plays like he is 5-10. Cutler might have made more mistakes, but was a better big play quarterback. Keep up the hype on Orton though...he will be lucky to go 8-8 this year!

HAT
10-10-2010, 10:35 PM
Cutler won games with his arm and they still had a running game! Is there a contradiction in that Cutler had more TD's than Orton? Cutler also has a way better QB rating this season, even though you seem to believe Orton is the best QB in the league this year! It's either a problem with McD-bag or a worse team...pick one! Cutler kept defenses from stacking the box and was better at making plays with his feet when needed. Orton slid before the 1st down a few games ago at a critical moment so he didn't hurt his skirt wearing ass. The guy is 6-5 and plays like he is 5-10. Cutler might have made more mistakes, but was a better big play quarterback. Keep up the hype on Orton though...he will be lucky to go 8-8 this year!

Anybody get banned lately?

BroncoLacker is an obvious ghost with the whole 20-something posts & 2004 join date.

SoCalBronco
10-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Sounds like something Rev would be into.

Outside of the Khan-Kuper pic (a timeless classic), this is my favorite photoshop of all time.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=25376&d=1256778791

Hat tip to orangeandblueblooded.

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 10:38 PM

BroncoLacker is an obvious ghost with the whole 20-something posts & 2004 join date.

How come that is everyone's comeback? I don't have a lot of posts??? Nothing to say to what I post and you want to ban me...laughable!! Keep hugging your Orton and McDaniels dolls!

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 10:52 PM

Before tonight, he had zero posts. Every one of them has come tonight. It is very odd that he picked tonight, over the past 6 years, to come out of lurk-mode. At the very least, his ridiculous blind bias is somewhat amusing!

BroncoBacker
10-10-2010, 10:57 PM
I picked tonight because I'm sick of the Donkey's losing and giving away talent! I'm sorry if I didn't spend a lot of time on here, just pissed off at how bad the team is playing! Meanwhile, everyone says how great the passing game is and that McD-bag is such a great HC...what a joke!
I guess I need to spend more time on my computer like you do Broncobiv....my bad!

Broncobiv
10-10-2010, 11:00 PM
:thumbsup:

HAT
10-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Outside of the Khan-Kuper pic (a timeless classic), this is my favorite photoshop of all time.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=25376&d=1256778791

Hat tip to orangeandblueblooded.

LOL

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zR15O1cdNqk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zR15O1cdNqk?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

DivineLegion
10-11-2010, 12:52 AM
Funny I ran into Owen Spencer this weekend (WR NC State) and I asked him what he thought of Alphonso Smith. He said that hes probably the best DB he's played in the ACC but he was definitely beatable. He also said he would love to play for the Broncos.

Goobzilla
10-11-2010, 02:31 PM
I just loved the Carlton dance in the end zone:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICA539aGHBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICA539aGHBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gtown
10-11-2010, 03:06 PM
I just loved the Carlton dance in the end zone:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICA539aGHBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICA539aGHBo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Where was that swagger in Denver. That bastard. Holding out on us.

The Moops
10-11-2010, 04:57 PM
How do you give up a #1 pick for a guy with loads of potential, then trade him for peanuts after his first season?

Oh, that's right . . . two words . . . Josh McDaniels

go_broncos
10-11-2010, 05:12 PM
A.Smith..you piece of ****
Why didn't you play like this while you are in Denver..

DarkHorse30
10-11-2010, 05:26 PM
there is no winning the "A. Smith" argument. If he sucks in Detroit, then we shouldn't have ever drafted him. If he's successful, then we gave up too soon.

The CONSENSUS (and I use that in the purest AG fashion)on this bronco board was that Alphonso Smith was an ill-advised pick. So he gets traded to Detroit and then (with zero pressure) he mans up. Is it Denver's problem that he didn't man up when he should have? He even admitted to the press that he didn't man up.......so let's keep talking about him :)

oubronco
10-11-2010, 05:27 PM
I say **** him he's not on our team

WolfpackGuy
10-11-2010, 05:31 PM
He's no Earl Thomas.

Ray Finkle
10-11-2010, 07:36 PM
The guy played so badly he got beaten out by an UDFA and Ty Law last year. He played poorly in camp (behind Bailey, Goodman, and Cox).....yet he plays well 1/4 of the season and people are putting him on a pedestal?

db56
10-12-2010, 07:28 PM
just watched the vid, Phonz dropped into his zone and the Rookie Bradford threw him one between the numbers, Big Freakin Deal!!

I agree that the talent evaluaters and scouts should be fired for the drafting these 5th rounders in the 1st and 2nd rounds to watch them turn out to be busts and cut, but I dont blame McD at all for shipping them out of town on a rail if they are clearly beat out in camp...

_Oro_
10-12-2010, 07:33 PM
He's no Earl Thomas.

More like a shorter Ed Reed.

Dedhed
10-12-2010, 07:35 PM
Smith=Hillis: Dog dump in a system that asks a lot of it's players. Fine in a simple system that will not get a team to the promised land in today's NFL.